PDA

View Full Version : A Massive Thank You to all Hibs Fans who supported the Vale today

valeofleithenfc
05-07-2014, 07:31 PM
I would like to offer a huge thanks to all Hibs fans who made the trip down to Innerleithen not only to support Alan Stubs and the team but you went out your way to help us at the Vale of Leithen and it's truly appreciated from all us, fantastic day weather was brilliant, Sky Sports Luke Shanley helped plug the match, after the match my players were dead on their feet playing 2 matches in 48 hours with a young small squad and for huge amounts of the game we kept chasing shadows but every player including me really enjoyed the occasion, speaking to members of my committee after the match some even commented that you guys were asking " how much to get in for 2 our reply £ 14 and you were handing over £ 20 and saying keep the change "

Tonight I'm extremely humble and proud not only to be the Vale Manager but also a proud Hibernian supporter.

Hopefully our club will go from strength to strength and your support today will go a huge way for us opening our doors this season.

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

Thecat23
05-07-2014, 07:35 PM
All the best to you boys this season too!

hibeemikey21
05-07-2014, 07:36 PM
I would like to offer a huge thanks to all Hibs fans who made the trip down to Innerleithen not only to support Alan Stubs and the team but you went out your way to help us at the Vale of Leithen and it's truly appreciated from all us, fantastic day weather was brilliant, Sky Sports Luke Shanley helped plug the match, after the match my players were dead on their feet playing 2 matches in 48 hours with a young small squad and for huge amounts of the game we kept chasing shadows but every player including me really enjoyed the occasion, speaking to members of my committee after the match some even commented that you guys were asking " how much to get in for 2 our reply £ 14 and you were handing over £ 20 and saying keep the change "

Tonight I'm extremely humble and proud not only to be the Vale Manager but also a proud Hibernian supporter.

Hopefully our club will go from strength to strength and your support today will go a huge way for us opening our doors this season.

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

Was a great day out. Hope it helped you guys and that the Vale pull through!

Soldiersteve
05-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Lammy,
The guys saying "keep the change" and your response...........
Hibs class!

sleeping giant
05-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Thanks for taking the time to come on here.
Good luck for the coming season.

brog
05-07-2014, 07:41 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

Lovely post, good luck to the Vale & you!

MSK
05-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )Excellent stuff Lammy, glad I made the trip down ..worth every penny ..good luck for the season ahead..:hibees

Jonnyboy
05-07-2014, 07:43 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

Cheers for this Lammy. Vale were great hosts and I enjoyed my day out. Good luck for the future :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
All the best to Vale!

valeofleithenfc
Lammy,
Hibs class!

It was class and football has a way of giving you a massive lift as at times we are a big family who look out for each other and that's why I love the game
you did us proud today

hihohibby
Thank you for your heart-warming post.
Sounded like a great and worthwhile day all-round for all involved.
The best of luck to Vale in the forthcoming season.

70hibby
Thanks also to Chairman Jack Diamond who got my two kids to mascot the Hibs team on.... They loved the day and also a little spot on SSN :)

Good luck to the Vale this season !

EdinMike
05-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Was a great day Lammy, I'm glad I managed to get there. The hospitality and downright kindness shown to us "Big Town" folk was immense.

I enjoyed the day (think I got a tad burnt in the face as well) and I hope we do this every year !

:flag:

emerald green
05-07-2014, 07:52 PM
I wasn't at the game, but this makes me feel even prouder to be a Hibs supporter.

Good luck to VOL.

Peevemor
05-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks for taking the time to come on here.
Good luck for the coming season.

Ditto.

Stax
05-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Great post, hope Vale have a good season mate :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
05-07-2014, 07:57 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

Great post, and would be terrific if the good will between the clubs can continue in future seasons. Hopefully both clubs can go on and prosper now following their recent troubles.

Malthibby
05-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Not forgetting the seriously good steak pies:thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
05-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Thank you for taking the time to come on here, Lammy. It was a great day out and everyone was really friendly. I had been given donations to hand in as 2 good Hibby's couldn't make it and the folk on the programme/raffle stall were so chuffed :thumbsup: Nice gesture having a Hibs top as the prize too but I wiz robbed as I think I had number 165 but I lost my ticket :rolleyes: :greengrin Good luck for the future :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Thank you for taking the time to come on here, Lammy. It was a great day out and everyone was really friendly. I had been given donations to hand in as 2 good Hibby's couldn't make it and the folk on the programme/raffle stall were so chuffed :thumbsup: Nice gesture having a Hibs top as the prize too but I wiz robbed as I think I had number 165 but I lost my ticket :rolleyes: :greengrin Good luck for the future :aok:

Did 165 win?? I had 163.....:rolleyes:

Sergey
05-07-2014, 08:06 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

As someone who's involved in non-league football, I understand first-hand how important these days are financially and hopefully the revenue generated helps towards some sort of financial stability for the rest of the season.

All the very best and glad it worked out.

Hanny
05-07-2014, 08:08 PM
What a nice post. So pleased it was a successful day. Best of luck for the coming season.

Alfred E Newman
05-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Was a great day Lammy, I'm glad I managed to get there. The hospitality and downright kindness shown to us "Big Town" folk was immense.

I enjoyed the day (think I got a tad burnt in the face as well) and I hope we do this every year !

:flag:

Even shown to us " big town" folks from Peebles:greengrin

ALF TUPPER
05-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Lammy,
Hibs class!

Absolutely Hibs Class . Well done everyone!!

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Football should be part of the good in the community...As I said on another thread, it was lovely to see so many families enjoying a day out (at family friendly prices) and you were great hosts. Smashing pitch - credit to groundsman - and the surroundings must be one of the most scenic anywhere. I hope we make this a regular early pre-season fixture as it clearly has benefits for both clubs.

Selling tickets in Loanhead was a masterstroke :aok:

If your main sponsor sold their product in ER it would sells tons :greengrin

I thought your team competed really well first half, and it was no surprise they could not keep the tempo up 2nd after Sons game and against F/T pros.

Good luck keeping things financially on an even keel

MSK
05-07-2014, 08:16 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )Meant to add ..credit to your team today, well organized & showed respect to hibs, commitment & desire without the need to go overboard ..special mention to yer keeper in the second half as well ..two or three cracking saves ..:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Meant to add ..credit to your team today, well organized & showed respect to hibs, commitment & desire without the need to go overboard ..special mention to yer keeper in the second half as well ..two or three cracking saves ..:top marks

Can't recall any over zealous tackles, good to see that these days.....Hope you raised plenty for the Season Lammy

neil7908
05-07-2014, 09:08 PM
This is what football should always be like

hibbymick
05-07-2014, 09:20 PM
What a cracking setting for a game of football. And also great to meet up with Ray Diamond before the game, not seen him in over 25 years.

Jim Herriot
05-07-2014, 09:30 PM
I wasn't at the game, but this makes me feel even prouder to be a Hibs supporter.

Good luck to VOL.

Agree. Can we pencil in a rematch this time next year?
Best of luck VoL.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Good lad!
Hope you and Vale do well this forthcoming season.
GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
05-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Good to be there .... especially to see my wee mate Ben McGregor ( number 14 ) come on for the Vale in the 2nd half after over a year out injured. Dyed in the wool Hibby by the way. I still remember him near to tears at the end of the AEK Athens game when he was a bairn.

andyf5
06-07-2014, 06:27 AM
That's the best pre season friendly I've been to. The hospitality from the whole town was fantastic. Fantastic family atmosphere and should be an annual fixture.

BigKev
06-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Good to be there .... especially to see my wee mate Ben McGregor ( number 14 ) come on for the Vale in the 2nd half after over a year out injured. Dyed in the wool Hibby by the way. I still remember him near to tears at the end of the AEK Athens game when he was a bairn.

Possibly the smallest player I've ever seen on a football park!

Good to hear he's both a Hibby and recovered from injury.

Great turn out from the Hibs fans and delighted it'll help the Vale out in troubled times.

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2014, 08:38 AM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )

Go on the Vale!! I wasn't there as I live in London, but I love going to these kinda games when I can.. Went to a few U20's games last season and you can't beat the hospitality.. And the pies are better too..!! (and you can take your pint with you to watch the game!!)

down-the-slope
06-07-2014, 09:03 AM

I asked the Vale announcer when he came on if 14 was also his age...tiny scrap of a lad...he assured me he was 19 and a tremendous talent but was just coming back from a bad leg break. You could see he was rusty but liked to have the ball. Hope he gets back playing regularly

WeeRussell
06-07-2014, 10:26 AM
I asked the Vale announcer when he came on if 14 was also his age...tiny scrap of a lad...he assured me he was 19 and a tremendous talent but was just coming back from a bad leg break. You could see he was rusty but liked to have the ball. Hope he gets back playing regularly

21 :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
06-07-2014, 10:31 AM

Was on Hibs books when he was a bairn, but a wee bit lack of pace and physical presence counted against him. A wee bag o' tricks with the ball though. I used to drive him up to training when his mum couldn't on the condition that he bought me a house when he made it big.

Petrie !!! :grr:

Stantons Angel
06-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Just want to add my thanks to all at the Vale for a cracking day out, sunburn and all!

It was just brilliant to sit surrounded by some of the best scenery in the world, watching a good wee game of football with family and friends.

Id personally like to thank the committee member who helped me get a chair for an elderly friend with a bad leg to sit on.

he thoroughly enjoyed the game pain free for having not to stand all game.

Id also like to say a big thanks to the caterer stall, making a fantastic effort to feed the hoards of Hibbys who traveled down for the game.

Just hope the money we helped raise will help you keep on playing this season.

All the very best for the season to Vale of Leithen.

Peevemor
06-07-2014, 11:49 AM
I enjoy watching games in these sort of settings. After moving across here and going to a few Rennes matches I quickly realised that I wouldn't be able to build any real affinity with any club other than Hibs. Even attending some pretty big French L1 games left me indifferent (I still go from time to time but that's more to do with the hospitality).

About 8 years ago when I was living in a village with about 1500 inhabitants, I was out one Sunday afternoon and stumbled on the local team playing a home match. There were maybe 100 spectators dotted around the edge of the pitch, including the player's families, strip washers, committee members - you name it.

I loved it and it really struck me that this is where club football came from. It's all a million miles away from obscene wages, crappy tv deals, FIFA back handers, Russian/Arab investors, etc.

sbell1875
06-07-2014, 01:50 PM
My friend said the pies were excellent also!

Always good to see small local teams and I hope the club gets over any recent problems it's encountered.

Lago
06-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Thank you

Mark Lamb
(Lammy )
Lovely post, and this is really one area Hibs should be more involved in as a community club.

down-the-slope
06-07-2014, 02:56 PM
21 :agree:

:shocked: he will still be getting asked for ID when hes 30 +

As already said - he looks like hes got a fair bit of skill, hope he fully recovers and keeps playing

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-07-2014, 03:58 PM
One of the old boys in the VoL FC Club was telling me yesterday about a match Vale played against France in a World Cup warm-up match back in '66, although they lost 8-0 it must've been some experience for the locals.

WeeRussell
06-07-2014, 04:07 PM
:shocked: he will still be getting asked for ID when hes 30 +

As already said - he looks like hes got a fair bit of skill, hope he fully recovers and keeps playing

He will indeed - he hasn't changed a bit since he was 13 year old (aside from a couple of years with some weight!!) and we are still waiting on him to start shaving. Good wee lad though and yes, a cracking footballer. Only returned from injury a month or two back and would expect him to play East of Scotland within the next few years. :aok:

TRC
06-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Just out of interest how did the hibs team play from a players perspective? Did anyone in the Hibs team really impress you?

The Harp
06-07-2014, 06:20 PM
This thread's been like a breath of fresh air, makes a pleasant change. Sounds like a great day was had by all - sorry to have missed it. Hope a decent amount was raised.
Good luck to the Vale for the season ahead.

NAE NOOKIE
07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Just out of interest how did the hibs team play from a players perspective? Did anyone in the Hibs team really impress you?

Pleased to say Alex Harris :agree:

HappyAsHellas
07-07-2014, 12:10 PM
2nd half, Harris, Stanton and Craig simply blew them out of the water.