PDA

View Full Version : Max Todd

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Best youngster to come through the ranks since John Collins?

bingo70
05-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Never heard of him, how old is he?

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Excellent today. Reminded me of a young Leo Messi.

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I'd agree, his 45 minutes against vale of lethen definitely trumps:

Scott brown's cis cup win, 4.4m transfer fee and numerous trophies and league wins with celtic.

steven whittaker's cis cup win, 2m transfer fee and spell in the premiership.

steven fletcher's two goals in a cis cup final and numerous goals in the premiership.

Derek riordan's 100 plus goals for the first team.

but yeh. 45 minutes vs vale of lethen a?

Hibs90
05-07-2014, 05:05 PM

Scott brown's cis cup win, 4.4m transfer fee and numerous trophies and league wins with celtic.

steven fletcher's two goals in a cis cup final and numerous goals in the premiership.

:greengrin

Was he the no.11? Looked decent at times.

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 05:05 PM

How disrespectful can you be of the vale?

scoopyboy
05-07-2014, 05:07 PM

Yep. Got it in one, lets get rid off.

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2014, 05:09 PM

We're you at the game today mate wearing a red t-shirt and denim shorts? If so, I think we might have had this conversation today already!

oconnors_strip
05-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Never heard of him, how old is he?

Max is 18, has been at the club for a number of years and is a great prospect! His grandad is the great bobby kinloch

bingo70
05-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Max is 18, has been at the club for a number of years and is a great prospect! His grandad is the great bobby kinloch

Cheers

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Point me to he bit where I say anything bad about him please.

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:30 PM
We're you at the game today mate wearing a red t-shirt and denim shorts? If so, I think we might have had this conversation today already!

Denim shorts? Gracious no!

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:33 PM
;4087789']How disrespectful can you be of the vale?

For goodness sake. It's not disrespectful comparing a non league team to teams in the english premier league. Vale of Lethen are of a lower standard than the type of teams the players I mentioned have played against.

if anyone is getting abuse it should be the OP for the most ridiculous thread this side of a calendar signing.

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 05:35 PM
For goodness sake. It's not disrespectful comparing a non league team to teams in the english premier league. Vale of Lethen are of a lower standard than the type of teams the players I mentioned have played against.

if anyone is getting abuse it should be the OP for the most ridiculous thread this side of a calendar signing.

Deary me.

SaulGoodman
05-07-2014, 05:35 PM

Yeah! Because **** positive threads about players!

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Agreed. Getting really sick of our so called fans writing off our players before they've even been given a chance. Is any wonder we are where we are?

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Agreed. Getting really sick of our so called fans writing off our players before they've even been given a chance. Is any wonder we are where we are?

Show me where I wrote him off or even commented on his ability?

Here's what the OP should have said without the need for resorting to ridiculous hyperbole:

Max Todd looked good today, he could be a real talent and may be the best player we have produced since John Collins if he continues to progress.

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Show me where I wrote him off or even commented on his ability?

Here's what the OP should have said without the need for resorting to ridiculous hyperbole:

Max Todd looked good today, he could be a real talent and may be the best player we have produced since John Collins if he continues to progress.

So if you know what he meant then why do you have an issue?

Aldo
05-07-2014, 05:43 PM

It was the leather ones then?? ;-)

SunshineOnLeith

Psst, I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

The OP may have been deliberately exaggerating. Maybe.

Onceinawhile
Yeah! Because **** positive threads about players!

There's a difference between positivity and nonsense though isn't there? My first post showed it to be utter nonsense. Also please show me where I was negative about one of our players?

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 05:45 PM
There's a difference between positivity and nonsense though isn't there? My first post showed it to be utter nonsense. Also please show me where I was negative about one of our players?

There's a difference between nonsense and a bit of light hearted positive banter.

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:46 PM
;4087859']So if you know what he meant then why do you have an issue?

Because it's difficult to read tone over the internet and i see little to suggest that he meant what i typed.

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:47 PM
It was the leather ones then?? ;-)

On a sunny day like today I had to wear my chaps.

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:48 PM
;4087864']There's a difference between nonsense and a bit of light hearted positive banter.

I don't read that in the OP but if that's how it was intended a) my apologies, b) smilies are your friend.

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Because it's difficult to read tone over the internet and i see little to suggest that he meant what i typed.

Lighten up pal.

scuttle
05-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Is it because Belgium are losing

Aldo
05-07-2014, 05:50 PM

;-)

Sure if you wore the leather ones you'd be 'chapped'

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Can we get back on topic rather than seeing people arguing please?

Onceinawhile
;4087869']Lighten up pal.

Lighten up? You calling me fat ;)

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Thread police out in force again

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Sorry. So is Max Todd the best youngster we've produced since John Collins?

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Is it because Belgium are losing

Hahaha yes. Yes it is.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Thread police out in force again

Aye, that's right. Your under arrest!

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense. :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2014, 05:53 PM

No clue, never saw him play before.

My_Wife_Camille
05-07-2014, 05:54 PM

Not sure about that but he looked good today, he could be a real talent and may be the best player we have produced since John Collins if he continues to progress.

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 05:56 PM

What an absolute nonsense post! :wink:

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Not sure about that but he looked good today, he could be a real talent and may be the best player we have produced since John Collins if he continues to progress.

What an eminently sensible post.

Cracker
05-07-2014, 06:08 PM

Barcelona 😁😁😁

linlithgowhibbie
05-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes fattie

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Yes fattie

Admins: lifetime ban for personal abuse and posting whilst on holiday please!

Hermit Crab
05-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes fattie

:tee hee:

Hermit Crab
05-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Lifetime ban for twerps.

snooky
05-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Aye, that's right. Your under arrest!

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense. :wink:

Is Max Todd related to Johnny Todd? (Z cars theme tune) :wink:

Onceinawhile
05-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Lifetime ban for twerps.

Seems harsh...

Jonnyboy
05-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Max is a good young talent and in time he may well secure a first team berth. Any comparison with JC is a tad unfair on Max but I understand what the OP meant. He was perhaps comparing Max with the JC who was similarly trying to work his way into the first team, not the JC who'd already done that to good effect

Unseen work
05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Very unfair on max himself this thread. One game where im sure he played well against let's be honest a poor side. Let's not go overboard. Let's just support the lad and let him develop with no pressure.

These sort of statements is what ruins a lot of youngsters IMO

soda70
05-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Cmon guys lay off poor antwerphibs as the clue is his name:)

weststandhibby
05-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Max is indeed Bobby's grandson and last time I spoke to Bobby he was very proud of Max. However he is still a young laddie and needs to be treated as such. Great talent but let's not a) get on his back as this forum tends to do & b) build him up too much. Let him develop and we could have a talent on our hands.
:flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Max is indeed Bobby's grandson and last time I spoke to Bobby he was very proud of Max. However he is still a young laddie and needs to be treated as such. Great talent but let's not a) get on his back as this forum tends to do & b) build him up too much. Let him develop and we could have a talent on our hands.
:flag:

Is Max related to Sam Todd who was on Hibs books a few years ago? Cousin?

oconnors_strip
05-07-2014, 11:23 PM
Is Max related to Sam Todd who was on Hibs books a few years ago? Cousin?

Yeah Sam is Max's brother

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Yeah Sam is Max's brother

Cheers.

Steve-O
06-07-2014, 01:08 AM
18 is old enough, get him in the team!

Forza Fred
06-07-2014, 01:34 AM

18 is old enough, get him in the team!

get his grandad in the team, even if it's just for penalties...

WellingtonHibby
06-07-2014, 05:12 AM

Assless chaps?

Thecat23
06-07-2014, 06:32 AM

Doesn't matter who you play, if you have talent it will shine through. But let's just bin him because he's not won a trophy.

Seen some strange posts on here lately but that's right up there.

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Best youngster to come through the ranks since John Collins?

I went to watch the U20's and the EOS team a few times last season, and Max Todd always stuck out as a great wee player.. I remember the last U20's game against Killie at the training centre, Butcher was there watching, so was Malpas.. Max Todd Played OK but wasn't his best game, that loan signing kid, Duncan Watmore played too.. He was mince!!! Really seriously mince!! McPake played that day too and was solid.. Next first team game, was 1-1 at home to Partick, McPake never started, and Watmore did.. He was really Mince!!! McPake never played for us again, Watmore went back to Sunderland, and we got relegated!!!

Onceinawhile
06-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Doesn't matter who you play, if you have talent it will shine through. But let's just bin him because he's not won a trophy.

Seen some strange posts on here lately but that's right up there.

So you agree then that his 45 minutes vs vale makes him better than those players?

And my post is the weird one?

Billy Whizz
06-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I think it shows that we still have some good young talent at ER, even though we've had to let a few go. Players like Todd etc will make up the bulk if our under 20 team next season, and there are quite a few more!

brog
06-07-2014, 09:32 AM

So you agree then that his 45 minutes vs vale makes him better than those players?

And my post is the weird one?

As you're keeping this going, I would say it appears the majority of people on this thread, including me, did regard your post as a tad weird. You may not have noticed but the OP's comment had a ? at the end. I regarded it as a somewhat lighthearted & OTT comment. You're the only one who seems to have taken it seriously & for some reason been offended by it.

Onceinawhile
06-07-2014, 09:35 AM
As you're keeping this going, I would say it appears the majority of people on this thread, including me, did regard your post as a tad weird. You may not have noticed but the OP's comment had a ? at the end. I regarded it as a somewhat lighthearted & OTT comment. You're the only one who seems to have taken it seriously & for some reason been offended by it.

Hahaha the first post you quoted is a joke, I'm not really that keen on gettig my dad banned from hibs.net.

And I replied to a post that quoted me, that's not me keeping it going.

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2014, 09:37 AM

He is actually a good wee player..

Onceinawhile
06-07-2014, 09:39 AM
He is actually a good wee player..

Good, I'm glad. I hope he goes on to achieve enough that means the OPs question can be discussed as if it was serious rather than the light hearted joke it is that i missed.

Coco Bryce
06-07-2014, 10:21 AM

😳

we are hibs
06-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Wasn't at the game yesterday, what kind of player is he and what position does he
Play?

Billy Whizz
06-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Wasn't at the game yesterday, what kind of player is he and what position does he
Play?

Plays up front, usually on the left side. Wouldn't really call him a winger, but got good touch and can score goals

The_Horde
12-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Sensational again today. Definitely shades of Lionel in there.

Unseen work
12-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Seems to be well liked by Stubbs, 90 mins today and is hopefully the creative spark we need, along with Stanton and the new confident Harris plus any new signings

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Very unfair on max himself this thread. One game where im sure he played well against let's be honest a poor side. Let's not go overboard. Let's just support the lad and let him develop with no pressure.

These sort of statements is what ruins a lot of youngsters IMO

But people pay their money... And it's only a message board... Zzzz. Give youth a chance to florish.

Unseen work
13-07-2014, 03:27 PM
But people pay their money... And it's only a message board... Zzzz. Give youth a chance to florish.

So? All I said is it's unfair for him to automatically be hailed the best since Collins, let him develop with no pressure. Exactly and by giving them a chance to flourish we can't be saying their the best player ever to as soon as he's had a bad game he's murder, happened to Harris.

I'm not a believer in comparisons I think we should just let the lad get on with it and continue to enjoy his football

Zzzzz

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2014, 03:31 PM
So? All I said is it's unfair for him to automatically be hailed the best since Collins, let him develop with no pressure. Exactly and by giving them a chance to flourish we can't be saying their the best player ever to as soon as he's had a bad game he's murder, happened to Harris.

I'm not a believer in comparisons I think we should just let the lad get on with it and continue to enjoy his football

Zzzzz
Apologies smiley omitted - obv the text wasn't sarcy enough ;)

TRC
13-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Zlatan once was asked 'are you as good as messi and ronaldo?' To which he replied 'no I'm as good as Zlatan, which is enough for me' or something along those lines.

My_Wife_Camille
13-07-2014, 03:47 PM

Zzzzz
Agreed, what a ridiculous comparison to make and the OP comes across as a bit of a bell end to be honest

bob12345
14-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Hopefully he has plenty more of these up his sleeve at this stadium... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541646695876733&set=vb.184845868223486&type=3&theater