PDA

View Full Version : Home friendlies

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
All our pre-season games appear to be on other peoples turf, surely it would be advantageous to any new recruits to get a couple of home games under thier belts before the big KO.

I am not a lover of meaningless friendlies myself, but I know some Hibs fans like to get down and support the club at any level. In a season that may well see attendances lower than previous years , and season tickets way down at the moment than last year any home fixture would also generate extra much needed cash for the player budget.

roryg
05-07-2014, 03:19 PM
0-2. Goals by Jason Cummings

bingo70
05-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Stubbs said yesterday he's hoping to arrange a home friendly

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=roryg;4087625]0-2. Goals by Jason Cummings[/QUOT
Still think he's not gonna be a big bplayer for us, hope I'm wrong but I have my doubts.

--------
05-07-2014, 03:38 PM
All our pre-season games appear to be on other peoples turf, surely it would be advantageous to any new recruits to get a couple of home games under thier belts before the big KO.

I am not a lover of meaningless friendlies myself, but I know some Hibs fans like to get down and support the club at any level. In a season that may well see attendances lower than previous years , and season tickets way down at the moment than last year any home fixture would also generate extra much needed cash for the player budget.

... and the others like to go down and give them dog's abuse. :devil:

snooky
05-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Stubbs said yesterday he's hoping to arrange a home friendly
Against all the folk that have recently left hibsnet.....Civil Service Trollers I think they're called :wink:

GlenrothesHibee
05-07-2014, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=roryg;4087625]0-2. Goals by Jason Cummings[/QUOT
Still think he's not gonna be a big bplayer for us, hope I'm wrong but I have my doubts.

I think he will score 15+ this season

hfc rd
05-07-2014, 04:04 PM
... and the others like to go down and give them dog's abuse. :devil:

Why don't Hibs play them in a friendly. I'm sure the players would want that.

HibeesLA
05-07-2014, 05:39 PM

Not looke at the updates on the official site, but I assume that the newly laid turf is ready to be played on?

Billy Whizz
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Not looke at the updates on the official site, but I assume that the newly laid turf is ready to be played on?

Probably be ready for a friendly at home on the 2nd August

scoopyboy
05-07-2014, 08:19 PM

That may be part of the issue with home friendlies, the new pitch was sown and not turfed.

The young grass may need longer than turf before it can be played on.

Hibernia Na Eir
06-07-2014, 01:38 PM
After our diabolical home form, I think we have no option but to play at least two friendly games at Hibernian Park.

greenlex
06-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Cannae play at home till the paints dry

Speedy
07-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Why don't Hibs play them in a friendly. I'm sure the players would want that.

7000 a side?

Phil D. Rolls
07-07-2014, 08:02 AM

When confidence in the team is fragile, it's better to make your mistakes away from home.

AndyM_1875
07-07-2014, 08:41 AM
After our diabolical home form, I think we have no option but to play at least two friendly games at Hibernian Park.

Hibernian Park?

Not unless we jump in a time machine and go back to 1888. It's now Bothwell Street.