PDA

View Full Version : NHC: World cup boots - oldies are the best

E10 Rifle
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
All these fancy dan boots and yet I like the cut of the refs jib best. Adidas World Cup or Beckenbauer though?

Stax
04-07-2014, 10:26 PM
All these fancy dan boots and yet I like the cut of the refs jib best. Adidas World Cup or Beckenbauer though?
World Cup mondials mate, noticed as well. Used to dream / hint about them as a bairn. Unfortunately for my birthday I got a pair of gola moulded studs instead.. :greengrin

heretoday
04-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Bring back black boots. It's all Alan Ball's fault.

Baader
04-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Black boots are the standout now - like white ones - or anything other than black - used to be years ago. World Cup were the ones. Puma King I always coveted but never wore either but did have the pleasure of scoring a few goals in Quasar Lineker Gold boots that were given to me by Pat Stanton as I was good mates with his youngest son Kenny at school.

Mon Dieu4
05-07-2014, 10:04 AM
I only ever wear copa mundials or puma king, nothing else can match them in my opinion, as for coloured boots I've said this on a few occasions, you should only get to wear them when you have achieved something in the game, I can handle Zidane wearing gold boots but when you get clogger centre halves wearing pink or bright yellow boots it really winds me up for some reason

I take my nephew to football practice on Saturday mornings and there isn't a black boot in sight

easty
05-07-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm wearing adidas kaisers just now. At £45 you can't complain.

edinburghhibee
05-07-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm wearing adidas kaisers just now. At £45 you can't complain.

Could have fooled me, played like you were wearing your auld dears slippers last Wednesday ;)

easty
05-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Could have fooled me, played like you were wearing your auld dears slippers last Wednesday ;)

Cunny funt.

(((Fergus)))
05-07-2014, 02:52 PM
The boots are one thing that have put a slight damper on this world cup -- them and the dodgy mohicans. The manufacturers are trying to outdo each other to make the most visible boots. Now they have nowhere left to go now, colour-wise, one of them will eventually go back to black -- just to stand out.

(((Fergus)))
05-07-2014, 02:56 PM
I only ever wear copa mundials or puma king, nothing else can match them in my opinion, as for coloured boots I've said this on a few occasions, you should only get to wear them when you have achieved something in the game, I can handle Zidane wearing gold boots but when you get clogger centre halves wearing pink or bright yellow boots it really winds me up for some reason

I take my nephew to football practice on Saturday mornings and there isn't a black boot in sight

Haha I always bought my son Copa Mundials at his club ("aye, son, kangaroo leather -- helps you jump higher") and the ostracism from his peer group has scarred him for life.