PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the new home kit - one day on

Diclonius
04-07-2014, 06:48 PM
What do you think about it now?

Shields Hibee
04-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Looks much nicer when you see it properly in person so have bought one. This time last night my mind was saying maybe, maybe. Got the green training top as well.

Gatecrasher
04-07-2014, 06:59 PM
I ordered it.

Bleeds green
04-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Nice top very nice infact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottM1875
04-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Lot nicer than I previously thought. The pictures did it no justice... Think it's quite smart, bar the Marathon Bet Logo.

Saturday Boy
04-07-2014, 07:04 PM
It is a fact universally acknowledged; this top is smart.

Reader, I bought this top.

To confuse the Eng.Lit fans.

Pretty Boy
04-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Still not a huge fan but it does look better than my initial reaction.

I really want to like it because the idea of honouring the 5 is sound, I just think they chose the wrong top, should have been a 50s style with a collar.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Only seen pictures, not to keen on the ad logo but at 46 I feel to old to wear it anyway so not really bothered.

lord bunberry
04-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Only seen pictures, not to keen on the ad logo but at 46 I feel to old to wear it anyway so not really bothered.

Nonsense, you don't look a day over 45

Paisley Hibby
04-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Still not a huge fan but it does look better than my initial reaction.

I really want to like it because the idea of honouring the 5 is sound, I just think they chose the wrong top, should have been a 50s style with a collar.

Aggh!!! Why are some people still falling for this pish that the strip has been designed to honour the famous five? It's just a story that the hibs marketing department has come up with to try to hide the real truth which is that cost cutting and our choice of sponsor have landed us with this dog of a strip.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Aggh!!! Why are some people still falling for this pish that the strip has been designed to honour the famous five? It's just a story that the hibs marketing department has come up with to try to hide the real truth which is that cost cutting and our choice of sponsor have landed us with this dog of a strip.

People who have now actually seen it in the shop are liking it.

winnipeg jets
04-07-2014, 10:12 PM
:thumbsup:bought it and the training top this morning so I guess that means I like it:agree::flag:

Eyrie
04-07-2014, 10:29 PM
It may look better in the shop than in photos, but it still doesn't look like a Hibs top because of the sleeves.

Like everyone else on here I grew up with the white sleeves, which to me is part of our identity. Take them away and we're just another club with a generic top.

Johibs
04-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Would like to have seen the training top as the home top... However the initial picture did it NO justice whatsoever and it's not as bad as first feared.

I'll have bought one come pay day!

SkintHibby
04-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Dont care how nice it looks.

If it's not got white sleeves it's not Hibernian.

Hate retro nonsense. Gutted.:fuming:

greenlex
04-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Still Pish.

portyhibernian
04-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Looks ok on the mannequins in the shop with the full kit on but I'm still not a fan and won't be buying. The training tops look smart though.

Turkish Green
04-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Correct.

It was designed months ago to go with the marketing of the TBGAWA branding but with TB being sacked the launch of the new strip was delayed until the marketing dept. could come up with a new sales ploy. Representing the decade of the birth of the F5 was poor at best.

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 11:41 PM
FWIW, I like the new top and appreciate the sentiment behind it. Hey ho.

monktonharp
04-07-2014, 11:46 PM
it may have gone down a bit better, if it had the old "granddad" buttons at the neck(3) I think. cant see it as somehow relating to the famous 5. where they got that idea, is nobody's business. all on here recognise the 5's top as being emerald green with white sleeves. maybe without the collar, they might have got away with it, but it has no relevance to the famous five era. a look back at the retro stuff, shows the original strips, with dark green and a gold harp as the crest. I'd buy that

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 11:51 PM
it may have gone down a bit better, if it had the old "granddad" buttons at the neck(3) I think. cant see it as somehow relating to the famous 5. where they got that idea, is nobody's business. all on here recognise the 5's top as being emerald green with white sleeves. maybe without the collar, they might have got away with it, but it has no relevance to the famous five era. a look back at the retro stuff, shows the original strips, with dark green and a gold harp as the crest. I'd buy that

Fair do's, W, dinnae buy it then :greengrin Canny please all of the people all of the time :tee hee:

Sean1875
04-07-2014, 11:54 PM
ordered the training top instead.

Turkish Green
04-07-2014, 11:55 PM
My opinion it is the Celtic Nike away top from 2007-08 with a different logo. No thought has gone into it apart how to con the supporters into buying it. I will not be buying it. I link white sleeves.

Billy McKirdy
05-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Having seen it today I like what I see, I understand the reaction of many of you regards the lack of white sleeves but it's probably a one off kit for this season only so I don't see the harm in this change in style.
Out of interest, are all Championship sides wearing the names of the players on the back of the shirts this season, I ask because normaly is only been the top division wearing names up to now.

cocopops1875
05-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Correct.

It was designed months ago to go with the marketing of the TBGAWA branding but with TB being sacked the launch of the new strip was delayed until the marketing dept. could come up with a new sales ploy. Representing the decade of the birth of the F5 was poor at best.
Absolute bawz

Moon unit
05-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Looks ok ...but next season no Marketing hype ...SLEEVES please!!!!!!!

--------
05-07-2014, 01:19 PM

So - are you Jane, or Charlotte?

BTW - call ME Ishmael.

Bristolhibby
05-07-2014, 01:23 PM
It may look better in the shop than in photos, but it still doesn't look like a Hibs top because of the sleeves.

Like everyone else on here I grew up with the white sleeves, which to me is part of our identity. Take them away and we're just another club with a generic top.

Except we are Hibs.

Bristolhibby
05-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Having seen it today I like what I see, I understand the reaction of many of you regards the lack of white sleeves but it's probably a one off kit for this season only so I don't see the harm in this change in style.
Out of interest, are all Championship sides wearing the names of the players on the back of the shirts this season, I ask because normaly is only been the top division wearing names up to now.

Did the Arsenal message board go into melt down when they went to the dark red home shirt in 2005?

http://www.stylevitae.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Arsenal-2005-2006.jpg

Just askin?

J

--------
05-07-2014, 01:27 PM
It's a stealth top.

In that shade of green in the dark winter evenings they'll never see us.

Just fa-a-a-ade away into the background.

Stealth! The maestro's cunning plan. :aok:

eastterrace
05-07-2014, 01:37 PM
went into shop this morning had a look at it and its a bit better than first seen , prefer the long sleeve version, but somehow its just not hibs, still have it for a season then back with white sleeves and collar and then take the championship by storm.

kdhibees1
05-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Worst top in years. Training top will do me nicely!!

--------
05-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Worst top in years. Training top will do me nicely!!

Cheapskate.

Groathillgrump
05-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Can't agree that the top is smart because it's absolutely honking.
However, your clever post made me smile. :aok:

(((Fergus)))
05-07-2014, 02:58 PM

The campaign is tenuous at best, the sponsor logo is an eyesore, but other than that this is a very smart looking kit

BoltonHibee1875
05-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Just seen the highlights of the game and think it looks quite smart myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
05-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Cheapskate.
In fairness I bought 4 training tops (2 for me and 2 for the wife) so I didn't feel like I was short changing Hibs. The home top is honking to my eyes....

Carheenlea
05-07-2014, 07:44 PM
It has certainly grown on me now that I`m over the initial shock.

I must say, I think the black socks would look terrific with that shirt with white sleeves. Maybe next season.

HappyAsHellas
05-07-2014, 07:57 PM
At the game today it looked fine - you don't really take the sponsors bit into account, it's the football you're watching after all. Standing in front of a mirror wearing one might be a different story, but it's nowhere near as bad as some people are making out. One guy was wearing the all green top with the Whyte and Mackay logo, and it's pretty much the same colour as that.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-07-2014, 08:21 PM
was in shop today.
New strip is actually better quality than the training tops.
Those training tops are terribly cheap quality.

Saturday Boy
05-07-2014, 09:52 PM
So - are you Jane, or Charlotte?

BTW - call ME Ishmael.

I'm more like the mad brother Branwell. I spent a pleasant afternoon drinking Timothy Taylor Landlord as a tribute to the Brontes and the Tour de France passing through both Haworth and Keighley tomorrow.

Glad someone spotted the reference, got to maintain the high standards on .net.

BoltonHibee
05-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Absolutely minging

over the line
05-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Looks good, very understated and something a bit different, I like it. The sponsor would look better if it wasn't red and white but prob get used to it. Mine came in the post today but I missed the postie, so I will see what its like in the flesh on Monday, when I pick it up from Post Office.

silverhibee
05-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Not a fan of it after seeing it today.

Paisley Hibby
06-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Just seen a photo of the uniform that the Scottish team will wear at the commonwealth games opening ceremony. At least our new top isn't that bad :greengrin

#2 Double Tap
07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
its not so bad - its just a strip -if we win the league in it everyone will want it :P

NAE NOOKIE
07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Can live for a season without White sleeves ... as has been said Arsenal did it. But having seen it in the flesh at V of L on Saturday I can honestly say I still fkng hate it. The Black socks are depressing and drab and the pasted on boxed in advert wouldn't look out of place in the pub league. The Vale played in dark blue and I can see the lack of white sleeves causing a colour clash with Falkirk, Raith Rovers and the Yams.

As I said on another thread I have £60 worth of vouchers for the shop so in spite of my advancing years and interesting shape I was thinking of buying a top .............. lets hope the away top is better. The good news is it cant be black, if it is we will need a 3rd strip.

The sooner Nike bin us or we bin them the better ..... I have wandered round the shop a few times lately and IMO the stuff is rank.

Jamesie
07-07-2014, 12:08 PM
People who have now actually seen it in the shop are liking it.

I've seen it in the shop too and the only added observation I had afterwards was how similar the embroidered "their memory marches on" looked to a cheap neck / shoulder tattoo.

SmashinGlass
07-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Can live for a season without White sleeves ... as has been said Arsenal did it. But having seen it in the flesh at V of L on Saturday I can honestly say I still fkng hate it. The Black socks are depressing and drab and the pasted on boxed in advert wouldn't look out of place in the pub league. The Vale played in dark blue and I can see the lack of white sleeves causing a colour clash with Falkirk, Raith Rovers and the Yams.

As I said on another thread I have £60 worth of vouchers for the shop so in spite of my advancing years and interesting shape I was thinking of buying a top .............. lets hope the away top is better. The good news is it cant be black, if it is we will need a 3rd strip.

The sooner Nike bin us or we bin them the better ..... I have wandered round the shop a few times lately and IMO the stuff is rank.

We'll have an away strip as well mind :wink:

IanM
07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
was in shop today.
New strip is actually better quality than the training tops.
Those training tops are terribly cheap quality.

I just went online to buy an XL trainign top, the green one, and Small, large and XL are sold out..

Plenty left in the black.. maybe pop into the shop and have a look

Keith_M
07-07-2014, 12:44 PM
It's now 4 days on and I still don't like it.

Also, the reasoning given for choosing the colours is no more logical than it was then.

However, it really is small beer in the things that worry me as regards Hibs at the moment. If we get a decent team to wear the strip and they start winning regularly, that's enough for me.

over the line
08-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Finally got my new home shirt today, after a couple of days of it being lost in the royal mail system!
Errrrm, not sure about it now I've seen it in the flesh. Bit too plain I think. Would be better with white sleeves I think. Not saying its terrible, just nothing special.
I hope they don't try and compensate by bringing out a crazy away kit though!

--------
08-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Finally got my new home shirt today, after a couple of days of it being lost in the royal mail system!
Errrrm, not sure about it now I've seen it in the flesh. Bit too plain I think. Would be better with white sleeves I think. Not saying its terrible, just nothing special.
I hope they don't try and compensate by bringing out a crazy away kit though!

'Course it would. Hibs shirts have white sleeves. That's what Hibs shirts have.

This has been so since 1937.

They can mess around with the away strip and the training tops as much as they like, but at Easter Road Hibs play in white sleeves.

Hibs' main colours are green and white.

It's like that guy making Cardiff (the "Bluebirds") play in red shirts.

over the line
08-07-2014, 12:28 PM

They can mess around with the away strip and the training tops as much as they like, but at Easter Road Hibs play in white sleeves.

Well at least it is green I suppose. Imagine if some loon from the far east buys the club and his favorite colour is maroon! I apologise to everyone for even imagining it! Don't have nightmares! :eek:

Lewis77
08-07-2014, 12:38 PM
The colouring of the logo bothers me. As for the actual kit, well it could be worse. Look what nike has done with the new home Man Utd kit, that is God awful. Also we're Hibs, for me we need the white with the green.

Jonnyboy
08-07-2014, 10:04 PM

I agree Doddie :agree:

Worth noting though, that Hibs played from 1875 until 1937 without white sleeves :wink: :greengrin

3pm
08-07-2014, 10:21 PM

Worth noting though, that Hibs played from 1875 until 1937 without white sleeves :wink: :greengrin

I never knew that.

While the intention was good, it's a massive decision to make such a prominent change.

NAE NOOKIE
08-07-2014, 11:31 PM

True, but even a white collar would have brightened it up a bit. I have nothing against dark green it can look really classy, but the shade they have chosen would look better on an army tent. As if that wasn't bad enough the black socks are really killing it ....could they have made the strip more drab. Even on a beautiful sunny day in the Borders it looked dull ...... imagine in the pissing rain on a freezing February Wednesday night.

The_Exile
09-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Can you imagine if they had the internet back in 1938?

"WTF?!!! WHITE SLEEVES?!!! IT'S NO A HIBS TAP UNLESS ITS AW GREEN......OR HOOPS!!!"

--------
09-07-2014, 09:21 AM

Indeed they did, John.

And an all-green strip with a harp on the chest would encounter no objection from me - as the away strip, or as a one-off anniversary strip - or even as a celebration if and when we ever win that S******* C**. Which now desn't look like being in MY lifetime.

But if a trip down memory lane was the idea, why not the first strip - the hoops? We're not likely to be playing Celtic this season, and it would spice up the Cup game against the Huns. Sell a few tickets .... :wink:

But given that the white sleeves were the idea of Willie McCartney, and introduced after Arsenal had come to ER (I think) to play in a match celebrating the coronation of King George VI in 1937, just as Mr McCartney was beginning to assemble the FF team that THIS shirt's supposed to be commemorating, John, this wasn't the brightest idea to come from a board not noted for its bright ideas.

Half an hour telephoning the representatives of the supporters' groups before firming up the deal would have been well-spent. Even two posts floating the idea here and on the Bounce.

I'm assuming this was done before LD took post?

Those all-green strips (with black stockings, right?) won't be easy to see under the lights come wintertime, so if the idea is to have a stealth strip that the opposition can't spot, why not go the whole hog and just dress the guys in dark green army camo?

Alan Stubbs's Ninja Army?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfnwMw2AXPJo-WZ3brS2s_GEd2iXYHT2VkykWi9zFbZz9NqVSnjw

Photo of the Brazilian team in THEIR new camo gear at their training camp somewhere in the upper reaches of the Amazon - sources reckon they'll be wearing it for the next 45 years at least.

--------
09-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Can you imagine if they had the internet back in 1938?

"WTF?!!! WHITE SLEEVES?!!! IT'S NO A HIBS TAP UNLESS ITS AW GREEN......OR HOOPS!!!"

You takin the mickey? :greengrin

It's a little-known fact that Hibs' new white sleeves were a major contributory factor in the outbreak of WW2.

When Hitler heard we'd changed the colours of our shirts he sent an untimatum to Neville Chamberlain demanding that Chamberlain get Will McCartney to change them back. Chamberlain tried to calm Hitler down by giving him Czechoslovakia, but Adolf just threw a radgie and told him to sort Mr McCartney out or else.

Chamberlain spoke to Willie but Willie was adamant - he liked the white sleeves, the players liked the white sleeves, the fans liked the white sleeves, everybody liked the white sleeves except Hitler.

Hitler warned Chamberlain that if Hibs didn't change their strips back to the all-green by the start of the 1939 season, he's kick off the Second World War.

Mr McCartney was a very determined man - in August 1939 he sent a telegram to Hitler telling him to butt out and mind his own business, or he, Willie McCartney, would sort him, Adolf Hitler, out.

Hitler went radge and started biting the carpet, then declared war on Poland (he thought "Easter Road" meant "the road East", see? - he was never very good at Geography.)

The rest is history.

Not a lot of people knew that until now.

Kato
09-07-2014, 09:43 AM
But given that the white sleeves were the idea of Willie McCartney, and introduced after Arsenal had come to ER (I think).

Just as aside - its now thought that both Arsenal and Hibs copied the Austrian National team independently of each other after they toured the UK.

I quite like the new top, then again I'm not the sort who wears a replica as a fashion item.

Brings back nice memories of the Sporting Lisbon game and a good victory over the Tax-Dodgers, when they wore their Ajax rip-off.

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Just as aside - its now thought that both Arsenal and Hibs copied the Austrian National team independantly of each other after they toured the UK.

I quite like the new top, then again I'm not the sort who wears a replica as a fashion item.

Brings back nice memories of the Sporting Lisbon game and a good victory of the Tax-Dodgers, when they wore their Ajax rip-off.

:flag:
Post of the close-season!

Kato
09-07-2014, 09:50 AM
:flag:
Post of the close-season!

Errm, cheers ;.) I've even sorted the typos.

I like most Hibs strips, even the barb-wire like bri-nylon original purple Bukta attempt.

Some abominations in the 80's though.

Kato
09-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Hitler went radge

I was swallowing that until this point, Hitler was always radge.

Keith_M
09-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I keep checking every so often, to see if it's grown on me. Here's my latest feedback.

It's still Pine Green (http://www.clublinefootball.com/nike_park_v_football_jerseys_ls__pine_green_white-nike-448212_302-45077) with no white sleeves.

It still has a very large logo in a clashing colour.

The Famous Five story* still doesn't make sense.

* Translation: Made up marketing bullsh*t.

Kato
09-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I keep checking every so often, to see if it's grown on me. Here's my latest feedback.

It's still Pine Green (http://www.clublinefootball.com/nike_park_v_football_jerseys_ls__pine_green_white-nike-448212_302-45077) with no white sleeves.

It still has a very large logo in a clashing colour.

The Famous Five story* still doesn't make sense.

* Translation: Made up marketing bullsh*t.

Fusspot.

Its a Hibernian strip, embrace it.

Hibbyradge
09-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Hitler went radge a

You'll both be hearing from my lawyers.

Kato
09-07-2014, 10:23 AM
You'll both be hearing from my lawyers.

Are any of them lookers?

--------
09-07-2014, 10:35 AM

Of course he was. But he was also Austrian, and he fancied himself as an architect.

He'd just designed a new stadium for Wacker Innsbruck (as well as being a world-famous radge, he was also an Olympic class Wacker) and along with the stadium he'd also designed a new strip for Innsbruck to play in - you guessed, green shirts with white sleeves, white shorts and green stockings.

When he heard that Willie McCartney had got in ahead of him - THAT's when he went super-ballistic RADGE and started phoning Chamberlain.

Auld Neville wasn't any happier about the new strips than Adolf was - Neville was a Gooner and he didn't like the idea of Hibs imitating his team's colours - so he phoned Willie and told him to change back to all-green becaue Adolf was phoning him every half hour to scream abuse at him, and he (Neville) had had to give him (Adolf) Czechoslovakia just to get him to stop screaming.

THAT's when Willie McC told Chamberlain to take a hike. Told Neville that he had five lads Gordon, Bobby, Laurie, Eddie and Willie in the office right there and then, dying to sign up for Hibs. The clincher on the deal was - guess what? THE WHITE SLEEVES. They didn't want to play in shirts with green sleeves - they wanted to play in shirts with white sleeves, and they wouldn't sign up if Hibs changed back to the old colours.

Tell me - what would YOU have done if you had been in Willie McCartney's position?

Gonnae no shoot the messenger? It's not my fault that Hitler had no respect for our Mr Radge's feelings (or his world copyright on the use of the term 'radge').

All I'm doing is sharing a fascinating sidelight on the history of our great club.

Does nobody teach proper history these days? :rolleyes:

PS: This is the only known occasion when Hitler opted for shirts with sleeves of a different colour to the main body of the shirt.

Brown shirts with brown sleeves, black shirts with black sleeves, but curiously, green shirts with white sleeves. Dunno why. :dunno:

PPS: The point of all this is that the LAST time we changed the colour of the sleeves on our strips, WW2 broke out. Everybody OK with a looming thermonuclear holocaust?

Kato
09-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Of course he was. But he was also Austrian, and he fancied himself as an architect.

He'd just designed a new stadium for Wacker Innsbruck (as well as being a world-famous radge, he was also an Olympic class Wacker) and along with the stadium he'd also designed a new strip for Innsbruck to play in - you guessed, green shirts with white sleeves, white shorts and green stockings.

When he heard that Willie McCartney had got in ahead of him - THAT's when he went super-ballistic RADGE and started phoning Chamberlain.

Auld Neville wasn't any happier about the new strips than Adolf was - Neville was a Gooner and he didn't like the idea of Hibs imitating his team's colours - so he phoned Willie and told him to change back to all-green becaue Adolf was phoning him every half hour to scream abuse at him, and he (Neville) had had to give him (Adolf) Czechoslovakia just to get him to stop screaming.

THAT's when Willie McC told Chamberlain to take a hike. Told Neville that he had five lads Gordon, Bobby, Laurie, Eddie and Willie in the office right there and then, dying to sign up for Hibs. The clincher on the deal was - guess what? THE WHITE SLEEVES. They didn't want to play in shirts with green sleeves - they wanted to play in shirts with white sleeves, and they wouldn't sign up if Hibs changed back to the old colours.

Tell me - what would YOU have done if you had been in Willie McCartney's position?

Gonnae no shoot the messenger? It's not my fault that Hitler had no respect for our Mr Radge's feelings (or his world copyright on the use of the term 'radge').

All I'm doing is sharing a fscinating sidelight on the history of our great club.

Does nobody teach proper history these days? :rolleyes:

PS: This is the only known occasion when Hitler opted for shirts with sleeves of a different colour to the main body of the shirt.

Brown shirts with brown sleeves, black shirts with black sleeves, but curiously, green shirts with white sleeves. Dunno why. :dunno:

PPS: The point of all this is that the LAST time we changed the colour of the sleeves on our strips, WW2 broke out. Everybody OK with a looming thermonuclear holocaust?

OK when you put it tha way, I'm sold.

Hibbyradge
09-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Are any of them lookers?

I guess it depends.

Are you gay or straight?

Kato
09-07-2014, 11:29 AM
I guess it depends.

Are you gay or straight?

Yes.

LaMotta
09-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Errm, cheers ;.) I've even sorted the typos.

I like most Hibs strips, even the barb-wire like bri-nylon original purple Bukta attempt.

Some abominations in the 80's though.

The 1980's was a halcyon era for Hibs strips! Cant think of a bad one and that includes away tops. The 1990s saw some shockers though

Iggy Pope
09-07-2014, 04:20 PM
The 1980's was a halcyon era for Hibs strips! Cant think of a bad one and that includes away tops. The 1990s saw some shockers though

:agree:
Kato's earlier post was definitely 70s though as was the Bukta tit scraper.
The 1970s were indeed, the bomb for Hibs kits. The clue being not broken, don't fix.

LaMotta
09-07-2014, 06:32 PM
:agree:
Kato's earlier post was definitely 70s though as was the Bukta tit scraper.
The 1970s were indeed, the bomb for Hibs kits. The clue being not broken, don't fix.
Couldnt agree more!

LaMotta
09-07-2014, 06:40 PM
There has been some attempted ridicule at people for getting a bit excited over their displeasure for the horrific new strip...grown men apparently shouldnt be getting their knickers in a twist over something so silly.

Of course grown men cheering on 11other grown men attempting to kick a ball into a net isnt in the slightest bit silly!

Jonnyboy
09-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Indeed they did, John.

And an all-green strip with a harp on the chest would encounter no objection from me - as the away strip, or as a one-off anniversary strip - or even as a celebration if and when we ever win that S******* C**. Which now desn't look like being in MY lifetime.

But if a trip down memory lane was the idea, why not the first strip - the hoops? We're not likely to be playing Celtic this season, and it would spice up the Cup game against the Huns. Sell a few tickets .... :wink:

But given that the white sleeves were the idea of Willie McCartney, and introduced after Arsenal had come to ER (I think) to play in a match celebrating the coronation of King George VI in 1937, just as Mr McCartney was beginning to assemble the FF team that THIS shirt's supposed to be commemorating, John, this wasn't the brightest idea to come from a board not noted for its bright ideas.

Half an hour telephoning the representatives of the supporters' groups before firming up the deal would have been well-spent. Even two posts floating the idea here and on the Bounce.

I'm assuming this was done before LD took post?

Those all-green strips (with black stockings, right?) won't be easy to see under the lights come wintertime, so if the idea is to have a stealth strip that the opposition can't spot, why not go the whole hog and just dress the guys in dark green army camo?

Alan Stubbs's Ninja Army?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfnwMw2AXPJo-WZ3brS2s_GEd2iXYHT2VkykWi9zFbZz9NqVSnjw

Photo of the Brazilian team in THEIR new camo gear at their training camp somewhere in the upper reaches of the Amazon - sources reckon they'll be wearing it for the next 45 years at least.

:agree: I understand the idea began to formulate after the sad passing of Lawrie Reilly so not on LD's watch :agree:

Speedway
15-07-2014, 08:39 AM
:agree: I understand the idea began to formulate after the sad passing of Lawrie Reilly so not on LD's watch :agree:

Never complain about a kit launch ever again. It could be worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A1EOxZn9AU

over the line
24-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Just seen the Portland Timbers 2014 home kit, well nicer than ours (I'm afraid to say). I can't put a picture of it on here, cos I'm a technobiff, but have a look, well nice. If you can put a photo on here, please do.