PDA

View Full Version : Let the jousting commence ...

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2014, 03:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28165343?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28165343?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Is the ex-sparryheided the one who was at East Fife on loan and inadvisedly gave us the big L on his forehead?
Also (IIRC) (Allegedly) with a conviction for possession of seriously recreational drugs?

Eyrie
04-07-2014, 07:28 PM
OK, I'll joust ...

Oh my gods! Livingston have signed SIX players that I've never heard of - three of whom will turn out to be complete diddies, two of whom will be crap and the other one barely half decent!! I'm outraged that we didn't try to sign them simply because we had no interest in them!!! It's not good enough!!!!! Petrie!!!!!! :grr:

Oh wait .... erm ... Dempster!!!!!!!! :grr:

I find it mildly frustrating to see other team signing players, but that is a reflection of the fact that they are two or three weeks ahead of us due to the time lost in deciding to bin Butcher. I'll make a knee-jerk judgement on our summer moves once the first competitive game arrives and then revise it once we've had a chance to see how the team is actually playing.

Bronson
04-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Brad Donaldson is a good signing for them, heard good things about him and I have to say I was surprised he never got a shot in the first team. Boy I know who plays for hibs youth rated him more than Forster when he broke through.

GoldenEagle
04-07-2014, 08:14 PM
McKenna from Musselburgh, interesting!
Good player btw but short fuse to say the least

Sylar
04-07-2014, 08:42 PM

I don't see why anyone would be bothered in all honesty.

I doubt Hibs were looking at any of those players and Livingston were in a similar position to Hibs in that they lost a lot of players once the season finished and hadn't replaced them.

Livingston are probably going to be amongst the 3 or 4 clubs who will be fighting to stay in the league this year hence, doing the right thing in strengthening!

Nevi_SOL
04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
McKenna from Musselburgh, interesting!
Good player btw but short fuse to say the least

Played against mikey a few times and agree with all you've said

Sir David Gray
04-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Is the ex-sparryheided the one who was at East Fife on loan and inadvisedly gave us the big L on his forehead?
Also (IIRC) (Allegedly) with a conviction for possession of seriously recreational drugs?

You're thinking of the correct person but he wasn't convicted of the drugs offence, the charges were dropped.

Sir David Gray
04-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I don't see why anyone would be bothered in all honesty.

I doubt Hibs were looking at any of those players and Livingston were in a similar position to Hibs in that they lost a lot of players once the season finished and hadn't replaced them.

Livingston are probably going to be amongst the 3 or 4 clubs who will be fighting to stay in the league this year hence, doing the right thing in strengthening!

:agree: This place would have crashed if we had announced we had signed most of these players.

Thecat23
04-07-2014, 08:55 PM
OK, I'll joust ...

Oh my gods! Livingston have signed SIX players that I've never heard of - three of whom will turn out to be complete diddies, two of whom will be crap and the other one barely half decent!! I'm outraged that we didn't try to sign them simply because we had no interest in them!!! It's not good enough!!!!! Petrie!!!!!! :grr:

Oh wait .... erm ... Dempster!!!!!!!! :grr:

I find it mildly frustrating to see other team signing players, but that is a reflection of the fact that they are two or three weeks ahead of us due to the time lost in deciding to bin Butcher. I'll make a knee-jerk judgement on our summer moves once the first competitive game arrives and then revise it once we've had a chance to see how the team is actually playing.

Take it you don't know much about Bradley no?? Because if you did you wouldn't say that.

Guy was streets ahead of Forster when he was sadly injured and it came when McPake went out as well. So Forster was then brought to the first team. Granted I think the lad has played well but Donaldson was for me a better player and most of the guys who played with him will say the same.

Hibs bombed him then had the cheek to ask him back. He's Hibs daft but was so sickened by how they treated him he said thanks but no thanks and went to Livi. Wish the lad all the best!

Ross89
04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Take it you don't know much about Bradley no?? Because if you did you wouldn't say that.

Guy was streets ahead of Forster when he was sadly injured and it came when McPake went out as well. So Forster was then brought to the first team. Granted I think the lad has played well but Donaldson was for me a better player and most of the guys who played with him will say the same.

Hibs bombed him then had the cheek to ask him back. He's Hibs daft but was so sickened by how they treated him he said thanks but no thanks and went to Livi. Wish the lad all the best!

The bit in bold - I disagree my feline friend. I think Foster has been dodgy. Looks poor positionally, isn't that quick and gets frequently beaten in the air defensively.

Opinions eh ?!

Thecat23
04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
The bit in bold - I disagree my feline friend. I think Foster has been dodgy. Looks poor positionally, isn't that quick and gets frequently beaten in the air defensively.

Opinions eh ?!

I agree I was meaning more when he first came in Ross. I thought he was doing well. But he did tail off big time and cost us a few goals. Should have made that more clearer in my post to be fair.

Ross89
04-07-2014, 09:06 PM
I agree I was meaning more when he first came in Ross. I thought he was doing well. But he did tail off big time and cost us a few goals. Should have made that more clearer in my post to be fair.

Roger that buddy :aok:

Eyrie
04-07-2014, 10:20 PM

I did say that I don't know anything about any of those players :wink:

Thecat23
04-07-2014, 10:20 PM
😄 fair point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
04-07-2014, 10:25 PM
 fair point.

It's probably impossible to underestimate my ignorance.

Does sound like Donaldson was poorly treated, so good luck to him with his new club.

Thecat23
04-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Lol, he really is a good lad with his head screwed on. Loves hibs and was genuinely gutted how it ended. Really hope he does well just not against us 😁

Billychaotic182
04-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Rob Ogleby was good at east fife

Baader
04-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Donaldson excepted, who are these people?

Bronson
04-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Rob Ogleby was good at east fife

Am I right in thinking this is the boy who was at hearts and was caught with Garry O'Connor and Ian Black with coke a couple years ago?

Leitherhibs
04-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Am I right in thinking this is the boy who was at hearts and was caught with Garry O'Connor and Ian Black with coke a couple years ago?

Aye, thats him.