PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say it we almost need to be more Jamboesque right now

persevere1875
04-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Right tin hat on, Im sure i will no doubt take pelters from some quarters for this post but so be it, before anyone starts , Im as far removed from being a Jambo and as died in the wool a Hibby as they come, dont particulary care if people believe that or not, it matters not a jot to me, however, the levels of despondency, criticism and general apathy to anything Hibs at the moment has reached catoclismic proportions, Im not happy with the way things are at Hibs at the moment, Ive not been happy with the levels we've achieved for a number of seasons, however the bottom line is Hibs didnt choose me, I chose Hibs and for that reason and that reason alone I WILL continue to show my support for the club and the team for as long as they see fit to keep appearing every weekend in the famous green and white.

The one thing that seems apparent to me is the difference in attitude between us and them, We are a club who true have fallen way below the levels of achievement which should be rightfully expected of us, we now find our team out of the top league, with a threadbare squad, yet another management disaster and apparently with a new strip that the vast majority seem to despise, however, lets for one second take a look across the city at our bitterest rivals, there's a club who find themselves playing in the same lower league as us, they spent the last season rooted to the bottom of the league with very little hope, apart from the early season glimmers, of ever achieving safety, their financial security is a damn site worse than ours and they've been lambasted by all and sundry especially us in their attempts to break free from the man they hailed as king, we on here have mocked their cake bakes and face painting attempts to save themselves but and here's the big BUT, They as fans have stood up and been counted, they've pinned their colours high and followed them everywhere all season even when they new they were going to be turned over by all and sundry (except us obviously) and they're still doing it now, selling season tickets in more numbers, glad like we were after the attempted Mercer takeover that they still have a club to follow and hand down to their kids, we on the other hand are moaning like bitter spoilt children.

We dont like the top, fine dont like it but here's an idea, why dont you walk into the clubstore and say hey Leanne ect, I dont like the top, to be fair like many others I think its rank rotten but here's my £45 anyway because I'm a Hibby, why dont we turn up and say I think your season ticket prices are shocking and I think you've missed the boat in trying to get returning Hibby's but your giving me it on a payment plan interest free so because I love my club, here's the money now invest it wisely, why dont we just for once stop moaning and accept that its our club and nothing is going to change unless we as fans stand up and be counted, invest, support and have some pride in the fact that we're Hibby's, why dont we just remember where we were in the darkest of days, count our blessings, stop bitching and get behind this glorious shower of s**t we love so much, sticking your head in your hands changes nothing, HIBEES AND PROUD

jacomo
04-07-2014, 09:52 AM
The thing that upsets me about the top is the whiff of ***** in the marketing. Even if the top was genuinely designed in close collaboration with Nike (and we came up with what looks like a cheap template with an added inscription on the shoulder), someone might have asked if this really was the best time to invoke memories of the Famous Five.

I think we all appreciate we have new people at the helm who might take a while to get this club sorted out, but right now it seems no one at Hibs understands the supporters.

Oh, and the Jambos can GTF.

lucky
04-07-2014, 10:07 AM
They have rallied to save their club, we have been relegated due to poor leadership and a even worse recruitment policy. Unfortunately the Hibs support is taken for granted but it appears that as a support we've had enough. It's time for RP/STF to invest and try and get the support back on board

CRAZYHIBBY
04-07-2014, 10:09 AM
I actually got bored reading that after 3 sentences

Geo_1875
04-07-2014, 10:12 AM
They are a weird bunch right enough. If we didn't exist they would have let their club die long ago, quite happily sitting in the pub on a Saturday waiting for The Rangers score on teletext.

Lewis77
04-07-2014, 12:49 PM
The thing that upsets me about the top is the whiff of ***** in the marketing. Even if the top was genuinely designed in close collaboration with Nike (and we came up with what looks like a cheap template with an added inscription on the shoulder), someone might have asked if this really was the best time to invoke memories of the Famous Five.

I think we all appreciate we have new people at the helm who might take a while to get this club sorted out, but right now it seems no one at Hibs understands the supporters.

Oh, and the Jambos can GTF.

I don't think nike are particularly good at kit design. If that stems from the designers being US based and not really understanding the cultural tastes of the average european football fan, I don't know? Perhaps the designers are simply from a none football social background? Nevertheless, kit design does not appear to be their forte. Good example of this is the new Man Utd kit which is the worst they've ever had. I don't think ours it quite that bad and I appreciate how they've attempted something fresh but for me it just hasn't got there in terms of look. The sponsors logo looks gash n'aw.

As for those lot, GTF!

ackeygraham
04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
The top is absolutely rank rotten, no time has been taken to design that crap. Sooner Nike GTF the better - designed three strips and all been poor to say the least.

Hearts - i heard rolf harris was a fan - sum's them up!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2014, 01:16 PM
The situation that mob found themselves in last season isn't comparable to the situation we find ourselves in just now, its comparable to Mercer's takeover bid and we did our job back then.

Lago
04-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Well the OP got what I expected, a 100% negative response.

Weststandwanab
04-07-2014, 01:34 PM
I quite enjoyed it as a read.

Onion
04-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Right tin hat on, Im sure i will no doubt take pelters from some quarters for this post but so be it, before anyone starts , Im as far removed from being a Jambo and as died in the wool a Hibby as they come, dont particulary care if people believe that or not, it matters not a jot to me, however, the levels of despondency, criticism and general apathy to anything Hibs at the moment has reached catoclismic proportions, Im not happy with the way things are at Hibs at the moment, Ive not been happy with the levels we've achieved for a number of seasons, however the bottom line is Hibs didnt choose me, I chose Hibs and for that reason and that reason alone I WILL continue to show my support for the club and the team for as long as they see fit to keep appearing every weekend in the famous green and white.

The one thing that seems apparent to me is the difference in attitude between us and them, We are a club who true have fallen way below the levels of achievement which should be rightfully expected of us, we now find our team out of the top league, with a threadbare squad, yet another management disaster and apparently with a new strip that the vast majority seem to despise, however, lets for one second take a look across the city at our bitterest rivals, there's a club who find themselves playing in the same lower league as us, they spent the last season rooted to the bottom of the league with very little hope, apart from the early season glimmers, of ever achieving safety, their financial security is a damn site worse than ours and they've been lambasted by all and sundry especially us in their attempts to break free from the man they hailed as king, we on here have mocked their cake bakes and face painting attempts to save themselves but and here's the big BUT, They as fans have stood up and been counted, they've pinned their colours high and followed them everywhere all season even when they new they were going to be turned over by all and sundry (except us obviously) and they're still doing it now, selling season tickets in more numbers, glad like we were after the attempted Mercer takeover that they still have a club to follow and hand down to their kids, we on the other hand are moaning like bitter spoilt children.

We dont like the top, fine dont like it but here's an idea, why dont you walk into the clubstore and say hey Leanne ect, I dont like the top, to be fair like many others I think its rank rotten but here's my £45 anyway because I'm a Hibby, why dont we turn up and say I think your season ticket prices are shocking and I think you've missed the boat in trying to get returning Hibby's but your giving me it on a payment plan interest free so because I love my club, here's the money now invest it wisely, why dont we just for once stop moaning and accept that its our club and nothing is going to change unless we as fans stand up and be counted, invest, support and have some pride in the fact that we're Hibby's, why dont we just remember where we were in the darkest of days, count our blessings, stop bitching and get behind this glorious shower of s**t we love so much, sticking your head in your hands changes nothing, HIBEES AND PROUD

Accept a lot of what you've said but you've missed one fundamental difference between us and them. Hearts fans have all enjoyed unprecedented SUCCESS over the last 10 year and a record of success over their local rivals that matches anything in British football. Over the same period, Hibs fans have suffered countless kicks in the balls and turgid football from players who could not give a stuff for the club. Yes, we might be in the same league, but our path to get here has EASILY been the most painful. Frankly, it is a bloody wonder that Hibs have got ANY fans left. The club just do not recognise that in any way shape or form !

erin go bragh
04-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Nah . Dont ever ever want to be anything like they puddle drinking smarmy cretins .

Ggtth

Thecat23
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Hearts fans attitude to their club for me is a lot more positive.

I don't take what's going on at kickback is an indicator but you just need to see how they all dig deep!

But back when it's was Hands Off Hibs we done the same real fans turning up when needed. For me we are at rock bottom and something positive must come out from the club and soon. That way we can then try to move on as one and finally move out this horrible nightmare we find ourselves in.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
They have rallied to save their club, we have been relegated due to poor leadership and a even worse recruitment policy. Unfortunately the Hibs support is taken for granted but it appears that as a support we've had enough. It's time for RP/STF to invest and try and get the support back on board

Yip, that's where i am today. That or sell/give/relinquish his ownership to someone that actually wants to own the club.

GreenPJ
04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
The situation that mob found themselves in last season isn't comparable to the situation we find ourselves in just now, its comparable to Mercer's takeover bid and we did our job back then.

Yes we did but do you not think the club needs support now?

andyf5
04-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Right tin hat on, They as fans have stood up and been counted, they've pinned their colours high and followed them everywhere all season even when they new they were going to be turned over by all and sundry .......and they're still doing it now, selling season tickets in more numbers,

There is a lot to admire - my jambo pals made sure they paid in cash for their season tickets as the club wouldn't get the money if they used direct debit, paid money for shares they never got and pay monthly to keep club going. However the process by which they got to this point is different to ours and the siege mentality makes them act like they do. Look at Rangers and Celtic - Rangers getting huge crowds the last few seasons and everyone pulling together, Celtic Park half empty every match. I'd rather have our Chief Executive and management team than any of these teams.

This season will be good - we are in an exciting league with a manager that I think is a good prospect. The players will come in time although I do think it will be next year we get promoted.

The new chief executive speaks and acts in a way that most of us like. She won't get everything right but that's fine.

Got my ticket for tomorrow so I'll be standing and can be counted.

weonlywon6-2
04-07-2014, 02:47 PM

Sensible post,i like the top,understand why they have not altered season ticket prices and i do believe we stand up when needed and we will.do again.The doom and gloom on here is rubbish at times and i agree so lets get on with helping the club go forward.

Ps-it aint going to be an easy road thats for sure!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Yes we did but do you not think the club needs support now?

Yup, aspiring to be like THEM cos they rallied round when their clubs very existance was in question isn't a fair comparison though.

Forza Fred
05-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Yip, that's where i am today. That or sell/give/relinquish his ownership to someone that actually wants to own the club.

I'm with BH.

Something, anything has to change to rescue us from the continuous spiral into mediocrity and below.

Sure, we've got a new CEO and manager, but we have no players and I don't see any WOW announcements on the horizon that are going to inspire us and give us back our reason to believe.

It's almost as if we are just ticking along as before.....

Pete
05-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Accept a lot of what you've said but you've missed one fundamental difference between us and them. Hearts fans have all enjoyed unprecedented SUCCESS over the last 10 year and a record of success over their local rivals that matches anything in British football. Over the same period, Hibs fans have suffered countless kicks in the balls and turgid football from players who could not give a stuff for the club. Yes, we might be in the same league, but our path to get here has EASILY been the most painful. Frankly, it is a bloody wonder that Hibs have got ANY fans left. The club just do not recognise that in any way shape or form !

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

lEXO
05-07-2014, 12:43 AM

Exactly how I feel. The best post have read in ages. Nice one.

lEXO
05-07-2014, 12:49 AM

If success is not paying bills, paying overpriced wages, ripping off charities, not paying tax and almost going to wall you can ram that.

SouthamptonHibs
05-07-2014, 06:23 AM

10/10 post agree.
Two different situations.
Hibs fans have had the piss taken out of them for years, Hearts fans are just happy to still have a club.
Big difference in feelings of the two fans towards the leadership of there clubs

I'm_cabbaged
05-07-2014, 06:53 AM
I actually got bored reading that after 3 sentences

At a quick look it is only 3 sentences.

John_the_angus_hibby
05-07-2014, 07:09 AM
Huge difference between situations. **** was on verge of possibly going out of business, that is no risk to us. We have just reached the (hopefully!) bottom of a spiral of 5 years or whatever of ever more pish on the park and poor communication/experience management off it. So we are not needing to dig deep in that way. Our problem is management (Petrie et al).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
05-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Good post and how anyone can have a pop at the op is beyond me. For me he is right in everything he says and I've thought exactly the same. I've no doubt that we as fans would come out in numbers and rally to the cause like they did but isn't that the point.......why should it take for us to be in the brink, should hibs come out and say we are toiling and could go into admin to get people to back the club, shouldn't take that IMO.

Spike Mandela
05-07-2014, 07:29 AM
If we go into administration you will get your chance to be more Jamboesque. First thing I suggest is non payment of income tax.:wink:

The Jambo 'fan ownership' experiment is only beginning and their enthusiasm stems from relief at what could have and should have happened to them last year. If they get it right on the park and keep their budgets tight it might work but a few years in the Championship will dent the joyous noises coming from Tynecastle way. If Hearts start to perform poorly I think the arrogant nature of their expectant support becomes a whole lot more bitter quicker than even ours does.

If Stubbs and Dempster can make us proud of our club again I would much rather do it the Hibs way than the cheating Hearts way.

chinaman
05-07-2014, 08:07 AM
There is a lot to admire - my jambo pals made sure they paid in cash for their season tickets as the club wouldn't get the money if they used direct debit, paid money for shares they never got and pay monthly to keep club going. However the process by which they got to this point is different to ours and the siege mentality makes them act like they do. Look at Rangers and Celtic - Rangers getting huge crowds the last few seasons and everyone pulling together, Celtic Park half empty every match. I'd rather have our Chief Executive and management team than any of these teams.

This season will be good - we are in an exciting league with a manager that I think is a good prospect. The players will come in time although I do think it will be next year we get promoted.

The new chief executive speaks and acts in a way that most of us like. She won't get everything right but that's fine.

Got my ticket for tomorrow so I'll be standing and can be counted.
Admire paedos.r.us ? I dont think so . There deluded ***wit support were baking cakes to stay alive not long ago, due to there thieving maniac leader robbing from the lithuanian people.maybe you admiration would be better given to the hibs fans who after the garbage of the last few years are still following hibs like we always will.**** the hearts

Phil D. Rolls
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Admire paedos.r.us ? I dont think so . There deluded ***wit support were baking cakes to stay alive not long ago, due to there thieving maniac leader robbing from the lithuanian people.maybe you admiration would be better given to the hibs fans who after the garbage of the last few years are still following hibs like we always will.**** the hearts

Rirrum!

Pete
05-07-2014, 08:39 AM
There are consequences if you decide to become more "jamboesque".

Look at Rolf Harris.

Nutmegged
05-07-2014, 08:54 AM

BOAK

Makes me sick......BUT unfortunately you're 100% spot on with what you're saying.

the difference is though in my opinion, they're in the predicament they're in due to complete miss management of their football club but in a way that allowed there fans a chance to see two cup winning teams, domination in Edinburgh derbies and to hear the Champions League music at one of their games, even in the last two seasons when they've had to cut back majorly they made the League Cup final last year and should have got to another one this year, their fans uave had far more ups than downs

We on the other hand are in this predicament due to complete miss management of our football club but in a way that has seen us become an inconsequential member of Scottish Football, an after thought and a laughing stock for fans of other clubs.

they're pulling together because they're like kids who have been spoiled rotten by their patents before mummy and daddys card was cut up, while we're more like the kids whose parents Effed off years ago and left us to fend for ourselves

Caversham Green
05-07-2014, 09:12 AM
I have to agree with the op. The two clubs are in very similar positions right now, regardless of how they got there, but the yams are in a much better place than us (metaphorically - they're still in a s***hole physically).

The majority of their fans are willingly paying at least £120 a year over and above ticket prices for no return, we're whingeing about some of our season tickets costing a bit more than some of theirs.

Both clubs have undergone regime changes - theirs was enforced and has no football experience, ours was voluntary and we've appointed a CEO who is highly regarded within the game from arguably the most efficient club in Scotland. Nevertheless, many Hibs fans are clinging to the belief that 'Petrie is still pulling the strings' like some sort of antisecurity blanket despite strong evidence to the contrary and that 'nothing will change until he's gone'. There appears to be moves from several groups to bring about a change of ownership, at which point he will go but that won't happen overnight and until it does we need to make the club as strong as it can be, Petrie or no Petrie.

We're whingeing about a dull strip (I have a feeling it will look fine on the pitch), they've had a dull strip for over a century (and it's a horrible colour).

Someone on another thread said that the club was in deep, deep trouble now, and it is - HoMFC were in much deeper trouble this time last year, but their fans have rallied round and deserve credit for that. Hibs fans need to embrace the new regime to give it a chance to work, otherwise the prophesies of doom will be self-fulfilling.

HappyAsHellas
05-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The yams had to - buy or die. We're nowhere near that thankfully.

Sas_The_Hibby
05-07-2014, 10:42 AM
As we all know well enough :wink:, every club's fanbase has its share of "Happy Clappers" and "Doom 'n' Gloomers".

I do get the impression, however, that Hearts fans in general are largely of the "Happy Clapper" variety, whilst Hibs fans tend to be of the "Doom 'n' Gloomer" variety (big generalisation, I know).

Both sets of fans, therefore, probably see things in an equally unrealistic light but, unfortunately, the "Happy Clapper" vibe at Tynecastle seems to generally achieve more positive results, particularly when they play us and their whole club - management, players and fans - expect to win, through a mixture of experience and arrogance. Our whole club, however, seems to go into the same games expecting to lose, through a mixture of experience and lack of belief in our own abilities.

Yes, many Hearts fans appear to have been ridiculously naive and trusting over the last number of years but it's landed them, ultimately, in a situation no worse, and arguably better, than the one we're now in.

cam2644
05-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Yes both clubs are in Edinburgh and have been relegated at the same time but there the similarity ends. Hearts demise was due to criminal activity. Our decline has been due neglect and this has really angered the fans. That said LD and AS have to be given every chance and deserve more support.