PDA

View Full Version : Our new training top!

California-Hibs
04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
I feel this merits a thread of it's own. This top is STUNNING! Would have been so so SO much better if this was our new home top instead.

I for one will be purchasing one of these without questions, also only half the price compared with the new home top!

:aok:

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/hb-3169-academy-14-training-top-adult#prettyPhoto

geohibby
04-07-2014, 09:46 AM
thats cracking, will defo get 1 of them

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2014, 09:47 AM
:top marks to that

Jones28
04-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I'll be buying that before the new home top

yekimevol
04-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Why was that not the home top, with the marathon logo in green and white !!!!!!!!!!!

lord bunberry
04-07-2014, 09:55 AM
That could easily be more popular than the home strip, given the choice between the two I'd go for the training top

TowerHibs
Players wearing the best of gear at the best training ground and us abused fans sit and watch a carpteam in a crap strip....................(sarcasm smilie)

down-the-slope
Its the lack of any logo that makes that look better

lucky
04-07-2014, 10:01 AM
I like it too but it's probably cos there's no red logo on it

PeterboroHibee
04-07-2014, 10:03 AM

The sponsorship logo does usually ruin a kit, but I think that training kit is far nicer than what weve got as our first kit. It actually looks like someone has put some effort into it. Like others have said, at a considerably lower price I imagine that will be really popular.

Betty Boop
04-07-2014, 10:04 AM
That's more like it, very smart.

Keith_M
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
That is really smart.

Does anyone think the club actually got the main strip and the training tops mixed up?

:hmmm:

Bobby's Cinema
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Is this available to buy from today? Very smart :aok:

Hibbyradge
04-07-2014, 10:09 AM

I agree.

The home top for juniors looks great, IMO.

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/hb-3057-ss-home-jsy-14-15-junior

Ozyhibby
04-07-2014, 10:12 AM
See, it's a good news day already.
Time to turn those frowns upside down.
:-)

RoscoHibby
04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Came on here to talk about this, far superior to the actual top!

I see you can personalise it with your initials (a nice touch I thought) is anyone in the know as to where they will print the initials on the top though??

Lucius Apuleius
04-07-2014, 10:22 AM
I agree.

:agree: Doesn't look half as bad as with the logo.

See, it's a good news day already.
Time to turn those frowns upside down.
:-)

I've tried and I've tried and I've tried again but I just cannot get an emoticon to appear upside down, sorry-o. :greengrin

StevieC
04-07-2014, 10:31 AM

Direct Soccer Nike Academy (http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/football-kits-c1/mens-clothing-c2/t-shirts-c13/nike-academy-14-ss-training-top-senior-p2407?attribute[2]=358)

Our training top is actually more expensive than our football shirt :dunno:

Direct Soccer Nike Park (http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/football-kits-c1/mens-clothing-c2/jerseys-c5/nike-park-v-ss-game-jersey-senior-p1209?attribute[2]=358)

col02
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Both training tops are very smart. Credit where credit is due on that front!

Keith_M
04-07-2014, 10:34 AM

Direct Soccer Nike Academy (http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/football-kits-c1/mens-clothing-c2/t-shirts-c13/nike-academy-14-ss-training-top-senior-p2407?attribute[2]=358)

Different colour

tomhorn
04-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Campaign to get fans to wear this to games and snub the horrid home strip?

StevieC
04-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Different colour

Possibly .. not much difference though

12978 12975

Keith_M
04-07-2014, 10:47 AM

12978 12975

Dunno, somehow the first one just looks that much classier. Proper Hibs Green, not the Nike 'Pine Green' of the other one.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as I keep telling the Missus.

lord bunberry
04-07-2014, 10:47 AM

I don't think we need another campaign, people will make up their own minds about which one they buy, or as usual they will get what ever one is in their size in the shop :greengrin

jacomo
04-07-2014, 10:50 AM

I guess people will probably make their own choices and spend their own money? :confused:

jacomo
04-07-2014, 10:51 AM

12978 12975

Not so sure about the white band across the back. I'm sure our version won't have this as we'll have worked closely with Nike on it. :rolleyes:

Sorry, must be more jolly.

Green&White
04-07-2014, 10:52 AM

Our training top is actually more expensive than our football shirt :dunno:

Direct Soccer Nike Park (http://www.directsoccer.co.uk/football-kits-c1/mens-clothing-c2/jerseys-c5/nike-park-v-ss-game-jersey-senior-p1209?attribute[2]=358)

they are also charging £10 extra for the hibs badge. gna get that then stick my own one on. :)

lugz
04-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I bought the white polo training top, very smart! Could have easily bought 4 or 5 training tops.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 10:57 AM
It's as if the home kit and the training kit were designed by 2 completely different groups.

Also liking the white polo shirt. :aok:

tomhorn
04-07-2014, 11:14 AM

mentalhibee
04-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Class top, purchased online last night!

BT58
04-07-2014, 11:28 AM
can they not just put the logo on the front,,,,then hey presto,,,were all happy again
smashin top :aok::aok::aok::aok:

StevieC
04-07-2014, 11:29 AM
they are also charging £10 extra for the hibs badge. gna get that then stick my own one on. :)

The extra £10 for the club badge is perfectly acceptable.
You are, after all, buying club merchandise in order to increase the clubs revenue stream. :wink:

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 11:31 AM
I agree.

:agree: Personally I think both look good without logo (sponsor may not have been confirmed when original concept was devised) Crabbies would have looked significantly better on new top and I think it would have been better received overall had that been the case

SMAXXA
04-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah I posted this on the home strip thread that the training tops was green with white sleaves, I can see it being more popular than the him strip. Wait till you see the away strip :wink:

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 11:34 AM
can they not just put the logo on the front,,,,then hey presto,,,were all happy again
smashin top :aok::aok::aok::aok:

Eh naw - its the logo thats dross and spoils whole look....:aok:

MrRobot
04-07-2014, 12:35 PM

What would that achieve?

I dont get all this moaning about the strip. They are not going to change it. Why should they? Cause some people don't like it. It's as simple as dont buy it if you don't like it. If you prefer the training top and want to show your support by wearing a Hibs top, by all means do that instead.

I also don't get the moaning about the logo. It's not very pretty but it's getting money to the club, who gives a **** what it looks like on the kit. Should we have gone with a company paying less money just to not have a bit of red.
I actually like the new home kit.

That said, I do think the training top is nicer and more Hibs, but change isn't always bad either.

Sean1875
04-07-2014, 12:37 PM
that is looooovely, shall definitely be getting purchased!

Haymaker
04-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah I posted this on the home strip thread that the training tops was green with white sleaves, I can see it being more popular than the him strip. Wait till you see the away strip :wink:

Purple?!

BT58
04-07-2014, 12:48 PM

Sorry DTS...I meant using this top as the home shirt...👍👍👍

Aldo
04-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Purple?!

Think someone mentioned that purple away would class with the Yam, Bairns etc as would the home as it's dark green...

when does the away strip get revealed??

mutley
04-07-2014, 02:41 PM
I dislike the new home shirt but I LOVE that training top, that's where my cash will be heading

GreenPJ
04-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Why was that not the home top, with the marathon logo in green and white !!!!!!!!!!!

Cause their registered logo is not green and white.

weonlywon6-2
04-07-2014, 02:54 PM
I feel this merits a thread of it's own. This top is STUNNING! Would have been so so SO much better if this was our new home top instead.

I for one will be purchasing one of these without questions, also only half the price compared with the new home top!

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/hb-3169-academy-14-training-top-adult#prettyPhoto

It looks brilliant,has it got hearts are sh*te on back by any chance ??

hibeesjoe
04-07-2014, 03:28 PM
I was up at the club shop with my son earlier and bought him the new training top. It looks smart and is less than half the price of the home strip. Not sure how they can really justify the price difference between the 2 tops. He was over the moon though and it was nice too see Alan, Paul and Lewis stay past there allocated time to meet the fans.

HoboHarry
04-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Whoever designed the training top should be promoted to head of the design team. As for the galoot that designed the home top....... coffee duties only for you in the future......

Turkish Green
04-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Take away the logo and the new home top looks OK. Not brilliant but OK. The problem is the red design. What is it they say about red and green...

For me the issue is PETRIE (this was done well before LD arrived) using the name of the Famous Five as an excuse to dupe supporters out of more money. Every photo I have ever seen of them was in white sleeves. Celebrating the decade of their birth, really?

hibsfan
04-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Picked up the last M one in store today... Only XL left. Hope they have plenty available though... Gonna outsell the home top massively. Staff in shop were slating it themselves today...

SteveHFC
04-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Picked up the last M one in store today... Only XL left. Hope they have plenty available though... Gonna outsell the home top massively. Staff in shop were slating it themselves today...

They won't :greengrin

Casper
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Cracking top..equally nice in the black. just back from the shop..could've spent a fortuneeeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinello59
04-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Picked up the last M one in store today... Only XL left. Hope they have plenty available though... Gonna outsell the home top massively.Staff in shop were slating it themselves today...

If true somebody should be having a word with them then given that their job is to maximise sales.

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Sorry DTS...I meant using this top as the home shirt...

:aok: i know thats what you meant...but then it would have the honking Marathon logo on it and would then be...well honking :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
04-07-2014, 04:53 PM
They look pretty smart. Anyone know if they have plenty in stock?

cabbageandribs1875
04-07-2014, 05:01 PM
They look pretty smart. Anyone know if they have plenty in stock?

well they did have at 1pm this afternoon :) shop was pretty busy and 3 or 4 photographers dotted around

Sean1875
04-07-2014, 06:14 PM
just ordered a medium online there, beautiful top. know of another couple folk getting the same one too. Could this be the first time a training top is more popular than the home top? :greengrin

LordBamba
04-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Think someone mentioned that purple away would class with the Yam, Bairns etc as would the home as it's dark green...

when does the away strip get revealed??

Hibs twitter said end of July!

SMAXXA
04-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Purple?!

More white than purple but isnt white the new black :wink:

Shields Hibee
04-07-2014, 07:00 PM
I got one myself along with home shirt. In fairness to the staff in the shop, they're a decent bunch & know not everybody has met this new kit with grand enthusiasm.

CalgaryHibs
05-07-2014, 11:24 AM

Yes totally agree !

DarrenSQH
05-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Mine came in the post this morning. Great top. Recommend it to everyone.

Good material for football.

Mon Dieu4
05-07-2014, 11:29 AM
That is chalk and cheese compared to the home, its really really good

Coco Bryce
05-07-2014, 12:00 PM
If true somebody should be having a word with them then given that their job is to maximise sales.

You can't polish a turd 😛

Jay
05-07-2014, 01:13 PM
I ordered a medium one in the green last night, got a call this morning saying they were sold out already, guy was really apologetic and said they were a bit taken aback by the sales of them. He offered me a medium in the black instead. Hopefully they will get more in soon.

--------
05-07-2014, 01:35 PM

It's the logo that nets the club much-needed income, yes? :rolleyes:

Sean1875
05-07-2014, 02:14 PM
I ordered a medium one in the green last night, got a call this morning saying they were sold out already, guy was really apologetic and said they were a bit taken aback by the sales of them. He offered me a medium in the black instead. Hopefully they will get more in soon.

that would explain the missed calls I've had from them. did he mention when more would be in stock? the black one is nice but had my heart set on the hibs green!

HibeeMG
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM

Baws!

I've just ordered a medium too. I'll be expecting a call at some point then.

Tyler Durden
05-07-2014, 04:49 PM

I went into the shop at 12ish and there were 2 XLs left of the green training top. Asked what seemed to be the manager if they had other sizes. Nice guy and very helpful but he explained that the demand had surprised them and they would be ordering more. The next order would arrive in a week or 2 - he wasn't really sure. They must have sold 100 yesterday and lots of people seemed to buy in favour of the strip which couldn't be predicted....

Except any Hibby would know that as soon as they set eyes on the 2 tops! As the reaction on here in last 48 days showed. Disappointing that the marketing/merchandising side of the club seems so out of touch. Also seems strange that we only order maybe 120 of these training tops for the launch when this week likely sees the biggest footfall into the store all year.

Another problem for LD to tackle.

Having said that.....I did just buy another training top. Plain black one is also very smart:wink:

Haymaker
06-07-2014, 03:50 PM
More white than purple but isnt white the new black :wink:

Oooh...

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2014, 03:58 PM
well, i've been looking at my black and white training top hanging up in front of my wardrobe all day, it really is THAT good

:cool2:

PeterboroHibee
06-07-2014, 04:02 PM
I went into the shop at 12ish and there were 2 XLs left of the green training top. Asked what seemed to be the manager if they had other sizes. Nice guy and very helpful but he explained that the demand had surprised them and they would be ordering more. The next order would arrive in a week or 2 - he wasn't really sure. They must have sold 100 yesterday and lots of people seemed to buy in favour of the strip which couldn't be predicted....

Except any Hibby would know that as soon as they set eyes on the 2 tops! As the reaction on here in last 48 days showed. Disappointing that the marketing/merchandising side of the club seems so out of touch. Also seems strange that we only order maybe 120 of these training tops for the launch when this week likely sees the biggest footfall into the store all year.

Another problem for LD to tackle.

Having said that.....I did just buy another training top. Plain black one is also very smart:wink:

Its a strange one. When you look at the top training tops, they could easily be a Hibs home and away top, and without any sponsorship on them which is something a lot of fans usually wish for. Its really no surprise theyve sold far better than the home kit, and will no doubt have lost someone (either Hibs or Just Sport) a fair amount of money given that they are half the price!

HoboHarry
06-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Its a strange one. When you look at the top training tops, they could easily be a Hibs home and away top, and without any sponsorship on them which is something a lot of fans usually wish for. Its really no surprise theyve sold far better than the home kit, and will no doubt have lost someone (either Hibs or Just Sport) a fair amount of money given that they are half the price!
I bought two of the training tops for me so that Hibs weren't losing money. I know some people can't afford that but if you can then that seems reasonable to me.....

Aaron
06-07-2014, 04:08 PM

It makes you wonder if the club or Just Sports will think about stopping the training shirt to encourage people to buy the home shirt :confused:

ruthven_raiders
06-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Presume you can get letters on the back of the training tops, my son has up until last year had a hibs top with his name, my daughter hasn't had a hibs top yet but would like her name on the back of the training top

ruthven_raiders
06-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Looked at website and looks like the training tops that are so good are for adults only, might just have to go with all green home tops at least they don't have the logo or wait for away top, out soon I hope

HibeeMG
08-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Got my phonecall from the shop today about my order. The lass said they would have them back in between a week and two weeks. Told them to send it when they get it in as I've my heart set on the green training top.

SteveHFC
08-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Got my phonecall from the shop today about my order. The lass said they would have them back in between a week and two weeks. Told them to send it when they get it in as I've my heart set on the green training top.

I phoned them yesterday and they said the same. Getting the black training top instead of the green one. Can always get the green one for Christmas :greengrin

DarrenSQH
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Happy that I got my green training one early.

Going on from the 1992 kit thread. £300 and its yours......

bigstu
08-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I knew they'd sell out, Hibs wouldn't have been able to forsee how popular they would be. They look really good but the back isn't as subtle as the front, you'll know what I mean when you see it. Still well worth the investment though.

Jay
08-07-2014, 10:26 PM
My sons black top arrived today. It's really smart. Chuffed with it. Will order the green when it's back in stock.

over the line
08-07-2014, 10:51 PM
I've got the black and white one. Looks smart but seems a bit flimsy.
Might not survive too much astro turf rash?

Sauzee07
09-07-2014, 01:41 PM
I wore my black training top today for the first time to go out for a run at lunchtime. I nailed a new personal best for the 5k and shaved a full 30 seconds of my previous best!!! Hope these tops have the same effect for the squad! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

over the line
11-07-2014, 08:51 AM
I wore my black training top today for the first time to go out for a run at lunchtime. I nailed a new personal best for the 5k and shaved a full 30 seconds of my previous best!!! Hope these tops have the same effect for the squad! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's funny how a nice new Hibs top can lift your performance isn't it? But it makes your chest swell and gives you a spring in your step doesn't it? :)I'm playing 5 a side in mine later, let's see if it works for me? :rolleyes: