PDA

View Full Version : Apathy towards and twisting of anything related to Hibs

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Some Hibs 'fans' are just looking for any excuse to put the boot in and I'm getting sick of it.

A chunk of our support (and indeed they're well-represented on this forum) are without a doubt the most petulant, unforgiving, fickle and narrow-minded followers in a Scotland and it's doing my head in. The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. There's just no pleasing them, they'll twist any news from the club to suit their own agendas. It's absolutely pathetic. I'm as fed up and pissed off as anyone with the current plight but feeling sorry for ourselves, going round in circles bickering with eachother and nit-picking every single thing the club says and does is only taking us in one direction, which certainly ain't forward.

Tight ***** moaning about the price of a season ticket they probably wouldn't have bought anyway and about 5 threads with grown men bickering and bitching about something as trivial and insignificant as to what football top the team will wear until next May. It beggars belief.

If the club had cut season ticket prices and in turn hampered the playing budget they'd whine like spoilt bairns no getting their own way, the club stick to their guns and explain why they won't be cutting the price they still whine like spoilt bairns no getting their own way. Dempster can't win and she's stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place with this type of supporter.

Grow a backbone, support the team and man the **** up. It's the same posters on every thread regurgitating the same apathetic nonsense and to put it bluntly it's ****ing boring, tedious, loads of posters are sick of listening to it and drowning yourselves in negativity and self-pity is getting both you and us nowhere.

Hibs :scarf:

Scottie
03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Great post Sean. Well done ! Well said ! :aok:

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Brilliant, this is from someone who posted last season enough was enough and the club could Get the f

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Brilliant, this is from someone who posted last season enough was enough and the club could Get.
Aye, and who soon realised the club needs every bit of support it can get.

How's your childish boycott coming along?

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Brilliant, this is from someone who posted last season enough was enough and the club could Get the f

C'mon G, we are all capable of saying things in the heat of the moment

Lucius Apuleius
Same argument goes for people demanding so and so as a manager and then putting the boot in when it goes tits up as the board should not have listened to us. If the club listen and it goes wrong it is their fault, if they don't listen hhen it is wrong because they didn't listen then we demand fan representation. Fickle so we are.

Good post Sean but I suggest we will soon turn this thread negative too.

blackpoolhibs
It's not really worked yet this season

Pretty Boy
03-07-2014, 08:40 PM

There's a massive difference between a heat of the moment reaction, which most of us have been guilty of at some point, and the very deliberate effort of a few to find negativity in absolutely everything.

Lucius Apuleius
03-07-2014, 08:41 PM
And off we go...............

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 08:41 PM

Of course we are, but if you do you don't take the pissed out of others who are saying the very same things.

Scottie
03-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Can't believe how quick posts are turned around to negativity.
Its bloody sickening. :grr:

truehibernian
Club - relegated
Manager - unknown quantity, still without an Assistant (this will change)
Petrie Out campaign - damp squib, a whimper now, don't hear them
Strip launch - failed it seems on first day, only a few liking it
Hibs TV and Media - still terrible
Signings - none, competitors a few each, into second week of pre-season training
Season ticket sales - worst in years, unlikely to change significantly
Two highly rated youngsters allowed to leave
Apathy - well and truly deep set after last 4 years of abject failure on the pitch

Yep, reasons to be cheerful right enough Sean :aok:

I was looking forward to this season 3 weeks ago - now Hibs have as Irvine Welsh says 'been breakdancing on landmines' (in a comparison to shooting ourselves in the foot)

scoopyboy
Some Hibs 'fans' are just looking for any excuse to put the boot in and I'm getting sick of it.

A chunk of our support (and indeed they're well-represented on this forum) are without a doubt the most petulant, unforgiving, fickle and narrow-minded followers in a Scotland and it's doing my head in. The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. There's just no pleasing them, they'll twist any news from the club to suit their own agendas. It's absolutely pathetic. I'm as fed up and pissed off as anyone with the current plight but feeling sorry for ourselves, going round in circles bickering with eachother and nit-picking every single thing the club says and does is only taking us in one direction, which certainly ain't forward.

Tight ***** moaning about the price of a season ticket they probably wouldn't have bought anyway and about 5 threads with grown men bickering and bitching about something as trivial and insignificant as to what football top the team will wear until next May. It beggars belief.

If the club had cut season ticket prices and in turn hampered the playing budget they'd whine like spoilt bairns no getting their own way, the club stick to their guns and explain why they won't be cutting the price they still whine like spoilt bairns no getting their own way. Dempster can't win and she's stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place with this type of supporter.

Grow a backbone, support the team and man the **** up. It's the same posters on every thread regurgitating the same apathetic nonsense and to put it bluntly it's ****ing boring, tedious, loads of posters are sick of listening to it and drowning yourselves in negativity and self-pity is getting both you and us nowhere.

Good on ya Sean.

Mind you I'm not keen on you taking my role as the peoples champion. :greengrin

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Of course we are, but if you do you don't take the pissed out of others who are saying the very same things.
Aye, because the same posters posting negative nonsense on every thread are making their comments in the heat of the moment eh :aok:

I think I said I was done with Hibs in the immediate aftermath of another derby defeat last year, I was raging like 99.999999% of the support and I posted wouldn't be back. Obviously I meant it and every single person who has ever stated similar have never went to another game since. :rolleyes:

Unbelievably I still went back the following week, the week after that, the week after that and the week after that. And unbelievably I still bought a season ticket.

Me and my heat of the moment, never-going-back attitude, eh?

Bronson
03-07-2014, 08:46 PM
We do seem to be getting kick after kick right in the stanes in all fairness, people are getting frustrated. The same sh*te threads do seem to be appearing again and again though and I would have to agree they are very tiresome. The continuous updates on how many players The Rangers and Hearts have signed in comparison to us can do one.

Jonnyboy

But plenty who voice positive thoughts are game targets for having the pi55 taken out of them? Like Sean I am fed up to the back teeth of the negative spin put on everything.

skipster7

spot on m8. Had a guy say to me today the fans should take the club to court over mis-sold season tickets !! Ffs some punters lol

scoopyboy
03-07-2014, 08:47 PM
It's not really worked yet this season

C'mon mate we've not even played a pre season friendly yet, bit too soon for the write off.

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Club - relegated
Signings - none, competitors a few each, into second week of pre-season training
Apathy - well and truly deep set after last 4 years of abject failure on the pitch

I was looking forward to this season 3 weeks ago - now Hibs have as Irvine Welsh says 'been breakdancing on landmines' (in a comparison to shooting ourselves in the foot)
Aye, things are never going to get better.

We should hold a candlelight vigil to the Forth Bridge, lob ourselves over the railings and be done with it. The only way is down :boo hoo:

Damn me and damn trying to stir up a bit of positivity, I'm away to sit in the naughty corner.

Gatecrasher
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM

:top marks

There's a lot of greeting weans about as you say time to man up folks.

SneakersO'Toole
03-07-2014, 08:53 PM
If you take .net as a cross section of the support, it would appear given the range of news (and lack of in certain respects) from the club over the last few days that the only thing that is gonna galvanise the support are positive results on the pitch.

tamig
03-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Club - relegated

And you honestly think it's going to remain like that? What a load of depressing negative pish. Why do you bother?

Pretty Boy
03-07-2014, 08:54 PM
For a long time I've waited on a siege mentality to kick in amongst the Hibs support but it never really has. Don't get me wrong we attracted good numbers to the last few games of last season but there was still an air of apathy and/or negativity amongst the support.

We take a slagging from the media, a slagging from other clubs fans and rather than fight back and defend our club too many seem to want to join in. I don't take other clubs fans pissing all over Hibs so I'm damn sure I'm not going to watch and listen to Hibs fans themselves doing it.

This isn't happy clapping or whatever other pish name it will get called. Stevie Wonder can see there are problems at Hibs but we have 2 choices. We can bitch and moan and go in a huff or be supporters and back the club. Yes we have done it before, yes there will be more let downs more than likely, yes it's not easy but you're either part of the problem or you try and be part of finding the solution.

If that makes me an underfan or some other childish insult then so be it.

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 08:55 PM

well said sean. We have to look forward and no constantly harping on about what has gone. No one is suggesting everything is fine but we WILL sign players, and AS will get an assistant, and hopefully we will have a team to compete at the top of the league. I really dont give a toss about the new strip and yes season tickets are down, to be expected, but hopefully we will sell a few after some signings. We really need to get behind the team this year to get out this division.

Nutmegged
03-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I think the intentions of the OP here is fantastic but I do think fans are 100% correct to feel agd and cheated by the club over their*stance regarding Season Ticket prices, its beyond moronic to believe the worse you are and the lower down the football tier you are the more expensive it is to go to games.

its up to the board to find investment and to create funds not the fans, it's emotional blackmail 101

Apart from that I have no real problem with the strip, I think it'll be a "grower not a shower" and in time fans will not be too fussed about it.

As for players, we'll get 5 or 6 players in for the first game of the Season, I dont think we'll just sign players for the sake of it either, they wont be everyones cup of tea but I'll bet they're players Stubbs/Dempster have got a bit of background on - I'd also expect another 3 players signed before the window shuts.

Hibernian isn't a happy club at the moment, we've been seen as a laughing stock and a soft touch for a long time, some fans have cracked, I get it, it doesn't help the club, fellow fans or themselves but I get it, some of the negativity has been hyperbole nonsense in the extreme and childish too but some has been truly justified.

I'd say the fans should pick their battles, going ballistic over the style of top is one we can do without, making their feelings known over the clubs stance regarding ticket prices is one that should top priority.

I think once the club make 2 or 3 signings fans will start to lighten up a bit.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 08:57 PM
For a long time I've waited on a siege mentality to kick in amongst the Hibs support but it never really has. Don't get me wrong we attracted good numbers to the last few games of last season but there was still an air of apathy and/or negativity amongst the support.

We take a slagging from the media, a slagging from other clubs fans and rather than fight back and defend our club too many seem to want to join in. I don't take other clubs fans pissing all over Hibs so I'm damn sure I'm not going to watch and listen to Hibs fans themselves doing it.

This isn't happy clapping or whatever other pish name it will get called. Stevie Wonder can see there are problems at Hibs but we have 2 choices. We can bitch and moan and go in a huff or be supporters and back the club. Yes we have done it before, yes there will be more let downs more than likely, yes it's not easy but you're either part of the problem or you try and be part of finding the solution.

Gatecrasher
03-07-2014, 08:58 PM

another good post :top marks

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 09:01 PM

Exactly, everyone's soft as **** and pulling in different directions. It's akin to holding the door open for the bailiffs as they take the last of your possessions away to get pawned and equally as pathetic and cowardly.

Too many are happy to roll over and accept that this is our lot. Some even seem to have admitted defeat before a ball has been kicked.

'Persevere' has never been more apt.

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Not sure who you are aiming this at Sean but I've already said I'll be backing the club and Leeann. I'm absolutely disgusted in our marketing team for letting down what could have been a very good time to lift fans regarding the strips.

Instead they have went for the cheap option and tried to pass it off as a tribute to the famous five. Sorry for calling bull**** on that one.

I'm sure we will sign players "eventually" and I don't blame Stubbs at all for not having anyone yet. But we are in one hell of a mess right now. If we weren't we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'm also sick of guys who have their head lodged firmly into their ********s soon as you bring up a valid reason to be concerned. We all follow are club some may well just be moaning for the sake of it but I think most have simply had enough of being taken for a ride and who blames them.

I'd love a packed ER and a team worth watching, season hasn't started but as usual I'll be hoping for the best. I may well be let down as I have for a while now but I'll still no doubt go.

But if anyone thinks this club is being well run or "listening" to its fans I can safely say that's crap.

Cheap club, cheap board, cheap players have ironically cost us so much. Maybe when they realise this they will start to get in first targets and actually make a ****ing go of winning it.

If this rant has pissed anyone off, I don't give a flying ****!

Until this club start doing things the right way, which by appointing LD seems to be then maybe things will change.

LordBamba
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Agree 100% w/ the post! It also seems that when Hibs do sign someone who the fans want then a portion will always complain- 'oh he's not hibs class' 'too old' etc. If Hibs sign McFadden then id consider that a pretty major signing considering where we are a a club- but I would bet that the moaners would be out in full force finding even the most tedious points to complain about.
Supporting a club always has it's Highs and lows- I believe the highs are on the horizon for hibs so let's let's get behind our team and spur them on to a championship trophy!

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Not sure who you are aiming this at Sean but I've already said I'll be backing the club and Leeann. I'm absolutely disgusted in our marketing team for letting down what could have been a very good time to lift fans regarding the strips.

Instead they have went for the cheap option and tried to pass it off as a tribute to the famous five. Sorry for calling bull**** on that one.

I'm sure we will sign players "eventually" and I don't blame Stubbs at all for not having anyone yet. But we are in one hell of a mess right now. If we weren't we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'm also sick of guys who have their head lodged firmly into their ********s soon as you bring up a valid reason to be concerned. We all follow are club some may well just be moaning for the sake of it but I think most have simply had enough of being taken for a ride and who blames them.

I'd love a packed ER and a team worth watching, season hasn't started but as usual I'll be hoping for the best. I may well be let down as I have for a while now but I'll still no doubt go.

But if anyone thinks this club is being well run or "listening" to its fans I can safely say that's crap.

Cheap club, cheap board, cheap players have ironically cost us so much. Maybe when they realise this they will start to get in first targets and actually make a ****ing go of winning it.

Until this club start doing things the right way, which by appointing LD seems to be then maybe things will change.

Cat, Sean's post, I think, was not condemning negativity, simply relentless negativity by relentlessly negative posters of which you are not one

marinello59
03-07-2014, 09:14 PM

Sometimes somebody just has to say it like it is. Well said Sean. :top marks

Bostonhibby
03-07-2014, 09:15 PM

:top marks About the level this former happy clapper has reached.

Hoping for some positive developments to change the mood.

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Cat, Sean's post, I think, was not condemning negativity, simply relentless negativity by relentlessly negative posters of which you are not one

Ah fair dos. I wasn't actually having a go at Sean himself just getting tired of the same folk not letting others say anything bad.

Suppose there are folk who do go OTT and kick the club at anything they do and thats not right.

I do stand by everything I've just said though. We are a shambles and this was coming for a long time and folk who were worried were mocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
:agree: As it goes TC's a very good poster and pretty insightful, I usually find myself agreeing with most of what he's got to say.

...Even when he's at his miserable best :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Ah fair dos. I wasn't actually having a go at Sean himself just getting tired of the same folk not letting others say anything bad.

Suppose there are folk who do go OTT and kick the club at anything they do and thats not right.

I do stand by everything I've just said though. We are a shambles and this was coming for a long time and folk who were worried were mocked!

:aok:

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
:agree: As it goes TC's a very good poster and pretty insightful, I usually find myself agreeing with most of what he's got to say.

...Even when he's at his miserable best :greengrin

I'm always a miserable bar-steward 😉

Like I say wasn't having a go at you Sean, and my dad is like yourself he is sick of all the moaning but he's also sick of The club lol and just stopped going. He's 68 so I'll let him off.

number 27
03-07-2014, 09:21 PM

In many cases by the same posters still coming out with the same "man up" nonsense.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 09:27 PM
As I said in another thread, give me something to cheer and I will.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:29 PM
As I said in another thread, give me something to cheer and I will.

But until that happens you will continue to berate everything Hibs :wink:

macca70
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM

Absolutely spot on, I'll back Dempster, Stubbs and any player on the park but as fans I think we have a right to constructively criticise what's going on at our club.

Fair enough to give Stubbs time, that I understand but we need time for a brand spanking new team to gel. Look at the consequences of Butcher constantly changing the team because he didn't know his best 11. The same will happen again unless we can get new players in and let them get settled.

Not only that, free agents are being snapped up all over, we must be missing out on some decent players.

We don't even have a keeper with our 1st pre season friendly 2 days away.

I'm guessing Stubbs also wants an assistant, he needs brought in sooner rather than later.

You can be positive just for the sake of it because your itching for a new season to start or you can make your feelings felt that we are nowhere near ready for this new season and weeks behind all the other teams in our league.

Stubbs will probably bring in about 6-8 new players IMO but we at least should have had a Spine to the team signed up before our 1st pre season game.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 09:38 PM
I will continue to say it as I see it. A club in complete dissaray. Not even enough signed players to put a full squad out, and the ones we do have were part of a squad that played the worst football I can remember and in doing so relegated us. 3 weeks until our first game and only two players in my opinion who should be anywhere near the first team. So we will be bringing in a raft of players who will need to gell very quickly, I doubt this will happen, but never mind the window does not close until the end of August, something we get told every season and there is no need to panic except we have never been this low in numbers and quality. The club is a shambles much worse than some folk I think realise.

fishybeaver
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Spot on Sean!!!

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:45 PM
I will continue to say it as I see it. A club in complete dissaray. Not even enough signed players to put a full squad out, and the ones we do have were part of a squad that played the worst football I can remember and in doing so relegated us. 3 weeks until our first game and only two players in my opinion who should be anywhere near the first team. So we will be bringing in a raft of players who will need to gell very quickly, I doubt this will happen, but never mind the window does not close until the end of August, something we get told every season and there is no need to panic except we have never been this low in numbers and quality. The club is a shambles much worse than some folk I think realise.

I know you will and that doesn't surprise me :greengrin

The next couple of weeks should be pretty interesting :wink:

basehibby
03-07-2014, 10:11 PM
:top marksWell said the OP - it's fair to say that we have had pretty much zero reasons to be cheerful for quite a while, but there's being down in the dumps and there's wallowing in misery. Some posters on here are taking wallowing to new depths that a herd of bull elephants in a mire the size of a mountain would come nowhere near to achieving.

It's a pain in the erse but there's only one thing which will stop it really and that's decisive action from the club in the transfer market followed by positive results on the football pitch - bring it on!

Paisley Hibby
03-07-2014, 10:12 PM

PEDANT ALERT! I agree with everything you say except the apathy. Maybe you mean antipathy?

HibeeMcGinn1
03-07-2014, 10:16 PM

10/10

E10 Rifle
03-07-2014, 10:16 PM

This hits the nail on the head for me. Sad but absolutely true.

cmcd
03-07-2014, 10:27 PM
But until that happens you will continue to berate everything Hibs :wink:
I have supported this club for a long time I have seen terrible teams and great teams over the past 60 years I have also seen good and bad managers What i have never seen is a manager or chairman sitting behind a keyboard moaning about this and that What i am trying to say is let Alan and the board get on with it The time to moan and groan is Christmas We have not kicked a ball yet and so many people are moaning already Lets get behind the team and see where it takes us GGTTH

ArmadaleHibs
03-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Nice one sean.

The fact of the matter is mate that a huge percentage of the idiots that you talk about hardly attend more than a handful of games if any.

Muppets, the lot of them and I'm also sick to the back teeth of coming on here and reading the drivel they have to spout

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Nice one sean.

The fact of the matter is mate that a huge percentage of the idiots that you talk about hardly attend more than a handful of games if any.

Muppets, the lot of them and I'm also sick to the back teeth of coming on here and reading the drivel they have to spout

Really? Have you got statistics to back up that claim? Or are you just pulling it out of thin air?

ArmadaleHibs
03-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Really? Have you got statistics to back up that claim? Or are you just pulling it out of thin air?

No stats and yes I was wrong to say fact. Should have said I'd imagine. But I still back seans comments. It's getting rediculous

Paisley Hibby
03-07-2014, 10:38 PM

93.5% of statistics on here are made up.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:41 PM

So people like u and feel like you, what do you intend to do about it. Sit on here and berate others, send endless emails to LD??? Or should you all not get together and have some positive reaction to try and change things.....or would it be a disaster like everything else.

Club is soft as ***** and so is the fan base. If hibs were to do a hearts tomo, I'm not too sure we'd pull together like them. Far too many fractions, bitterness and snobbery about us

GreenCastle
03-07-2014, 10:42 PM
The worst part of this situation we are in as a club is tr in fighting between fans.

Te fans deserve better and it's a shame when fans have a go at each other on here as it doesn't help.

The reality is that every fan has a different breaking point.

Many broke last season - I don't have a problem with that - everyone has reasons why they don't want to go and I respect that as we have been severely let down time after time.

What I don't like is fans sticking the head in the sand and not realising we are a mess and just support the team and it will all get better. It's really not as simple as that. The fans have been doing that for several years / has it helped - we actually seem possibly to have been worse at ER and when bigger crowds turn up.

We need a connection and hope again in the players and club if we are to progress - results on the pitch need to be good or this messageboard will become even worse.

The sad thing also is that basics such as a decent kit launch should give the fans a buzz but seems they have scored an own goal there.

Season tickets is a difficult one and I made my views clear on other thread.

Some decent players showing they can play football will see an improvement of positive threads.

Until then you will see people rightly so venting as they are fed up with what's happened to OUR club.

This isn't the fans fault - it's above that - reality is hangs has to take place and results / outcomes quickly materialise. Fans have no faith in the club right now and it's their job to get us back. Win games and that will go a long way to help.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:47 PM
The worst part of this situation we are in as a club is tr in fighting between fans.

Te fans deserve better and it's a shame when fans have a go at each other on here as it doesn't help.

The reality is that every fan has a different breaking point.

Many broke last season - I don't have a problem with that - everyone has reasons why they don't want to go and I respect that as we have been severely let down time after time.

What I don't like is fans sticking the head in the sand and not realising we are a mess and just support the team and it will all get better. It's really not as simple as that. The fans have been doing that for several years / has it helped - we actually seem possibly to have been worse at ER and when bigger crowds turn up.

We need a connection and hope again in the players and club if we are to progress - results on the pitch need to be good or this messageboard will become even worse.

The sad thing also is that basics such as a decent kit launch should give the fans a buzz but seems they have scored an own goal there.

Season tickets is a difficult one and I made my views clear on other thread.

Some decent players showing they can play football will see an improvement of positive threads.

Until then you will see people rightly so venting as they are fed up with what's happened to OUR club.
To be honest, you tried to be balanced and then slated the club for the kit launch. If this kit was launched 5/6 years ago there would be very little venim compared to today.

cheap option is what I read. Tacky. Not good enough. no one has explained cheap option, just another .net fact. All that matters on any strip is the badge on the front, feels like large chunk of fans have forgotten that along with past players/board. Now everyone is looking after themselves

The Modfather
03-07-2014, 10:50 PM

Not sure I really agree with your opening post. Yes there are certain posters whose constant negative beating of the drum is boring, but no more so than those that relentlessly back the club no matter it's failings.

The support appears to have, understandably, stepped back and it's now very much down to the club to sort out the mess it has created. It's not Dempster or Stubbs' fault we are where we are today, but that doesn't detract from the fact we are in utter disarray in literally every aspect, even down to the small unimportant aspects.

If it is certain posters like you say, why not put them on the ignore list. They may be repetitive in their posts, but that is where the feelings of the majority of the support currently are IMO.

GreenCastle
03-07-2014, 11:02 PM
To be honest, you tried to be balanced and then slated the club for the kit launch. If this kit was launched 5/6 years ago there would be very little venim compared to today.

cheap option is what I read. Tacky. Not good enough. no one has explained cheap option, just another .net fact. All that matters on any strip is the badge on the front, feels like large chunk of fans have forgotten that along with past players/board. Now everyone is looking after themselves

I didn't slate the kit launch - I made my opinions known elsewhere that I wasn't a fan.

A grown man moaning about it yes - what is wrong with that? The pills on here show the evidence many don't like it.

I don't think you can compare 5/6 years ago but most people who have half a brain can see it's a poor fit and shiny cheap design. Cheap as other football kits are better material and we have fine for a strip that some Sunday league teams use better material. I've ordered kits for clubs so know that from experience.

People are looking after themselves - why shouldn't they? They are the club and are the ones who keep it going with money - not Stubbs or RP or STF. The fans deserve better and in a few weeks we will see what kind of season we are in for.

If fans can't stand the heat get out the kitchen. If they don't like the tone of many posts then log off or toughen up / man up as the term people seem to use! Until change happens on and off the pitch I can tell you Hibs.net will continue to be like this-human nature.

boab1875
03-07-2014, 11:16 PM

People have a right to be angry and critical given what has happened Sean, whether or not you agree with it. You can accept the current situation and dress up blindly following people (who have in my opinion ruined our club) as "supporting your team" all you want. But this is a fans forum and you have to accept others won't agree with you. It's also hypocritical to criticise the perceived negativity on here by writing a 300 word angry rant.

CropleyisGod
03-07-2014, 11:34 PM
I think Dempster and Stubbs can clearly see the problems having good background and experience with successful clubs. Stubbs will find players and put a team on the park that he hopes will win games. That is the team I will support. I am Hibernian FC...bring it on

Time For Heroes
04-07-2014, 03:40 AM
93.5% of statistics on here are made up.

Clearly that's wrong, you never put 'FACT' at the end of it.
;0)

Waxy
04-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Some people think a nice strip is more important than supporting Hibs.

Iain G
04-07-2014, 05:47 AM
But plenty who voice positive thoughts are game targets for having the pi55 taken out of them? Like Sean I am fed up to the back teeth of the negative spin put on everything.

Agreed JB.

That strip is still awful mind you :wink:

Iain G
04-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Some people think a nice strip is more important than supporting Hibs.

Having a "nice" strip can only help the fans identify with the club a bit more.

Russ
04-07-2014, 06:09 AM

Spot on :top marks

davcar
04-07-2014, 06:12 AM
I agree completely with Sean and TC, it's definitely not easy right now being a Hibee, my main issues were signing up early on the PPP for myself and my son, after doing so my son (11 years old and a ST holder since he was 6) really started to hurt to a point he was ready to chuck it!

Would I have signed up if I'd know the outcome? Not sure, maybe would have picked and chosen games. As it is I fully understand and agree why prices have stayed the same, but not sure how we attract others to get ST's at that price.

i want to keep going and supporting my club, if he chooses this as his last season it will also be mine, as far as I'm concerned I've done my bit for the coming season, now it's the clubs turn to fulfil it's side of the bargain.

i have some unfinished issues with the club, which I hope a winning team will help resolve, and not come back to bite us, but for now those issues can wait, let's hope the next days and weeks prior to the season starting gives us fresh hope for the way forward.

Steve20
04-07-2014, 06:28 AM

Well, if the club didn't make so many wrong decisions, people wouldn't moan. Are people not allowed to be annoyed at being relegated and having hardly any players weeks before the season starts???

Yes, I'm moaning but with very good reason. The club is a shambles just now.

marinello59
04-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Well, if the club didn't make so many wrong decisions, people wouldn't moan. Are people not allowed to be annoyed at being relegated and having hardly any players weeks before the season starts???

That's not the point the OP is making at all, try reading his post again.
It's the relentless negativity of some who do nothing but spin every single thing the club does in to a negative. It's corrosive, boring and serves no purpose other than to make this forum a place to be avoided.

Paloschi
04-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Agree with the sentiments of both posters Sean and TC.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing, a winning team on the pitch. I admit I have been a moany barsteward recently but I feel that is actually justified. However I would never seek opportunities to put the club down.

IMO Hibs have made mistake after mistake and the fans have not needed to make up reasons to have a moan. There is plenty to moan about but going on and on can become very boring.

The fans need to unite here and back the team now. Dempster and Stubbs bring a new era and I am behind them 100%. I just want Petrie gone. My fear is that he will continue to have influence. That is just a concern at the moment.

It cannot get worse. Lets see if we can challenge these financial doping brothers and bring back a feel good factor. Stubbs could be the man :aok:

Greenheart
04-07-2014, 06:38 AM

best post on this forum in a long time

225-EasterRd
04-07-2014, 06:45 AM
:not worth

:not worth:aok::top marks:flag::hibees

Waxy
04-07-2014, 07:09 AM
Can't just be a hibs problem that these men? Are whinging about prices, how a top looks etc. Must be a social thing. Black is the new white.

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2014, 07:15 AM
I'm not saying there are Hibs fans who don't moan, but his board is infested by vermin as well. We get told off for using the LTYF, but I wish there was something we could do to get rid of some of the trolls that constantly start negative threads about Hibs.

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Can't just be a hibs problem that these men? Are whinging about prices, how a top looks etc. Must be a social thing. Black is the new white.

Just another step in the gradual emasculation of the working class male. God knows what older generations would have made of this.

Phil D. Rolls
04-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Agree with the sentiments of both posters Sean and TC.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing, a winning team on the pitch. I admit I have been a moany barsteward recently but I feel that is actually justified. However I would never seek opportunities to put the club down.

IMO Hibs have made mistake after mistake and the fans have not needed to make up reasons to have a moan. There is plenty to moan about but going on and on can become very boring.

The fans need to unite here and back the team now. Dempster and Stubbs bring a new era and I am behind them 100%. I just want Petrie gone. My fear is that he will continue to have influence. That is just a concern at the moment.

It cannot get worse. Lets see if we can challenge these financial doping brothers and bring back a feel good factor. Stubbs could be the man :aok:

If this is you in a positive mood, I'd hate to meet you when you're low. You admit to being a moany *******, and then provide the proof, in case anybody was unsure. Cheers.

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 07:21 AM

Re-read the opening post and actually try and take it in this time, eh?

I've no issue with folk having a moan but the incessant negativity shown by some is doing my tits in, it's as if they revel in putting the club down. No wonder we're seen as a laughing stock and soft when we have 'supporters' of that ilk.

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 07:23 AM
That's not the point the OP is making at all, try reading his post again.
It's the relentless negativity of some who do nothing but spin every single thing the club does in to a negative. It's corrosive, boring and serves no purpose other than to make this forum a place to be avoided.

Absolutely :top marks

TowerHibs
04-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I didn't slate the kit launch - I made my opinions known elsewhere that I wasn't a fan.

A grown man moaning about it yes - what is wrong with that? The pills on here show the evidence many don't like it.

I don't think you can compare 5/6 years ago but most people who have half a brain can see it's a poor fit and shiny cheap design. Cheap as other football kits are better material and we have fine for a strip that some Sunday league teams use better material. I've ordered kits for clubs so know that from experience.

People are looking after themselves - why shouldn't they? They are the club and are the ones who keep it going with money - not Stubbs or RP or STF. The fans deserve better and in a few weeks we will see what kind of season we are in for.

If fans can't stand the heat get out the kitchen. If they don't like the tone of many posts then log off or toughen up / man up as the term people seem to use! Until change happens on and off the pitch I can tell you Hibs.net will continue to be like this-human nature.

Moaning in a constructive fashion is fine - but the threads are full of "ashamed to be a Hibee", "abused as a fan" etc etc. The rhetoric from majority of moaners on here is so off putting, OTT and inappropiate it is frightening. If you feel abused, ashamed then do something about it. You can rest assured a high majority of these fans moaning are those also slating the Petrie Out campaign or not making an effort to go to the Work Together group. Have you seen the turn out to these things????

This was my point, all very easy to moan that the club is making a wrong decision on a daily basis but then do nothing about it and hope they read this forum.

Abused, ashamed and embarrassed to be a Hibee then you should have the passion to fight us out of it, realise that the main thing isn't a "shocking" strip and try and have a change of mentaility to help fans become fans again, rather than complainers. Let's be honest, the club has done a crap job at keeping us in one direction, we have to do it ourselves. Unfortunately, too many people on the board are only too happy to stop that

bigwheel
04-07-2014, 07:31 AM
A few things on this...Firstly, there is clearly a great amount of resentment and distrust created between the club and the fans. Not just because of the relegation, but because of major let downs over the last few years. Relegation has simply brought it much more to the surface. As a result of that it has given rise to a very negative agenda. Some of it understandable letting of steam and anger and frustration. Some of it manipulated. I know for a fact (there I said it), that a number of posters have been encouraged to continue the upset and negativity on this board. Those groups (more than one) who are interested in regime change, recognise that continued unsettlement at our club will be good for their case. As a result they have encouraged their family and friends to keep up the pressure through social media. It creates a horrible, disengaging feeling around the MB just now.

Moving forward, the club also need to help us. They have done that, I believe, in the key appointments of late. I'm actually quite excited about Stubbs as our boss. Sure there are risks, but he has a good pedigree and the right mindset. A few key steps would help a lot. Firstly, some decent players in - If we can sign 6 or 7 additions that improve on what we had last year, and in that a few players that get us excited - then that will help the positive chat on this board.

Secondly, do something about value for the fans. As they are not changing the season ticket price, give us some added value for buying the ST. A discount card and maybe 2-3 kids tickets for the season. Just enough to show that they care and are listening.

Two more things, let's start winning some games, in particular winning some big games. I know it's a noddy cup, but turning over that mob at Ibrox in the noddy cup would be a small start to feel good about this team again, as well as giving us some hope for the season.

Finally, give us the biggest symbolic change we need. Petrie to resign from our board as the transition to Leann completes. That will set a new tone and one that can make us look forward rather than back.

Glory Glory...

mjhibby
04-07-2014, 07:42 AM

While agreeing with the vast majority of what you say hibs fans are just reflective of society as a whole. There is now no middle ground for most people and while the intransagance of fans is annoying its understandable. I'm with you of always supporting the club we love and hate it when fans seem to spend 90 mins each game getting their frustrations in life released by berating the players they are meant to be supporting. I've picked and chosen my games due more to some fans behaviour than the dire product on the park. Hibs fans nowadays are hypercritical and maybe I'm looking it through rose tinted glasses but I don't remember it being like this when I starting watching hibs 40 years ago. The best way to take the club forward is to vocally back the team,however we are playing but realistically this isn't going to happen. Fans will only get behind the team if they have something to cheer.
The biggest problem with hibs now is the perception of the club by fans and the media in general. I agree with Alan Stubbs taking his time to get the right players but that leads to the perception of Petrie having a hand in it somewhere and us as usual leaving it to the last minute and then not getting the right type of player. The perception of unless we get rid of Petrie we won't move forward is obviously held by a huge chunk of the fans but I'm dubious whether that will really solve everything. To me we need the right manager,playing in a way the fans buy into and of course gets results. Whether our new man is that guy,time will tell, but as long as it is perceived and hibs delay signing players fans and the media will take a negative slant on it.
The only way to stem the tide of negativity is by getting results,hopefully playing some decent stuff along the way. If we get off to a good start the fans and media will get behind us but make a poor start and it's all doom and gloom. I'm with you in getting right behind Leanne dempster,who knows what she's doing,and Alan Stubbs who looks an appointment not unlike Mowbray but who, on the face of it,doesn't have the youngsters coming through tony did. By all means comment on things at er but let's pull together and get the club back together and hopefully next year we will be back moaning why we aren't challenging for a European place? GGTTH.

Onion
04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
:top marks About the level this former happy clapper has reached.

Hoping for some positive developments to change the mood.

Exactly right :agree:

IMO the scale and strength of the negativity on this forum is simply a reflection of the parallel demise of Hibernian FC and the resurrection of HMFC. The perceived change in fortunes of both clubs since March is nothing short of astonishing and many Hibs fans are still struggling to come to terms with this. It has been a long time since we had any decent good news coming out of ER. Until that changes, things will only get worse as we see other clubs like The Rangers and Hearts bring in players and prep for the campaign ahead.

Paloschi
04-07-2014, 07:44 AM
If this is you in a positive mood, I'd hate to meet you when you're low. You admit to being a moany *******, and then provide the proof, in case anybody was unsure. Cheers.

Haha I like a moan. Did not need to prove that to anyone.

I'm also fairly balanced and have positive posts too. Suppose it depends how I feel.

The Leith Dutch
04-07-2014, 07:45 AM
The Season Ticket sales scare the crap out of me - especially the fact they've "all but dried up" according to Leeann Dempster.

I don't think anyone should buy one because they think it's good value.
I don't think anyone should buy one to indicate they're happy with being relegated or because they're happy with how the club was (or even is) run.
I don't think anyone should buy one because they're convinced the money will be used the right way to put out a team we're proud of although I hope that is the case.

I've never had a problem facing up to yam mates on the cup final loss - there are reasons that happened (not ones I think should have been allowed but reasons nonetheless). Crap as it was it's part of life as a football fan.

The idea of facing up to yam mates because Hibernian Football Club ceased to be as a result of apathy and infighting with the fans fills me with dread.
They were a bawhair away from disappearing quite a few times and much as it galls me to say it - they pulled their fingers out and saved their club.

At the moment Hibs are in deep, deep trouble - a bad season this year could finish us or at least finish us as anything relevant in the Scottish game.

Everyone demanding change - and God knows we all realise it's needed - has to remember that Hibs need to still exist in order for there to be something to change.

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 07:49 AM
A few things on this...Firstly, there is clearly a great amount of resentment and distrust created between the club and the fans. Not just because of the relegation, but because of major let downs over the last few years. Relegation has simply brought it much more to the surface. As a result of that it has given rise to a very negative agenda. Some of it understandable letting of steam and anger and frustration. Some of it manipulated. I know for a fact (there I said it), that a number of posters have been encouraged to continue the upset and negativity on this board. Those groups (more than one) who are interested in regime change, recognise that continued unsettlement at our club will be good for their case. As a result they have encouraged their family and friends to keep up the pressure through social media. It creates a horrible, disengaging feeling around the MB just now.

Moving forward, the club also need to help us. They have done that, I believe, in the key appointments of late. I'm actually quite excited about Stubbs as our boss. Sure there are risks, but he has a good pedigree and the right mindset. A few key steps would help a lot. Firstly, some decent players in - If we can sign 6 or 7 additions that improve on what we had last year, and in that a few players that get us excited - then that will help the positive chat on this board.

Secondly, do something about value for the fans. As they are not changing the season ticket price, give us some added value for buying the ST. A discount card and maybe 2-3 kids tickets for the season. Just enough to show that they care and are listening.

Two more things, let's start winning some games, in particular winning some big games. I know it's a noddy cup, but turning over that mob at Ibrox in the noddy cup would be a small start to feel good about this team again, as well as giving us some hope for the season.

Finally, give us the biggest symbolic change we need. Petrie to resign from our board as the transition to Leann completes. That will set a new tone and one that can make us look forward rather than back.

Glory Glory...

Can't disagree with any of that,,especially the last point !

Negativity is hard to get away from as a large number of fans feel badly let down over a period of time. Every season I go to the first game full of optimism and then after a while feel that disappointment when it becomes Groundhog Day!

I loved the Mowbray era not just the fact we won games but the exciting talent and the way be played! The ball zipped around the park with players eager to get forward and be creative! Yes we did lose a fair number of goals despite Mowbray being a defender but it was exciting to watch!

All any of us want is a fast flowing team with excitement and a run against Hearts over a few seasons would be high on my agenda!

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 07:52 AM
The Season Ticket sales scare the crap out of me - especially the fact they've "all but dried up" according to Leeann Dempster.

I don't think anyone should buy one because they think it's good value.
I don't think anyone should buy one to indicate they're happy with being relegated or because they're happy with how the club was (or even is) run.
I don't think anyone should buy one because they're convinced the money will be used the right way to put out a team we're proud of although I hope that is the case.

I've never had a problem facing up to yam mates on the cup final loss - there are reasons that happened (not ones I think should have been allowed but reasons nonetheless). Crap as it was it's part of life as a football fan.

The idea of facing up to yam mates because Hibernian Football Club ceased to be as a result of apathy and infighting with the fans fills me with dread.
They were a bawhair away from disappearing quite a few times and much as it galls me to say it - they pulled their fingers out and saved their club.

At the moment Hibs are in deep, deep trouble - a bad season this year could finish us or at least finish us as anything relevant in the Scottish game.

Everyone demanding change - and God knows we all realise it's needed - has to remember that Hibs need to still exist in order for there to be something to change.

Hibs won't be in trouble financially and cease to exist even if we have a bad season! Rest of your points fair enough!

whiskyhibby
04-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Have to completely agree, the consolation is I suspect the majority are Yam trolls, but there will be some true Hibs fans in the mix, to them I say we have a new CEO, a new Manager both of whom were very highly thought of before arriving at Hibs, I trust them to get the team and club back to where it ought to be and so should you, it's easy to moan, much harder to roll your sleeves up ( in a financial sense) and back the club, but that's what we need to do as a fans group if we want the club to be at the forefront of Scottish football again......keep the faith I say!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beefster
04-07-2014, 07:55 AM
On the plus side for me, all the little girly bitching on here has forced me to the opposite end of the scale. Hibs are getting the benefit of the doubt with just about everything.

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 07:58 AM

Glory Glory...
If indeed there are donkeys on here doing the dirty work for folk who have personal gripes and twisted agendas with Hibs (an ex-player with an axe to grind with Petrie instantly springs to mind) who's goal is to unite us all under a crowd of negativity then I'm disgusted with that to be honest. It isn't going to wok, it will create more divisions within the support and we'll be in an even wors state than we already are. It's folk looking out for themselves rather than the club and these idiots should be named and shamed.

All of selfish, faceless and cowardly in equal measures though hardly surprising.

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 07:59 AM
On the plus side for me, all the little girly bitching on here has forced me to the opposite end of the scale. Hibs are getting the benefit of the doubt with just about everything.

I might join you but that's too scary to contemplate :greengrin

Beefster
04-07-2014, 08:01 AM
I might join you but that's too scary to contemplate :greengrin

Ha! Hibs nipped into my garden yesterday and did a mahoosive dump on my prize duck house. I just shrugged and said "it'll be fine".

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 08:04 AM
If indeed there are donkeys on here doing the dirty work for folk who have personal gripes and twisted agendas with Hibs (an ex-player with an axe to grind with Petrie instantly springs to mind) who's goal is to unite us all under a crowd of negativity then I'm disgusted with that to be honest. It isn't going to wok, it will create more divisions within the support and we'll be in an even wors state than we already are. It's folk looking out for themselves rather than the club and these idiots should be named and shamed.

All of selfish, faceless and cowardly in equal measures though hardly surprising.

Sean, your opening post was good and made me think and I should maybe feel more positive! Yes I'm depressed about what's happened and fed up,,but time to be positive and hope for change!

However, this post is outrageous and completely over the top! Whether you agree with the Petrie for change or not is down to you! You don't have to agree but you have insulted adults who can formulate there own minds when deciding something they think it's right. It's not all about following an ex player,,so the players that showed there support at the rally such as Stanton, macnamara, weir, mcdonald are they idiots as well!

Have a word with yourself!

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Ha! Hibs nipped into my garden yesterday and did a mahoosive dump on my prize duck house. I just shrugged and said "it'll be fine".

Happy Friday, you've just cheered me right up!:top marks

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Sean, your opening post was good and made me think and I should maybe feel more positive! Yes I'm depressed about what's happened and fed up,,but time to be positive and hope for change!

However, this post is outrageous and completely over the top! Whether you agree with the Petrie for change or not is down to you! You don't have to agree but you have insulted adults who can formulate there own minds when deciding something they think it's right. It's not all about following an ex player,,so the players that showed there support at the rally such as Stanton, macnamara, weir, mcdonald are they idiots as well!

Have a word with yourself!

What, so encouraging negativity on a forum while they sit back and watch the fallout is gonna move us forward? Gotcha.

green&left
04-07-2014, 08:20 AM

Its not just one season though or a few games towards the end of last season, its been the last 6-7+ seasons so hardly surprising in the slightest people are rightly pissed off. We're playing our first game tomorrow that's meant to prepare us for our new season and havn't even got a *** goalkeeper. Clubs a shambles at the moment and that's a fact.

I got my season ticket back in March/April and will attend home and away everyweek like I also do but in all honesty at this particular time not one single f*** is being given for next season bar maybe a few new piss-ups.

erin go bragh
04-07-2014, 08:21 AM

Spot on Sean .

Ggtth

number 27
04-07-2014, 08:26 AM
What, so encouraging negativity on a forum while they sit back and watch the fallout is gonna move us forward? Gotcha.

So you have chosen to believe that negativity on here is not genuine but is in fact some sort of evil plan being encouraged by Paul Kane (lets be honest you implied it was him but didn't have the guts to name him).

Are you sure that is what is going on? sounds like nonsense to me.

green&left
04-07-2014, 08:30 AM
So you have chosen to believe that negativity on here is not genuine but is in fact some sort of evil plan being encouraged by Paul Kane (lets be honest you implied it was him but didn't have the guts to name him).

Appears to have changed has mind and views some-what also...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284724-Meeting-between-Petrie-and-HSA-Friday-Press-Conference&p=4036708&highlight=#post4036708

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284864-Protest-outside-Easter-Road-against-Rod-Petrie-Saturday-7th-June-at-11-30&p=4044876&highlight=#post4044876

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285253-Please-take-lots-of-videos-of-the-protest&p=4051313&highlight=#post4051313

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 08:30 AM

Are you sure that is what is going on? sounds like nonsense to me.Well the poster I quoted said he knew 'for a fact' that posting negativity on the messageboard was being encouraged by groups so make your own mind up on that one.

bigwheel
04-07-2014, 08:35 AM

Actually , I'm sure a vast majority of the negative views are natural and reflect how people feel . I can tell you though, that after our relegation and the weeks that followed people were Actively being encouraged to keep up the disenchantment on this board . I was told of this as part of a wider conversation with people involved . I also want to state it was not Kano"a group , but another that has been doing work behind the scenes raising funds and support for a takeover move . I'm sure though Kano"a group, which is based on fans support , would not be adverse to frustrations continuing on this board

To be clear , I am not suggesting that is the one, or even main , reason behind the negativity - but it is a tactic that has been used to continue to fuel it .

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 08:41 AM

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284724-Meeting-between-Petrie-and-HSA-Friday-Press-Conference&p=4036708&highlight=#post4036708
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?284864-Protest-outside-Easter-Road-against-Rod-Petrie-Saturday-7th-June-at-11-30&p=4044876&highlight=#post4044876

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285253-Please-take-lots-of-videos-of-the-protest&p=4051313&highlight=#post4051313
So I still think Petrie needs to go? Absolutely.

Is the new top bogging? Wee bit.

Am I pissed off with no new signings? You bet. I'm just no going to whine about it on the forum because it does us no good.

My opinion on all things Hibs haven't really changed, like many others I've simply grown sick and tired of all the in fighting, the bitching, positives being spun into negatives on every thread and incessant doom and gloom. As I've said a hundred times it's getting us nowhere, what is it about that you're struggling to comprehend?

Cute you've trawled back threads from weeks and weeks ago though when my feelings were very raw owing to our relrgation, shows you care. I'm flattered.

By the way, I suppose you've never got to a point when you've became sick of hearing the same old **** and thought you'd do something about it? You can carry on wallowing in self-pity but I'm done with it and am going to try and look for positives as opposed to twisting the knife in even further.

Of course things aren't going to get better, no new additions, we'll shift no more tickets and we'll be playing to crowds of under 6000 with a five-a-side team. Silly me!

Expecting Rain
04-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Sometimes you need to have a good rant, especially in the world of football which is corrupt to the core.

JimBHibees
04-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Absolutely spot on.

Lucius Apuleius
04-07-2014, 09:23 AM

I don't know if this makes me a contrary old git, but that is always my philosophy. People want to slag things down? Fine, the more they slag them, the more I defend them.

'mon the defenders!!!!!:greengrin

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 09:26 AM

So you didn't really give me the answer I was looking for so I will ask again:

Do you think that Pat Stanton and the other players mentioned plus the 1500 fans who turned up to hear what was being said are all idiots?

Secondly who are the people who are hiding in the background?

As I said your opening post was positive and though provoking and helped me think differently. However, call other fans idiots as they have a point of view is not rational.

I presume you where talking about Paul Kane, if so do you know him personally to know he has an agenda?

Hopefully you can clear this up from a guy who you inferred as an idiot!

Craig_HFC
04-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Excellent OP. Agree 100%.

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 09:46 AM
So you didn't really give me the answer I was looking for so I will ask again:

Do you think that Pat Stanton and the other players mentioned plus the 1500 fans who turned up to hear what was being said are all idiots?

Secondly who are the people who are hiding in the background?

As I said your opening post was positive and though provoking and helped me think differently. However, call other fans idiots as they have a point of view is not rational.

I presume you where talking about Paul Kane, if so do you know him personally to know he has an agenda?

Hopefully you can clear this up from a guy who you inferred as an idiot!

Read it again. The 'idiots' I was referring to (and that was childish of me calling them that) are those that are supposedly being used and envouraged to stir up negativity on the forum, as bigwheel alluded to. If that's the case then it's pathetic, letting the rot seep in deeper, taking us backwards and making Dempster's job harder. I don't think it's a point that is hard to get your head around so I'm unsure what you're struggling to grasp.

I never mentioned the rally, you plucked that out of nowhere. I had pals that went and probably would've went myself hadn't I been working. I mentioned in an earlier post what I thought regarding Petrie.

MB62
04-07-2014, 09:53 AM

For a start, I don't believe Hibs fans enjoy constantly moaning about our own club, although admittedly it does seem like that at times. As past editor of MHHM, there was nothing better than writing and receiving articles on slagging the yams and others, it made for a good read apart from anything else. However, the problem mostly seemed to be, there was nothing, or at least very little, positive to write about the club for a large part of the time and some years later, I would have to go as far as to say, things have only become worse.
To write things positive about our club, the club has to be giving us positive things to write about and I personally just don't see what that is.
As you say, the launch of the strip SHOULD have been something to get us talking positively about but not only was it being a chance missed, it has actually got us at each others throats again.
I could go on but have decided not to contribute any more negativity on this thread. I do hope the club though start getting things right extremely soon, as in NOW, so that we can all join in with a bit more positive feeling about Hibernian and the season ahead.
I eagerly await ANY sort of GOOD news.

RIP Bestie
04-07-2014, 10:07 AM

That's what makes this whole thread laughable.
it my have had some credibility if it had been started by someone who has consistently shown a level of positivity toward the club.
The double standards and short memory of Sean is something that makes me laugh and the insults, that he feels that he can direct at people who want to voice their concerns about what is going on, are in my view, not required.

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Read it again. The 'idiots' I was referring to (and that was childish of me calling them that) are those that are supposedly being used and envouraged to stir up negativity on the forum, as bigwheel alluded to. If that's the case then it's pathetic, letting the rot seep in deeper, taking us backwards and making Dempster's job harder. I don't think it's a point that is hard to get your head around so I'm unsure what you're struggling to grasp.

I never mentioned the rally, you plucked that out of nowhere. I had pals that went and probably would've went myself hadn't I been working. I mentioned in an earlier post what I thought regarding Petrie.

I suppose I plucked it out of nowhere as you suggested a former player had an agenda.

Which player and how do you know he has an agenda, do you know him personally to make that judgement?

Re the idiots thanks for clearing that up but I still dont think any Hibs fan who posts on here is an idiot! Just because they either have a contrasting view to others or feel that a forum is a place to vent that is there perogative. It certainly does not make them an idiot!

We should stick togther but have varying views which makes it healthy after all if we all followed a communist principle of everyone being equal but reality no one is then no one would voice an opinion.

Hibs.net is not representative of the total support but like a mori poll can be a guideline. The proof in the pudding is how season ticket sales, mechandising etc go and measure the fans we have lost due to what is happening.

WHUHibs
04-07-2014, 10:12 AM
That's what makes this whole thread laughable.
it my have had some credibility if it had been started by someone who has consistently shown a level of positivity toward the club.
The double standards and short memory of Sean is something that makes me laugh and the insults, that he feels that he can direct at people who want to voice their concerns about what is going on, are in my view, not required.:top marks

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Actually , I'm sure a vast majority of the negative views are natural and reflect how people feel . I can tell you though, that after our relegation and the weeks that followed people were Actively being encouraged to keep up the disenchantment on this board . I was told of this as part of a wider conversation with people involved . I also want to state it was not Kano"a group , but another that has been doing work behind the scenes raising funds and support for a takeover move . I'm sure though Kano"a group, which is based on fans support , would not be adverse to frustrations continuing on this board

To be clear , I am not suggesting that is the one, or even main , reason behind the negativity - but it is a tactic that has been used to continue to fuel it .

It's not me, honest! :paranoid:

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
The ball is in Hibs court, no amount of positivity or perseved negativity on here IMO matters. We are in a close season we need players it is the job of the club to do this as IMO we are way off the pace.

"man up" the only manning up needed is goalies,defenders,midfielder and forwards.

Thecat23
04-07-2014, 10:57 AM
So people like u and feel like you, what do you intend to do about it. Sit on here and berate others, send endless emails to LD??? Or should you all not get together and have some positive reaction to try and change things.....or would it be a disaster like everything else.

Club is soft as ***** and so is the fan base. If hibs were to do a hearts tomo, I'm not too sure we'd pull together like them. Far too many fractions, bitterness and snobbery about us

Who's berating? I was responding to others actually if you bothered reading. Also is this a Hibs forum were we can put valid points across to discuss?

Honestly this place is just a bomb scare it really is.

MrSmith
04-07-2014, 11:19 AM
I like the strip however, gonna end up paying around £70 for a training top? Its made by Nike and my problem with Nike is they use child labour and it doesn't take to much research to see what happens to some children who protest! Wish we had stayed away from Nike!

I am getting more positive about the coming season but can't get passed the state we are in on all levels.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I like the original post.

Pound for pound Hibs.net is in a worse state than the club.

Primarily, the site used to be a place to trade gossip and importantly, swap info about trips, pre-season, Euro GAMES, PLANES/trains/automobiles etc etc.

I hanker for the days when the excitable created outrage about unnecessary bulk purchasing of limited programmes at the Vetra away leg (I still get socially shunned on that one. Thank **** we never had twitter then) rather than everyone getting their pee in a steam about the sponsor logo on the shirts......

Many of our number appear on here simply to out-gob***** their fellow gob*****rs.

It's crap, boring, mundane, tedious and tells us **** ALL.

UNITE.

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 12:01 PM
I like the original post.

Primarily, the site used to be a place to trade gossip and importantly, swap info about trips, pre-season, Euro GAMES, PLANES/trains/automobiles etc etc.

I hanker for the days when the excitable created outrage about unnecessary bulk purchasing of limited programmes at the Vetra away leg (I still get socially shunned on that one. Thank **** we never had twitter then) rather than everyone getting their pee in a steam about the sponsor logo on the shirts......

Many of our number appear on here simply to out-gob***** their fellow gob*****rs.

It's crap, boring, mundane, tedious and tells us **** ALL.

UNITE.

In equal if not more measure are posts like this telling us how bad some psters are. Nobody is moaning they are giving their opinion. If there is gossip and rumour it still appears here as ever. Maybe we all hanker for the days you suggest that funnily enough usually went hand in hand with a decent team playing well.

Funny that the site isnt in your opinion as good as it used to be but neither is the team. Coincidence? The site by and large mirrors the club and teams going ons. Says it all for me.

Why don't you tell us something then?

Moaning about Hibs on a Hibs messageboard? Seems like a normal thing to do Moaning about folk moaning seems worse to me as at least talking about the club is relevant, telling me so so talks gob++++ in your words "tells us ++++ all" in fact it tells us even less than that. I have now replied to your post about other posters making this all totally irrelevant.

puff the dragon
04-07-2014, 12:14 PM

Any credability your post could have had ruined in the opening line. Why the need to use 'fans'?

Just because some supporters are of the opinion that everything that comes out of the club is Petrie spin doesn't make them not fans.

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years - therefore in your opinion I should stop going and paying that money as I'm not an actual fan.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 12:15 PM

Not it isn't. It's a reflection of the state that the club is in. If the club wasn't in this mess, Hibs.net wouldn't be in this mess either.

You can't expect people to just be positive, when there just isn't any logic to drive the positivity.

If Hibs start doing a u-turn where the playing side is concerned, then Hibs.net will do a u-turn as well.

Pretty Boy
04-07-2014, 12:16 PM

I don't believe that there are 'double agents' on here Sean, certainly not ones doing Paul Kanes bidding.

I could list almost every poster on here who attended the first 'Petrie out' meeting in the Hibs club and every single one of them is a genuine Hibs fan who has and/or does do a lot of good things for the club.

If there's another group I'm unaware off then I'd be disappointed.

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Not it isn't. It's a reflection of the state that the club is in. If the club wasn't in this mess, Hibs.net wouldn't be in this mess either.

You can't expect people to just be positive, when there just isn't any logic to drive the positivity.

If Hibs start doing a u-turn where the playing side is concerned, then Hibs.net will do a u-turn as well.

I agree with what you say and said similar earlier but I do disagree with "Hibs.net wouldn't be in this mess". Hibs.net isnt in a mess at all it is as I would expect it to be at this juncture. People are posting their thoughts on a team that was relegated, so I do not understand what sort of things are supposed to be going on here for the site then to be "normal".

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 12:27 PM
I agree with what you say and said similar earlier but I do disagree with "Hibs.net wouldn't be in this mess". Hibs.net isnt in a mess at all it is as I would expect it to be at this juncture. People are posting their thoughts on a team that was relegated, so I do not understand what sort of things are supposed to be going on here for the site then to be "normal".

I mean "mess" in terms of all of the anger and bickering thats going on between fans. I never said it wasn't normal. But coming on here is still a headache, even if it is justifiable.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Yes it is.
Criticism is one thing.
Using the forum to repeatedly drive angst and sarcasm down the throats of others is something else
And it is prevalent.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't believe that there are 'double agents' on here Sean, certainly not ones doing Paul Kanes bidding.

I could list almost every poster on here who attended the first 'Petrie out' meeting in the Hibs club and every single one of them is a genuine Hibs fan who has and/or does do a lot of good things for the club.

If there's another group I'm unaware off then I'd be disappointed.

The illumi.neti. Surely you've heard of them by now? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 12:34 PM
In equal if not more measure are posts like this telling us how bad some psters are. Nobody is moaning they are giving their opinion. If there is gossip and rumour it still appears here as ever. Maybe we all hanker for the days you suggest that funnily enough usually went hand in hand with a decent team playing well.

Funny that the site isnt in your opinion as good as it used to be but neither is the team. Coincidence? The site by and large mirrors the club and teams going ons. Says it all for me.

Why don't you tell us something then?

Moaning about Hibs on a Hibs messageboard? Seems like a normal thing to do Moaning about folk moaning seems worse to me as at least talking about the club is relevant, telling me so so talks gob++++ in your words "tells us ++++ all" in fact it tells us even less than that. I have now replied to your post about other posters making this all totally irrelevant.

I never singled out posters and wouldn't.
You know who they are and the medium is tedium.

There is nothing, at this moment, to be gained from reading Hibs.net other than a sore head.

Tell you something?
I'm setting off for Innerleithen at half 1 and I'm taking my mother-in-law.
Christ, she can moan.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Yes it is.
Criticism is one thing.
Using the forum to repeatedly drive angst and sarcasm down the throats of others is something else
And it is prevalent.

Sarcasm comes from both sides of the fence, so does jumping down the throats of others who have a differing opinion to yourself.

If you're one of the posters who downright refuses to criticise the club in any way, then you're RP in disguise or have a STF shrine tucked away in your basement.

If you're one of the posters who will criticise the club from every angle, then you're an "idiot", a "yam", "no a real supporter"....etc

The bickering of Hibs.net is a result of the team performing poorly. If the team weren't performing poorly, there would be very little to criticise and those who won't criticise the club at all, would have very little to get upset about as there would be far less criticising going on.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 12:36 PM
I mean "mess" in terms of all of the anger and bickering thats going on between fans. I never said it wasn't normal. But coming on here is still a headache, even if it is justifiable.

Agreed.

Don't know why you would want a headache though, justified or otherwise.

Keith_M
04-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I think the OP is in need of an explanation of the word 'Apathy'...... "lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern".

The problem is that most people are the opposite, they care TOO much.

Also, disagreeing with decisions made by some people at Hibs does not necessarily imply 'twisting' anything.

Surely we are allowed to disagree if we do so calmly and logically?

:dunno:

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Sarcasm comes from both sides of the fence, so does jumping down the throats of others who have a differing opinion to yourself.

If you're one of the posters who downright refuses to criticise the club in any way, then you're RP in disguise or have a STF shrine tucked away in your basement.

If you're one of the posters who will criticise the club from every angle, then you're an "idiot", a "yam", "no a real supporter"....etc

The bickering of Hibs.net is a result of the team performing poorly. If the team weren't performing poorly, there would be very little to criticise and those who won't criticise the club at all, would have very little to get upset about as there would be far less criticising going on.

Now then.
Where did I say any of that?

No matter the subject of a thread some bugger will leap in with Petrie / Butcher / Leaanne / Seasons / Strips / Nae goalies ad nauseum.
Bickering (definition being a needless debate?) can easily be stopped by just shutting the **** up instead of bickering. That's what I think.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Now then.
Where did I say any of that?

No matter the subject of a thread some bugger will leap in with Petrie / Butcher / Leaanne / Seasons / Strips / Nae goalies ad nauseum.
Bickering (definition being a needless debate?) can easily be stopped by just shutting the **** up instead of bickering. That's what I think.

Where did I say that you did say that? :greengrin I'm simply pointing out the way that it is on here at the moment.

If people simply "shutted the **** up" as you put it, then there really wouldn't be much to talk about and this place would be dead.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I keep saying it, but here we go again. Give me something to cheer and i'm at the front of the queue, give me something to be positive about and i'm happy. Go on Hibs give me one reason to be upbeat, just one.

Please.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Where did I say that you did say that? :greengrin I'm simply pointing out the way that it is on here at the moment.

If people simply "shutted the **** up" as you put it, then there really wouldn't be much to talk about and this place would be dead.

So you want the bickering to continue? I want it to stop and the bickerers to shut the **** up. I believe that to be the sentiment of the OP.
:greengrin

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
So you want the bickering to continue? I want it to stop and the bickerers to shut the **** up. I believe that to be the sentiment of the OP.

Quit your bickering then. :wink:

Bishop Hibee
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I keep saying it, but here we go again. Give me something to cheer and i'm at the front of the queue, give me something to be positive about and i'm happy. Go on Hibs give me one reason to be upbeat, just one.

Please.

I pretty much agree with this although I am content with Dempster and Stubbs so far. The club we love is still a mess in many ways on and off the pitch though. And I have an ST for the upcoming season.

--------
04-07-2014, 01:16 PM

And some even try to keep an open mind and judge things on how they are at the moment.

There's a massive difference between a heat of the moment reaction, which most of us have been guilty of at some point, and the very deliberate effort of a few to find negativity in absolutely everything.

The main reason I want to hear that RP has left the building finally and for ever is the state of the club as it is right now. My desire for him to GO and not come back remains. I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. That doesn't mean that everything LD's trying to do should be rubbished - as a lot of folks on here seem determined to do. I know at least one former regular who's absolutely clear - one main reason he doesn't come now (or even post on this website) is that he sees no enjoyment or purpose in sharing his personal space or cyberspace with the sort of whingers populating the stands and forums associated with Hibs at present. I tend to agree with him.

I remember an England-Scotland game years ago. Scotland lost 3-1 or 4-1 when they had been expected to do well. Half-way through the second half the Scots in Wembley (80% of the crowd) all started singing "If you hate Bobby Brown (the Scotland manager) clap your hands". It went on and on and on. Brown wasn't a very good manager, and he was a former Rangers goalkeeper as well, but he didn't deserve that. He was gone within the week, IIRC.

That was an easy one. Brown didn't own the SFA, or the Scotland team. He was a paid employee. It's a bit trickier when the guy you "hate" owns 10% of the club. Hibs fans have happily agreed to the present ownership arrangements. We've even gloated over the troubles and travails of our neighbours across the city in regard to THEIR former owner, never slow to point out how much better the arrangements at ER were to those existing at Tynecastle. Well, all that gloating's coming back to haunt us. Egg on face doesn't start to cover it - more like drowned in a deluge of chicken****.

And as the Yanquis say, we're just going to have to suck it up and get on with life.

But it does seem to me that LD has at least made a decent start at cleaning up the mess and she deserves time and support as she does so.

She took post on the 1st of June. It's now the 4th of July. Five weeks and the knives are out - that's pretty extreme even for the uber-whingers we so know and love. Do they REALLY think she should have had the whole sorry mess sorted out by now?

Do they REALLY think?

"A chunk of our support (and indeed they're well-represented on this forum) are without a doubt the most petulant, unforgiving, fickle and narrow-minded followers in Scotland and it's doing my head in. The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. There's just no pleasing them, they'll twist any news from the club to suit their own agendas. It's absolutely pathetic. I'm as fed up and pissed off as anyone with the current plight but feeling sorry for ourselves, going round in circles bickering with each other and nit-picking every single thing the club says and does is only taking us in one direction, which certainly ain't forward."

Nice one, Sean - wish I'd written that myself. :top marks

IWasThere2016
04-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Exactly right :agree:

IMO the scale and strength of the negativity on this forum is simply a reflection of the parallel demise of Hibernian FC and the resurrection of HMFC. The perceived change in fortunes of both clubs since March is nothing short of astonishing and many Hibs fans are still struggling to come to terms with this. It has been a long time since we had any decent good news coming out of ER. Until that changes, things will only get worse as we see other clubs like The Rangers and Hearts bring in players and prep for the campaign ahead.

The ball is in Hibs court, no amount of positivity or perseved negativity on here IMO matters. We are in a close season we need players it is the job of the club to do this as IMO we are way off the pace.

"man up" the only manning up needed is goalies,defenders,midfielder and forwards.

Two fine posts - as was The Cat's and I agree with Blackpool also. Time for action Hibs - get a move on ffs!

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
I never singled out posters and wouldn't.
You know who they are and the medium is tedium.

There is nothing, at this moment, to be gained from reading Hibs.net other than a sore head.

Tell you something?
I'm setting off for Innerleithen at half 1 and I'm taking my mother-in-law.
Christ, she can moan.

At least folk who are in your opinion being "tedious" are doing so at team/club whatever which has far more relevance. What exactly are posts calling others tedious or gob++++ offereing? Getting something off your own chest for you perhaps? Maybe like some fans on here want to do regarding club?

marinello59
04-07-2014, 02:08 PM
At least folk who are in your opinion being "tedious" are doing so at team/club whatever which has far more relevance. What exactly are posts calling others tedious or gob++++ offereing? Getting something off your own chest for you perhaps? Maybe like some fans on here want to do regarding club?

Get something off their chest? How many times do you repeat something to your wife or workmates when you want to get something off your chest? Once, twice or over and over again for months on end no matter what topic you are discussing at the time. It is tedious and adds nothing to what is supposed to a pleasurable place to pass the time with fellow Hibs fans.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Get something off their chest? How many times do you repeat something to your wife or workmates when you want to get something off your chest? Once, twice or over and over again for months on end no matter what topic you are discussing at the time. It is tedious and adds nothing to what is supposed to a pleasurable place to pass the time with fellow Hibs fans.

Things aren't being repeated. Hibs have continuously given us fresh reasons over the years to be angry and frustrated about.

This place isn't going to be pleasurable until the team are pleasurable to watch. Such is the nature of a football forum.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 02:37 PM

At least? What does that mean? This purgatory will benefit us?
I come on here for recreation.
Not to be constantly reminded how ***** Hibs are at EVERYTHING as I pay anything between £1000 - £2000 a year to witness that in the flesh.

I think my tenner a year for this platform allows me to ask someone to shut up if they are boring me. Like you are now.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Things aren't being repeated. Hibs have continuously given us fresh reasons over the years to be angry and frustrated about.

This place isn't going to be pleasurable until the team are pleasurable to watch. Such is the nature of a football forum.

Your good self and a few on here making sure of that. Away and get yer hole.

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 02:39 PM

You can speak to lots of people on here with a shared interest and make the same points to 10s of if not 100s of people with situations that are evolving. Nothing like discussing something with wife or workmate IMO. Does mentiong you find posts tedious help things or add anything either? I do not see how it does in respect to Hibs.

Ok its not pleasurable that folk moan are posts like yours making it better?

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I think my tenner a year for this platform allows me to ask someone to shut up if they are boring me. Like you are now.

It doesn't.

Which is why theres another forum you can use on here to get away from it if it's getting to you so much.

marinello59
04-07-2014, 02:43 PM
You can speak to lots of people on here with a shared interest and make the same points to 10s of if not 100s of people with situations that are evolving. Nothing like discussing something with wife or workmate IMO. Does mentiong you find posts tedious help things or add anything either? I do not see how it does in respect to Hibs.

Ok its not pleasurable that folk moan are posts like yours making it better?

Eh? :confused:

Captain Trips
04-07-2014, 02:46 PM
At least? What does that mean? This purgatory will benefit us?
I come on here for recreation.
Not to be constantly reminded how ***** Hibs are at EVERYTHING as I pay anything between £1000 - £2000 a year to witness that in the flesh.

This benfits us how? I do not care how much you pay, can I ask again how this above posts benefits Hibs?

You are free with you subscription to say whatever you like fine, you are also free to start a thread in a positive light in your opinion.

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Take it left by mutual consent really means binned?

number 27
04-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Take it left by mutual consent really means binned?

Certainly hope not. If that is the case it looks like clear censorship of anyone choosing to express discontent of the current situation at Hibs.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 02:55 PM
It doesn't.

Which is why theres another forum you can use on here to get away from it if it's getting to you so much.

It does.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Certainly hope not. If that is the case it looks like clear censorship of anyone choosing to express discontent of the current situation at Hibs.

I would agree as nearly 10,000 posts suggests a real interest.
Unless most of them have been along the same lines. no one, surely, comes on here to be bored ****less?

The Green Goblin
04-07-2014, 03:00 PM

There's a sticky at the top titled "Trolling". Two criteria: posting stuff designed to upset/provoke and repeating the same stuff constantly. I am on my phone, so I can't see who has "left" but possibly the admin thread at the top has something to do with it? Just a guess.

HNA12
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM

If that was the case then we would be losing several hundred posters tonight and at least half of the Admin team. Which won't be happening.

Pretty Boy
04-07-2014, 03:04 PM

Or maybe a reaction to a small number of posters repeating the same message time and again, hi-jacking other threads to do so, discouraging other members from contributing......

I'm discontented with how things are at Hibs, almost all of us are but I don't feel the need to try and drag every thread down regardless of subject matter. A warning was posted about trolling, if people choose to ignore it then they will be dealt with. Plenty of them have had several 'last' warnings already.

Mikey09
04-07-2014, 03:06 PM

Some people are not happy unless they are moaning mate. You know the ones on here. The usual suspects. Moan, moan ****ing moan..... It does my head in to mate but what can you do. Great post by the way..... :top marks

Lewis77
04-07-2014, 03:08 PM

This is a forum, a place were folks get to share their views regardless of what they may be. I will defend anyones right to do so unless personal attacks take place. Meaning you can say that someone is talking pish but not be disparaging about the person themselves! This is where folks over-step the mark and sadly there are those on here who do that. However they only do a discredit to themselves by doing so.

emerald green
04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm not saying there are Hibs fans who don't moan, but his board is infested by vermin as well. We get told off for using the LTYF, but I wish there was something we could do to get rid of some of the trolls that constantly start negative threads about Hibs.

:agree: I reacted to one of them and ended up getting a warning. Absolutely gutted about it.

Beefster
04-07-2014, 04:02 PM
:agree: I reacted to one of them and ended up getting a warning. Absolutely gutted about it.

The only thing to do with the Internet that ever left me gutted was when 'BigWobblyJubblies.com' appeared on Mrs Beefster's credit card statement. The cretins assured me it would show as 'Oxfam'.

emerald green
04-07-2014, 04:06 PM
The only thing to do with the Internet that ever left me gutted was when 'BigWobblyJubblies.com' appeared on Mrs Beefster's credit card statement. The cretins assured me it would show as 'Oxfam'.

:greengrin :aok:

04-07-2014, 04:15 PM
I agree with the OP. We all all understandably very disappointed and hurt by whats happened to our club and we quite rightly want answers and most importantly change. However, there seems to be a lot of people who seem to be trying to find a fault in just about everything. We are entering a whole new period with Dempter now at the helm in the board room, a new manager and eventually a new team.

The rebuilding of the club is not going to happen over night, whether we like it or not, it's going to be a long process and as frustrating as that may be I think thats how it should be. I dont wnt us rushing about, cobbling together any old team. I would rather we took a bit more time and made sure we were getting the right team together.

Whats done is done, we are relegated and it's so **** but no amount of moaning will change that so lets just put it behind us, get behind the club and give them all the support we can.

Sumner
04-07-2014, 04:25 PM
.. apathy you say?

I was going to go to the last AGM, stand up and demand answers.. but in the end I couldnae be @rsed

Smartie
04-07-2014, 05:26 PM
The constant negativity at Easter Road on matchdays really gets on my wick and has contributed to our downfall over the past few years imo. Other managers have referred to getting the fans on our players' backs and it was spectacular the way the self-belief drained from our players last season. IMO we need to buck up our ideas and show a bit of patience next year, even if it's not always rosy on the park.

Having said that, as a discerning punter I feel that I have the right to comment on what I feel the club are doing right or wrong whether I am well-informed or not. It's what being a fan is all about, and this place is a platform to do that. I am more than happy to give praise when it is merited - Hibs have done so much to make me happy over the years, we are all Hibs fans and would have chucked it if all they did was make us miserable.

The problem is that they are making a horse's hindquarters of absolutely everything at the moment and deserve every bit of criticism coming their way. If they had any sense they would develop a sense of self-awareness and understand and respond (with actions) to negative and positive feedback instead of seeming to carry on with the same old policies regardless. Whilst I disagree so strongly with so much that they do I will continue to criticise on here unashamed of the fact.

I welcome the appointment of LD - good move. I welcome the appointment of Alan Stubbs - good move. I welcome ditching so many of the players that let us down - good move.

I disagree with their policy on season tickets and think that the new strip is a travesty and bearing in mind that we're already facing tricky financial times I am gutted that we seem to miss opportunities to raise revenue and give Dempster and Stubbs the budget they need to get it right on the park.

Silencing dissenters on here is absolutely not the way to go. Happy clapping and unconditional backing only endorse what is going on and it is not what is required either.

This place is a great place to work through these frustrations but the time is coming that there will be a Hibs team on the park once more and regardless of the bitching and moaning that we might do on here, they must be backed in a far more positive way this season. And if the fans we've lost are the whiners and moaners then it might not even be a bad thing that our numbers are down.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 05:36 PM
I take it I am the only one who is content to sit back and wait until I see what actual team Stubbs manages to put out and how they perform. Is that being too simplistic?

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2014, 05:46 PM
The constant negativity at Easter Road on matchdays really gets on my wick and has contributed to our downfall over the past few years imo. Other managers have referred to getting the fans on our players' backs and it was spectacular the way the self-belief drained from our players last season. IMO we need to buck up our ideas and show a bit of patience next year, even if it's not always rosy on the park.

Having said that, as a discerning punter I feel that I have the right to comment on what I feel the club are doing right or wrong whether I am well-informed or not. It's what being a fan is all about, and this place is a platform to do that. I am more than happy to give praise when it is merited - Hibs have done so much to make me happy over the years, we are all Hibs fans and would have chucked it if all they did was make us miserable.

The problem is that they are making a horse's hindquarters of absolutely everything at the moment and deserve every bit of criticism coming their way. If they had any sense they would develop a sense of self-awareness and understand and respond (with actions) to negative and positive feedback instead of seeming to carry on with the same old policies regardless. Whilst I disagree so strongly with so much that they do I will continue to criticise on here unashamed of the fact.

I welcome the appointment of LD - good move. I welcome the appointment of Alan Stubbs - good move. I welcome ditching so many of the players that let us down - good move.

I disagree with their policy on season tickets and think that the new strip is a travesty and bearing in mind that we're already facing tricky financial times I am gutted that we seem to miss opportunities to raise revenue and give Dempster and Stubbs the budget they need to get it right on the park.

Silencing dissenters on here is absolutely not the way to go. Happy clapping and unconditional backing only endorse what is going on and it is not what is required either.

This place is a great place to work through these frustrations but the time is coming that there will be a Hibs team on the park once more and regardless of the bitching and moaning that we might do on here, they must be backed in a far more positive way this season. And if the fans we've lost are the whiners and moaners then it might not even be a bad thing that our numbers are down.

You've confused me nearly I think - easily done;)

So in a nutshell it's ok to whinge on here but it's not at ER. Ok. How do we fix it?

i dunno how we compere with other team forums (but who really cares?) but I do wonder the cause and effect of what seems to have been a torrent of negativity over a long while has - it permeates the club IMO. Allied to myths and rumours going unquoshed I think it's a recipe for a slippery slope.

Hopefully communication, a fresh outlook from management and players allied to some confidence boosting wins will set pus off on the right foot. Starting with the Rangers game would be good but I'll take VOL for now...

Saturday Boy
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
I take it I am the only one who is content to sit back and wait until I see what actual team Stubbs manages to put out and how they perform. Is that being too simplistic?

No, but you have a big post count, and appear to be able to take some flak, whereas new posters like me wouldn't dare. It's much safer doing French painter puns on the world cup match of the day thread. I'll wait and see what the new look team actually is.

Jonnyboy
04-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Not in the least :agree: It's the waiting to see that's got some folk in a lather :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 06:20 PM
No, but you have a big post count, and appear to be able to take some flak, whereas new posters like me wouldn't dare. It's much safer doing French painter puns on the world cup match of the day thread. I'll wait and see what the new look team actually is.

Don't let post counts concern you, everyone is treated the same.

Dashing Bob S
04-07-2014, 06:22 PM

Which is, quite frankly, bloody scandalous.

Saturday Boy
04-07-2014, 06:23 PM

True, but like football players, experience tells in knowing how to react. If that's not a bit too sensei and grasshopper.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Which is, quite frankly, bloody scandalous.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 06:29 PM
True, but like football players, experience tells in knowing how to react. If that's not a bit too sensei and grasshopper.

Experience comes from your life mate not this board, dependent on your age of course. Enjoy the banter :greengrin

Saturday Boy
04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Experience comes from your life mate not this board, dependent on your age of course. Enjoy the banter :greengrin

Thanks for the kind words. Just taken early retirement, so I no longer worry about what I'm going to do when I grow up, other than spend quality time on .net

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Just taken early retirement, so I no longer worry about what I'm going to do when I grow up, other than spend quality time on .net

:aok:

Lucius Apuleius
04-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Ha, in that case it istime we had a newly retired board for us young pensioners!

Saturday Boy
04-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Ha, in that case it istime we had a newly retired board for us young pensioners!

Sounds good, as long as it doesn't involve any early morning posts!

Jonnyboy
04-07-2014, 06:40 PM

Best gig I ever had. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm working on early retirement but seeing as I start a new job on Monday it's isn't happening anytime soon :greengrin

Not sure I could afford a ST at these prices if I retire too soon!

Saturday Boy
Best gig I ever had. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Cheers J. So far it's been great, looking forward to the 2pm Tuesday's at East Mains, though me and technology may rule out match updates.

HUTCHYHIBBY

Should call it "The nip and a half pint" forum.

Lucius Apuleius
Sounds good, as long as it doesn't involve any early morning posts!

Early morning posts are actually to be encouraged as longas you are still in bed and using the laptop or tablet whilst awaiting the wife bringing a cup of tea and a biscuit.

The_Horde
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Having now taken the time to read over this thread I've come to the natural conclusion that hibs.net should be shut down to non paid members until the season starts. It's the only logical solution. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
04-07-2014, 07:27 PM
;4086649']Having now taken the time to read over this thread I've come to the natural conclusion that hibs.net should be shut down to non paid members until the season starts. It's the only logical solution. :greengrin

You get PAID to post on hibs.net?!! Why have I never heard anything about this? Scandalous stuff. Petrie! Etc. Etc.

The Green Goblin
04-07-2014, 07:31 PM

I have been on this board for 12 years and was on the old one before that for 2 or 3 years, but if you consider how long that is measured against the number of my posts, then my posting average is absolute garbage. I don't know where I went wrong. I feel as if I have posted MILLIONS of posts but it never seems to creep any higher. I think the admins are lowering my post count and having a laugh at my expense. Either that or I dreamed about posting those posts and never actually did. The point being, as others have said, it really doesn't matter. Welcome (back) to the board and congrats on the retirement! :greengrin

The_Horde
04-07-2014, 07:36 PM
You get PAID to post on hibs.net?!! Why have I never heard anything about this? Scandalous stuff. Petrie! Etc. Etc.

Aye. The more positive posts you make the more you get paid.

Hence this site should be loaded soon as some posters must be on about -£100,000,000

Saturday Boy
04-07-2014, 07:50 PM
I have been on this board for 12 years and was on the old one before that for 2 or 3 years, but if you consider how long that is measured against the number of my posts, then my posting average is absolute garbage. I don't know where I went wrong. I feel as if I have posted MILLIONS of posts but it never seems to creep any higher. I think the admins are lowering my post count and having a laugh at my expense. Either that or I dreamed about posting those posts and never actually did. The point being, as others have said, it really doesn't matter. Welcome (back) to the board and congrats on the retirement! :greengrin

Thanks again for the encouragement. I've followed .net or many years, but my former employer was a bit nippy on internet access. It may be karma has just bit me on the a**e and I've just arrive when it's all gone **** skyward.

For what it's worth, the new top is much better in real life; I bought one
( a size bigger is recommended)

mjhibby
04-07-2014, 08:38 PM
The garbage that the Scotsman printed today regards hibs new strip sums up the attitude towards hibs. Normally the launch of the new strip leads to lots of views on it but according to the Scotsman supporters are upset and quote three people and then mention social media sites. It does sound like they have an agenda against us but the more worrying point is that that paper now seems to be a collection of stories taken from hibs.net and the likes.
A sad reflection of today's journalism and the fact they choose to run a negative story while other papers put out a much more positive slant shows that hibs are being done no favours by that publication. I'm sounding paranoid but god it's tough being a hibs fan right now with constant criticism of the club from our own fans and attacked by sections of the media. Infamy,infamy they have all got it informe..apologies to the carry on team.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 08:42 PM
The garbage that the Scotsman printed today regards hibs new strip sums up the attitude towards hibs. Normally the launch of the new strip leads to lots of views on it but according to the Scotsman supporters are upset and quote three people and then mention social media sites. It does sound like they have an agenda against us but the more worrying point is that that paper now seems to be a collection of stories taken from hibs.net and the likes.
A sad reflection of today's journalism and the fact they choose to run a negative story while other papers put out a much more positive slant shows that hibs are being done no favours by that publication. I'm sounding paranoid but god it's tough being a hibs fan right now with constant criticism of the club from our own fans and attacked by sections of the media. Infamy,infamy they have all got it informe..apologies to the carry on team.

Mate at the end of the day it's about watching football, if I got upset about the things you have mentioned I would give up I really would.

Winston Ingram
05-07-2014, 09:29 AM

Cracking post Sean

Caversham Green
05-07-2014, 11:00 AM

You're contradicting yourself there, and in doing so highlighting the point I think the op is trying to make. You've mentioned three moves made by the club that you believe to be good, so they clearly are not making a horse's hindquarters of absolutely everything. Furthermore, all the changes are fundamental ones, the bits they've got wrong since the end of the season are mostly superficial or will be fixed.

The problem is that these positives are being drowned out by repetitive complaints about anything and everything to do with the club - some are justified, some are spurious and some appear to be invented. The genuine complaints need to be aired, and I'm sorry to see some (but not all) of the dissenters being mutually consented, but when you make the same complaint over and over again it just becomes so much noise, particularly when it has already been addressed.

BTW, don't take this as an attack on you as a poster - your posts always appear to be well balanced.

#2 Double Tap
05-07-2014, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKoefjox9U4

These Fans?

Smartie
05-07-2014, 11:51 AM
You're contradicting yourself there, and in doing so highlighting the point I think the op is trying to make. You've mentioned three moves made by the club that you believe to be good, so they clearly are not making a horse's hindquarters of absolutely everything. Furthermore, all the changes are fundamental ones, the bits they've got wrong since the end of the season are mostly superficial or will be fixed.

The problem is that these positives are being drowned out by repetitive complaints about anything and everything to do with the club - some are justified, some are spurious and some appear to be invented. The genuine complaints need to be aired, and I'm sorry to see some (but not all) of the dissenters being mutually consented, but when you make the same complaint over and over again it just becomes so much noise, particularly when it has already been addressed.

BTW, don't take this as an attack on you as a poster - your posts always appear to be well balanced.

My post was a bit of a ramble and I accept that it was contradictory.

Lots was happening last week with the announcement on season ticket prices and the launch of the new strip, lots was also not appearing to happen on the transfer front so the horse's hindquarters comment was mainly in relation to the most recent events. These were particularly frustrating as the previous few moves by the club (the 3 that I mentioned) had seemed to be much, much better imo.

My point was just really to point out the value in this forum as a place to vent steam and if you feel critical of things the club are doing then to have somewhere to be critical in what can be a constructive way. I think that this forum is pretty representative of the views of the Hibs support as a whole, I'm sure Leeann will think so too, and I'm sure she'll cast a regular eye over here. This forum is quite a useful tool to indirectly communicate dissatisfaction (or satisfaction) with what the club are doing. Having seen several posters emptied who I had agreed with a lot over the past few days (posters who post a lot more regularly than I do) then you get a bit concerned about raising concerns without having a wee look over your shoulder.

Basically, my main point is that I think it is a lot less harmful to sound off on here than to do it at Easter Road, and we shouldn't seek to censor or temper the views of those who wish to criticise on this forum. I accept that a line has to be drawn somewhere.

This was never going to be an easy summer and we have a long way to go yet. But the place that the really nasty, vindictive criticism has its most negative impact is at Easter Road on match days and that's what I want to see stop.

--------
05-07-2014, 12:05 PM

Of course it is.

I prefer the irrational, visceral gut-reaction type thingy myself. Gets me into more trouble, though.

Well, most folks here think I'm a bloody pain in the arse already, but they ain't seen nothin yet. I retire next year - not early retirement, more like the "long overdue" kind according to most folks who know me.

BTW - did you finish that post with the phrase "quality time on .net"? No such thing boy, ah say, no such thing. Just the random ravings of the terminally insane.

Keith_M
05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Well, most folks here think I'm a bloody pain in the arse already....

Amen to that, buddy!

:wink:

--------
05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Amen to that, buddy!

:wink:

Thanks, mate. Some folks think it's because of my age and my job, but I like to think it's just because of my personality.

I AM a bloody pain in the arse.

And it's taken me 64 and a half years to get there, and I'm PROUD of it. :devil:

Dashing Bob S
05-07-2014, 01:25 PM

Fortunately it's only the Scotsman, which nobody reads, evidenced by their recent move from their custom built headquarters by the parliament to a broom cupboard in Orchyard Brae.

They will soon go from being a newspaper nobody reads to a website nobody looks at.

hibee_nation
05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Not bothered reading this thread after i saw it on the PM board as i knew it would go downhill but boy am i glad i did.

Admins 3 Moaning Gits 0

Mon the Admins ( are we still allowed to call you pricks ) :greengrin