PDA

View Full Version : For Crying Out Loud, Get Off Leeann and Alan's Backs!

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
The Moaning Minnies who bleat incessantly about our lack of signings would be the same ones to complain vociferously if we took on rubbish just for the sake of it. I see scant evidence to suggest that they are shilly-shallying on this issue, and have no doubts that pens will be committed to paper soon. In the meantime, let's just get on with supporting the ruddy club!

marinello59
03-07-2014, 02:22 PM
The Moaning Minnies who bleat incessantly about our lack of signings would be the same ones to complain vociferously if we took on rubbish just for the sake of it. I see scant evidence to suggest that they are shilly-shallying on this issue, and have no doubts that pens will be committed to paper soon. In the meantime, let's just get on with supporting the ruddy club!

:top marks

ekhibee
03-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Excellent points, quite right. I'll still moan about it though.:na na:

mcfly
03-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Hibs fans have supported the club consistently over the past 5-6 seasons and witnessed some of the most humiliating defeats in our history.

I think fans are fully right to be sceptical about what is going on, we are being asked to pay about £25 per game (which in my view is scandalous)

However we have a game sat and signed no one.

I will always support the team but will reserve judgement until I see some intent from the club to win back lost fans.

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Well said mate, im actually looking forward to this season, and ive a feeling we will see a couple of relatively exciting signings in the next week or so.

marinello59
03-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Hibs fans have supported the club consistently over the past 5-6 seasons and witnessed some of the most humiliating defeats in our history.

I think fans are fully right to be sceptical about what is going on, we are being asked to pay about £25 per game (which in my view is scandalous)

I will always support the team but will reserve judgement until I see some intent from the club to win back lost fans.

From positive to negative in just 4 posts. Good work guys. Let's try harder though and do this in three next time. :thumbsup:

le bill
03-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Well Said Bob!

Couldnt agree more.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 02:31 PM

Quiet you. We've moved onto the kit now. :na na:

Paloschi
03-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Agree totally that Alan needs time to sign players, good players that will improve us.

However my moaning and groaning is all directed at how long it took to sack TB. That is what has delayed everything else.

He should have been sacked on Leeann's first day. It was his problem that he chose to go on his holidays IMO. Leeann I think was maybe too concerned with PR/Media.

PatHead
03-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Thoroughly agree. As my mate put it this morning- we could sign Messi and someone would complain on .net that he isn't a goalie!

KdyHby
03-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Quiet you. We've moved onto the kit now. :na na:

Lagging behind, now comparing season ticket sales with the yams.

bingo70
03-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Agree totally that Alan needs time to sign players, good players that will improve us.

However my moaning and groaning is all directed at how long it took to sack TB. That is what has delayed everything else.

He should have been sacked on Leeann's first day. It was his problem that he chose to go on his holidays IMO. Leeann I think was maybe too concerned with PR/Media.

I agree.

I know I'm a moaning humpty ******* just now, if I was a woman most would assume I was on my bad week, however that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

We should have at least 1 new signing in place by now. Imo considering how many players we need I think it's inevitable we're going to start the season under prepared.

On top of that the players are playing in fruit if the loom t-shirts, pants and plim soles cos we can't afford proper kits.

Still at £400 a season ticket I can barely hide my excitement for next season.

Peevemor
03-07-2014, 02:38 PM

:aok:

Last Minute
03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I agree.

I know I'm a moaning humpty ******* just now, if I was a woman most would assume I was on my bad week, however that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

We should have at least 1 new signing in place by now. Imo considering how many players we need I think it's inevitable we're going to start the season under prepared.

On top of that the players are playing in fruit if the loom t-shirts, pants and plim soles cos we can't afford proper kits.

Still at £400 a season ticket I can barely hide my excitement for next season.

:aok::top marks

micksoo
03-07-2014, 02:48 PM

Agree - so fed up with all the negativity! I don't think it will matter who we sign, how much a ticket costs, who the manager is, who the assistant is and what the strip looks like WE won't be happy!

Lucius Apuleius
03-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Well said Bobby.

RIP
03-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Sanctimonious claptrap!! What is the point of a moaningboard if not to undermine the team, management, board and supporters? :cb

Social Media messgeboards used to be a way of celebrating our love for our club

7 years of underachievement, derisory football product, absence of leadership and atrocious financial stewardship have put paid to that :dead:

Northern Hibby
03-07-2014, 03:02 PM

£25 to see The Mighty Hibernian, Bargain that's who I pay to watch not the opposition, couldn't give a rats ass who we're playing.

Geo_1875
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM

That sounds like your judgement is very reserved.

Steve20
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
We have been relegated, haven't signed any players two days before our first friendly. We need about 8-10 players in, no assistant manager. I think people have a right to be concerned. Why shouldn't people voice their concerns on a message board? Or is it just a case of 'heads in the sands' again like last year, when anyone who dared suggest we might be in a playoff was shot down.

People don't moan if nothing's wrong. The club is a mess and sorry, nothing over the summer suggests that there making a serious push for winning this league.

But I'm just a moaning git. Not a 'real supporter'

Zazu62
03-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Well said . Get behind AS and LD , to many yams on this forum.

jacomo
03-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Given that we can't put together a full match day squad at the moment, almost any player selected blindly from the bargain bin would 'improve' us.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 03:15 PM
We have been relegated, haven't signed any players two days before our first friendly. We need about 8-10 players in, no assistant manager. I think people have a right to be concerned. Why shouldn't people voice their concerns on a message board? Or is it just a case of 'heads in the sands' again like last year, when anyone who dared suggest we might be in a playoff was shot down.

People don't moan if nothing's wrong. The club is a mess and sorry, nothing over the summer suggests that there making a serious push for winning this league.

hibseleven
03-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Agree.

jdships
03-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Thank You :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM

You're not a real Hibs fan, you're a yam at the wind up....etc.

But I agree with you.

Gerard
03-07-2014, 03:20 PM

We are all concerned about OUR CLUB. We have a new CEO and HC they will bring in the quality of players that we need to get promotion.We will also get the correct asst manager. I am not happy that this takes time to happen but understand the reality of our situation. I also want Mr Petrie to 'stand down' from our club that will also happen in due course.:wink::top marks:devil:

Gatecrasher
03-07-2014, 03:21 PM

HappyAsHellas
03-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Our club has been run in an atrocious manner in the past, and that's what it is - the past. I very much doubt turning this once rudderless ship around was going to happen in a month or two. LD and AS need our support now and in the future - to build for the future. For those in any doubt that starts tomorrow, and I find myself honestly looking forward to a season for the first time in many years. Could it be any rosier, why I very much doubt it.

Last Minute
03-07-2014, 03:23 PM

:aok::top marks

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 03:26 PM

How dare you voice you're concern!!! ;)

Borderhibbie76
03-07-2014, 03:34 PM
I don't call concern over no signings "moaning". Its shocking that we are now into July and dont have a first team squad...its nearly 2 months since we were relegated. Meanwhile our 3 main rivals for promotion (Inc Falkirk) have all stolen a march in terms of bedding new signings in early. No wonder we are concerned. ..our club is a mess right now and the ST prices announcement could not have come at a worse time. ..they might have pushed thru a signing or 2 before demanding more cash from us!! So much for the winds of change...looks more like same old same old to me so far this summer!! Am fully behind LD and Stubbs and hope they turn this around but they need to get a serious shift on...

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 03:35 PM
We are all concerned about OUR CLUB. We have a new CEO and HC they will bring in the quality of players that we need to get promotion.We will also get the correct asst manager. I am not happy that this takes time to happen but understand the reality of our situation. I also want Mr Petrie to 'stand down' from our club that will also happen in due course.:wink::top marks:devil:

Gerard, you post exactly the same post every season, have you ever been right?

marinello59
03-07-2014, 03:50 PM

There's thread after thread after thread on here jam packed with moaning so I fail to see your point other than it gives you a chance to slag off others for having their heads in the sand etc. Whilst having yet another whinge of course. Any attempt at positivity at the moment is shot down straightaway by the same people.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 03:57 PM
There's thread after thread after thread on here jam packed with moaning so I fail to see your point other than it gives you a chance to slag off others for having their heads in the sand etc. Whilst having yet another whinge of course. Any attempt at positivity at the moment is shot down straightaway by the same people.

What do you expect after 7 years of abject failure and the inevitable relegation?

False positivity gets knackering after a while which is why only a minority are left giving the same "be positive" and "be patient" mantra.

It'd down to the club and the club alone now to change the way the fans are feeling. Most of us are too far gone to pick ourselves up again for no reason.

Billychaotic182
03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Its a pain that we have no new signings and we have a game in 2 days but I'd rather we took the time to get the right players in to get us sorted. If we cant get the right players then we worry

mcfly
03-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Agree 100% - I was being real in my 1st post and got criticised for being negative.

All for looking forward to new season but I feel fans are being taken for granted.

All I want is for hibs to show intent, sign some quality players.

It is not the fans fault money was wasted on dross so why do we have to pay for prev mistakes.

Dublin07
03-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Thoroughly agree. As my mate put it this morning- we could sign Messi and someone would complain on .net that he isn't a goalie!

Aye your right according to the drama queens on here he would be too wee, one footed, no the kind of striker we need, no as good as the players the cheats have signed, no signed in time for preseason so no fit enough and finally but most importantly he would look crap in the worst strip in the history if football anywhere and that is 100% fact.

Top Pans Hibby
03-07-2014, 04:17 PM
I don't think supporters are moaning directly at Dempster or Stubbs, indeed the vast majority of supporters will be wishing them all the luck and success in the world.

However that doesn't take away the fact that Hibs have been rudderless for 5 / 6 years now and as things currently stand we still see no proper or documented long term strategy for the Club.

Supporters are venting their frustration and anger at Petrie & Farmer. Unfortunately it would appear that both Dempster and Stubbs are caught in the crossfire. Coupled with the ongoing debacle re (lack of) signings, season tickets, frustration over Petrie and the "rawness" of our horrific relegation, it is only to be expected.

Personally I feel as if Hibs have kicked the stuffing from me. I'm still battling with myself to renew my ST. The recent announcements from Easter Road have not helped.

marinello59
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
What do you expect after 7 years of abject failure and the inevitable relegation?

False positivity gets knackering after a while which is why only a minority are left giving the same "be positive" and "be patient" mantra.

It'd down to the club and the club alone now to change the way the fans are feeling. Most of us are too far gone to pick ourselves up again for no reason.

Are you being serious here? Grown men can't pick themselves up to get show any port of positivity towards the football club they love. Dearie me. :faf:

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 04:20 PM
I really can't blame anyone for the way the club have treated the fans over several years. Yet we keep getting told to shut up and back the side.

I have backed it I've bought my ST and fully behind the new manager.

I am worried that we have no keeper right now or any quality for that matter. So since folk are having a go at us let me also say a couple of things.

The folk who are telling everyone to calm down a good few are the same ones who told us to chill out with the Petrie bashing. The same folk who for me are happy with settling for pish year after year and the same folk who's head are so firmly rammed into the sand it would take forever to remove.

We have every right to be worried. The strips, the marketing, the board, the team, the way they simply do things.

Hibs get your arse in gear FFS or lose even more fans and continue on the downward spiral. Or am I imagining the dwindling crowds? If folk can't see this fine I know I can and it worries me.

brog
03-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Where does the 7 years of abject failure come from? In the first 3 of those years we were top 6 each time including IIRC 4th twice. I suspect you're saying 7 years because we won a trophy in 2007. If that's your criteria then we've had much longer periods of abject failure in the past, eg the 19 years from 1972 to 1991 when we only beat Yams 7-0. Oh, & if you believed relegation was inevitable I assume you're a rich man now having gone to the bookies with this sure-fire bet. I'm sorry to pick on you, there's many worse posters out there but I agree 100% with DBS. We don't need negative propaganda re Hibs from the Yams, we do it all to ourselves. I'm still hurting as well but we need to move forward now.

johnrebus
03-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I really can't blame anyone for the way the club have treated the fans over several years. Yet we keep getting told to shut up and back the side.

I have backed it I've bought my ST and fully behind the new manager.

I am worried that we have no keeper right now or any quality for that matter. So since folk are having a go at us let me also say a couple of things.

The folk who are telling everyone to calm down a good few are the same ones who told us to chill out with the Petrie bashing. The same folk who for me are happy with settling for pish year after year and the same folk who's head are so firmly rammed into the sand it would take forever to remove.

We have every right to be worried. The strips, the marketing, the board, the team, the way they simply do things.

Hibs get your arse in gear FFS or lose even more fans and continue on the downward spiral. Or am I imagining the dwindling crowds? If folk can't see this fine I know I can and it worries me.

**** it. I hate having to agree with people.

:agree:

Gerard
03-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Gerard, you post exactly the same post every season, have you ever been right?

As we have a new CEO who comes from a football background that is a first so let's see what happens. In most seasons I have been unhappy with the football we have played and the lack of success. This is my first season where I have wanted Mr Petrie to stand down from OUR CLUB. Perhaps I might be right or lucky this year:wink:
PS Like many people there is a limit to the time we will watch a football team that is not successful.

R'Albin
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm just bored of being concerned about what is happening at Hibs. I could be concerned at the fact we have an unproven manager who doesn't have an assistant, or a, erm, first team but I would rather see it as exciting. We're going to be treated to a load of transfers in the next few weeks because of this and I can't help but be excited by that. Then, with our new players and manager, we're going to be facing teams whom we haven't faced in years - and we won't have the usual dull SPL encounters that I've found myself completely bored with over the last few years. I should probably be concerned with where we are at the moment but I just can't help but be excited by it.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM

I really wish the people constantly moaning about the people constantly moaning would just do one and let the rest of us enjoy wallowing in our misery.

Oh aye and....

Happy Clapper Alert!

:na na:

Lago
03-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Agree - so fed up with all the negativity! I don't think it will matter who we sign, how much a ticket costs, who the manager is, who the assistant is and what the strip looks like WE won't be happy!

Yip seems to be a death wish on here re all things hibs.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
We dont sign anyone remotely like Messi, but we do sign players like Vine and Nelson, McGivern and Craig, Collins and Done, and Soares, Doherty and the list goes on and on and on...............................

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Where does the 7 years of abject failure come from? In the first 3 of those years we were top 6 each time including IIRC 4th twice. I suspect you're saying 7 years because we won a trophy in 2007. If that's your criteria then we've had much longer periods of abject failure in the past, eg the 19 years from 1972 to 1991 when we only beat Yams 7-0. Oh, & if you believed relegation was inevitable I assume you're a rich man now having gone to the bookies with this sure-fire bet. I'm sorry to pick on you, there's many worse posters out there but I agree 100% with DBS. We don't need negative propaganda re Hibs from the Yams, we do it all to ourselves. I'm still hurting as well but we need to move forward now.

Propaganda is when misleading information is used to fool people into believing something that isn't. Thats exactly what the club has been doing. Promising us real changes. Yet season after season you can't help but see the same similarities in the way things are done, which ultimately accounts for our downfall.

Even with a new CEO and manager, we're still hanging around waiting for something that will actually make us a team again.

I'm sure Stubbs didn't come here without a pre-list of players that he felt could do a job for us in the championship. Yet we're still waiting to here something, anything that will give us just a wee glimmer of hope for next season.

hibs0666
03-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Propaganda is when misleading information is used to fool people into believing something that isn't. Thats exactly what the club has been doing. Promising us real changes. Yet season after season you can't help but see the same similarities in the way things are done, which ultimately accounts for our downfall.

Even with a new CEO and manager, we're still hanging around waiting for something that will actually make us a team again.

I'm sure Stubbs didn't come here without a pre-list of players that he felt could do a job for us in the championship. Yet we're still waiting to here something, anything that will give us just a wee glimmer of hope for next season.

Aye but where does 7 years of abject failure come from?

Feed McGraw
03-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Where does the 7 years of abject failure come from? In the first 3 of those years we were top 6 each time including IIRC 4th twice. I suspect you're saying 7 years because we won a trophy in 2007. If that's your criteria then we've had much longer periods of abject failure in the past, eg the 19 years from 1972 to 1991 when we only beat Yams 7-0. Oh, & if you believed relegation was inevitable I assume you're a rich man now having gone to the bookies with this sure-fire bet. I'm sorry to pick on you, there's many worse posters out there but I agree 100% with DBS. We don't need negative propaganda re Hibs from the Yams, we do it all to ourselves. I'm still hurting as well but we need to move forward now. Come on man, TOP 6 !!!!?? Its not exactly hire the open top bus type success is it ? A club Hibs size in this mediocre 12 team league should be in the top 6 every year. Since 2007 after we won the league cup things have gone dramatically downhill, first the Collins debacle with the "revolt" and subsequent SC semi loss to Dunfermline, then after a promising start , Yogi`s dramatic decline, the rest as they say, is history and not very nice history at that.

Might be wrong but don`t think we were 4th twice in that time either, I remember Yogi`s 4th which should have been by a country mile but ended as a skin of the teeth last day against a weakened DU side, but can`t remember the other one.

I think my point is I can understand people moaning as this has gone on too long, I am looking forward to a new dawn though, but the last seven years HAVE imo, been awful and the incredibly loyal Hibs support deserves so much better.

WHUHibs
03-07-2014, 05:39 PM

Abject failure could be no trophy and not playing attractive football? Why are you so hung up on picking out part of a post? It's subjective so not right or wrong it's what you believe?

Alfred E Newman
03-07-2014, 05:42 PM

Spot on. I think it is amazing that we have managed to shift over 5000 tickets.

Bobby's Cinema
03-07-2014, 05:45 PM

Absolutely. Until we see things changing on the playing side It's hard to feel any different

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Sanctimonious claptrap!! What is the point of a moaningboard if not to undermine the team, management, board and supporters? :cb

Social Media messgeboards used to be a way of celebrating our love for our club

7 years of underachievement, derisory football product, absence of leadership and atrocious financial stewardship have put paid to that :dead:

Bobby? Sanctimonious?! That's the biggest lot of utter tosh and sheer drivel I've ever heard in my life! And I shall write a strongly-worded letter of complaint to this board's admins about your attitude, young fellow!

col02
03-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Spot on. I think it is amazing that we have managed to shift over 5000 tickets.

I would think the vast majority were purchased on the assumption the club would be in the SPL. Would I have bought a season ticket back in March had I known the club would be related? Probably not would be the honest answer.

I think there is a case that because we have seen Dempster and Stubbs come in there is a goldfish mentality in expecting fans to forget the new levels of pishness achieved last season. It's ok though as big bad Butcher and certain players were to blame so everything is rosy again!

brog
03-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Come on man, TOP 6 !!!!?? Its not exactly hire the open top bus type success is it ? A club Hibs size in this mediocre 12 team league should be in the top 6 every year. Since 2007 after we won the league cup things have gone dramatically downhill, first the Collins debacle with the "revolt" and subsequent SC semi loss to Dunfermline, then after a promising start , Yogi`s dramatic decline, the rest as they say, is history and not very nice history at that.

Might be wrong but don`t think we were 4th twice in that time either, I remember Yogi`s 4th which should have been by a country mile but ended as a skin of the teeth last day against a weakened DU side, but can`t remember the other one.

I think my point is I can understand people moaning as this has gone on too long, I am looking forward to a new dawn though, but the last seven years HAVE imo, been awful and the incredibly loyal Hibs support deserves so much better.

Well you see I'm not saying its Open Bus time, rather it's the OP saying 7 years of abject failure, if I had said that then neither of those 2 statements would be correct. Now last season was abject failure, I doubt anyone would argue with that. The 2 seasons before that threatened abject failure yet we made 2 cup finals in successive years, the first time we had done that in 90 years. We've been at best pretty mediocre, IMO for 7 years but let's keep a sense of perspective & stop giving ammunition to our rivals

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Too many blasted divas in our support. I couldn't give a tinker's cuss whether people have 'finally had enough' or 'will support the club ever more.' What I find tiresome is those who either expect a medal for offering their continued patronage, or, in the case of those who don't plan to attend, to want an arm placed around their shoulders and soothing words cooed in their ears to the effect that everything will be alright.

Yes, times have been hard for six years and the club has gone into decline. Yes, we might not have even hit rock bottom yet, and more misery may be in the offing. But it's just as likely that there will sustained improvement in our standing. Too many people have become so conditioned to failure, they are seeing it around every corner before it even comes.

Glory to the Hibees!

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Well you see I'm not saying its Open Bus time, rather it's the OP saying 7 years of abject failure, if I had said that then neither of those 2 statements would be correct. Now last season was abject failure, I doubt anyone would argue with that. The 2 seasons before that threatened abject failure yet we made 2 cup finals in successive years, the first time we had done that in 90 years. We've been at best pretty mediocre, IMO for 7 years but let's keep a sense of perspective & stop giving ammunition to our rivals

Relegation is only the end of a club getting poorer and poorer right in front of our very eyes. And folk were criticized for saying things should be better 2 3 4 5 and 6 years ago.

And 5k season ticket sales are the result of such poor fare. Give me something to cheer and i'm right there.

Phil D. Rolls
03-07-2014, 06:17 PM
If people had a look in the mirror, they'd realise they are angry at themselves, and stop blaming everybody else for every perceived insult to their non existent pride.

Its a football club FFS, go and spend a day in a hospice or A&E, if you want something to get upset about.

* I wrote this after reading the first post, and it is not aimed at any other poster on the board, before you get the fiery crosses out.

weonlywon6-2
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM

Well said,incredible the comments on the internet about hibs,ffs,we have a new md and manager,give them a bit of space to help turn this club around

Feed McGraw
03-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Well you see I'm not saying its Open Bus time, rather it's the OP saying 7 years of abject failure, if I had said that then neither of those 2 statements would be correct. Now last season was abject failure, I doubt anyone would argue with that. The 2 seasons before that threatened abject failure yet we made 2 cup finals in successive years, the first time we had done that in 90 years. We've been at best pretty mediocre, IMO for 7 years but let's keep a sense of perspective & stop giving ammunition to our rivals Fair enough brog, but I`m 58 y.o. and I know there`s been other bad times in my Hibby lifetime, but these last 7 years - sheesh, it may or may not be the worst time, but it`s the worst I`ve felt about the Hibs and I`ll bet many others feel the same.

Bishop Hibee
03-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Why are people calling our Manager and Chief Exec by their first names as if they know them? Strange.

Back on topic I'd rather they take time to get signings right than rush into signings given some of the dross we've had to endure recently.

WHUHibs
03-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Too many blasted divas in our support. I couldn't give a tinker's cuss whether people have 'finally had enough' or 'will support the club ever more.' What I find tiresome is those who either expect a medal for offering their continued patronage, or, in the case of those who don't plan to attend, to want an arm placed around their shoulders and soothing words cooed in their ears to the effect that everything will be alright.

Yes, times have been hard for six years and the club has gone into decline. Yes, we might not have even hit rock bottom yet, and more misery may be in the offing. But it's just as likely that there will sustained improvement in our standing. Too many people have become so conditioned to failure, they are seeing it around every corner before it even comes.

Glory to the Hibees!

Perhaps you should have done the team talk last season then we would gave stayed up! It's your fault :greengrin

--------
03-07-2014, 06:30 PM

The game on Saturday is a pre-season friendly - the first game of the pre-season, in fact, and I really don't think we need to be fretting about the result. I wouldn't be surprised if Stubbs used it to have a look at some trialists - but even if he doesn't, I don't think you need to get your underwear in a wad just yet.

As for 'intent to win back lost fans' I would suggest that most of what Leeann Dempster has done since she came to ER a month ago has shown just that. She's removed Butcher from the manager's office, appointed a successor, brought in a number of other people to assist in the running of the club, and called back the players Butcher attempted to sack at the end of last season.

If she hadn't done that we wouldn't have a team at all right now.

I said I wouldn't be back until things began to change for the better. All I can say is, she's beginning to win me over. I like the way she does things, and I totally agree with Dashing Bob.

And I certainly do NOT want us blindly signing any player at all from the 'bargain basement' - that's what we seem to have been doing for the past five managers. We're in a difficult place right now, and as a very great lady once said, it does not do to move hastily when one's king is in check. Measure twice (or thrice, even), cut once.

WHUHibs
03-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Why are people calling our Manager and Chief Exec by their first names as if they know them? Strange.

Back on topic I'd rather they take time to get signings right than rush into signings given some of the dross we've had to endure recently.

Nothing strange about it! So if you spoke about a politician you would refer to Mr Salmond? Or Mr Pitt instead of Brad or Mr Batman instead of Batman! Not sure if you would know them but I'm sure you would call them by their first name?

If it was a nine foot budgie though you could call him SIR! :wink:

hibs0666
03-07-2014, 06:32 PM

I agree Bish - very strange indeed.

A lot of punters view the signings as a numbers game - with any new signing by the Cheats the level of hysteria notches up a little bit more.

I'm with you- it's about holding our nerve, being patient and getting the best possible team on the park at the start of the season.

hibs0666
03-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Nothing strange about it! So if you spoke about a politician you would refer to Mr Salmond? Or Mr Pitt instead of Brad or Mr Batman instead of Batman! Not sure if you would know them but I'm sure you would call them by their first name?

I would never adress a fat smug yam with eight chins as Mr.

macca70
03-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Yeah, let's continue to standby, watch constant rubbish and accept piss poor team, after piss poor team.

But we're all expected to skip along to the games happy as Larry.

What a load of nonsense.

We are 2 days away from our 1st pre season friendly and only weeks away from start of a massive season yet we have about 14 genuine 1st team players left from a team that was relegated, we have no Goalkeeper, can't get an assistant manager because no one wants to join our shambles and we have yet to make a signing.

But apparently those are reasons to be positive!!

--------
03-07-2014, 06:37 PM

:agree: And if he was a six foot three and a half inch white rabbit, I would call him 'Harvey'. And even though I never met him, I still refer to Harvey's co-star as 'Jimmy' Stewart.

http://www.shalinimusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/harvey7e18cb7wy7.jpg

Phil D. Rolls
03-07-2014, 06:38 PM
I think we will never recover until people start bringing flasks of soup and picnic blankets to the games. We just have not embraced the modern, family focused market. We have pandered to the die hard, "support your team whatever the result" fan for too long.

This has resulted in a mentality where people are going to the football, to get away from the wife and kids, instead of taking them along to spend money on tacky merchandise, and cholesterol laden snacks.

How many does Petrie have? I think the answer is patently obvious to the vast majority.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 06:41 PM

I didn't respond to that, because clearly you have different expectations from this club than me and plenty of others.

The only season we had which you could call partially successful would be the 09/10 season under Yogi where we just managed to finished 4th. But lets be honest, there was a point where we had our sights set higher than that but we failed to achieve it due to things suddenly turning to tatters in the latter half of the season.

So thats 2 6th placed seasons followed by a season where we should have actually done better than 4th, only for the bottles to crash when it mattered.

Not really what I would call a successful 3 seasons. But like I say, your expectations are perhaps different than my own.

The Green Goblin
03-07-2014, 06:44 PM
:agree: And if he was a six foot three and a half inch white rabbit, I would call him 'Harvey'. And even though I never met him, I still refer to Harvey's co-star as 'Jimmy' Stewart.

http://www.shalinimusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/harvey7e18cb7wy7.jpg

Love that film! The original Alan O Brien with literally a whole film's worth of "unseen work".

HappyAsHellas
03-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Yeah, let's continue to standby, watch constant rubbish and accept piss poor team, after piss poor team.

What a load of nonsense.

We are 2 days away from our 1st pre season friendly and only weeks away from start of a massive season yet we have about 14 genuine 1st team players left from a team that was relegated, we have no Goalkeeper, can't get an assistant manager because no one wants to join our shambles and we have yet to make a signing.

Properly managed, these same 14 players would be more than a match for the puddle drinkers across the road who still have a team that got humped for most of the season. We will bring new players in to strengthen the squad, that much is obvious. Why not wait and see who we get before venting your spleen?

theonlywayisup
03-07-2014, 06:48 PM

What a load of nonsense.

:agree: theonlywayisupbutonlyafteradetourtothechampionship

Some of the tripe on hibs.net is embarrassing, both ways. The bottom line, and ask any non-Hibs or Yam supporter, is that Hibs are a total shambles of a club. A joke club!

Yes, things will get better, but we ain't seeing much indication of that at the moment.

Now, we could be lining up a number of impressive signings. And I would be delighted if that was the case. But past history shows that for every Deano, there was many a (James) Collins, Duffy or O'Brien.

ekhibee
03-07-2014, 06:58 PM
I'll only be moaning if we haven't actually signed any players within the next two weeks. We do need to have a team up and running in a relatively short period of time, but obviously we need the right kind of players to start with. There's nothing wrong with moaning anyway; most people on here do it on a daily basis. On a totally unrelated issue, I still hate Hearts, whatever happens this season.

brog
03-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Fair enough brog, but I`m 58 y.o. and I know there`s been other bad times in my Hibby lifetime, but these last 7 years - sheesh, it may or may not be the worst time, but it`s the worst I`ve felt about the Hibs and I`ll bet many others feel the same.

I agree, this is worst I've ever felt also but no blame can be attached to either LD or AS so as DBS says I believe its better to move forward giving them our full support than posting constant negativity on here ( not you! :wink: ) I mean, people wetting their pants over us playing Vale of L in a friendly! In prior seasons we would have sent a Hibs1X, full of players no one had heard of, for this game. Now we're meant to run out & sign players in time for this game! Ridiculous! We want the right players not any old players who happen to be available.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
The game on Saturday is a pre-season friendly - the first game of the pre-season, in fact, and I really don't think we need to be fretting about the result. I wouldn't be surprised if Stubbs used it to have a look at some trialists - but even if he doesn't, I don't think you need to get your underwear in a wad just yet.

As for 'intent to win back lost fans' I would suggest that most of what Leeann Dempster has done since she came to ER a month ago has shown just that. She's removed Butcher from the manager's office, appointed a successor, brought in a number of other people to assist in the running of the club, and called back the players Butcher attempted to sack at the end of last season.

If she hadn't done that we wouldn't have a team at all right now.

I said I wouldn't be back until things began to change for the better. All I can say is, she's beginning to win me over. I like the way she does things, and I totally agree with Dashing Bob.

And I certainly do NOT want us blindly signing any player at all from the 'bargain basement' - that's what we seem to have been doing for the past five managers. We're in a difficult place right now, and as a very great lady once said, it does not do to move hastily when one's king is in check. Measure twice (or thrice, even), cut once.

:top marks Doddie.

Feed McGraw
03-07-2014, 07:22 PM
I agree, this is worst I've ever felt also but no blame can be attached to either LD or AS so as DBS says I believe its better to move forward giving them our full support than posting constant negativity on here ( not you! :wink: ) I mean, people wetting their pants over us playing Vale of L in a friendly! In prior seasons we would have sent a Hibs1X, full of players no one had heard of, for this game. Now we're meant to run out & sign players in time for this game! Ridiculous! We want the right players not any old players who happen to be available. They will always get my full support bud and I know you will be just the same as me, so here`s hoping things will change for the better.

brog
03-07-2014, 07:23 PM
I didn't respond to that, because clearly you have different expectations from this club than me and plenty of others.

The only season we had which you could call partially successful would be the 09/10 season under Yogi where we just managed to finished 4th. But lets be honest, there was a point where we had our sights set higher than that but we failed to achieve it due to things suddenly turning to tatters in the latter half of the season.

So thats 2 6th placed seasons followed by a season where we should have actually done better than 4th, only for the bottles to crash when it mattered.

Not really what I would call a successful 3 seasons. But like I say, your expectations are perhaps different than my own.

You started by saying 7 years of abject failure, now you're justifying it by saying they're " not really what I would call a successful 3 seasons ". No one is saying they were successful & no one is saying we should settle for that, but they certainly weren't abject failures. In particular the season we finished 4th ( above Yams, Well & Dons ) we had 2 of the 4 highest league scorers & the 2 highest outside Oldco. We won 4 monthly awards for Player, Young Player & Manager & we scored the goal of the season. We all wanted to do better that season but by no criteria can that be regarded as abject failure. Just please step back & agree you've overstated your case.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
You started by saying 7 years of abject failure, now you're justifying it by saying they're " not really what I would call a successful 3 seasons ". No one is saying they were successful & no one is saying we should settle for that, but they certainly weren't abject failures. In particular the season we finished 4th ( above Yams, Well & Dons ) we had 2 of the 4 highest league scorers & the 2 highest outside Oldco. We won 4 monthly awards for Player, Young Player & Manager & we scored the goal of the season. We all wanted to do better that season but by no criteria can that be regarded as abject failure. Just please step back & agree you've overstated your case.

Don't hold your breath, B

hibbymick
03-07-2014, 08:09 PM
All im hoping for is we hit the ground running on the opening day of the season, its not filling me up with confidence though considering we dont have any players signed up yet for pre season training , ive always been led to believe this was an important part of the season ahead. Lets hope the players we get in have looked after themselves over the summer break.

cam75
03-07-2014, 08:28 PM

We could sign Cech and there would be rants about no strikers,hope the delay is down to the clubs hard work for the players Stubbs wants and not 3rd or 4th choice!
GGTTH

sahib
03-07-2014, 10:34 PM
We could sign Cech and there would be rants about no strikers,hope the delay is down to the clubs hard work for the players Stubbs wants and not 3rd or 4th choice!
GGTTH

Leanne is leaving it very late to sign players. I suspect she is hoping to sign ones that have had a similar job before, or at least have relevant qualifications. She doesn't have time to train people from scratch and she may have to look at getting some temps in.

johnrebus
04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
We have not signed any players, because we do not pay high enough wages for our first targets.

Will end up with usual loan signings and pish journeymen.

Sorry if I'm, 'looking around corners', and being negative.

PS

Whoever is responsible for that new strip, really needs to be led away by men in white coats.

:clown:

Sumner
04-07-2014, 04:45 PM
We have not signed any players, because we do not pay high enough wages for our first targets.

:

.. its the good old Petrie way, tried and tested

Peevemor
04-07-2014, 04:52 PM

Sorry if I'm, 'looking around corners', and being negative.

PS

Whoever is responsible for that new strip, really needs to be led away by men in white coats.

:clown:

.. its the good old Petrie way, tried and tested

And there we have the good old Rebus/Sumner way, tried and tested. :yawn:

Sumner
04-07-2014, 05:00 PM
And there we have the good old Rebus/Sumner way, tried and tested. :yawn:

.. and the on cue Peevemore Petrie lickspittling parade, tried and tested indeed :yawn:

Peevemor
04-07-2014, 05:05 PM
.. and the on cue Peevemore Petrie lickspittling parade, tried and tested indeed :yawn:

This is a thread about getting behind LD et al. You and your wee pal start on about RP.

Give it a break FFS.

Sumner
04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
This is a thread about getting behind LD et al. You and your wee pal start on about RP.

Give it a break FFS.

I commented on the issue, you came on and personally attacked myself and another poster "pal".

Peevemor
04-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Personal attack? Aye, right enough.

Sumner
04-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Personal attack? Aye, right enough.

Good for you, recognition of your acts is part of amending your ways, no doubt.
Now if only the Hibernian board, and Mr.Petrie learned from repetition of the same errors

Peevemor
04-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Now if only the Hibernian board, and Mr.Petrie learned from repetition of the same errors

Is this the same Mr Petrie who recently passed the running of the club on to somebody else? Surely it isn't or you wouldn't be stupid enough to still be moaning about him.

Smartie
04-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Has anyone at any point been on Alan or Leeann's back yet?

People have been critical of plenty of things that THE CLUB have done (or not done) over the past few days but I don't see too much blame being laid at the door of either of them.

Yet.

Sumner
04-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Is this the same Mr Petrie who recently passed the running of the club on to somebody else? Surely it isn't or you wouldn't be stupid enough to still be moaning about him.

.. Peevemore, maybe if he appears to have passed on the running of the club, and says he has, yet the same pattern of overseeing everything transpires, you wouldn't be stupid enough to be still lick-spittling him would you?

Anyway, let's hope Leeann & Alan can turn the club around, free of interference from the now self-proclaimed back-seat, non-influential, non all-seeing, non all-signing off, shadow (that would be "stupid")
.... I wish them well & a LOT of luck with that one.

Sumner
04-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Has anyone at any point been on Alan or Leeann's back yet?

People have been critical of plenty of things that THE CLUB have done (or not done) over the past few days but I don't see too much blame being laid at the door of either of them.

Yet.

I wish them the very best of luck, neither has an easy job ahead, especially if they are not given the freedom to actually do things in their own way.

Kato
04-07-2014, 06:46 PM

Some of them will be Jambos, Bob, and the genuine Hibs fans sniping at everything are worse than Jambos.

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Emailed LD 3 times about a ticket issue and FFS, she replied 3 times too! Asked for a meeting to discuss the matter further and would you believe it, she agreed. Ridiculous behaviour and not what I would expect from our CEO :greengrin

H18Y GW
05-07-2014, 05:52 AM

It isn't about the past , we have got to move on .

Calderwood, Yogi , Butcher , Petrie and whatever other *****y name people want to bring up..

Let it go

Huns and diets don't do this **** , they support there team through the lot, **** sake there's people not going now because the strip has no white sleeves and black socks , I'd harbour a guess that the negative ones on here are the same "fans" that shout total bollocks at games or worse don't even go ..

I'm at the stage I'd rather watch Us with 7000 supporting the team rather than 12000 with 5000 ********s, I'm sure the guys on the pitch would prefer it .

I'm certain that a winning start , result against the Gunts will see a massive increase in attendances , let's hope they get behind the team and the manager .

And they aren't asking you personally to pay £25 they are offering the price as an option, if you don't want to go , don't !!
Leave it too those with a bit positivity and the atmosphere will be much better.

H18Y GW
05-07-2014, 05:57 AM

Pot and kettle

Spike Mandela
05-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Emailed LD 3 times about a ticket issue and FFS, she replied 3 times too! Asked for a meeting to discuss the matter further and would you believe it, she agreed. Ridiculous behaviour and not what I would expect from our CEO :greengrin

Nae wonder we have no signings, all her bloody time is spent dealing with your bloody tickets.:wink:

John_the_angus_hibby
05-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Well said mate, im actually looking forward to this season, and ive a feeling we will see a couple of relatively exciting signings in the next week or so.

I'm of the "looking up" squad but even I am checking the board each day for concrete signing news with slightly more desperation and frustration. But still very hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Aye your right according to the drama queens on here he would be too wee, one footed, no the kind of striker we need, no as good as the players the cheats have signed, no signed in time for preseason so no fit enough and finally but most importantly he would look crap in the worst strip in the history if football anywhere and that is 100% fact.

He isnae right.

Greenworld
05-07-2014, 07:56 AM

Hibs fans true ones support the club always.

FranckSuzy
05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Nae wonder we have no signings, all her bloody time is spent dealing with your bloody tickets.:wink:

:shocked: :tee hee: