PDA

View Full Version : Hibs and Hearts reveal season ticket sales

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-07-2014, 12:32 PM
From the EN - "HEARTS have announced that they have shifted more than 8000 season tickets so far - over 2500 more than capital rivals Hibs. Ann Budge welcomed the news of ‘exceptional’ season ticket sales following the signings of James Keatings, Morgaro Gomis, Soufian El Hassnaoui, Alim Ozturk and Neil Alexander. Leeann Dempster revealed yesterday that just 5400 season tickets have been sold, with the vast majority bought before the team were relegated. And although she admitted that sales had ‘all but dried up’, she is hopeful that fans will dig deep in their pockets to help Alan Stubbs build a team capable of promotion."

brian6-2
03-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Personally i think thats the new strips fault.........

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Prepare for meltdown

:greengrin

brian6-2
03-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Prepare for meltdown

:greengrin

:agree:

popcorn well and truly oot.

silverhibee
03-07-2014, 12:35 PM
HEARTS have announced that they have shifted more than 8000 season tickets so far - over 2500 more than capital rivals Hibs. Ann Budge welcomed the news of ‘exceptional’ season ticket sales following the signings of James Keatings, Morgaro Gomis, Soufian El Hassnaoui, Alim Ozturk and Neil Alexander. Leeann Dempster revealed yesterday that just 5400 season tickets have been sold, with the vast majority bought before the team were relegated. And although she admitted that sales had ‘all but dried up’, she is hoping that Sir Tom Farmer will dig deep in his pockets to help Alan Stubbs build a team capable of promotion.*

Fixed that. :wink:

Charnley 4
03-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Ffs.

johnrebus
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Have Petrie and Dempster actually been seen in the same room together at the same time?

Everything seems to be calculated to destroy the club completely.

Worst team ever.
Worst strip ever.
No reduction in season ticket prices to watch Alloa, Cowdenbeath etc.
No signings.

And Petrie is still ****ing here!

Hey, but it's ok, I'm just a negative miserable *******, and am sure they will be lots of happy clappers along in a minute to cheer us all up.

:aok:

marinello59
03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
HEARTS have announced that they have shifted more than 8000 season tickets so far - over 2500 more than capital rivals Hibs. Ann Budge welcomed the news of ‘exceptional’ season ticket sales following the signings of James Keatings, Morgaro Gomis, Soufian El Hassnaoui, Alim Ozturk and Neil Alexander. Leeann Dempster revealed yesterday that just 5400 season tickets have been sold, with the vast majority bought before the team were relegated. And although she admitted that sales had ‘all but dried up’, she is hopeful that fans will dig deep in their pockets to help Alan Stubbs build a team capable of promotion.

Bet you loved posting that up. Better show your source as well though. Nothing like giving our own ****ing club a kicking is there?
This thread would work perfectly on Kickback as well. In fact they are probably loving the fact that we are ripping the pish out of ourselves to save them the bother.

SaulGoodman
03-07-2014, 12:46 PM
HIBS fans have announced that they don't give a **** how many season tickets capital rivals Hearts have shifted. Ann Budge welcomed the news that she's a tramp.

Hibs7
03-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I can see why ticket sales have stopped and they will stagnate, until we see who is signed and what kind of team we will have. Lots of people sitting on the fence waiting to see . McFadden signing would certainly kick start sales !! Oh and a good goalkeeper !!

JeMeSouviens
03-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Adult ST prices

Them - £260 (Gorgie lower), £280 (Wheat lower/Main), £325 (Gorgie upper, Wheat upper sides), £410 (Wheat upper middle)
Us - £405 everywhere

It's not rocket surgery. :rolleyes:

Waxy
03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
They usually do have a few more season ticket holders than us anyway. Due to all the years they've cheated.that will get lower and lower the more they realise the good times have gone. Plus we have a few undecided who will buy once they wipe the tears away and get their rattle back.

Smartie
03-07-2014, 01:02 PM
I farted in a lift once.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 01:08 PM
They usually do have a few more season ticket holders than us anyway. Due to all the years they've cheated.that will get lower and lower the more they realise the good times have gone. Plus we have a few undecided who will buy once they wipe the tears away and get their rattle back.

Or it could just be that they're cheaper to watch and their fans were more or less expecting relegation from the very start of last season.

Where as Hibs are charging far too much for a league that we should never have found ourselves in.

Billychaotic182
I farted in a lift once.

On the set if blue lagoon?

Gordy M
Oh goody! Another thread ripping in 'our' club. I put 'our' in inverted commas as im not sure how many people are on here are actually hibs supporters :rolleyes: . Constant moaning about absolutely everything. Next thing will be when we sign players, posters will be on telling us how p*sh they are and underwhelmed!! Get a grip ffs. It seems to some on here that its a conditional support, 'il support hibs if they do everything exactly the way i want'

Haymaker
03-07-2014, 01:11 PM
On the set if blue lagoon?

:faf:

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Oh goody! Another thread ripping in 'our' club. I put 'our' in inverted commas as im not sure how many people are on here are actually hibs supporters :rolleyes: . Constant moaning about absolutely everything. Next thing will be when we sign players, posters will be on telling us how p*sh they are and underwhelmed!! Get a grip ffs. It seems to some on here that its a conditional support, 'il support hibs if they do everything exactly the way i want'

To be fair, they've had a pretty good track record so far.

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 01:14 PM
To be fair, they've had a pretty good track record so far.
So what?? So thats we do now, say someone is crap before he has kicked a ball so we can say 'i was right all along'?? Brilliant support.....awesome.:rolleyes:

Siralbertkidd
03-07-2014, 01:16 PM
HIBS fans have announced that they don't give a **** how many season tickets capital rivals Hearts have shifted. Ann Budge welcomed the news that she's a tramp.

:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 01:18 PM
So what?? So thats we do now, say someone is crap before he has kicked a ball so we can say 'i was right all along'?? Brilliant support.....awesome.:rolleyes:

Calm down.

If somebody has seen a player play for other clubs and have found them to be "not very good", like I did with Nelson, then they're quite entitled to lack confidence in the players abilities.

I'm not saying people should rip into players before they've kicked a ball for us. But if you know that a player has a poor track record, you're hardly going to be full of optimism about their signing.

Diclonius
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Hearts have signed 5 players.

Hibs have signed 0 players.

In conclusion: SIGN SOME PLAYERS

GreenPJ
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Adult ST prices

Them - £260 (Gorgie lower), £280 (Wheat lower/Main), £325 (Gorgie upper, Wheat upper sides), £410 (Wheat upper middle)
Us - £405 everywhere

In addition to the above *********** prices you need to add on the £10/£20 per month DD's they are all being encouraged to continue with for 3-5 years.

number 27
03-07-2014, 01:22 PM

No what we do is what we have done for years, we turn up in numbers, we support the team and then we get let down. The support has indeed been "awesome" under the circumstances IMO and just because some posters on a messageboard justifiably feel angry and let down by what has happened does not mean that the likes of you can try to tell us we are not proper supporters.

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 01:31 PM
No what we do is what we have done for years, we turn up in numbers, we support the team and then we get let down. The support has indeed been "awesome" under the circumstances IMO and just because some posters on a messageboard justifiably feel angry and let down by what has happened does not mean that the likes of you can try to tell us we are not proper supporters.
I agree about our support, in match days its been pretty good given the circs, and rightly we can be angry/disgruntled over certain things, but ffs almost every single thread on here is booting into the club!! At no point did i say folk werent proper supporters, i said if someone doesnt like whats been done, said, released from the club, its straight in all guns blazing against the club?? Its not even considered critisism, its point blank ripping into them. What good does that do?

Explain the point of the OP, other than to 'rip' into the club????

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Is it not buy one get one free with the yaks or 50p a month for the rest of your life?

number 27
03-07-2014, 01:40 PM
I agree about our support, in match days its been pretty good given the circs, and rightly we can be angry/disgruntled over certain things, but ffs almost every single thread on here is booting into the club!! At no point did i say folk werent proper supporters, i said if someone doesnt like whats been done, said, released from the club, its straight in all guns blazing against the club?? Its not even considered critisism, its point blank ripping into them. What good does that do?

Explain the point of the OP, other than to 'rip' into the club????

The club should have acted years ago, they were complacent and we ended up where we are. The inevitable result is anger and negativity, I completely understand those who are lashing out at the club because they let us down so badly. What we need now is some positive action, so far everything coming out of Hibs seems to be some cack handed PR disaster.

If Hibs genuinely give us something positive to get behind then I will agree threads like this are unhelpful but until they do I think they simply reflect the mood of a large section of the support.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 01:44 PM
The club should have acted years ago, they were complacent and we ended up where we are. The inevitable result is anger and negativity, I completely understand those who are lashing out at the club because they let us down so badly. What we need now is some positive action, so far everything coming out of Hibs seems to be some cack handed PR disaster.

If Hibs genuinely give us something positive to get behind then I will agree threads like this are unhelpful but until they do I think they simply reflect the mood of a large section of the support.

It's easy to tell people to just be positive. But when they aren't even given a scrap to be positive about, it's like telling them to put up or shut up.

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 01:45 PM

:aok:Fair enough mate. I agree with a lot of that, i just find it difficult when 'we' are constantly slating the club on here. Im sure there will be good news in the days ahead re signing players. Heres hoping! GGTTH

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 01:51 PM

It's easy to tell people to just be positive. But when they aren't even given a scrap to be positive about, it's like telling them to put up or shut up.
You support hibs mate, its unconditional, even if we had the worst team in scotland id still be positive. If we as a support cant be positive and 'supportive' we are as well all chucking it! Cmon lets just get behind the club and AS. Its been tough going but complaing and moaning at EVERY opportunity, you think thats gonna have a positive or negative effect??

easty
03-07-2014, 02:04 PM

Not a scrap? New manager, new chief exec, emptied a load of ***** players, changes to the way the youth system was run.

Should Stubbs have been agreeing deals with possible signings before he was offered the job? Or should someone else, LD/RP?, have went out and signed him the players they fancied for him?

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
You support hibs mate, its unconditional, even if we had the worst team in scotland id still be positive. If we as a support cant be positive and 'supportive' we are as well all chucking it! Cmon lets just get behind the club and AS. Its been tough going but complaing and moaning at EVERY opportunity, you think thats gonna have a positive or negative effect??

I'm all for being positive if there's something there to be positive about. Otherwise i'd be deluding myself, which is the very reason we make fun of our neighbours.

What fans post on a message board will not have a negative effect on the team, not if they're professional enough to take criticism on the chin and have the will to give it their all for the club.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Not a scrap? New manager, new chief exec, emptied a load of ***** players, changes to the way the youth system was run.

Should Stubbs have been agreeing deals with possible signings before he was offered the job? Or should someone else, LD/RP?, have went out and signed him the players they fancied for him?

You can't say these changes are positive, because we've still yet to see whether the outcome will be positive or not.

These are simply changes, neither positive or negative until we see what effect they actually have on the club.

Albanian Hibs
03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I don't give a toss how many they have meant to have sold and I also don't believe a word that comes out of there anyway.

easty
03-07-2014, 02:10 PM
What fans post on a message board will not have a negative effect on the team, not if they're professional enough to take criticism on the chin and have the will to give it their all for the club.

I agree with that.

carnoustiehibee
03-07-2014, 02:12 PM
HEARTS have announced that they have shifted more than 8000 season tickets so far - over 2500 more than capital rivals Hibs. Ann Budge welcomed the news of ‘exceptional’ season ticket sales following the signings of James Keatings, Morgaro Gomis, Soufian El Hassnaoui, Alim Ozturk and Neil Alexander. Leeann Dempster revealed yesterday that just 5400 season tickets have been sold, with the vast majority bought before the team were relegated. And although she admitted that sales had ‘all but dried up’, she is hopeful that fans will dig deep in their pockets to help Alan Stubbs build a team capable of promotion.

Wow cool story!

All very Jambo like to start drooling over season ticket sales

easty
03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
You can't say these changes are positive, because we've still yet to see whether the outcome will be positive or not.

These are simply changes, neither positive or negative until we see what effect they actually have on the club.

So by your logic if we go and sign new players that won't be a positive move either, we'd have to see how they played, the outcome, before it could be positive?

Or is it only that way when it suits your negative agenda?

marinello59
03-07-2014, 02:18 PM

I'm not so sure this makes sense.

Brightside
03-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Our tickets haven't been available for the last 6 weeks!

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm all for being positive if there's something there to be positive about. Otherwise i'd be deluding myself, which is the very reason we make fun of our neighbours.

No i disagree with some of that, ive seen it happen, where stuff written on message boards/forums filters its way onto the terraces and then onto the pitch. Im sure it happened with Liam Miller? where there was forums saying he had signed for the ****** and he was definitely booed on the park at the next game......ridiculous.

However in general terms i agree that not everything thats written makes it onto the park, but this constant moaning and bitching definitely brings down the whole demeanor of the club and support. Its horrible logging on here to see the fans ripping into the club at every opportunity.

jacomo
03-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Have Petrie and Dempster actually been seen in the same room together at the same time?

Everything seems to be calculated to destroy the club completely.

Worst team ever.
Worst strip ever.
No reduction in season ticket prices to watch Alloa, Cowdenbeath etc.
No signings.

And Petrie is still ****ing here!

Hey, but it's ok, I'm just a negative miserable *******, and am sure they will be lots of happy clappers along in a minute to cheer us all up.

:aok:

LD seems like a smart cookie, and so she'll understand that turning around years of lifeless performances is the only thing that's really going to change the mood at Hibs. If we get back into the habit of winning, grumbles about season ticket prices and the new strip (both legitimate grumbles, IMO) will dissolve away.

Vini1875
03-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Also given the pricing at both clubs I'd like to bet that there is very little difference in the amount of money raised at each club. 8000 at average of £300 = £2.4M. Hibs STs 5,400 at average of £400 = £2.16M

Speedway
03-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Adult ST prices

Us - £405 everywhere

Nor is it brain science.

Broken Gnome
03-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Hearts were relegated in the most self-pleasuring way imaginable. Hibs were relegated in the most self-defecating way imaginable.

They've sold more than us? Duh.

emerald green
03-07-2014, 07:30 PM
In addition to the above *********** prices you need to add on the £10/£20 per month DD's they are all being encouraged to continue with for 3-5 years.

Very good point. Add £240 per annum (even more for some of them no doubt) onto the prices they are paying for their season ticket and they are forking out a lot more than the price of a Hibs season ticket.

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Nor is it brain science.

Best post I've seen on here for a few days, i managed a smile :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 07:46 PM

You are beginning to worry me, seriously

SanFranHibs
03-07-2014, 07:47 PM
I farted in a lift once.

Between which floors?

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Aye right I"ve heard this story before !

Islington Hibs
03-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Hearts were relegated in the most self-pleasuring way imaginable. Hibs were relegated in the most self-defecating way imaginable.

They've sold more than us? Duh.

sad but true

Billy Whizz
03-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Have Hearts sold less than last season? You can make up what you want with stats?

Onion
03-07-2014, 08:07 PM

Sadly, there's just so much material to work with at present, you can hardly blame the fans for reporting it. When was the last time we had ANY genuinely positive news about the club or the team ? It has been one mini disaster to another since the turn of the year.

Hibs have had plenty opportunity to stop the rot, but have a acquired a natural tendency to continue to **** things up.

Crazyhorse
03-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Have Hearts sold less than last season? You can make up what you want with stats?

Well you can't make up what you want but you can 'manipulate the data'. But we know football clubs would never do that....

Bronson
03-07-2014, 08:32 PM

Beautifully put:top marks

Lucius Apuleius
03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
I believe, although unconfirmed, that Celtc have sold more than us as well. Despicable ( me too)

ozzie
03-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Adult ST prices

Us - £405 everywhere

So is Leanne lying when she says there most expensive seat is £450, Owh and I didn't pay £405 for my seat In the famous five

eastterrace
03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
So is Leanne lying when she says there most expensive seat is £450, Owh and I didn't pay £405 for my seat In the famous five
no she wasnt lying but the £450 quoted for the wheatfield is for seats with built in cushions in them a bit like our hospitality seats. so she was just twisting the truth a wee tad.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:22 PM
no she wasnt lying but the £450 quoted for the wheatfield is for seats with built in cushions in them a bit like our hospitality seats. so she was just twisting the truth a wee tad.

Hang on, Hearts have a dearest ticket of £450 so in what way is she twisting the truth? :confused:

eastterrace
03-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Hang on, Hearts have a dearest ticket of £450 so in what way is she twisting the truth? :confused:

you looking for an argument, you know what i mean. so why doesnt she put ours up to £450 then , so we would be the same as them.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:28 PM
you looking for an argument, you know what i mean. so why doesnt she put ours up to £450 then , so we would be the same as them.

I'm not looking for an argument, honestly. I just feel saying she has twisted the truth is a little disingenuous. Hearts do charge £450 for some of their seats so factually she is correct

eastterrace
03-07-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm not looking for an argument, honestly. I just feel saying she has twisted the truth is a little disingenuous. Hearts do charge £450 for some of their seats so factually she is correct

i never said she wasnt correct , just made a wee point saying you are sitting on better quality seats , so if you pay £60 for hospitality at easter road you would get to sit on similar seats.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
i never said she wasnt correct , just made a wee point saying you are sitting on better quality seats , so if you pay £60 for hospitality at easter road you would get to sit on similar seats.

Fair do's :aok:

mca
03-07-2014, 09:40 PM
We Won a Coca-Cola thingy some years ago and won 2 tickets to the comfy-padded Dole like Posh seats in the west..

So I took my seven year old daughter for the first time and when she heard the noise and Singing - She just said - " I want to sit over there "

And Pointed at the Old~East... http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Green Cabbage 7
03-07-2014, 10:09 PM

hibs fans announced that they are not mugs, as they only pay to watch decent football on the park, Anne budge was delighted as hearts obviously had more mugs, to fleece!

JeMeSouviens
03-07-2014, 10:18 PM

She was being economical with the truth. Current top price is £410, it goes up to £450 in a couple of week's time.

Edit: I forgot FF lower is £355 but it's still obvious their prices are generally much cheaper for the same thing. Considering our utter disaster since January, keeping our prices unchanged is utterly mental.

Hermit Crab
03-07-2014, 10:20 PM
20 pager.

boab1875
03-07-2014, 11:07 PM

Therein lies the key. Absolutely nothing positive about our club at the moment and it is no wonder we have sold so few tickets. I won't be renewing until drastic changes have occurred and I know I am not alone. After this maybe people will return but until then I'm done with it.

No surprises that the cheats have outsold us again either, completely justified when you consider what happened last season. Can't remember the last time we have had more ST holders than them anyway so can't say I am surprised at the statistics that have came out. I estimate another couple of hundred are sold and I to some extent I hope not many are sold to send a message to the board that people are angry, upset and have not forgotten the humilation of last season. I still believe we should have boycotted en masse but a decline in season ticket sales should send a clear, albeit diluted, message to Petrie et al

Shields Hibee
04-07-2014, 12:07 AM
This was always going to be a challenge this year compared with 12 & 13 as we had folk wanting tickets for the Hampden SC finals & the club went for the 'a season ticket guarantees a final ticket' PR shoot.

Relegation, dreadful football on the park for too long, never hard getting into ER as a PATG & prices pretty high for championship football means the club will struggle to shift them before 9th August. I renewed before end of March out of habit more than anything. A poor pre-season & defeat in the challenge cup against Gers and we could be playing in front of 7k at best when Livi arrive.

basehibby
04-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Got to say this is not in the slightest bit surprising

1) Hearts fans were bound to rally round as their club has spent most of the last year on it's knees in danger of disappearing altogether after years of *****ing away everyone else's money finally caught up with them - there have been numerous begging messages emanating from Tynie and unsurprisingly the Jambos have responded. It's also notable that their presence in the Championship has been a fate acomplis for at least a year and that with the pressure off, they managed to turn in a few good results and finish their season on a mini-high.

2) Hibs fans on the other hand, on the back of years of mediocrity, have been subjected to humiliating failure on the football pitch in 2014 thus far, with a disastrous relegation under Terry Butcher underpinned by failure to invest in the team in January and, at times, spiritless and gutless performances from a team simply not worthy of the support they continued to receive - and all this in a season when, with Rangers and Hearts in the doldrums Hibs SHOULD have been making hay in the sunshine - an opportunity spurned miserably by a leadership seemingly bereft of imagination or dynamism. Against this background the fact that well in excess of 5000 STs have been sold is in fact a tribute to the steadfast loyalty of the commendable Hibs support.

3) With Easter Road now at over 20,000 capacity there is simply no practical incentive for many Hibs fans to get a ST at the moment. Pretty much all regulars know that, with a little effort, we will be able to get a ticket for pretty much any match on the calendar so, beyond the convenience of not having to purchase the odd ticket up front, or knowing you'll be sitting with your pals in your favourite seat - or indeed the satisfaction of knowing your helping the club with their cash flow - apart from that there is no compelling practical reason for getting a ST these days. Back during Mowbray's reign I got a ST because if I didn't there was a good chance of missing out on matches vs the Yams and the OF that we had a good chance of winning. THAT was the incentive and right now it simply isn't there.

Personally I won't be getting a ST this season - not that I would stop anyone else - go on - get one if it suits you! If Hibs were going bust I'd no doubt get one just to help out - but they're not so just like last season I'll get along to about 15 games or so at ER. I reckon there's plenty more out there just like me as well - and the board would serve the club well in my opinion by dispensing with the BS re player budgets being set purely by ST sales - down that road lies the path to dwindling returns I fear - and accept the fact that at least 10,000 fans will show up at ER regularly TO WATCH A DECENT FOOTBALL TEAM. Get that last bit right first and everything should turn out just fine.

Steve-O
04-07-2014, 12:59 AM

Because that's their TOP price in a fairly small section of the ground. I cannot believe we are charging 405 quid for every seat bar the FF Lower. It's just a complete and utter disgrace. These prices were high in the Premiership, in the Championship they are bordering on criminal.

I'd make the entire east stand about 325 quid, the sides of the West Stand the same, and the FF Upper the same. Keep the 405 for punters who want to sit in the middle of the main stand and that's it.