PDA

View Full Version : Question Do Hibs Get Paid Per Football Strip Sold?

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 11:47 AM
So, does anyone know the details?

:dunno:

I read on here recently that Hibs do not get money per Football Strip sold in the shop but are on a Lump Sum payment. If so, maybe the best way to register your distaste for the new Home Strip is to just not buy it. You could buy something else instead, something a bit more 'Hibs Class' (sorry, I hate that phrase too)

That way, Hibs aren't being deprived of income and they really will get the message to actually listen the fans.

CapitalGreen
03-07-2014, 11:55 AM
As i said on the other thread:

Even if that is fact, which I would dispute. Future kit deals will be based on past sales. Poor sales will mean Hibs receiving less in the future when these deals are negotiated.

People who can't see how a poor strip design will impact Hibs financially would probably be well suited to to working within the clubs marketing team.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
As i said on the other thread:

So should people buy it irrespective of how hideous it is?

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misunderstood your point

:embarrass

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 12:01 PM
If the strip does not sell, Hibs will suffer.
I don't really mind the new strip and it really is the least of our worries.
I think people are just looking for a reason to attack the club just now.
Wire in everybody. Who cares if all the negativity is hurting our chances of promotion. So long as it makes you feel better.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 12:02 PM
If the strip does not sell, Hibs will suffer.

So everybody should buy it no matter how much they hate it?

I think people are just looking for a reason to attack the club just now.
Wire in everybody. Who cares if all the negativity is hurting our chances of promotion. So long as it makes you feel better.

Sorry but that's a pathetic response.

The_Horde
03-07-2014, 12:02 PM
I actually don't mind the top. It's the rest that's horrid. And the sponsor, minging.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
So should people buy it irrespective of how hideous it is?

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misunderstood your point

:embarrass

If you don't like it, don't buy it but do try to stop whining like a little girl.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 12:04 PM
If you don't like it, don't buy it but do try to stop whining like a little girl.

:faf:

CapitalGreen
03-07-2014, 12:04 PM

Well done for spectacularly missing the point being made in the thread.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM

Quit whining about other peoples whining, or i'll start whining about your whining. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM

I addressed the point. If the strip does not sell then it's bad for Hibs.

Groathillgrump
03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
I addressed the point. If the strip does not sell then it's bad for Hibs.

Well their marketing people should be held responsible for that, not the fans.

Geo_1875
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM

I may be spectacularly missing the point as well but are people saying they won't be buying the new Hibs strip because it offends their sense of "style"?

Hibee_Dave
03-07-2014, 12:14 PM
What should have been a serious thread has slightly lost its way but I would also like to know the answer.

Like many fans, I WANT to give the club money but in exchange for this, I want something decent be that entertainment on the park or a product I would want to wear. I can only hope that the away top/third strip comes out and is excellent or else the training/other gear is better because this new top is making it difficult for me to spend money.

It's also a smack in the face that the same t-shirt can be easily bought online for about 9 pounds but for the version with a little bit of embroidery and massive shiny looking sticker we have to pay so much more.

If the club are guaranteed money from the strip regardless of sales then in the short term a bad selling strip probably isn't a problem but as someone else pointed out for future negotiations it will make a difference. It's very important that they get the away one right.

ALSO, two years running now the home kit launch has not featured a player. This is the most telling thing about all of this and it's just gutting.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 12:20 PM
What should have been a serious thread has slightly lost its way but I would also like to know the answer.

Like many fans, I WANT to give the club money but in exchange for this, I want something decent be that entertainment on the park or a product I would want to wear. I can only hope that the away top/third strip comes out and is excellent or else the training/other gear is better because this new top is making it difficult for me to spend money.

It's also a smack in the face that the same t-shirt can be easily bought online for about 9 pounds but for the version with a little bit of embroidery and massive shiny looking sticker we have to pay so much more.

If the club are guaranteed money from the strip regardless of sales then in the short term a bad selling strip probably isn't a problem but as someone else pointed out for future negotiations it will make a difference. It's very important that they get the away one right.

ALSO, two years running now the home kit launch has not featured a player. This is the most telling thing about all of this and it's just gutting.

Thanks for trying to get the thread back on track.

Far from 'crying like a little girl', I'm actually more concerned that Hibs have scored an own goal with this choice. The reaction on here and elsewhere (e.g. Evening News) has been very negative, so it really isn't widely liked.

What has actually happened is that Hibs have taken the absolute cheapest template and tried a marketing spin that doesn't make sense*. The shirt is cheap looking and both reflects badly on Hibs image and is also unlikely to be a good seller.

* The Famous Five played in white sleeves and the shirt looks nothing like the one from the 1920s.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Well their marketing people should be held responsible for that, not the fans.

I agree. 100%.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I may be spectacularly missing the point as well but are people saying they won't be buying the new Hibs strip because it offends their sense of "style"?

That's what's bugging me as well.
I'll admit that I'm no style guru but it never crossed my mind that people wore a football strip as a fashion accessory.
I always thought it was because it had your club badge on it.

erin go bragh
03-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Anyone got a picture of our new top ? Cant find it anywhere but most are saying its horrible .

Ggtth

marinello59
03-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Anyone got a picture of our new top ? Cant find it anywhere but most are saying its horrible .

Ggtth

Apparently it can't be shown on a public forum before the watershed. :greengrin