PDA

View Full Version : Players In

Bertie's XI
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Realistically how many players do we need in by the start of the season. Seen as we have let go 15 since the end of the season how many do we need in each position.

CallumLaidlaw
03-07-2014, 11:31 AM
6 by the start of the season, and a further 3 before the window closes.

2 x GK
1 x RB
1 x LB
1 x CB
1 x CM
1 x RM
1 x LM
1 x CF

pontius pilate
03-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Id just like us to be announcing a signing or two I know that AS hasnt been in the post long but he has said he had a list of targets before the interview process this draggig our heels is going to cost us in the long run.

MrRobot
03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Id just like us to be announcing a signing or two I know that AS hasnt been in the post long but he has said he had a list of targets before the interview process this draggig our heels is going to cost us in the long run.

Who says we're dragging our heels? Maybe the targets have had a trial and it didnt work? Maybe they aren't willing to sign for us? Maybe they are asking for stupid wages or the clubs are looking for too much money(if a fee is involved)

I would rather we go out there and find players with the right mentality for the club who actually want to play for us, not go and sign 5 players this afternoon just to appease impatient fans. There is a new regime now, I fully believe we will get the right players, but panic buying will not get us out of this mess.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Who says we're dragging our heels? Maybe the targets have had a trial and it didnt work? Maybe they aren't willing to sign for us? Maybe they are asking for stupid wages or the clubs are looking for too much money(if a fee is involved)

I would rather we go out there and find players with the right mentality for the club who actually want to play for us, not go and sign 5 players this afternoon just to appease impatient fans. There is a new regime now, I fully believe we will get the right players, but panic buying will not get us out of this mess.

Me too, but we hardly have a history of doing this, and the rest of the clubs just keep signing players. I wonder if those clubs are just signing players to appease their impatient support?

Callum_62
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Me too, but we hardly have a history of doing this, and the rest of the clubs just keep signing players. I wonder if those clubs are just signing players to appease their impatient support?

:thumbsup:

Every club bar Hibs are appeasing there silly, impatient support

:wink:

These silly clubs even have assistant managers

pentlando
03-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Not that many. I think we should be aiming for a strong first 11, but after that there are some younger players who should be ready to make the step up. Also, the players we have on the books should have been good enough for the Premiership, and should be good enough for the Championship if they are managed better. I would go for something like the below.

GK: New
RB: New
CB: Forster
CB: Hanlon
LB: Booth
DM: Jones
CM: Stanton/Stevenson
CM: Robertson
AML: Craig
AMR: New/Harris
ST: Cummings
Subs: (Not sure if 5 or 7 allowed)
DF: Nelson
DF: Young Full Back
MF: Stevenson/Stanton
MF: Handling
ST: Caldwell/Harris
ST: Heffernan

Not too many gaps, so I think the emphasis should be for the right signing rather than going for numbers. A strong first 11 supplemented by giving young players a chance will serve us better than signing squad players.

GloryGlory
03-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Not that many. I think we should be aiming for a strong first 11, but after that there are some younger players who should be ready to make the step up. Also, the players we have on the books should have been good enough for the Premiership, and should be good enough for the Championship if they are managed better. I would go for something like the below.

RB: New
CB: Forster
CB: Hanlon
LB: Booth
DM: Jones
CM: Stanton/Stevenson
CM: Robertson
AML: Craig
AMR: New/Harris
ST: Cummings
Subs: (Not sure if 5 or 7 allowed)
DF: Nelson
DF: Young Full Back
MF: Stevenson/Stanton
MF: Handling
ST: Caldwell/Harris
ST: Heffernan

Not too many gaps, so I think the emphasis should be for the right signing rather than going for numbers. A strong first 11 supplemented by giving young players a chance will serve us better than signing squad players.

Sorry, can't agree. That defence will lose goals galore and the one striker will struggle to get into double figures.

GreenPJ
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Sorry, can't agree. That defence will lose goals galore and the one striker will struggle to get into double figures.

Well it will without a GK and RB :wink:

pontius pilate
03-07-2014, 12:24 PM
I wasnt having a go at the club in my original post what I was saying though is that we haven't been linked with anybody either in the press or on here through greggs rumours. As others have eluded to other clubs are buying is that just to appease fans I will just settle for the end of transfer window signings then the fallout between supporters wether said signing can make a difference or its a panic buy or its the 3rd 4th 5th choice signing or indeed the family favourite RP/LD wasnt wanting to pay wages so early to ensure we cut costs.

silverhibee
03-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Signings are imminent.

Patience is needed.

Hibs are in a mess.

Our owner has forgot about his customers.

Roll on Saturday. :rolleyes:

J-C
03-07-2014, 12:40 PM

I think you may see Stubbs playing a 4-2-3-1 akin to Everton's style under Martinez, especially if he gets in a few loans from there. This isn't a bad thing but the 3 attacking midfielders needs to chip in with a lot of assists and a good few goals themselves.

new goalie

RB
Forster
Hanlon
Booth

OTJ
Robertson

Harris
Stanton
Craig

Cummings/Handling/new striker

This is what we have at the moment.

scuttle
03-07-2014, 12:50 PM
I think you may see Stubbs playing a 4-2-3-1 akin to Everton's style under Martinez, especially if he gets in a few loans from there. This isn't a bad thing but the 3 attacking midfielders needs to chip in with a lot of assists and a good few goals themselves.

new goalie

RB
Forster
Hanlon
Booth

OTJ
Robertson

Harris
Stanton
Craig

I could not stand another season playing one up front,it simply does not work for me

GreenOnions
03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
I could not stand another season playing one up front,it simply does not work for me

Strictly speaking -we played with one up front under Tony Mowbray most of the time - O'Connor then Killen - and we couldn't be described as anything other than an attacking team at that time. Yes - we had better players then, but it's more about the overall combination in the team: Do we have attacking full-backs who get to the bye-line, do we have midfielders who get up to support the striker etc. If we do - then the system needn't be a negative one at all.

............................... New Keeper

New Right Back..New Centr Defender..Hanlon..Booth

.........................Robertson..New Central Midf
.....New winger............................................ ...Harris
.........................................Stanton
..........................New Striker

Subs: Forster, Stevenson, Tudor-Jones, Cummings, Craig, Handling, New Reserve Keeper

That's a minimum six new players for the first 11 plus another goalie = seven.

patlowe
03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Strictly speaking -we played with one up front under Tony Mowbray most of the time - O'Connor then Killen - and we couldn't be described as anything other than an attacking team at that time. Yes - we had better players then, but it's more about the overall combination in the team: Do we have attacking full-backs who get to the bye-line, do we have midfielders who get up to support the striker etc. If we do - then the system needn't be a negative one at all.

............................... New Keeper

New Right Back..New Centr Defender..Hanlon..Booth

.........................Robertson..New Central Midf
.....New winger............................................ ...Harris
.........................................Stanton
..........................New Striker

Subs: Forster, Stevenson, Tudor-Jones, Cummings, Craig, Handling, New Reserve Keeper

That's a minimum six new players for the first 11 plus another goalie = seven.

They're going to have to be a helluva good seven players if they are going to raise the quality of the squad to a sufficient standard to challenge for promotion.

Totally agree with your point about 1 up front.

Brightside
03-07-2014, 02:09 PM

new goalie

RB
Forster
Hanlon
Booth

OTJ
Robertson

Harris
Stanton
Craig

Don't want to argue but Martinez has moved to the 343 that Chile use. I'd love it if we went don't that route.

we are hibs
03-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Harris should be no where near the first team. Needs a decent loan spell away from the club. He was shocking last season.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 03:12 PM
I'm really trying to stay positive but I keep seeing people putting Forster in the starting 11.
He is nowhere near ready.

allezsauzee
03-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Forster did well at right back last season. I think he could easily play there next season

PeterboroHibee
03-07-2014, 04:08 PM

Of course it does. Teams have been hugely successful at every level with that approach. Just because you are playing 1 striker isnt a negative tactic and can be hugely effective with the right players and system (and equally, playing 2 strikers can be ineffective).

sparkiedelpaco7
03-07-2014, 04:23 PM
New GK

New RB, Foster, Hanlon, New LB

Craig Stanton

New RM Robertson Harris

New ST

Others

New GK
Booth
New CH
New CM
Handling
Cummings
New ST

03-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Harris should be no where near the first team. Needs a decent loan spell away from the club. He was shocking last season.

I agree. I think he needs a season or so away at a 3rd or 2nd division side where he can get regular games and hopefully start to build up his confidence and return to the player he was when he first broke into the team.

Brightside
03-07-2014, 05:17 PM
New GK

New RB, Foster, Hanlon, New LB

Craig Stanton

New RM Robertson Harris

New ST

Others

New GK
Booth
New CH
New CM
Handling
Cummings
New ST

You have two attacking mids as defensive mids?

Django
03-07-2014, 11:11 PM
NEW GK

NEW RB
NEW CB
Hanlon
Booth

NEW WINGER/Craig
Robertson
Stanton
NEW WINGER

NEW STRIKER
Cummings

Bench:
NEW GK
Forster
Stevenson
OTJ
Harris (preference is to loan him)
Caldwell
New backup STRIKER

That is 8 players in total as a minimum we need to seriously consider as promotion candidates

Shields Hibee
03-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Stubbs has said he's looking at getting guys in from Everton on loan to boost the squad. I'd rather we got quality over quantity and started building for the future as opposed bringing people in who have been no better than that we had to begin with.