PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the new home kit

Diclonius
03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Yes or no?

SlickShoes
03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
utterly rancid, worst home top I can remember the sponsor it garish.

Love the way they are marketing it though.

The_Todd
03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't like it but then I'm not the one who has to wear it. As long as the players wearing the thing are decent it could be pink with blue stripes for all I care.

Haymaker
03-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Looks cheap and tacky. Was going to get one as my birthday is coming up but not now.

AL-Qaholik
03-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Where's the "worst strip ever" option...?

Charnley 4
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Boardrooms love stats. When the strips don't sell maybe they can have a look at this and see why. Then again it is not a positive stat.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 10:25 AM

That's what I was wondering, "don't like it" just doesn't cover it.

Betty Boop
Jeezo looks very cheap and nasty !

Mon Dieu4
Its absolutely pish, its the lies that come with them that annoy me these days, like the discussions with Nike, honour players, was the same with the Puma down the slope one, funny how Spurs had the same idea then

they have went for the biggest mark up they can get and it will fail spectacularly imo

baggio70
03-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Awful

NatureBoy
03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Horrendous, can we please cut whatever deal we have with Nike these kits are a joke.

Ozyhibby
03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
I like it. :-)
The quality of player wearing it is far more important to me.

TowerHibs
Don't mind it at all. Mind a few years ago a team having to wear the other teams away kit (think it was Morton)

Its who is wearing the strip that matters

Albanian Hibs
Minging

HappyAsHellas
03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
It's what the greatest team on planet earth will be wearing this season, and if they're playing the type of football we all want to see, then it's fine with me.

Rivers Cuomo
03-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Horrible, cheap and nasty.

Just like Hibs these days.

More worrying that Stubbs hasn't named a #2 or any signings yet though.

marinello59
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
I like it and actually think it will grow on others. Sorry if my fashion sense offends anyone. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
After getting over the initial shock, I actually quite like it and the idea behind it. If so many dislike it though then I'll hang on for it being at a reduced price :wink:

Zondervan
03-07-2014, 10:50 AM
As someone who doesn't buy strips I personally won't be wearing one. It does look very cheap though.

If the deal with Nike relies on us selling a specific amount to generate income for the club, I don't see these being the biggest sellers.

Also, why go for the cheapest Nike template available? Do the more expensive ones offer better performance (e.g cooling vents, moisture repellant) and do these features actually make any difference?!

Aldo
03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Colour is pretty good tbh shame we don't have a collar cos after looking at the mock ups done on here I knew there would be massive disappointment.

DarrenSQH
03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Worst ever

Leithal Sauzee
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Absolutely Awful - First Season for a long time I won't be buying it for my son or myself

BT58
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM
on another thread you can buy a NIKE training top that is similar [ a lighter green] with no logo ,,,
how much will the new monstrosity be ?????

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 10:55 AM
I like the colour, i like the all green and no white sleeves, but it does look cheap. I don't wear strips, so it makes no difference whether i'd buy one or not.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2014, 10:55 AM
£12 template dressed up as a 'tribute' - honking

Cauld Bovril
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I like it although I'm not the target market, I'm too old and fat to be cutting about in a football top.
The sponsors logo makes it look a bit cheap but it's not aesthetics that count when it comes to sponsorship deals I suppose.
The marketing is a good idea but I've no doubt that came after the template was agreed.
If we're only moaning about the strip when the season is under way, I'll be a happy, fat auld git.

mutley
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
As I mentioned on another thread, the first thing I thought of was our 2006/07 Away shirt (le coq Sportif, with White and Mackat sponsor)

It would be fine as an Away top, but I hate it as a Home top. I won't be buying it

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 10:57 AM

100% for me worst home top ever!

Smartie
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
As I mentioned on another thread, the first thing I thought of was our 2006/07 Away shirt (le coq Sportif, with White and Mackat sponsor)

It would be fine as an Away top, but I hate it as a Home top. I won't be buying it

It would be ok as a third kit, if we were in Europe or something. Or maybe even as a training top.

I'd want something better as an away kit and it's criminal that this should be our home kit.

blackpoolhibs

Absolutely loved this strip, and the player inside it. :top marks

Green Fish
A dressed up training top, poor poor effort but won't care if we win game after game, when's the away top launched?

Geo_1875
03-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Great colour. I like the relaxed styling as well, that'll look much better on the non-athletes seen wandering around Easter Road on matchdays.

The Harp Awakes
03-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Although I don't have a problem with reverting to bottle green, that strip looks cheap and nasty. The sponsor's logo is horrendous particularly because the red/white/black colours are completely out of step with the colour of the strip.

I hate being negative about Hibs, but whoever opted for that choice needs their head examined. I also find the Famous Five marketing stuff cringeworthy:boo hoo:

Groathillgrump
03-07-2014, 11:05 AM
'I don't like it' doesn't even begin to describe my hatred of it. Piss poor effort IMHO.

chasitup
03-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Where's the option for not too bothered either way. I'm far more concerned about the quality of players who'll be wearing it.

Billy McKirdy
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
I love it. A complete break from tradition. I always thought that the white sleeves was more a tribute to Arsenal than a Hibs tradition and the insistence on white sleeves year in and out has held us back as far as strip design is concerned, it's the colours I wear that's important.I welcome this.

Jpdhfc
03-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes or no?

No

Waxy
03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
I think it's great. We should keep the same colours for a while.

weonlywon6-2
03-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Yes ,love it.
There is a history behind this top and if you read it it will all make sense.Based on an original.top from many years ago it couldnt be fancy
I will be getting one

GloryGlory
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Yes or no?

Hate it.

The sponsor's logo is dreadful, but even without that, the shirt just isn't "the Hibs".

Hate the black socks, too, but at least they freshen up the old "white socks/green socks?" argument. :greengrin

hibee
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Even though it's a training top with an awful sponsors sticker it didn't look too bad until I scrolled down to see the full kit with white shorts and black socks. That really doesn't work!

Northern Hibby
03-07-2014, 11:20 AM
I don't like it but then I'm not the one who has to wear it. As long as the players wearing the thing are decent it could be pink with blue stripes for all I care.

My thoughts exactly, sack cloth (as long as was green) would do me!

weonlywon6-2
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Colour is pretty good tbh shame we don't have a collar cos after looking at the mock ups done on here I knew there would be massive disappointment.

A collar would have finished it of nicely,similar to the French style

TB134
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
I like the colours, and I like the motto. As long as the players play for it, I'll be happy. We're stuck with the sponsorship logo, so I've no feelings about that, especially. Looking at the Hibs strip from 1929, the colours are spot on. If they'd gone for green socks, it'd have been the 1914 version. The Nike strips wash better than the Puma or LCQ ones did. I'm all for retro kit, and the idea of using the colour combo of the kits when the FF were born, and using their descendants to model them is fine by me. It's a real pity there's so much negativity about the club at the moment, it seems that whatever they do, folks think they're always in the wrong. Here's hoping Stubbs gets us back to playing an attractive style of football again.

johnrebus
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Although I don't have a problem with reverting to bottle green, that strip looks cheap and nasty. The sponsor's logo is horrendous particularly because the red/white/black colours are completely out of step with the colour of the strip.

I hate being negative about Hibs, but whoever opted for that choice needs their head examined. I also find the Famous Five marketing stuff cringeworthy:boo hoo:

Sponsors logo is awful.

Whole thing looks like something you'd find in the bargain bin at Lidl.

:bitchy:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Why do we do this utterly non inspirational marketing.

Last year we had a competition to advertise the strip, this year we parade relatives (no disresepct) of our famous five.

Surely we need to focus on the future, can we not do what other teams do and promote it using our own players?

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Yes ,love it.
There is a history behind this top and if you read it it will all make sense.Based on an original.top from many years ago it couldnt be fancy
I will be getting one

"There is a history behind this top" Are you being serious here?!

Fair dos like the top all you want but by god they haven't half sucked you in eh?

Utter bollox to say this is a tribute top. It's almost the exact same top we used for training when we had Whyte & MacKay years ago.

Thecat23
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM

Last year we had a competition to advertise the strip, this year we parade relatives (no disresepct) of our famous five.

Surely we need to focus on the future, can we not do what other teams do and promote it using our own players?

My thoughts exactly. Although we don't really have any ;)

johnrebus
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM

Maybe it's because we haven't got any players?

:dunno:

BVB Hibs
03-07-2014, 11:33 AM
I actually quite like it. Had been worried about the sponsors logo, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been, doesn't look too bad with the darker green. I'm actually quite a fan, though I wouldn't have minded a white collar.

Greenblood70
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Utterly ganting - definitely the worst I can remember.

sesoim
03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
No matter what they do to the strip, two things are a must as far as I'm concerned - a dark green torso and white sleeves. Without the white sleeves, it just looks like a cheap away strip. I don't mind small changes, or even a third colour like a thin trim along the colour or shorts. But NOT an all green top.

No matter what happens to a club, two things must remain for it to keep its identity - the name and the strip. I feel as if one of these things has just been taken away.

jacomo
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Its absolutely pish, its the lies that come with them that annoy me these days, like the discussions with Nike, honour players, was the same with the Puma down the slope one, funny how Spurs had the same idea then

they have went for the biggest mark up they can get and it will fail spectacularly imo

:agree:

Cringe worthy. Unless it was Spurs who were wondering why they had an asymmetric top of course...

Notahappyhibee
03-07-2014, 12:04 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/03/4aqu9anu.jpg
I Thinks find a old snickers bar wrapper and stick on last season training top ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Howling.

Beefster
03-07-2014, 12:15 PM
I couldn't care less about the kit but mini-Beefster likes it because "it's Hibs" so will be getting one.

GloryGlory
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Great colour. I like the relaxed styling as well, that'll look much better on the non-athletes seen wandering around Easter Road on matchdays.

And that's just the players! :greengrin

CraigHibee
03-07-2014, 12:36 PM
not a fan of it at all

lobster
03-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Like it but like many posters have said its totally ruined by the tawdry sponsor logo on it.
If they were going down that route why didn't they do something similar to France which is a bit more classy?

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 12:38 PM
To be fair, the likes have now increased from 10% to over 20%

Just wait for the sales figures, we're good to go!

marinello59
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
I couldn't care less about the kit but mini-Beefster likes it because "it's Hibs" so will be getting one.

Same goes with wee M59. Most kids will be the same I reckon.

Twiglet
03-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I really like it. Love the colour. Love the story behind it.

Cracker
03-07-2014, 12:52 PM

Well said Cat 😁

jacomo
03-07-2014, 12:54 PM

Shame the story is (probably) b*******. The 'we worked closely with Nike' line rings a bit hollow, and I feel like we are having our own heritage repackaged and sold back to us.

Forever_Green93
03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Bowfing

we are hibs
03-07-2014, 02:56 PM
If it didn't have a sponsor like that and had white sleeves then it would be decent but the sponsor is a real eyesore.... I'll probably still buy it though.

edinburghhibs
03-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Don't like it at all.

Stevo1875
03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
too much like a training top.

gillythehibby
03-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Aye that's nice but the new one doesny look like that. It's rank !! The white sleeves are what makes a Hibs top so different. Murder !

Ronniekirk
03-07-2014, 03:15 PM
100% for me worst home top ever!
Agree It's Minging .

gillythehibby
03-07-2014, 03:15 PM
And another thig, If they wanted to commemorate the Famous Five, they would have left the horrendous sponsor off the tops. - No like:grr:

StevieC
03-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Don't mind the top, doesn't look too bad. More of an away top (or training top) than a home one though.

The main issue is the sponsors logo .. that's what would put me off buying it.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Aye that's nice but the new one doesny look like that. It's rank !! The white sleeves are what makes a Hibs top so different. Murder !

Hibs have not always had white sleeves though, and in my opinion i prefer that strip that Alex Edwards is wearing all day long.

I agree the new strip does look cheap.:agree:

basehibby
03-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with the kit itself (other than it NOT actually being our proper home kit!?!) - but the sponsor label leaves a lot to be desired - not only do the colours clash but it's in a crappy font that just looks like someone battered it out on MS Word.

Unfortunately this DOES matter somewhat IMO. The sponsors label takes up a lot of space right accross the front of a kit and therefore makes a big difference to how it looks and whether it exudes a cool or a naff vibe overall.

stanton_4
03-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Lets be totally honest here. Our new strip this season is a bottle green Nike t-shirt. Big baggy white Nike shorts and black Nike socks. No imagination and no inspiration. It is the most basic of football strips. It stinks of low manufacturing costs.

lord bunberry
03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
They used to sell famous five tops in the shop that were really good, a top that looked like that would have been great. The top we've ended up with looks nothing like that and is awful

Stringer
03-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Stopped caring about football kits a long time ago. Just wear a scarf to the games

Nomeancity
03-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Am I missing something here. Why are we even entertaining it. There are no white sleeves so it is NOT a hibs top.

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Am I missing something here. Why are we even entertaining it. There are no white sleeves so it is NOT a hibs top.

We have not always had white sleeves.

smurf
03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
It is an abomination and regrettable that they are using the great name of the greatest ever forward line to market it...

Joe
03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Worst top ever. I was hell bent on buying this years shirt, Hibs just saved me £50.

It's a green shirt with a Hibs badge, that's not a Hibs shirt.

Nomeancity
03-07-2014, 04:22 PM
We have not always had white sleeves.
I know we've not but white sleeves are hibs.

greenlex
03-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Even in the darkest days of the last few seasons I always got a buzz of anticipation watching the green and white clad players coming out the tunnel. That has now been taken away. Well one Hibs. Its ****ing awful!!!

Peevemor
03-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Like a few others, the strip in itself doesn't bother me but the sponsor's logo looks awful - both the logo in itself and the shiny crappy transfer effect. I'm not buying the famous five guff either. I'd also prefer white only embroidery for the badge instead of the second shade of green.

I'd like to think of this as the last big mistake of the old regime.

greenpaper55
03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm far to old for football strips but to me it looks ok and looks no worse than any others, why not get a nice white shirt for going out ?.

smurf
03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Like a few others, the strip in itself doesn't bother me but the sponsor's logo looks awful - both the logo in itself and the shiny crappy transfer effect. I'm not buying the famous five guff either. I'd also prefer white only embroidery for the badge instead of the second shade of green.

I'd like to think of this as the last big mistake of the old regime.

Old regime?:confused:

Peevemor
03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Old regime?:confused:

Do you think LD, who appears to be receptive to supporter opinion, will make a similar faux pas this time next year?

truehibernian
03-07-2014, 04:33 PM
It is an abomination and regrettable that they are using the great name of the greatest ever forward line to market it...

I presume that they at the very least consulted with the families of the great 5 to see what their thoughts were ? It's a crying shame because my memories of Lawrie and Eddie in pictures were always green and white cotton strip, collar up, sleeves rolled and ready for battle......this strip is absolutely horrendous and typically ill thought through and lacked fan consultation.

Well done Hibs marketing - you've even made us feel crap about the strips :rolleyes::faf::aok:

03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
I don't like it at all so wont be buying it but end of the day it's just a top. As long as the players wearing it are giving 100% for the badge on the front of it then i'll be happy. End of the day - don't like it, don't buy it. Simple really.

HibeesLA
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
They used to sell famous five tops in the shop that were really good, a top that looked like that would have been great. The top we've ended up with looks nothing like that and is awful

It's not a Famous Five top though. It's to commemorate the top worn when they were born, not when they were playing.

It's a bit loose on the Marketing angle for me. Our marketing guys at work have come up with some stretches in their time, and this is definitely up there with the best. I like the top, the colour, but the Marathon logo is far too large for my liking. I'm still happy playing in my Puma top, so no need to rush out and buy one just yet. I wish they had shown the back as well. I hope the logo on the back (crabbies still I think?) is a decent size, and maybe positioned at the bottom.

truehibernian
03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't like it at all so wont be buying it but end of the day it's just a top. As long as the players wearing it are giving 100% for the badge on the front of it then i'll be happy. End of the day - don't like it, don't buy it. Simple really.

Thing is mate, if your son/grandson/daughter/granddaughter buys the strip and then decides to have a wee look at Hibs and the Famous Five, they'll turn round and say 'but they are wearing different tops daddy....their's has white sleeves'....

It's a spectacular spectacular fail........whoever made the decision to go with this, the idea of 'when they were born' and not 'when they played together', and the colour scheme........should not be in post next season.

The green and white of Hibs for me is history, sentiment, love, passion and why I still sadly have them in my blood.

This strip says absolutely nothing to me about my football club, other than it's like the team......a huge mess !

Pretty Boy
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
On the plus side just think how happy we will all be when we get the white sleeves back next year.

The Harp Awakes
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Intended buying either the new Hibs top or the Scotland home top for the holidays. After seeing that horrendous Hibs top today, it pretty much decided it for me and went down to JDs to buy the Scotland top this afternoon only to find that it's almost as bogging as the Hibs top. A white stuck on badge and cheap material. I guess I've saved some dosh:rolleyes:

03-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Thing is mate, if your son/grandson/daughter/granddaughter buys the strip and then decides to have a wee look at Hibs and the Famous Five, they'll turn round and say 'but they are wearing different tops daddy....their's has white sleeves'....

It's a spectacular spectacular fail........whoever made the decision to go with this, the idea of 'when they were born' and not 'when they played together', and the colour scheme........should not be in post next season.

The green and white of Hibs for me is history, sentiment, love, passion and why I still sadly have them in my blood.

This strip says absolutely nothing to me about my football club, other than it's like the team......a huge mess !

Agree. The kit is an absolute shambles don't get me wrong. I like the idea of tryna do something in tribute of the famous 5 but they have gotten it completely wrong!

Hibbyradge
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Are there any photos of someone wearing the new home top yet?

It looks good to me but I haven't seen it properly yet.

Phil D. Rolls
03-07-2014, 06:24 PM
I think there's a few people on here that have never gotten over the fact that they didn't get a Johnnycake Seven gun for Christmas.

Hibrandenburg
03-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Bowfin!

OsloHibs
03-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Just viewed it, so it maybe (hopefully) it looks better in person than in print- but I'm not so keen at all. Very dark & masculine and I'm not a fan of dark socks.

07BigD
03-07-2014, 06:56 PM
I like it

HibsNZ
03-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Extremely disappointed, that's not a Hibs top for me, buy the home top every year but not this one!

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Not even close to being a Hibs top. Ganting.

Northernhibee
03-07-2014, 07:15 PM
If it's a one year, one off kit then I kind of like it.

HibsNZ
03-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Extremely disappointed, that's not a Hibs top for me, buy the home top every year but not this one!

Sir David Gray
03-07-2014, 07:34 PM
My main gripe is with the sponsor's logo.

I can't believe they seem to have gone with the same kind of stick on design for the logo that we had last season with the Crabbie's one, considering the number of tops that were returned to the club after so many of the logos were peeling off after a couple of washes.

I definitely won't be buying this one.

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2014, 07:34 PM
I like it and actually think it will grow on others. Sorry if my fashion sense offends anyone. :greengrin

Well with me I like top n shorts but black socks????? What I don't like is the sponsor logo it a to big if the name was stitched on bye letter n white that's fine. But it looks like a bumper sticker smack on .

hibeejeebies
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
It really is awful.

The strip is like warpaint. It represents another part of our identity which is being washed away by the lack of consultation with fans and the patronising PR horse***** that goes along with it.

07BigD
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
It seems to me they have put a bit of effort in getting living relatives to model it etc, they are working with modern generic kits, eveb top clubs are getting some generalised strip

leggeto
03-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Looks like an away top,prefer if it had the white sleeves, I'll still buy them for the kids though 5/10 for me

007 Mickey Weir
03-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Cheap and rotten!

DH1875
03-07-2014, 08:41 PM
too much like a training top.

That's my thoughts as well :agree:.

Gala Foxes
03-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Shirt looks like a prototype that a Nike apprentice has run off on his lunch break

basehibby
03-07-2014, 09:50 PM
Got to say there's some right moaning pishybreeks on here. OK it's not the usual green with white sleeves but is not far off the dark green away strip we had a few seasons back which went down pretty well IIRC (of course we hadn't just been relegated back then but there you go). But for some it's apparently "the worst strip ever" ?!? 10/10 if you're looking for an oscar for being a reactionary drama queen but 0/10 for objectivity.

For the record it IS a Hibs strip "The 2014/15 kit is a tribute to Hibernian as it appeared at the very inception of the Famous Five story, solid bottle green shirt, white shorts and black socks." Source - fishy site

The sponsor panel looks a bit pish to me but other than that it looks pretty good IMO.

Hibbyradge
03-07-2014, 10:16 PM
It's a fine shirt.

But, like everyone else, I haven't actually seen it yet.

Wilbur
03-07-2014, 11:29 PM
It's vile, would be just about acceptable as an away strip but certainly not the home strip. The away one better be amazing or I'll be buying the goalie top!

cabbageandribs1875
03-07-2014, 11:39 PM
It's vile, would be just about acceptable as an away strip but certainly not the home strip. The away one better be amazing or I'll be buying the goalie top!

you could be playing on saturday if you do

Shields Hibee
03-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Very poor effort only to be made worse when you see what we've got as training gear. The idea is good but this should've been a special limited edition kit with the home one being something different & launched in a few weeks with the away kit.

Will be interesting to see how many folk are down the shop first thing in the morning. Went about 11:30 on launch day last year & wasn't that busy.

LaMotta
03-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Just seen it its ***in horrible. Who picks the final design seriously? Someone somwehere must have thought it was a good idea but who?

Shocking effort.

Shields Hibee
03-07-2014, 11:58 PM
I saw a pic of it on facebook on Weds night & had hoped it was some Jambo posting a fake pic but sadly it was the real thing. Should've guessed as the photo had rails & rails of the awful shirt.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
My thoughts exactly. Although we don't really have any ;)

Your PM's are full again Mr Popular :wink::greengrin

Keith_M
04-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Just seen it its ***in horrible. Who picks the final design seriously? Someone somwehere must have thought it was a good idea but who?

Shocking effort.

Seeing as you can get the template online for £8, I'd say it was picked by an Accountant.

Said Accountant then asked the Marketing Dept to quickly come up with some Marketing Spin as to why we've changed to a 'Pine Green'* strip and, in their desperation, presented us with the worst thought out Marketing I've ever heard.

The fact that they've even come up with such reasoning is an insult to our intelligence.**

* That is the official Nike Designation

** OK, the intelligence of the average fan, I'm personally not very bright.

Hibbyradge
04-07-2014, 10:48 AM
It's very smart, imo.

It reminds me if the type of shirts wirn by Bundesliga teams for some reason.

I wish the logo was a different colour, but apart from that, it looks great.

Keith_M
04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
It's very smart, imo.

I wish the logo was a different colour, but apart from that, it looks great.

So you're one of the 23% that actually like it. It's always cool to be out of the mainstream.

:greengrin

Sergio sledge
04-07-2014, 10:49 AM
It looks a lot better without sponsors and I have to say it is growing on me.

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0007150_ss-home-jsy-14-15-junior.jpeg

They used to sell you a top without logos if you requested it, I wonder if they still do, if they do I might get one after all. Otherwise it'll be this one for me I think.

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0007127_comp-13-training-top-adult.jpeg

lugz
04-07-2014, 10:50 AM
the top is much better in person. A lot of the training tops are very smart and will sell well.

back from shop 10 mins ago and it was dead, sad times.

Hibbyradge
04-07-2014, 10:53 AM
So you're one of the 23% that actually like it. It's always cool to be out of the mainstream.

:greengrin

I do like it and the hysteria surrounding it is incredible.

I find it difficult to believe that people can get so upset and abgry about a piece of clothing.

Hibercelona
04-07-2014, 11:12 AM

I find it difficult to believe that people can get so upset and abgry about a piece of clothing.

Not really. It's not just a piece of clothing and shouldn't be treated as such. Anything that holds the badge represents the club and should therefore look the part.

(((Fergus)))
04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Colour
Simplicity
White shorts/black socks retro combo

Dislikes:

General marketing
Very unconvincing and random. Or is there some anniversary? If it was a genuine Famous Five tribute it would be a replica of one of their strips and not the 1902 era - which is a great kit... and era.
Sponsor logos
Marathonbet logo could and should have been integrated better colour-wise, e.g. green monochrome. Result would be a more elegant product that would then benefit both parties.
Crabbies logo on back works reasonably well in this respect but then the more sponsors you add, the cheaper and more diluted is the end result.
Nike
Graphically, Nike kits are generally tastefully styled but in terms of cut and fabric they look and are cheap

Basic kit colours are great but execution and especially sponsor integration is poor. Spurious marketing campaign is from wrong era.

Overall though, I like it, especially compared with last season's mediocre effort.

sesoim
05-07-2014, 10:20 PM

I find it hard to believe that anyone can think the strip ISN'T important. The strip IS Hibs. Change it to such a degree as they have this time and you are taking a bit of Hibs away. I'd rate the importance of the strip somewhere between the club's name and the place that we play.

And the timing couldn't be worse if they want to get the fans back on their side.

sesoim
05-07-2014, 10:35 PM

For me, the sleeves have got to be white or it isn't Hibs. but I have to admit that strip looks good - first time I've ever seen it. At least there are still touches of white on the top, and the colour is true Hibs.

The new one is disgusting and we might as well just be any old team that plays in green with the top we now have.

NAE NOOKIE
05-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Saw it in the flesh at Vale match today.

Drab drab rab drab drab drab drab drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrab !!!!

Eyrie
05-07-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm in a positive mood at the moment, so I'm positive that this time next year we'll be saying that the 15/16 shirt is a massive improvement.

Pete
05-07-2014, 11:41 PM
I got one today and while it doesn't immediately strike you as a traditional hibs shirt, it is very smart and the quality is no worse than any other kit we've had recently. It's certainly not "cheap" in any way in my opinion and I think there has been a bit of an overreaction to say the least. It's for one season FFS, it's not as if we're starting a newco, changing colours or calling ourselves something different like the tigers on a permanent basis.:greengrin

Peeling shouldn't be an issue either now. The guy in the shop explained that the reason behind all the problems was a switch to a new company that did the transfers. They have now binned them and went back to the place they were using before that, who they had been using for about ten years and have had practically no trouble with. Fingers crossed.

Nomeancity
06-07-2014, 10:59 PM
I am astounded at the lack of uproar that we have lost the white sleeves. White sleeves are hibs!!!
someone says it's only a jersey. Ok it's only green, why not make it maroon after all it's only a jersey. Easter road is only a stadium, why not just move somewhere else. Hibs are only a football team, there's loads of other ones about just support them. The hibs top is green with white sleeves, anything else is not hibs FFS!! Is it just me?

twiceinathens
06-07-2014, 11:22 PM
I have bought both a strip and the green version of the training top. I am very happy with the latter. I am reasonably happy with the actual strip although I would prefer white sleeves. However the whole thing is ruined by the logo which looks cheap. Looks as if no account has been taken of possible impact of a logo at the design stage. Rather fear that this will have a negative effect on sales.

EdinMike
07-07-2014, 12:50 AM
If the sponsor logo was just all white text it would have been fine I think.

Its not as bad as I thought though, but if I'll be getting anything it'll be a training top.

Turkish Green
07-07-2014, 01:25 AM
I am astounded at the lack of uproar that we have lost the white sleeves. White sleeves are hibs!!!
someone says it's only a jersey. Ok it's only green, why not make it maroon after all it's only a jersey. Easter road is only a stadium, why not just move somewhere else. Hibs are only a football team, there's loads of other ones about just support them. The hibs top is green with white sleeves, anything else is not hibs FFS!! Is it just me?
For me, Hibs is emerald green AND white sleeves.

How could marketing come up with the Green & White Army slogan without the white.

EdinMike
07-07-2014, 01:46 AM
I think my cousin got it right when it comes to what we should have had this year..

Time For Heroes
07-07-2014, 03:46 AM
I think my cousin got it right when it comes to what we should have had this year..

Wow!
Honestly love the both of them.

EdinMike
07-07-2014, 04:10 AM
Wow!
Honestly love the both of them.

The away strip is stunning he designed a scarf too..

offshorehibby
07-07-2014, 05:17 AM
Now i've seen it a few times i don't have a problem with it and can't see what the OTT greeting's been about.

Although as somebody above said Hibs should be Emerald green with white sleeves.

VPHIBEE
07-07-2014, 05:54 AM
Yes or no?

Granted is not our traditional Green & White (but we have played terribly in that for the last 7 years, so maybe a change for this season is good), but is essentially a smart top. It is however ruined by the minging sponsors logo. My 4 year old could have come up with a better design with crayons and a piece of paper (she gets her drawing skills from her daddy, and for the record I am no Picasso).

Hibernia Na Eir
07-07-2014, 06:59 AM
If the sponsor logo was just all white text it would have been fine I think.

Its not as bad as I thought though, but if I'll be getting anything it'll be a training top.

Don't get too excited re training tops. Had a look at them in club shop and they are poor quality for what they are. The photos on official website do make them look good, but, take away the hibs badge and it'd be just another cheapie Nike design.
IMO the only decent Nike stuff in club shop is the jackets. Still overpriced though.

timewilltell
07-07-2014, 07:12 AM
For me, the sleeves have got to be white or it isn't Hibs. but I have to admit that strip looks good - first time I've ever seen it. At least there are still touches of white on the top, and the colour is true Hibs.

The new one is disgusting and we might as well just be any old team that plays in green with the top we now have.

Disgusting? ....... Really?

Phil D. Rolls
07-07-2014, 07:22 AM
Not really. It's not just a piece of clothing and shouldn't be treated as such. Anything that holds the badge represents the club and should therefore look the part.

I'm not going to miss his posts.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can think the strip ISN'T important. The strip IS Hibs. Change it to such a degree as they have this time and you are taking a bit of Hibs away. I'd rate the importance of the strip somewhere between the club's name and the place that we play.

And the timing couldn't be worse if they want to get the fans back on their side.

I wonder if there was this uproar when we changed the strip in the 30s. I think there probably wasn't.

If people have nothing else going on in their lives, they tend to invent the most trivial crises, to give them something to think about.

Renfrew_Hibby
07-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Check out the new 1860 Munich home top... now if that was in green...

www.tsv1860.de (http://www.tsv1860.de)

Time For Heroes
07-07-2014, 01:57 PM
The away strip is stunning he designed a scarf too..

:aok:
Like that too.

hibsdaft70
07-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Was greeting like a 3 year old about it on Friday........ bought it on Saturday!! Go figure. Like others have said, much better in the flesh.

Lewis77
07-07-2014, 03:31 PM
I wonder if the sponsors would have changed the colouring of the logo if asked?

Hibiza
07-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Strip looks ok , who decided to ditch the sleeves. Prob Leanne savin on the washing bill.:confused:

Bristolhibby
07-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I wonder if the sponsors would have changed the colouring of the logo if asked?

Apparently we did, and they wouldn't.

So there ya go. TBF the sponsors pay a lot of cash for their logo to be on our shirts.

J

Heedraba
07-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Yes or no?
I don't like the new home kit. The cynic in me reckons it's a ploy to sell more away kits as Hibs will have to change for more games as the new disaster looks like most other strips in the league. They'll certainly have to change when playing at Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Regarding honouring the Famous Five with this strip, I think it's an extremely contrived reason for for doing away with the white sleeves. Hibs have had white sleeves since 1938 (76 years ago), but to us still living Hibs supporters, the white sleeves made it a Hibs strip just like Motherwell's claret hoop or Blackburn's blue & white halfs.

It's the cheapest template Nike do. It's plain and bland.