PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Every Legend Has A Beginning

RSS Bot
03-07-2014, 09:50 AM
The New Hibernian Home Kit

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140703/every-legend-has-a-beginning_2262950_3946929)

TheFamous1875
03-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Aw naw!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Del Boy
03-07-2014, 09:51 AM
The sponsor on it totally ruins it

AgentDaleCooper
Wtf

Keith_M
OMG, the abomination is real!

Diclonius
03-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Would be acceptable, were it not for the sponsor. What

G-Reg
03-07-2014, 09:52 AM

Correct

Vini1875
03-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Idea is a good one but this top is not for me. I hate the logo on the front. I think I'll be waiting on the away kit.

kentao
Just when you though things at hibs couldnt get any worse and then they release this WTF!

bigwheel
A retro version of the strips the famous five wore would have been a much more appropriate strip.

Keith_M
I can exclusively reveal the content of a secret communication last week between Ann Budge and Leeann Dempster.

"LD,

I see the Hobos haven't yet worked out you're working undercover for me. Now's the time to move on the next part of my dastardly
plan to cripple the Hobos financially. Please make the announcement on Season Ticket Prices and release the hideous new strip.

HHGH, 5-1, Big Team,

AB."

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Honouring the Famous Five was a superb idea spoilt by that ridiculous advert. Sorry Leanne but if you're behind that then you've got it wrong big style.

Simkin911
Quite like it but wonder if sponsor free adult shirts are likely to be available ?

Stevie Reid
It actually looked much better in the photo from a couple fo days ago.

Sponsor logo is a dull one.

TheFamous1875
03-07-2014, 09:55 AM
It's like as if they were stuck with this template, couldn't afford to get white sleeves and thought of a disparate 'tribute'.

Hovehibby
Like the strip, sponsor completely ruins it though....

SeanWilson
With the passing of Lawrie Reilly on the 22 July 2013, our most celebrated forward line, The Famous Five became truly and sadly part of Hibernian FC's history.

That's why the Club, working closely with Nike decided to approach this seasons kit design differently in order to honour The Famous Five and their legacy.

The Famous Five were born between 1923 and 1929. During that entire period Hibernian FC's kit remained unchanged but was distinctly different from what many would regard as the 'classic green and white'.

The 2014/15 kit is a tribute to Hibernian as it appeared at the very inception of the Famous Five story, solid bottle green shirt, white shorts and black socks

Love how they have managed to glamorize the fact they have gone for the cheapest Kit option possible.... This is awful. :no way:

Simkin911
03-07-2014, 09:56 AM
I guess it's a shame this isn't a more positive thread given the number of negatives ones already on the go....

cabbageandribs1875
i'm now officially out of love with HFC

NorthNorfolkHFC
as much as it pains me to admit it, the hertz top is so much smarter than our gash!!!

i realise its only a strip but its nice to be positive and i dont feel very positive about much Hibs related.

Keith_M
It's like as if they were stuck with this template, couldn't afford to get white sleeves and thought of a disparate 'tribute'.

:agree:

It's a back of a fag packet decision to cover a total lack of any imagination.

Charnley 4
03-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Its actually insulting and an embarassment to use a template kit like that a pretend it is a tribute in any way.

Bristolhibby
03-07-2014, 09:58 AM
It actually looked much better in the photo from a couple fo days ago.

Sponsor logo is a dull one.

I think the fabric looks less "shiny" than in the camera phone snap.

Which is a winner for me. Really hope the sponsor is not "peely".

TBF The sponsor pays their money, so they have to have their logo on the shirt, so don't think that there was much we could have done.

J

Jpdhfc
03-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Sorry not for me

Diclonius
03-07-2014, 09:59 AM
The 2014/15 kit is a tribute to Hibernian as it appeared at the very inception of the Famous Five story, solid bottle green shirt, white shorts and black socks

Aye, I remember the Famous Five strips having a massive sponsors logo that's a completely different colour to the rest of the strip an aw.

scuttle
03-07-2014, 10:01 AM
One of our worst efforts IMHO,hope the away strip is much better as this will not sell well

Marty-Hibee
Anyway you can just buy the kids top in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl? The sponsor rips the arse out of it, gutted. Not getting a season ticket so was hoping to pick up the top, but I'm not shelling out £50 bucks to wear that.

Titch
It's time this club gets out of the past every year they come up with the same stuff about the famous five and how great they WERE this club is honking from top to bottom get out of the past and start thinking about here and now

Bristolhibby

Aye, I remember the Famous Five strips having a massive sponsors logo that's a completely different colour to the rest of the strip an aw.

I think the tenuous link is it was the kind of strip that Hibs were wearing when the Famous 5 were born (in the 20's).

Also, not having a moan, but could the online shop not be synchronised with the launch so people could pre order?

J

NorthNorfolkHFC
as much as it pains me to admit it, the hertz top is so much smarter than our gash!!!

i realise its only a strip but its nice to be positive and i dont feel very positive about much Hibs related.

smurf
03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Why couldn't they went for a proper retro look if they wanted to seriously honour the Famous Five? As others have said it's a tenner Nike training top with a Hibs badge on it.

With the Season Ticket announcement yesterday and this I'm afraid it's turning out to be yet another week of PR disaster...

Del Boy
03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The more I look at it the worse it gets.

Mark79
03-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Severe lack of imagination here.

Bogging. Looks like a training top.

We will struggle to sell that imho.

Stevie Reid
03-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I think the fabric looks less "shiny" than in the camera phone snap.

Which is a winner for me. Really hope the sponsor is not "peely".

TBF The sponsor pays their money, so they have to have their logo on the shirt, so don't think that there was much we could have done.

J

Of course, and I know it has to stand out. There may have been some room for compromise in terms of colouring though - although their name is there for all to see which is obviously the idea, if it p!sses off a lot of fans then the effect is mitigated somewhat.

I've always liked the idea of an all bottle green top, but this is poorly rendered.

greenpaper55
03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
The design would have been decided long before LD joined the club, i know one of the folk in the photos and it was taken weeks ago so she had nowt to do with this "thing". It's a shame really that this is the best the club can come up with when everyone is needing a boost.

hibby67
03-07-2014, 10:09 AM
I think the strip spoils the sponsors logo.... not for me

Elephant Stone
I'm trying to thing of something positive to say but that's probably the worst home strip I have ever seen.

Stax
I honestly thought this strip was a wind up. Absolutely horrendous.

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Ffs its a football top!? Its what our team are wearing this year so il be buying one, its not a fashion show!? Greeting like wee lassies cos it doesnt look nice, get a grip. If the team start winning i dont give a flying one what they are wearing.

If you dont like it, dont buy it....jeez. Just another way to boot the club tho.....this place is unreal.

JustSimplyHibs
03-07-2014, 10:10 AM
NOOOOOOOO

Dont like it, at all. If it is in honour of the famous 5 where is the white collar and white sleeves, should it no be in a lighter green and have green and white socks instead of black - For God's sake Hibs, just look at the blimming pictures that dominate the club's facilities to see what the Famous 5 were wearing!!!

Sorry but that is no tribute to the famous 5, bout time this club got the fans to design the strip...

Nice touch but i think i'll go to Toffs and buy the top instead of buying this.

TheFamous1875
03-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I've not bought a Hibs strip since I was about 13, but this is so ****ing terrible, I may just fork out the hirays on one of these bad boys to spite the club.

What were Hibs thinking in regards to this strip? We're in a precarious state as it is, we need every penny in to stave off the indignity of being the team left behind in the first division and with fan morale at an all time low, they've thought: "eureka! We'll release a strip that not only deviates from our strict traditions of emerald green with white sleeves, but also is so shoddy, so rushed, that it has a big, mingin' red sponsor on top of it and we'll try to pass it off as a tribute to our greatest ever team, who never even played in a strip that resembled it! Better than that, we'll say it's in homage to the strip Hibs had in between the years that the players were born!?!?"

Nothing like a product you can't live without eh? This is to be by FAR the worst Hibs home strip ever, for so many reasons.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm getting a wee bit bored of everything the club does is being taken so to heart and used to bash them in such an OTT way. Yes things have went bad, and yes we are in a bad place.

If Stubbs manages to get a good team with a reduced budget (like 75% on the Premiership managed last year) then nothing will be as bad as people are making out. Get a team on the park and the strips will sell, the ST will increase, walk-ups will increase, signing policy would then become better and our mood on here would certainly improve. I would watch Hibs in that chocolate Coventry one if we were decent on the park.

Think everyone should calm down and stop taking everything so personally. No one is out to deliberately upset you.

green&left
03-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Absolutely horrendous. F&^k off Hibs!

GreenPJ
03-07-2014, 10:15 AM
What do people expect can be done about the logo??? That is the sponsors logo, they aren't going to change it to match our colours and we aren't going to change our strip to match their logo.

I think the underlying strip is OK and would rather have some sponsors money than none.

lucky
03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
LD is doing a cracking job so far. Backing RP, stupid decision on ST prices and now a bog awful looking strip. Only Hibs could **** up so much in such a short period of time.

Steve20
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm getting a wee bit bored of everything the club does is being taken so to heart and used to bash them in such an OTT way. Yes things have went bad, and yes we are in a bad place.

If Stubbs manages to get a good team with a reduced budget (like 75% on the Premiership managed last year) then nothing will be as bad as people are making out. Get a team on the park and the strips will sell, the ST will increase, walk-ups will increase, signing policy would then become better and our mood on here would certainly improve. I would watch Hibs in that chocolate Coventry one if we were decent on the park.

Think everyone should calm down and stop taking everything so personally. No one is out to deliberately upset you.

So people should just say it's nice, even though it looks awful?

JustSimplyHibs
03-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I've not bought a Hibs strip since I was about 13, but this is so ****ing terrible, I may just fork out the hirays on one of these bad boys to spite the club.

What were Hibs thinking in regards to this strip? We're in a precarious state as it is, we need every penny in to stave off the indignity of being the team left behind in the first division and with fan morale at an all time low, they've thought: "eureka! We'll release a strip that not only deviates from our strict traditions of emerald green with white sleeves, but also is so shoddy, so rushed, that it has a big, mingin' red sponsor on top of it and we'll try to pass it off as a tribute to our greatest ever team, who never even played in a strip that resembled it! Better than that, we'll say it's in homage to the strip Hibs had in between the years that the players were born!?!?"

Nothing like a product you can't live without eh? This is to be by FAR the worst Hibs home strip ever, for so many reasons.

Now, that top i would buy.

Aaron
03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Get your sponsor free version here for £12 then add approx £8 for a high street t-shirt company that offers embroidery to do the badge. Problem solved and you would save about £30 :wink:

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/Nike_Park_V_Pine_Green_White_SS_Football_Shirt

Diclonius
03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
I think the new strip could be better, but after this reaction, I'm just gonna log off the MB for a couple hours.

calumhibee1
03-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Quite simply the worst home top I've ever seen. Lets hope the away is a stoater to make up for it.

TB134
03-07-2014, 10:20 AM
I like the bottle green colour, I like the decal motto, I like the club badge. I like the whole retro idea. We're stuck with the sponsor's logo, so I'm not bothered about that. I just hope the team that wears the colours play for the jersey, and makes us proud again.

Hibs90
03-07-2014, 10:23 AM
LD is doing a cracking job so far. Backing RP, stupid decision on ST prices and now a bog awful looking strip. Only Hibs could **** up so much in such a short period of time.

Kit was decided months ago.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:23 AM
So people should just say it's nice, even though it looks awful?

Not at all Steve but saying "F*** off Hibs", "can they get nothing right", "LD hasnt got a clue" is all child-like reactions. And like i say, if the team is perfoming on the park, none of this will be as big a deal as it's proving to be. Christ there are 4 threads on the main page about it

baggio70
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Can't believe they picked that.
There were some brilliant templates made on hibs net .
Sponsor makes a bad top worse.
Understand the whole famous 5 thing, but could have done
So much better.

Salisbury Hibby
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Ffs its a football top!? Its what our team are wearing this year so il be buying one, its not a fashion show!? Greeting like wee lassies cos it doesnt look nice, get a grip. If the team start winning i dont give a flying one what they are wearing.

If you dont like it, dont buy it....jeez. Just another way to boot the club tho.....this place is unreal.

Absolutely with you there. All football tops are "just training tops". The Marathon Bet logo is hideous but I like the all green look.

If only I could afford to offer Hibs a "Non-Sponsorship" deal so we wouldn't have to have logos stamped on our shirt, but that's the reality of football. I'd rather the club had the money to support the strong playing budget for next season.

It's the same on FB at the moment - a lot of people moaning. Got no time for it.

Scotty-1875
03-07-2014, 10:25 AM
These strips are rotten.

I read (on here) that Motherwell fans were involved in deciding what their strip was like. Hopefully we get a say in next years effort.

S4uzee
03-07-2014, 10:25 AM
What an utterly atrocious home top. Another negative

woodythehibee
03-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Almost certain it will be the worse selling home shirt in recent times. Sponsor looks horrific.

silverhibee
03-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Honouring the Famous Five was a superb idea spoilt by that ridiculous advert. Sorry Leanne but if you're behind that then you've got it wrong big style.

A bit like the players turning up to the funeral of Lawrie Reilly in there well worn tracksuits and multi coloured trainers.

Joke.

MrSmith
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Would be acceptable, were it not for the sponsor. What

Completely agree! I like it and hope they will sell without the sponsor too. Surely kids tops won't have the sponsor on it?

Actually feeling a bit good about things now .. what a difference a strip can make! :top marks

MyJo
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
This is woeful and just goes to show how out of touch Petrie and the board actually are with the fans when this is what they come up with.

Lets hope that LD can get us a decent kit deal from next season and actually pays attention to what the fans are saying. I want us to get away from this crappy Just Sports deal and get signed up with someone like Le Coq Sportif again or Warrior or Under Armour, someone who would actually make an effort to design something rather than putting a badge and a big sticker on the front of a t-shirt.

Craig_HFC
03-07-2014, 10:31 AM
At least folk have something new to moan about now.

All the moans about lack of signings etc were becoming tedious...

:rolleyes:

GreenPJ
I like the bottle green colour, I like the decal motto, I like the club badge. I like the whole retro idea. We're stuck with the sponsor's logo, so I'm not bothered about that. I just hope the team that wears the colours play for the jersey, and makes us proud again.

Big_Franck
Easily the worst Hibs home strip i've seen in my life.

Our top should ALWAYS have white sleeves IMO, it's what makes it smart. Also, the red sponsor makes a bad top much, much worse.

Another total disaster from Hibs.

LordBamba
03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Horrendous. Can't think of any other word to describe this..

Pretty Boy
03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
The away top better be a purple and green candy stripe effort.

That's all that could redeem the home monstrosity for me.

The Green Goblin
03-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Not at all Steve but saying "F*** off Hibs", "can they get nothing right", "LD hasnt got a clue" is all child-like reactions. And like i say, if the team is perfoming on the park, none of this will be as big a deal as it's proving to be. Christ there are 4 threads on the main page about it

I agree with you about the wording of some of the criticism and you're right that it won't seem such a big deal IF our team is winning. Are you confident that they will? Last time I looked, we don't have a team yet.

And sorry, but the home strip just looks horrible. It really does.

Iain G
03-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Horrendous. Can't think of any other word to describe this..

Here are some more....bland, dull, uninspiring, featureless, lazy, boring.

Just hoping for that lovely purple away strip now or I ain't buying a strip this year! :wink:

flash
Looks alright to me. Then again I am an adult so it's hardly top of my priorities.

silverhibee
How much will Hibs be charging for this top.

southern hibby
03-07-2014, 10:38 AM
I really think it's beyond a joke. If they think I'll be buying that and paying £400 for a season ticket to boot, all I can say is they better have the signing of the decade lined up.

Really am underwhelmed. Yet again I feel abused by the team I love. Why oh why can Hibs never get even the basics right. GGTTH

green&left
03-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Google 'Nike Park V' - can pick the plain one up for 11 quid (Colour pine). Wearing the same kits and templates as kids and pub fitba teams! (Just with a **** red plastic sticker slapped across the front center)

GoldenMeerkat
03-07-2014, 10:41 AM
The sentiment behind the kit is there, but the execution is just tragically woeful.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
If, if, if......I agree with you about the wording of some of the criticism and you're right that it won't seem such a big deal IF our team is winning. Are you confident that they will? Last time I looked, we don't have a team yet.

And sorry, but the home strip just looks horrible. It really does.

well excatly, we dont have a team.

But since LD came into the job i almost gaurantee her inbox has been inundated daily with brand new items of concern - Petrie Out (fizzled out), Butcher (fizzled out), length of time Stubbs was appointed (fizzled), no players (will fizzle out when they are signed), ST prices (COULD fizzle out) and strip (will fizzle out) and i would imagine the tone of the emails are OTT. The supporters are acting like children. Majority are grown adults moaning about football tops. I mean there is a post above this that someone feels ABUSED - get a grip of yourself.

People should be proud to wear the BADGE. The top can look as silly as it wants.

LordBamba
03-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Here are some more....bland, dull, uninspiring, featureless, lazy, boring.

Just hoping for that lovely purple away strip now or I ain't buying a strip this year! :wink:

Haha! Yeah the only way hibs could redeem themselves is a purple kit- surely it's about time to bring it back!

Gordy M
03-07-2014, 10:43 AM

But since LD came into the job i almost gaurantee her inbox has been inundated daily with brand new items of concern - Petrie Out (fizzled out), Butcher (fizzled out), length of time Stubbs was appointed (fizzled), no players (will fizzle out when they are signed), ST prices (COULD fizzle out) and strip (will fizzle out) and i would imagine the tone of the emails are OTT. The supporters are acting like children. Majority are grown adults moaning about football tops.

People should be proud to wear the BADGE. The top can look as silly as it wants.
Exactly mate. Well said. :top marks

Bostonhibby
03-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Any good news coming? Need to find some way to spend money on Hibs as it won't be the strip.

scotia44
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Think its only right that the strip is honking as nobody has the right to wear green and white until they earn it :wink:

Win the League and you may get the chance to wear the traditional green & white with non itchy interior :greengrin

offshorehibby
03-07-2014, 10:47 AM
not my cup of tea but i'll no' be spending the rest of the year GREETING about it. Dry yir eyes.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2014, 10:47 AM
It's a £12 training top dressed up as a tribute - honking

hhibs
03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Ugh! as a tee shirt maybe, as a strip yuk!

Iain G
03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Any good news coming? Need to find some way to spend money on Hibs as it won't be the strip.

Rod Petrie is bringing out a range of Hibs branded facial haircare products.... :wink:

TAHibby
03-07-2014, 10:51 AM
"working closely with nike". Naw you just picked the cheapest template possible. Don't think it's that bad in truth but destroyed by the sponsor.

Smartie
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I hate it and I don't really get too animated about strips etc.

I hate the sentimental p!sh put out to help flog what is basically the cheapest rubbish we could find at the highest mark-up. Utterly befitting of the phannies in charge at our club at the moment and it's shameful to use the memory of those mentioned to flog such a cheap piece of crap.

Yet another opportunity missed by Hibs, will sell very few but will screw the maximum possible from those diehard few who unquestionable back the club at all turns or want to get whatever is the latest for their kids etc. Or the wierdos who might actually like it.

At the end of the day what is really important is that we maximise the amount available to invest in the playing side. I may be wrong and this is the best way to raise the maximum possible revenue. But by sticking with the sky-high prices of recent years in a lower league and coming out with merchandise like this it seems that Hibs are hell bent on putting ball after ball into the back of their own net, and soon we will have a team deserving of this monstrosity.

mutley
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I think it's very similar to the 2006-07 Le Coq Sportif away top we had.

For me this would be ok for an away shirt, but it's gopping for a home Shirt

The Green Goblin
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM

But since LD came into the job i almost gaurantee her inbox has been inundated daily with brand new items of concern - Petrie Out (fizzled out), Butcher (fizzled out), length of time Stubbs was appointed (fizzled), no players (will fizzle out when they are signed), ST prices (COULD fizzle out) and strip (will fizzle out) and i would imagine the tone of the emails are OTT. The supporters are acting like children. Majority are grown adults moaning about football tops. I mean there is a post above this that someone feels ABUSED - get a grip of yourself.

I did say I agreed with you on that to some extent. My point was that there is no team, the one thing that matters most of all, to me anyway. As for the top, I gave my opinion on it as a fan. I think it does matter what it looks like.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 10:54 AM
"working closely with nike". Naw you just picked the cheapest template possible. Don't think it's that bad in truth but destroyed by the sponsor.

What do you mean that we picked the cheapest template, what difference would that make to Hibs??? Could it mean Hibs would get a bigger cut from sales??? Is that not a good thing when our income will be lower this year.

Our all round is that it is minging and therefore hibs dont deserve your support?

Groathillgrump
03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Horrendous effort. :bitchy:

I can't believe whoever was responsible for choosing that piece of crap could look at it and think it looked smart. Come on Hibs, get the fans involved in the design of home tops next year and watch them fly off the shelves.

Waxy
03-07-2014, 11:04 AM
I like it but could the red on the sponsor should be made black as it clashes with the green.the top with white shorts and black socks will look good. Didn't realise there was so many gok wan hibbys. Flinging their arms about coz they don't like a top.These are our colours.

berwickhibee
03-07-2014, 11:04 AM
it just doesn't look like a hibs home strip??? :confused:

Michael
03-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Our worst home top ever?

GreenCastle
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Don't forget the pretty back it will have...

name of player...number...and crabbies on the bottom.

Terrible,cheap looking strip with no imagination - who is making decisions at board room level to release this nonsense?

Do they do any market research as 95% of fans on here don't like it!

BASICS!!

Smartie
03-07-2014, 11:10 AM
I like it but could the red on the sponsor should be made black as it clashes with the green.the top with white shorts and black socks will look good. Didn't realise there was so many gok wan hibbys. Flinging their arms about coz they don't like a top.These are our colours.

For me though it's not really so much about the top but about how much revenue it will generate through sales.

Smart top = good sales = more revenue = better team.

Horrible top = reduced sales = reduced revenue = less to spend on team = poorer team.

That's what annoys me most about it, not the aesthetic merits or otherwise of the kit.

If sales of this top and keeping season ticket prices sky high gives Stubbs the budget he needs to put a decent team on the park then I'm all for it. I really don't care what they're wearing if they are playing good stuff. I just don't think this is the way to go about it.

Disconnected doesn't even begin to describe Hibs and the fans at the moment. God help you Leeann.

Jones28
03-07-2014, 11:13 AM
That's what happens with Nike.

Pish.

Bring back puma

Time For Heroes
Not a massive fan, dont mind it but the logo spoils an average top.
This whole throwback thing just seems a bit last minute, like we are copying those rodents from gorgie but doing a ***** job of that too.
Disappointed.

Hibercelona
I wonder what the famous 5 would have made of this effort?

Iain G
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Our home top colours for me should always be green body with white sleeves. Right now we could all do with re-connecting to the club and by putting out such an uninspiring and dull strip which isn't even distiguishable as a Hibs top, they have made an awful misstep and it is a big symbolic gesture of a lost opportunity.

As has been said before, a good idea, executed badly with no flair or style.

IanM
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
A wise man once told me the only peple that buy football kits are bairns, and adults who act like bairns.

going by the comments, they're both out in force the day

Iain G
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM

I think the dog wouldn't even wipe its backside on it... :wink:

Waxy
03-07-2014, 11:20 AM
It's not the end of the world. I hope.

GreenCastle
For me though it's not really so much about the top but about how much revenue it will generate through sales.

Horrible top = reduced sales = reduced revenue = less to spend on team = poorer team.

That's what annoys me most about it, not the aesthetic merits or otherwise of the kit.

If sales of this top and keeping season ticket prices sky high gives Stubbs the budget he needs to put a decent team on the park then I'm all for it. I really don't care what they're wearing if they are playing good stuff. I just don't think this is the way to go about it.

Disconnected doesn't even begin to describe Hibs and the fans at the moment. God help you Leeann.

This is the crunch for me - surely you want it to sell and make money ?

Someone has't done their homework / job here.

TAHibby
What do you mean that we picked the cheapest template, what difference would that make to Hibs??? Could it mean Hibs would get a bigger cut from sales??? Is that not a good thing when our income will be lower this year.

Our all round is that it is minging and therefore hibs dont deserve your support?

I'm happy for them to pick a cheap option but they don't need to say they worked closely with Nike when that just isn't the case.

Phoenix
A truly awful looking strip, the sponsor logo totally ruins it, it's not one for me I'm afraid! :confused:

Time For Heroes
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
A wise man once told me the only peple that buy football kits are bairns, and adults who act like bairns.

going by the comments, they're both out in force the day

I reckon that's a bit narrow minded, I'm sure some adults play football and want to wear the top, don't see anything wrong with that personally.
My concern is simple, if we aren't shifting season tickets already and we lose income on kit sales because it looks gash where will that leave us in terms of financing a new side or a least a few decent players.

JJP
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Our worst home top ever?

Yep. I'd go as far to say it's insulting to a fan base which has already been put through the wringer. Disgraceful top. Doesn't look like a Hibs top at all.

Gatecrasher
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
the sentiment behind the top is there, as others have said the execution is painful. This is the first home top in about 15 years I'm not buying.

Beefster
03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
Yep. I'd go as far to say it's insulting to a fan base which has already been put through the wringer. Disgraceful top. Doesn't look like a Hibs top at all.

Insulting? Disgraceful? It's a ****ing football replica kit.

I'd hate to see some folk on here if something really bad happened.

Waxy
Our home top colours for me should always be green body with white sleeves. Right now we could all do with re-connecting to the club and by putting out such an uninspiring and dull strip which isn't even distiguishable as a Hibs top, they have made an awful misstep and it is a big symbolic gesture of a lost opportunity.

As has been said before, a good idea, executed badly with no flair or style.Only people who don't like it will moan. Everyone else will just buy it because it's the new Hibs top.

IanM
I reckon that's a bit narrow minded, I'm sure some adults play football and want to wear the top, don't see anything wrong with that personally.
My concern is simple, if we aren't shifting season tickets already and we lose income on kit sales because it looks gash where will that leave us in terms of financing a new side or a least a few decent players.

yeah probably right, i just wanted a say on seomthing i don't really have an opinion on!

we've paid to watch garbage football the last few years so i don't see why folk moan to pay for what they think is a grabage top.. if i was them i'd be buying this top as there will be a high demand for it come scottish cup final day!

Waxy
03-07-2014, 11:28 AM

I'd hate to see some folk on here if something really bad happened.Spot on. Bunch of girlies.

jacomo
03-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Its actually insulting and an embarassment to use a template kit like that a pretend it is a tribute in any way.

Sadly I agree with this. The idea behind the campaign is nice but the execution is very poor indeed. Regardless of the script on the shoulder, it looks like a very cheap effort.

Hopefully adult shirts will be available without the sponsor logo, that would improve things a little.

The_Exile
03-07-2014, 11:29 AM

The famous 5 wouldn't have given a flying **** what colour, shape or shade the shirt was, they'd have put it on and went out and played fitba.....IMO.

I dunno how I feel about it to be honest, always wanted to see us make an all green effort. I think I'm so used to the green sleeves that it'll take a while to "gel" with it! Logo is a nightmare combination of red and green though, I mean, you just don't do red and green. Although in saying that I've no major problem with it as it's the logo and it'll probably generate discussion which the sponsor will be delighted with, any publicity is good publicity etc.

Edit: The logo is a sare yin no doubt, but my feelings on it are mitigated somewaht by the owners of the logo pumping a six figure sum into the club.

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Some of you need to have a serious think if bitching like women about a strip we'll be wearing for a year is your biggest worry. We've far more pressing matters such as fickle stayaway fans moaning about ticket prices and not actually having a team to wear the kit.

As it happens I think it's pretty smart. Like the black socks. Grown men shouldn't be seen dead in replica tops anyway, nevermind be heard complaining about them.

Time For Heroes
yeah probably right, i just wanted a say on seomthing i don't really have an opinion on!

we've paid to watch garbage football the last few years so i don't see why folk moan to pay for what they think is a grabage top.. if i was them i'd be buying this top as there will be a high demand for it come scottish cup final day!
see since we are paying for ***** football we might as well pay for a ***** top as we should expect nowt else?
That you Rod?

Waxy
It's the best Hibs top we've had in years. There. I said it.

stantonhibby
03-07-2014, 11:35 AM

I'd hate to see some folk on here if something really bad happened.

This.

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
:faf:

Insulting, it's a football top ffs. You must have been through a thousand razor blades and numerous wrist transplants after watching Hibs the last few years it you deem a piece of football kit as insulting.

Iain G
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Only people who don't like it will moan. Everyone else will just buy it because it's the new Hibs top.

Well people who like it are unlikely to moan aren't they :wink:

Ronniekirk
03-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Point well made I am at age where buying the latest top isn't a priority but if it was a decent one I would but that logo in red is horrendous ,I take it fans were not asked for a view or it would have been rejected I know things are busy just now for the club but think they have missed a trick in letting this one come out so don't see them shifting that many So for away top let's have some dialogue with fans and get buy in

IanM
03-07-2014, 11:37 AM
see since we are paying for ***** football we might as well pay for a ***** top as we should expect nowt else?
That you Rod?

exactly! going by the reaction of the fans that's what's happening..

I reckon the folk that don't like it will probably buy it anyway but will do something about having a say for the next top.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Hibs will lose out on this, just as they will with ST sales. As they can't help spending as little as possible while charging as much as possible.

If they had spent just that little bit more on a better design template for the kits and were willing to reduce ST prices by around 10% just to acknowledge that the fans deserve something back for what they've been put through. They'd be looking at a higher profit margin than what they can seriously expect to get now.

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Hibs will lose out on this, just as they will with ST sales. As they can't help spending as little as possible while charging as much as possible.

If they had spent just that little bit more on a better design template for the kits and were willing to reduce ST prices by around 10% just to acknowledge that the fans deserve something back for what they've been put through. They'd be looking at a higher profit margin than what they can seriously expect to get now.
Hibs won't lose out financially. We receive a lump sum from Just Sports, doesn't matter is we sell 10 tops or 10000 tops we receive the same amount of cash.

silverhibee
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Some of you need to have a serious think if bitching like women about a strip we'll be wearing for a year is your biggest worry. We've far more pressing matters such as fickle stayaway fans moaning about ticket prices and not actually having a team to wear the kit.

As it happens I think it's pretty smart. Like the black socks. Grown men shouldn't be seen dead in replica tops anyway, nevermind be heard complaining about them.

:shocked:

I will wear it with pride on holiday, hope it's not a tight fitter :greengrin

.Sean.
03-07-2014, 11:44 AM
:shocked:

I will wear it with pride on holiday, hope it's not a tight fitter :greengrin
Should've said unless you're playing.

shocked a fashion connoisseur like yourself would wear a football top anyway!!

Tricla
03-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I wasn't keen when I saw the top but I think the while strip together is great.

Sponsors a bit mingin but we need cash so I'm not going to grumble.

ackeygraham
03-07-2014, 11:48 AM
The sooner we can get rid of Nike the better - to them we're just a template, as with the other manufacturer's i think we got a bit more TLC from them in the design.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Rod Petrie is bringing out a range of Hibs branded facial haircare products.... :wink:

Nasal hair products you say? and what about similar products for the other orifices we normally associate with him?

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Hibs won't lose out financially. We receive a lump sum from Just Sports, doesn't matter is we sell 10 tops or 10000 tops we receive the same amount of cash.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286422-Do-Hibs-Get-Paid-Per-Football-Strip-Sold

CapitalGreen
03-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Even if that is fact, which I would dispute. Future kit deals will be based on past sales. Poor sales will mean Hibs receiving less in the future when these deals are negotiated.

People who can't see how a poor strip design will impact Hibs financially would probably be well suited to to working within the clubs marketing team.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 12:02 PM

You're correct to a degree although not entirely. It's true that Hibs will recieve a sum of cash from Just Sports, but there is also money to be made on the sales.

Also, if people already know the strip is bogging, then they're far less likely to go into the club shop, meaning they're far less likely to purchase anything else from the shop.

If the club had spent just that little bit extra on a better template, a template that a vast majority of fans agree is far superior to the one chosen, then they perhaps could have offered a free voucher for the new strip for any ST purchasers. Which would have really helped ST sales IMO.

Beefster
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Even if that is fact, which I would dispute. Future kit deals will be based on past sales. Poor sales will mean Hibs receiving less in the future when these deals are negotiated.

People who can't see how a poor strip design will impact Hibs financially would probably be well suited to to working within the clubs marketing team.

If future deals are based on past sales, it won't be from a single season. If sales were [~x, ~x, y, ~x] over four seasons then it's likely that any future deal would recognise y was an anomaly.

Iain G
03-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Nasal hair products you say? and what about similar products for the other orifices we normally associate with him?

I believe he has a product in the range called "R's Cheek Wax"...

sadtom
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Very poor.
For the 1st time ever i think even my lads will turn their noses up at this effort (or more to the point - lack of effort).

Bin end $h1te, a cheap training top with totally mismatched sponsor logo (too big aswell).
Only positive is that it is much cheaper to pick up plain white nike shorts and plain black socks.

In its own microcosmic way it says everything about our club at the mo'. Cheap crap dressed up as something its not. Taking us for gullible mugs again.

Get a grip Hibs. If thats the best the marketing folk can do - get them binned immediately and drag the next person passing off the street, as they couldn't do any worse.
Is our club being an equal opportunities employer for f*****' useless idiots?! Are we supplying the quota for the whole of scottish fitba?

SaulGoodman
03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Next season: "We're using these cheap looking kits with holes in them as a tribute to the many homeless people sleeping on the cold, mean streets of Leith"

Motto on the side reads: "I do not drink, I do not smoke"

sadtom
03-07-2014, 12:35 PM
A quick question for anyone that has seen the kit.
Do the shorts even have a badge on them?
In the photos they have gone out there way to make sure you cant see if they have or not.
Can only think this is for 2 reasons.
1 - they aren't badged just the plainest of the plain white nike shorts
2 - they didn't have any ready in time for the photo shoot and used plain ones meantime.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Next season: "We're using these cheap looking kits with holes in them as a tribute to the many homeless people sleeping on the cold, mean streets of Leith"

Motto on the side reads: "I do not drink, I do not smoke"

Garbage!

The motto on the side will say, "got 50p for a cup of tea mate?"

:wink:

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 12:39 PM
Garbage!

The motto on the side will say, "got 50p for a cup of tea mate? Rod beat me to the chase when I dropped mines on the ground."

:wink:

Fixed that for you. :cb

Dan Sarf
03-07-2014, 12:42 PM
The design would have been decided long before LD joined the club, i know one of the folk in the photos and it was taken weeks ago so she had nowt to do with this "thing". It's a shame really that this is the best the club can come up with when everyone is needing a boost.

Thank God for that.

silverhibee
03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Should've said unless you're playing.

shocked a fashion connoisseur like yourself would wear a football top anyway!!

It will get a couple of days airing beside the pool, it may go with my armani flip flops, if not the top goes back in the case. :greengrin

Just Alf
03-07-2014, 12:50 PM
I've been wracking my brains as to why "we've" gone with this (cheapo?) template.

I can actually live with it if there was no logo, would make a good t-shirt/polo sort of thing I suppose.

The only positive I can think of is the Hibs are trying to absolutely maximise the money available for the squad? If peeps aren't willing to spend top dollar for seasons to help Stubbs then they have to try a different avenue?

hibby13
03-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Looks like very poor quality.

Billy Whizz
03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
For all the moaners on here, please don't buy a strip, but buy a season ticket instead please!

Waxy
03-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Well people who like it are unlikely to moan aren't they :wink:Spot on. A few hundred dont like it but thousands do.

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Spot on. A few hundred dont like it but thousands do.

Aye, ok. :faf:

Jones28
03-07-2014, 01:34 PM
That's what happens with Nike.

Pish.

Bring back puma

My_Wife_Camille
03-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Not that it matters now, but the whole "Tribute" story could have worked if there was just a little bit more thought put into it.

Smartie
03-07-2014, 02:10 PM
I actually really like the tribute story and think it's a nice touch. Done well, it could have been a cracking advertising campaign.

I just strongly object to it being totally undermined by the kit being a cheap looking bunch of tat.

marinello59
03-07-2014, 02:17 PM
I actually really like the tribute story and think it's a nice touch. Done well, it could have been a cracking advertising campaign.

I just strongly object to it being totally undermined by the kit being a cheap looking bunch of tat.

Aren't all replica fitba strips cheap looking tat? :greengrin
The more I look at it the more I like it. The logo doesn't look great but that's a price we have to pay these days. It might be like your favourite album, not great at first but grows on you.

The Pointer
03-07-2014, 02:38 PM
De gustibus non est disputandum: or 'p*sh in Scots.

jacomo
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM

Smartie
03-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Aren't all replica fitba strips cheap looking tat? :greengrin
The more I look at it the more I like it. The logo doesn't look great but that's a price we have to pay these days. It might be like your favourite album, not great at first but grows on you.

I suppose they are.

It has been mentioned elsewhere though that the France one at the World Cup looks class, a dark green version of that would have been immense. I really hate to say it but I think that "they" have hit the spot with their commemorative edition top too.

An opportunity missed imo.

down-the-slope
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM

I quite like kit but sponsor and their lurid logo are not for me..........

hibsbollah
03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Its horrific.

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Spot on. A few hundred dont like it but thousands do.

Name them!

Sir David Gray
03-07-2014, 04:57 PM
How much will Hibs be charging for this top.

Any word on this? :confused:

Gatecrasher
03-07-2014, 05:05 PM
**** it, I'm gonna buy it anyway.

lyonhibs
03-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Wow, that is awful.

Kaff
03-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Wow, that is awful.

I'll buy a couple for our kids, they like it. Never buy a kit myself so not a big concern for me but I do like the white sleeves, one year without them is not a big issue though.

sidjames
03-07-2014, 05:58 PM
I've got a couple of scarecrows needing kitted out. Think the new top will do nicely.

3pm
03-07-2014, 06:15 PM
What a pish design.

If they are clever, the away one will be 'classic green and white' and we'll wear that every week.

I can't believe someone thought that'd appeal to the masses.

WestStandMoaner
03-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Wow, that is awful.

I agree the worst home hibs strip ever, to use the famous five as a selling point is disgraceful, we have an iconic home strip and as far as I am concerned we should not mess about with it

Feed McGraw
03-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Speechless.

Bigbobajob
03-07-2014, 06:41 PM
After letting it digest for most if the day, here are my thoughts... Honking. Here's hoping that the team that wears them isn't.. 'Mon the hibs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07BigD
03-07-2014, 06:43 PM
I like it, something different

Eyrie
03-07-2014, 07:19 PM
The only way that top could be worse would be if it was maroon.

It looks like a cheap t-shirt and the "explanation" is nonsense as well - if the club was serious about paying tribute to the Famous Five then it would have insisted on a 50s style shirt. Imagine the sales ....

QMU-1875
03-07-2014, 07:21 PM

It looks like a cheap t-shirt and the "explanation" is nonsense as well - if the club was serious about paying tribute to the Famous Five then it would have insisted on a 50s style shirt. Imagine the sales ....

I honestly think the whole delay has been about whether to market the top as a tribute to WW1 or to the Famous 5 rather than as a cost cutting measure (cheapest option available by all accounts). The club have found another way to slap us in the face.

GreenPJ
03-07-2014, 07:24 PM

How many of our current players deserve to be wearing a strip that was recognised for the Famous 5 - the answer none of them. If we start by getting promoted in the first season and then build from there then potentially they could be revered by the support at which stage we will have plenty time to have a revised shirt design.

BroxburnHibee
03-07-2014, 07:24 PM
I honestly think the whole delay has been about whether to market the top as a tribute to WW1 or to the Famous 5 rather than as a cost cutting measure (cheapest option available by all accounts). The club have found another way to slap us in the face.

Dearie dear - I think the top is terrible but I don't feel the club has 'slapped me in the face'

For me it's just another sign of the way the Petrie regime has totally lost its ability to read what the fans are looking for.

I'm still hopeful that LD will sort this out

WhileTheChief..
03-07-2014, 07:26 PM

Where has WW1 been mentioned other than on here??

Stop making stuff up.

Betty Boop
03-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Spot on. Bunch of girlies.

Girlies ? What's that supposed to mean like ? :take that

Viva_Palmeiras
03-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Anyway you can just buy the kids top in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl? The sponsor rips the arse out of it, gutted. Not getting a season ticket so was hoping to pick up the top, but I'm not shelling out £50 bucks to wear that.

If last year is anything to go by the adult xl will be non-existent...

Like the strip and the generation connection to the famous 5.

Logo is a bummer probably only EasyJet would be worse.

Vault Boy
03-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't understand how it fittingly honours the Famous Five, the Marathon sponsor is repulsive and it seems to be the cheapest quality kit we've had to date... Yet, I kinda like it, I really can't justify it but I do. Ultimately though, from the reception of the majority, this kit won't sell well, that's the most important thing so it is a disappointing release. If the sponsor didn't have that ghastly solid shape around it, it might have been an okay strip overall, shame.

After saying that, if we are able to get some good players wearing it, who play an attractive brand of football, win us games and get us promoted, it will be the last thing we're thinking about.

spike220
03-07-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't understand how it fittingly honours the Famous Five, the Marathon sponsor is repulsive and it seems to be the cheapest quality kit we've had to date... Yet, I kinda like it, I really can't justify it but I do. Ultimately though, from the reception of the majority, this kit won't sell well, that's the most important thing so it is a disappointing release. If the sponsor didn't have that ghastly solid shape around it, it might have been an okay strip overall, shame.

After saying that, if we are able to get some good players wearing it, who play an attractive brand of football, win us games and get us promoted, it will be the last thing we're thinking about.

I like the shade of green very, very much and the simplicity of the top. I think the sponsor logo looks large since it is a close up. The white shorts will offset the logo on the pitch. I don't think we are in a place where we can dictate who our sponsor is, but I would beoops p a big fan if we could get the fans version with out the sponsor.

Next year bring back the hoops, that will set the cat amongst the pigeons.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/28/8d/0,,10290%7E12946728,00.jpg

spike220
03-07-2014, 09:14 PM
In actual fact, I think the socks are the wrong colour, make the socks the same colour as the top and it would improve it no end!!!!

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:17 PM
In actual fact, I think the socks are the wrong colour, make the socks the same colour as the top and it would improve it no end!!!!

I agree spike but the socks were black in the period referred to in the article

spike220
03-07-2014, 09:31 PM
I agree spike but the socks were black in the period referred to in the article

But were they Nike socks?

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:39 PM
But were they Nike socks?

Woolies, probably :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
03-07-2014, 10:25 PM
The sentiment behind the kit is there, but the execution is just tragically woeful.

There's no sentiment behind it. The story about it being a tribute to the famous five is just advertising guff concocted to try to justify this cheapskate tawdry apology for a Hibs top.

I don't know what's worse. The club's decision to go with this strip in the first place or its subsequent attempt to to justify it with a story about the "design" which treats us like idiots.

basehibby
04-07-2014, 01:47 AM
I quite like the bottle green top but the big red sponsor loggo has been doing my nut in ...... but it's sort of been growing on me a bit so thinking that maybe I'd just been staring at it for too long I googled red and green in fashion and came across this interesting quote:

"red and green should only be seen upon an Irish queen" and "never be seen without a colour in between", according to traditional sayings.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24019737

...well I think Hibs could qualify as an old Irish Queen and they've got a bit of white in between - so maybe they're onto something afterall! :cb:duck:

FitbaFolkKen
04-07-2014, 01:51 AM
I like it, if we have a good season it will be well remembered. If we don't it won't!

Beefster
04-07-2014, 07:19 AM
The club have found another way to slap us in the face.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/a6/a646c45633cfab95a2aaf727480883aba7de652148fb3601db 61853a62d3b3da.jpg

spike220
04-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I think the kit was probably settled before we had a sponsor lined up.

Replace the sponsor with last years 'Crabbies' and it would actually look half decent.

spike220
04-07-2014, 08:18 AM
I think the kit was probably settled before we a sponsor lined up.

Replace the sponsor with last years 'Crabbies' and it would actually look half decent.

I really like that shade of green too though!!

Septimus
04-07-2014, 08:35 AM
There cannot be too many left who actually saw the "Famous Five" in all their glory. One thing is certain. I never saw then play in a strip such as is now being touted by a derelict club as some sort of tribute. I am sure for certain that Gordon Smith was not a Hibs supporter in the time of the solid strip and likewise probably for Willie Ormond.

I was a boy at the time when Hibs were worth watching. They wore clodhoppers of boots, kicked a real leather ball and sweated gallons into ordinary cotton shirts. Funnily enough in these days we were not obsessed with legends or historic strips but we were treated to real football when we went to Easter Road.

If the present management are out to destroy the club there is nothing I can do about it. Please, however, lay off the memories that I have of watching one of the best forward lines of all time.

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I like it, if we have a good season it will be well remembered. If we don't it won't!

:agree: :top marks