PDA

View Full Version : Boozy to leave?

NW
03-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Going to be Ian Murray asst?

HibeeMassive
03-07-2014, 06:12 AM
Hope not, would be a big loss as he's highly regarded among the young boys and other coaches.

Cabbage Lad
03-07-2014, 06:53 AM
They'll be back in 2 years time as our next management duo after Stubbs leaves for a bigger club after the excellent Job he will have done!! Ggtth

Ronniekirk
03-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Hope not, would be a big loss as he's highly regarded among the young boys and other coaches.
Spot on ,even Mikey Stewart was raving about him recently .I know when someone new comes in there tends to be change but you have to be able to recognise what's working and what's worth keeping and by all accounts Boozy is worth keeping .

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Spot on ,even Mikey Stewart was raving about him recently .I know when someone new comes in there tends to be change but you have to be able to recognise what's working and what's worth keeping and by all accounts Boozy is worth keeping .

Indeed, but from Boozy's point of view it's a great career opportunity

bob12345
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Honestly think this guy must be the hardest working coach on earth.

From what I can see he coaches Hibs youths, Edusport Academy, Stirling University and has just launched his own coaching school in Grangemouth. Not to mention his stuff for Hibs TV. Some guy.

Billy Whizz
03-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Indeed, but from Boozy's point of view it's a great career opportunity

Absolutely, he's got to learn his trade

3pm
04-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Jamie Borthwick saying he's going.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Jamie Borthwick saying he's going.

:agree:

Good luck to him. Absolute gent and Hibs legend. Hopefully they'll be successful together and we may see them in our home dug our in a couple of years.

IWasThere2016
04-07-2014, 01:06 PM
He's away - confirmed at the Sons

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Its a shame, because he's regarded as a very good coach apparently. Yet we have to let the new man bring in people he wants not us.

The one good thing on my part about him leaving, is i wont have to listen to him getting so excited just because we cross the half way line when he's commentating on Hibs Tv. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
04-07-2014, 01:09 PM
:agree:

Good luck to him. Absolute gent and Hibs legend. Hopefully they'll be successful together and we may see them in our home dug our in a couple of years.

This 100%. See you in a couple of years Boozy.

3pm
04-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Its a shame, because he's regarded as a very good coach apparently. Yet we have to let the new man bring in people he wants not us.

The one good thing on my part about him leaving, is i wont have to listen to him getting so excited just because we cross the half way line when he's commentating on Hibs Tv. :greengrin

To be fair, when Butcher was the gaffer, I used to get excited when we got over the half way line.

Aldo
04-07-2014, 01:12 PM
What I would give for a player of his quality signing in the coming weeks.

Excellent player. All the best Boozy!

Vini1875
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Good luck Boozy. Hoping him and IM have success and are back at ER sometime in the future.

Sir David Gray
04-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Another blow as he seems to have done well with the youngsters in his time as coach with us and is highly thought of.

Good luck to him and Ian Murray in the coming season, except when they're playing us.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2014, 02:38 PM
To be fair, when Butcher was the gaffer, I used to get excited when we got over the half way line.

:greengrin

jacomo
04-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Absolutely, he's got to learn his trade

I think him and Murray as a duo would be ready for Hibs now.

Murray now has experience of what it means to be a gaffer - organising his time, gaining respect from his players, managing a number of responsibilities.

Boozy is earning a good reputation as a coach, knows the Hibs youth set up and knows Ian Murray. IM must rate him.

For me, this was the appointment Hibs needed to make.

weonlywon6-2
04-07-2014, 02:52 PM
They'll be back in 2 years time as our next management duo after Stubbs leaves for a bigger club after the excellent Job he will have done!! Ggtth

This is exactly what will happen,you could probably close betting now foe the next couple of years

wills
04-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Gutted!

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
What a player.

i remember him playing sweeper against Celtic and it's the most accomplished performance I've ever witnessed.

hail1875hail
04-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Boozy is the best coach I have ever experienced, and I have had coaching sessions off of many coaches throughout my time playing football including some known names but boozy has been by far the best! Always speak to him whenever we bump into each other and he was saying before the rile got appointed that he would have loved to be assistant manager at hibs - wish him the very best wherever he goes, he is the definition of hibs class!!

Dashing Bob S
04-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Like others here I've no doubts that Boozy and Ian Murray are the next Hibs management team a couple of years down the line. I'm also playing, like others, it's because Alan Stubbs and his assistant have had astonishing success rather than dismal failure here.

HFC1995
04-07-2014, 07:24 PM
they will be next in at hibs:cb

pacorosssco
04-07-2014, 07:32 PM

Big ifs. Wish them well either way. Maybe boozy star will become bigger. Big season for murray at sons may struggle with more ft teams in div

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Do you also do lottery numbers?

emerald green
04-07-2014, 07:44 PM
I liked the way Boozy played. A good footballer.

The game that sticks in my mind for some daft reason is a game Hibs came back from either 2 0 or 2 1 down at ER to win 4 2. Boozy scored one of Hibs goals with a really good brave header. Sorry to see him go.

Good luck Boozy, and hope to see you back at ER one day.

hibs4life
04-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Not sure this "they'll be next at Easter Road" will come to fruition. Do well this season and an opportunity comes their way, don't think they'll be saying "no thanks, we're waiting for Hibs".
Timing and ambition would need to dovetail exactly for them to end up at ER...

J-C
04-07-2014, 08:01 PM
Good luck to Boozy and Murray, both top blokes but i don't want them to be too successful this year as I want us up 1st.

Speedway
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
IM will struggle as a manager this year.

.Sean.
04-07-2014, 08:12 PM
IM will struggle as a manager this year.
What makes you say that? Might be found out versus the 'bigger sides'?

eastterrace
04-07-2014, 09:00 PM
I liked the way Boozy played. A good footballer.

The game that sticks in my mind for some daft reason is a game Hibs came back from either 2 0 or 2 1 down at ER to win 4 2. Boozy scored one of Hibs goals with a really good brave header. Sorry to see him go.

Good luck Boozy, and hope to see you back at ER one day.

sure your talking about the kilmarnock game at easter road 2-0 down at half time scored 4 second hand goals, think riorden got a couple. my best memory was at motherwell 6-1 game and he nutmeged a motherwell player in our own box back defending great moment.

jacomo
04-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Not sure this "they'll be next at Easter Road" will come to fruition. Do well this season and an opportunity comes their way, don't think they'll be saying "no thanks, we're waiting for Hibs".
Timing and ambition would need to dovetail exactly for them to end up at ER...

As I said above, the timing was perfect but we went with someone else.

EdinMike
04-07-2014, 11:44 PM
:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28164358

3pm
05-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Are Dumbarton PT?

emerald green
05-07-2014, 10:34 AM
sure your talking about the kilmarnock game at easter road 2-0 down at half time scored 4 second hand goals, think riorden got a couple. my best memory was at motherwell 6-1 game and he nutmeged a motherwell player in our own box back defending great moment.

Yep thanks, it was a game against Killie mate. I should have said that in my post in the first place. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the 6 1 game too. Hibs had a very good team then. Anything approaching that today, and we would win the Championship at a canter. I wish.

eastterrace
05-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Yep thanks, it was a game against Killie mate. I should have said that in my post in the first place. :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the 6 1 game too. Hibs had a very good team then. Anything approaching that today, and we would win the Championship at a canter. I wish.
yes memories........... ah well back to reality

BigT-Hibeez
06-07-2014, 10:01 AM

I hope so..

niloc1875
06-07-2014, 10:12 AM
got 2 be realistic 4 years its a mess just now at the holy ground hope to be proved wrong

Coco Bryce
06-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Boozy coached my mates lad at EM. All the lads are gutted Boozy is away. Best motivational coach we had at youth level.

Pretty poor show that someone like him who loves hibs would leave to go to a part time club 😩

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2014, 10:29 AM
i'l miss him on HibsTV :( nice decent guy and wish him all the best

NAE NOOKIE
06-07-2014, 10:41 AM
What a player.

i remember him playing sweeper against Celtic and it's the most accomplished performance I've ever witnessed.

This for me too ...... after the way he played I thought Hibs would have stuck with him there. I always had it in mind that that game was against the current buns, mind you my memory aint what it used to be :confused:

Anyway, good luck Boozy.

eastterrace
06-07-2014, 11:33 AM
This for me too ...... after the way he played I thought Hibs would have stuck with him there. I always had it in mind that that game was against the current buns, mind you my memory aint what it used to be :confused:

Anyway, good luck Boozy.

i think it was against rangers he played sweeper in the 3-3 draw, did he not get sent off as well.

since90plustwo
06-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Boozy was a youth coach so he can't really be blamed for wanting to become a no2 at first team level. Don't think it was a case of hibs letting him go which the majority on here feel happened, but more to do with him wantong to progress. A real gentleman and a terrific player. Definition of Hibs class.

Also completely disagree with those who said that it is Murray and Boozys time for the Hibs roles. All be it they are hibs through and through, and would always have the clubs best interests at heart, this is the completely wrong time for them. With a depleted squad at our disposal, does IM or Boozy have the contacts around Britain and afar to identify players? Murray has only ever coached at first division level and boozy only at youth in scotland so their player pool would be relatively small,compared to Stubbs for example who has experience at the highest level in English Football and the youth set ups within the country. I would love to see Boozy and Murray in the dugout one day, but just now is far to soon for the both of them. :flag:

Sir David Gray
06-07-2014, 09:43 PM
i think it was against rangers he played sweeper in the 3-3 draw, did he not get sent off as well.

It was against Rangers (R.I.P.) and he was sent off.

hibbysam
06-07-2014, 10:11 PM

It was rangers and he was sent off for a great tackle if I mind right in which Boyd either dived or made a meal of it... Kev McCann scored an absolute screamer that day and had a great game playing centre midfield!

Boyle89
06-07-2014, 10:19 PM
The game against hearts in the cis cup. Possibly the most composed performance I've seen from any footballer. Never lost the ball and just waltzed past hearts player with ease. He was just one step ahead of them all the time.
Good luck boozy! Sad to see you go. Hope you will be back one day.

wee hay
07-07-2014, 03:48 AM
Cup final wow! Good luck to the pair of them!

Billy Whizz
07-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Boozy coached my mates lad at EM. All the lads are gutted Boozy is away. Best motivational coach we had at youth level.

Pretty poor show that someone like him who loves hibs would leave to go to a part time club 😩

This is a career progression move. Going from coaching youths to senior players is a big jump. He should learn all he can, and come back to Hibs in some capacity at a later stage, a better coach

Wilson
07-07-2014, 07:55 AM
What makes you say that? Might be found out versus the 'bigger sides'?

His Dumbarton side have been known to take points from the bigger sides in the division. I don't see why that can't continue.

I think we have to make a distinction between his side struggling in a very tough division and Murray struggling as manager. If his side are competitive throughout the season and they stay up then that is a good season for the likes of Dumbarton - a good job by their management team. I'm hopeful for them.

J-C
07-07-2014, 08:03 AM
His Dumbarton side have been known to take points from the bigger sides in the division. I don't see why that can't continue.

I think we have to make a distinction between his side struggling in a very tough division and Murray struggling as manager. If his side are competitive throughout the season and they stay up then that is a good season for the likes of Dumbarton - a good job by their management team. I'm hopeful for them.

Exactly, Dumbarton exceeded all expectations last season by just missing out on a play off spot, the remit is to avoid relegation and get a safe mid table, Murray has done wonders at a part time club in a league where the majority of the teams are full time.