PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Season Ticket Update

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
02-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Message from Leeann Dempster

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140702/season-ticket-update_2262950_3945062)

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 01:14 PM
"I have decided that the best course of action is to leave prices as they are"

So you don't want to sell any more than the 5,500 already bought?

Big mistake.

DarrenSQH
02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Gonna be some games that Er Looks absolutely empty this year. If challenge cup isnt on ST then maybe under 5000 for those games.

BoomtownHibees
02-07-2014, 01:18 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140702/season-ticket-update_2262950_3945062)

Poor decision IMO

lord bunberry
That's a brave call that won't go down well I fear

smurf
Overall not a bad statement but disappointed with two area's;

1, There's just no need for the patronising spin on Tynecastle and Ibrox having more expensive seats. Very poor Leeann and what we'd expect from David Forsyth.

2, Had we signed some quality by now this statement would have been much better received.

hibee92
02-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Sure to go down well.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 01:19 PM
"I have decided that the best course of action is to leave prices as they are"

So you don't want to sell any more than the 5,500 already bought?

Big mistake.
Does this mean that anyone who wants to buy in the East for example will pay £380 or £405

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Does this mean that anyone who wants to buy in the East for example will pay £380 or £405

£405

Borderhibbie76
02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Made my mind up for me...ni way am I paying £405 to watch games against the likes of alloa and Dumbarton. ..sorry but this is bang out of order after what we went thru last year. Very, very disappointed with this...clearly no reward for fans loyalty.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 01:24 PM
The part that bothers me is that she's claimed to be basing this on some kind of research, with the mythical '95%' mentioned yet again (when in fact it is anecdotal evidence from a small number of people). She hasn't actually made any effort to gauge the view of a wide section of the support, either those who have renewed or the thousands that have chosen not to.

She said that if she'd given a discount of £50 to each Season Ticket holder, that would mean taking £250k from the club coffers.

1) False reasoning, as I'm sure the only people that would require a discount are those that pay full price, which is a minority of sales (many of those have said the club could keep the difference anyway).

2) What about the fact that there could be loads of people who might renew if it cost a bit less, which would probably increase the overall Season Ticket money.

I've got a feeling this is going to backfire even more, as some people might even now decide to cancel.

GreenCastle
02-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Seems a pretty honest statement so I give her credit for that - but don't fully agree with what's been decided.

The problem here is that LD has come into a complete mess and her hands are tied - relegation and previous years pricing have made it very difficult to change especially after people have already bought them.

My simple thinking is - does is represent value for money? The simple answer is no - Hibs and Scottish Football are way overpriced.

Now if we were looking like an exciting side and bringing in new players who were going to get the fans off their seats then things may be different and hope may exist. But just now we hardly have a team - let alone a team the fans can relate with and believe in.

It's the same old stroy - buy before you know the product - well it seems many have hit breaking point and awaiting new players and improvements so they can get some enjoyment / sense of belonging back.

It's not just sevco / yams we should be comparing our prices next to - it's the 9 teams who finished above us last season with a smaller budget and smaller home crowds (not including Celtic).

silverhibee
02-07-2014, 01:28 PM
What forum did she discuss it on. :confused:

Diclonius
02-07-2014, 01:30 PM
In that case, a lot of supporters will wait and see whether we bring in good quality players before buying.

In short: bargain basement deadline day signings = no season ticket holders. Deal with it.

HH81
Awful decision.

Am I right in thinking £405.00 is more expensive than paying the on the gate price as their is less games this season?

My_Wife_Camille
All I asked was that the payment plan was brought back as I couldn't afford the £405 up front.

Delighted that this will happen and I'll be buying first thing on Monday morning.

Waxy
02-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Good decision

Bleeds green
02-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Amazes me the response! Across the road fans dig deeper and deeper to help keep there club afloat and support the to the hilt, here we moan about £50 which equates to around 1/4 million extra players budget!! A figure most on here prob spend on one night down the boozer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
Awful decision.

Am I right in thinking £405.00 is more expensive than paying the on the gate price as their is less games this season?

With 18 games, they would need to charge an average of £22.50 per game to just match the Season Ticket price.

greenpaper55
It's hard to see what else she could do, she has to maximise money for the new squad and she will be hoping that walk ups will fill the coffers IF we play well and we are in contention, a big if !. Another of Mr Petries master plans no doubt.

Phoenix
the part that bothers me is that she's claimed to be basing this on some kind of research, with the mythical '95%' mentioned yet again (when in fact it is anecdotal evidence from a small number of people). She hasn't actually made any effort to gauge the view of a wide section of the support, either those who have renewed or the thousands that have chosen not to.

She said that if she'd given a discount of £50 to each season ticket holder, that would mean taking £250k from the club coffers.

1) false reasoning, as i'm sure the only people that would require a discount are those that pay full price, which is a minority of sales (many of those have said the club could keep the difference anyway).

2) what about the fact that there could be loads of people who might renew if it cost a bit less, which would probably increase the overall season ticket money.

I've got a feeling this is going to backfire even more, as some people might even now decide to cancel.

This indeed! ^^^

Keith_M
Amazes me the response! Across the road fans dig deeper and deeper to help keep there club afloat and support the to the hilt, here we moan about £50 which equates to around 1/4 million extra players budget!! A figure most on here prob spend on one night down the boozer

No it doesn't, please see my earlier post.

Landells
02-07-2014, 01:36 PM
So what about the fans who have already purchased? nothing?

Steve20
02-07-2014, 01:37 PM

Every year we hear the same. Buy tickets to help the playing squad. And we do and still we get crap on the pitch. It's time the club brought in the players and showed us what 'quality' we'll be able to watch next season and then people will maybe think about parting with £400 for second tier football.

HH81
02-07-2014, 01:38 PM
So what about the fans who have already purchased? nothing?

Yes you got first dibs on the over priced seats, what more can you want?

fishybeaver
02-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Fine by me, playing my small part in getting us back to where we should be by investing into the club. What has happened cant be changed, gotta just make the most of it now.

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 01:40 PM
More's to the point - I'm not sure she spelled "Leeann" correctly in her signature at the bottom.

Landells
02-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Yes you got first dibs on the over priced seats, what more can you want?

But the seats already been bought, why would I want first dibs on more?

Onion
02-07-2014, 01:41 PM
That's a brave call that won't go down well I fear

Brave would have been to offer a refund to those who had already paid.

If, as LD would have us believe, the vast majority of fans are happy keeping ST prices the same then there was little-no risk to club's finances. If however, a large number of ST holders would have taken a refund, then the club has failed to engage and excite Hibs fans with the new dawn and basically shafted those captive fans.

Overall, a poor and cowardly decision worthy of Petrie himself :greengrin

Landells
02-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Not even a ****ing free shirt or voucher!

The_Exile
It won't backfire, we have a core support of 7-9k who will go to every game, what she's asking is that that core support buys season tickets rather than walks up to the gate as that's guaranteed money now rather than later, we need the money now for the player budget. It's not rocket science, I'll be buying 2 on Monday, I would urge anyone who can, to buy one, even if it's through the payment plan. The club is changing for the better IMO, we genuinely have to stand up and be counted here. This isn't a "gawn please support the club" pash that we've had from Rod the past decade, this is a call to arms aimed at the entire support. The club needs the cash, it all sounds very clinical etc but that's where we're at.

IMO, we'll get out this league with a ST uptake of around 8-9k, anything less than that and we will struggle getting the desired quality in. This has the potential to be an epic season. I see folk saying they're not paying to watch this level of football. I guarantee you you'll have some of your best ever away days this year at the likes of Dumbarton, Alloa and Raith if we're all up for it.

Sincerely
Rod :greengrin

Victor
This is a difficult one. I can see what she means about wanting to provide the head Coach with s

hibs4thecup1988
02-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm. In two minds now. Honestly thought we would see a slight reduction, however if I am honest I wasn't sure to what extent. Also I asked her to bring in the Payment Plan. I feel I should sign back up on Monday.

I will see. I am guessing it will be through Zebra still, and as they were absolute kn*bs to me last year I won't renew if through them

HibbyAndy
02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
It won't backfire, we have a core support of 7-9k who will go to every game, what she's asking is that that core support buys season tickets rather than walks up to the gate as that's guaranteed money now rather than later, we need the money now for the player budget. It's not rocket science, I'll be buying 2 on Monday, I would urge anyone who can, to buy one, even if it's through the payment plan. The club is changing for the better IMO, we genuinely have to stand up and be counted here. This isn't a "gawn please support the club" pash that we've had from Rod the past decade, this is a call to arms aimed at the entire support. The club needs the cash, it all sounds very clinical etc but that's where we're at.

IMO, we'll get out this league with a ST uptake of around 8-9k, anything less than that and we will struggle getting the desired quality in.

Sincerely

Totally agree. I'll be renewing 3 on Monday.

southern hibby
02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Sorry, but as much as I love HIBS, I really do feel this isn't acceptable. So I must fork out £405 for a season ticket to allow me to watch championship football and just except it.

It's not the £405 I'm against but the whole idea of yet another season paying top £££s with no promise of 1 player even being paraded yet.

Show me the standard of player we are after and if I believe it's who I feel can entertain me, I will show you the colour of my money.

Home and away I go to all the games I can. However I pay my money every year to watch an under achieving team and it breaks my soul. Why should this year be any different? Every year I hope, pray, fantasies it will be different, well guess what this year the board can hope, pray and fantasies that this Hibs fan( and lots more )will yet again just part with our hard earned wages.

It now all plays down to standard of signings. Also before any fans get on my back and say you have to give the money to get the players I'n, I except that. However I've done that for years and were now I'n the championship paying £405 to possibly stay here. Can we now expect a price freeze, increase next year if were still not promoted?

GGTTH

Landells
02-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Shes talking about giving the cash to the Budget on players, however Stubbs has said hes looking to bring Everton youngster Loan players in!

IWasThere2016
02-07-2014, 01:46 PM
This is a difficult one. I can see what she means about wanting to provide the head Coach with s

Therefore, I think the statement might have been best timed for AFTER some signings have been made..

Victor
02-07-2014, 01:46 PM
This is a difficult one I can see what she means about wanting to provide sufficient funds for the Head Coach, but she will have to show that the funds will be spent wisely. There will have to be some movement on the transfer front between now and Monday to encourage fans to invest.

Mark79
02-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Why issue this before even signing anyone? Surely wiser to do this on or after a nice signing?

Also we have binned 14 players. Some of whom were bigger earners. Our wage bill has therefore dropped temporarily surely that's extra cash.

I bought mine day it came out and wouldn't take the money back if they reduced, however had I known we were playing in this league I wouldn't have paid 405 for it. Surely they cant charge walk ups less than 22.50 a game which will mean a huge drop in walk ups.

Big mistake here me thinks.

Landells
02-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Why issue this before even signing anyone? Surely wiser to do this on or after a nice signing?

Also we have binned 14 players. Some of whom were bigger earners. Our wage bill has therefore dropped temporarily surely that's extra cash.

I bought mine day it came out and wouldn't take the money back if they reduced, however had I known we were playing in this league I wouldn't have paid 405 for it. Surely they cant charge walk ups less than 22.50 a game which will mean a huge drop in walk ups.

16 :wink:

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Therefore, I think the statement might have been best timed for AFTER some signings have been made..

She said at the end of last week that a decision would be made and a statement made by the middle of this week. She's simply being good to her word.

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Has to be said. FFS!! Where is the reward for supporter loyalty in that statement on the official site?

I know nothing is guaranteed as far as the way the team will, or is going to play but a little crumb if comfort to early purchasers (pre relegation) might just have quelled the dissenters.

What do we get? Sod all. Money off away buses? Big deal!!

Not a happy bunny.

fishybeaver
02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Shes talking about giving the cash to the Budget on players, however Stubbs has said hes looking to bring Everton youngster Loan players in!

Not quite correct, he said "he may choose to go down that route"....but lets not let the facts get in the way the constant dowing of the club many on here claim to care about......

blackpoolhibs
Damned if she did, damned if she didn't i suppose. My own personal opinion is Farmer should have put a good wedge in up front, he's been an absent owner for too long and its about time he did something pro active for a change, rather than act after another disaster.

But that's just silly, imagine expecting the club to be actually lead from the top? Is it any wonder we only have 5k season tickets sold. :rolleyes:

adhibs
butcher gone and the return of payment plan have started making renewing look a bit more appealing. few good singings could make my mind up

Makaveli
02-07-2014, 01:55 PM

I also bought mine months ago and I agree with everything you say.

Either walk ups will be way too dear, leading to woeful crowds, or ST holders will end up paying more per game, ensuring many will hesitate to buy again next year.

Onion

IMO, we'll get out this league with a ST uptake of around 8-9k, anything less than that and we will struggle getting the desired quality in.

Sincerely

All a bit of a mess since Hamilton. Petrie still here, 2 weeks to sack Butcher, another 3 to appoint an untried manager and we've not signed one single player. You'd struggle to work up a worse backdrop to selling overpriced STs.

Peevemor
Has to be said. FFS!! Where is the reward for supporter loyalty in that statement on the official site?

I know nothing is guaranteed as far as the way the team will, or is going to play but a little crumb if comfort to early purchasers (pre relegation) might just have quelled the dissenters.

What do we get? Sod all. Money off away buses? Big deal!!

Not a happy bunny.

We have also, at the request of Working Together and from the support in general, started to look at implementing a long awaited loyalty scheme. The first discussions around how this might work will happen this week and I'll report back on the timescale involved and if we have the technical ability, at the moment, to implement.

:confused:

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 01:56 PM
butcher gone and the return of payment plan have started making renewing look a bit more appealing. few good singings could make my mind up

Will this do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhP4vZAh18

Hermit Crab
That's a few thousand fans been priced out the game. Another few thousand who won't renew due to price being too high. Poor decision. Least you could have done was gave everyone a free top up and refunded those who had already purchased the top up.

Billy Whizz
I'm presuming that walk up prices will be around £22 and £28 for Cat A games

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Fine by me as well.

Club needs our support, now it's up to them to put a team on the park.

"That was classic intercourse!"

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
All a bit of a mess since Hamilton. Petrie still here, 2 weeks to sack Butcher, another 3 to appoint an untried manager and we've not signed one single player. You'd struggle to work up a worse backdrop to selling overpriced STs.

Dempster was only in the job a week before she sacked Butcher then appointed Stubbs 2 weeks later.

My_Wife_Camille
02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
That's a few thousand fans been priced out the game. Another few thousand who won't renew due to price being too high. Poor decision. Least you could have done was gave everyone a free top up and refunded those who had already purchased the top up.
Says more about those who won't renew that it does about the club.

Jones28
02-07-2014, 02:00 PM
We need a substantial playing budget for this season, only way to find it is through ticket sales.

Gerard
02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
I think that Ms Dempster is doing a good job at OUR CLUB. In an ideal world it would be nice to get a reduction on the price I paid for my ST. This in not such a world. We are in the inferior league of Scottish football. The club needs every penny to spend on better players. That does not mean that there can not be some reward for the fans who have paid for SPL season ticket prices.

greenlad
02-07-2014, 02:03 PM
With 18 games, they would need to charge an average of £22.50 per game to just match the Season Ticket price.

That will be they key part for me - the benefit to buying a season ticket was always (from the early 90s onwards) sold as

- make a (slight) saving over the equivalent walk up prices
- have a guaranteed same seat for all matches (which used to inlcude Cup games before the CTU concept was invemted, as well as friendlies)
- first priority on limited availability tickets for away matches, Cup Finals, European matches etc.

Bearing in mind matches being moved for TV wasn't an major issue in those days - maybe 2 games a year at the absolute maximum in the 1994-98 period (very occasional live games on Sunday afternoon on Scotsport) - in those days you basically knew what you were getting for your money.

With adult ST prices at £405, If the average walk up ticket isn't priced at less than £22.50 next season then the club, however well intentioned, are in danger of at least being percived as fleecing its most loyal of fans who took the "gamble" and renewed in March despite not knowing what division they would be in.

To achieve an average walk up price of £22.50 next sesaon the most realistic combination of PATG prices I can come up with is

Category A (vs Hearts, Rangers) = £28 x 4

Category B ( vs everyone else) = £21 x 14

That gives a walkup price of £406 - and even those gate prices are laughable for Championship football - but those are just about the most feasible tarriffs to keep in line with the ST prices. If gate prices are set below this the club are risking alienating fans and running a gauntlet of challanges/returns around the T&Cs in the season ticket when its clear the product is different to what was sold (different calibre of opponent, different quantities of matches) and you can make a saving by paying at the gate.

We will have to see clear evidence of this extra £250k being put to good use in the playing budget.

Lago
02-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Frankly it was a no win situation for her.

HH81
02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I have a feeling Cat A games will be increased to £30.00 to jusifty the season ticket price?

PatHead
02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm presuming that walk up prices will be around £22 and £28 for Cat A games

Understand £23 will be walk up price.

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 02:11 PM

And still some folk think we are owned by someone who can do no wrong, and any new owner wont be able to run the club as well as STF.

5K Sold, no team. A new manager cutting his teeth with little funds to spend, and in a league against 2 teams we rarely beat.

This is where a club owned by a very rich man and run by Rod Petrie on his behalf is NOW, yet the campaign to oust them has gone quiet.

Its gone quiet because folk are scared of their own shadows these days, and are frightened we will fall further behind them, hopeing it will just all go away because we have appointed a new CEO.

Well this club is at its lowest ebb since the Mercer days, and will continue to be poor until we get STF and Petrie out the door.

HappyAsHellas
02-07-2014, 02:12 PM
We have paid top dollar in the last few seasons to watch, essentially, a bunch of no hopers being guided by an utter moron/s. People are talking about community ownership or involvement, yet at the first financial hurdle start spitting the dummy out of the pram. Why?
Running a club costs a lot of money, most of it coming from us. Now we are being asked to put up again, to try and bring this club to where it should be. A road well worth traveling I would have thought, irrespective of whatever hurdles we come across. If we want to be more involved then this is one of the ways to do it is it not? The alternative might be as someone suggested, waiting on STF to throw in a wedge, but don't hold your breath.

ronaldo7
02-07-2014, 02:12 PM
She said at the end of last week that a decision would be made and a statement made by the middle of this week. She's simply being good to her word.

:agree:

Mark79
02-07-2014, 02:16 PM
At £405 my expectations are that we will need to have a cracking team to justify the prices.

marinello59
02-07-2014, 02:18 PM
She's explained quite clearly why the decision has been made. I want to see Stubbs getting as much money as possible wasn't looking for any sort of rebate. The correct decision IMHO. If we start winning games on a regular basis the crowds and the revenue will come back. That's the way it works.

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 02:20 PM
"We have also, at the request of Working Together and from the support in general, started to look at implementing a long awaited loyalty scheme. The first discussions around how this might work will happen this week and I'll report back on the timescale involved and if we have the technical ability, at the moment, to implement."

And just where in that statement does it give any positive mention of a benefit to anyone who purchased early? I'm afraid I can't see it. To me it's waffle and rhetoric.

The story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" springs to mind. Everybody went along with it for fear of looking foolish. The majority were taken in but there was one person who saw through it and realised what the truth was. Would like to think I'm that person (and I'm guessing a few others?) - or better still, Ms Dempster comes out with something that means something pisitive to early purchasers and therefore proves me wrong.

Nothing, in what is probably the longest statement ever issued by the club, has convinced me to think differently - yet!!

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 02:23 PM
She's explained quite clearly why the decision has been made. I want to see Stubbs getting as much money as possible wasn't looking for any sort of rebate. The correct decision IMHO. If we start winning games on a regular basis the crowds and the revenue will come back. That's the way it works.

And if that doesn't happen?

Would love to have your optimism but ..........................

marinello59
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM
"We have also, at the request of Working Together and from the support in general, started to look at implementing a long awaited loyalty scheme. The first discussions around how this might work will happen this week and I'll report back on the timescale involved and if we have the technical ability, at the moment, to implement."

And just where in that statement does it give any positive mention of a benefit to anyone who purchased early? I'm afraid I can't see it. To me it's waffle and rhetoric.

The story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" springs to mind. Everybody went along with it for fear of looking foolish. The majority were taken in but there was one person who saw through it and realised what the truth was. Would like to think I'm that person (and I'm guessing a few others?) - or better still, Ms Dempster comes out with something that means something pisitive to early purchasers and therefore proves me wrong.

Nothing, in what is probably the longest statement ever issued by the club, has convinced me to think differently - yet!!

The most perceptive Hibs fan here award as nominated by himself goes to hibby6270.
:rolleyes:

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Sorry, but as much as I love HIBS, I really do feel this isn't acceptable. So I must fork out £405 for a season ticket to allow me to watch championship football and just except it.

It's not the £405 I'm against but the whole idea of yet another season paying top £££s with no promise of 1 player even being paraded yet.

Show me the standard of player we are after and if I believe it's who I feel can entertain me, I will show you the colour of my money.

Home and away I go to all the games I can. However I pay my money every year to watch an under achieving team and it breaks my soul. Why should this year be any different? Every year I hope, pray, fantasies it will be different, well guess what this year the board can hope, pray and fantasies that this Hibs fan( and lots more )will yet again just part with our hard earned wages.

It now all plays down to standard of signings. Also before any fans get on my back and say you have to give the money to get the players I'n, I except that. However I've done that for years and were now I'n the championship paying £405 to possibly stay here. Can we now expect a price freeze, increase next year if were still not promoted?

GGTTH

Well said. Exactly how I feel as well.

Northern Hibby
02-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I expect this "bad" news to suddenly be buried/forgotten over the next few days with Multiple signings :thumbsup:

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 02:30 PM

We will have to see clear evidence of this extra £250k being put to good use in the playing budget.

Don't fall for the headline numbers.

Reducing adult only Season Ticket prices would NOT reduce the total amount by £250k, it would be a much smaller sum of money. The number of concession prices far outweighs the full price STs, so she could have decreased just the full price STs.

She could have made the reduction optional, as a lot of people said they'd be quite happy for Hibs to keep the difference.

There is every possibility that any amount lost would be more than made up for by people who would actually buy an ST at a slightly lower price.

The 95% thing is meaningless, as it's mere anecdotal evidence from a handful of people that had already renewed. No one questioned a reasonable number of renewers, or indeed of those holding back, to get an accurate picture.

The whole thing has been handled in a very amatuer way.

Nando™
02-07-2014, 02:34 PM

You think loan players come here for free?

adhibs
02-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Will this do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhP4vZAh18

i found that about as enjoyable as the football last season.

bighairyfaeleith
02-07-2014, 02:36 PM
All I asked was that the payment plan was brought back as I couldn't afford the £405 up front.

Delighted that this will happen and I'll be buying first thing on Monday morning.

me too, happy with this decision and happy the prices are being kept the same

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 02:38 PM
The most perceptive Hibs fan here award as nominated by himself goes to hibby6270.
:rolleyes:

Perceptive? Mibbes aye, mibbies naw! Probably naw!!

More a realist just trying to cut the wool from over my eyes.
Sadly, it's been pulled over them for too long now.
Hope in time I'm made to eat my "perceptive" words though.

ronaldo7
02-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Perceptive? Mibbes aye, mibbies naw! Probably naw!!

More a realist just trying to cut the wool from over my eyes.
Sadly, it's been pulled over them for too long now.
Hope in time I'm made to eat my "perceptive" words though.

Here's hoping:aok:

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I expect this "bad" news to suddenly be buried/forgotten over the next few days with Multiple signings :thumbsup:

I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking:greengrin

scoopyboy
02-07-2014, 02:41 PM
I paid £380 for my season ticket, so people don't have to pay £405 as every objector is claiming.

If you don't want to pay the price don't, but don't whinge if we don't have a good team.

Simples.

Pretty Boy
02-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Bringing back the payment plan is a good idea and may encourage a few.

As for the rest well I see where she is coming from. For me I get no more excited about playing Kilmarnock and St Mirren than I do Falkirk and Raith Rovers. The 1st games I looked for last season were Hearts and Celtic, this year it's Hearts and The Rangers. I honestly don't feel like I'm being asked to pay for a vastly inferior product.

I totally understand others feeling differently but for me watching Hibs has never been about value for money, I would have given up a long time ago if it was, it's about supporting the team, the club and the 'enjoyment' I get from that.

hibee_girl
02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
I paid £380 for my season ticket, so people don't have to pay £405 as every objector is claiming.

If you don't want to pay the price don't, but don't whinge if we don't have a good team.

Simples.

Aaron
02-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Simples.

Where do you sit for £380? Here is the pricing from the official site:

Season Ticket Membership Prices for 14/15 Season

East/West/FF Upper
Adult: £405
Senior: £215
Student: £170
Child: £145

FF Lower
Adult: £355
Senior: £140
Student: £95
Youth: £95
Child: £25

Pretty Boy
02-07-2014, 02:46 PM

East/West/FF Upper

FF Lower

If you renewed early it was £380.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Another point about the statement (I know, I just won't shut up).

Dempster is attempting to paint our prices in a good light in comparison to Ranger and Hearts. They do indeed have some really high priced seats but consider this comparison (I've ignore the executive seats and stuck to the nearest equivelants)

Govan Front: (Side) £331 & (Centre) £380
East Stand: (All) £405

Copland Front: £323
FF Front: £355

Copland Rear: £331
FF Rear: £405

marinello59
02-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Don't fall for the headline numbers.

Reducing adult only Season Ticket prices would NOT reduce the total amount by £250k, it would be a much smaller sum of money. The number of concession prices far outweighs the full price STs, so she could have decreased just the full price STs.

She could have made the reduction optional, as a lot of people said they'd be quite happy for Hibs to keep the difference.

There is every possibility that any amount lost would be more than made up for by people who would actually buy an ST at a slightly lower price.

The 95% thing is meaningless, as it's mere anecdotal evidence from a handful of people that had already renewed. No one questioned a reasonable number of renewers, or indeed of those holding back, to get an accurate picture.

The whole thing has been handled in a very amatuer way.

Really? I kind of like having somebody from the club taking the time to listen to fans before making a decision and then giving us a grown up explanation. You may not like the decision but your last comment seems more than a little unfair.

scoopyboy
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM

East/West/FF Upper

FF Lower

The West Stand, I paid £380. FACT. END OF.

Aaron
02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
If you renewed early it was £380.

Thanks Pretty Boy - I thought I was missing something with the prices as I have seen £380 said a few times now.

Aaron
02-07-2014, 02:53 PM
The West Stand, I paid £380. FACT. END OF.

Thanks for being so helpful :rolleyes:

Keith_M
Really? I kind of like having somebody from the club taking the time to listen to fans before making a decision and then giving us a grown up explanation. You may not like the decision but your last comment seems more than a little unfair.

Did you read my whole comment? The club has not canvassed the opinion of the fans. Ms Dempster has gone on anecdotal evidence of a handful of people that have already renewed. They did not canvass the opinion of a wide section of the support, or of anyone that has not yet renewed, to gauge what would tempt them to do so.

I'm sorry, but it really is not very business like to me.

scoopyboy

My pleasure.

Cameron1875
02-07-2014, 02:54 PM
PHIL O’DONNELL STAND
Until 31st May 2014
From 1st June 2014

Adult
£399
£420

Concessions*
£219
£230

Young Adult (13 – 15)
£70
£80

Juvenile (12 and under)
£70
£80

DAVIE COOPER STAND
Until 31st May 2014
From 1st June 2014

Adult
£314
£330

Concessions*
£185
£195

Young Adult (13 – 15)
£70
£80

Juvenile (12 and under)
£70
£80

EAST STAND
Until 31st May 2014
From 1st June 2014

Adult
£295
£310

Concessions*
£162
£170

Young Adult (13 – 15)
£70
£80

Juvenile (12 and under)
£70
£80

Wee comparison between our prices and Dempster's previous club. Does she, and previous people running hibs just assume cause we are based in Edinburgh that all our fans are rolling in money?!

Motherwell have been better than us since 2008 and are still paying way less than us ffs.

And don't buy the myth that Motherwell are competing with Rangers and Celtic for fans. Their average attendances have hardly risen in the 6 years where they have finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 02:54 PM

Aaron, have you bought your season ticket like Scoopyboy?

weonlywon6-2
02-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Good decision

Its a good decision for Hibernian Football Club financially but not so for their fans,hey ho,it was always going to be tough call to make by LD so we just need to get on with it

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Thanks Pretty Boy - I thought I was missing something with the prices as I have seen £380 said a few times now.

There will be some out there who have paid £430 if they also took the CTU early doors. Effectively what's being asked for now is potentially to pay £455 if CTU is included. Who in their right mind is going to go along with that at this late stage?

Even if the message was that CTU would be included retrospectively for Early Bird adopters that would have been a positive. Despite my earlier rants, that would probably have done for me!!

Aaron
02-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Aaron, have you bought your season ticket like Scoopyboy?

Not as yet hence my confusion about the different prices being quoted - why?

Franck Stanton
02-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Fine by me as well.

Club needs our support, now it's up to them to put a team on the park.

Fine by me as well, paid £380 [Early Bird scheme], Club need our support, so give it. Time to moan is end of season IF there has been no improvement. We supporters are demanding better class of player but some are unwilling to contribute to that happening - it would appear to me that those moaning the most are those that are "undecided" about renewing. Cannae have it both ways I'm afraid. We have a new CEO, Head Coach [Manager to us auld yins], and will have practically a whole team of new players, these come at a cost and S/T money determines just what quality of player we get in, let Stubbs shop in M & S and not be reduced to Aldi's.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Heart have sold over 8,000.

The Harp Awakes
02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Not an easy decision to make but probably the correct one. Won't encourage many new season ticket sales but if we begin to get it right on the park and start winning games, our walk up support will increase.

Northern Hibby
02-07-2014, 03:09 PM
I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking:greengrin

No Need for alcohol, it's inevitable, we have 14 1st team players (no GK's) we have a big game in just 3 weeks, we WILL unveil new players in the coming days, add to that new strip and we will all get whipped up into a frenzy of green & white euphoria.

:hibees :hibees :hibees
:flag: :flag: :flag:

Bishop Hibee
02-07-2014, 03:09 PM
No surprise. If their is no improvement by the end of the season and there is no sign of a plan from Petrie and Farmer as to what they plan to do with their share of the club then I won't renew next season.

If we get 6K ST holders after last seasons horror show then we'll be doing well.

Kojock
02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
I take it walk up prices will reflect the season ticket cost. If so look forward seeing to a very empty stadium this season. A massive own goal as far as I'm concerned. The way I feel the now is that I will be at ER Monday morning asking for a full refund. You can only rip the p155 out of us for so long and that point has been reached.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 03:15 PM
The problem for me is it looks like the club doesn't care about the supporters. IMO they should have offered us something, it doesn't matter how small that something was it would have given the impression that they at least understood that were feelng a bit short changed. Personally speaking I wasn't looking for any sort of refund and would have refused one if offered, but we need to do something to get people to renew, today's statement won't do that.

we are hibs
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Absolute joke.

Brightside
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Attendances will be up this year. My sources have told me....

Hibercelona
02-07-2014, 03:17 PM
No surprise. If their is no improvement by the end of the season and there is no sign of a plan from Petrie and Farmer as to what they plan to do with their share of the club then I won't renew next season.

Hasn't that been the way of it season after season?

And for those saying that we shouldn't whinge about having a poor team if we're not willing to invest. That's just nonsese. Fans have invested over the years and we've been served crap anyway.

The club should be doing something to encourage fans back, insteading of expecting us to keep plowing large amounts of cash into the unknown time and time again. They should give us something to actually be confident about.

carnoustiehibee
02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
The problem for me is it looks like the club doesn't care about the supporters. IMO they should have offered us something, it doesn't matter how small that something was it would have given the impression that they at least understood that were feelng a bit short changed. Personally speaking I wasn't looking for any sort of refund and would have refused one if offered, but we need to do something to get people to renew, today's statement won't do that.

Yeah I thought hibs might've offered hospitality for a game,5-6 free kids tickets or shop vouchers.

Season ticket numbers don't really matter though and comparing it to hearts is a very, well yammish thing to do. Get a team on the pitch and I'll start finding that extra money each week to come through and watch. I'm sure most other fans are in the same boat.

Michael
02-07-2014, 03:43 PM
Was there not a poll on here where almost everyone wanted prices to stay the same?

greenpaper55
02-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Fans having to fork out for Farmer and Petries follies, the owner backed that erse year after year and now the fans have to carry the can for their utter failure. Farmer should dig deep and pay us back by putting a team on the park that reflects the ambitions of the fans-what's the chance ?.

marinello59
02-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Was there not a poll on here where almost everyone wanted prices to stay the same?

Those who had already renewed backed plans for prices to remain the same.

marinello59
02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Heart have sold over 8,000.

And many of those who will have bought them will also be paying out additional direct Debits. Guess they are happy to get on with things and back their club.

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 03:50 PM
No Need for alcohol, it's inevitable, we have 14 1st team players (no GK's) we have a big game in just 3 weeks, we WILL unveil new players in the coming days, add to that new strip and we will all get whipped up into a frenzy of green & white euphoria.

Stop it. You're worrying me (and I don't even know you!!).
Would you like me to call doctor or refer you to 111 for analysis LOL

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Fans having to fork out for Farmer and Petries follies, the owner backed that erse year after year and now the fans have to carry the can for their utter failure. Farmer should dig deep and pay us back by putting a team on the park that reflects the ambitions of the fans-what's the chance ?.

Amen to that. :top marks

marinello59
02-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I take it walk up prices will reflect the season ticket cost. If so look forward seeing to a very empty stadium this season. A massive own goal as far as I'm concerned. The way I feel the now is that I will be at ER Monday morning asking for a full refund. You can only rip the p155 out of us for so long and that point has been reached.

If we are challenging for the title the place will be busy enough.

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM

The actions of owner and his puppet have pretty much ruled that out for me.

HTD1875
02-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Understand £23 will be walk up price.

Surely that canny be true, £23 to see Hibs v Alloa? Who in their right mind is going to pay that? :confused:

green&left
02-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Got a season ticket and not interested in a refund but stopped reading half way through.

The comparison to hearts is utter pish. Their PATG prices for next season are Cat A - £30, £26, £24 & 23 and Cat B, £27, £23, £19 and £17. They have a few blocks of 'platinum tickets' (the £30 & £27 ones) that are granted more expensive than us, they do however half about three quarters of a stadium that will be far cheaper than Easter Road. Same goes for the stadium. The Wheatfield 'platinum' (Same 5 blocks as above) are £410 then the the prices range down to £260.

More nonsense trying to justify being a bunch of stupid robbing noel hunts.

Nando™
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Surely that canny be true, £23 to see Hibs v Alloa? Who in their right mind is going to pay that? :confused:

If I hadn't already bought a ST then I would pay the walk up prices. I pay my money to see Hibs and contribute to the progress of Hibs, not the opposition.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 04:00 PM

We need as much money up front as possible, which means selling a large number of Season Tickets. My feeling is that the club have made a shortsighted* decision that will see less Season Tickets sold, thereby adversely affecting our budget.

That makes it even less likely for your theoretical scenario to actually happen.

* Or possibly in their minds, the 'safe' choice.

marinello59

What about v Rangers? Or Hearts? or challenging for the title and needing three points to overtake our rivals? £23 will seem fair enough then. Why dwell on the worst case scenario all the time. It's bonkers. Nobody does it in real life do they? So why do it when it comes to something we all say we love, OUR football club.

Greenheart

IMO, we'll get out this league with a ST uptake of around 8-9k, anything less than that and we will struggle getting the desired quality in. This has the potential to be an epic season. I see folk saying they're not paying to watch this level of football. I guarantee you you'll have some of your best ever away days this year at the likes of Dumbarton, Alloa and Raith if we're all up for it.

Sincerely

agree 100% get your ST bought now support our club GGTTH

marinello59
02-07-2014, 04:05 PM
We need as much money up front as possible, which means selling a large number of Season Tickets. My feeling is that the club have made a shortsighted* decision that will see less Season Tickets sold, thereby adversely affecting our budget.

That makes it even less likely for your theoretical scenario to actually happen.

* Or possibly in their minds, the 'safe' choice.

Your feeling v my theoretical scenario then. Hopefully I am right. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
02-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Going against the grain but that is a brilliant statement from LD.

Open and honest about the situation we're in, giving facts about numbers of STs sold, proposed loyalty scheme, help for supporters buses, more kids and community tickets and thinking of ways to reward fans who buy ST this year - love it all.

Very impressed Leeanne - keep it up :)

HH81
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
What about v Rangers? Or Hearts? or challenging for the title and needing three points to overtake our rivals? £23 will seem fair enough then. Why dwell on the worst case scenario all the time. It's bonkers. Nobody does it in real life do they? So why do it when it comes to something we all say we love, OUR football club.

The price of Rangers and Hearts games will increase and you know it.

marinello59
02-07-2014, 04:13 PM
The price of Rangers and Hearts games will increase and you know it.

It doesn't make my point any less valid does it? Concentrating on the worst case scenario all the time is bonkers yet many here want to do just that.

HTD1875
02-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Because it's more than a lot of my mates and I can afford to pay and it means I can't go, to watch "OUR football club"

marinello59
02-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Because it's more than a lot of my mates and I can afford to pay and it means I can't go, to watch "OUR football club"

So you wouldn't have been going if we had stayed up either then?

weststandhibby
02-07-2014, 04:24 PM
:top marks

:top marks

Green Fish
02-07-2014, 04:24 PM
A small discount or club voucher for the following season for those who have renewed would have been a nice gesture. Sorry if already posted, how much are walk up prices likely to be

HTD1875
02-07-2014, 04:26 PM
So you wouldn't have been going if we had stayed up either then?

At £23 a game nope, it's not that I don't want to go I just can't

lucky
02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Poor decision. I've purchased my ST but to be honest it's more through stupidity than sense. Most of us who purchased would have done so regardless of price but to sell another 2500 tickets we needed to drop the price. Sorry but Hibs have got this wrong

Ozyhibby
02-07-2014, 04:34 PM

Open and honest about the situation we're in, giving facts about numbers of STs sold, proposed loyalty scheme, help for supporters buses, more kids and community tickets and thinking of ways to reward fans who buy ST this year - love it all.

I'm in this camp. IMO it is neither a good decision or a bad decision but it is one that had to be made. It's done now. It seems that some are happy some not. She could not win on this one.
I'll be buying two tickets once the new players start arriving and I see the quality is up to the standard that I think we will compete.
More of the same tosh loan signings and I won't bother.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2014, 04:35 PM

Source?

GGTTH07
02-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Can right off if they think I'm paying £405 to watch that absolute mince. Joke.

The_Horde
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Whilst I see where the club and leeann are coming from I feel that dropping the prices a little would've increased the number of season tickets bought and we wouldn't have lost any money.

I fear that hibs have missed out on the chance to have over 10,000 season ticket holders and the merchandise sales that would come with that.

I'll still be going to every home match and wi probably buy a season ticket before the season starts. But I always have. It's the long lost supporters since 2007 we've missed out on here.

SneakersO'Toole
02-07-2014, 04:44 PM
As far as i see, things haven't changed. If you can afford a ST, then get one and support the club. If you can't, then contribute what you can in walk ups and merchandise.

Too many people getting up hung up on their own personal situation. The club cant please everyone.

mcfly
02-07-2014, 04:45 PM
It's open and honest but how can you ask people to pay £405 for a season ticket when we have released 14 players and signed no one.

C'mon hibs let's give the fans something back. Show ambition and sign some quality.

If not then its an empty stadium I fear

SneakersO'Toole
02-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Should have added that if we start to sign some of the players we are getting linked with then can see the ST's starting to snowball again.

This storm in a tea cup will be forgotten about in 2weeks.

Carheenlea
02-07-2014, 04:49 PM
£405 for an adult to watch Hibs for a season is still pretty decent value.

Last season we got defeat after defeat after defeat at Easter Road, so next season should see some better value if we can enjoy some more regular victories and more attractive football.

A season ticket for Hibs will more than likely work out a lot cheaper than golf subscriptions, gym memberships and a lot cheaper than a SKY Sports subscription.

Walkerbaws
02-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Is it me or is Leeann Dempster baffling us with Bulls**t in her club statements. From what I read in the season ticket statement, she is keeping the prices the same as dropping the prices would cut into Stubbs' budget, how about she gives alan the same budget as last year and pull the money from somewhere else. Does this mean that Stubbs can spend 200k on a player for this season as we still have the same money coming in. Does this also mean that the 13+ player that have been let go can be replaced with similar waged players. How are we supposed to know that the budget for Stubbs will be the same as last seasons with Fenlon or butcher, didn't she come out last week and say if we think we can still spend the same money as last season it would be very naive to think so. Did Leeann take a wage cut this season when we found out we were relegated? Doubt it.

All in all she makes very good and valid points in all her statements yet misdirects us onto something else and never really addresses the point she is talking about.

portyhibernian
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Taken for granted by the club again. Not a surprise. Absolutely no incentive for anyone who hasn't already done so to buy a season ticket. Quite honestly if it wasn't for blind loyalty I wouldn't have bothered myself.

sadtom
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM

Speak for yersel mate. I never get a 'night at the boozer', shelling out for myself and 3 kids (2 youths aged 13). Am looking at 2 x 1% wage rises in the next 2 years which will mean 3x1% in 5 years. Add to the fact robbin tory c**** have screwed me over pension contribution amouting to way more than the 3%. I take home less than i did 3 years ago!I was very much hoping for some sort of re-embursement for buying tickets when we were 7th/8th in the league.
I can assure you it wouldnt be spend in any f****** boozer.
What planet do these f****** cretins live on!?
Seriously considering cancelling.
Dreadfull decision from Hibs.
All very well a bunch of 'uber fans' saying 'we dont wany a refund'.
Some of us arent sad, lonely 40/50 year olds living with their parents with Hibs posters still on their wall.
This is the real f****** world and Hibs have made a real c*** of it.
Raging!

The_Horde
02-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I might be alone but I think her statement was pretty honest?

Where I think she's gone is that she's not asked people who used to have season tickets what they'd like to see.

Smartie
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
The message was delivered in the style of Dempster but the sentiment and content was 100% Petrie and exactly what we've been used to getting for years.

"Together we are stronger" anyone?

portyhibernian
02-07-2014, 04:57 PM
It was the information in the statement which was upsetting, not the way it was delivered!

Steven_Hibs
02-07-2014, 04:57 PM
I think the statements reek of Petrie. So she says hardly any season tickets have been sold since relegation yet says price must stay the same? Hmmm. Try encourage people to buy tickets for the league we are no in

Walkerbaws
02-07-2014, 05:01 PM
It's honest enough, but I think she dances around a lot of points I.e encentives to buy season tickets. Only incentive is the payment plan is back. We need people to put there hands in there pockets and spend £405 on a season ticket, what can we do as a club to get that to happen? A lot of people will be telling Hibs where to go for that price, or maybe can't afford that price if they want to bring the family along.

18Craig75
02-07-2014, 05:02 PM
£405 to watch another season worth of Nelson... :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

sbell1875
02-07-2014, 05:03 PM
I think the statements reek of Petrie. So she says hardly any season tickets have been sold since relegation yet says price must stay the same? Hmmm. Try encourage people to buy tickets for the league we are no in

To me the reason for a decrease in sales wasn't because of the impending discussions on possible changes to the prices it is simply because of relegation. If the club think confirming no change to prices will lead to an upturn in sales then I think they will be very disappointed.

To me, common sense would have neen to cut around £50 bringing the cost to roughly £350. If 8,000 briefs were then sold it would bring in more than what has already been sold at £405.

I really do think Hibs have made a mistake here.

BVB Hibs
02-07-2014, 05:07 PM
From her statements I would have said the opposite. Leeann seems to do very little faffing about in her statements, is fairly to the point and most importantly seems to be willing to make the right decisions for the club, regardless of whether the fans agree with them or not. She's also explaining and justifying her decisions, which is important.

There's been a lot of silence is deafening talk on here, but I think we've actually been well informed as to what is going on. Leeann's appointment, Stubbs as manager and the new sponsorship deals. People want info on players which is completely understandable, but at the same time the club is never going to release official news on who they're wanting to sign, as it might entice other teams to bid and drive the price up.

From what I've gathered anyway, the playing budget has been reduced, and the season ticket price had been left the same as to not reduce it further. However, with a planned smaller squad and after getting rid of the east of Scotland team, we should still have a good and competitive player budget, and be able to offer a good wage to players. The idea is to spend the money on the right players, rather than spending big bucks on journeymen like we have done in the past. At a guess, I'd assume on average we're capable of offering the same, if not even a slightly higher wage, due to us having less players on the books

Edit: this seems slightly out of context now that two threads have been merged. In relation to the "Leeann is talking rubbish" post,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clerriehibs
02-07-2014, 05:08 PM

What is it about Hibs you like then?

Because, at the end of the day, Hibs are the supporters, no more, no less.
If you think 'they' do things better over the road ..

Jamesconnolly
02-07-2014, 05:11 PM
I renewed on the early bird interest free option for me and my two sons .to be honest I didn't expect to get anything back.at the end of the day if hibs start dishing money back the budget is going to be less which is something we can't afford if we want to compete against yams and Huns.i think we all have to wait and see who we sign .nothing can be as bad as last year and we as hibbys need to get behind the club .
we need to stop fighting amongst ourselves on here it is ******g depressing listening to some of the pathetic doom and gloom comments.some people just revel in failure.
Lets be positive about our team give Stubbs a chance,he will deliver I am sure .
oh aye be interesting to see how many of the moaners will be greeting for a ticket when we do well
Ggtth :flag::flag:

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-07-2014, 05:12 PM

Green euphoria

scoopyboy
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
£405 for an adult to watch Hibs for a season is still pretty decent value.

Last season we got defeat after defeat after defeat at Easter Road, so next season should see some better value if we can enjoy some more regular victories and more attractive football.

A season ticket for Hibs will more than likely work out a lot cheaper than golf subscriptions, gym memberships and a lot cheaper than a SKY Sports subscription.

It equates to £1.11 a day.

We slagged Hearts fans for their face painting, cake baking, etc but to be fair they got there.

Heaven help us if we ever end up with the fans having to save the club.

Some of the excuses are nothing short of pitiful.

If we start the season without a goalie and don't have enough players to fulfil fixtures I will admit to being ott.

Edit - this does not apply to sadtom who I really feel for and others in similar situations

Smartie
02-07-2014, 05:13 PM
;4083268']Whilst I see where the club and leeann are coming from I feel that dropping the prices a little would've increased the number of season tickets bought and we wouldn't have lost any money.

I fear that hibs have missed out on the chance to have over 10,000 season ticket holders and the merchandise sales that would come with that.

I'll still be going to every home match and wi probably buy a season ticket before the season starts. But I always have. It's the long lost supporters since 2007 we've missed out on here.

I agree with this and see it as a massive opportunity missed.

She's used seriously contorted logic to justify a difference of £250k in Stubbs' budget.

There are a lot of seriously hacked off people out there who are just looking for a gesture from Hibs. How many extra season tickets would have to be sold to offset what would have been lost by giving AN OFFER (doesn't have to be accepted) of £50 back on the price of a season ticket? 500 or so? And many of those would not necessarily have taken them up on the offer of a refund. And then the merchandise etc. Bonkers really.

For me this whole business is quite significant symbolically because I reckon it demonstrates that the real power is still held by someone smirking from behind a 'tache. Little has really changed. The pattern and quality of player recruitment will be the next test of this.

That said, this all just relates to season tickets. We had some cracking PATG attendances last season - Malmo, the derbies, the home play-off. A decent side playing the right way and challenging at the top of the league will see crowds flock back and this woud still generate revenue. Just a shame that they couldn't bring themselves to do something for us that would make us buy more season tickets paid for up front so they could properly invest this in the squad and really improve our chances for the coming season.

HFC 0-7
02-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Big mistake IMO, we are doing nothing to get the fans back on side here. Teams around us are signing players whilst we do nothing (before anyone says that we may be 'working hard behind the scenes', it means nothing unless players are signed, and other teams seem to be managing it fine.). Time is ticking, biggest re building job ever. Off to a bad start in the games and it will be the 'need time to gel rubbish getting trotted out whilst every other team gels quickly'.

Looking at our first 5 home games: -

Livingston
Falkirk
Cowdenbeath
Raith Rovers
Dumbarton

£115 to see that is shocking.

I know why Leanne is asking for fans to get a season ticket rather than pay walk up, because after a few games watching teams like the above in an empty stadium at £23 a pop isnt going to have fans flocking back. So far there is nothing radical happening at hibs, its as you were - terrible previous season, no good signings but please give us your money. If she wants fans to pay money, she needs to give us something to buy into.

AlbertK86
02-07-2014, 05:23 PM
And still some folk think we are owned by someone who can do no wrong, and any new owner wont be able to run the club as well as STF. 5K Sold, no team. A new manager cutting his teeth with little funds to spend, and in a league against 2 teams we rarely beat. This is where a club owned by a very rich man and run by Rod Petrie on his behalf is NOW, yet the campaign to oust them has gone quiet. Its gone quiet because folk are scared of their own shadows these days, and are frightened we will fall further behind them, hopeing it will just all go away because we have appointed a new CEO. Well this club is at its lowest ebb since the Mercer days, and will continue to be poor until we get STF and Petrie out the door.

Correct

Gatecrasher
02-07-2014, 05:25 PM
A good open and honest statement providing the support with a decision and how that decision was made. Whether you agree with it or not the season is upon us its time to back the club what ever way you can. Hibs need your support!

Beefster
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM
And just where in that statement does it give any positive mention of a benefit to anyone who purchased early?

Those of us who renewed early received a discount. The next bit isn't aimed at you if you've already renewed.

Some folk like to bitch and whine about any and everything Hibs do right now. If you can't or won't buy a ST, fine. Just please shut the **** up about it.

AlbertK86
02-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Still think that the biggest stumbling block is not the same price it is the continued presence of KING ROD

Fair enough statement but people will view that over the last 10 years we have made the most money out of outgoing transfers (other than the two weegie teams) yet we still have to pay the most money

I agree with giving Stubbs as big a budget as we can

The best ways to increase ST Numbers will be for KING ROD to leave and get a decent team on the pitch winning games with a bit of style

Turkish Green
02-07-2014, 05:36 PM
And many of those who will have bought them will also be paying out additional direct Debits. Guess they are happy to get on with things and back their club.

The big difference is that Hibs put their ST early bird packages on sale while the club was still in a reasonably healthy position in the SPL. Hearts on the other hand.did not put their STs on sale until after they came out of admin and relegation was well known. Many yams are just happy to have a club to support regardless of ST prices.

TheReg!
02-07-2014, 05:38 PM
I get why people are a wee bit peeved BUT let's be honest the majority of people would have bought a ST at this price if we were still in the SPFL, probably watching a poor TB team fighting to stay in the league, IMHO we should win a few games this season and be challenging at/near the top and there is a chance we could be promoted, for me this is worth the price as I would rather pay £405 this season than I would if we were still in the SPFL.

wookie70
02-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Caught between a rock and a hard place. If I had been Leeann I think I would have had some kind of T-Shirt offer for those who have already renewed. Most of us effectively bought with the prospect of the Rolls Royce league and ended up in the Ford with at the moment a Lada team. Some recognition might have been good for relations.

I am in the FF with my kids so the £405 I paid covers 3 seats and is decent value for money. However my kids love going to away games and there may be more value and fun going to all the away games rather than the home games and it might not cost too much more including petrol money. Mind you they are bored with Easter Road as they have only been going a couple of years and hardly seen us win a game. Hopefully a few wins next year will put the smiles back on my kids faces as well as all the other ER regulars. Like most on here if we get out of this nightmare in one season then the price of the season ticket will be worth every penny. If we don't it will be an incredibly difficult sell next year. A Board has to make these short term decisions with middle and long term consequences in mind. Promotion will mean they were spot on and staying in the league could mean some lean years of ST sales ahead.

Gerard
02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Caught between a rock and a hard place. If I had been Leeann I think I would have had some kind of T-Shirt offer for those who have already renewed. Most of us effectively bought with the prospect of the Rolls Royce league and ended up in the Ford with at the moment a Lada team. Some recognition might have been good for relations.

I am in the FF with my kids so the £405 I paid covers 3 seats and is decent value for money. However my kids love going to away games and there may be more value and fun going to all the away games rather than the home games and it might not cost too much more including petrol money. Mind you they are bored with Easter Road as they have only been going a couple of years and hardly seen us win a game. Hopefully a few wins next year will put the smiles back on my kids faces as well as all the other ER regulars. Like most on here if we get out of this nightmare in one season then the price of the season ticket will be worth every penny. If we don't it will be an incredibly difficult sell next year. A Board has to make these short term decisions with middle and long term consequences in mind. Promotion will mean they were spot on and staying in the league could mean some lean years of ST sales ahead.

The club needs money to spend on players. The majority of the money that the club gets is STs and Walk Ups. I think the ability to pay a monthly amount to get a ST is good business for the club and the supporter.

hibbymark
02-07-2014, 05:54 PM
I think Hibs had to offer something to reward people who purchased early and offer the payment plan to people who have not renewed plus a discount/free cup top up or voucher for the home strip . The price comparisons to Ibrox and Tynecastle are false as much cheaper seats are available at both these grounds while we charge the same in the east and west regardless of whether your seat is in the top tier, bottom tier front row or back. We have sold season tickets for the last 2 years on the back of cup final tickets so I am amazed that we have sold nearly 5500 in our current plight. I really thought long and hard about renewing this year and held of until deadline day for the early bird discount before I renewed with the heart ruling the head again. Weeks after the Hamilton debacle I'm still angry and In shock tbh and statements like that one today just confirms how far detached I feel from my club at the moment. Hibs board, Farmer or bank rolled need to spend instead of the same message every year to fans effectively buying tickets to clear up the chairman's mess of poor managerial appointments and sub standard signings and loanees not fit to wear the jersey. We have waited weeks on a announcement regards season tickets. Why the club couldn't give us some sort of gesture even a token one on season tickets while launching the new strip being modelled by at least 3 signings one of which would hopefully be wearing a goalie top ! and laying down a marker of intent is beyond me. Keep my money this year Hibs it might just be your last.

Smartie
02-07-2014, 05:56 PM
It's not actually about the price for me.

I've had a season ticket for 16 years and went to every game as a PATG for about 5 years before that.

I'm just sick of being taken for a mug.

If they had made a gesture of some kind of discount or refund and I got a feeling that more people were buying into it I'd renew.

Squeezing every last drop out of the hardcore fans has been one of the trademarks of the Petrie era and my patience with it has expired.

I've done the "put the money in first" thing for long enough and the other main trademark of the Petrie era has been that this money is invariably wasted on bargain bucket signings.

Christ, at least they could have waited until we had a goalkeeper at the club before announcing that we were to be paying the same (already hideously over-inflated) prices for Championship football.

If Hibs were to give the odd gesture here or there, or make an encouraging signing that would encourage more people to renew and increase the pot available to Stubbs then I would actually be prepared to buy multiple season tickets or pay a lot more for one. They need to give something back one day, but I won't be holding my breath for the whole time Petrie is there.

I'm annoyed because Hibs are going to be the losers here. Again. And it's self-inflicted.

And by the way, good on the 5400. Given what we were served up last year and have been subjected to for the prices we've paid, during difficult economic times I think that it's actually quite a respectable number. The club are lucky to have you and should really be more grateful.

hibby6270
02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Those of us who renewed early received a discount. The next bit isn't aimed at you if you've already renewed.

Some folk like to bitch and whine about any and everything Hibs do right now. If you can't or won't buy a ST, fine. Just please shut the **** up about it.

Listen up! We are all entitled to an opinion. So to Beefster and Marinello59 in particular (who I seem to have pi$$ed off big time?)......

1) I renewed my ST on the instalment plan within days of the offer being released - I always do.
2) I don't NEED a £50 refund or shop vouchers or whatever.
3) Having supported the club for over 50 years I've learned to keep my expectations of what the team can achieve quite low anyway. I see nothing so far to suggest next season will be any different. Yeah - a glass half empty way of looking at it - but let's face it, that's exactly how the team has been run for at least the past 7 years or so.
4) This whole ST issue, as some folks have suggested the whingers should do, is not going to make me shift over to support the wee team in West Edinburgh FFS.

All I've been trying to say, as have others, is bit of incentive to buy a ST if you haven't done so already would probably be beneficial in the long run.

Also a bit of appreciation and acknowledgement to the Early Bird ST purchasers would have been a great piece of PR from Hibs.

It's a bit like saying I've gone to the butchers to buy 19 fillet steaks (premier league games) in advance, only to be given 19 pounds of mince (championship games) when you go to pick them up and the butcher says what are you complaining about - it's still beef (football) isn't it?

Sorry Ms Dempster - no!! You've missed at trick here and any retraction now will show weakness.

Lucius Apuleius
02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
I paid my 380 quid long before we were relegated. That is what it was going tocost me to watchHibs at home next season. It is still the price I have to pay so don't think I have lost anything. Can understand some people's feelings but in my opinion I have no problem with it. PATG for most I guess.

Zondervan
02-07-2014, 06:06 PM
This thread is seriously depressing. Yes, we are all pissed off but what exactly is the answer?

If you can afford to buy your season ticket then just get on with it, rather than try and drag the club even further down.

If not, then keep any negative comments for the sake of negativity to yourselves.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 06:08 PM

Some folk like to bitch and whine about any and everything Hibs do right now.

So that's anyone that diagrees with the decision, no matter the reason, written off by you? Nice.

I gave a number of reasons why I thought this is both a wrong business decision and I also believe it has the potential to further alienate fans. I stick by that but I'm certainly not 'moaning' about it.

If you can't or won't buy a ST, fine. Just please shut the **** up about it.

:hmmm:

Maybe Hibs should put that as their slogan on the front page of their Website.

hibeedonald
02-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Terrible decision. 100% will not be getting a season ticket this year. After everything the fans went through last season they are ripping them off once again.

Beefster
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM
So that's anyone that diagrees with the decision, no matter the reason, written off by you?

Relegation was pish but it's happened. Time to man the **** up, deal with the situation, stop lashing out at the club at every single opportunity and move on. It now boils down to a few things IMHO.

There are those of us who see the club in the ****ter so have decided to continue to back them in an attempt to help them out of it. I feel pretty good about my decision.

There are those who can't afford a ST or can't attend. No problem with that. That's life though and not the club's fault.

There are those who have chosen not to support the club when they need it most. That's entirely their choice but do we really need to be reminded about their decision day after day after day?

P.S. This isn't aimed specifically at you but the general hysteria on here.

c31
02-07-2014, 06:23 PM
She's got it totally wrong, it was so easy to fix - one way was to offer everyone that bought a ST 3 free tickets to any home game to take a mate it's a wee bit back that basically costs Hibs nothing.

She started off well saying the right stuff but just another one who's first real fans engagement is to rip us off, stinks of Petrie's involvement.

Unless there are major signings this week we're stuffed and to be truthful what player would want to join a club that hasn't got a clue...

bandylegs_jLeighton
02-07-2014, 06:29 PM
The cold hard fact is that the club will need to spend money to get out of this league, money that primarily comes from ticket sales.

If they started offering partial refunds, or reduced prices, who is to say that they wouldn't end up with less money in the pot than they do now.

Coupled with the fact that the overwhelming feedback received by Dempster suggested that people were ok with prices remaining as they were - it was the obvious decision. Although one I'm sure she wouldn't want to have made.

Agree we need signings pronto though to build at least some optimism.

No doubt we will attract large walk up crowds this season as long as we get off to a good start.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Relegation was pish but it's happened. Time to man the **** up, deal with the situation, stop lashing out at the club at every single opportunity and move on. It now boils down to a few things IMHO.

There are those of us who see the club in the ****ter so have decided to continue to back them in an attempt to help them out of it. I feel pretty good about my decision.

There are those who can't afford a ST or can't attend. No problem with that. That's life though and not the club's fault.

There are those who have chosen not to support the club when they need it most. That's entirely their choice but do we really need to be reminded about their decision day after day after day?

P.S. This isn't aimed specifically at you but the general hysteria on here.

You see, you just illustrated my issue with your comment(s) by doing the same thing again. I realise some people do moan a lot but it is possible that a lot have genuine reservations.

You said there are lots of people that can't afford to attend. There could well be lots of people that could have been attracted to buying a Season Ticket if the price was lowered.

Anyway, I've decided to bow out of this thread, as I've tried reasoning with people but it seems most people's views are too entrenched and they don't want to listen. No more banging my had against a brick wall this evening, I'm off to watch TV.

Have Fun All :greengrin

Beefster
02-07-2014, 06:36 PM
You see, you just illustrated my issue with your comment(s) by doing the same thing again. I realise some people do moan a lot but it is possible that a lot have genuine reservations.

You said there are lots of people that can't afford to attend. There could well be lots of people that could have been attracted to buying a Season Ticket if the price was lowered.

Anyway, I've decided to bow out of this thread, as I've tried reasoning with people but it seems most people's views are too entrenched and they don't want to listen. No more banging my had against a brick wall this evening, I'm off to watch TV.

Have Fun All :greengrin

I know you probably won't respond but still...

If Audi reduced the price of an S4, I'd probably buy one. They won't though so I'll either need to pay the full amount or not have one. That's life.

The best way to get folk through the door is to have a decent team that's winning. The best way to do that is accept that they've sold about as many STs as they are going to, keep it to spend on the team and move on.

Jamesie
02-07-2014, 06:42 PM
The most disappointing thing for me is that Leanne has been in the door a month yet the issue of what shape any incentive or loyalty reward for existing season holders should take still seems to be up in the air. That should have been sorted out before now.

I reckon we'll be averaging crowds of 7000 - 9000 (on a good day) next season, excluding Hearts and Rangers games.

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Still think that the biggest stumbling block is not the same price it is the continued presence of KING ROD

Fair enough statement but people will view that over the last 10 years we have made the most money out of outgoing transfers (other than the two weegie teams) yet we still have to pay the most money

I agree with giving Stubbs as big a budget as we can

The best ways to increase ST Numbers will be for KING ROD to leave and get a decent team on the pitch winning games with a bit of style

Do us all a favour and ram your "KING ROD" pish where the sun doesn't shine. LD has made the decision and the statement but you keep coming out with the same crap like a scratched record. Your only making yourself look daft(er).

Jonnyboy
02-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Agree with this, apart from the spelling of her name :greengrin

In general terms I'd say it's pretty straight forward really. You have the choice to buy or not to buy. Nobody is forcing you to do something against your will. :wink:

Oh and for those conspiracy theorists who 'detect' the hand of RP in the statement, I say that if LD wasn't there and RP was still calling the shots, today's statement, if indeed any statement was actually made, would be about three lines in length, with no explanation as to reasoning etc and no word of helping supporters club buses with costs etc

My_Wife_Camille
02-07-2014, 06:51 PM
The number of people who seem to be more concerned about watching the opposition than Hibernian is absolutely staggering. Not real Hibs supporters IMO.

Top Pans Hibby
02-07-2014, 06:59 PM
This thread is seriously depressing. Yes, we are all pissed off but what exactly is the answer?

If you can afford to buy your season ticket then just get on with it, rather than try and drag the club even further down.

If not, then keep any negative comments for the sake of negativity to yourselves.

.......and Mr Petrie and Mr Farmer lived happily ever after. :rolleyes:

I'm_cabbaged
02-07-2014, 07:00 PM
The number of people who seem to be more concerned about watching the opposition than Hibernian is absolutely staggering. Not real Hibs supporters IMO.

Ha, meet me and say I'm not a real hibs fan. They can ram 405 though.

My_Wife_Camille
02-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Ha, meet me and say I'm not a real hibs fan. They can ram 405 though.

No thanks, I have no interest in meeting people who are not real Hibs fans

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 07:05 PM
No thanks, I have no interest in meeting people who are not real Hibs fans

Well done, next season you wont be meeting thousands.

Dalianwanda
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Wow this thread should be on the MB with some of the comments, have some respect for each others opinion..........or do one :wink:

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Wow this thread should be on the MB with some of the comments, have some respect for each others opinion..........or do one :wink:

It is on the mb

emerald green
02-07-2014, 07:21 PM

I agree with this, but clearly others don't. Bottom line IMHO is the club needs every penny it can get to help the new manager rebuild the playing squad and get the club promoted asap. I renewed my season ticket (and cup top-up) in March when relegation just didn't seem to be a possibility, but I would do the same again now.

LD is trying to be as open and honest as she can be with the supporters. When did the supporters ever get this level of engagement from anyone at HFC? Certainly not from Petrie.

Every Hibs supporter I know was devastated by what happened last season. However, supporters should support the club, if they can afford it, not turn their backs when the club needs them more than ever.

MSK
02-07-2014, 07:25 PM
No thanks, I have no interest in meeting people who are not real Hibs fansGive it a rest ..

WHUHibs
02-07-2014, 07:25 PM

Perhaps I don't get this but you telling people to shut the **** up about not renewing,, yet you want to tell everyone your an early bird? Not sure why you need to promote it and tell everyone?

I just want to promote I didn't and if I want to post it on hibs.net I will ,,,,

I'm_cabbaged
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Ok, delete my posts but folk can directly call others clowns? I just put a generic "dicks" slant 😊

.Sean.
02-07-2014, 07:39 PM
She's bang on.

If you've already shelled out for one and could afford to spend 400 quid on it, quit being stingy and asking for £50 back. Tighter than tight.

I'm dead against anything that is gonna hamper our chances of an immediate return to the top flight. Well behind Dempster with this one.

Gatecrasher
02-07-2014, 07:51 PM
She's bang on.

If you've already shelled out for one and could afford to spend 400 quid on it, quit being stingy and asking for £50 back. Tighter than tight.

I'm dead against anything that is gonna hamper our chances of an immediate return to the top flight. Well behind Dempster with this one.
It seems that a fair amount of people who have put their money where their mouth is are as well.

Gala Foxes
02-07-2014, 08:10 PM
I think Dempster has made the right decision - reality is the Club need every penny it can get more than ever just now.

Difficult decision for Dempster to make but she has shown she is prepared to make tough decisions and share her thought process / rationale behind it in an open & honest manner.

HibbyRod
02-07-2014, 08:16 PM
She's bang on.

Top post Sean!

Get your acts together ffs!

There is not much that LD can do .... let's support the Hibees ..... eh ... ffs!?

marinello59
02-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I think Dempster has made the right decision - reality is the Club need every penny it can get more than ever just now.

Difficult decision for Dempster to make but she has shown she is prepared to make tough decisions and share her thought process / rationale behind it in an open & honest manner.

We now have a strong leader willing to stand or fall by what they believe to be the right decision rather than the popular one. And that's exactly what our club needs to get us back to where we belong. The vocal minority will calm down if/when we start winning matches on a regular basis.

lucky
02-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Clearly going by this thread alone her 95% of fans being in favour of a price freeze is wrong. Clearly previous threads on social media sites have been scanned by LD and it's proved that it was not the majority she thought she had. Hibs need to lower the price not only to sell STs but walk ups. Very few are going to £23 walk up prices never neons £28 against the cheating twins.
If I had not already bought mind I doubt I would have paid this for 1st division (championship) football.
Everything changes at Hibs but everything stays the same

boab1875
02-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Can right off if they think I'm paying £405 to watch that absolute mince. Joke.

This

I'm sorry but the latest statement by LD is quite frankly insulting. They are begging fans again to invest to increase the playing budget despite taking no notice of numerous protests as regards Petrie's position or what happened last season. The end of last season was absolutely embarrassing from all concerned at the club and if they think that people will magicly feel the urge to suddenly rush back they are mistaken. I wasn't going to renew anyway and watch that pile of s**** but they are extremely delusional if they think they can encourage people back using a meaningless statement instead of reducing prices.

marinello59
02-07-2014, 08:27 PM
This

I'm sorry but the latest statement by LD is quite frankly insulting. They are begging fans again to invest to increase the playing budget despite taking no notice of numerous protests as regards Petrie's position or what happened last season. The end of last season was absolutely embarrassing from all concerned at the club and if they think that people will magicly feel the urge to suddenly rush back they are mistaken. I wasn't going to renew anyway and watch that pile of s**** but they are extremely delusional if they think they can encourage people back using a meaningless statement instead of reducing prices.

:rolleyes: I give up. There's decent debate and there's aggressive whinging like this.

PatHead
02-07-2014, 08:32 PM
For all the folk who say nothing else has been done to hold on tickets what about that part of the statement?

It follows though that the kind of loyalty I have witnessed should not go unrewarded. For that reason, I have asked that Working Together looks at how we can reward those buying Season Tickets to support the Club through this difficulty with greater added value, and when would be most appropriate for this.
I met with Working Together representatives, and a number of views were expressed. Some initially felt that a reduction in price was needed, but all understood the desire to give Alan the best possible chance to build a squad. All of those present were keen that I communicate honestly with supporters about the decision, the reason for it, and our desire to create added value as a reward.

There will be rewards- maybe spare tickets, tickets given to minorities, charities, etc - all of which were suggested on here. Basically watch this space....

Northern Hibby
02-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Stop it. You're worrying me (and I don't even know you!!).
Would you like me to call doctor or refer you to 111 for analysis LOL

Cheers I'll be fine the depression doesn't normally kick in till March/April :-(

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.......

FWIW IMO Hibs need to get out of the Championship ASAP....We need the player's to get us out the mire.....How do we pay for these player's if some don't want to renew?

If anyone who can afford to buy, but doesn't, they then should have no right to moan.....Some need to evaluate what being a supporter means....

Whatever happened to "We'll support you ever more"???

bigstu
02-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Overall I think this idea of keeping the season tickets at the price they are at is pointless as we are unlikely to sell anymore season tickets and the stadium is going to be mostly empty each week.

I don't really see the point of helping contribute to supporters buses when it seems clear that most are keen on the Club maximising the cash they can get from us, i'm sure if we can afford to pay a fortune for our season tickets then we can afford to pay £5 for a bus. I also don't get the idea of the club helping to pay for buses as I assume it'll be for away fixtures and the club make no money from the sale of away tickets. I travel down from Aberdeen for every game so I think my cost is far more than those who have to pay £5 to get from Edinburgh to Livingston, why should they have their travel subsidised & i don't?

I'm all for the new regime at the club but i'm not sure about any of this.

SaulGoodman
02-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Can't believe flog were that desperate for £50 back.

What were you going to do? Buy a nice new pair of trainers? Get some shopping?

Baldy Foghorn
02-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Overall I think this idea of keeping the season tickets at the price they are at is pointless as we are unlikely to sell anymore season tickets and the stadium is going to be mostly empty each week.

I don't really see the point of helping contribute to supporters buses when it seems clear that most are keen on the Club maximising the cash they can get from us, i'm sure if we can afford to pay a fortune for our season tickets then we can afford to pay £5 for a bus. I also don't get the idea of the club helping to pay for buses as I assume it'll be for away fixtures and the club make no money from the sale of away tickets. I travel down from Aberdeen for every game so I think my cost is far more than those who have to pay £5 to get from Edinburgh to Livingston, why should they have their travel subsidised & i don't?

You make some fair points bigstu.....Again though, damned if they do, damned if they don't

Dalianwanda
02-07-2014, 09:01 PM
It is on the mb

:flamed::greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.......

FWIW IMO Hibs need to get out of the Championship ASAP....We need the player's to get us out the mire.....How do we pay for these player's if some don't want to renew?

If anyone who can afford to buy, but doesn't, they then should have no right to moan.....Some need to evaluate what being a supporter means....

Whatever happened to "We'll support you ever more"???

Petrie and Farmer took the piss one too many times for me, and nobody will stop me moaning at them pair. They are the reason we are in this ****in mess, yet once again its the same mantra.

Give us your money, Bob Geldof was not as hard faced as this club, and at least you could see what good he done with the money.

Why don't they ask Farmer for some of his money, and if the answer is no, just what did he save this club for nearly 25 years ago?

marinello59
02-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Petrie and Farmer took the piss one too many times for me, and nobody will stop me moaning at them pair. They are the reason we are in this ****in mess, yet once again its the same mantra.

Give us your money, Bob Geldof was not as hard faced as this club, and at least you could see what good he done with the money.

Why don't they ask Farmer for some of his money, and if the answer is no, just what did he save this club for nearly 25 years ago?

I thought I had detected a wee bit of discontent from you towards them. Call it intuition. . :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 09:16 PM
I thought I had detected a wee bit of discontent from you towards them. Call it intuition. . :greengrin

When, where? :wink:

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 09:19 PM

I'd be very surprised if STF hasn't already shelled out. Without a good cup run to bail us out, I reckon the accounts for last season/year will make pretty nasty reading and, given that the club has no overdraft facility, the cash shortfall will have to have come from somewhere.

PatHead
02-07-2014, 09:19 PM

Might encourage some more away supporters who might lift the team when they need it getting us extra points?

eastterrace
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
This

well if you were not going to renew then all this doesnt mean anything to you. so you pay at the gate if you fancy going to watch that pile of sh*** as you say.

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 09:21 PM
I'd be very surprised if STF hasn't already shelled out. Without a good cup run to bail us out, I reckon the accounts for last season/year will make pretty nasty reading and, given that the club has no overdraft facility, the cash shortfall will have to have come from somewhere.

I have no idea if he did bail us out when we were up to our neck in sheite, here's a novel idea for him, put your hand in your pocket and do it before we are toiling, give the team the kick start it needs.

Ross89
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM

The bit in bold - very fair challenge :top marks

Stonewall
02-07-2014, 09:24 PM
This

No. She's telling it like it is.

It's now your decision.

Personally I have no decision to make after 15 season as an ST holder as I'm now working Saturdays. If I had money to burn I would renew though.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Can't believe flog were that desperate for £50 back.

What were you going to do? Buy a nice new pair of trainers? Get some shopping?

I was going to use my £50 in scorpio sauna

SouthamptonHibs
02-07-2014, 09:46 PM
Best notice that's been on the Hibs official site I've ever seen. Open and honest some great arguments for keeping the prices the same and how they are bench marking v our two main rivals on paper.
Now for the action as on grass our main rivals are Alloa and Dumbarton with the current team we have.
We need to get signing some players ASAP. Stay away from bottom half of div one, all of div two England and the conference they are crap leagues.
Get some quality signed in and maybe more fans might renew.
Break the bank and get the fans excited.
Nothing at the club has been exciting in years.

Only way to get fans to renew is get them excited to do that = quality signings.
If we hear Mansfield town or Grimsby players signing then we'll not sell to many more ST's.

Ozyhibby
02-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Best notice that's been on the Hibs official site I've ever seen. Open and honest some great arguments for keeping the prices the same and how they are bench marking v our two main rivals on paper.
Now for the action as on grass our main rivals are Alloa and Dumbarton with the current team we have.
We need to get signing some players ASAP. Stay away from bottom half of div one, all of div two England and the conference they are crap leagues.
Get some quality signed in and maybe more fans might renew.
Break the bank and get the fans excited.
Nothing at the club has been exciting in years.

Only way to get fans to renew is get them excited to do that = quality signings.
If we hear Mansfield town or Grimsby players signing then we'll not sell to many more ST's.

100%

It's time for Hibs to get serious or the fans will walk away for good.

Both sets of fans arguing on this thread are correct.
The club are taking the p*** and we do need every penny in to fund a better team.
What we really need are ambitious signings and Petrie gone.

Ross89
02-07-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm sure that LD will know that if/when we start making signings (decent ones) sales of ST's will go up.

A keeper would be a good start to be fair !!!!! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Here we are as a club asking top dollar for a very inferior product. And lets not forget just how down to the bare bones we actually are?

This club is on its arse, and 3 weeks before we start the season we have not signed one player, and released is it 16?

Every year we get the same argument, wait until the window closes before making any assumption on what kind of team we will have.

Well all fine and dandy when you are in the SPFL, all fine and dandy when you have the core of a team that needs 3 or 4 quality players to push it on.

With the club and team on its arse, to ask this kind of money AGAIN is an absolute farce in my opinion, and is no way going to tempt many back.

A missed chance Hibs, but to be honest it was expected.

sauzee1966
02-07-2014, 10:19 PM
when we went down last time we did not reduce the prices.....will only help the team thats for sure. No issues for me to pay the same....Im there to watch hibs entertain not the other team!:flag:

ackeygraham
02-07-2014, 10:19 PM

Can't agree more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALF TUPPER
02-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Did I read this correctly. Hibs are going to offer the interest free monthly instalment deal again ?

Or or has tiredness got to me ? :cb

Beefster
02-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Perhaps I don't get this but you telling people to shut the **** up about not renewing,, yet you want to tell everyone your an early bird? Not sure why you need to promote it and tell everyone?

I just want to promote I didn't and if I want to post it on hibs.net I will ,,,,

No offence, RH, but I find it a touch ironic to be lectured by your good self on self-promotion.

Although, I'm hardly 'promoting' my ST renewal. Sometimes it's good to remind folk that five and a half thousand Hibees are sticking with the club when the chips are down though. It counters, in a very small way, the folk who repeatedly tell us they won't bother.

PatHead
02-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Did I read this correctly. Hibs are going to offer the interest free monthly instalment deal again ?

Or or has tiredness got to me ? :cb

Correct - from Monday

NAE NOOKIE
02-07-2014, 10:48 PM

boab1875
02-07-2014, 11:11 PM
No. She's telling it like it is.

It's now your decision.

Personally I have no decision to make after 15 season as an ST holder as I'm now working Saturdays. If I had money to burn I would renew though.

it's just words that is all. You have obviously been duped along with others on this thread who have forgotten the past 10 or so seasons where decline is all we have experienced. absolutely no actions have been taken to rectify the situation at Hibs. Petrie is still there, Farmer couldn't care less and no signings have been made. I'm sorry but not reducing the prices in the present situation is laughable. The club cannot expect anyone to pay those prices again. completely undeserved and I don't think people who are not renewing for these reasons deserve to be criticised and labelled as "not real fans" etc. Those who have done so should be ashamed of yourselves. I personally cannot understand your position of following these idiots blindly.

sauzee1966
02-07-2014, 11:24 PM
I follow my club......the club I love and to me it makes no difference who we are playing I will go to see them. The word ' Supporter' is the important point. We have a lot to thank farmer for....stadium etc but maybe the club needs a new direction....just be careful what you wish for as many a club have discovered too late that what they ahd was better than what they got. we only have to look down the road to see what happens.

it's just words that is all. You have obviously been duped along with others on this thread who have forgotten the past 10 or so seasons where decline is all we have experienced. absolutely no actions have been taken to rectify the situation at Hibs. Petrie is still there, Farmer couldn't care less and no signings have been made. I'm sorry but not reducing the prices in the present situation is laughable. The club cannot expect anyone to pay those prices again. completely undeserved and I don't think people who are not renewing for these reasons deserve to be criticised and labelled as "not real fans" etc. Those who have done so should be ashamed of yourselves. I personally cannot understand your position of following these idiots blindly.

WestCoastHibby
02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
So the way I see it. Hibs fans have been buying season tickets for years expecting steak but finding mince was served up on their plates.
The unfortunates who have already purchased expected Waitrose but are going to have to wheel their trolley round Happy shopper instead.
Those fans who bought before relegation should get a discount next season (should be a refund now,but no joy)
I'm looking forward to some away days to watch my football. I'm always having kittens at E R especially when the crowd get on the teams backs.
L.D is just showing who's boss; it's her ball now. She'll have moved the desks round, changed the wall charts and no doubt they may change again.
As long as the system succeeds eh ??

Cameron1875
03-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Would it have been possible for LD to charge the £405 for the people who had already renewed but then charge £370/£375 for folk who were thinking of getting a Season ticket?

The problem with that is the possible clamour for people to get money back and raging at new ST holders.

Also legal issues would maybe prevent that being possible but i'm not sure?
Spoke to a few who have paid £405 before relegation was confirmed and they said they'd accept prices as of now being reduced but wouldn't demand a refund.

Would that have been the case for the majority? Suppose we'll never know.

Hibeewilly
03-07-2014, 01:56 AM
I follow my club......the club I love and to me it makes no difference who we are playing I will go to see them. The word ' Supporter' is the important point. We have a lot to thank farmer for....stadium etc but maybe the club needs a new direction....just be careful what you wish for as many a club have discovered too late that what they ahd was better than what they got. we only have to look down the road to see what happens.
Well said Sauzee I agree 100%

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Does anyone know how many we have sold to date?

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 04:46 AM

I love it when people use the Hearts example as a fear tool against people that want to out Farmer.

And yet, here we are, in more or less the same position they are. :rolleyes:

marinello59
03-07-2014, 05:04 AM

To summarise anybody that doesn't agree with you has been duped. I would like to join in and condemn not only the 5500 idiots who have already blindly backed Petrie and Farmer but also anybody thinking of paying money to help get us back in to the top division. Mugs the lot of you, you are killing our club.
Better?

Barney McGrew
03-07-2014, 05:43 AM
I personally cannot understand your position of following these idiots blindly.

So anyone that's renewed is 'following these idiots blindly'? How's the weather up there on your high horse?

Flanny boy
03-07-2014, 05:57 AM
So anyone that's renewed is 'following these idiots blindly'? How's the weather up there on your high horse?
A wee bit nippy by sounds of things :greengrin

scoopyboy
03-07-2014, 05:58 AM

You are quite entitled to moan Blackpool me old son, you have put a lot of time, effort and not to mention money on Hibs.

However moaning will not get us out of the mess we are in unfortunately (or we would be in the Champions League by now) and the biggest thing that will help us is money.

I think the correct call has been made by somebody who doesn't deserve to be in this mess. She is here to do a job not just be pally with the fans.

ALF TUPPER
03-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by What a Mess

Or or has tiredness got to me ?

Correct - from Monday

:aok: Thanks PH.

steviehibsleith
03-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Ok so we keep the same prices as last season and come November with poor attendances the rallying cry comes out for walk up fans to back the team £22 please to watch QOS ! Sorry we have to charge this as our season tickets were high. We have just killed the vast majority of walk up fans especially as if you watched the away tie you would be paying less, £15 average almost 33percent cheaper for away games.

Tyler Durden
03-07-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Keekaboo's earlier posts - slightly disappointed that LD seems to have made the call based on a session with a group who had predominantly already renewed anyway (plus some emails as she states). Seems clear the club realise most people who would renew have done so already so why consider refunds.

Few problems for me. Even for SPL the 405 is overpriced IMO but unfortunately it was too late for Dempster to change that. The club has in recent years suggested its Season Ticket or bust - there doesn't appear to be any appreciation of walk ups or thought for how those funds feed into the budget. Presumably because we make no effort to forecast/understand what the walk up numbers or non ST numbers will be.

The point LD doesn't talk about is the impact of this pricing on walk ups. It would have been more valuable to poll renewers on whether they'd accept cheaper walk up tickets to try and drive up attendances, with some sort of sweetener for them as thanks for their loyalty. If we are now tied to a pricing structure for walk ups to reflect ST prices it can only negatively impact walk ups IMO.

Finally it's still early days for Dempster but again disappointing that we don't consider packages of 6/8/10 games at a time. Communications still come across that you're either a ST holder or you're not contributing at all.

ALF TUPPER
03-07-2014, 06:20 AM
So, I'll be buying my season ticket on Monday then. The monthly budget deal suits me fine.

If if that makes me fool/idiot in the eyes of some ? That's fine. Think of me whatever you want. Frankly, I don't give a ****.

I'll back my team/club whatever way I want. Okay, it's more than I would want to pay but if it helps get us out of this league and helps Alan Stubbs put a decent new team on the pitch it's money well spent IMO.

Finally Leeann, ...... (If you read this) that was an open, honest club statement. Refreshing change.

GGTTH.

Charnley 4
03-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by What a Mess

Or or has tiredness got to me ?

:aok: Thanks PH.

It is only for previous season holders or hospitality though. New customers do not get the finance option. I am gutted at this as I would fit into this category.

WHUHibs
03-07-2014, 06:55 AM
No offence, RH, but I find it a touch ironic to be lectured by your good self on self-promotion.

Although, I'm hardly 'promoting' my ST renewal. Sometimes it's good to remind folk that five and a half thousand Hibees are sticking with the club when the chips are down though. It counters, in a very small way, the folk who repeatedly tell us they won't bother.

No offence taken... I for one are happy for posters to express opinions but don't feel the need to police them. If it's abusive Admin can deal with it.

A message board is a great way to vent feelings, debate, find out information etc and long may that continue!

WHUHibs
03-07-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Keekaboo's earlier posts - slightly disappointed that LD seems to have made the call based on a session with a group who had predominantly already renewed anyway (plus some emails as she states). Seems clear the club realise most people who would renew have done so already so why consider refunds.

Few problems for me. Even for SPL the 405 is overpriced IMO but unfortunately it was too late for Dempster to change that. The club has in recent years suggested its Season Ticket or bust - there doesn't appear to be any appreciation of walk ups or thought for how those funds feed into the budget. Presumably because we make no effort to forecast/understand what the walk up numbers or non ST numbers will be.

The point LD doesn't talk about is the impact of this pricing on walk ups. It would have been more valuable to poll renewers on whether they'd accept cheaper walk up tickets to try and drive up attendances, with some sort of sweetener for them as thanks for their loyalty. If we are now tied to a pricing structure for walk ups to reflect ST prices it can only negatively impact walk ups IMO.

Finally it's still early days for Dempster but again disappointing that we don't consider packages of 6/8/10 games at a time. Communications still come across that you're either a ST holder or you're not contributing at all.

Let me tell you why I'm disappointed with the statement!

David Forsyth I'm sure is behind the communication the part where she mentions cost of other clubs. Nothing left the club previously without his approval unless that has now changed!

The part of this that infuriates me is the talk about additional benefits to season tickets!

Approx 2 years ago myself and another 5 good Hibbies spent a lot of time putting a document together to create a membership scheme similar to some English clubs. This was headed by a non exec and ourselves and was seen as a good idea to be quickly developed into 2014/2015 season. Guess what despite the buy in it didn't happen and was a 12 month rolling membership and moved away from season ticket renewal. If that had taken off with all the benefits then we would not be in this type of position.

So to see a discussion about added value looks like a knee jerk reaction on justifying the current position on how to hold value!

greenlex
03-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Ok so we keep the same prices as last season and come November with poor attendances the rallying cry comes out for walk up fans to back the team £22 please to watch QOS ! Sorry we have to charge this as our season tickets were high. We have just killed the vast majority of walk up fans especially as if you watched the away tie you would be paying less, £15 average almost 33percent cheaper for away games.
Except when the club were encouraging folk to attend latterly last season in an attempt to drag the team over the line the prices were actually reduced. I don't remember one St holder who had effectively paid more complain. Your point has no value.

greenlex
03-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Let me tell you why I'm disappointed with the statement!

David Forsyth I'm sure is behind the communication the part where she mentions cost of other clubs. Nothing left the club previously without his approval unless that has now changed!

The part of this that infuriates me is the talk about additional benefits to season tickets!

Approx 2 years ago myself and another 5 good Hibbies spent a lot of time putting a document together to create a membership scheme similar to some English clubs. This was headed by a non exec and ourselves and was seen as a good idea to be quickly developed into 2014/2015 season. Guess what despite the buy in it didn't happen and was a 12 month rolling membership and moved away from season ticket renewal. If that had taken off with all the benefits then we would not be in this type of position.

So to see a discussion about added value looks like a knee jerk reaction on justifying the current position on how to hold value!
This sounds a wee bit like sour grapes RH. I don't think A 12 month rolling membership would really make that much of a difference would it? We would still get the moaners complaining about the price of it to watch effectively reduced fare. The drifters would drift away from it in the bad times and back in the good times. The monthly option to buy your season ticket surely is in effect the similar?

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 07:19 AM
You are quite entitled to moan Blackpool me old son, you have put a lot of time, effort and not to mention money on Hibs.

However moaning will not get us out of the mess we are in unfortunately (or we would be in the Champions League by now) and the biggest thing that will help us is money.

I think the correct call has been made by somebody who doesn't deserve to be in this mess. She is here to do a job not just be pally with the fans.

We will just have to disagree Scoops, WE ARE IN THIS MESS, and the very people who put us there are still at the club, and the new CEO is there now taking the flack for their incompetence.

Someone further us is giving it the old one about be careful what you wish for, well i don't remember wishing for this. I understand about folk being fed up with moaning, but just because i travelled a bit to watch us play, does not make my moan any better than someone who lives on Albion Road who's stopped going.

As i said, the reason we are where we are is because of Petrie and STS's leadership, and now they seem to be getting away with it again by putting someone else up for the flack.

Yes the biggest thing that will help us is money, but no matter how anyone dresses it up, thats going to be hugely down this season, and just when we need it the most.

I don't blame any supporter/fan for this, we have been the one constant in all this dross we have watched over the seasons.

This club is a shambles, and the team an even worse one. Hopefully Dempster can turn it round, but we all know she will to have to do it without a big chunk of the kind of money Petrie had, while he sits in the background now giving of a very nasty smell.

Unless Stubbs is a magician, i can see us being where we are for at least 2 seasons maybe even more. We need a new owner sharpish in my opinion, one who actually cares enough to run the club properly and actually lead it from the front.

Fans have had enough, and the figures shown by Dempster confirm this. These prices were paid by those who will go if we are in the 3rd division, but very few others will.

Time for Farmer to put up or leave.

lucky
03-07-2014, 07:27 AM
The cost is too high, but I think she is going on her Motherwell experience of having a small core support and building it. The key to this will be how successful we are on the pitch. Under her stewardship Motherwell STs grew from just over 3k to around 5k. If they can qualify for Europe 6/7 seasons in a row I'm assuming her logic is that we can compete in the championship.
Walk up fans always feel like they are being treated like second class Hibees. This is wrong, but the club are focusing on their core support. Last season most games there was around 1500 walk ups( except the big games) so you can't focus pricing on occasional fans. The club will have set a budget based on STs sold and will supplement it with the small amount of walk ups.
A 12 month year on year membership is the way to go as it reduces the costs for supporters to around £31 a month.

Overall I still think football is to expensive the only plus side this season we might actually see a lot of 3pm Saturday Kick offs

WHUHibs
03-07-2014, 07:43 AM
This sounds a wee bit like sour grapes RH. I don't think A 12 month rolling membership would really make that much of a difference would it? We would still get the moaners complaining about the price of it to watch effectively reduced fare. The drifters would drift away from it in the bad times and back in the good times. The monthly option to buy your season ticket surely is in effect the similar?

Well if you spent many meetings and a lot of personal time with a group of like minded hibbies I think we should be a tad disappointed..after all it was initiated by the club and we developed the idea. A lot of time was put into a proposal and it was different from a 12 month payment plan. The additional benefits were things that money couldn't buy, plus many other innovative ideas.

The reasoning behind the plan was to have a smart card membership scheme which entitled you to a seat in the stadium as part of the package. This would prevent a churn rate based on who we signed in a summer period and the English clubs we talked to and looked at showed a better retention of supporters by using such a scheme regardless of results.

Sour grapes no,,disappointed yes!

Lucius Apuleius
03-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Duped, idiots. Absolutely no need for so called Hibs supporters to be calling people names because they have decided to pay the money asked. Their choice not to and that has to be respected. I might have missed it but I don't see anyone who has bought one being this vindictive.

As I said earlier I bought mine knowing how much it was going to cost me to support Hibs next season. Such is life that we have been relegated. Not happy but will get on with it as it was my choice to buy it. Nobody coerced me. TBGWA did not come and kick down my door in their camouflage suits.

One other thing though, and I guess this will upset some. When the zombies were kicked out of the league and newco came in, their fans rallied round with round about 40,000 season ticket holders if we believe the numbers. Last season they also rallied round. This season they ain't obviously due to the infighting. When the yams were caught cheating and docked their 15 points, their fans answered their club's plea to put money in. They responded positively. We have not. I know it is different circumstances and I know people will say that at least these two won trophies etc whilst we have been fleeced and won nowt. The club is trying to change, in my opinion we need to help them with this change. LD has come in to change things, lets help one more time.
Everyone has a breaking point. Some have passed that point, others have not. First season with no Tache running things in my opinion deserves a wee bit help. ( I do know that some will never believe he is not running things and he will continue to be pilloried).

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2014, 07:44 AM
The cost is too high, but I think she is going on her Motherwell experience of having a small core support and building it. The key to this will be how successful we are on the pitch. Under her stewardship Motherwell STs grew from just over 3k to around 5k. If they can qualify for Europe 6/7 seasons in a row I'm assuming her logic is that we can compete in the championship.
Walk up fans always feel like they are being treated like second class Hibees. This is wrong, but the club are focusing on their core support. Last season most games there was around 1500 walk ups( except the big games) so you can't focus pricing on occasional fans. The club will have set a budget based on STs sold and will supplement it with the small amount of walk ups.
A 12 month year on year membership is the way to go as it reduces the costs for supporters to around £31 a month.

Overall I still think football is to expensive the only plus side this season we might actually see a lot of 3pm Saturday Kick offs

That is the normal walk up average, it might change this season because of the amount of non renewals of season tickets, but at £23 a pop for Hibs v Alloa and the likes i'm not so sure?

greenpaper55
03-07-2014, 07:45 AM
We will just have to disagree Scoops, WE ARE IN THIS MESS, and the very people who put us there are still at the club, and the new CEO is there now taking the flack for their incompetence.

Someone further us is giving it the old one about be careful what you wish for, well i don't remember wishing for this. I understand about folk being fed up with moaning, but just because i travelled a bit to watch us play, does not make my moan any better than someone who lives on Albion Road who's stopped going.

As i said, the reason we are where we are is because of Petrie and STS's leadership, and now they seem to be getting away with it again by putting someone else up for the flack.

Yes the biggest thing that will help us is money, but no matter how anyone dresses it up, thats going to be hugely down this season, and just when we need it the most.

I don't blame any supporter/fan for this, we have been the one constant in all this dross we have watched over the seasons.

This club is a shambles, and the team an even worse one. Hopefully Dempster can turn it round, but we all know she will to have to do it without a big chunk of the kind of money Petrie had, while he sits in the background now giving of a very nasty smell.

Unless Stubbs is a magician, i can see us being where we are for at least 2 seasons maybe even more. We need a new owner sharpish in my opinion, one who actually cares enough to run the club properly and actually lead it from the front.

Fans have had enough, and the figures shown by Dempster confirm this. These prices were paid by those who will go if we are in the 3rd division, but very few others will.

Time for Farmer to put up or leave.

:top marksI was wondering who made the decision to keep prices the same and it seems it was LD and i quote from yesterdays statement " I have decided that the best course of action is to leave prices as they are" so it would seem that Rod has been taken out of the equation or she is lying through her teeth. The decision to keep prices the same looks like we are going for broke to regain SPL status in one go, this trick of keeping prices high is a one off as fans will reluctantly swallow it for one season but that will be it, new signing better match the fans expectations.

Heedersnvolleys
03-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Leanne talks about £50 I think that has only came from folk who purchased the cup top up! I have to admit that would be reasonable, at it would not be the full 5400 she talks about!