PDA

View Full Version : Expect more loan signings

Diclonius
02-07-2014, 09:50 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/stubbs-eyes-everton-loans-to-boost-hibs-1-3463427

Forza Fred
02-07-2014, 09:56 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/stubbs-eyes-everton-loans-to-boost-hibs-1-3463427

Cannae get the link to work on my Ipad:confused:

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
Cannae get the link to work on my Ipad:confused:

HIBERNIAN manager Alan Stubbs has revealed he could raid former club Everton in a bid to take the Goodison Park side’s top young talent on loan.

Stubbs, who coached the Toffees’ Under-21 side, is set to bring fellow ex-Blues coach Andy Holden to Hibs as his assistant and is hopeful of maintaining ties with Everton in order to benefit Hibs.

He told the Liverpool Echo that he was hopeful of taking some of his former charges to Easter Road to further their development.

He added: “Roberto [Martinez, Everton boss] knows exactly how I want to play.

“He knows the way I’ve worked with the players and knows that if he allows the players to come here, which I’m hoping he will do if we decide to do that, the development of the players will improve because of what we do and how I want to do it and the standards that I set.”

CRAZYHIBBY
02-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Might have some good players there that can help get us out the championship...... Sadly though I reckon time is against us whilst rangers and hearts both have established teams ready and raring to go we have nothing....2 years in the championship is best we can hope for. ... if we do it first time then it's a bonus

Paloschi
02-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Not surprised and can only see benefits in this in the short term. These players will have worked with Stubbs before an be eager to prove themselves in the professional game.

Heard good things about Hallum Hope. I'm sure there is a few others that would be decent enough.

We really need to keep pressing on with player recruitment. Hopefully 2 or 3 signings this week.

Nutmegged
02-07-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm not too disappointed with thist9 be honest, while we haven't had the greatest of success with loan signings with two obvious exceptions I think this would be slightly different from the random moves we've made in the loan market under previous bosses.

Stubbs would be going after players he has a great deal of knowledge of, both as footballers and as young men, he'll more than likely know exactly what he'll be getting, Martinez having trsuted Stubbs to look after his youth at Goodison would more than likely be happy to farm some players out to that same man he might be otherwise against.

Everton have a great youth set up, if we can exploit it and the players we can get are of a better standard than we could ccurrently attract/afford on a full time basis then I've got no problem with it at all - Long term we have to look at building a squad but theres no harm in the short term signing up q couple of quality loan players to help the team along, particularly when the managers knowledge of these players will no doubt be vast

Hibs7
02-07-2014, 10:07 AM
If these guys are used to get us back to the SPFL at the first go then who cares if they are loan players. We can always build permanent signings slowly whilst using very good loan players . Something which has not been done correctly before.

Bobby's Cinema
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Don't have a problem with this. As long as we are not relying solely on them.

It seriously worries me that we are not going to get the player turnover on the IN side anyway that we were hoping for :rolleyes:.

Still we wait.

Keith_M

Read that earlier. He didn't actually say he'd definitely do it though.

"He knows the way I’ve worked with the players and knows that if he allows the players to come here, which I’m hoping he will do if we decide to do that"

Gordy M
Might have some good players there that can help get us out the championship...... Sadly though I reckon time is against us whilst rangers and hearts both have established teams ready and raring to go we have nothing....2 years in the championship is best we can hope for. ... if we do it first time then it's a bonus
Yeh but we dont have to win the championship to get promoted, hamilton didnt? We have to finish top 4, and that gives stubbs this transfer window and january to get a team in place. Yeh we might be 'behind' them at the moment but next may is a long time away. Im not panicking just yet.

Peevemor
02-07-2014, 10:10 AM
The good thing is that if any of them are good, we'll be ale to sign them for £150k each. :agree:

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 10:10 AM
The good thing is that if any of them are good, we'll be ale to sign them for £150k each. :agree:

But only in January.

BarneyK
02-07-2014, 10:14 AM
The most positive aspect of this is that Martinez would want them to gain experience by playing the game the right way. I find that heartening in itself.

J-C
02-07-2014, 10:55 AM
We have little money and will struggle to get the 10-12 players we needs so a few loans from Everton would be fine, as has been said he knows these lads and Martinez knows they will be played in the right way, which I found heartening.

bingo70
02-07-2014, 11:43 AM
My preference is permanent signings but I don't really care, I just want to see good players again.

Suppose with the amount of players needed and the time constraints we're working to some loan deals are inevitable.

calder45a
02-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Anyone have an idea on the rules for the number of u21 players allowed on loan?

spike220
02-07-2014, 11:57 AM

Is that you Rod?

Jones28
02-07-2014, 11:57 AM
The difference being is that these are top young players from EPL side, not players from league 1 who couldn't get a game.

allezsauzee
02-07-2014, 12:03 PM
The most positive aspect of this is that Martinez would want them to gain experience by playing the game the right way. I find that heartening in itself.

This is what I found most positive about the story. It indicates that we'll be trying to play some good passing football under Stubbs. Hopefully we can get a few lads in that are not quite ready for the premiership and just need a season or so experience at a lower level.

calder45a
02-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Is that you Rod?
Leeann said two.:dunno:

Turkish Green
02-07-2014, 02:45 PM

The new SPFL Rules are not clear. I believe it was changed in January to 2 loan signings per club. But I could be totally wrong.

brian6-2
02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Would take Chris Long and George Green in a heartbeat.

2 cracking young players with huge futures ahead of them.

Persevere80
02-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Im just echoing what most people are saying. I'm happy with us picking up a couple of loan deals from Everton. Would be good for both clubs. Stubbs mentioned a goal keeper and right back being his priority so would like to think we would get they positions tied up this week.