PDA

View Full Version : Zaliukas

Winston Ingram
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Had his contract terminated by Leeds. Wonder what the chances are of him ending up back at the thieves?

Sylar
01-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Had his contract terminated by Leeds. Wonder what the chances are of him ending up back at the thieves?

Weren't their big cousin thieves sniffing around him?

Auckland Hibs
01-07-2014, 04:41 PM

I'd say highly likely, did Harry Potter sign him when he was manager?

Would have to take a serious wage drop but I don't imagine he wouldn't need the money - could be a decent signing IMO.

If DU sell the young lad to Sporting Lisbon then they could go back in for Wilson freeing up a wage for a new CH?

Winston Ingram
01-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Weren't their big cousin thieves sniffing around him?

They were last summer

Smartie
01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
He's good for an og in a derby so I'd welcome his return.

Winston Ingram
01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
I'd say highly likely, did Harry Potter sign him when he was manager?

Would have to take a serious wage drop but I don't imagine he wouldn't need the money - could be a decent signing IMO.

If DU sell the young lad to Sporting Lisbon then they could go back in for Wilson freeing up a wage for a new CH?

No. It was one of the Lith gimps I believe. Specks left before Romanov arrived

Pretty Boy
01-07-2014, 05:01 PM
If this is another player we were never interested in that we miss out on I swear I'll do time.

The_Horde
01-07-2014, 05:13 PM
He's *****. Seen him play for leeds in a game they got demolished by 5 or 6 and he was at fault for pretty much every goal.

Commentator was ripping him.

Huddy. They're welcome to him!

Hermit Crab
01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
;4082120']He's *****. Seen him play for leeds in a game they got demolished by 5 or 6 and he was at fault for pretty much every goal.

:agree: Away to Sheffield wed? At fault for at least 2 goals and was he not sent off as well after giving away a penalty?

nribs
01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
;4082120']He's *****. Seen him play for leeds in a game they got demolished by 5 or 6 and he was at fault for pretty much every goal.

Pretty sure that was against Sheffield Wednesday

.Sean.
01-07-2014, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't go back if we signed a Jambo in the ilk of Zaliukas. As odious as Skacel. I'd struggle to accept anyone that played in that game, including Jamie MacDonald.

Thankfully it's a total non-starter.

Hermit Crab
01-07-2014, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't go back if we signed a Jambo in the ilk of Zaliukas. As odious as Skacel. I'd struggle to accept anyone that played in that game, including Jamie MacDonald.

Why? He's not a jambo and has never bad mouthed us iirc?

.Sean.
01-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Principle. I'm being fickle as **** but I don't want us signing anyone with Hearts associations, especially one that played in that final. How many other teams would sign a cast-off from their biggest rivals who played in an absolute humiliation? It's embarrassing and the more I've thought about it the more I've really went off the prospect of signing him.

Sir David Gray
01-07-2014, 06:37 PM

I don't want Zaliukas but no-one is as bad as that fanny Skacel.

Not a single one.

nribs
01-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Principle. I'm being fickle as **** but I don't want us signing anyone with Hearts associations, especially one that played in that final. How many other teams would sign a cast-off from their biggest rivals who played in an absolute humiliation? It's embarrassing and the more I've thought about it the more I've really went off the prospect of signing him.I'd take a decent goalkeeper which MacDonald is. Couldn't care who he played for.

Hermit Crab
01-07-2014, 06:53 PM
I'd take a decent goalkeeper which MacDonald is. Couldn't care who he played for.

:agree: 100%

One Day
01-07-2014, 07:01 PM
I'd take a decent goalkeeper which MacDonald is. Couldn't care who he played for.

I'd take him right now, never seen him have a bad game against us

emerald green
01-07-2014, 07:24 PM
I do not want "Zal" anywhere near ER. Total bomb scare. Imagine him and Nelson together at centre back? :no way:

Nutmegged
01-07-2014, 07:32 PM

He absolutely is a Jambo, he might not have been born one in the traditional sense but he definitely left a dyed in the wool one, bit like Boozy with us IMO

hibees 7062
01-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I do not want "Zal" anywhere near ER. Total bomb scare. Imagine him and Nelson together at centre back? :no way:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dracula.gif (http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dracula.gif)

emerald green
01-07-2014, 07:43 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dracula.gif (http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dracula.gif)

Brilliant mate! :faf:

edwards
01-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Jeezo what a fickle lot, we have just watched one of the worst fitba teams in Hibs history last season desperate to improve it. Zaliukas was the main player at the heart of the Hertz defence great player would take him in a minute and Mcdonald these two players were one of the main reasons they done so well.
Zaliukas and a decent right back defence sorted [ would he come to hibs CHANCES ]

emerald green
01-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Jeezo what a fickle lot, we have just watched one of the worst fitba teams in Hibs history last season desperate to improve it. Zaliukas was the main player at the heart of the Hertz defence great player would take him in a minute and Mcdonald these two players were one of the main reasons they done so well.
Zaliukas and a decent right back defence sorted [ would he come to hibs CHANCES ]

Opinions eh? I'm sorry but calling Zaliukas a "great player" is just nonsense IMHO. For example, Pat Stanton was a great player, Jimmy Johnstone was a great player, George Best was a great player. He cannot be classified in the same bracket as the great players. A very ordinary player, and a bomb scare into the bargain.

I'm not one for dredging up stats, but how many times did Zal get sent off, give away daft penalties etc during his spell at the PBS?

Albion Hibs
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Can't see see him going anywhere near them, he was there for one reason only and that was a massively over inflated wage. They will not get within a tenth of what he was on before so can't see why he would touch them.

edwards
01-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Opinions eh? I'm sorry but calling Zaliukas a "great player" is just nonsense IMHO. For example, Pat Stanton was a great player, Jimmy Johnstone was a great player, George Best was a great player. He cannot be classified in the same bracket as the great players. A very ordinary player, and a bomb scare into the bargain.

I'm not one for dredging up stats, but how many times did Zal get sent off, give away daft penalties etc during his spell at the PBS?

[Pat Stanton was a great player, Jimmy Johnstone was a great player, George Best was a great player.]

I wouldn't dare class him in the same league as the three players mentioned but still think he could sort out a major problem in the centre of our defence.

ScottB
01-07-2014, 08:06 PM
He doesn't fit with the Budge ethos. They didn't chuck a few quid at Skatchel to appease the masses, so they won't for Zal either.

Paisley Hibby
01-07-2014, 09:26 PM
If this is another player we were never interested in that we miss out on I swear I'll do time.

:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
01-07-2014, 09:28 PM

I also recall this game.
He was found out BIG time!

Brightside
01-07-2014, 09:32 PM

He's an awful footballer. If we sign him it would be worse than McGivern.

we are hibs
01-07-2014, 10:52 PM
He's a ********. Just like Skacel.

hibbysam
01-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Principle. I'm being fickle as **** but I don't want us signing anyone with Hearts associations, especially one that played in that final. How many other teams would sign a cast-off from their biggest rivals who played in an absolute humiliation? It's embarrassing and the more I've thought about it the more I've really went off the prospect of signing him.

Absolutely bang on the money Sean! Billy brown was meant to be a great coup for us... That bawbag threw his 'jamboness' back in our face with his comments and after that I hope no one that has any connection to that filth wears green again! If I was to pull a maroon top on against hibs I couldn't force myself to want to win... I don't see how that would be any different to any of them!

Ozyhibby
02-07-2014, 01:57 AM
We definitely don't need this useless get. I don't care who he played for and would be happy enough to sign McDonald but Zaliukis has been mince in England and was never great at Hearts.

timewilltell
02-07-2014, 02:07 AM
In talks with The Rangers..

NOLA
02-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Fk him, hertz ****

allezsauzee
02-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Hertz: Hey big zal, we hear you don't have a club and know how much you love the Jambos, fancy coming back for another stint?
Zaliukas:Sure, 20 grand a week wages ok?
Hertz: aww but zal , I thought you loved the club and our fans, we can pay you 2 grand a week tops now that we are facing financial reality
Zaliukas: Beat it ya bawbags

greenpaper55
02-07-2014, 08:27 AM
Zal the octopus, without his arms he would be even worse than he is, he used to wrestle Big Jones at every corner.

Elephant Stone
02-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Great player.

sbell1875
02-07-2014, 09:27 PM
The Rangers are not signing / being linked with players who fill me with any fear.

Kenny Miller is 35, Boyd is lazy and Big Zal is honkin' Add to that Fat SAlly is a terrible, terrible manager I really don't think we should fear them at all.