PDA

View Full Version : overseas supporters - 2014-15 HibsTV

hongkonghibee
01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
I have heard that Hibs TV are planning an improved service of live video streaming of all our home matches for the 2014/15 season.

http://hibs-world.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=244

The Green Goblin
01-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Great news. Fingers crossed we can also see huns/yams away games too. (Your link only works if you are logged in to hibs world btw - can you copy and paste the details?)

hibbybrian
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Great news. Fingers crossed we can also see huns/yams away games too. (Your link only works if you are logged in to hibs world btw - can you copy and paste the details?)

2014-15 HibsTVXtra

Good news is it seems we are going to have an improved HibsTV service for overseas supporters in spite of relegation. Andrew Sleight of Hibs TV replied to my email with the following:

"Good to hear from you and hope you’re well. A new website is currently being developed and tested which will incorporate live streaming and the online TV channel all under the same banner – scheduled to go live for the start of the new season.
So as you can imagine it has been a busy summer and an unusually hectic June with all of the changes that have already taken place at the club.
Will keep the overseas community updated as much as possible and I firmly believe the new product on offer will be a marked improvement on anything we’ve done before, so that will help you to feel closer to the club."

It will be good to have all the Hibs TV services under the same banner on the official site - should be less confusing I hope.

"I will post on here the live streaming matches when I get news of them."

:aok:

California-Hibs
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
This is great news. I eggerly await a new and improved service as certain games were almost impossible to watch with all the glitching etc.

The Green Goblin
01-07-2014, 04:02 PM
This is great news. I eggerly await a new and improved service as certain games were almost impossible to watch with all the glitching etc.

I never really had any probs tbh CH. There was one game where it was poor in the first half, but they changed streams for the 2nd half. Other than that?

pacorosssco
01-07-2014, 05:19 PM
I have heard that Hibs TV are planning an improved service of live video streaming of all our home matches for the 2014/15 season.

http://hibs-world.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=244
If it works no hassles yes been painful horrible experience so far

OsloHibs
01-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Brilliant news :aok: I've been wondering what is happening this coming season.. I'm so lucky that I've never had a problem viewing the games online and find the service great.

Swedish hibee
01-07-2014, 07:25 PM
I also never have any problems, and enjoy the service very much. This is great to hear the service will continue for us overseas Hibs fans :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
01-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Were they scrambled? :wink:

The Green Goblin
02-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Brilliant news :aok: I've been wondering what is happening this coming season.. I'm so lucky that I've never had a problem viewing the games online and find the service great.

Me too.

California-Hibs
02-07-2014, 04:21 AM
I never really had any probs tbh CH. There was one game where it was poor in the first half, but they changed streams for the 2nd half. Other than that?

I mean don't get me wrong, it was only a few games, the majority were fine, and I like others am VERY grateful we have this service.

Some of them though were very fuzzy and the camera man sometimes doesn't quite get the zoom right. I know these people are just fans providing a service, so I guess I can't be too harsh.

What I really really wish we had though is replays!! I remember watching us away to Celtic via the Celtic stream that I stumbled across and they actually had a few cameras aswel as replays. I realize that this no doubt will cost more, but it would be great to aim for that in the future.

Good to hear that we will have a continued service for the new season though, was wondering about this :aok:

Septimus
02-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Cost ? and when ?

hongkonghibee
02-07-2014, 05:37 AM
Cost ? and when ?

"scheduled to go live for the start of the new season"
Not long to go, and with all the other changes going on at the Club , I fear it will be announced at the last minute.

The Green Goblin
02-07-2014, 04:46 PM
"scheduled to go live for the start of the new season"
Not long to go, and with all the other changes going on at the Club , I fear it will be announced at the last minute.

Any chance that a ST for HTV might be included and earn points in the long term loyalty scheme LD is starting to look into? Can that question be passed onto the club by anyone here?

Swedish hibee
02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
What I would love is just an extra 5-10 mins at the end just to talk about the game. It just goes off and your like.. that's it??? And no-one around you cares, so there's no-one to speak to and you then have to log on here and read 100 different views.
Anyone else feel like this :confused:

hongkonghibee
03-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Any chance that a ST for HTV might be included and earn points in the long term loyalty scheme LD is starting to look into? Can that question be passed onto the club by anyone here?

What I would love is just an extra 5-10 mins at the end just to talk about the game. It just goes off and your like.. that's it??? And no-one around you cares, so there's no-one to speak to and you then have to log on here and read 100 different views.

I have already emailed Andrew Sleight of HibsTV with these suggestions.

mikewynne
03-07-2014, 03:57 AM

Yes, 100%!!

California-Hibs
03-07-2014, 05:53 AM

Yep, I completely agree!

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2014, 07:45 PM
This is good news :)

Billy Whizz
03-07-2014, 07:46 PM
This is good news :)

Please say it again
Good news good news good news

CalgaryHibs
03-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Please say it again
Good news good news good news
-----
Awrite mate you forced me
Good news goooood news and even more good news!!! ;)

Billy Whizz
03-07-2014, 07:53 PM
-----
Awrite mate you forced me
Good news goooood news and even more good news!!! ;)

Thanks and well done. Its nice to read good news on here about Hibs from posters!
Hope they look after you for the coming season, I'm sure it will be a good one

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 07:54 PM

That is a fabulous idea. Going back to when I was involved I can't think of any reason why this could not happen. Hope you're successful in your request :aok:

The Green Goblin
03-07-2014, 08:22 PM
I have already emailed Andrew Sleight of HibsTV with these suggestions.

Thanks for that!

OsloHibs
03-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Is there anyway of getting away games at Tynecastle or Ibrox this season and not just radio broadcast? I'd happily pay extra.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Is there anyway of getting away games at Tynecastle or Ibrox this season and not just radio broadcast? I'd happily pay extra.

Facilities at Tynecastle are not great (surprise, surprise) but Ibrox should be able to host our guys

OsloHibs
03-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Facilities at Tynecastle are not great (surprise, surprise) but Ibrox should be able to host our guys

Is there anything at that ground that is great? How it still gets a safety certificate is beyond me..sigh. Thanks for the reply :aok:

Jonnyboy
03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Is there anything at that ground that is great? How it still gets a safety certificate is beyond me..sigh. Thanks for the reply :aok:

Well, let me think ....... er.............. mmmmmmmmmm ........... uh ............ no :greengrin