PDA

View Full Version : New Directors

greenginger
01-07-2014, 08:03 AM
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcprodorder?ft=1

George Craig and Leeann Dempster both been appointed Directors of the Football Club.

Greenworld
01-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Link timed out I think...sounds a logical move

puff the dragon
01-07-2014, 11:57 AM
a board of Petrie yes men

marinello59
01-07-2014, 12:01 PM

Boring .

puff the dragon
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Boring .

seems the support have stopped caring, rememebr that when Petrie is back in charge and we're still a mediocre outfit in 3 years time.

Yet again we are sleep walking into oblivion believing the spin of a failure.

marinello59
01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
seems the support have stopped caring, rememebr that when Petrie is back in charge and we're still a mediocre outfit in 3 years time.

Yet again we are sleep walking into oblivion believing the spin of a failure.

Give it a rest FFS. Some of us actually like supporting Hibs and are looking forward to the new season.

Aldo
01-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Change the record will you!

Some folk are always looking to put the boot I .

Give it a bloody rest.

You know what to do if your no happy!!

puff the dragon
01-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Give it a rest FFS. Some of us actually like supporting Hibs and are looking forward to the new season.

I like supporting Hibs too - but the fall has to stop now.

With the attitude change in the support to letting Petrie get on with it he is winning.

Keep your head in the sand tho -I won't.

FranckSuzy
01-07-2014, 12:33 PM

I know she's got short hair but come on....:wink: After speaking to LD, I will stick my neck on the line and say there is no way she's just RP's 'Yes' person.

puff the dragon
01-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Apologies all for caring about the Hibs.

It seems now the Hibs.net line has changed and we're all behind Petrie again.

Seeing as the rest of the support have given up, so will I.

hibs0666
01-07-2014, 12:39 PM

Do you think you have the monopoly on caring about Hibs?

hibs4thecup1988
01-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Who exactly has said they are behind petrie? Would you post a link showing that?

Personally I am happy with the progress being made at the moment and that does not include Petrie as far as I am concerned.

puff the dragon
01-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Fact is Petrie is still the puppet master.

Whether that is actually the case or now I (and many others) won't believe anything coming out of Eater Road until he is completely removed.

The united support we had last month is dropping off as people start to fall for Petrie's spin.

Gerard
01-07-2014, 12:46 PM
I hope they can play football as they team needs new players.

Aldo
01-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Apologies all for caring about the Hibs. It seems now the Hibs.net line has changed and we're all behind Petrie again. Seeing as the rest of the support have given up, so will I.

Where do you get that from.

FWIW it looks like your either looking for a wee bit of attention or are on a fishing trip!!

Just saying like as your comments are alluding towards this.

Mind you that's your opinion of what you think.

O and my head is defo not in the sand.

Pretty Boy
01-07-2014, 12:55 PM

Hibs.net has no 'line'.

And please don't start with all the'it's because I care' rubbish. Every single Hibs supporter on this board cares about Hibs.

Bad Martini
01-07-2014, 12:57 PM
I had become completely switched off. I am not renewing 3 x season tickets this season either and was (and still am, to a point) more pissed off than being relegated under Duff Jimmy. It was worse this time...

I equally considered until Petrie was totally gone, we'd be ****ed. I watched both parts of Stott's interview with Dempster. Consider; her position in business as a female doesnt come as easily as it does to men. Not sexist point of view, in fact the opposite; the truth is women DO have to (rightly or wrongly) work harder to gain positions of power in business. From listening to her for the first interview (which compelled me to listen to the second) she believes she is in charge and from her tone, I think she is.

Would she really throw all the work she had done and any respect she had gained for one job and one puppetmaster to ruin the lot? I dont think so. She didnt pull any punches, she didnt piss around and she didnt paint any rose gardens. She seemed to be telling the truth.

She's either a very good liar or firmly believes she does have the autonomy to do the job. I am liking what she said and the fact lots of folk wouldnt have expected Stubbs. At least SOME thought went into it. Had she read the board, she'd have appointed McCall as nobody would have moaned about that...just like Butcher. Look where that got us? Is Stubbs the man? **** knows. I've nothng against him and we'll find out soon enough so lets hope he is. I have no reason to think he cant do a job...we'll see.

Petrie is a distraction and I'd rather he wasnt at our club at all. I Dont like him. When in hospitality and he cracked a joke at our table, we carried on talking. Ignorant? Yep. Much like he was on a number of occassions Ive noted. So, I have no time for Petrie. I think he's only still here so he can get his SFA job....couldnt actually give a ****. As long as no stupid decisions are made by HIM and indeed, NO decisions are made by him that the manager and Dempster dont agree with, I dont care where he goes.

Onwards and upwards...or else just moan like **** forever more?

GGTTH.

ENDOF

marinello59
01-07-2014, 01:14 PM

What line does Hibs.net have? Personally I want Petrie out but I won't be painting all the news at all that comes out of Easter Road as anti-Petrie. Some news can be positive you know.
Since when did looking forward to seeing your team play equal not caring and giving up?

GreenLake
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I know she's got short hair but come on....:wink: After speaking to LD, I will stick my neck on the line and say there is no way she's just RP's 'Yes' person.

I like your new avatar which looks like a tattoo. I'll not ask any questions about it though. :greengrin

southsider
01-07-2014, 01:20 PM
FFS more directors ! We need more directors taking money out our club like i need a hole in my heid. Every new director means less players. Its our first game on Saturday and we are down to the bare bones player wise with NO goalkeepers. Lets get back to the Tom Hart days when business men PAID to be directors.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2014, 01:28 PM
FFS more directors ! We need more directors taking money out our club like i need a hole in my heid. Every new director means less players. Its our first game on Saturday and we are down to the bare bones player wise with NO goalkeepers. Lets get back to the Tom Hart days when business men PAID to be directors.

:rolleyes:

You do know that these two were being paid already, yeah?

southsider
01-07-2014, 01:39 PM
:rolleyes:

You do know that these two were being paid already, yeah?
I did know thank you. It still does not get away from the fact that we will soon need Arthur's Round Table in the boardroom to sit all those people whilst we have no new players in at present and a playing staff of 14.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2014, 01:40 PM
I did know thank you. It still does not get away from the fact that we will soon need Arthur's Round Table in the boardroom to sit all those people whilst we have no new players in at present and a playing staff of 14.

But it's not costing us any more money, which is what you were suggesting.

southsider
01-07-2014, 01:48 PM
But it's not costing us any more money, which is what you were suggesting.
Who is to say that they shall not be given some sort of Directors Dividend (like ibrox) were we to come back up.

Lucius Apuleius
01-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I fekn despair at times I really do.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Who is to say that they shall not be given some sort of Directors Dividend (like ibrox) were we to come back up.

If they get a bonus (Hibs don't pay dividends), they will get it for doing their jobs...not for being on the Board.

Keith_M
01-07-2014, 02:02 PM

I don't actually see the link between those two being appointed to the Board and having more Petrie yes (wo)men. I'd really appreciate it if you could explain the logic behind your thinking.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
01-07-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't actually see the link between those two being appointed to the Board and having more Petrie yes (wo)men. I'd really appreciate it if you could explain the logic behind your thinking.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

It's just because he cares so much more than the rest of us :rolleyes:

greenpaper55
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM
How does the voting work as directors ?, does it mean a straight majority will carry the day or does one have a veto that could scupper any vote ie Rod !.

jacomo
01-07-2014, 03:22 PM

You're in a hole. Why not stop digging?

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2014, 03:43 PM
How does the voting work as directors ?, does it mean a straight majority will carry the day or does one have a veto that could scupper any vote ie Rod !.

The voting procedures will be in the company's own internal rules, the Memorandum & Articles of Association. (these will be on the club's file on the Companies House website, if anyone fancies having a look). On most things, it will be a straight majority, but perhaps on some things there might be a % requirement.

AFAIK, no one has a veto. That would be very unusual.

Just to noise some up, though.... a tied vote will allow Rod a casting vote. :greengrin

--------
01-07-2014, 03:50 PM

"Yes men" implies that neither Dempster nor Craig are capable of thinking for herself/himself, but will just do what Petrie tells her/him to do regardless of the greater good of the club.

In suggesting this I would say you're doing them both a grave injustice.

I want change at the top. I want Rod Petrie gone, but until I have it clear and unequivocal that Leeann Dempster's just doing what he teels her to do, or that George Craig's his glove puppet, I'm going to try to support the new CEO for the long-term good of the club.

Show me a man (or woman) habitually prone to knee-jerk reactions, and I'll show YOU a JERK.

--------
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I fekn despair at times I really do.

Yup. Like a freakin freak-show sometimes.

Mair knee-jerkin goin on here than on Riverdance.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Haha you made a funny.

Turkish Green
01-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Whether that is actually the case or now I (and many others) won't believe anything coming out of Eater Road until he is completely removed.

The united support we had last month is dropping off as people start to fall for Petrie's spin.
Fact is you are blowing out off your ass.

I am no PETRIE backer but it has already been stated that he is now a NON-executive chairman plus appointing two new board members weakens whatever hold (if any) that RP had over the previous board members.

I see this as a move in the right direction.

FranckSuzy
01-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I like your new avatar which looks like a tattoo. I'll not ask any questions about it though. :greengrin

:blushie: Thanks! Saltire2K designed it for Leith Links...but as a jpeg, not a tattoo :agree: :greengrin

Greenworld
01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Are you serious its just a title happens in lots of business

Jack
01-07-2014, 07:31 PM
The voting procedures will be in the company's own internal rules, the Memorandum & Articles of Association. (these will be on the club's file on the Companies House website, if anyone fancies having a look). On most things, it will be a straight majority, but perhaps on some things there might be a % requirement.

AFAIK, no one has a veto. That would be very unusual.

Just to noise some up, though.... a tied vote will allow Rod a casting vote. :greengrin

Brian Houston stated at the first Working Together meeting with LD that there is no power of veto on the Hibs board. Having said that he also said STF could sack the entire board if that was his wish. Which I suppose is a power of something!

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Brian Houston stated at the first Working Together meeting with LD that there is no power of veto on the Hibs board. Having said that he also said STF could sack the entire board if that was his wish. Which I suppose is a power of something!

It's just the power of his shares.:agree:

Turkish Green
01-07-2014, 08:01 PM

I am no PETRIE backer but it has already been stated that he is now a NON-executive chairman plus appointing two new board members weakens whatever hold (if any) that RP had over the previous board members.

Turkish Green
01-07-2014, 08:11 PM

tamig
01-07-2014, 10:05 PM

I was at the rally last month. But what's this Petrie spin that people are falling for? Haven't heard anything from RP since LD arrived tbh.
Maybe you should channel some energy into supporting the team.

--------
01-07-2014, 11:41 PM

I TOLD you there was an echo in here ... :greengrin