PDA

View Full Version : Henrik Ojamaa

Torto7062
01-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Hibs are weighing up a move for former Motherwell striker Henrik Ojamaa, who left Fir Park to join Legia Warsaw in June 2013. (Sun)

frazeHFC
01-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Great quick player, hope this is true.

Paloschi
01-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Would be signing of the Championship so far IMO :agree:

If we could get him that is. Pacy, direct and skillful!

SaulGoodman
01-07-2014, 07:34 AM
Underwhelmed.

timewilltell
01-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Underwhelmed.

We're in the Championship....!

SaulGoodman
01-07-2014, 07:40 AM
We're in the Championship....!

Wait, what?! Are we?! I left the Hamilton game after 85 minutes.. Didn't we win? :greengrin

O'Rourke3
01-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Hopefully not just the agent alerting all the other clubs.LD would have negotiated his deal last time too. Very positive if true.

coco22
01-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Pleased if this is the type of player we are sniffing about. Hope it is true

timewilltell
01-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Underwhelmed.

Seems you're the only one.....!

Good signing if true IM0

BigKev
01-07-2014, 07:55 AM
This (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=362344) is the report on Vital Hibs. Can't access the Sun online.

Says he cost Legia £300,000 last year so surely we'd be expected to pay a fee for him?

lucky
01-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Would be signing of the Championship so far IMO :agree:

If we could get him that is. Pacy, direct and skillful!

I doubt many on here would agree, if you had the choice of him , Boyd or Kenny Miller you would be only one wanting him

DC_Hibs
01-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Pacy wideman?

Certainly not as a striker as other than a brief flurry at motherwell his goalscoring record is shocking.

Not exactly the skillful no.10 type either to set things up for others.

Aritch
01-07-2014, 08:05 AM
According to wikipedia he played 32 times last season for a Legia Warsaw team that won the Polish league.

Is he really going to move to a Scottish Championship team?

I'd be mightily surprised.

erin go bragh
01-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Yes please . Pacy tricky creative wide player .whats not to like , apart from some shocking hair cuts . Lol

Ggtth

CapitalGreen
01-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Not exactly the skillful no.10 type either to set things up for others.

Ojamaa was the top assist maker in season 2012–13 with 16 assists which was four more than the second best Aaron Doran of Inverness CT. [WIKI]

Stewboy
01-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Can he play in goals? :greengrin

calumhibee1
01-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Would be a great signing.

Jones28
01-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Very unrealistic, but would be an absolute cous if we could pull it off.

greenpaper55
01-07-2014, 08:26 AM
What's the chances ?, would be a great signing.

Hermit Crab
01-07-2014, 08:29 AM
What's the chances ?, would be a great signing.

I would think not likely. Step down IMO. A team the won the league, European football to a scottish first division club

Speedway
01-07-2014, 08:33 AM
I would think not likely. Step down IMO. A team the won the league, European football to a scottish first division club

I think the boy 'Stubbsy' will be suffering a lot from 'let's see who else you sign first' syndrome in his efforts to capture quality players.

hfc_aidan
01-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Is that a Polish word?

He's not polish.

Hermit Crab
01-07-2014, 08:44 AM
He's not polish.

Correct. He's Estonian.

Keith_M
01-07-2014, 08:50 AM
He's not polish.

Correct. He's Estonian.

He plays in Poland

:na na:

MyJo
01-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Yes please

heretoday
01-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Wait, what?! Are we?! I left the Hamilton game after 85 minutes.. Didn't we win? :greengrin

Lucky you!!!

scoopyboy
01-07-2014, 09:13 AM
He plays in Poland

So if we sign him does he become Scottish?

Would be a great signing IMO.

Heisenberg
01-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Would be a very good signing. Can't see it coming off though.

Keith_M
01-07-2014, 09:16 AM
So if we sign him does he become Scottish?

Would be a great signing IMO.

Who suggested he was Polish because he played in Poland?

This site gets stranger every day.

Nutmegged
01-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I'd be very surprised, with Henri Anier leaving Motherwell and since he was Ojamaa's direct replacement, you'd think if he was going to go anywhere in Scotland it would likely be back to Fir Park, more so with them being a far better team and playing in Europe.

I wasn't his biggest fan while he was in the SPL, must be said but he is a very hard worker and does offer you a lot of pace, I'd consider him a poor mans Kenny Miller, I'd be happy with this type of signing to be honest but realistically he wouldn't solve our goalscoring problems

we are hibs
01-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Would be a great signing. Very quick across the ground and from what I can remember he was a very good finisher.

Diclonius
01-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Don't see it happening.

scoopyboy
01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Who suggested he was Polish because he played in Poland?

This site gets stranger every day.

You, but you removed the post.

Howzat for an answer.:greengrin

Franck Stanton
01-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Don't see it happening.

Unfortunately neither do I.

MyJo
01-07-2014, 11:42 AM
I'd be very surprised, with Henri Anier leaving Motherwell and since he was Ojamaa's direct replacement, you'd think if he was going to go anywhere in Scotland it would likely be back to Fir Park, more so with them being a far better team and playing in Europe.

I wasn't his biggest fan while he was in the SPL, must be said but he is a very hard worker and does offer you a lot of pace, I'd consider him a poor mans Kenny Miller, I'd be happy with this type of signing to be honest but realistically he wouldn't solve our goalscoring problems

Money talks and they maybe cant afford him back given they are pleading with fans to get more money into the club and despite motherwell being a better team (just now) and in europe, realistically they are probably going to get papped out after just a couple of games and the championship will probably be more interesting to be involved in than the premiership next season anyway.

Onceinawhile
01-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Would be massively surprised to see this happen.

Delighted though.

Keith_M
01-07-2014, 11:55 AM
You, but you removed the post.

Howzat for an answer.:greengrin

Naw, Ah didnae.

Nutmegged
01-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Money talks and they maybe cant afford him back given they are pleading with fans to get more money into the club and despite motherwell being a better team (just now) and in europe, realistically they are probably going to get papped out after just a couple of games and the championship will probably be more interesting to be involved in than the premiership next season anyway.

Lets not go down the whole Sevco BS route please, any player worth his salt wants to play at the highest level possible, the only fans who will think the Championship will be more interesting next season will be the fans of clubs involved in that competition, far better chance of winning something with a club like Motherwell next Season than a club like Hibs or Hearts or even Rangers

Money may very well be a factor but having released McFadden as well as bringing in £300k form Anier and his wage I'd believe they could do a deal with him if he wanted to come back to Scotland

scoopyboy
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Naw, Ah didnae.

Who removed your post?

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2014, 12:44 PM
It appears Petrie has stopped signing players now and handed that honor over the Dempster. :wink:

BVB Hibs
01-07-2014, 01:46 PM
32 appearances and 8 assists for last years Polish champions. 2 years left on his contract and Transfermarkt give him a market value of about 750,000. He'd be crazy to come to hibs.

We have to be realistic and realise that players like this are simply a class above what Hibs are going to get in this division. Young players with potential and a good track record aren't realistic with our budget, and aren't likely to want to join us. I'd be surprised to see Ojamaa back in Scotland at any point really.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Not gonna happen.

TheFamous1875
01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
32 appearances and 8 assists for last years Polish champions. 2 years left on his contract and Transfermarkt give him a market value of about 750,000. He'd be crazy to come to hibs.

We have to be realistic and realise that players like this are simply a class above what Hibs are going to get in this division. Young players with potential and a good track record aren't realistic with our budget, and aren't likely to want to join us. I'd be surprised to see Ojamaa back in Scotland at any point really.

It's not completely unfeasible that Ojamaa would jump at the chance to join Hibs. We're a big club with a great stadium and we're in Britain. He's played at Easter Road before and probably seen the atmosphere of the derbies and may want to play in the big match occasions that we'll be having this season.

Their could be other reasons; his relationship with Leeann Dempster, his private and social life he's left behind in Scotland, the Scottish game, the lifestyle,etc. It could be all matter of things that could make moving to Hibs a viable option.

Dempster has said that the budget we have for players is a good one but that it hasn't be used correctly. She's stated that there's been an issue of quantity over quality and that the resources we have could've been spent more wisely.

If this is the case, then we should see players of a much higher quality at Easter Road. Players who will be on better wages than those who've came before them and will merit that. Ojamaa would fit this category, as would McFadden.

It's not as unfeasible as it seems. There are ways and means that could work in any clubs favour. We just have to give the players the right reasons to be here over other places, and Motherwell under Dempster's tenure consistently seemed to achieve that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BVB Hibs
01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
So you're going to tell me he'll jump ship from a club with the potential of playing in the champions league next season, because we're in Britain? Warsaw are more successful, will be able to offer more money, have a ground that's considerably better than ours and has an average attendance that we've managed to get into Easter Road once since it's renovation. We'd have to blow a large amount of our budget simply to buy him, never mind talking about a contract, which is probably in and around 4-6k at the moment in Poland.

Anyway, what player in their right mind would give up being a starter in a successful team, playing in Europe every season earning good money, to play for a side in the Scottish championship, earning at most half what he had been? And that at a stage in his career where he's 23 and still capable of moving on to bigger teams and bigger contracts in the future? Maybe he did like Scotland, but there's much bigger addresses in Europe that are a possibility for the lad, and there's no chance he'll be looking at hibs to advance his career.

Bronson
01-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Maybe he's not part of the plans at Warsaw anymore? People talk about his 32 appearances but Collins will have made more for us last season and was one year into a 3 year deal after we paid a fee to sign him much the same as Ojamaa but was allowed to leave on a free. Not saying it's going to happen, but we don't know the circumstances.

FWIW, he would be signing of the season if we pulled it off.

TheFamous1875
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
So you're going to tell me he'll jump ship from a club with the potential of playing in the champions league next season, because we're in Britain? Warsaw are more successful, will be able to offer more money, have a ground that's considerably better than ours and has an average attendance that we've managed to get into Easter Road once since it's renovation. We'd have to blow a large amount of our budget simply to buy him, never mind talking about a contract, which is probably in and around 4-6k at the moment in Poland.

Anyway, what player in their right mind would give up being a starter in a successful team, playing in Europe every season earning good money, to play for a side in the Scottish championship, earning at most half what he had been? And that at a stage in his career where he's 23 and still capable of moving on to bigger teams and bigger contracts in the future? Maybe he did like Scotland, but there's much bigger addresses in Europe that are a possibility for the lad, and there's no chance he'll be looking at hibs to advance his career.

I'm basically saying that there's a chance he might be crazy. You never know. It would be a backwards step in most peoples eyes, but maybe not his for his own reasons. I'm not disputing that he'd have to have some strong reason to downsize and come here, but if he did, it could be any matter of the things I had mentioned. You never know!

What I'd like to know is what has transpired for him to be rumoured to be coming here and back to Scotland? Does anyone know anything about him since he left? Maybe he has got someone up the duff or something!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

neil7908
01-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Be delighted if true. Don't see it happening though. If we can pull it off I'd be a real statement of intent

The Leith Dutch
01-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I'd be happy with this type of signing to be honest but realistically he wouldn't solve our goalscoring problems

I can't say I remember much of him for some reason but while I agree that his scoring record doesn't look to be what we need his assist record (at least as quoted by someone here) looks to be just what we need.

I reckon our problems creating good chances last season were probably more significant than our problems actually scoring.

Golden Bear
01-07-2014, 04:59 PM
I can't say I remember much of him for some reason but while I agree that his scoring record doesn't look to be what we need his assist record (at least as quoted by someone here) looks to be just what we need.

I reckon our problems creating good chances last season were probably more significant than our problems actually scoring.

:agree:

Totally agree with that. However it contradicts the thoughts of our two previous Manager who repeatedly insisted that the team were creating plenty of chances to win games.

Nutmegged
01-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Maybe he's not part of the plans at Warsaw anymore? People talk about his 32 appearances but Collins will have made more for us last season and was one year into a 3 year deal after we paid a fee to sign him much the same as Ojamaa but was allowed to leave on a free. Not saying it's going to happen, but we don't know the circumstances.

FWIW, he would be signing of the season if we pulled it off.

Signing of the Season? C'mon, even for .net double standards this is taking the piss.

this is the guy who scored about 4 goals for Motherwell in 2012-13 from 47 appearances, he scored 2 goals last year too for Legia, he featured in 41 of there 51 games, this guy is a wee bit of a work horse but thats all he is, he isn't an assist machine either, he'll work a defence and run channels but if you think this guy is the answer or will solve our attacking problems then I think you'll be in for a shock.

He scored the grand total of 6 goals from 88 games in 2 years, in those two years he has been given plenty of game time by the second best club in the League in one Season and the beat club in the league in the other Season.

James Collins has been getting absolutely slaughtered for his goal return as a Hibs striker, Ojamaa makes him look prolific, we can always say well Ojamaa isn't an out and out striker, that maybe true but if this guy who does play up front and cant score goals for teams at the top of the league I don't know how he'll be expected to score goals at Easter Road, even if he isn't the #9 striker our support striker still needs to chip in with 12+ goals over the course of a Season.

He's a grafter with pace but his touch isn't great, his goal rate is awful, signing of the Season? Absolutely not Brons

Bronson
01-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Signing of the Season? C'mon, even for .net double standards this is taking the piss.

this is the guy who scored about 4 goals for Motherwell in 2012-13 from 47 appearances, he scored 2 goals last year too for Legia, he featured in 41 of there 51 games, this guy is a wee bit of a work horse but thats all he is, he isn't an assist machine either, he'll work a defence and run channels but if you think this guy is the answer or will solve our attacking problems then I think you'll be in for a shock.

He scored the grand total of 6 goals from 88 games in 2 years, in those two years he has been given plenty of game time by the second best club in the League in one Season and the beat club in the league in the other Season.

James Collins has been getting absolutely slaughtered for his goal return as a Hibs striker, Ojamaa makes him look prolific, we can always say well Ojamaa isn't an out and out striker, that maybe true but if this guy who does play up front and cant score goals for teams at the top of the league I don't know how he'll be expected to score goals at Easter Road, even if he isn't the #9 striker our support striker still needs to chip in with 12+ goals over the course of a Season.

He's a grafter with pace but his touch isn't great, his goal rate is awful, signing of the Season? Absolutely not Brons

He's more of a winger than a striker I'm sure? Can't judge a winger on his goal stats alone. Always thought he was a cracking player at Motherwell, remember a specific game v Celtic where they won 3-1 a couple seasons ago and he was by far and away the best player on the park, tore the weegies a new one.

Out of all the signings made so far in Scotland he'd be the best if we pulled it off IMO. Only 23 so still has bags of potential as well.

Hibeesmad
01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
He's currently unhappy at the team he's at and wants out according to Polish media.

There have been offers from a team in Israel to take him on loan and also a permanent move to Randers FC and according to Polish media, Hibs have also expressed interest.

This would obviously be a Dempster signing if we pulled it off

CmoantheHibs
01-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Can he play in goals? :greengrin

He will just need to take his turn in like everyone else.:na na:

Nutmegged
01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
He's more of a winger than a striker I'm sure? Can't judge a winger on his goal stats alone. Always thought he was a cracking player at Motherwell, remember a specific game v Celtic where they won 3-1 a couple seasons ago and he was by far and away the best player on the park, tore the weegies a new one.

Out of all the signings made so far in Scotland he'd be the best if we pulled it off IMO. Only 23 so still has bags of potential as well.

He's not a winger mate, he is a striker, Motherwell played with Humphries on thr right and Daly/McFadden on the left with Ojamaa doing the running for Higdon, always has been a striker, he isn't the traditional #9, remember he was compared at Motherwell to Dougie Arnott, definitely a striker

As for signings, I think anyone will be kidding themselves if they think we'll sign anyone better than Kenny Miller or Kris Boyd, they'll hit 40 League goals between them next season, that'll be the difference, the only signing I'd have been confident that could have been just as valuable would have been Lyle Taylor due to his previous with Falkirk in this League and then Thistle in the second half of last season, he is the one player who we could have attracted you'd confidently be able to say before a ball was kicked "He's a contender for signing of the Summer"

Bronson
01-07-2014, 07:51 PM
He's not a winger mate, he is a striker, Motherwell played with Humphries on thr right and Daly/McFadden on the left with Ojamaa doing the running for Higdon, always has been a striker, he isn't the traditional #9, remember he was compared at Motherwell to Dougie Arnott, definitely a striker

As for signings, I think anyone will be kidding themselves if they think we'll sign anyone better than Kenny Miller or Kris Boyd, they'll hit 40 League goals between them next season, that'll be the difference, the only signing I'd have been confident that could have been just as valuable would have been Lyle Taylor due to his previous with Falkirk in this League and then Thistle in the second half of last season, he is the one player who we could have attracted you'd confidently be able to say before a ball was kicked "He's a contender for signing of the Summer"

Always thought he was more of the creative type, winger/behind the striker kind of role. Always looked a class act when I saw him play for Well and considering we're in the championship he'd be a great signing. Personally think he's better than Lyle Taylor, certainly from what I've seen of both he is. Boyd and Miller are good but both over 30, Ojamaa is only 23 so possible profit margins there hence why I would see him as a better signing.

Each to their own I guess, I doubt he'll sign anyway but he is the kind of player that would bring back some optimism for me.

Hibs7
01-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Rumour is Hibs have offered £150,000 for him ???

hibbymick
01-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Who would actually know that info ?

Hibs7
01-07-2014, 08:23 PM

That is why it is a rumour !

Nevi_SOL
01-07-2014, 08:30 PM

FFS could have got griffiths for that.
Joking aside would be a very good signing in our current predicament.

Thecat23
01-07-2014, 08:31 PM

Said rumour is rubbish.

Lucius Apuleius
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM

Miss Dempster?

The_Horde
01-07-2014, 09:26 PM

Is that not griffiths?

Hibs7
01-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Said rumour is rubbish.

Fair enough you know better than most ... Do you have any info on who we are after then ?

Thecat23
01-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Fair enough you know better than most ... Do you have any info on who we are after then ?

I don't no. But I asked about James and was told right away Hibs haven't been in touch. For all i know they may still ask him but nothing just now.

I don't know, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Just hearing the same things. Agents I know aren't giving much away as of yet. Maybe a good thing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbymick
01-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Miss Dempster?

Exactly.

Callum_62
02-07-2014, 01:03 AM
I don't no. But I asked about James and was told right away Hibs haven't been in touch. For all i know they may still ask him but nothing just now.

I don't know, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Just hearing the same things. Agents I know aren't giving much away as of yet. Maybe a good thing!!

Whos James?

You mean HAHM-ez?

Hahm-ez McFadden??

Springbank
02-07-2014, 04:37 AM
If the Internet was as all-pervading back in 98-99 there would have been a lot of:

Franck Sauzee wouldn't take a step down

Russell Latapy will be on 6k a week so no chance

Mixu wouldn't risk international football to play second tier football

But do you know what....they all did.

Hibs are an attractive prospect, Edinburgh is a fantastic city

Get over it and get on it

We are going places!

California-Hibs
02-07-2014, 05:53 AM
If the Internet was as all-pervading back in 98-99 there would have been a lot of:

We are going places!

Spot on!

Hibs7
02-07-2014, 06:06 AM

Thanks !

bighairyfaeleith
02-07-2014, 06:59 AM

We are going places!

Get over it and get on it:greengrin

Your right though, hibs are an attractive option and I'm sure if we are willing to pay a bit more then we can attract a better standard of player than we have been subjected to recently.

easty
02-07-2014, 07:21 AM

We are going places!

I suppose the difference is that when we spent the money to get those players last time we were relegated, we did so pretty certain we'd come straight back up. We could spend money now, and there would still not be much certainty about going up. We can't afford to spend big and then be stuck in this division for another season.

As for Ojamaa, I was never impressed with him. I was surprised he got the move he did. His possible signing doesn't excite me at all.

portycabbage
02-07-2014, 08:31 AM
I suppose the difference is that when we spent the money to get those players last time we were relegated, we did so pretty certain we'd come straight back up. We could spend money now, and there would still not be much certainty about going up. We can't afford to spend big and then be stuck in this division for another season.

As for Ojamaa, I was never impressed with him. I was surprised he got the move he did. His possible signing doesn't excite me at all.

I was under the impression that we were able to pay 5-6k p/w to Sauzee and Latapy as it was before the tv deal collapsed or something? If that's the case then perhaps we can't spend to that level even if we wanted to? I think that your point is right as well though.