PDA

View Full Version : Where are the new players??

mcfly
30-06-2014, 09:55 PM
We've had a new man in for a week so when are we getting some new players??

We need at least 8-10, we have a game on sat and do we even have a goalie??

C'mon hibs - get a grip you want us to buy season tickets, give us a couple of marquee signings to get the fans back on side.

Russ
30-06-2014, 10:10 PM

C'mon hibs - get a grip you want us to buy season tickets, give us a couple of marquee signings to get the fans back on side.

Given the abuse that is hurled at some of our alleged signings on here before they have even set foot on the pitch I wouldn't be surprised if we are having problems signing anyone.

CallumLaidlaw
30-06-2014, 10:15 PM
If Stubbs arrived on Tuesday, and we announced some players within a couple of days of that, it would be "these aren't Stubbs players, Petrie still sticking his oar in, etc.
Stubbs has had a few days to look at his players now, maybe watch some videos of last seasons performances, speak to Marsella and contacts down south and put a list of targets together, and give this to Dempster.
I think this is a week of announcements. New sponsor stand sponsor today, a couple of players, assistant manager, new kit and season ticket news still to come

tamig
30-06-2014, 10:19 PM

No panic. I'm sure there's a load of work going on behind the scenes. New signings will be here soon. Calm down.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Given the abuse that is hurled at some of our alleged signings on here before they have even set foot on the pitch I wouldn't be surprised if we are having problems signing anyone.

Yep sure that's right at the forefront of our targets mind.

What's my salary?
What's the manager like?
Will my family like Edinburgh?
What's the clubs ambitions?
What other players are you targeting?

That all checks out fine but someone on hibs.net doesn't rate me so I'm not signing.

MyJo
30-06-2014, 10:44 PM

Think McFly Think!.....where are those damn players.

TRC
30-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Why not, lulu, browns, tigerlilly. Probably 😉🍹🍷🍻

monktonharp
30-06-2014, 11:13 PM
Given the abuse that is hurled at some of our alleged signings on here before they have even set foot on the pitch I wouldn't be surprised if we are having problems signing anyone.I have no doubt, that we will have problems signing players. certainly players of the calibre that most Hibernian fans expect/want/ plead for! we have a (recent )history of signing or loan signing some alsorans,some promising, some journeymen and to be honest, some absolute keek. imho, it's not all been down to the managers we've had in recent years. a lot of it must have to do with the system,the training, the comfort zone emmiting from our training centre, and the absolute failure from those on the board who have not been able or felt commited enough to address these problems. there has to be reasons, to explain the demise of this once proud football club which has now become almost a joke throughout the Scottish game. I cannot remember the last game, that we played with determination, and pride. I cannot remember a game in the league where we were down, almost out yet summoned the energy to win. we used to do that!

Speedway
01-07-2014, 05:40 AM
Stubbs in the paper today saying he's happy with the squad he's got and will save his budget for closer to deadline day in order to make best use of it.

H18Y GW
01-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Yep sure that's right at the forefront of our targets mind.

What's my salary?
What's the manager like?
Will my family like Edinburgh?
What's the clubs ambitions?
What other players are you targeting?

That all checks out fine but someone on hibs.net (The Bounce)doesn't rate me so I'm not signing.

Id harbour a guess thats the reason Mcgivern is away.

BT58
01-07-2014, 05:55 AM
Stubbs in the paper today saying he's happy with the squad he's got and will save his budget for closer to deadline day in order to make best use of it.
Thats the news to bring in more season ticket sales..........

CallumLaidlaw
01-07-2014, 06:12 AM

Haha! I think you have an old paper :greengrin

Forza Fred
01-07-2014, 06:16 AM

How can he be happy with the squad - we don't have one!

We don't have a goalie!

Or is Nelson to be deployed as a backie 'an?

God, all or any of them, help us if he truly means what he is alleged to have said.

3pm
01-07-2014, 06:18 AM
How can he be happy with the squad - we don't have one!

We don't have a goalie!

Or is Nelson to be deployed as a backie 'an?

God, all or any of them, help us if he truly means what he is alleged to have said.

I think you've been done! :o)

lucky
01-07-2014, 06:38 AM
I don't get the argument that we need to make a marquee signing. What is a marquee signing for a Scottish Championship club? Hibs don't pay top cash for players so I'm struggling to see how we will attract many players that are of a better standard than last season in the Premiership

Forza Fred
01-07-2014, 06:46 AM

Maybe, but honestly NOTHING would surprise me at the moment:top marks

Col2
01-07-2014, 06:49 AM
He is still looking to move a couple out. Needs a goalie and a right back and probably good to go. I can see goals in that squad.

RIP
01-07-2014, 07:09 AM

8-10 my arse. Got no chance of landing that much quality.

Hank Schrader
01-07-2014, 07:24 AM

Like a kipper!

Not all of Speedways posts should be taken seriously... :greengrin

GloryGlory
01-07-2014, 07:29 AM
He is still looking to move a couple out. Needs a goalie and a right back and probably good to go. I can see goals in that squad.

Goals against? :greengrin

Shaggy
01-07-2014, 07:30 AM
I am going Saturday, but remember this is a "Hibernian x1"

Could be all school boys and trialists, not necessarily all our senior players,

but looking forward to it :flag:

hibby67
01-07-2014, 07:46 AM

I would be extremely worried if I thought it was true but as it's paper talk I'll take it as a wind up

Speedway
01-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Like a kipper!

Not all of Speedways posts should be taken seriously... :greengrin

Barely any of them in fact.

Still, he obviously thinks enough of Nelson to have made him captain for this season.

AlbertK86
01-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Barely any of them in fact. Still, he obviously thinks enough of Nelson to have made him captain for this season.

Take it your bored this morning or just fancied a bit fishing in the nice weather !

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Barely any of them in fact.

Still, he obviously thinks enough of Nelson to have made him captain for this season.

:faf::top marks You nearly had me with the first one. :greengrin