PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Cup first round draw

Diclonius
30-06-2014, 09:22 PM
When is it?

Also, inb4 "who cares?", "diddy cup" etc etc.

SteveHFC
30-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub 5m @lewisrmiller Hi Lewis, that's when the 14/15 season is scheduled to start with a Challenge Cup tie. The draw is on Wednesday, GGTTH, HFC

Can't wait for the diddy cup draw :na na:

Diclonius
30-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub 5m @lewisrmiller Hi Lewis, that's when the 14/15 season is scheduled to start with a Challenge Cup tie. The draw is on Wednesday, GGTTH, HFC

Can't wait for the diddy cup draw :na na:

Cheers. :na na:

With that settled, who could we actually face? Am I right in thinking there's no seeding and we're drawn against teams in our "half" of Scotland, giving us a 1 in 8 chance of playing either Hearts or Rangers?

Pretty Boy
30-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Spartans at home please.

SteveHFC
30-06-2014, 09:31 PM

With that settled, who could we actually face? Am I right in thinking there's no seeding and we're drawn against teams in our "half" of Scotland, giving us a 1 in 8 chance of playing either Hearts or Rangers?

Brora away :agree:

.Sean.
30-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Hearts please.

Hermit Crab
30-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Forfeit. Pish cup.

3pm
30-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Hearts please.

Can see why but I think with the squad the way it is, a part time lower league side would be ideal.

Sir David Gray
30-06-2014, 09:42 PM

The first two rounds are regionalised, split between north and east and also south and west.

That means we can't face Sevco until at least the quarter finals but we could play Hearts in the first round.

There's no seeding involved.

Our potential opponents depend on how they split up the teams.

davhibby
30-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Would like someone like Forfar or Arbroath etc so that it will be a decent run out but nothing too difficult

Waxy
30-06-2014, 10:40 PM
The Rangers may be able to put in an effort to win this due to their big squad, for us it's an unwelcome distraction.

silverhibee
30-06-2014, 11:06 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/64ef10f8eb3ffffa08d30ab5cd59d64e/tumblr_inline_mwqt2nydPu1rxguc9.gif

SteveHFC
30-06-2014, 11:10 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/64ef10f8eb3ffffa08d30ab5cd59d64e/tumblr_inline_mwqt2nydPu1rxguc9.gif
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/04/wwe_the_rock_says_bring_it-42991.gif

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Forfeit. Pish cup.

Agreed. Do we have to take part in this obscenity?

LaMotta
30-06-2014, 11:29 PM

Im not quite sure what would be worse. Winning it or not winning it?

Diclonius
01-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Remember seeing a post on Facebook around the time Rangers lost the final to Raith Rovers along the lines of "the only thing more humiliating than being in the Challenge Cup is not winning the Challenge Cup."

Fairly apt. :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
01-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Forfeit. Pish cup.

Correct. It's shameful and embarrassing that we're going to be competing in this pish. Would rather we didn't enter all all.

MWHIBBIES
01-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Hope we go and win it.

Pretty Boy
01-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Hope we go and win it.

This. A trophy is a trophy.

Obviously I'd rather not be in it but we are and winning any trophy that Hearts and Rangers are also competing for is fine by me.

lord bunberry
01-07-2014, 07:52 AM
I was going to give it a miss, I've changed my mind and I'm going to go to the games.

lucky
01-07-2014, 07:55 AM
The draw for the challenge cup shows how far we have fallen. Utterly embarrassing, the reality of last season is now becoming this seasons nightmare.

Keith_M
01-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Due to the timing, the first round will be useful as a practice match.

After that, we should just play the under 20s.

Phil MaGlass
01-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Hertz, buns and us are all in the same boat,we may not like it but thats how it is, semi finals could be all three of us if we dont meet earlier plus one other, looks like a couple of guid games in there. I reckon Hibs in the final against either buns or hertz would be a pretty guid day oot??

hibbysam
01-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Due to the timing, the first round will be useful as a practice match.

After that, we should just play the under 20s.

No, no we shouldn't... I think some people need a reality check.. We are now a division 1 side, which means were not 'too good' for the challenge cup! It's a trophy and I fully expect us to go all out to try and win it! Confidence will be massive this year and the more wins we rack up the better! If that means winning the challenge cup then absolutely brilliant!

Steve-O
01-07-2014, 09:02 AM
If Hibs don't intend winning the thing, I assume any home games in that competition will be free entry?

WIN IT.

Leith Green
01-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Have to be honest here, no interest whatsoever in this thing, complete embarrasment that we need to play in it, will not attend any of those matches regardless off how well we do in it

Diclonius
01-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Guarantee that no one will be saying they "don't care" if we go out the cup to anyone who isn't Rangers - especially if we lose a derby. You can guarantee Hearts will be up for it and there will be no excuses not to win given by either our club or the members of this board.

We should aim to win every competition we enter and every competitive game we play, no matter what its stature is. Losers mentality will continue to prevail if we don't.

I remember reading that Brian Clough regarded some small, regional trophy (I forget which) as the most important cup he ever won at Nottingham Forest, because it instilled a winning mentality in the team and drove them on to bigger and better things. I'm genuinely excited at the prospect of playing in the Challenge Cup in the hope that it will do the same.

Bristolhibby
01-07-2014, 10:52 AM
No, no we shouldn't... I think some people need a reality check.. We are now a division 1 side, which means were not 'too good' for the challenge cup! It's a trophy and I fully expect us to go all out to try and win it! Confidence will be massive this year and the more wins we rack up the better! If that means winning the challenge cup then absolutely brilliant!

This. We should just look at it as another on the list of things we need to win.

(In order)

The Championship (or failing that)
The Playoff
Scottish Cup
League Cup
Challenge Cup

J

silverhibee
01-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Im not quite sure what would be worse. Winning it or not winning it?

Getting knocked out in the 1st round would be pretty bad. :greengrin

scoopyboy
01-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I would go for it.

If we were to beat Hearts in the semi and the Cream Buns in the final the gate money would be no different from that of the League Cup or Scottish Cup.

We can't afford not to try and win it.

The_Exile
01-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Positives: We get a cup run, we get money, we get some cracking away days (cup away days are always brilliant, no matter who the opposition are), we get a chance to win a trophy, we get another possible derby game.

Negatives: A few folk are embarrassed to play in the challenge cup, therefore they must be embarrased to be in the 1st division, therefore they must be embarrassed to be Hibs fans at the moment, therefore................

Yep, lets boycott it. :rolleyes:

Brooster
01-07-2014, 11:51 AM
No, no we shouldn't... I think some people need a reality check.. therefore now a division 1 side, which means were not 'too good' for the challenge cup! It's a trophy and I fully expect us to go all out to try and win it! Confidence will be massive this year and the more wins we rack up the better! If that means winning the challenge cup then absolutely brilliant!

Well said Sam. Some folk on here are a bit aloof but the reality is that we are in it and therefore must try and win it. I'll be behind the team all the way.

timewilltell
01-07-2014, 01:11 PM
The former Ramsden Cup is now called.......

The Petrofac Training Cup

i kid you not......!:rolleyes:

Bristolhibby
01-07-2014, 01:29 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/petrofac-training-cup-draw-on-wednesday/#RS3I2bl03RisfCtv.99

J

SteveHFC
01-07-2014, 01:35 PM
South Section (16 clubs)
Airdrieonians
Albion Rovers
Annan Athletic
Ayr United
Berwick Rangers
Clyde
Dumbarton
Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian
Livingston
Morton
Queen of the South
Queen’s Park
Rangers
Spartans
Stranraer

THE Rangers please at Ibrox :greengrin

Big Frank
01-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Lowest priority we have.

Would rather this was given to our youth tbh.

Wilson
01-07-2014, 01:38 PM
The former Ramsden Cup is now called.......

The Petrofac Training Cup

i kid you not......!:rolleyes:

When Hibs go up to lift the petrofac cup, oil be there...

ads913
01-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Does it get us into europe:cb

LancashireHibby
01-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Annan away please.

B.H.F.C
01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
We need to get in to a winning habit this year. I'd rather avoid any of the bigger teams and get a competitive win under our belts at the earliest opportunity. Try and get some early momentum.

emerald green
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM

:agree: We'll probably get kicked off the park by some bunch of cloggers and end up with players picking up injuries we can ill-afford.

Another price to pay for a disastrous relegation.

Sir David Gray
01-07-2014, 07:45 PM
South Section (16 clubs)
Airdrieonians
Albion Rovers
Annan Athletic
Ayr United
Berwick Rangers
Clyde
Dumbarton
Heart of Midlothian
Hibernian
Livingston
Morton
Queen of the South
Queen’s Park
Rangers
Spartans
Stranraer

THE Rangers please at Ibrox :greengrin

Out of interest, where did you get the above info from?

Normally the regions are split between north/east and south/west.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2014, 08:02 PM

It was on the SPFL website today. What you say above was correct for last season though

ionahibby
02-07-2014, 08:14 AM

I don't think we could face the rangers until the quarter finals at least as it's being split east/west etc. probably to make sure the rangers and Hibs/hearts are in the latter stages to drum up interest in the competition.

Diclonius
02-07-2014, 10:02 AM
It was on the SPFL website today. What you say above was correct for last season though

Presumably they changed it this season to increase the chance of a "big" game.

lucky
02-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Mickey Mouse cup as such I won't be attending regardless who we play. Gates for these games will be below 5k if it's not the financial cheating twins

Waxy
02-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Spartans away hopefully

.Sean.
02-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Lowest priority we have.

Would rather this was given to our youth tbh.

Believe it or not, we're not Man U and this isn't the English League Cup. We're a first division Scottish team and the sooner some of you get this through your skulls the better.

We find ourselves in the cup and I want us to win it. As for those calling it a Mickey Mouse cup well we're in it 'on merit' so what does that make us? Leave the 'we're too big for this cup' pish to teams with inferiority complexes like Hearts and get a grip.

HFC07
02-07-2014, 10:34 AM
what time is the draw?

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 10:36 AM
We're going to be competing in four competitions next season, with limited resources. That means we need to prioritise.

The main competition is the League, which should be first priority at all times. If we want to try and win a Cup competition, let's make it one we actually give a toss about.

cabbage_88
02-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Believe it or not, we're not Man U and this isn't the English League Cup. We're a first division Scottish team and the sooner some of you get this through your skulls the better.

We find ourselves in the cup and I want us to win it. As for those calling it a Mickey Mouse cup well we're in it 'on merit' so what does that make us? Leave the 'we're too big for this cup' pish to teams with inferiority complexes like Hearts and get a grip.
Exactly. Well said mate. Can't believe the amount of people that think we're too good or too big for any sort of trophy. It would be a different story if we got to the final and there was a scramble for tickets.

Nutmegged
02-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Absolutely spot on

How many trophies have Hibernian won exactly, give me any sort of competitive Silverware any day of the week

Nando™
02-07-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm astonished at the amount of Hibbies I've seen that think we're above this competition.

We're in it because we're not good enough to be in the Premier League and to suggest forfeiting entry is exactly the kind of behaviour that, a while ago, they would describe as "not Hibs class." If Hearts had been saying this a few months ago this place would be riddled with "typical Yam fuds thinking they're bigger than the competition", "typical Yam fuds disrespecting Scottish football (again)", "typical Yam fuds thinking that a competition is way above them."

I'm not saying we should dance a merry jig if we win it, because if we do win it then I won't really care too much, but to be so childish and believing that this competition is beneath Hibs is pathetic and people need to open their eyes and finally admit that we're down and are competing in this cup because we deserve to be, and no amount of bleating about it is going to change that. Being defiant against it is laughable.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 10:49 AM
what time is the draw?

I've no idea but the suspense is killing me :wink:

HH81
02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm astonished at the amount of Hibbies I've seen that think we're above this competition.

We're in it because we're not good enough to be in the Premier League and to suggest forfeiting entry is exactly the kind of behaviour that, a while ago, they would describe as "not Hibs class." If Hearts had been saying this a few months ago this place would be riddled with "typical Yam fuds thinking they're bigger than the competition", "typical Yam fuds disrespecting Scottish football (again)", "typical Yam fuds thinking that a competition is way above them."

I'm not saying we should dance a merry jig if we win it, because if we do win it then I won't really care too much, but to be so childish and believing that this competition is beneath Hibs is pathetic and people need to open their eyes and finally admit that we're down and are competing in this cup because we deserve to be, and no amount of bleating about it is going to change that. Being defiant against it is laughable.

The best post on this thread by a mile. In fact I want us to get to the final as looks like I will be able to bring a 50 seater coach up from Yorkshire as no one else will be interested!!!!

HFC07
02-07-2014, 10:52 AM
I've no idea but the suspense is killing me :wink:

I know, not exactly the most glamorous of cup's, but I'm still intrigued to see who we get.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I know, not exactly the most glamorous of cup's, but I'm still intrigued to see who we get.

Strangely enough so am I.

Diclonius
02-07-2014, 10:59 AM

:top marks

Some of the arrogance on here is of OF-level proportions.

ionahibby
02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
what time is the draw?

2pm it all kicks off.

Bishop Hibee
02-07-2014, 11:03 AM
On holiday for the first game anyway but I won't pay money on top of my ST for this competition.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Is the 1st round on the 26th of this month? One of my jambo mates says they're playing Man City on the 25th, surely they can't be playing twice in 2 days

stoneyburn hibs
02-07-2014, 11:16 AM

Well said, the embarrassed punters will turn up should we get Hearts or Rangers, or make the final.

TamHibs
02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Is the 1st round on the 26th of this month? One of my jambo mates says they're playing Man City on the 25th, surely they can't be playing twice in 2 days

Hearts play Man City onthe 18th July. Apparently they have "demanded" that City play at least 6 first team players in the game :faf:

Betty Boop
02-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Getting knocked out in the 1st round would be pretty bad. :greengrin

Gawd that would be the pits. Imagine the slagging from my Jambo workmates, the Council's infested wi them.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2014, 11:23 AM

Rangers can't be at home either due to commonwealth games. That correct?

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Hearts play Man City onthe 18th July. Apparently they have "demanded" that City play at least 6 first team players in the game :faf:

:faf: I can see all the World Cup stars rushing back for that one

MyJo
02-07-2014, 11:32 AM
We are a championship club, we're here on sporting performance and fully deserved relegation last season.
Anyone looking down on this competition or thinking that we are too big to be taking part either didnt watch that shambles last season or is seriously deluded about how far we have fallen.

We have very little opportunity as it is to actually win a trophy and it has been 7 years since we last had anything to genuinely celebrate so any chance to get some success is most welcome IMO.

also, Lets not forget that by us winning this competition it would also mean that Hearts didnt and that will grate with them regardless of how much they protest that it means nothing.

number 27
02-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I dont think people are really saying we dont deserve to be in this competition or that we are "too big" I think it is really just a stark reminder of how far we have fallen that makes this draw feel a bit uncomfortable.

Personally I hope we get Annan, I think they are the only senior team I have never seen.

Brooster
02-07-2014, 12:05 PM
We're going to be competing in four competitions next season, with limited resources. That means we need to prioritise.

The main competition is the League, which should be first priority at all times. If we want to try and win a Cup competition, let's make it one we actually give a toss about.

A couple of things?

1. How are we competing with limited resources?
2. You say 'let's make it one we give a toss about'.........who are 'we'? It certainly isn't me because if Hibs are in it I will be giving a toss.

LancashireHibby
02-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Feel free to mention that their friendly tomrrow has been moved from the main stadium in Leigh where they lost 5-1 against Bucharest last year to take place on the amateur rugby ground next door :thumbsup:

easty
02-07-2014, 12:44 PM
:faf: I can see all the World Cup stars rushing back for that one

I can see a few first teamers playing to be fair. They have plenty good players who werent playing at the World Cup, Jesus Navas, Negredo, Richards, Nasri, Jovetic, Rodwell, Kolarov, Nastasic.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 12:53 PM
A couple of things?

1. How are we competing with limited resources?
2. You say 'let's make it one we give a toss about'.........who are 'we'? It certainly isn't me because if Hibs are in it I will be giving a toss.

1) We're going to be competing this season with a much smaller pool of players.

2) In years to come, which of us is going to talk as fondly about winning the Challenge Cup as we do about winning the League Cup in 2007?

Four competitions is too much, we need to prioritise.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm surprised there areno seedings in this

SteveHFC
02-07-2014, 01:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU8y7QaAFAs

Gatecrasher
02-07-2014, 01:00 PM
I'd like us to get someone like Falkirk or Dumbarton to see where we are in relation to the other 1st division teams.

SteveHFC
02-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Doncaster is a ****

Aaron
We play Rangers away

SteveHFC
Rangers at Ibrox :thumbsup:

Twiglet
02-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Where will we play? Ibrox is being used for the rugby 7s on the 26th and 27th.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Rangers at Ibrox :thumbsup:

I take back everything I said, I now want us to win

:wink:

SteveHFC
02-07-2014, 01:08 PM
I take back everything I said, I now want us to win

:wink:

Scotland Flags at the ready :aok:

Haymaker
02-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Is that The Rangers, Livi, **** our opening three games?

givescotlandfreedom
02-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Now it matters. Kill them Hibs!

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Scotland Flags at the ready :aok:

I've got mine, and the Alex Salmond face mask

:thumbsup:

robinp
02-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I wonder if Sevco fans will boycott this home game after we voted against them (like their away game threats) and with it being a cup game it'll possibly be a split gate? :greengrin

Hibercelona
02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Hopefully our 6 players get stuck right into them!

:flag:

SteveHFC

Just need to order the kilt and I'll be ready :cb

robinp

Yes leaflets all round!

Bronson
02-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Brilliant draw:thumbsup: what date is the game?

Aaron
02-07-2014, 01:14 PM
How do the gate receipts work for this? 50 50 split?

SteveHFC
02-07-2014, 01:15 PM

Yes leaflets all round!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31k2POm0tZL.jpg:cb

GreenCastle
02-07-2014, 01:16 PM
3 weeks for our 14 players (no gk's) to get ready for it.

Diclonius
02-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Fix.

HH81
02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
What date is the game?

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 01:18 PM
What date is the game?

Still to be decided

Sylar
02-07-2014, 01:19 PM
What date is the game?

'Ties likely to be Saturday 26th July' apparently.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 01:20 PM

This one wont though, unless Rangers move it to another venue

Sean1875
02-07-2014, 01:20 PM

normal games are but the Rangers game will be moved because of the commonwealth games :agree:

Aaron
02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Dates for Ibrox have yet to be announced. Probably sometime in August.

From SPFL website:
Ties to be played on the weekend of July 26 but Rangers v Hibernian will be rescheduled due to Glasgow 2014.

and BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27836704

DarrenSQH
02-07-2014, 01:23 PM
We should treat this like Arsenal used to do with the League Cup. The league is what we need to do well in.

AinsterHibs
02-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Hopefully our 6 players get stuck right into them!

:flag:

:aok:

Haymaker
02-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Why cant it be reversed and at ours? **** The Rangers.

Keith_M
02-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Fix.

I thought that as well, unless it's just total coincidence that The Ranger start two campaigns at home to Hearts and Hibs respectively.

Dates for Ibrox have yet to be announced. Probably sometime in August.

From SPFL website:

and BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27836704

Wouldn't it be simpler just to move it to Easter Road?

Aaron
02-07-2014, 01:32 PM

Nothing is simple when it comes to Scottish Football.

I'm not overly fussed about this cup anyways. At least we will get split gate receipts at Ibrox.

SteveHFC
02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Get yours now

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m1_tDlpT_oBh3ejtt9RS0iQ.jpg

Centre Hawf
02-07-2014, 01:54 PM
May not be the popular opinion but I want us to go out and win it the cup. And I don't want us to go out to them either.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 01:56 PM
The later this game happens the better, we'll never have a competitive team ready in three and a half weeks.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
The later this game happens the better, we'll never have a competitive team ready in three and a half weeks.

You're spot in, probably get played the midweek after the Hearts away game

offshorehibby
02-07-2014, 01:57 PM
So what happened to the Regional first and second rounds.

CallumLaidlaw
02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
So what happened to the Regional first and second rounds.

It was north and south

offshorehibby
02-07-2014, 02:04 PM
It was north and south

Doh, so it was.

Lee Marvin
02-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Good draw imo. We will be due half the gate. It's the first proper game of the season so the rangers should bring a good crowd. More money for the budget!! And, we prob get pumped out of a competition that is a nuisance

ackeygraham
02-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Looks like not even kicked a ball and already a fixture back log - Der Huns should be forced to switch it to ER, unless we don't have a team yet and gives us a few weeks to get a squad together.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Smashing way to start the season. ....tam mcourt in goals

blindsummit
02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Apologies for being cynical but this draw is a complete fix. Scottish Football is so corrupt. This has been set up purely to give Sevco an early boost to their coffers due to their perilous finances, and to give them an opportunity to get a major rival for this cup out of the way as early as possible. Of course I hope we upset the plan and stuff them, but I'm sure they will get a lot of "honest mistakes" from the officials on the day too.

As I say my apologies for being so cynical but this is just so obviously to me a rigged draw.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Games off. New date to be announced in due course.

Bostonhibby
02-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Is this the first time we have played The Rangers? If so they will be up for a game against one of the bigger more established teams.

Makaveli
02-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Not a bad start for the Hun coffers, eh? What with both us and hearts visiting as early as we possibly could have...

Pretty Boy
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Brilliant.

Take it we will get the whole away stand.

Let's get it packed out. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

StevieC
02-07-2014, 02:49 PM

No way!

As the home team, my guess is that they would be entitled to the majority of tickets and we would only get our percentage (whatever that is for cup games). There is no way in hell that I would be wanting to be sitting in the South Stand watching some bigoted twat jumping up and down in my usual seat!

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 03:21 PM

I think you're right, which means I won't be able to go

Billy Whizz
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I think you're right, which means I won't be able to go

If it's the midweek before, I can't go

CB_NO3
02-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Can we not play it on the 2nd of Aug? Or is Ibrox still getting used for the commonwealth games?

Edit, just noticed the League cup is on the 2nd. Looks like a midweek game at Ibrox then.

Back Lounge
02-07-2014, 04:21 PM

Game should be played on 5/6 August. Winners to play in second round is on 19 / 20th.

Same scenario with the League Cup. They cant play on 2 August, so they should play on 12 / 13th with the winners able to play in second round on 26 / 27th.

Be interesting to see if SPFL tell them or if Ally says it would be too much for his young team.

Persevere80
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
May not be the popular opinion but I want us to go out and win it the cup. And I don't want us to go out to them either.
Why would it not be a popular opinion.

This could be a good kick start to our season. I agree, I don't want us to go out to them. Get stuck into these blue nose ******s. We hate Glasgow rangers, we hate Celtic too. We hate heart of Midlothian, but the hibbes we love you. Altogether now....................

DH1875
02-07-2014, 05:29 PM
How many tickets we looking at?

davidw
02-07-2014, 05:31 PM
We should treat this like Arsenal used to do with the League Cup. The league is what we need to do well in.

I agree. It's embarrassing being in this pathetic competition. The one positive last time we were relegated was it wasn't running that year. We should play a reserve team. Admittedly, the flaw in this logic is we don't actually have a reserve team (nor a first team for that matter) - but if we did have a reserve team, we should definitely play it!

cleanyman
02-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Should just play our reserves.

The league is where it matters.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Should just play our reserves.

The league is where it matters.

We've not got any reserves

cleanyman
02-07-2014, 05:58 PM
We've not got any reserves

I can play.

emerald green
02-07-2014, 07:44 PM
I knew we would end up getting kicked off the park by a bunch of cloggers.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 07:46 PM
I can play.

Report to east mains at 09:00

SouthamptonHibs
02-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Just seen the full draw. Does anyone know why Spartans get to play in the tournament?

Sir David Gray
02-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Just seen the full draw. Does anyone know why Spartans get to play in the tournament?

The qualify as winners of the Lowland league.

Brora Rangers are also there after they won the Highland league.

There are only 30 teams in the SPFL's bottom three leagues so they need an extra two teams in order to make it a 32 team competition.

Ross89
02-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Report to east mains at 09:00

I'll be there (with my goalie gloves).

Carheenlea
02-07-2014, 11:21 PM
If Rangers are unable to fulfil their fixtures on the scheduled dates for first round ties, I say bomb them out.

When's the draw for the next round...?

HH81
03-07-2014, 04:51 AM
Hibs need to get a friendly sorted for the weekend when the tie was meant to be played.

SouthamptonHibs
03-07-2014, 07:17 AM
The qualify as winners of the Lowland league.

Brora Rangers are also there after they won the Highland league.

There are only 30 teams in the SPFL's bottom three leagues so they need an extra two teams in order to make it a 32 team competition.

Thanks for info mate

lord bunberry
03-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Hibs need to get a friendly sorted for the weekend when the tie was meant to be played.

Stubbs said yesterday that they would be doing that

calmacuk
08-07-2014, 11:44 AM
From Twitter:

The #PetrofacTrainingCup first-round tie between @RFC_Official & @HibernianFCClub at Ibrox is live on BBC ALBA on Tues 5 Aug at 7.35pm #SPFL