PDA

View Full Version : Hibs on BBC ALBA

Highland_Hibby
30-06-2014, 05:37 PM
As you will all be aware, BBC ALBA have covered a number of Hibs games since its launch in 2008.

It is also likely that ALBA will cover a number of Hibs games this coming season, both in the league and in the Challenge Cup.

I'm currently researching the impact of BBC ALBA and looking for research participants, and there is particularly focus on sports fans. Being a Hibby myself, I thought I'd try to pilot the study among fellow Hibs fans.

If you'd be interested in participating in this study please click the following link below. It won't take very long and if you choose to leave your details, then you'll be entered into a prize draw, and there are also further paid research opportunities, which are explained at the end of the questionnaire.

Mòran taing gu dearbh.
Gòrdan

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
30-06-2014, 06:28 PM
As you will all be aware, BBC ALBA have covered a number of Hibs games since its launch in 2008.

It is also likely that ALBA will cover a number of Hibs games this coming season, both in the league and in the Challenge Cup.

I'm currently researching the impact of BBC ALBA and looking for research participants, and there is particularly focus on sports fans. Being a Hibby myself, I thought I'd try to pilot the study among fellow Hibs fans.

If you'd be interested in participating in this study please click the following link below. It won't take very long and if you choose to leave your details, then you'll be entered into a prize draw, and there are also further paid research opportunities, which are explained at the end of the questionnaire.

Mòran taing gu dearbh.
Gòrdan

GGTTH

No link matey?

Scorrie
30-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Cannae see a link. Watch Alba a lot for sport so happy to do your survey if you post link

Eyrie
30-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Only watch Alba if its showing Hibs or rugby, but don't mind doing the survey.

Waxy
30-06-2014, 08:06 PM
I'll do a bit now. Watching Hibs on Bbc alba is like watching Hibs on a foreign country tv station. You can see it all but you can only understand the odd words like Hibs or players names. The rest may as well be japanese.

Lewis77
30-06-2014, 08:15 PM
I'll do a bit now. Watching Hibs on Bbc alba is like watching Hibs on a foreign country tv station. You can see it all but you can only understand the odd words like Hibs or players names. The rest may as well be japanese.

There is a Simple answer to that dilemma. http://www.bbc.co.uk/alba/foghlam/learngaelic/

The Pointer
30-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Ciamar a tha sibh Gordan. Tha mi sh*t at Gaelic though.

Be happy to take part in the survey.

FranckSuzy
30-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Link? :I'm waiti :greengrin

Golden Bear
01-07-2014, 10:28 AM

Mòran taing gu dearbh.
Gòrdan

GGTTH

Have you finished your research yet?

We are waiting patiently for the mythical link!

:wink:

Highland_Hibby
01-07-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm very sorry - as you have all pointed out I forgot to add a link to that post - thanks for your replies and patience - here it is:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/soillse_media_survey

Many thanks in advanced,
Mòran taing is dùrachdan,

Gòrdan

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
01-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm very sorry - as you have all pointed out I forgot to add a link to that post - thanks for your replies and patience - here it is:

Many thanks in advanced,

Gòrdan

GGTTH

:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
01-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Many thanks in advanced,

Gòrdan

GGTTH

:aok:

Completed.

ionahibby
01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Completed

Highland_Hibby
01-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks for very much to all that have completed the survey. There's been a great response...since I actually posted a link!

A few of you have indicated that you'd like to participate in further (paid) research (such as interviews/focus groups/media diaries).

If you'd like more information on this please contact me at: g.mackenzie.1@research.gla.ac.uk

:flag:

Dan Sarf
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Completed.

When do I get my vouchers? :greengrin

Highland_Hibby
01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi Dan Sarf,

If you've left your details you will be entered into a draw for a number of different prizes.

If you leave your details and indicate you'd like to participate in further research then there are guaranteed paid research opportunities for regular viewers of BBC ALBA. This may be media diaries, interviews or focus groups which will be conducted towards the end of this summer.

You can contact me at the email address posted above if you'd be interested.

Many thanks/Mòran taing

Le dùrachdan,

Gòrdan

www.soillse.ac.uk

GGTTH

dave62
01-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Completed. Glad to help.

oramhibee
01-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Done!

Eyrie
01-07-2014, 08:44 PM
"Rangers (2012)" :aok:

Worth doing for that alone.

Highland_Hibby
02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
"Rangers (2012)" :aok:

Worth doing for that alone.

Haha, that's fine now collecting responses from here, but I might need to take that off before I collect from any Gers! For the 'pilot survey' (pre-survey) I've just advertised it on Hibs.net and HibeesBounce and its been 96% Hibees and 4% Jam Tarts - no complaints so far!

Dan Sarf
02-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Hi Dan Sarf,

If you've left your details you will be entered into a draw for a number of different prizes.

If you leave your details and indicate you'd like to participate in further research then there are guaranteed paid research opportunities for regular viewers of BBC ALBA. This may be media diaries, interviews or focus groups which will be conducted towards the end of this summer.

You can contact me at the email address posted above if you'd be interested.

Many thanks/Mòran taing

Le dùrachdan,

Gòrdan

www.soillse.ac.uk (http://www.soillse.ac.uk)

GGTTH

Hi Gordan. Thanks for the info but I was only joking about the vouchers! Glad to help. :flag:

Highland_Hibby
02-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Thanks to all you have participated in the 'pilot-survey'. This survey was conducted in order to 'test the water' so-to-speak and sort out any difficulties before actual data commences in a few weeks.

Although, the data collected so-far cannot contribute to the final analysis, if you have left your email address you will be entered into the prize draw to be drawn at the end of the summer. I will send an email confirming your ENTRY into this draw over the next couple days. You do not need to reply to this email. However, if you are a regular viewer of BBC ALBA and have also indicated that you would like to participate in further (guaranteed paid) research with Soillse, please reply back with your name, DOB, location and what type of research you'd like to participate in (either interviews, focus groups, or BBC ALBA media diaries).

The pilot survey will close today so for any others who'd like to participate feel free to do so.

Again, many thanks for your participation and I'll be with you at Easter Road next month for the start of our Championship winning season!

A-rithist, mòran taing dhuibh uile, agus chi mi sibh aig Pairc Sraid na Càisge an ath-mhios nuair a' toisaich sinn leis an t-seisean soirbheachail againn!

Gòrdan
www.soillse.ac.uk

Highland_Hibby
14-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks very much to all who participated in the pilot study. You're responses were very much appreciated and based on your feedback the survey has been re-designed and the final data collection study is now ready.

Having piloted the research study amongst only Hibbys during the summer, I have now requested supporters of other football clubs to participate. I will be interesting to see the difference in responses!

I'd greatly appreciate your participation: those who previously participated in the pilot study and those who didn't before.

Based on you're feedback the survey takes about 9 to 13 mins, and most of you agree that 'this was about right' time.

You can find the survey at:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gaelic_media

As stated before, your completion will mean that you're entered into a draw for 'Love2Shop' vouchers ( for purchases at places like Argos, Boots, Debenhams, Iceland, Toys 'R' Us, House of Fraser, River Island, New Look and Waterstones, plus restaurants), and at the end it is explained how there are further research options, which you are paid in cash for.

Le gach deagh dhùrachd,
Gòrdan

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Have we ever won a game shown on Alba?

I think they're a jinx :greengrin

Highland_Hibby
16-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Have we ever won a game shown on Alba?

I think they're a jinx :greengrin

Well, to be fair, since they started broadcasting football a couple years ago we haven't won too many games overall! But the last time we beat Celtic (December 2012) it was screened 'as live' with Griffiths scoring the only goal of the game. Still got it recorded on my Sky+ box!