PDA

View Full Version : Hibs and asking for patience

gorgie greens
29-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I know we have a new guy at the helm and Hibs are asking the fans for patience but they. Still expect fans to turn up in there masses and purchase Season tickets,give us a marquee name signed up and you will get guys turning up and parting with their hard earned ,you wont get guys or not many compared to previous years to watch the likes of Neilson and co.
Being 400 miles away I cant commit to season tickets for obvious reasons but I still get my Hibs TV and manage the odd game up,I buy club shop merchandise for myself and my sons.
What we need is a name to get the fans excited

Viva_Palmeiras
29-06-2014, 04:40 PM
I know we have a new guy at the helm and Hibs are asking the fans for patience but they. Still expect fans to turn up in there masses and purchase Season tickets,give us a marquee name signed up and you will get guys turning up and parting with their hard earned ,you wont get guys or not many compared to previous years to watch the likes of Neilson and co.
Being 400 miles away I cant commit to season tickets for obvious reasons but I still get my Hibs TV and manage the odd game up,I buy club shop merchandise for myself and my sons.

Engelbert ;)

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 05:52 PM

I very much doubt if we will see a" marquee" signing. Not really what we need to get us out of this league. Although I guess it depends onwhat you mean by marquee. One man's marquee is another man's journeyman. Without money coming in from our main source of income, that is the fans, then not many signings are going to happen at all. I do disagree with the point you make about living 400 miles away you won't commit to a season ticket. That is a choice you make, and rightly so it's you prerogative. However if you could afford it there is no reason why you cannot.

Keith_M
29-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I very much doubt if we will see a" marquee" signing. .....

Steven Fletcher to sign this week*. You heard it here first!

:thumbsup:

* Source: A dream I had a couple of nights ago

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Engelbert ;)

Nah, folk would take the hump-i-think?

snooky
29-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Nah, folk would take the hump-i-think?

Aye, I dor-say :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
29-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I very much doubt if we will see a" marquee" signing. Not really what we need to get us out of this league. Although I guess it depends onwhat you mean by marquee. One man's marquee is another man's journeyman. Without money coming in from our main source of income, that is the fans, then not many signings are going to happen at all. [B]I do disagree with the point you make about living 400 miles away you won't commit to a season ticket. That is a choice you make, and rightly so it's you prerogative. However if you could afford it there is no reason why you cannot.

You are correct on one point - it has nothing to do with you.

My son and I travel as much as we can, but it is expensive when you don't live in Scotland.

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 08:18 PM
You are correct on one point - it has nothing to do with you.

My son and I travel as much as we can, but it is expensive when you don't live in Scotland.

What a tubeish answer when it was not directed at you.

Crazyhorse
29-06-2014, 08:23 PM
What we need is a name to get the fans excited[/QUOTE]

Petrieout might do it.

DarlingtonHibee
29-06-2014, 08:28 PM
What a tubeish answer when it was not directed at you.

How much does it cost you to travel to watch Hibs >

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 08:32 PM
How much does it cost you to travel to watch Hibs >

Surprised at that question. I would have thought it was none of your business.

DarlingtonHibee
29-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Surprised at that question. I would have thought it was none of your business.

Point I am making is we all dont reside in Edinburgh / Scotland, so for you to question a guy who lives for 400 miles away re having a season ticket is very poor.

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Point I am making is we all dont reside in Edinburgh / Scotland, so for you to question a guy who lives for 400 miles away re having a season ticket is very poor.

Not really. The point he made was that "obviously" living in Wales he did not have a season ticket. I merely pointed out that there was indeed nothing obvious about it and if he wantec he could still buy one. Think you are reading more into my comment than what was meant.

DarlingtonHibee
29-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Not really. The point he made was that "obviously" living in Wales he did not have a season ticket. I merely pointed out that there was indeed nothing obvious about it and if he wantec he could still buy one. Think you are reading more into my comment than what was meant.

So you dont want to tell us how far you are from Easter Road ?- its six hour round trip for me and my son

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 08:50 PM
So you dont want to tell us how far you are from Easter Road ?- its six hour round trip for me and my son

Not seeing what distance has to do with it. You can still buy a season ticket to help the club if you cannot make every game.

Stax
29-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Neilson & co?

DarlingtonHibee
29-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Not seeing what distance has to do with it. You can still buy a season ticket to help the club if you cannot make every game.

How far are you from Easter Road - answer the question please.

We get up for 6-8 matches a year, plus Hibs shop and Hibs TV etc - last one was Raith defeat.

It cost's us £120 per match easily.

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2014, 08:57 PM
I very much doubt if we will see a" marquee" signing. Not really what we need to get us out of this league. Although I guess it depends onwhat you mean by marquee. One man's marquee is another man's journeyman. Without money coming in from our main source of income, that is the fans, then not many signings are going to happen at all. I do disagree with the point you make about living 400 miles away you won't commit to a season ticket. That is a choice you make, and rightly so it's you prerogative. However if you could afford it there is no reason why you cannot.

I can afford a season ticket but choose to spend it elsewhere, the day's of me throwing my money at hibs have long gone.

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 08:59 PM
I can afford a season ticket but choose to spend it elsewhere, the day's of me throwing my money at hibs have long gone.

And that is totally understandable and your choice G. Point I am making is you could ( the royal you :-)) if you wanted.

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2014, 09:00 PM

We get up for 6-8 matches a year, plus Hibs shop and Hibs TV etc - last one was Raith defeat.

Ok I am approximately 30 miles from Easter Road. Up until last season I stayed 3,500 miles away.

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2014, 09:00 PM

Jeez mate that's some commitment :thumbsup:

DarlingtonHibee
29-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Ok I am approximately 30 miles from Easter Road. Up until last season I stayed 3,500 miles away.

So you had a season ticket when you were 3500 miles away ?

gorgie greens
29-06-2014, 10:11 PM

I also donate money to Leith Links who inturn purchasse season tickets,and prior to moving down here i had season tickets for pest part of 20 years .

blackpoolhibs
29-06-2014, 10:42 PM
And that is totally understandable and your choice G. Point I am making is you could ( the royal you :-)) if you wanted.

I will get one when i think they are worth the money again, i'm just fed up watching crap. I used to be one of those who said its hibs its what i do, but not anymore. Hibs have sickened me too many times over the years, and like others i just feel enough is enough.

I also feel quite distant from the club, not in miles but just in general. I dont feel the affinity i once had.

FranckSuzy
29-06-2014, 11:15 PM
I also donate money to Leith Links who inturn purchasse season tickets,and prior to moving down here i had season tickets for pest part of 20 years .

:aok:

Iain G
29-06-2014, 11:20 PM

*only* 3500 miles away, no commitment :wink: :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-06-2014, 11:20 PM
They ask for our patience every year. We've been waiting for something positive to happen for what seems like forever and we're still being telt to have patience.

As a club we generally have too much patience. As we wait patiently, other clubs are sharpening their tools for next season.

gorgie greens
29-06-2014, 11:29 PM
They ask for our patience every year. We've been waiting for something positive to happen for what seems like forever and we're still being telt to have patience.

As a club we generally have too much patience. As we wait patiently, other clubs are sharpening their tools for next season.

There just seems the gap keeps getting wider between the club and the fans,the last time we went down we had two marquee signings as in Sauzee and Latapy,the rangers are not standing still chucking other peoples money about like confetti,the yams are puting a squad together,i want us to sign someone that states our intent where people start talking about us in a good sense rather than the negative stuff we have had of late,and want us to be in the mix come the end of the season and not just making up the numbers

Peevemor
29-06-2014, 11:53 PM

You make it sound as if nothing is happening. The club is currently being reorganised from top to bottom - by far the most radical restructuration in my time supporting Hibs. LD took up her post, assessed the situation, met with then binned TB, assessed the applications, interviewed and then, three weeks to the day from her starting date, appointed the new head coach. It may have seemed like an eternity to us, but it was in reality pretty quick.

I don't think anyone's dragging their heels at ER.

WestCoastHibby
30-06-2014, 12:18 AM
One mans marquee is another mans wendy house.
I don't care if Alan Stubbs signs Eskimos or Aboriginals, he can sign Jambos and juniors. As long as we get a TEAM that plays for each other and us. Effort was sadly lacking last season. It's time for change.

Ps Smart arsery about someone who lives in Wales not travelling a killer drive every fortnight to watch dross is not big and its not clever. It's button mushroom sized and puerile.

Ozyhibby
30-06-2014, 04:49 AM
I don't care if Alan Stubbs signs Eskimos or Aboriginals, he can sign Jambos and juniors. As long as we get a TEAM that plays for each other and us. Effort was sadly lacking last season. It's time for change.

Ps Smart arsery about someone who lives in Wales not travelling a killer drive every fortnight to watch dross is not big and its not clever. It's button mushroom sized and puerile.

Speak for yourself, I want a bit of quality. 100% effort should be a minimum requirement.

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2014, 08:38 AM
So you had a season ticket when you were 3500 miles away ?

Yes, some seasons two.

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2014, 08:39 AM

Yep, me too.

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I will get one when i think they are worth the money again, i'm just fed up watching crap. I used to be one of those who said its hibs its what i do, but not anymore. Hibs have sickened me too many times over the years, and like others i just feel enough is enough.

I also feel quite distant from the club, not in miles but just in general. I dont feel the affinity i once had.

G, no one would deny your or anyone else's commitment. The mojo will retuen and you will be back with your ST.

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2014, 08:42 AM
*only* 3500 miles away, no commitment :wink: :greengrin

I moved there to be closer!!!!!!

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2014, 08:44 AM

Gonnae show us where anyone is being smart arsey about a good hibby in Wales? A simple true statement was made.

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Cannae do multiquotes on my tablet. :-)

FranckSuzy
30-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Yep, me too.

:agree: :aok:

HH81
30-06-2014, 09:58 AM

Its 8 hours round trip from Halifax!!! I should be stopping at Darlo and jumping in your car :-)

DarlingtonHibee
30-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Its 8 hours round trip from Halifax!!! I should be stopping at Darlo and jumping in your car :-)

Any time !! :thumbsup:

Steve-O
30-06-2014, 11:12 AM

I realise that you may well tell us you have a season ticket but I don't think many people living 400 miles (or 4000 as in my case) away would buy a season ticket even if they could afford it, given they couldn't use the thing!

If I had PLENTY cash, yes I might buy one!

Keith_M
30-06-2014, 12:19 PM
I realise that you may well tell us you have a season ticket but I don't think many people living 400 miles (or 4000 as in my case) away would buy a season ticket even if they could afford it, given they couldn't use the thing!

If I had PLENTY cash, yes I might buy one!

I realise it's nowhere near as far away but I often* buy STs for friends/family and use one whenever I come home. Maybe the guy does something similiar :dunno:

* In saying that, I couldn't persuade anyone to accept one last season, even though it would have cost them nothing.

Steve-O
01-07-2014, 06:43 AM
I realise it's nowhere near as far away but I often* buy STs for friends/family and use one whenever I come home. Maybe the guy does something similiar :dunno:

* In saying that, I couldn't persuade anyone to accept one last season, even though it would have cost them nothing.

Fair do's.

I'd maybe consider it if I was in the UK. Getting back for games from here isn't as easy though :greengrin