PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Update

ackeygraham
29-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Do we know when LD will announce the update on ST's? Anyone in the know heard anything?

eastterrace
29-06-2014, 10:12 AM
i heard its staying at the same price £405 , cant see them shifting many at that price, cheaper to patg.

lord bunberry
29-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Reassuringly expensive

Nando™
29-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Their argument may be that there will be very few re-arranged games and therefore the value of a ST will actually be much higher than in previous season.

If that is what they peddle then I'd be interested to hear why they freeze it again once we're promoted.

DH1875
29-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Their argument may be that there will be very few re-arranged games and therefore the value of a ST will actually be much higher than in previous season.

If that is what they peddle then I'd be interested to hear why they freeze it again once we're promoted.

We will have plenty of re-arranged games.

Betty Boop
29-06-2014, 12:36 PM
i heard its staying at the same price £405 , cant see them shifting many at that price, cheaper to patg.

£405 for the first division ? What a joke !

Geo_1875
29-06-2014, 01:33 PM
£405 for the first division ? What a joke !

Yes it would be funny. However, I'll wait until they announce something before I laugh.

Leith_Hibee
29-06-2014, 01:43 PM
I told a sellick season ticket holder how much we pay and they were astonished.

PeterboroHibee
29-06-2014, 01:44 PM

If thats true, Id be surprised if we sold many (possibly even any) more. There almost no incentive for those fans who are still undecided on whether to buy one.

Nutmegged
29-06-2014, 01:50 PM
I told a sellick season ticket holder how much we pay and they were astonished.

My mates Season Ticket for Parkhead is £460, they shaved a hundred quid off it last year and kept it off apparently.

55 quid dearer than us but at least they see the best players in the Country and probably have more Saturday 3pm home games than any other club in the Country

We shouldn't be charging north of £300 in my opinion

Sean1875
29-06-2014, 01:54 PM
do we know how much we'll be charging for PATG for home games?

hibbysam
29-06-2014, 02:15 PM
My mates Season Ticket for Parkhead is £460, they shaved a hundred quid off it last year and kept it off apparently.

55 quid dearer than us but at least they see the best players in the Country and probably have more Saturday 3pm home games than any other club in the Country

We shouldn't be charging north of £300 in my opinion

They see the 'best players in the country' steamroller every team each week... Hardly worth an extra £55... Not saying ours is money well
Spent but it's far more value because of the excitement plus 4 cat A games than beating every side without breaking sweat!

Ozyhibby
29-06-2014, 02:27 PM
I think including all cup games is maybe the way to go and offering a refund to all who have bought a cup top up.
A further guarantee of a price freeze for the next three seasons may help.

thebakerboy
29-06-2014, 02:37 PM
A friend of mine got his ticket for Tynecastle for £280 and his sons is £40 , don't see how we should be charging more.

geohibby
29-06-2014, 02:46 PM

it really is astonishing to read some posts on here,
i dont post much but im on here often to read whats going
on and enjoy the rumours BUT people dont want to pay
the money on new st but they complain like when
we dont make the big signings, the mcfadden's etc
where do you think the money comes from to get these
players?? its mostly st sales.
when we make our signings for the season ahead and
there not good enough etc dont bitch and moan
because about it, go out and get you st and put your
money into the club we all love, i have

My_Wife_Camille
29-06-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm not really bothered about the price of the tickets but I think that every season ticket holder should have been given the option. Send a from to every season ticket holder and they can choose if they want a full refund, partial refund or nothing back. If the club dont recieve a response by August 9th then it will be assumed that the holder does not want a refund and they will continue as normal.

Personally, the price doesn't bother me but I'll really need to hope that they can re-introduce the payment plan or I wont be able to afford one for this year at all.

Ozyhibby
29-06-2014, 03:03 PM
it really is astonishing to read some posts on here,
i dont post much but im on here often to read whats going
on and enjoy the rumours BUT people dont want to pay
the money on new st but they complain like when
we dont make the big signings, the mcfadden's etc
where do you think the money comes from to get these
players?? its mostly st sales.
when we make our signings for the season ahead and
there not good enough etc dont bitch and moan
because about it, go out and get you st and put your
money into the club we all love, i have

You are correct but there has been a breakdown in trust between the support and the board. We have been supplying the board with more money than most of our competitors yet they have not been spending it well and we now have a worse team than Ross County (last year we had more season ticket holders than people who live in Dingwall).
Understandably people are deciding to wait and see if the club are going to change their ways or are they asking us to throw good money after bad?
So far they have no articulated to the fans exactly how the new structure works or signed any players for the new season.
So you are right to say that the club needs the fans to buy tickets to fund the team but it works both ways, they have to show us a clear plan for improvement that won't see our cash wasted.

geohibby
29-06-2014, 03:20 PM
agreed, the way im looking at it is if LD is fully in charge of the day to day running of the club then im fully behind her and Stubbs, we dont have the time to wait and see the 'clear plan' of the future, im going to trust LD until she gives me a reason not to, we are desperate for new players NOW not in a couple of weeks, we need the funds in now or we can wright off another season

Jack
29-06-2014, 03:24 PM
A friend of mine got his ticket for Tynecastle for £280 and his sons is £40 , don't see how we should be charging more.

Where about in the crumbling stadium is that?

I suspect they will be crap seats, right down the front. Even our down at the front seats have a better view than theirs. And that's part of the problem when comparing, there's no crap cheap seats at ER.

SMAXXA
29-06-2014, 03:29 PM
agreed, the way im looking at it is if LD is fully in charge of the day to day running of the club then im fully behind her and Stubbs, we dont have the time to wait and see the 'clear plan' of the future, im going to trust LD until she gives me a reason not to, we are desperate for new players NOW not in a couple of weeks, we need the funds in now or we can wright off another season

Good post

offshorehibby
29-06-2014, 03:47 PM

You've probably picked both extremes to make your point. Hibs highest with the cup top up and their cheapest probably a parent and child ticket.

I've just looked and a ticket for the weatfeild, bang on the centre is £410 dearer than a Hibs ST in a similar in the East.

Before the ST prices were removed from the Hibs site what was a parent and child ticket.

If your going to do comparison, compare like for like and don't cherry pick.

Beefster
29-06-2014, 03:56 PM

The equivalent of my seat at PBS is £410. £450 after the middle of July.

Incidentally, if your age is accurate, you should be paying much less than £280 anyway.

WestStandMoaner
29-06-2014, 04:06 PM

You make a good point about trusting LD until she gives you a reason not to but you cannot blame the fans for not wanting to buy a season ticket after the crap we have watched for the last few seasons. Petrie does not help because many fans see him as the problem, I also think the season ticket price is too high but no just at Hibs but all Scottish football.

I will be investing my money in Hibs tomorrow when I buy two season tickets for my son and myself. A week ago I was not going to buy a ST until Petrie was gone but why should i let that man stop me going to watch the team I have followed all my life

I like what I have been hearing from Stubbs but the prove will be in the signings we make, therefore I hope my money will be spent on quality signings

PETRIE OUT

Keith_M
29-06-2014, 04:08 PM
A thread on Season Ticket prices next season...

Anyone else got a feeling of deja-vu?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285545-Season-tickets

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285978-Season-ticket-pricing

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285824-Season-Ticket-Prices-Added-perks-for-those-already-renewed

PatHead
29-06-2014, 04:33 PM

The other problem Hearts have is that all seasons had to be paid cash up front as they had no credit facilities. I don't think a credit card could even be used. Additionally if they had charged full prices a lot of supporters would stop contributing to FoH and their business plan would be screwed.

In answer to the OP Leeann is making an announcement early this week. I expect no reduction and a 6 month payment plan

macd123
29-06-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm not really bothered about the price of the tickets but I think that every season ticket holder should have been given the option. Send a from to every season ticket holder and they can choose if they want a full refund, partial refund or nothing back. If the club dont recieve a response by August 9th then it will be assumed that the holder does not want a refund and they will continue as normal.

Personally, the price doesn't bother me but I'll really need to hope that they can re-introduce the payment plan or I wont be able to afford one for this year at all.

I agree. We need the cash this season more than ever and no point reducing it for those that are happy to pay. Letting people apply for a discount would be a good move.

ackeygraham
29-06-2014, 06:37 PM
As said in a previous post is we should have a few options such as low, mid, top range of ticket for each stand. That way the fan can choose how much they want to contribute this season.

If a top end sale, ala last season price then each one sold the difference between the low and high should be guaranteed to be spent on transfers. Already were well behind in time and players and if we really have ambition of getting out this league first time then need to spend.

silverhibee
29-06-2014, 06:53 PM

There is already funds in the kitty to buy players, do you think Hibs have sold no ST yet, the money is there, it's just finding players in our budget that could be the problem.

geohibby
29-06-2014, 07:03 PM
You make a good point about trusting LD until she gives you a reason not to but you cannot blame the fans for not wanting to buy a season ticket after the crap we have watched for the last few seasons. Petrie does not help because many fans see him as the problem, I also think the season ticket price is too high but no just at Hibs but all Scottish football.

I will be investing my money in Hibs tomorrow when I buy two season tickets for my son and myself. A week ago I was not going to buy a ST until Petrie was gone but why should i let that man stop me going to watch the team I have followed all my life

I like what I have been hearing from Stubbs but the prove will be in the signings we make, therefore I hope my money will be spent on quality signings

PETRIE OUT

petrie is and always will be a tool, im not going to let the reptilr
takeaway my passion for hibs, we have seen the worst
he can do and were still all here supporting the best
team on the planet, its a new era with LD and Stubbs,
looking forward to seeing who we bring in

Hibercelona
29-06-2014, 07:10 PM
There is already funds in the kitty to buy players, do you think Hibs have sold no ST yet, the money is there, it's just finding players in our budget that could be the problem.

Finding players to compete at that level within our budget shouldn't pose any problems. If it does, then the problem isn't with the budget itself.

geohibby
29-06-2014, 07:40 PM

yes i know there is cash there, unfortunately they use that money
to run the club, not just to sign new players

silverhibee
29-06-2014, 07:57 PM
yes i know there is cash there, unfortunately they use that money
to run the club, not just to sign new players

Thought all ST money went towards the managers budget.

jodjam
29-06-2014, 08:08 PM

PETRIE OUT

So you are renewing at last mr p. I can just hear the moans when Livvy win a corner on the opening day :)

geohibby
29-06-2014, 08:34 PM

well i would have thought first and foremost that the club
has to survive, the club needs money to pay the bills
like the rest of us

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2014, 08:45 PM

It does, not used for the every day running of the club as suggested.

silverhibee
29-06-2014, 08:57 PM
well i would have thought first and foremost that the club
has to survive, the club needs money to pay the bills
like the rest of us

Think that comes from advertising and the likes.

monktonharp
29-06-2014, 11:10 PM
They see the 'best players in the country' steamroller every team each week... Hardly worth an extra £55... Not saying ours is money well
Spent but it's far more value because of the excitement plus 4 cat A games than beating every side without breaking sweat!right then. on that basis, you'd not be happy to see Hibernian beating all and sundry with the best in the land, so you would not pay top dollar because all the rest are keek.is that what you mean?

monktonharp
29-06-2014, 11:13 PM
I think including all cup games is maybe the way to go and offering a refund to all who have bought a cup top up.
A further guarantee of a price freeze for the next three seasons may help.that would be good, considering that we are in 3 cup competitions this year:rolleyes:

aunty joyce
29-06-2014, 11:28 PM

My brothers neighbour has renewed at Tynecastle (possibly in the same grouping as your friend going by the price) and his seat is only £20 cheaper than it was last season, so they aren't getting any great reductions it's just that in some areas of their hell hole of a stadium they couldn't realistically ask for more money.
:hibees

hibs4thecup1988
30-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Open up the payment plan and hibs to run it seeing as zebra are useless

Free cup games

Free home strip

Sorted

RIP
30-06-2014, 07:01 AM
An awfy lot of Yamlike posts on here taking about THE CLUB and how THEY are charging fans money.

It's our club funded by our supporters money which is spent paying for our players. Our playing budget is funded by us

HH81
30-06-2014, 07:16 AM
An awfy lot of Yamlike posts on here taking about THE CLUB and how THEY are charging fans money.

It's our club funded by our supporters money which is spent paying for our players. Our playing budget is funded by us

So everyone who thinks the club is ripping fans off is a yam?

Islington Hibs
30-06-2014, 08:55 AM
If the club keeps prices at £355/405 they have made a big mistake. It may well be that 'soundings' suggests that fans don't want a cut but these 'soundings' will have been taken from the most committed fans. 7 years ago we had 11000 seasons, I have no idea how many we have sold to dte but I may well be under 4000. While I have every sympathy for Leeann and Stubbs the reality is the support is seriously 'pissed off.' Ultimately a winning team will see the numbers back but no olive branch, after such a cock up, is liable to mean very few more tickets are sold especial as the team is such an unknown quantity.

Keith_M
30-06-2014, 08:59 AM
I have no idea how many we have sold to date but I may well be under 4000.

Just over 5,500, as of last week.

Ozyhibby
30-06-2014, 09:01 AM

Over recent seasons the club and the fans have become very distant. It has felt very 'them' and 'us'.
I don't think that has been the fault of the fans.

Islington Hibs
30-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Just over 5,500, as of last week.

that is quite encouraging. Looking at the stadium span look pretty spare however- I that number confirmed?

RIP
30-06-2014, 12:12 PM
So everyone who thinks the club is ripping fans off is a yam?

What makes you say that? Very odd!

Keith_M
30-06-2014, 12:14 PM
that is quite encouraging. Looking at the stadium span look pretty spare however- I that number confirmed?

That was the number given by the club at a meeting last week.

RIP
30-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Over recent seasons the club and the fans have become very distant. It has felt very 'them' and 'us'.
I don't think that has been the fault of the fans.

There is no doubt that the business model got too corporate. Most of that was due to being managed by a remote chairman with his PR company managing supporter communications.

Notwithstanding all of that we should not be describing these guys as the club. The club is us. All of us. They are merely temporary custodians on their way out.

Keith_M
30-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Notwithstanding all of that we should not be describing these guys as the club. The club is us. All of us. They are merely temporary custodians on their way out.

Perhaps, but it's just nit-picking to suggest a Hibs fan can't refer to Hibs, The Board, The Team, et al as 'The Club'

puff the dragon
30-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I hope when the announcement is made those that renewed early get the option of a refund as I'll be taking it. I will no longer allow Petrie to waste anymore money at this club.

The fact he still has a say in board votes etc is all the evidence i need that this utter failure of a human being still pulls the strings at easter road.

Once this failure has left the club i will then give them it back.

It's sad for me that it has come to this but it is the only thing that parasite Petrie will understand.

Peevemor
30-06-2014, 12:34 PM
I hope when the announcement is made those that renewed early get the option of a refund as I'll be taking it. I will no longer allow Petrie to waste anymore money at this club.

The fact he still has a say in board votes etc is all the evidence i need that this utter failure of a human being still pulls the strings at easter road.

Once this failure has left the club i will then give them it back.

It's sad for me that it has come to this but it is the only thing that parasite Petrie will understand.

:coffee:

puff the dragon
30-06-2014, 12:40 PM
:coffee:

you choose to sit back while the club dies under his stewardship, i'll try do something.

Each to their own.

Peevemor
30-06-2014, 12:43 PM
you choose to sit back while the club dies under his stewardship, i'll try do something.

Each to their own.

Yeah, and the club won't die if people stop giving them money right enough. :rolleyes:

While we're at it, would you class me as an "utter failure of a human being"?

hibbysam
30-06-2014, 12:45 PM
right then. on that basis, you'd not be happy to see Hibernian beating all and sundry with the best in the land, so you would not pay top dollar because all the rest are keek.is that what you mean?

That's not what I said at all... But the Celtic fans themselves have voted with there feet, they want excitement not a guaranteed win every week, there's a reason they sell out champions league games but don't half fill stadium every other week! They know the league is won so won't 'waste' there money... I'd rather pay £55 less for what I'm getting just now than what they're getting as part of there deal! Celtic have won the league before a ball is kicked every year that fans will pick and choose games rather than buy a season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2014, 01:02 PM
petrie is and always will be a tool, im not going to let the reptilr
takeaway my passion for hibs, we have seen the worst
he can do and were still all here supporting the best
team on the planet, its a new era with LD and Stubbs,
looking forward to seeing who we bring in

That doesnae even rhyme! :-)

puff the dragon
30-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Yeah, and the club won't die if people stop giving them money right enough. :rolleyes:

While we're at it, would you class me as an "utter failure of a human being"?

yes Rod

Peevemor
30-06-2014, 01:12 PM
yes Rod

It took you nearly half an hour to come up with that? :aok:

silverhibee
30-06-2014, 01:14 PM
It took you nearly half an hour to come up with that? :aok:

Rod told you to say that.

2 minutes.

Peevemor
30-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Rod told you to say that.

2 minutes.

:greengrin

RIP
30-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Perhaps, but it's just nit-picking to suggest a Hibs fan can't refer to Hibs, The Board, The Team, et al as 'The Club'

Not pick away K. They weren't referring to us all as the club.

They were using the phrase the club when they only meant management. I can see you understand the difference.