PDA

View Full Version : Vale of Leithen v Hibernian 5th July - Thank You!!!

valeofleithenfc
28-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Guys

Just want to say a big thanks in Hibs agreeing to play us on the 5th July 3pm ko, our club is just managing to survive and stay open and hopefully with your support we might see our 125 years in 2 years time. I was born in Leith and grew up as a Hibby so this is a massive game for my club and me. Sky Sports have agreed to film the match, for myself I hope Alan Stubbs brings back the good times to Easter Road.
Hopefully see you next Sat.. ( Lammy ) Vale Manager - thanks again!!! Tickets are now on sale £ 7 adults & £ 3 kids

Jonnyboy
28-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Guys

Just want to say a big thanks in Hibs agreeing to play us on the 5th July 3pm ko, our club is just managing to survive and stay open and hopefully with your support we might see our 125 years in 2 years time. I was born in Leith and grew up as a Hibby so this is a massive game for my club and me. Sky Sports have agreed to film the match, for myself I hope Alan Stubbs brings back the good times to Easter Road.
Hopefully see you next Sat.. ( Lammy ) Vale Manager - thanks again!!! Tickets are now on sale £ 7 adults & £ 3 kids

Good man Lammy :thumbsup: Will it be all ticket?

SaulGoodman
28-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Didn't realise how big a game it would be for Vale. Will try my best to get down now!

KdyHby
28-06-2014, 07:31 PM
3 of us travelling down in my car, is there a clubhouse, 50/50 tickets etc; happy to help your cause.

oconnors_strip
28-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Can't wait for this game. Good set up at vale and a decent wee team, think a lot of hibees will make the trip

valeofleithenfc
28-06-2014, 07:37 PM
tickets are on sale from monday morning 8am -3pm everday chequers cafe bilston glen business centre, Bilston and shops in Innerleithen. I believe you can pay at the gate but the Police might limit our numbers, our sponsor the Union Club 500 yards from the ground is open from noon, cheap cheap and both teams will go back for food after the match, again a big thanks!!!

Golden Bear
28-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Do Peebles based Hibbies get in for free or are we expected to pay double?

oconnors_strip
28-06-2014, 07:43 PM
tickets are on sale from monday morning 8am -3pm everday chequers cafe bilston glen business centre, Bilston and shops in Innerleithen. I believe you can pay at the gate but the Police might limit our numbers, our sponsor the Union Club 500 yards from the ground is open from noon, cheap cheap and both teams will go back for food after the match, again a big thanks!!!

How many does the ground hold?

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 08:01 PM
How many does the ground hold?

1,500 apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vale_of_Leithen_F.C.

valeofleithenfc
28-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Ground holds 1400

I live in Peebles so give me a shout and you can get in for the same price, if you had lived in Gorgie it might be treble!!!

Bostonhibby
28-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Good luck to the Vale, go easy on us, maybe put the second string out? :greengrin

SaulGoodman
28-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Ground holds 1400

I live in Peebles so give me a shout and you can get in for the same price, if you had lived in Gorgie it might be treble!!!

Here's a tip, lump high balls towards our defence and yous will score for fun :greengrin

DC_Hibs
28-06-2014, 08:20 PM
This could maybe be the start of links between the two clubs and maybe a feeder club arrangement.

We'll start by taking one of your keepers.

SteveHFC
28-06-2014, 08:22 PM
This could maybe be the start of links between the two clubs and maybe a feeder club arrangement.

We'll start by taking two of your keepers.

FTFY mate :greengrin

SmashinGlass
28-06-2014, 09:02 PM
I assume that we'll be able to get tickets for a standing area? Reason I ask is that my son was complaining to me recently that he's never been to a game where he can stand and he wants to go to one. I've said I'd take him to this game to give him a taste of it :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Day return ticket on the Firstbus 62 should do the trick, not sure about the price of the ticket though.

Golden Bear
28-06-2014, 09:20 PM
I assume that we'll be able to get tickets for a standing area? Reason I ask is that my son was complaining to me recently that he's never been to a game where he can stand and he wants to go to one. I've said I'd take him to this game to give him a taste of it :thumbsup:

It's nearly all standing at Victoria Park, Innerleithen so he'll enjoy the freedom to roam !

Golden Bear
28-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Day return ticket on the Firstbus 62 should do the trick, not sure about the price of the ticket though.

A 20 minute service now leaving from Waterloo Place as opposed to St Andrew Square.

FranckSuzy
28-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Looking forward to this already :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
28-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Guys

Can't get down for this one mate, but I will make sure someone brings my £7 (oh I love that number) down for a donation to your club:thumbsup:

SmashinGlass
28-06-2014, 10:03 PM
It's nearly all standing at Victoria Park, Innerleithen so he'll enjoy the freedom to roam !

Excellent. He'll be delighted :thumbsup:

EdinMike
29-06-2014, 06:42 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make the game, but I'll hand over some money for my 'ticket'

You can pretend you are them lot and add numbers to your gate with all the donations !!

All the best !! :top marks

brog
29-06-2014, 06:47 AM
What a lovely thread, am I on the right board? :greengrin Seriously, good luck to the Vale & hopefully we'll have a keeper by then!

EdinMike
29-06-2014, 06:59 AM
What a lovely thread, am I on the right board? :greengrin Seriously, good luck to the Vale & hopefully we'll have a keeper by then!

I've been practising my close range shot-blocks and mid-air calls !

You know you can't shout "mine" anymore, never understood why...

Nevi_SOL
29-06-2014, 07:10 AM

Oh aye forgot about the keeper situation is pentrou still on our books?

GGTTH

Leithenhibby
29-06-2014, 07:21 AM

Think it's around £11 return.

I may have to walk to this one though :wink:

KdyHby
29-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Is it much of a walk from Traquair House Brewery to the ground?

valeofleithenfc
29-06-2014, 07:49 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make the game, but I'll hand over some money for my 'ticket'

You can pretend you are them lot and add numbers to your gate with all the donations !!

All the best !! :top marks

Seriously it much appreciated thank you

ps why not bring back budgie for this match ?

Forza Fred
29-06-2014, 08:01 AM
When I was back in 2005 Frank Dougan drove me down for the pre season friendly against Vale where I was introduced to the delights of Amadou Konte!

He was even out his depth against this opposition where I think Tom Morrow scored 6 gols in a 7-0 victory.

Mate of mine, and fellow Hibby George Hall is an ex caption of Vale, and I think was their skipper when they had some success

IanM
29-06-2014, 08:20 AM
I can't make the game but would like to donate my 7 bucks - pretty sure there's a few of is that would like to do the same..

Pretty sure someone could set up some kinda PayPal thing for us fans that can't make it but want to pay anyway?

We all know how to rally round when it's our club, be nice to help others

Keith_M
29-06-2014, 08:35 AM

He's gonna enjoy the upcoming season then, plenty of terracing available.

Wait till he sees The Recs and Central Park! :wink:

Leithenhibby
29-06-2014, 09:01 AM

I'd guess around a mile and a bit. Easy walk, but that may change depending on you choice of ale.. :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
29-06-2014, 09:05 AM
What a great post ..... And deserving of a nice wee Hibby turnout for their Club.

GGTTH

Scònaldò
29-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I can't make the game but would like to donate my 7 bucks - pretty sure there's a few of is that would like to do the same..

Pretty sure someone could set up some kinda PayPal thing for us fans that can't make it but want to pay anyway?

Where were you when hearts needed help :confused:

:greengrin

norhfc
29-06-2014, 09:55 AM
As its the only Hibs game on when I,m back on holiday I,ll be there +3.
Nice to hear its for a good cause too, makes it all the more reason to travel
to game. :agree:

KdyHby
29-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I'd guess around a mile and a bit. Easy walk, but that may change depending on you choice of ale.. :greengrin

Thanks.

29-06-2014, 10:24 AM

Great idea. I'm still unsure whether or not ill be able to make it or not but either way i'd love to help their cause and give a wee donation to them.

Alfred E Newman
29-06-2014, 11:57 AM

About a mile . However it's only a couple of minutes from the Traquair Arms!!

valeofleithenfc
29-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Great idea. I'm still unsure whether or not ill be able to make it or not but either way i'd love to help their cause and give a wee donation to them.

I've been told that our Club Website Guru will offer the facility later today that you can go on and Donate.

A big thanks to all the Hibs supporters , make sure you come up during or after the game and let me know who you are as I would like to personally shake your hand and say thanks - Lammy

FranckSuzy
29-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I've been told that our Club Website Guru will offer the facility later today that you can go on and Donate.

A big thanks to all the Hibs supporters , make sure you come up during or after the game and let me know who you are as I would like to personally shake your hand and say thanks - Lammy

:thumbsup: You may be there some time by the sound of it :greengrin Looking forward to it :aok:

Sean1875
29-06-2014, 01:44 PM
myself and a couple of the boys hopeful of heading down, looking forward to the game and helping the cause!

Leith_Hibee
29-06-2014, 01:50 PM

I'll not be putting any money into Vale of Leithen, our collaboration is with Spartans, not the Vale...

Only joking gaffer, I'll be there :)

hibbybrian
29-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Guys

Hibs played in the opening match of the "new" Ground on 5th September 1921 :wink:

SanFranHibs
29-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Looking forward to this already :thumbsup:

Man City out! Vale of Leithen IN !!!

:flag:

Jack
29-06-2014, 03:29 PM

Your reply to my private message was blank!

SMAXXA
29-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Man City out! Vale of Leithen IN !!!

:flag:

Stubbs out lamby in. Is it vale or berwick young team that's actually playing hibs? :wink:

valeofleithenfc
29-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Your reply to my private message was blank!

sorry me and computers don't get on!! I've taken you advice and registered just waiting on the green light

cheers

valeofleithenfc
29-06-2014, 03:46 PM
I'll not be putting any money into Vale of Leithen, our collaboration is with Spartans, not the Vale...

Only joking gaffer, I'll be there :) who's that ?

valeofleithenfc
29-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Stubbs out lamby in. Is it vale or berwick young team that's actually playing hibs? :wink:

only 8 of the berwick young boys signed on with me this season and the backroom staff

offshorehibby
29-06-2014, 05:37 PM
All i need to do is talk Mrs OS for a wee bus trip down to Innerleithen.

SmashinGlass
29-06-2014, 05:39 PM
He's gonna enjoy the upcoming season then, plenty of terracing available.

Wait till he sees The Recs and Central Park! :wink:

Yeah, I've said to him. It's a shame that there's far less grounds with terracing now than there were back in 98-99. Still, he'll get his wish in at least a couple :greengrin

offshorehibby
29-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Is there anywhere that does a nice bar meal down there.

Jumbo
29-06-2014, 06:09 PM

There is the Traquair Arms, just opposite the street up to Victoria Park, also not sure if aforementioned Union Club does them ?

Iggy Pope
29-06-2014, 06:15 PM
When I was back in 2005 Frank Dougan drove me down for the pre season friendly against Vale where I was introduced to the delights of Amadou Konte!

He was even out his depth against this opposition where I think Tom Morrow scored 6 gols in a 7-0 victory.

Mate of mine, and fellow Hibby George Hall is an ex caption of Vale, and I think was their skipper when they had some success

I was at that game and don't remember Sam scoring so many....I seem to recall Steven Fletcher doing a bit of damage in that game though?

We've been back since then as well and I am looking forward to this.

down-the-slope
29-06-2014, 08:25 PM
popped down one before last pre-season when young squad played there - decent Hibs turn out and a good welcome from the locals. Love belting down from Heriot via the golf course road for the scenery / adrenalin rush

Golden Bear
29-06-2014, 08:30 PM

A bigger choice available in Peebles (6 miles away) so you would be as well stopping there.

oconnors_strip
29-06-2014, 08:40 PM

There is a nice wee cafe with great food and home baking called the whistle stop it's on the main road just along from the street where the ground is

offshorehibby
30-06-2014, 07:17 AM
Would need to treat Mrs OS before i disappear to game. I take it Vale have a social club. I would be coming down by bus so Peebles might not be best idea, then again, i wouldn't imagine a taxi would cost much.

The union club sounds good with my avatar and signature.

valeofleithenfc
30-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Would need to treat Mrs OS before i disappear to game. I take it Vale have a social club. I would be coming down by bus so Peebles might not be best idea, then again, i wouldn't imagine a taxi would cost much.

The union club sounds good with my avatar and signature.

The Union Club is our official after match sponsor with a great atmosphere and all welcome. As previous comments there is loads of good food bars in Peebles and Innerleithen.

offshorehibby
30-06-2014, 08:14 AM
The Union Club is our official after match sponsor with a great atmosphere and all welcome. As previous comments there is loads of good food bars in Peebles and Innerleithen.

i take it a taxi between Peebles and Innerleithan isn't much

KdyHby
30-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Seems to be a few foodie options: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g1129826-Innerleithen_Scottish_Borders_Scotland.html

St Ronan's Hotel has a beer garden: http://www.innerleithen.org.uk/services-directory/food-and-drink/pubs

valeofleithenfc
30-06-2014, 08:35 AM
i take it a taxi between Peebles and Innerleithan isn't much probably about £ 6-7, remember some good places in innerleithen

offshorehibby
30-06-2014, 08:45 AM
probably about £ 6-7, remember some good places in innerleithen

Already looking at a wee overnight stay i Innerlethen.

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2014, 10:16 AM
There are 4 pubs ( Traquair Arms, Tweedside Hotel, The St Ronan's and The Corner House ) within 5 - 10 mins walk of the park of which the Traquair Arms and Corner House definitely do bar meals.

The Union club is nearest to the park. The social club ( Vale club ) is at the top of the high street, but is members only as I recall, not sure if that's relaxed for visiting fans.

There are at least 2 Cafes in the high street.

If there is a mountain biking event on be prepared to fight for space with dozens of sweaty cyclists.

valeofleithenfc
30-06-2014, 12:41 PM
There are 4 pubs ( Traquair Arms, Tweedside Hotel, The St Ronan's and The Corner House ) within 5 - 10 mins walk of the park of which the Traquair Arms and Corner House definitely do bar meals.

The Union club is nearest to the park. The social club ( Vale club ) is at the top of the high street, but is members only as I recall, not sure if that's relaxed for visiting fans.

There are at least 2 Cafes in the high street.

If there is a mountain biking event on be prepared to fight for space with dozens of sweaty cyclists.

That's a good shout on the above, the Union Club is ran by Hibs season ticket holder ( Allan ) and he's sponsoring our match so he's asked me tell the supporters their all welcome before and after the match, just been told over a 100 tickets went within a hour this morning at Chequers Cafe Bilston so again a big thank you

silverhibee
30-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Will we have a goalie by then or should i bring my gloves just to be on the safe side.

SteveHFC
30-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Will we have a goalie by then or should i bring my gloves just to be on the safe side.

I could start in goals but I'll be utterly useless :greengrin

silverhibee
30-06-2014, 01:30 PM
I could start in goals but I'll be utterly useless :greengrin

You can be sub goalie then, goalie coach will get the pies in for us. :greengrin

hibseleven
30-06-2014, 01:38 PM
get Potty78 to go in goals. Was a dab hand for Tweeddale back in the day. Then pints in the Green Tree in Peebles after!

Potty78
30-06-2014, 02:04 PM
get Potty78 to go in goals. Was a dab hand for Tweeddale back in the day. Then pints in the Green Tree in Peebles after!

I wouldn't play behind that defence ha. Tree pints definitely though:)

WestCoastHibby
30-06-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm away down to Inners on my bike to get a ticket later on. There's plenty boozers in Innerleithen will welcome the trade on Saturday, Union Club ( sign in ), Traquair Hotel ( decent food ) Tweedside , St Ronans, and Corner house ( Chinese next door ) Chip shop, Indian, Co-Op and I reckon there might be mobile catering there too.
Last time I saw Hibs v VoL was A.McLeish as manager and Nick Colgan had just signed. Happier days.....

Nevi_SOL
30-06-2014, 04:06 PM
What's the chances of a few trialist?

GGTTH

Golden Bear
30-06-2014, 04:11 PM
What's the chances of a few trialist?

GGTTH

A certainty.

I'd wager we'll also have a few "A. N. Others" and a sprinkling of "A. Newman's" just to complete the line up.

coco22
30-06-2014, 06:32 PM
A certainty.

I'd wager we'll also have a few "A. N. Others" and a sprinkling of "A. Newman's" just to complete the line up.

Heading down to peebles at the weekend so will be heading to the game with your fine self and my old boy I believe! Onwards and upwards....

will be be interesting to see the team sheetteam sheet

Potty78
30-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Lamby is the game still on? Rumour has it u don't have any strips:). Going with the old man so make sure u have us sorted for tickets:)

valeofleithenfc
30-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Lamby is the game still on? Rumour has it u don't have any strips:). Going with the old man so make sure u have us sorted for tickets:)

I was offered maroon strips today but thankfully the new home strips arrived via the new sponsor.

Your Dad has 2 tickets on the way to him he said can he get them for nothing as it's your 40th on the Sunday so if I don't get the chance happy 40th auld yin :na na:

EdinMike
30-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Are there any particular places in Bilston i can get tickets I might be in that area this week ! Means I can come down on Saturday and take a seat on the Hibs bench as A. Trialist :greengrin

SmashinGlass
30-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Are there any particular places in Bilston i can get tickets I might be in that area this week ! Means I can come down on Saturday and take a seat on the Hibs bench as A. Trialist :greengrin

Chequers cafe apparently, in the industrial estate. I'm popping in there tomorrow morning to pick up a couple

Potty78
30-06-2014, 09:15 PM
[haQUOTE=valeofleithenfc;4081370]I was offered maroon strips today but thankfully the new home strips arrived via the new sponsor.

Your Dad has 2 tickets on the way to him he said can he get them for nothing as it's your 40th on the Sunday so if I don't get the chance happy 40th auld yin :na na:[/QUOTE]ha ha me 40. No yet. I'll pay for tickets too. Save the vale and all that:)

hibseleven
30-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Chequers cafe is not in Bilston it's in Loanhead. Bilston Glen Industrial Estate. Across the road from my work.

valeofleithenfc
30-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Chequers cafe is not in Bilston it's in Loanhead. Bilston Glen Industrial Estate. Across the road from my work.

Tickets are on sale from 7am until 3pm

EdinMike
01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Got a ticket ! Can't wait !! considering I couldn't make it last week this is a great turn of events !

KdyHby
01-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Any update on ticket sales VoL?

Golden Bear
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM

No idea but I'm absolutely certain that a pay at the gate facility will be available on the day.

At least I think so.

:wink:

ManBearPig
01-07-2014, 06:45 PM

no prizes for guessing where you work then ;-)

SmashinGlass
01-07-2014, 07:28 PM

I picked up 2 this morning. They were numbered 359/360 (or 349/350). Can't quite remember and I don't now have them on me. Not even sure if the numbers are an indication of sales, but if they are, that was the number at around 9am today

Iceman1875
01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Rumour has it there will be around 1000 there Saturday

At Easter Road we play...

HappyAsHellas
01-07-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm going on Saturday with my daughter who is heavily pregnant. She wants to know if it'll be OK to take a folding garden chair in with her as she doesn't know if she'll be able to stand for the full game. Is this OK, sorry about asking, bloody women eh?

Cameron1875
01-07-2014, 10:14 PM
What is all this ticket talk?
Is the match all ticket or just people playing it safe incase 1000 or so turn up on Saturday?

valeofleithenfc
01-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm going on Saturday with my daughter who is heavily pregnant. She wants to know if it'll be OK to take a folding garden chair in with her as she doesn't know if she'll be able to stand for the full game. Is this OK, sorry about asking, bloody women eh?

Tell her to bring the folding chair and any problems at the gate get the security to ask for me or she's welcome to sit in the dugout but she might need paracetamol listening to my chat!!

valeofleithenfc
01-07-2014, 10:41 PM
What is all this ticket talk?
Is the match all ticket or just people playing it safe incase 1000 or so turn up on Saturday?

current ticket sales are sitting at just over 500, there will be a cash gate but again your guaranteed entry if you have a ticket, the ticket numbers are not in any order as it's standing only cheers lammy

edinburghhibee
01-07-2014, 11:47 PM
If it's a nice day the drive down from Edinburgh to Innerleithen is brilliant, country roads through the hills then through the golf course brilliant wee drive. Oh and there's a cracking ice cream shop my old man used to take me to on the Main Street too!!

Hope this is the beginning of us looking up!!

monktonharp
01-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Guys

Hopefully see you next Sat.. ( Lammy ) Vale Manager - thanks again!!! Tickets are now on sale £ 7 adults & £ 3 kids I was doing a house clearance, a couple of years ago and I came across an old east of Scotland cup trophy which looked as if it had been in a fire! I polished it up, and gave it to a fellow Hibby, who said he would forward it to the club involved. I am sure it was inscribed "vale of leithen". can you confirm? the man I gave it to was Dougie Johnstone, and a lot of people on here will know him. I'm sure Dougie was going to pass it to a local fitba' journo who would pass it on. there was also a team picture, but I'm sure it was of Duns united/athletic or something like that and apparently they had folded/reformed and still operated. Dougie and I agreed, that the trophy should go back to the club it belonged (while having several beers) and I hope it is with them, or your club.

monktonharp
01-07-2014, 11:51 PM
If it's a nice day the drive down from Edinburgh to Innerleithen is brilliant, country roads through the hills then through the golf course brilliant wee drive. Oh and there's a cracking ice cream shop my old man used to take me to on the Main Street too!!

Hope this is the beginning of us looking up!!the rolling hills o' the borders.

hibseleven
02-07-2014, 07:33 AM
no prizes for guessing where you work then ;-)

haha, not at ze Police Station! Stevenswood, near the Post Office.

silverhibee
02-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Total football.

Up for that on Saturday. :greengrin

KdyHby
02-07-2014, 07:52 AM
current ticket sales are sitting at just over 500, there will be a cash gate but again your guaranteed entry if you have a ticket, the ticket numbers are not in any order as it's standing only cheers lammy

Reasonable going to sell 500 in a couple of days, will pick up 3 today from Loanhead.

valeofleithenfc
02-07-2014, 09:37 AM
I was doing a house clearance, a couple of years ago and I came across an old east of Scotland cup trophy which looked as if it had been in a fire! I polished it up, and gave it to a fellow Hibby, who said he would forward it to the club involved. I am sure it was inscribed "vale of leithen". can you confirm? the man I gave it to was Dougie Johnstone, and a lot of people on here will know him. I'm sure Dougie was going to pass it to a local fitba' journo who would pass it on. there was also a team picture, but I'm sure it was of Duns united/athletic or something like that and apparently they had folded/reformed and still operated. Dougie and I agreed, that the trophy should go back to the club it belonged (while having several beers) and I hope it is with them, or your club.

I will ask our chairman and get back to you

Boris
02-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Good to see the sales going well. Always been a good wee trip down there when U20s etc played there in past. Will you be producing a programme for the game?

Taz_hibee
02-07-2014, 11:19 AM
So as it stands we will be watching last seasons 14 players with no keeper
A big incentive to go then, what is point if not to let fans see new signings and start getting them match practise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
02-07-2014, 11:38 AM
A big incentive to go then, what is point if not to let fans see new signings and start getting them match practise

Think there will be a few "Trialists" on show for Hibs.

valeofleithenfc
02-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Good to see the sales going well. Always been a good wee trip down there when U20s etc played there in past. Will you be producing a programme for the game?

16 page colour programme has been produced for the match, 400 printed

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Dinnae let Boris buy them all! :greengrin

Ronniekirk
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM

Giving it a miss for that very reason plus am on holiday so will head away for a few days by next week I expect more Transfer activity and assisstant should be named this week you would think

Malthibby
02-07-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm going & looking forward to an all-out attacking line-up as the mighty Hibees prove that you don't need a goalie.
GG

bighairyfaeleith
02-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm going & looking forward to an all-out attacking line-up as the mighty Hibees prove that you don't need a goalie.
GG
Is there anything in the rules to say you must have a goalie?

I know it would be nuts not too but just curious

My_Wife_Camille
02-07-2014, 07:04 PM

Where do we but tickets in advance from? Can't seem to find the info!

KdyHby
02-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Where do we but tickets in advance from? Can't seem to find the info!

From an earlier post (picked up my tickets today):

tickets are on sale from 8am -3pm everday chequers cafe bilston glen business centre, Loanhead and shops in Innerleithen. I believe you can pay at the gate but the Police might limit our numbers, our sponsor the Union Club 500 yards from the ground is open from noon, cheap cheap and both teams will go back for food after the match, again a big thanks!!!

andyf5
02-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Photos from last time Hibs played VOL; https://flic.kr/p/a9v133

oconnors_strip
02-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Guys

What is access and facilities like for wheelchair users? Friend is heading down and asked about where he can go in the ground.

Malthibby
03-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Is there anything in the rules to say you must have a goalie?

I know it would be nuts not to but just curious

Sad Sack that I am, I checked, & apparently you can't play without a goalkeeper, although
we should be able to argue that when Zibby played, Hibs didn't.
GG

Matt92
03-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Hope this is the beginning of us looking up!!

:agree: Caldwells ice cream...the only rival to Lucas I have found in Scotland: sublime. They used to do their own lemonade etc too which was also rather good, not sure they do now though.

valeofleithenfc
03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
:agree: Caldwells ice cream...the only rival to Lucas I have found in Scotland: sublime. They used to do their own lemonade etc too which was also rather good, not sure they do now though.

Caldwell's official sponsor of the club... great plug on Forth 1 from Grant Stott regarding the match Saturday, I wonder if McFadden will be playing against us

KdyHby
03-07-2014, 12:15 PM
VoL, good luck tonight v Hibs' old boys. Hopefully Nish etc will be playing, and you get a good turn out.

FranckSuzy
03-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Would anyone who lives/works nearby mind getting me a couple of tickets and I'll PayPal you the cash? Don't want it to sell out :greengrin

Gala Foxes
04-07-2014, 05:04 AM
I spoke to committee members at Vale last night, club is in a pretty desperate financial position just now & desperately needs cash.

Vale is a good club who offer good hospitality - I have had a few good afternoons there, particularly in the Scottish Cup (beating Keith 3-2 a few years ago being a highlight)

Hope the Hi-bees that are going dig in and support them on their biggest pay day of the season

BACK THE VALE !!

bighairyfaeleith
04-07-2014, 05:30 AM
Sad Sack that I am, I checked, & apparently you can't play without a goalkeeper, although
we should be able to argue that when Zibby played, Hibs didn't.
GG
Brilliant cheers

We better sign a goalie today then

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Chequers Revive6 Dryden Rd
Bilston Glen, Midlothian EH20 9LZ

Vale - can I check is this the cafe / address where tickets are available?

valeofleithenfc
04-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Chequers Revive

6 Dryden Rd
Bilston Glen, Midlothian EH20 9LZ

Vale - can I check is this the cafe / address where tickets are available?

That's the place mind they do excellent food too

Cafe is open now until 3pm and I have just dropped of another 150 tickets

thanks Lammy

Jim44
04-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Would anyone who lives/works nearby mind getting me a couple of tickets and I'll PayPal you the cash? Don't want it to sell out :greengrin

Is a sell out a likelihood? I was assuming pay at the door wouldn't b a problem.

valeofleithenfc
04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Is a sell out a likelihood? I was assuming pay at the door wouldn't b a problem.

There will be a cash gate but again we need to work in line with ground capacity limits.

I will be dropping off tickets at the Union Club on Innerleithen High Street tomorrow with names on the envelope and you just pay the staff behind the bar so if want tickets just pm me with your details

Jim44
04-07-2014, 08:46 AM
There will be a cash gate but again we need to work in line with ground capacity limits.

I will be dropping off tickets at the Union Club on Innerleithen High Street tomorrow with names on the envelope and you just pay the staff behind the bar so if want tickets just pm me with your details

PM sent, thanks.

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 09:20 AM
That's the place mind they do excellent food too

Cafe is open now until 3pm and I have just dropped of another 150 tickets

thanks Lammy
Grub does look good :) - picked up tickets . Suzy got 2 for you

jdships
04-07-2014, 09:26 AM

My one lad left at EM's tells me there are "Trialists" pencilled in to play :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Grub does look good :) - picked up tickets . Suzy got 2 for you

:thumbsup: Thanks J!

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 12:04 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks J!

:aok: - I still owe £5 for KFK Leith Festival Raffle (you would not have resisted the choccy tray bakes in that place - doorstep sized :drool:)

Billy
04-07-2014, 12:08 PM
What is access and facilities like for wheelchair users? Friend is heading down and asked about where he can go in the ground.

Nikki,

The ground is quite flat with no stairs anywhere. As you come in the gate, the pitch is to the left and it's flat grass surface so very easy access for wheelchair users and carers where necessary.

silverhibee
04-07-2014, 12:14 PM
So what are the chances of PATG for tomorrow.

Looking to go but can only get there tomorrow, can't pick up tickets today, any help welcome :greengrin

Golden Bear
04-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Looking to go but can only get there tomorrow, can't pick up tickets today, any help welcome :greengrin

Personal opinion only but I'd guess that everybody who turns up tomorrow will get in without any great difficulties.

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Very good chance early on - but less so if people turn up as late as they do at ER these days :aok:

silverhibee
04-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Very good chance early on - but less so if people turn up as late as they do at ER these days :aok:

When i get there, possibly early will i be able to buy tickets then, and then go for a few shandies.

silverhibee
04-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Would help if i know where i am going, any travel tips how to get there, driving by car.

Leithenhibby
04-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Would help if i know where i am going, any travel tips how to get there, driving by car.

Heading down from Edinbra the quickest way is Hill End to Peebles, turn left at roundabout and once you enter Inners (6 mile approx) take the second left.... :wink:

Or just follow the crowd :greengrin

Gorebridge Hibb
04-07-2014, 01:20 PM

Hi there sent a PM asking for 1 adult and 1 concession (my dad is 74)
Many thanks

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 03:33 PM

Enjoy a bit of unspoilt countryside and its the most direct route (most of last 10 miles is only 1.5 'lanes' wide) and enjoy the experience at the end of driving through the golf course....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview?ie=UTF-8&gl=uk&daddr=Innerleithen,+Scottish+Borders,+UK&saddr=Sheriffhall+Roundabout,+Dalkeith+EH22+1RU,+U K&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&geocode=KfPHS4MzuYdIMUfJLOPg_HAU%3BKV0bxTFLjIdIMcg Uv-56Rmuh&dirflg=d&ei=LMm2U5OLKoHA7Abq8YDwDg&ved=0CCAQ-A8wAA

Iggy Pope
04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Enjoy a bit of unspoilt countryside and its the most direct route (most of last 10 miles is only 1.5 'lanes' wide) and enjoy the experience at the end of driving through the golf course....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview?ie=UTF-8&gl=uk&daddr=Innerleithen,+Scottish+Borders,+UK&saddr=Sheriffhall+Roundabout,+Dalkeith+EH22+1RU,+U K&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&geocode=KfPHS4MzuYdIMUfJLOPg_HAU%3BKV0bxTFLjIdIMcg Uv-56Rmuh&dirflg=d&ei=LMm2U5OLKoHA7Abq8YDwDg&ved=0CCAQ-A8wAA

That might depend on amount of said 'Shandies' partook.

edit. don't do it kids.

Last Minute
04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
PM sent about 3 tickets

andyf5
04-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Watch out for cyclists tho. Cycling down tomorrow and its a narrow road with wandering sheep.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Thought they would be keeping their dough for Latvia! :) The sheep, not the cyclists.

Potty78
04-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Bus down from peebles and a few in the union club before and after match. Looking forward to it (pints that is):)

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Argentina game at 1700, first half of the Dutch game at 2100 then last bus up the road, could get a bit Lionel! ;)

down-the-slope
04-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Watch out for cyclists tho. Cycling down tomorrow and its a narrow road with wandering sheep.

Check those brakes then...its a a free wheeling descent and a snoozing sheep might be the end of your day!

I do like to take the inside of a bend or two when i'm pushing it....I'll Toot though :wink:

valeofleithenfc
04-07-2014, 07:19 PM
PM sent about 3 tickets

Did you get the PM ?

If anyone wants tickets reserved let me know between now and 10 pm and I will stick them in envelopes for you and you can pick them up at the Union Club from Noon, the club is showing the World cup matches cheers Lammy

Leithenhibby
04-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Check those brakes then...its a a free wheeling descent and a snoozing sheep might be the end of your day!

I do like to take the inside of a bend or two when i'm pushing it....I'll Toot though :wink:

:greengrin In the rain!!........... :aok:

FranckSuzy
04-07-2014, 10:59 PM
:aok: - I still owe £5 for KFK Leith Festival Raffle (you would not have resisted the choccy tray bakes in that place - doorstep sized :drool:)

Forgot about that :greengrin Nice one, cheers! And no, I wouldn't have been able to, no doubt :tee hee:

silverhibee
04-07-2014, 11:14 PM
What's the weather to be like down there tomorrow.

Turkish Green
05-07-2014, 12:36 AM
Will there be trialists playing? Any surprises?

Zondervan
05-07-2014, 06:26 AM
What's the weather to be like down there tomorrow.

Chance of scattered showers! Was meant to be hammering down overnight but looks like the storm moved out over the North Sea.

Cheers,
M Fish

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 07:48 AM
To excited for this game. It's mouth watering.
No new signings to think about just the same old faces that got us relegated.
Golf for me today then bbq to watch Argentina v Belgium.

Hopefully Hibs have enough in the tank to beat the Vale

Shame on you. Imagine not even contemplating making the journey up from Southampton to watch a prestigious pre season friendly like this one.

Some folk eh?

:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Just jumped on the bus at Waterloo Place, nobody else on it (except the driver), should be a nice wee day out though.

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Chance of scattered showers! Was meant to be hammering down overnight but looks like the storm moved out over the North Sea.

Cheers,
M Fish

If they are scattered over Victoria Park then remember its totally open mostly grass with only a 'stand' for 200 ish
http://borussiabeefburg.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/vale-of-leithen.jpg?w=430&h=254

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Lovely sunny day down here, remember the sun tan lotion. :)

The_Horde
05-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Will there be trialists playing? Any surprises?

The transfer rumours Facebook page is saying we have a couple trialists.

One kasper gorkss apparently.

I don't think we will but if we do I'll be happy.

GGTTH

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2014, 10:18 AM
;4087177']The transfer rumours Facebook page is saying we have a couple trialists.

GGTTH

Wouldn't believe anything that gets posted on there mate.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Really looking forward to this, think it will be a good game and we should win comfortably.

Heff hattrick :greengrin

Gala Foxes
05-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Vale players will be knackered after Dumbarton game on Thursday night

Dibben
05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Still hoping to make ot down today. Should be a good season opener!

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Wouldn't believe anything that gets posted on there mate.

Is Twitter more to your liking?

Aldo
05-07-2014, 10:28 AM
;4087177']The transfer rumours Facebook page is saying we have a couple trialists.

GGTTH

Would be an excellent addition but as you say Slenj cannot see it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Is Twitter more to your liking?

See in all honesty, both are pish but I'd say the crap on Twitter is more reliable/believable than the crap on Facebook. :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
05-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Anyone got the address pf the ground?

SteveHFC
05-07-2014, 10:49 AM
hall street then you need to walk along side of park I believe
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.618727,-3.066473,3a,75y,64.38h,65.24t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s1g_EMXp0Joi_p2QYbOInyg!2e0?hl= en

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Anyone got the address pf the ground?

No idea what "pf" is but hopefully this will help.

http://www.valeofleithen.co.uk/pages/directions.htm

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 10:54 AM
No idea what "pf" is but hopefully this will help.

http://www.valeofleithen.co.uk/pages/directions.htm

Forget the info on the buses - it's wrong. All "62" buses now leave from Waterloo Place at 20 minute intervals.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Very scenic bus journey, not too impressed with some of the countryside aromas just past Penicuik though!

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Very scenic bus journey, not too impressed with some of the countryside aromas just past Penicuik though!

That's enough to put hair on your chest.

jst1875
05-07-2014, 11:15 AM

How much was the bus ..... What's cheapest. Return or a zone ticket

Emerald
05-07-2014, 11:23 AM

I've had to live through those smells in Penicuik for the past few days. Must be spreading dung on the fields. Thing is I was blaming my son for the smell on Wednesday. Sorry

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2014, 11:38 AM
How much was the bus ..... What's cheapest. Return or a zone ticket

£12.10 rtn

Potty78
05-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Just met a guy on his bike in peebles. He has cycled from Edinburgh, scarve on back. Mental:)

Alfred E Newman
05-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Anyone fancying some scran on the way home could do worse than Jim Jacks in the Northgate Peebles. Excellent fish supper cooked to order.:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Just met a guy on his bike in peebles. He has cycled from Edinburgh, scarve on back. Mental:)

See you in the Unionist Club - we're leaving at 1:30

It's possible that I could be on the bell.

Alfred E Newman
05-07-2014, 12:03 PM

Menace on the road!!! :grr::grr:

Golden Bear
05-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Menace on the road!!! :grr::grr:

I just knew that you wouldn't be far away when the word "cyclist" was mentioned.

hibsforeurope
05-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Gutted I won't make the game today, only 2 min walk from my house. Will have to put up with beers by the pool in 40 degree heat and get updates from here.
For those looking for food after the game there is a good wee Indian on the main stree called the saffron and the middle pub (tweedside hotel) is also run by a good hibby.

MSK
05-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Enjoyable day out, great hosts ..superb weather & scenery..a 4-0 win for the cabbage...good crowd of over 1500..hope the club made a good few quid tae ..:flag:

Had a couple of lagers in the Union club beforehand but managed tae spill half of it over the (covered) snooker table meaning I had tae go back for more ...:boo hoo:

Oh ..& get some bloody bogs ...:greengrin

DAVE1875
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Watching the highlights on SSN, the home kit sort of reminds me of our dark green away kit from the 06/07 season. I think the home kit could grow on me (despite not having white sleeves) but the sponsor is still the worst thing about it.

Good win for the lads, nice to see so many young players getting an opportunity.

MSK
05-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Watching the highlights on SSN, the home kit sort of reminds me of our dark green away kit from the 06/07 season. I think the home kit could grow on me (despite not having white sleeves) but the sponsor is still the worst thing about it.

Good win for the lads, nice to see so many young players getting an opportunity.It was good to actually see FOOTBALL....granted there were the few punts up the park but for the majority of the game there was a lot of tidy passing& controlled play...encouraging to see albeit against lesser opposition, who imo deserve huge credit as they were well organised & battled till the last whistle ..:agree:

tamig
05-07-2014, 06:17 PM

Good win for the lads, nice to see so many young players getting an opportunity.

Superb day out. What a lovely set up Vale have.

ManBearPig
05-07-2014, 06:31 PM

anyone got a link?

tamig
05-07-2014, 06:33 PM

Superb day out. What a lovely set up Vale have.

Carheenlea
05-07-2014, 06:43 PM
A great afternoon. Friendly hosts, a good crowd (1375), warm sunshine, strip looking not as bad as first thought and some enjoyable football.

pictures from this afternoon here - https://picasaweb.google.com/102100932128616983363/LeithenValeVHibernianJuly5th2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPeGy6rE6OuuwAE&feat=directlink

SaulGoodman
05-07-2014, 06:47 PM
anyone got a link?

http://www1.skysports.com/news/11095/9372797/#ooid=pzZmlwbjpPbx1om7gyaXftYcFfsMdyWW

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
2159 bus home, oh dear! 1-0 Argentina has paid for the bevvy tho!

Craig_HFC
05-07-2014, 07:12 PM
anyone got a link?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/9372797/scottish-championship-hibernian-beat-vale-of-leithen-in-pre-season-friendly

silverhibee
05-07-2014, 07:13 PM
2159 bus home, oh dear! 1-0 Argentina has paid for the bevvy tho!

:applause: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-07-2014, 07:39 PM
A great afternoon. Friendly hosts, a good crowd (1375), warm sunshine, strip looking not as bad as first thought and some enjoyable football.

pictures from this afternoon here - https://picasaweb.google.com/102100932128616983363/LeithenValeVHibernianJuly5th2014?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPeGy6rE6OuuwAE&feat=directlink

Great photographs, as always :aok:

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 07:42 PM
great day out and nice to see so many families and generally happy people enjoying a game played in the right way in a stunning location on a lovely day (glad the predicted showers missed us)

Great idea to play different teams each half and mix the experience across them.

I thought that players looked relaxed and together with coaching staff there was a sense of camaraderie which is a good early sign. (great to See James McD in dugout and part of things too)

Style of play was all about passing and moving and being open to receive the ball - and was pretty decent considering the short time to instil and work on this (as example of change Nelson probably completed more passes in 45 mins than he did in last 10 matches of last season)

There were plenty of decent performances. Great to see Harris looking fit , quick and confident. Liam Craig looking like the player we signed and to have Booth & Hanlon back in team

HappyAsHellas
05-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Terrific day out, very good bar prices, friendly and welcoming people everywhere, and the so called guff strip looks fine.

Carheenlea
05-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Terrific day out, very good bar prices, friendly and welcoming people everywhere, and the so called guff strip looks fine.

Went to Union Club post match to wait on ice cream shop queue dying down, and a coke for me and blackcurrant for my daughter - £1.20 :greengrin

Baldyfoghorn was heading round with a tray full of icecreams before the match, but denied that any were for him.. hope you enjoyed them :wink:

Jonnyboy
05-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Went to Union Club post match to wait on ice cream shop queue dying down, and a coke for me and blackcurrant for my daughter - £1.20 :greengrin

Baldyfoghorn was heading round with a tray full of icecreams before the match, but denied that any were for him.. hope you enjoyed them :wink:

He bought four, under instruction from one F Dougan esq. When he arrived with the ice creams, all four were snaffled by Frank and his mates which meant poor BF never got any for himself :greengrin

FranckSuzy
05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
He bought four, under instruction from one F Dougan esq. When he arrived with the ice creams, all four were snaffled by Frank and his mates which meant poor BF never got any for himself :greengrin

:tee hee:

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2014, 08:18 PM

Just my luck Mr C.....:greengrin

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Just my luck Mr C.....:greengrin

The bonus being you will keep your fine figure :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2014, 08:30 PM
The bonus being you will keep your fine figure :greengrin

Hope you are not trolling Mr B?:aok:

DAVE1875
05-07-2014, 08:46 PM

Fantastic pics

Wonder what the linesman or 4th official is looking at in the 15th pic :tee hee:

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Hope you are not trolling Mr B?:aok:

:greengrin not at all - your selfless act will mean more on the middle of the cone scoffers and less on you :tee hee:

Good day out was it not?

By the way - liked the very positive words from Leeann the other day about supporting those arranging buses :aok:

valeofleithenfc
05-07-2014, 09:05 PM

Davie would it be possible to send me the file so that I could send on to our vice chairman Stuart Robertson who is currently on holidays
thanks lammy

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2014, 09:10 PM
:greengrin not at all - your selfless act will mean more on the middle of the cone scoffers and less on you :tee hee:

Good day out was it not?

By the way - liked the very positive words from Leeann the other day about supporting those arranging buses :aok:

Great day out and a 4-0 win:aok:......... Yeah saw that but not sure what she meant, will speak to her more in depth regarding it next week......Like what she says and has said to date, much more positive and pro-active

Brooster
05-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Great day out and a 4-0 win:aok:......... Yeah saw that but not sure what she meant, will speak to her more in depth regarding it next week......Like what she says and has said to date, much more positive and pro-active

Keep me in the loop regarding that issue Mr B please.

Carheenlea
05-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Davie would it be possible to send me the file so that I could send on to our vice chairman Stuart Robertson who is currently on holidays
thanks lammy

The link provided is to an online gallery Mark. Just send him the link and he should be able to open with smart phone/ tablet or pc. Any problems just let me know via PM. Thanks again for being first class hosts :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
05-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Keep me in the loop regarding that issue Mr B please.

Will do.:aok:

down-the-slope
05-07-2014, 10:20 PM

i actually believe it when she says yes or no that thats what she means... no more or less. So while I / we my not agree with everything she says/does we will at least be sure where we stand