PDA

View Full Version : Why abuse our players on twitter ?

bigwheel
28-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Nelson getting lots of horrible abuse on twitter - handling himself tbf ..but no idea why Hibs fans think it's in any way helpful to be abusive to our own players .. Why not try to encourage in this new start

CallumLaidlaw
28-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Nelson getting lots of horrible abuse on twitter - handling himself tbf ..but no idea why Hibs fans think it's in any way helpful to be abusive to our own players .. Why not try to encourage in this new start

Agree completely. TBH, I don't know why the players put themselves through it.

marinello59
28-06-2014, 07:09 PM

If it is Hibs fans abusing our own players then they are mainly driven by having tiny dicks. This applies to both genders. FACT.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 07:10 PM

It's just fannies who wouldn't have the balls to say the same thing to his face one on one in person.

Nutmegged
28-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Twitter makes folk easy targets, I can totally understand fans frustrations though, the problem isn't with how unbelievably dire Michael Nelson is tho'...the problem stems from who signed him and the length of deal he's on.

I fancy myself as a player but put me in with 21 kther Pros and id most likely br gash, I'd be dammed if I'm going to walk away from a deal worth about £1200 a week though!

Phil D. Rolls
Beats me why players go on Twitter.

RP1875
What abuse is he getting?

I hope he is leaving though. ***** ***** footballer.

Eyrie
28-06-2014, 07:15 PM
He's probably getting abused by idiots who wouldn't have the nerve to say "hello" to him in the street, let alone anything critical.

marinello59
28-06-2014, 07:15 PM

So you can't condemn the abuse but are happy to throw more out. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Didn't LD say the players would get social media training? something LWT
has stressed from the outset...
Instead of falling over and singing the little goblin song away from the wider public eye cheeky young(?) scamps can now take to twitter and babble some nonsense on a global platform whether Hibbies or otherwise.

Some of them presumably no not what they do. Maybe it's not the players that need the training...

I just wish we could get back to basics as a team and a support. Time to heal the rift. The tipping point where the bile ceases and the support flows needs found.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 07:19 PM

See my post above!

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 07:31 PM
He's probably getting abused by idiots who wouldn't have the nerve to say "hello" to him in the street, let alone anything critical.

In a nutshell, I don't know why football players put themselves through it though.

matty_f
28-06-2014, 07:32 PM
If it is Hibs fans abusing our own players then they are mainly driven by having tiny dicks. This applies to both genders. FACT.

:agree: Actual factual.

Kris1875
28-06-2014, 07:42 PM
There was Football fans in training tournament in Falkirk on today and nelson kindly gave us a small good luck tweet which was much appreciated, then the twats started on him . Got to say not a big fan of him as a player but nice gesture that today .

SaulGoodman
28-06-2014, 07:44 PM
@mnelse6: Good luck to the Hibs Fit Fans in the spfl tournament at Falkirk today #allthebest 👍

First reply: @iFento: @mnelse6 will you please **** off from hibs thanks

Second reply: @iFento: @mnelse6 will you please **** off from hibs thanks

Third reply: @iFento: @gregor_kerr @mnelse6 how's the 50 yard hoof club going? Heard mcgivern ****ed off ?

hibbymick
28-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Twitter and facebook and all these social media sites have actually opened up a whole new window where we can see the mental problems people have thats rife in this day and age. :crazy:

skipster7
28-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Still people are shocked that very few players have an affinity with clubs /fans. Numbskulls.

RP1875
28-06-2014, 08:02 PM
So you can't condemn the abuse but are happy to throw more out. :rolleyes:

Is he *****, yes or no? Did he contribute to out relegation yes or no?

Stop the nicey nicey benefit of the doubt crap. It's gotten us where we are now.

iwasthere1972
28-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Got no sympathy for footballers who have Twitter accounts. They surely know that they will be a target for abuse whether they are Ronaldo, Messi or Nelson.

Fed up hearing on SSN and BBC etc what footballers think of this and that. Couldn't care less myself.

Just say no to Twitter. Twitter is for twats.

bigwheel
28-06-2014, 08:04 PM

Haha. Brilliant !! Agreed

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 08:05 PM

Stop the nicey nicey benefit of the doubt crap. It's gotten us where we are now.

Every player that played did surely?

RP1875
See my post above!

So because I wouldn't have the guts to say to a 6 foot plus huddy he's a ***** footballer makes me wrong?

Aye good call bro.

Nelson is absolute *****. How anyone can argue otherwise is baffling. We paid money for him too. Sick.

SaulGoodman

So did:

Sam Stanton
Jason Cummings
Kevin Thomson
Lewis Stevenson
Ben Williams
Alan Maybury
Scott Robertson

There's more obviously but no one gets as much abuse as Nelson, plus he gets it on every tweet, even ones completely unrelated to football. It's uncalled for.

RP1875
28-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Every player that played did surely?

More so the *****st out the *****. Nelson is there.

Is he your mate?

Onceinawhile
That boy ifento is an absolute rasper.

Baldy Foghorn
Tim Clancy came into that conversation, saying it was the Hibs fans fault that the player's were scared to play at home, and that we have too high expectations........

Eh I expext us to be better than being in bottom 6 fours years on spin, then getting relegated.......:rolleyes:

bigwheel
28-06-2014, 08:07 PM
It's just fannies who wouldn't have the balls to say the same thing to his face one on one in person.

So true. It actually makes you wonder what sort of life these characters have to sit and abuse people on the internet ...it reflects much more on them that their target

Jonnyboy
So because I wouldn't have the guts to say to a 6 foot plus huddy he's a ***** footballer makes me wrong?

Aye good call bro.

Nelson is absolute *****. How anyone can argue otherwise is baffling. We paid money for him too. Sick.

I don't see any arguments to the contrary. What I do see is fol;k rightly condemning the morons who think it's fun to abuse the guy on twitter

RP1875
So did:

Sam Stanton
Jason Cummings
Kevin Thomson
Lewis Stevenson
Ben Williams
Alan Maybury
Scott Robertson

There's more obviously but no one gets as much abuse as Nelson, plus he gets it on every tweet, even ones completely unrelated to football. It's uncalled for.
They all get abuse because we went down in a **** league.

Do you believe Michael Nelson isn't a ***** footballer? Yes or do?

RP1875
28-06-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't see any arguments to the contrary. What I do see is fol;k rightly condemning the morons who think it's fun to abuse the guy on twitter

I didn't john. I asked what what said. Personal abuse is out of order but the boy is *****, we paid money for him, horrific.

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 08:10 PM

Aye good call bro.

Nelson might well be a **** footballer but he is also a human being, maybe he has a wife and kids to support, he doesn't deserve to be abused.

bigwheel
28-06-2014, 08:11 PM
They all get abuse because we went down in a **** league.

Do you believe Michael Nelson isn't a ***** footballer? Yes or do?

that's not the point - the point is - what good do fans think it does - it ain't helpful to the player or team in any way.

SaulGoodman
28-06-2014, 08:12 PM
I didn't john. I asked what what said. Personal abuse is out of order but the boy is *****, we paid money for him, horrific.

So personal abuse is out of order yet you come onto this thread, where no one is arguing that Nelson was one of our worst players last season, dishing out abuse?

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 08:14 PM

Aye good call bro.

First of all I'm not your bro, I'm fed up with erses like you abusing Hibs players who are still on our books and I'm not afraid to tell you to your face whether you're 6 foot plus or not, oh yeah and he's not my mate, work that out if it's not too baffling for you!

weonlywon6-2
28-06-2014, 08:16 PM

Read some stuff yesterday with nelson on twitter and it was terrible,im sure hes not the only player to get abuse but it is poor why tbey should have to put up with it.
Its funny how people can be hard men on a keyboard as well,t@ssers

skipster7
28-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Seeing as hes still under contract there is a chance he could be needed this season at some point. Hope im not sitting near the hysterical abusers if he is as they might combust.

tamig
28-06-2014, 08:21 PM

Aye good call bro.

Nelson was pretty solid until things went Pete Tong after new year imo. And not the only one. If Stubbs wants to hold on to him then he will continue to get my full backing. Wish some folk on here and the Twitterati would just give it a rest.

The Green Goblin
28-06-2014, 08:24 PM
How can you tell for sure that all of these people are really Hibs fans? I don't use Twitter, so I don't know.

skipster7
28-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Nelson was pretty solid until things went Pete Tong after new year imo. And not the only one. If Stubbs wants to hold on to him then he will continue to get my full backing. Wish some folk on here and the Twitterati would just give it a rest.
Him Hanlon and Mcgivern were pretty strong until the collapse imo.

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 08:27 PM
How can you tell for sure that all of these people are really Hibs fans? I don't use Twitter, so I don't know.

They'd probably be asking him to stay if they weren't hibs fans:greengrin

bigwheel
28-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Aye good call bro.

...I despair

Lago
28-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Aye good call bro.

The discussion is not about Nelson's abilities it's about the way he and other hib's players are treated by their own so called fans.

CraigHibee
28-06-2014, 08:41 PM

seen that earlier on twitter, quite embarrassing tbh, always the same with keyboard gangsters

Time For Heroes
28-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Nelson might well be a **** footballer but he is also a human being, maybe he has a wife and kids to support, he doesn't deserve to be abused.

Spot on.

Scottie
28-06-2014, 08:45 PM

If MN is staying hopefully the new manager can get him back to where he was at the start of last season. If he's wearing a Hibs shirt he'll get my 100% backing regardless.

No player or person deserves grief from twitter as it's only meant to be a SOCIAL medium not a slagfest.

Time for positivity not negativity. A new chapter has began.

RP1875
28-06-2014, 08:45 PM
First of all I'm not your bro, I'm fed up with erses like you abusing Hibs players who are still on our books and I'm not afraid to tell you to your face whether you're 6 foot plus or not, oh yeah and he's not my mate, work that out if it's not too baffling for you!

Here fannybaws, I didn't give him any abuse.

If anyone is being agressive it's you. And thank **** your not my bro cause your a cock of a poster.

RP1875
28-06-2014, 08:47 PM
The discussion is not about Nelson's abilities it's about the way he and other hib's players are treated by their own so called fans.

That's fair enough.

HNA7
28-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Here fannybaws, I didn't give him any abuse.

If anyone is being agressive it's you. And thank **** your not my bro cause your a cock of a poster.

How many reminders do people need that this is unacceptable?

Thread closed.