PDA

View Full Version : Keepy uppy with a tennis ball !!!

Hibs7
28-06-2014, 04:23 PM
BBC got a challenge on between commentators and stars Brazil v. Wimbledon until this afternoon the most was 18 with Seedorf. .... Andy Murray did it this afternoon on tv
Total for Andy ...... 78 !!!

HibbyAndy
28-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Ken a saw it.

How easy did Murray make it look?

iwasthere1972
28-06-2014, 04:34 PM
We used to play football at school on the breaks and lunchtime with a tennis ball. 25 a side. I attribute that to my footballing skills in later years. :greengrin

Footballs out. Tennis balls in. :aok:

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Had a go myself today, but could not find a tennis ball so used an egg. tried it 6 times but 1 was the best i could do.

I'm having omelette for tea tonight. :wink:

Glory Lurker
28-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Had a go myself today, but could not find a tennis ball so used an egg. tried it 6 times but 1 was the best i could do.
:wink:

Still a cracking effort, though.

Aldo
28-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Had a go myself today, but could not find a tennis ball so used an egg. tried it 6 times but 1 was the best i could do. I'm having omelette for tea tonight. :wink:

Ha ha.

Boil it next time BH! You might get 2 and then just have egg in a cup??

Hibs7
28-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Had a go myself today, but could not find a tennis ball so used an egg. tried it 6 times but 1 was the best i

I'm having omelette for tea tonight. :wink:

I hear your crap at tennis too .. ;-)

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 04:56 PM
I hear your crap at tennis too .. ;-)

I am, to be fair its only football management i'm magnificent at now. :wink:

Hibercelona
28-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Why hasn't he been signed up yet?! :grr:

danhibees1875
28-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Why hasn't he been signed up yet?! :grr:

Fans haven't made enough of a racket over signing him? We shouldn't let this go, he'd be an ace signing.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Fans haven't made enough of a racket over signing him? We shouldn't let this go, he'd be an ace signing.

:agree: He would fit in well with our lot as well as he's pretty good at being able to put the ball over the net.

Keith_M
28-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I used to know a girl that could do a trick with a Table Tennis Ball...............

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I used to know a girl that could do a trick with a Table Tennis Ball...............

I know a blind fella who enjoyed the tennis bats too. :slipper:

hibbymick
28-06-2014, 06:06 PM
We used to play football at school on the breaks and lunchtime with a tennis ball. 25 a side. I attribute that to my footballing skills in later years. :greengrin

Footballs out. Tennis balls in. :aok:

Were you at Liberton :cb

aunty joyce
28-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Hopefully this link works to the video of it.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/28070308

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 07:53 PM
BBC got a challenge on between commentators and stars Brazil v. Wimbledon until this afternoon the most was 18 with Seedorf. .... Andy Murray did it this afternoon on tv
Total for Andy ...... 78 !!!

Was he wearing his Hibs top at the time seeing as Hibs play such a big part in his life :rolleyes: :fibber:

iwasthere1972
28-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Were you at Liberton :cb

Gracemount High School. It was only called High School due to what the pupils smoked. :wink:

EdinMike
28-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Hopefully this link works to the video of it.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/28070308

:not worth

PatHead
28-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Tiger Tim beat him

Baader
28-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Sign him up!

Ozyhibby
28-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Was he wearing his Hibs top at the time seeing as Hibs play such a big part in his life :rolleyes: :fibber:

Why be a dick? Do you not believe he is a Hibs fan?

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Why be a dick? Do you not believe he is a Hibs fan?

I'll try my best not to respond the first part of your post, I was referring to the recent suggestion as to how Hibs play such a big part of his life when clearly recent interviews and articles have proved that not to be the case. He has an affinity to Hibs nothing else!

HibbyAndy
28-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Tiger Tim beat him

:hilarious

Gotta let him win something eh, Seeing as he won the square route of **** all in his career and never had the baws to win Wimbledon even tho the LTA tried their hardest by basically giving him a bye through to the semis year in year out.

Tiger Tim :hilarious

cleanyman
28-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Gotta let him win something eh, Seeing as he won the square route of **** all in his career and never had the baws to win Wimbledon even tho the LTA tried their hardest by basically giving him a bye through to the semis year in year out.

He won 11 singles titles and reached the semi finals in 3 of the 4 Grand Slams and was 2 points away from reaching a Wimbledon Final and would have won if it didn't start raining.

He had a pretty solid career.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Hibs class fae Murray!

HibbyAndy
28-06-2014, 09:46 PM
He won 11 singles titles and reached the semi finals in 3 of the 4 Grand Slams and was 2 points away from reaching a Wimbledon Final and would have won if it didn't start raining.

He had a pretty solid career.

Lets no be silly aboot this eh..You dont know he would have won it, May have i'll give you that but no guarantee he would have.

cleanyman
28-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Lets no be silly aboot this eh..You dont know he would have won it, May have i'll give you that but no guarantee he would have.

He was all over Goran like a rash, that year was his best chance.

Tennis's nearly man.

gorgie greens
28-06-2014, 09:51 PM
I'll try my best not to respond the first part of your post, I was referring to the recent suggestion as to how Hibs play such a big part of his life when clearly recent interviews and articles have proved that not to be the case. He has an affinity to Hibs nothing else!

Alan Stubbs said one of the first guys to get in touch with him was Andy Murray to congratulate him on the Hibs job and wish him all the luck,not bad for a guy whos in the biggest tennis tournament defending his crown to go out his way,sounds more than an affinity to me.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2014, 09:51 PM
He was all over Goran like a rash, that year was his best chance.

Tennis's nearly man.

Goran was a wild card tae that year

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 09:56 PM

It's a bit difficult to be a diehard fan when you're attempting to be the world number one at your chosen sport!

He's dedicated the last 13 or 14 years of his life to tennis so it's no surprise that he's hardly been at any Hibs games and isn't up on the latest news from Easter Road.

Andy Murray is a Hibs fan, make no mistake.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 10:00 PM
It's a bit difficult to be a diehard fan when you're attempting to be the world number one at your chosen sport!

He's dedicated the last 13 or 14 years of his life to tennis so it's no surprise that he's hardly been at any Hibs games and isn't up on the latest news from Easter Road.

That's all correct as is my original statement.

McSwanky
28-06-2014, 10:05 PM

Always amuses me how people call Henman a bottler. He just wasn't good enough to win a major, that's all. No disgrace at all at being a solid top 10 player, winning many tournaments on the way. I'd take it!

I don't understand the vitriol so many people (particularly Scots) show towards him. What's he done to you anyway?

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 10:10 PM
That's all correct as is my original statement.

Not really, your post suggests that out of all the clubs in Scotland he simply prefers Hibs out of all the others and nothing more.

I would say that he is a fan of the club and if he was able to, he would actively support the club a lot more than he does now.

Once he has retired, I think you'll see Andy Murray take a much more active role in supporting the club.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Always amuses me how people call Henman a bottler. He just wasn't good enough to win a major, that's all. No disgrace at all at being a solid top 10 player, winning many tournaments on the way. I'd take it!

I don't understand the vitriol so many people (particularly Scots) show towards him. What's he done to you anyway?

I always get one :greengrin

I actually liked Henman, Was never ever good enough to win a major and ( Henman) Himself will tell you he doesn't have even half the talent Murray has.

Henman wasn't a bottler, He just simply wasn't good enough, Now if Andy Murray played in Henmans era he'd have multiple majors..Yes ill give you Agassi and Sampras, But id rather play in that era than the current era.

beensaidbefore
28-06-2014, 11:42 PM

Surely he should be on here reading everyones pishy comments every day...only that would prove how much of a real fan he is.....:confused:

TRC
29-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Seem to remember an interview with tiger Tim when Murray first came to light saying something along the lines if he (Murray) had more talent in his back hand than he had in his whole game! I always liked Henman

Hibercelona
29-06-2014, 12:46 PM

He's as much of a Hibs fan as any other Hibs fan. The only difference is that he's actually doing something big with his life and making a name for himself, so can't be available to attend games as often as others. I'm sure he would if he could.

southern hibby
29-06-2014, 02:16 PM
When I was younger remember reading about a Dundee Utd player getting an opportunity from The United Manager for a trail. He spotted a young lad I'n the street playing keepy uppy with a tennis ball. If my memory serves me correctly ( I believe ) it was Davy Narey. However can't be totally sure on player.

GGTTH.

Ross89
30-06-2014, 07:36 AM

A nice positive thread and you try and put a dampner on it - strange behaviour.

worcesterhibby
30-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Andy and Jamie Murray are both Hibs fans

Tim Henman was a fine player who actually played above his own level to reach Wimbledon semi-finals. He worked hard to get to the level he reached and is always generous and magnanimous in his praise of Andy Murray.

End Of

(always wanted to say that on here at least once :wink:)

southsider
30-06-2014, 09:18 AM
The boy's mum (judy) was on desert island discs and chose Sunshine On Leith as one of her tracks. Said Hibs played a big part in her family's lives. Says it all really.

cabbageandribs1875
30-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Not really, your post suggests that out of all the clubs in Scotland he simply prefers Hibs out of all the others and nothing more.

I would say that he is a fan of the club and if he was able to, he would actively support the club a lot more than he does now.

Once he has retired, I think you'll see Andy Murray take a much more active role in supporting the club.

with the extortionate prices his new hotel is charging for a swallie i hope he will be investing in the club with a bit of the profits :wink: :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2665764/Andy-Murrays-hotel-selling-alcohol-six-times-retail-value.html

iwasthere1972
30-06-2014, 11:01 AM
His grandfather, Roy Erskine, played a handful of games for Hibernian in the 1950s, behind the club's 'Famous Five' forward line.

Did anyone on here see Roy playing for Hibs or even remember him?

Maybe Doddie or Jonnyboy. :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2014, 11:17 AM
When I was a kid we always played with a tennis ball. When I grew up I had decent touch and could control a full sized ball without it bouncing 5 yards away and could dribble not too badly as well. Unfit & slow as a wet week though which makes you a bit pish no matter how good your technical ability. Unless you are Matt Le Tissier.

The Brazilians swear by Futsal which uses a small heavy ball ...... perhaps we need something like that because for the most part players from abroad seem to have have better technical ability than us.