PDA

View Full Version : Grumbling Moaners

Dashing Bob S
28-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Bo-ring!

Every new season is a rebirth full of optimism for THE REAL FANS! (Yes, of which Bobby here is TOP CHAP, A1, NUMERO UNO, before you even start.)

New CEO, new manager, new league, probably newish team...what's not to be hopeful and excited about?

PETRIE!!!

Okay, I'll give you that, but let's focus on the positives - there is actually quite a lot. For the first time we might have at least a strong boardroom presence pulling in the same direction as a potentially bright new manager and a new team.

The Jambo's have already written us off, anticipating a race between them and the Huns for the flag and play-off spots. Good, we are now the team with nothing to lose.
So let's live a little and anticipate tearing up this league and getting right back into the Premiership. Bring it on!

judas
28-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Bo-ring!

Every new season is a rebirth full of optimism for THE REAL FANS! (Yes, of which Bobby here is TOP CHAP, A1, NUMERO UNO, before you even start.)

New CEO, new manager, new league, probably newish team...what's not to be hopeful and excited about?

PETRIE!!!

Okay, I'll give you that, but let's focus on the positives - there is actually quite a lot. For the first time we might have at least a strong boardroom presence pulling in the same direction as a potentially bright new manager and a new team.

The Jambo's have already written us off, anticipating a race between them and the Huns for the flag and play-off spots. Good, we are now the team with nothing to lose.
So let's live a little and anticipate tearing up this league and getting right back into the Premiership. Bring it on!

But no new players?

RP1875
28-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Yep relegation is completely exciting.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 03:51 PM
A great read.....

http://www.sirc.org/football/football_passions.shtml

Passion and emotion
Football is associated with passion, emotion, excitement and dedication across Europe. References to extreme emotional experiences at football games characterised all aspects of discussions with fans — some referring to the 'pure joy' and exhilaration of being at football games. Such is the intensity of the experience that two thirds of fans have cried at football matches — mostly through joy, but occasionally because of despair. Football provides for many fans an opportunity to let themselves go emotionally — to release the frustrations of everyday life.

Keith_M
28-06-2014, 04:03 PM
If you think people are moaning now, just wait until the season starts!

:wink:

Scottie
28-06-2014, 04:04 PM
If you think people are moaning now, just wait until the season starts!

:wink:
There's nothing to moan about because nothing's happened yet :agree:

Keith_M
28-06-2014, 04:06 PM
There's nothing to moan about because nothing's happened yet :agree:

Strangely, that appears to be the thing that most people are moaning about :wink:

Scottie
28-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Strangely, that appears to be the thing that most people are moaning about :wink:
Strange that isn't it :cb

Sumner
28-06-2014, 04:46 PM
.. ... .. .. .. Petrie.. ..

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Is it 2nd and 3rd in the championship who play off for a game against the 11th placed SPFL team? :confused:

greenlex
28-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Is it 2nd and 3rd in the championship who play off for a game against the 11th placed SPFL team? :confused:

And 4th

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 04:58 PM
And 4th

I can just see it now, Hibs v Hearts to go up in a play off.

Hibercelona
28-06-2014, 04:59 PM

The 2nd placed team will play the winner of the 3rd vs 4th game. Then who ever wins that game will play the 11th placed team.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 05:01 PM
The 2nd placed team will play the winner of the 3rd vs 4th game. Then who ever wins that game will play the 11th placed team.

Unless the 11th place teams players are all dead from rabid bite marks. :tee hee:

offshorehibby
28-06-2014, 05:02 PM
we should be leaving the play off's to hearts and 'the huns' top o' the league for us.

Franck Stanton
28-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Seems a lot of folk [admittedly most are not Hibs fans], are of the opinion the top two places in the league will go to rangers and hertz. Oh Really. So just when did hertz become a good team / They are, imo, just an average outfit and so far, have not added much better than what they have already got. We on the other hand have got rid of most of the dross we had last season [McGivern and Nelson still to go], and will be bringing in a number of players, who, lets face it have to be better than the crap we had last year. In Stubbs I think we will have unearthed a gem and I have every faith in him and LD to re-kindle the fight and passion for our great club.. Bring it on I say. Good to see Stubbs has targeted a right back, long overdue. GGTTH

FranckSuzy
28-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Thought this part from the above mentioned article was quite apt :wink:

"What defines a fanTo be a 'true' fan requires the 'living' experience of football. It is not about being a mere spectator — it is about being a participant. Match attendance is a given, of course, but there is also a duty to engage emotionally in the life of the team in order to impact positively on a team's performance. Attending away games is an important ritual for fans involving a number of psychological and logistical challenges. Away supporters are always out-numbered and mostly out-sung. In our discussions with fans there was a defiant stance against 'fair-weather supporters' — those who only attend matches occasionally or when their team is doing well. Such fans lack dedication and resilience and the detailed knowledge of team statistics, standings, players and history that is characteristic of 'true' fans. Football fandom is seen as a rite of passage involving a process akin to apprenticeship. It involves years of instruction, of 'practice', of dedication and of demonstrating your own knowledge in the presence of others before being accepted by 'real' fans."

chrisski33
28-06-2014, 06:35 PM
well im gonna moan about this thread! whats the point of it! blimey folk moaning about moaners!:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
28-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Seems a lot of folk [admittedly most are not Hibs fans], are of the opinion the top two places in the league will go to rangers and hertz. Oh Really. So just when did hertz become a good team / They are, imo, just an average outfit and so far, have not added much better than what they have already got. We on the other hand have got rid of most of the dross we had last season [McGivern and Nelson still to go], and will be bringing in a number of players, who, lets face it have to be better than the crap we had last year. In Stubbs I think we will have unearthed a gem and I have every faith in him and LD to re-kindle the fight and passion for our great club.. Bring it on I say. Good to see Stubbs has targeted a right back, long overdue. GGTTH

Average is better than what we are at the moment. I think most of the "non Hibs fans" as you call them will be a little more confident if we actually sign some decent quality.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Thought this part from the above mentioned article was quite apt :wink:

"What defines a fanTo be a 'true' fan requires the 'living' experience of football. It is not about being a mere spectator — it is about being a participant. Match attendance is a given, of course, but there is also a duty to engage emotionally in the life of the team in order to impact positively on a team's performance. Attending away games is an important ritual for fans involving a number of psychological and logistical challenges. Away supporters are always out-numbered and mostly out-sung. In our discussions with fans there was a defiant stance against 'fair-weather supporters' — those who only attend matches occasionally or when their team is doing well. Such fans lack dedication and resilience and the detailed knowledge of team statistics, standings, players and history that is characteristic of 'true' fans. Football fandom is seen as a rite of passage involving a process akin to apprenticeship. It involves years of instruction, of 'practice', of dedication and of demonstrating your own knowledge in the presence of others before being accepted by 'real' fans."

The Uber fan argument has merit then.:greengrin:wink:

FranckSuzy
28-06-2014, 09:26 PM
The Uber fan argument has merit then.:greengrin:wink:

:agree: :greengrin

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I think it's the hangover from relegation and the past 7 years of mediocrity that has made people appear pessimistic about our chances of promotion, but I like you think that if we bring in a few decent players then we will be streets ahead of a pish poor hearts side. Beating the rangers to the title will be harder but if Stubbs turns out to be a good manager then it's far from impossible.

Shore Thing
29-06-2014, 12:20 AM
This one's for the moaners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87q6rVMp4Q

:na na:

:flag:

lucky
29-06-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm Hibs daft, but still hurting after last season. The impostors in our strips, dug out and boardroom cheated us and it's going to take more that LD and Stubbs to change that.

jax67
29-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Bo-ring!

PETRIE!!!

Spot on, plenty to be positive about and I'm sure under LD and Stubbsy we'll have a right good go at
beating the Huns and Yams to one of the promotion spots.

Phil D. Rolls
29-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Spot on, plenty to be positive about and I'm sure under LD and Stubbsy we'll have a right good go at

Nice try Yogi. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
29-06-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm Hibs daft, but still hurting after last season. The impostors in our strips, dug out and boardroom cheated us and it's going to take more that LD and Stubbs to change that.

I have moved on from the hurting stage and will keep an open mind on how we may do until I see which players are brought in ,which others might leave and see how Stubbs sets us up in a few friendlies then we will have better idea what shape we are in .i am no happy clapper but what's the point in moaning just now .There is a lot of change happening at the club and we really need to wait and see how this impacts Forget about the first friendly as the team that day will bear little resembllence to the one we have by time transfer window shuts .

John_the_angus_hibby
29-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Yep relegation is completely exciting.

Relegation was last season. Hope is a forward looking emotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkfish
29-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I second that young bob ,half the fellows think we are doomed before a ball is kicked .(shaving 0 7 in what little hair I have left after Petrie out ....blah blah.

Saturday Boy
29-06-2014, 06:06 PM
This one's for the moaners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87q6rVMp4Q

:na na:

:flag:

That at worked for me. I'm sure I had a pair of shoes like that back in the day!

jax67
29-06-2014, 06:34 PM
:thumbsup::top marks
Nice try Yogi. :greengrin

snooky
29-06-2014, 07:17 PM

Big assumption that the promo spots are going to be between 'the big three'.
Disrespectful to the other clubs in the league, some of whom will probably ruffle a few the feathers of H,H & R before the end of the season.

Hibercelona
29-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Disrespectful to the other clubs in the league, some of whom will probably ruffle a few the feathers of H,H & R before the end of the season.

:agree:

None of these clubs should be taken lightly. Most of them will have fairly settled teams, while we're still in the process of building from more or less scratch.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, but it would be extremely arrogant to assume that we're just going to breeze through it. We'll be one of the 3 teams to beat in the league and will have to be prepared to face teams with their tails up each week.

Smartie
29-06-2014, 08:00 PM

Spot on.

There's actually a cracking mix of teams in the league. The big 3, several full time teams who have been in the league for a few years and know what it's all about and then the part-time teams.

The Rangers have spent the past 2 years at an even lower level and Hearts are still mainly a bunch of u21s so I can't see them taking the other teams in the league lightly.

I think we're the ones that are most likely to have an inflated sense of self-importance and get a rude awakening from the likes of Cowdenbeath and Alloa who will be grafting for everything.

jax67
29-06-2014, 08:01 PM

No assumption being made of that sort here, only in your head. I hope we beat Rangers and Hearts to one of the promo spots, don't you? No disrespect to any other team saying that. The only disrespect shown here is by you to me, you don't know me but you think it's ok to tell me what I'm thinking. Away and boil yer heid!!

jax67
29-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Spot on.

There's actually a cracking mix of teams in the league. The big 3, several full time teams who have been in the league for a few years and know what it's all about and then the part-time teams.

The Rangers have spent the past 2 years at an even lower level and Hearts are still mainly a bunch of u21s so I can't see them taking the other teams in the league lightly.

I think we're the ones that are most likely to have an inflated sense of self-importance and get a rude awakening from the likes of Cowdenbeath and Alloa who will be grafting for everything.

Why would we have an inflated sense of self importance after the season we've just had. Too many yams hitting this forum!!

Jonnyboy
29-06-2014, 08:34 PM

None of these clubs should be taken lightly. Most of them will have fairly settled teams, while we're still in the process of building from more or less scratch.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism, but it would be extremely arrogant to assume that we're just going to breeze through it. We'll be one of the 3 teams to beat in the league and will have to be prepared to face teams with their tails up each week.

Can't disagree with a word of that (you'll be shocked to hear :greengrin)

jax67
29-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Your bang on, that would be disrespectful.

snooky
29-06-2014, 09:36 PM
No assumption being made of that sort here, only in your head. I hope we beat Rangers and Hearts to one of the promo spots, don't you? No disrespect to any other team saying that. The only disrespect shown here is by you to me, you don't know me but you think it's ok to tell me what I'm thinking. Away and boil yer heid!!

Pot on cooker. How many minutes? :stirrer: :wink:

(BTW, the 'disrespectful' comment wasn't aimed at you personally - it was directed to us all, myself included)