PDA

View Full Version : Jamie MacDonald

RP1875
28-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Heard he will be announced Monday as our first signing of the season. Anyone heard similar?

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Nope but it was mentioned as a rumour several weeks ago.

I would be delighted with this news.

Plus they would be spewing about this so that would just top it off! :greengrin

Aldo
28-06-2014, 01:07 PM
There has been a thread on Brokeback bout this for a while now!!

Mixed reviews etc but that's expected tbh!!

weonlywon6-2
28-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Its on hibees rumours today,doesnt mention monday though
Wouldnt be disappointed if we did

neil7908
28-06-2014, 01:22 PM
The rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now but would be pleased if true. Not the greatest keeper in the world but definitely do a job for us.

Aldo
28-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Its on hibees rumours today,doesnt mention monday though Wouldnt be disappointed if we did

Ah so that's where it's from WOW6-2.

Would be happy as well if it was indeed true. ;-)

SteveHFC
28-06-2014, 01:26 PM
There has been a thread on Brokeback bout this for a while now!!

Mixed reviews etc but that's expected tbh!!

i thought they were all raging to be honest :wink:

Aldo
28-06-2014, 01:27 PM
i thought they were all raging to be honest :wink:

He he. Raging that he's signing for us. ;-)

Their loss is our gain sort to speak (if it's true that is??) ;-)

SteveHFC
28-06-2014, 01:30 PM
He he. Raging that he's signing for us. ;-)

Their loss is our gain sort to speak (if it's true that is??) ;-)

I have a meme set up if/when it's confirmed :wink:

Aldo
28-06-2014, 01:31 PM

Ha ha. Look forward to it.... If it's true that is!! ;-)

NAE NOOKIE
28-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Every bit as good, if not better, than Williams. Would be very pleased with this.

Haymaker
28-06-2014, 01:39 PM

I hope he signs!

Bishop Hibee
28-06-2014, 01:47 PM
He had a good season for them last year. If he signs and keeps that form up I'll be happy.

Hermit Crab
28-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Heard he will be announced Monday as our first signing of the season. Anyone heard similar?

Source?

Ken
28-06-2014, 01:58 PM
He's signing for a Scottish Premiership team

Nevi_SOL
28-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Dundee by any chance?

GGTTH

Hibs7
28-06-2014, 02:07 PM

Source. ?

Boyle89
28-06-2014, 02:08 PM
I'd rather we signed Alexander and they kept McDonald. In saying that he's the reason they stayed up as long as they did last season so if he signs then I won't be upset about it. Decent enough especially at championship level (my god it hurts to type that).

Ken
28-06-2014, 02:10 PM
Dundee by any chance?

GGTTH

No idea, he just said it was a Premier team he was signing for when I spoke to him a week or so ago. Although since it's not been announced another team could have came in for him in the meantime??!!

Hibiza
28-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Heard he will be announced Monday as our first signing of the season. Anyone heard similar? hope so .

Bronson
28-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Killie seems to be the word on the street, time will tell.

GlenrothesHibee
28-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Without a doubt their best player last season. Would have been relegated in February without him. Id be happy.

Hibiza
28-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Every bit as good, if not better, than Williams. Would be very pleased with this. Big Ben was losing soft goals latterly. Murdoch , just a mini bus driver.

easty
28-06-2014, 02:15 PM
hope so .

me too

BH Hibs
28-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Heard we were one of four clubs who had been in contact. Can't remember who the others were though.

#2 Double Tap
28-06-2014, 02:56 PM
:rolleyes:

what a ***** signing he will be.

Number69
28-06-2014, 03:06 PM
If he signs for us I will literally eat my own socks. Guessing I'm safe though...

Col2
28-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Asked and answer was no knowledge of done deal. Not saying it wont happen in future but i think the rumour mill is driving this more than substance.

SaulGoodman
28-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Gtf

judas
28-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Sign a player that makes complete sense in every way, like a McDonald or a Claros? Hell, this is Hibs we are talking about.

DH1875
28-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Cant see it to be honest. Hope Im wrong though.

RP1875
28-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Asked and answer was no knowledge of done deal. Not saying it wont happen in future but i think the rumour mill is driving this more than substance.

Cool thanks :)

RP1875
28-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Source?

Ketchup with macdonalds Shirley?

The Harp Awakes
28-06-2014, 03:40 PM

Not sure that this is a done deal but heard mid-week we are definitely in for him.

iwasthere1972
28-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Regardless of him once being a Jambo I think he would be a great signing. Better goal stopper than Williams.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Killie and Falkirk also want him.

Hibs7
28-06-2014, 04:37 PM

And who was going to tell you before it is a done deal . ??

kj79
28-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Have we ever had a Ex Yam as our goalie?

Decent enough stopper but my worry is that if doesn't make a good start then crowd will be on his back right from the off.

Must be keepers of similar or better standard without the baggage imo.

BoltonHibee
28-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Decent enough stopper but my worry is that if doesn't make a good start then crowd will be on his back right from the off.

Gordon Marshall

Aldo
28-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Gordon Marshall

Did Ian Westwater every get a game for us. He was GK coach but was he out back up??

BoltonHibee
28-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Did Ian Westwater every get a game for us. He was GK coach but was he out back up??

I don't think he ever played for us

Speedway
28-06-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't think he ever played for us

'North' never played for us.

The Green Goblin
28-06-2014, 05:59 PM

Who would you prefer?

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Nope but have heard you post bull**** about hearing things........................time will tell I suppose.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-06-2014, 07:03 PM
I'd rather we signed Alexander and they kept McDonald. In saying that he's the reason they stayed up as long as they did last season so if he signs then I won't be upset about it. Decent enough especially at championship level (my god it hurts to type that).

did you not see some of Alexanders horrors during Div 3 and 2?!!

MG1965
28-06-2014, 07:06 PM

That's a fair comment!! but we have to get somebody, he is a good keeper and worth chance, can't see him being a duffer.

greenpaper55
28-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Who would you rather have, "clanger" from Aberdeen or any of the other unknowns from the SPL ?. A proven keeper who would not let us down over the season IMHO.

whiskyhibby
28-06-2014, 07:49 PM

Who is your source?.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
28-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Who is your source?.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's a guy works down the chip shop swears it's true..... :wink:

iwasthere1972
28-06-2014, 07:56 PM
There's a guy works down the chip shop swears it's true..... :wink:

Is the chip shop in Coventry?

HoboHarry
28-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Is the chip shop in Coventry?
Naw, Croyden.....

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Naw, Croyden.....

Been there once, stayed at the Hilton on a course, never saw a chippy though :greengrin

Stuarty27
28-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Heard we are getting Mcdonald, Julien Brellier and Mauricio Pinilla will all arive on Monday

gorgie greens
28-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Killie seems to be the word on the street, time will tell.

heard the same that he was opting for Killie reason being he wanted to stay in the top flight

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 10:01 PM
heard the same that he was opting for Killie reason being he wanted to stay in the top flight

Good

Forza Fred
28-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Every bit as good, if not better, than Williams. Would be very pleased with this.

Probably better.....and always thought he seemed despite his former employers

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Probably better.....and always thought he seemed despite his former employers

If he was that good why was he 3rd choice keeper at the pbs, he's pish and couldn't lace Ben Williams gloves.

The Green Goblin
28-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Heard we are getting Mcdonald, Julien Brellier and Mauricio Pinilla will all arive on Monday

Pinilla's on the plane from Brasil tomorrow morning hot from the game with Brasil to make it to ER on Monday???! That would be nice, but I don't see it.

California-Hibs
28-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Pinilla's on the plane from Brasil tomorrow morning hot from the game with Brasil to make it to ER on Monday???! That would be nice, but I don't see it.

The worrying thing is I'm genuinely not sure if you thought he was being serious or not...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-06-2014, 11:16 PM

Is this a joke, or...?

Aldo
28-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Is this a joke, or...?

Nah no a joke but plain and utter BULL!,

The Green Goblin
28-06-2014, 11:52 PM
The worrying thing is I'm genuinely not sure if you thought he was being serious or not...

It was an ironic double bluff.....

Hmmmmm.

beensaidbefore
28-06-2014, 11:59 PM

Heard this two weeks ago, from the same guy that told me about Neilson and Levein giong back to hearts a good week before it was announced.

He's a jambo so no real reason to make it up, and i have no reason to doubt his word, so hopefully it is true. One of their best player over last couple of years.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2014, 12:14 AM
So it turns out this is probably pish then. :rolleyes:

beensaidbefore
29-06-2014, 12:17 AM
So it turns out this is probably pish then. :rolleyes:

hopefully not. Don't think farting around without a manager helped though!

The_Horde
29-06-2014, 12:18 AM

I heard we're getting Hartley in as assistant and Colin Cameron as new head of youth.

#2 Double Tap
29-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Who would you prefer?

any of the non-maroon variety will do.

DH1875
29-06-2014, 02:44 AM
any of the non-maroon variety will do.

Bollocks. MacDonald would be a great signing for us. Much better keeper than Williams and a bit of a coup for the first division IMO. And thats why I dont think it will happen. From what I gather we offered Williams just short of £1k per week to stay when we were a PREMIERSHIP CLUB. He rejected that because he knew he could get more. Given that we were relegated I doubt the £1k was still on the table and IF we can get MacDonald if for less than that then its a no brainer for me.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2014, 06:49 AM
hopefully not. Don't think farting around without a manager helped though!Taking time to appoint the right candidate, shocking.

#2 Double Tap
29-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Bollocks. MacDonald would be a great signing for us. Much better keeper than Williams and a bit of a coup for the first division IMO. And thats why I dont think it will happen. From what I gather we offered Williams just short of £1k per week to stay when we were a PREMIERSHIP CLUB. He rejected that because he knew he could get more. Given that we were relegated I doubt the £1k was still on the table and IF we can get MacDonald if for less than that then its a no brainer for me.

Jamie Mac is a yam reject, certainly not good enough for us - he is damaged goods - imagine the reaction once he flaps at the ball during the derby - as for the facts about money LOL

Jamie Macdonald is NOT welcome at Easter Road!

:greengrin

The Green Goblin
29-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Jamie Mac is a yam reject, certainly not good enough for us - he is damaged goods - imagine the reaction once he flaps at the ball during the derby - as for the facts about money LOL

I'm not sure we are in a great position to sign whoever we want though. We are no longer in the top division and have had a few poor years where there has been a nosedive in the team, morale and reputation of the club. We have around 15 players and a support whose patience and mood is collectively at an all time low. How attractive do you think we are to potential players as a club right now? If we can get an SPL quality keeper for what will be a tricky season, then it doesn't matter where he comes from imho.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Joke or not that's utter pish.

John_the_angus_hibby
29-06-2014, 11:04 AM

There are some wallopers about today. Let's go in the the season with no goalie then eh?

He is a decent keeper. We aren't in the SPL for **** sake. So what options do you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
29-06-2014, 11:23 AM

Absolute bollocks, McDonald is ok, a decent shot stopper but his handling is absolutely woeful, palms things into middle of his box and cross wise he is well worse than Big Ben and that's what the big man was slated for!

Ben kept us in numerous games over his two years, he wasn't perfect but no keeper will be at our level, he was playing behind two of the worst centre halfs possible for the latter part of the season! Ben was also mightily peeved that we got rid of a great goalie coach and replaced him with a fat lazy scout!

People are completely blinkered if they think JMc is a better option than Ben!

Hank Schrader
29-06-2014, 11:25 AM
There are some wallopers about today.

Place is absolutely riddled with numpties. :agree:

weonlywon6-2
29-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Respect your opinion but i would like to see him at easter road,good keeper and by all accounts a decent bloke

Hibernia Na Eir
29-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I'd take him in a flash.
not as if he's like the other muppet jumbo keeper's from yesteryear.....

Hermit Crab
29-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Absolute bollocks, McDonald is ok, a decent shot stopper but his handling is absolutely woeful, palms things into middle of his box and cross wise he is well worse than Big Ben and that's what the big man was slated for!

Ben kept us in numerous games over his two years, he wasn't perfect but no keeper will be at our level, he was playing behind two of the worst centre halfs possible for the latter part of the season! Ben was also mightily peeved that we got rid of a great goalie coach and replaced him with a fat lazy scout!

People are completely blinkered if they think JMc is a better option than Ben!

How many goals did we score through McDonalds flaps?

How many goals did we concede due Williams flapping or being static at crosses. Loads.

I think mcdonalds is a better keeper than Williams. Ben was responsible for a lot of goals last season.

AlbertK86
29-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Absolute bollocks, McDonald is ok, a decent shot stopper but his handling is absolutely woeful, palms things into middle of his box and cross wise he is well worse than Big Ben and that's what the big man was slated for! Ben kept us in numerous games over his two years, he wasn't perfect but no keeper will be at our level, he was playing behind two of the worst centre halfs possible for the latter part of the season! Ben was also mightily peeved that we got rid of a great goalie coach and replaced him with a fat lazy scout! People are completely blinkered if they think JMc is a better option than Ben!

Correct

Wilson
29-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Correct

Correct except that we're not looking for a better option than Ben. We're looking for a better option than no keeper at all.

nribs
29-06-2014, 12:16 PM

People are completely blinkered if they think JMc is a better option than Ben!or blinkered to think Ben was better than Jamie Mac . I'd have Jamie Mac in my team or someone of similar quality.

Nevi_SOL
29-06-2014, 12:16 PM
There are some wallopers about today. Let's go in the the season with no goalie then eh?

He is a decent keeper. We aren't in the SPL for **** sake. So what options do you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure McDonald isn't our only choice

FWIW I wouldn't mind him

bod
29-06-2014, 12:25 PM

I was told Williams was on £1500 a week last season

Ozyhibby
29-06-2014, 12:26 PM
The thing is Ben Williams is no longer an option. McDonald is.
IMO he is a great option for us.
McDonald in at the right price lets us focus more money in other areas of the team.
Hope we get him.

hibbysam
29-06-2014, 12:33 PM
How many goals did we score through McDonalds flaps?

How many goals did we concede due Williams flapping or being static at crosses. Loads.

I think mcdonalds is a better keeper than Williams. Ben was responsible for a lot of goals last season.

That's probably the worst question of all time... So your comparing Williams'
70+ appearances for us against a handful of McDonald performances against us... Fwiw McDonald cost hearts griffiths equaliser for being slow off his line in 1-1 game at ER, griffiths free kick at the pbs! A lot of people on here think he's perfect when just 3 years ago he was hearts 4th choice goalie and only got into the side because of no one else at the club! Ben also saved us from a lot of absolute doings last season eg partick away and his penalty saves in 2013 helped us undoubtedly reach a Scottish cup final!

As for the bloke saying were not looking for someone better than Williams, were looking for someone better than nothing, is that really the attitude? If that's the case I'll get my boots and gloves on shall I? I want quality! Could Mcdonald really hide his affection for them? I'm not totally sure and I reckon there are many many keepers out there better than McDonald willing to sign for hibs!

DH1875
29-06-2014, 12:36 PM
I was told Williams was on £1500 a week last season

Maybe be he was. He was offered reduced terms to stay and he knocked it back. This was when we were still a premier league club. If we can get MacDonald for £1k per week then its a no brainer for me. Can see him being offered more else where though.

Forza Fred
29-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Place is absolutely riddled with numpties. :agree:

A degree of yammish ness about I smell

weonlywon6-2
29-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Maybe be he was. He was offered reduced terms to stay and he knocked it back. This was when we were still a premier league club. If we can get MacDonald for £1k per week then its a no brainer for me. Can see him being offered more else where though.

Changed days in football if thats all thats getting paid nowadays,no wonder players go down south for the money

Turkish Green
29-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Regardless of MacDonald's ability, I question the pressure he'll be put under should he fluff a cross ball or two in the 2nd fixture of the season. He is a good shot stopper but weak under high balls.

However he is above championship standard, which is why I doubt he'll be signing for Hibs, although a good signing if he does.

Hibercelona
29-06-2014, 01:14 PM
MacDonald isn't a better GK than Williams. But if we have the opportunity to snap him up, then we should.

He's undoubtedly the best we'll get at this level without needing to take a big gamble.

hfc-1875
29-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Would definitely take him this season. Always seemed decent for a jambo. Wouldn't be surprised to see him knock us back after the way some fannys acted towards him at tynie at the end of last season though.

Hermit Crab
29-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Would definitely take him this season. Always seemed decent for a jambo. Wouldn't be surprised to see him knock us back after the way some fannys acted towards him at tynie at the end of last season though.

He turned a potentially nasty situation into a humorous one. He deserves credit for that. Also has never bad mouthed us in the press. Never seen him do the 1-5, not saying he hasn't though. He's not even a hearts fan. I'd be delighted if he signed.

Dempster!! Get it sorted!!!! :grr:

grunt
29-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Barry Anderson ‏@BarryAnderson_ 9m (https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/status/483259875565506560) Jamie MacDonald is considering his future this weekend before next move. Three options on the table but no offer has come from #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash). #SPFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SPFL?src=hash)

Cauld Bovril
29-06-2014, 02:56 PM
A very average keeper IMHO. Still young enough to improve though.
As for this good shot stopper stuff, all goalkeepers should be good shot stoppers, that's why they are goalkeepers. It's being good at the rest of their job that gets them big moves.

kj79
29-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Barry Anderson ‏@BarryAnderson_ (https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_) 10m (https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/status/483259875565506560) Jamie MacDonald is considering his future this weekend before next move. Three options on the table but no offer has come from #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash). #SPFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SPFL?src=hash)

Assume he would know so looks like some people were pleased/worried for no reason!

We can do better for sure.:flag:

Eyrie
29-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Barry Anderson ‏@BarryAnderson_ 9m (https://twitter.com/BarryAnderson_/status/483259875565506560) Jamie MacDonald is considering his future this weekend before next move. Three options on the table but no offer has come from #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash). #SPFL (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SPFL?src=hash)

Given the credibility of the source I'd take that to mean that MacDonald has signed.

bingo70
29-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Given the credibility of the source I'd take that to mean that MacDonald has signed.

He was spot on with everything throughout the hearts in admin case.

matty_f
29-06-2014, 03:19 PM
He was spot on with everything throughout the hearts in admin case.

:hilarious:

Pray4Marc
29-06-2014, 03:31 PM

With his reliable track record, Jamie MacDonald is a done deal.

beensaidbefore
29-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Taking time to appoint the right candidate, shocking.

Thats not what i was getting at, it was important to find the 'right' candidate. However, in terms of trying to secure the services of playing staff, not having a manager was unhelpful. Hope that cleared that up for you. Unless you disagree of course and you feel that having no manager in place helps with the signing of players?

Greenworld
29-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Good done signed today hehe

SteveHFC
29-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Good done signed today hehe

Allisbarry! :greengrin

silverhibee
30-06-2014, 12:57 PM
What happened.

#FromTheCapital
30-06-2014, 01:20 PM

Welcome to Hibernian, Jamie

silverhibee
30-06-2014, 01:29 PM
:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

ALF TUPPER
30-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Eh ? Lol

I'm lost here. 😜

hibs4thecup1988
30-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Eh ? Lol

I'm lost here. 

Slagging Barry Anderson cause he is a jambo and his information is usually guff.

He HASNT signed

MB62
30-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Slagging Barry Anderson cause he is a jambo and his information is usually guff.

He HASNT signed

And neither has anybody else by the sounds of silence.

Waxy
30-06-2014, 01:57 PM
And neither has anybody else by the sounds of silence.
Hello darkness my old friend.Is there such a thing as a happy hibby? Probably no. For instance has anybody won the happy hibby half time draw? And can u remember if you were happy that day.

ALF TUPPER
30-06-2014, 02:03 PM

He HASNT signed

Cheers 👍
Been away and not got my Hibs.net head on yet ! 😀

WestCoastHibby
30-06-2014, 02:24 PM
I half expect a McDonald bro off Xfactor is as likely.......

H13BYM
30-06-2014, 02:53 PM
I half expect a McDonald bro off Xfactor is as likely.......

or even Old McDonald with or without his farm!

The Green Goblin
30-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Hello darkness my old friend.Is there such a thing as a happy hibby? Probably no. For instance has anybody won the happy hibby half time draw? And can u remember if you were happy that day.

I did once. I was over the moon. Delighted. It was against Aberdeen around Christmas a few years back. One of the worst games I have ever seen. Was quite happy to be compensated for my freezing misery :greengrin

Waxy
30-06-2014, 04:46 PM
I did once. I was over the moon. Delighted. It was against Aberdeen around Christmas a few years back. One of the worst games I have ever seen. Was quite happy to be compensated for my freezing misery :greengrinYes but before you won you don't sound like you were happy. The happy hibby half time draw MADE you a happy hibby.

GraniteCityHibs
01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
or even Old McDonald with or without his farm!

It's a nay nay here

Technofob
01-07-2014, 03:51 PM
I did once. I was over the moon. Delighted. It was against Aberdeen around Christmas a few years back. One of the worst games I have ever seen. Was quite happy to be compensated for my freezing misery :greengrin

I won it against aberdeen too-Tony Mowbry was manager. £1700,ta very much:))))

howdenthehibby
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
I won it against aberdeen too-Tony Mowbry was manager. £1700,ta very much:))))

I won £1272 against Hamilton the lastime they were in the SPL. I was very happy thank you very much.

Hibs07p
01-07-2014, 04:10 PM
£1300 won V Hearts 2000 and something. Mixu chipped a last minute penalty over Niemi's bar. Definitely still a happy hibby that day. A young Scott Brown sold me the ticket in the Almond Suite.

GGTTH

Lucius Apuleius
01-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Won it against Stranraer in the cup last season. A measly 600 odd quid! Younger son was gutted as never had any change so I got the one he would have had. Slipped him a hundred anyway. Funniest thing was though, because I never had a cup top up and the queue to get into the east was big, I went to the FF instead? Result!

Itsnoteasy
01-07-2014, 10:11 PM
A very average keeper IMHO. Still young enough to improve though.
As for this good shot stopper stuff, all goalkeepers should be good shot stoppers, that's why they are goalkeepers. It's being good at the rest of their job that gets them big moves.

Does that mean a striker should score goals?

Stax
01-07-2014, 10:44 PM
I missed it by 1 number once, I was a reasonably happy hibby up to that point. I still feel a sense of injustice to this day.

lord bunberry
02-07-2014, 12:10 AM

If a striker doesn't score goals then he wouldn't be much of a striker

Cauld Bovril
02-07-2014, 03:00 AM

I'm not sure i get the comparison.
:dunno:
If a striker creates lots of goals, he's still a valuable member of the team. If a keeper can't stop shots, he's probably playing at Seafield with his mates from the pub.

El Gubbz
02-07-2014, 06:25 AM

Did he no come on against Dundee away when Nick Colgan got injured? Might have been the same game that was called off for snow half way through?

Greenworld
02-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Has anyone heard anything apart silence

greenpaper55
03-07-2014, 06:46 AM
For what it's worth the express says he might sign for Falkirk today !

Hermit Crab
03-07-2014, 07:16 AM
For what it's worth the express says he might sign for Falkirk today !

We will see.

Slim Shady
03-07-2014, 10:49 AM
AllisBarry has just tweeted a story from The scotsman/EEN rag on this. 1 year deal.

hibs4thecup1988
03-07-2014, 10:51 AM
AllisBarry has just tweeted a story from The scotsman/EEN rag on this. 1 year deal.

with who?

Steve20
03-07-2014, 10:52 AM
with who?

Falkirk

hibs4thecup1988
03-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Falkirk

:doh: Should have read the last few posts....

But this was a done deal? :confused:

Hermit Crab
03-07-2014, 11:35 AM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/jamie-macdonald-signs-one-year-deal-with-falkirk-1-3465344

Keith_M
03-07-2014, 11:37 AM
So what happened to all our In The Know posters?

We were told he was defo signing for us.

Biggie
03-07-2014, 11:44 AM
**** me...he'd rather go to falkirk ffs ?!....surely falkirk aren't outbidding us (and before its said,thats assuming we bid in the first place !)

CapitalGreen
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
**** me...he'd rather go to falkirk ffs ?!....surely falkirk aren't outbidding us (and before its said,thats assuming we bid in the first place !)

You are having a meltdown on an assumption, which in this case is wrong - Hibs didn't bid for him.

Centre Hawf
03-07-2014, 12:01 PM

I reckon he would only have came to Hibs if we were the ONLY team to go in for him. I think he's saved himself a lot of grief by going to Falkirk instead of us and I don't blame him and I don't think anyone goofed up the negotiations on this one.

That's if we were even in for him.

scoopyboy
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I reckon he would only have came to Hibs if we were the ONLY team to go in for him. I think he's saved himself a lot of grief by going to Falkirk instead of us and I don't blame him and I don't think anyone goofed up the negotiations on this one.

That's if we were even in for him.

Anybody that signs for any team then it's a case of we have missed out on them according to Hibs.net.

TowerHibs
03-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Hated the strip apparently..........

IFONLY
03-07-2014, 02:12 PM

As usual they re in the know f*** all category.

Aldo
03-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Some folk are never happy and never will be regardless of who we sign.

Yip the guy would of been a decent signing IMHO however as others have mentioned - were we actually in for him??

As for folk being in the know **** all category.... I fund the comment pretty galling actually.

I know who I will listen to and take info from cos they usually are bang on.

Dear dear.... *insert me shaking my head!!

NoTottiNoParty
03-07-2014, 03:18 PM
http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/blog/houston-blitz-bolsters-squad/#more-3232

SMAXXA
03-07-2014, 03:21 PM

Who said we were actually after him? :wink:

Billy Whizz
03-07-2014, 03:23 PM
http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/blog/houston-blitz-bolsters-squad/#more-3232

Falkirk have signed Taiwo as well

ArmadaleHibs
03-07-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't think Alan Stubbs was probably even aware who Jamie McDonald was. To be honest I'm glad we didn't sign him. He used to give us it tight with fists in the air the lot when they cretins bet us so really didn't want to see him.

I just wished like everyone else that we would make a signing but to be honest it now looks like we're looking for take your time decent quality rather than than rushed quantity.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
03-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Falkirk have signed Taiwo as well
Two decent signings for them IMO

Hibercelona
03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
I know i'll get slated for it. But we've missed out on a very solid goalkeeper. Not sure who we have our eyes on for that department, I just hope it's not some unknown from the kentucky fried chicken league.

allezsauzee
03-07-2014, 03:39 PM
A couple of decent signings for Falkirk and a proven manager. They might be worth a wee each way bet at 33/1

buktapurple79
04-07-2014, 08:07 AM
I know i'll get slated for it. But we've missed out on a very solid goalkeeper. Not sure who we have our eyes on for that department, I just hope it's not some unknown from the kentucky fried chicken league.

Share your concern but glad that tube hasn't signed - also bad for not holding shots and losing goals after pushing the ball back out into the box. Self appointed nickname of 'Jamma' says it all.

Aldo
04-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Share your concern but glad that tube hasn't signed - also bad for not holding shots and losing goals after pushing the ball back out into the box. Self appointed nickname of 'Jamma' says it all.

If he had not played for the Yams would he be a tube??? -No and as for your description of his abilities are you sure your not describing Williams.

Would of been a decent signing IMHO.

LancsHibs
04-07-2014, 09:12 AM
I thought he was a good keeper from what I saw of him and wanted us to sign him, however, as a free agent he's signed up with Falkirk!! Maybe he's not as highly rated as some of us think he is??

lord bunberry
04-07-2014, 09:17 AM
If he was as good as some people are saying he wouldn't be signing for Falkirk in 2nd tier of Scottish football, FACT

Forza Fred
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM
I thought he was a good keeper from what I saw of him and wanted us to sign him, however, as a free agent he's signed up with Falkirk!! Maybe he's not as highly rated as some of us think he is??

He's more highly rated than any goalie we currently have on our books