PDA

View Full Version : Hibs transfer and rumours facebook page

crieffhibee
28-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Chances are a few of you are already on it, I got invited to it and First thoughts were that it would just be a heap of stupid rumours that someone dreamed up in their living room but it's surprised me..

Been spot in with everything clearly has some reliable sources at the club

Been uploading pics of the players arriving at east mains for training and even few snapshots of training with AS

The page even rallied together and now sponsor AS for away matches.

Page has grown pretty rapidly so if your not already a friend and have Facebook check it out.

And if your looking in Andy

Good work mate!

Ozyhibby
28-06-2014, 04:02 AM
That the guy who leaked the team on twitter the day before the Derby?
No thanks.

aunty joyce
28-06-2014, 06:34 AM
I can't find it on FB - have you got a link to the page please??

Peevemor
28-06-2014, 06:39 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/682116121809885/

Weir7
28-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Chances are a few of you are already on it, I got invited to it and First thoughts were that it would just be a heap of stupid rumours that someone dreamed up in their living room but it's surprised me..

Been uploading pics of the players arriving at east mains for training and even few snapshots of training with AS

Page has grown pretty rapidly so if your not already a friend and have Facebook check it out.

Good work mate!

Why would he want to be hanging about near East mains si he can take pics of training. Tweeting coaches saying your puttibgbon a good session.

Strange behaviour for me

CallumLaidlaw
28-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Why would he want to be hanging about near East mains si he can take pics of training. Tweeting coaches saying your puttibgbon a good session.

Strange behaviour for me

His house backs on to it.

we are hibs
28-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Same guy who said zemmama was re signing and put up a fake medical appointment letter lol he talks utter *****

Brightside
28-06-2014, 07:47 AM

Good work mate!

Almost everything is copied from here and other sites. It's pi$$ poor.

oconnors_strip
28-06-2014, 07:51 AM
His house backs on to it.

No house backs on to it

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 09:55 AM
No house backs on to it

Maybe he lives in a tree house

Billy McKirdy
28-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Good work mate!

Agree with you, it seems a well run page, I don't understand the dismissive attitude of some on here, admittedly there are some piss poor fan pages out there but this one seems alright, surely room for us all online.

Robinho08
28-06-2014, 11:20 AM
A lot of pish is posted on here, the bounce, twitter and Facebook. Can't get them all right.

Steve-O
28-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Same guy who said zemmama was re signing and put up a fake medical appointment letter lol he talks utter *****

Also said several players had left on that day after relegation. Players that are still there including Stevenson and Craig off the top of my head.

we are hibs
28-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Also said several players had left on that day after relegation. Players that are still there including Stevenson and Craig off the top of my head.

Heffernan too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
28-06-2014, 11:38 AM

He said they had been told they can find other clubs. That was by butcher, and there's several people on here that's said that was indeed the case

we are hibs
28-06-2014, 12:10 PM
He said they had been told they can find other clubs. That was by butcher, and there's several people on here that's said that was indeed the case
He said they were gone on twitter.

jax67
28-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Agree with you, it seems a well run page, I don't understand the dismissive attitude of some on here, admittedly there are some piss poor fan pages out there but this one seems alright, surely room for us all online.

Its a refreshingly positive page.
Nothing wrong with positivity, is there? GGTTH!!

Billy McKirdy
28-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Its a refreshingly positive page.
Nothing wrong with positivity, is there? GGTTH!!

Sadly lacking on this thread.

The goalie
28-06-2014, 02:51 PM
No house backs on to it

two house are right next to it, one of them next to the site entrance and one in the grounds of the site just before you turn right to the gates of Hibs part of the site. Might live there.

HoboHarry
28-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Sadly lacking on this thread.
Sadly lacking on this forum in general.

CallumLaidlaw
28-06-2014, 03:10 PM
At the end of the day, rumours are rumours, and at this time of the season there are plenty of them. To be fair to the guy he's given a few names before if seen them mentioned anywhere else, such as Danny Haynes and Duncan Watmore in the last window - certainly not names that could have been guessed.
As said above, it's a pretty positive group, and the pics of the players training etc is good for the fans to see. Butcher used to let him right up to the training pitch to watch at times.
The group have also raised over £400 in 2 days to sponsor Alan Stubbs away kit.

There's now over 2500 people in the group too so a decent size.

I think it's healthy that there's plenty places for us fans to read and chat about our club. I check Hibs.net constantly throughout the day, and it's nice seeing lots of Hibs chat on my Facebook feed now too thanks to that group and also another one called HibsPaige.

Not sure why anyone wants to have a dig at these other groups. As social media grows, these are the types of things that will pop up

S4uzee
28-06-2014, 03:17 PM
At the end of the day, rumours are rumours, and at this time of the season there are plenty of them. To be fair to the guy he's given a few names before if seen them mentioned anywhere else, such as Danny Haynes and Duncan Watmore in the last window - certainly not names that could have been guessed.
As said above, it's a pretty positive group, and the pics of the players training etc is good for the fans to see. Butcher used to let him right up to the training pitch to watch at times.

I think it's healthy that there's plenty places for us fans to read and chat about our club. I check Hibs.net constantly throughout the day, and it's nice seeing lots of Hibs chat on my Facebook feed now too thanks to that group and also another one called HibsPaige.

Not sure why anyone wants to have a dig at these other groups. As social media grows, these are the types of things that will pop up

Well said

jax67
28-06-2014, 03:20 PM

spot on!

Ozyhibby
28-06-2014, 03:24 PM

I'm all for fans meeting all over the web. But if you are going to hang about east mains watching training and how the team is being set up for the weekend don't then tip off the yams the team 24 hours before kick off.

Nutmegged
28-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Think he gets 90% of his info from here or AgentScotland

erin go bragh
28-06-2014, 03:53 PM

This 100% . Maybe its too positive for some on here .

Ggtth

Kaiserclem
29-06-2014, 04:00 PM
That the guy who leaked the team on twitter the day before the Derby?
No thanks.

Haha what a load of nonsense, as if TB told him what the team was lol

Andy Gillies runs the page around his full time real job and it's a really well run fans page which is fun and steers away from down trodden glass half full fans like your good self.

The_Horde
29-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Haha what a load of nonsense, as if TB told him what the team was lol

Andy Gillies runs the page around his full time real job and it's a really well run fans page which is fun and steers away from down trodden glass half full fans like your good self.

:agree: hibs.net out Andy Gillies in.

Kaiserclem
29-06-2014, 04:06 PM

Well said!

SouthMoroccoStu
29-06-2014, 04:19 PM
He also asks posters to respect others views and opinions

Something that had gone awry on here recently

Tricla
29-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Pish posted in social media site.

Standard.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Standard.

This. Enough said.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Standard.

Like on here as well you mean?

:rolleyes:

hibby67
29-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Standard.

Not just social media I have been in loads of bars and in company of loads of people who talk pish it's a fact of life ...... local bars the working man's twitter and Facebook

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2014, 04:54 PM
You probably hear more pish in the trendier establishments, more people who have lost touch with the real world seem to frequent such establishments. ;-)

Iggy Pope
29-06-2014, 05:17 PM
This. Enough said.

Woah....where's that pot / kettle / black smiley when you need it.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-06-2014, 05:25 PM
At least on Facebook you can easily see when a jambo troll is trying to stir trouble and start false rumours

The amount of yams on here is getting ridiculous

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-06-2014, 05:33 PM

:aok:

Tricla
29-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Like on here as well you mean?

:rolleyes:

Absolutely. This place is a hot bed of pish and we're all responsible at one stage or another.

Ross4356
29-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Is there an associated twitter account for it? It sounds decent but I'm not on FB

Time For Heroes
29-06-2014, 08:19 PM
:greengrin

SaulGoodman
29-06-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm on it. It's nobody claiming to be itk just people sharing rumours and talking about Hibs, like on here but there's less yams on the FB group

SteveHFC
29-06-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm on it. It's nobody claiming to be itk just people sharing rumours and talking about Hibs, like on here but there's less yams on the FB group

Same :greengrin

SaulGoodman
29-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Same :greengrin

Does that mean we're itk? :greengrin

Hero76
29-06-2014, 10:13 PM
The boy that runs the page is a total bellend and no more itk than anyone else. However I am getting the feeling he thinks he's ITK.

SteveHFC
29-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Does that mean we're itk? :greengrin

:agree:

half.time.draw.
29-06-2014, 10:18 PM
**** sake were all Hibs wherever we are, or whatever site we are on.
No wonder we are pish when fans are all at each other's throats.
There is no team in Britain as divided as ours.

we are hibs
29-06-2014, 11:02 PM
The boy that runs the page is a total bellend and no more itk than anyone else. However I am getting the feeling he thinks he's ITK.

Thinks hes ITK because he hangs around east mains every other day before making up signings that are being told to him by his "sources". Strange behaviour.

The_Horde
30-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Don't see an issue with the guy to be honest. He's doing something positive and he doesn't really post anything that's not on here anyway.

Not sure what his rumours to reality record is but he doesn't state that he gives 100% info he just posts things he's seen, heard etc. No more than TC123 etc do on here.

fife hfc
30-06-2014, 05:23 AM
If its a rumours page then it is just that a rumour. I for one have seen plenty of terrible rumours on here. This used to be my go to site for Hibs related info and rumours but after our relegation I have hardly been on it as its went down hill big time in my estimation. Now I go to facebook and check his and hibspaige before I come on here. As said above its mkre positive and since I do not support the Petrie out campaign and hate people like Mike Riley speaking for me I also agree with his stance.

In the end we are all Hibs fans and want the best for our club. So why not just embrace all that want to promote our clu and stop all the bitching!

offshorehibby
30-06-2014, 06:58 AM
FFS, we can't even play nice with our own supporters. Can you imagine the fans running the club.

i have recently joined the rumours site and HibsPaige both just Hibs supporters trying to have a bit of chat, and as somebody said less blooming jambos and Hibbys trying to wind each other up.

Brightside
30-06-2014, 07:03 AM
FFS, we can't even play nice with our own supporters. Can you imagine the fans running the club.

i have recently joined the rumours site and HibsPaige both just Hibs supporters trying to have a bit of chat, and as somebody said less blooming jambos and Hibbys trying to wind each other up.

Its total guff and he appears to be trying to sell it to Leeann as an official supporters page! "My sources tell me" :rolleyes:

offshorehibby
30-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Its total guff and he appears to be trying to sell it to Leeann as an official supporters page! "My sources tell me" :rolleyes:

Don't know the guy so can't comment but there's supposedly 2500 Hibbys on the page having a bit of banter.

Winston Ingram
30-06-2014, 07:16 AM
He gets decent info. The only problem i have with it is the standard of posts from other members is utter ridiculous and it clogs up your timeline.

CallumLaidlaw
30-06-2014, 07:18 AM
A Hibs fan sets up a fan page, organises the page to sponsor our manager, posts up any stuff he hears/reads on the page for its 2,500 members to see, makes sure the group is family friendly and fairly positive and yet on here he gets nothing but stick???

And we talk about Hibs Class :rolleyes:

offshorehibby
30-06-2014, 07:20 AM
A Hibs fan sets up a fan page, organises the page to sponsor our manager, posts up any stuff he hears/reads on the page for its 2,500 members to see, makes sure the group is family friendly and fairly positive and yet on here he gets nothing but stick???

And we talk about Hibs Class :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

Hibs07p
30-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm not into FB or Twitter, but as far as I'm aware, with FB, it's difficult to be annonymous, or "undercover". On here however, while some real Hibbies have "personality clashes", I feel the majority of the S4!t that gets posted is mostly "undercover", causing a bigger division and more conflict than there should be. To me, that confirms the obsession that the Yam has over Hibs, and uncovers the real fear they have, should we eventually get it right. The Poppy thieves will continue to try and undermine us at every opportunity, on this board, on the radio, and on the pitch. We have got the infrastructure right, it's time to get the playing side right as well.

GGTTH

FTH

CallumLaidlaw
30-06-2014, 07:22 AM
And since when did we all frown upon "rumours"?
It used to be something that got the fans talking/excited.

Now if it doesn't happen, the person (on here included) gets grief. There is such a thing as a club being interested in a player but not following up their interest, or the deal falling through for various reasons.

Social media has really added to the experience of being a football fan, but in other ways it's created a fan base of cynics and football experts!!

Ronniekirk
30-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Am not on face book so can't comment but people will go on and make thier own mind up .as for it becoming an Official Supporters page doesn't bother me ,good luck to the guy for showing initiative .

hibs0666
30-06-2014, 09:16 AM
This thread shows that there are some right bitches in the Hibs support.

Steve-O
01-07-2014, 06:45 AM
He gets decent info. The only problem i have with it is the standard of posts from other members is utter ridiculous and it clogs up your timeline.

True, can see me leaving the group if it keeps up.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Hibs should sign me....I cant run, tackle or shoot nor do I have the confidence to play in front of a large crowd. ...I should fit right in

Brightside
01-07-2014, 07:35 AM
True, can see me leaving the group if it keeps up.

That's why I left. There should be an exam in Internet before people are allowed to post.

Winston Ingram
01-07-2014, 09:42 AM
That's why I left. There should be an exam in Internet before people are allowed to post.

Some of them are utterly ridiculous. :agree:

cmcd
01-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Thinks hes ITK because he hangs around east mains every other day before making up signings that are being told to him by his "sources". Strange behaviour.
Is that not what posters on here do ?

Winston Ingram
02-07-2014, 08:36 AM

Exhibit A

hi andy a appreiate wot u have dlne but not much signings happwning

I think i'm gonnae sack it. My whole FB feed is getting filled up with p!sh like this.

Brooster
02-07-2014, 12:09 PM
I had to leave because it was hard going listening to folk talking nonsense or pretending to be in the know.

Hibernian Verse
02-07-2014, 12:13 PM
I had to leave because it was hard going listening to folk talking nonsense or pretending to be in the know.

Likewise. It was also the general grasp of the English language that forced me out. Impossible to read. This site is actually very good for that I have to say.

brian6-2
02-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Likewise. It was also the general grasp of the English language that forced me out. Impossible to read. This site is actually very good for that I have to say.

its the same with any site related to Hibs on facebook, The ammount of bawbaggery that gets spouted is cringeworthy.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-07-2014, 12:35 PM
I heard we were interested in akenfenwe not sure if that's the correct spelling....big black guy

blackpoolhibs
02-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I heard we were interested in akenfenwe not sure if that's the correct spelling....big black guy

I hope not, Frank Dougan is about as mobile as him.

easty
02-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Please be kidding. He looks like he ate Christian Nade.

Lmc2105
02-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Just signed for AFC Wimbledon

CRAZYHIBBY
02-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Most probably a butcher target ...apparantly he was down at east mains at the end of May. ...signed my workmates laddies football..... he was asked if he was signing and he said "just looking around for now"

Aldo
02-07-2014, 02:17 PM

Thank ****.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2014, 02:35 PM

I'm not running a bus to his debut match for all the other folk that dinnae want to go!

Lester B
02-07-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm not running a bus to his debut match for all the other folk that dinnae want go!

Superb. Can you not save me four seats and I won't pay you later.

AinsterHibs
02-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul 54m
Alan Stubbs on James McFadden: "I know him well, he's a terrific player, it could be a possibility."

You never can say never....

we are hibs
02-07-2014, 06:20 PM
Someone posted up pictures of him where his "sources" got it wrong. Like when he said butcher and malpas were staying.... Like when he said rodman was a done deal.... Like when he said we were being token over by an American consortium.... Complete bull****ter who gets most of his "info" from on here.

Winston Ingram
02-07-2014, 07:17 PM
I've left it. The standard of some of the posts are horrendous.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I've left it. The standard of some of the posts are horrendous.

Ive just been banned/blocked for I'm guessing pulling them up for lifting stuff from here.

Gutted. :coffee:

we are hibs
02-07-2014, 08:55 PM
He's currently having a major power trip....

woodythehibee
02-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Ive just been banned/blocked for I'm guessing pulling them up for lifting stuff from here.

I've been pulling a few of them up for lifting stuff from here as a copy n paste job and then saying "i'm hearing that..."

Does my head in

Hibeesmad
02-07-2014, 09:04 PM

I've also been banned/blocked

Oops.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2014, 09:30 PM
I've been pulling a few of them up for lifting stuff from here as a copy n paste job and then saying "i'm hearing that..."

Does my head in

Thats what I chinned him for.

I've also been banned/blocked

Oops.

No great loss to be honest.

mikey1875
04-07-2014, 08:47 AM
page is full of right roasters, I only manage two days and had to leave

brian6-2
04-07-2014, 08:55 AM
update on this page.

someone claimed last night you werent a real hibs fan unless you were at the hands off hibs rally and the petrie out one.

paul kane had led a consortium which had bought the club.

then it was donald trump that was buying the club.

amazing.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Just left the group, utterly cringeworthy and full of *****.

Auckland Hibs
04-07-2014, 09:02 AM
update on this page.

someone claimed last night you werent a real hibs fan unless you were at the hands off hibs rally and the petrie out one.

paul kane had led a consortium which had bought the club.

then it was donald trump that was buying the club.

amazing.

I lasted 48 hours then left - couldn't take any more of the complete tripe posted by some people (although to be fair, some of the members seemed to be more normal than others).

Leitherhibs
10-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Was standing near the leader of this page at the game on saturday and he was furiously flicking through .net trying to find out who the two trialists were. Guys a clown and definitely not in the know, he just has enough spare time on his hands to hang around east mains 5 days a week.

As for the page, everyone that posts on it just asks him for rumours as if hes some kind of guru. Surprised LD took the time out to bother speaking to him given the credibility of his page. Good on her though, engaging with all fans.

TheFamous1875
10-07-2014, 09:08 PM
I've not even been on this page on Facebook yet but as with most of the pages apart from the official one, isn't it either just young teenagers and/row dafties dain it? Most pages I see don't even use correct grammar so I don't bother liking them. If you can't do the basics...

I don't see why anyone should be bothered by it. The world's full of dafties, and our Hibernian online bubble isn't exempt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nribs
10-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Just left the group, utterly cringeworthy and full of *****.

Yup just waiting for someone to pledge 1m up front with a further 20k per month.