gorgie greens
27-06-2014, 11:29 PM
looks like were losing out to the mighty S****horpe,dear oh dear

Hibee87
27-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Who said we were in for him like?

Allan45
27-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Better players than him tbh, I hope we sign a few next week....

SteveHFC
27-06-2014, 11:35 PM

I'm available :cb

hibeemikey21
27-06-2014, 11:38 PM

Not as Mickey Mouse an outfit as you might think. Pinched our cup winning captain off us in 2009

gorgie greens
27-06-2014, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=Hibee87;4078856]Who said we were in for him like?[/QUO

Plenty people on here thought we were in for him,which i found strange as we never even had a Manager (coach)here at the time

Diclonius
27-06-2014, 11:44 PM
And so it begins.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-06-2014, 11:57 PM

Stubbs wants 3 in by next Friday :agree:

gorgie greens
28-06-2014, 12:00 AM

also said he hopes to have backroom staff in by Monday

SteveHFC
28-06-2014, 12:03 AM

Hopefully 2 goalkeepers, a striker and Nelson finally leaves :greengrin

Gus
28-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Player wants to play at higher standard than Scottish first division? Shock

WellingtonHibby
28-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Their stadium is a ****ing two bit dump. The down is horrific. Appreciate they may have more cash kicking about. But its a ****ing horrible town

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Good luck to him.

H18Y GW
28-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Watched him a few times,i really think he is ****

bingo70
28-06-2014, 05:35 AM
Got a good scoring record at this level but every time I've seen him I thought he was gash.

hibbymick
28-06-2014, 05:41 AM

Only 3 !

Sumner
28-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Nice the way the 4 letter word in the club name is starred out of S****horpe.. happy accident?

offshorehibby
28-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Here we go again.
Missed out on a player we were never in for.

Ronniekirk
28-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Only 3 !
There is still plenty time to bring in players assistant Manager will be announced first and then he will have someone to bounce his ideas off .He will have players in mind by now but he and Leeann have both said the selection of new players needs to be more rigorous so that we don't end up with new players that don't have right mentality and won't fit into system he wants to play so this is correct approach so three would be fine next week and another couple the week after , I am trying to keep positive this season .

therealgavmac
28-06-2014, 08:13 AM
There is still plenty time to bring in players assistant Manager will be announced first and then he will have someone to bounce his ideas off .He will have players in mind by now but he and Leeann have both said the selection of new players needs to be more rigorous so that we don't end up with new players that don't have right mentality and won't fit into system he wants to play so this is correct approach so three would be fine next week and another couple the week after , I am trying to keep positive this season .

Things are looking up Ronnie.... you used the word positive in your post :wink:

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Here we go again.
Missed out on a player we were never in for.

Nevertheless, last year when we could all see James Collins was struggling and confidence was low we know Rod Petrie couldn't persuade Adam Rooney to come to Hibs and instead we got Danny Haynes. Subsequently we got relegated with lack of goals a big factor.

It remains to be seen if Leeanne Dempster can bring in our managers first choice targets more often than not.

AlbertK86
28-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Nevertheless, last year when we could all see James Collins was struggling and confidence was low we know Rod Petrie couldn't persuade Adam Rooney to come to Hibs and instead we got Danny Haynes. Subsequently we got relegated with lack of goals a big factor. It remains to be seen if Leeanne Dempster can bring in our managers first choice targets more often than not.

Couldn't persuade or wouldn't pay ?

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 08:29 AM

Same outcome either way.:agree:

1two
28-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I just jumped on this so I could write S****horpe

Hee hee

jdships
28-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Who said we were in for him like?

:agree:

Kaiser1962
28-06-2014, 09:03 AM

Or he didnt really want to ?

Phil D. Rolls
28-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Didn't know the swear filter is a John Cooper Clarke fan.

Hopefully it still allows for the pain in Spain.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-06-2014, 09:13 AM
To be fair, every other website for all senior football teams in Britain, and perhaps abroad as well, will be saying the same thing, cos every team has lost out to him, not just Hibs. S****horpe must ecstatic that they have beaten off such stiff competition.

easty
28-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Nevertheless, last year when we could all see James Collins was struggling and confidence was low we know Rod Petrie couldn't persuade Adam Rooney to come to Hibs and instead we got Danny Haynes. Subsequently we got relegated with lack of goals a big factor.

It remains to be seen if Leeanne Dempster can bring in our managers first choice targets more often than not.

Or did Adam Rooney decide he'd rather go to Aberdeen than Hibs?

RP1875
28-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Or did Adam Rooney decide he'd rather go to Aberdeen than Hibs?

Rooney wanted a permanent deal we offered loan so there was no choice to be made and he went north and we got Danny Haynes.

marti1875
28-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Rooney wanted a permanent deal we offered loan so there was no choice to be made and he went north and we got Danny Haynes.

This. :agree:

This was the story at the time and why he went to Aberdeen, that's all we know and for me anything else is the usual just pure speculation. He wanted security, we never offered him that, simples really.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Once again people start to post about fictitious potential signings we have missed out on, just for once can we let the manager pick his own transfer targets and actually put in bids for them, then if we miss out we can have a justified moan.

easty
28-06-2014, 10:24 AM
This. :agree:

This was the story at the time and why he went to Aberdeen, that's all we know and for me anything else is the usual just pure speculation. He wanted security, we never offered him that, simples really.

No. We don't know any of that. That's all speculation. We never offered him anything, and that's what we know. Because that's what Butcher said.

marti1875
28-06-2014, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=easty;4079070]No. We don't know any of that. That's all speculation. We never offered him anything, and that's what we know. Because that's what Butcher said.[/

Here is the direct quote from Butcher regarding the Rooney affair. A simply google search of Terry Butcher and Adam Rooney and this was the first thing on the list!! As i was saying in my post you replied to. Rooney wanter a pemanent deal...we only were looking at loans so it was left at that as Butcher clearly says so here!!

“A load of rubbish,” stressed Butcher. “I spoke to Adam’s agent and he wanted a permanent deal, whereas we are looking more at loan deals. But we never got around to talking figures or anything like that,” he added. “I couldn’t commit to a long- term contract, albeit I’ve worked with him before and I was optimistic he would come to us on loan.

So what were you saying? Clearly Rooney wanted a permanent deal and as Butcher was only looking at loans he never took it any further. Thank you!! :greengrin

The Pointer
28-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Nice the way the 4 letter word in the club name is starred out of S****horpe.. happy accident?

For those of us of a certain age, the joke at school used to be 'If Typhoo put the T in Britain, who put the T in S****horpe'?

(Was primary school.)

:greengrin

Hibercelona
28-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Certainly better players than him out there. Can't say I see any of them coming to play in the Scottish Championship though, unless its for The Rangers on stupid wages.

eggbamyasi
28-06-2014, 10:58 AM

Yep everything is probably gonna be ****. And Adam Rooney blah blah blah . what we need is more doom and gloom.
. .............................. Some people just can't help be negative . I actually pity the way they must live life .
New manager . New structure . New season . Bit of positivity it's gonna be a cracking season bring it on !!!!!! Ggtth can't wait to hammer the two cheating ****bags . COME ON THE HIBEES !

tamig
28-06-2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/s****horpe_united/
Their stadium is a ****ing two bit dump. The down is horrific. Appreciate they may have more cash kicking about. But its a ****ing horrible town

What's wrong with Glanford Park? It's a tidy wee ground. A lot worse than that about.
Edit - of course the link is goosed with the four letter word.

Hibercelona
28-06-2014, 11:24 AM
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/s****horpe_united/

What's wrong with Glanford Park? It's a tidy wee ground. A lot worse than that about.
Edit - of course the link is goosed with the four letter word.

Try this - http://tinyurl.com/q47d3f

Wouldn't describe it as "tidy". But there's certainly bigger dumps out there.

Lago
28-06-2014, 11:32 AM

Made it clear he wanted to play down south. So confuse by your post as he wasn't going to stay with Partick.

--------
28-06-2014, 11:39 AM

Plenty people on here thought we were in for him,which i found strange as we never even had a Manager (coach)here at the time

Maybe the clue lies in the fact that we didn't have a manager at the time?

Plenty people on here think plenty. Doesn't mean they're in touch with any sort of reality.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Yep everything is probably gonna be ****. And Adam Rooney blah blah blah . what we need is more doom and gloom.
. .............................. Some people just can't help be negative . I actually pity the way they must live life .
New manager . New structure . New season . Bit of positivity it's gonna be a cracking season bring it on !!!!!! Ggtth can't wait to hammer the two cheating ****bags . COME ON THE HIBEES !

Take a tablet ya drama queen.:cb

eggbamyasi
28-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Take a tablet ya drama queen.:cb
Pot kettle !!!!!! You are after all Mr doom and gloom . At least my drama as you call it is a little bit positive . Lot won't like this but it's fans like you that have a pissy effect on the club . Just sick of the perma downers . Yes be pissed off we got relegated etc but ****ing hell can you not show any positivity toward next season . Yes it's rubbish where we are but it's a fact and no am out of depressed moaning can change it . Time to get behind leeann and our new management team .
Ggtth

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Pot kettle !!!!!! You are after all Mr doom and gloom . At least my drama as you call it is a little bit positive . Lot won't like this but it's fans like you that have a pissy effect on the club . Just sick of the perma downers . Yes be pissed off we got relegated etc but ****ing hell can you not show any positivity toward next season . Yes it's rubbish where we are but it's a fact and no am out of depressed moaning can change it . Time to get behind leeann and our new management team .
Ggtth

Calm the **** down mate. Season ticket is bought, I am looking forward to new season, will even catch games locally in Alloa and Falkirk. I am looking forward to Stubbs new approach and new players. To be honest I wasn't even that bothered when we went down. Hey ho that's football.

This thread is about Lyle Taylor who I don't even know if we were in for. In response to someone mentioning that fact I mentioned a statement of fact that for whatever reason we failed to get Rooney or indeed any kind of decent striker and subsequently got relegated. Then I expressed that Leanne will need to try and get more of our first choice targets.

Don't know what kind of emotional state you are in buddy but my post was hardly 'four horsemen of the apocolypse' material. Keep your powder dry for some real negative posters when the new signings start getting announced.:wink:

Nutmegged
28-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Regardless whether we were actually in for Lyle Taylor or not I'm pretty gutted we haven't actually signed him, he has proven to be a very reliable goal machine over the last two seasons within Scottish Football and I think he is everything we should be trying to attract, has pace, eye for a goal and is young enough to really improve into a very good player who could be worth a decent amount of money.

I get that he might want to play at a higher level than the 2nd tier of Scottish football and thats fine, I was juat hoping that if he wanted to come back to Scotland, we'd have enough money to entice him here

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Regardless whether we were actually in for Lyle Taylor or not I'm pretty gutted we haven't actually signed him, he has proven to be a very reliable goal machine over the last two seasons within Scottish Football and I think he is everything we should be trying to attract, has pace, eye for a goal and is young enough to really improve into a very good player who could be worth a decent amount of money.

I get that he might want to play at a higher level than the 2nd tier of Scottish football and thats fine, I was juat hoping that if he wanted to come back to Scotland, we'd have enough money to entice him here

Depends who we sign I guess. We might sign better strikers than Lyle Taylor. There are many players of his ability or better out there, we just need to source them.

Nutmegged
28-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Depends who we sign I guess. We might sign better strikers than Lyle Taylor. There are many players of his ability or better out there, we just need to source them.

I've no doubt that you're right about players of aimilar or better standard out there but from what we know, he is the one whp I'd almost gaurantee would hit 20+ goals for us, regardless of who we sign over the summer I doubt we'll sign anyone who we could say off the bat we'd be confident of hitting 20 goals.

it'll be easier to wait a few months with the benefit of hindsight and say I'm glad we didn't get him or I wish we'd signed him but as of right now, I'll say I'll be surprised if we can get anyone in who will offer us what I believe Taylor could, particularly on a permanent basis

RP1875
28-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Ggtth

You may have missed us getting relegated. That's why it's doom and gloom. It's not moaning for the sake of it it's doom and gloom cause were ****ed.

marinello59
28-06-2014, 06:46 PM
You may have missed us getting relegated. That's why it's doom and gloom. It's not moaning for the sake of it it's doom and gloom cause were ****ed.

We are not ****ed. We are down but not out, we will be back where we belong. You can either look forward to the future or take the boring option and continue to self indulgently wallow in misery for months on end.
Bring on the first fixture, I can't wait to start the journey back.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2014, 09:59 PM

Must be true then :greengrin

DH1875
29-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Lyle Taylor is better than anything we currently have at ER. He done a job at both Thistle and Falkirk and how anyone cant see this is beyond me. He'd have scored goals for us, of that I'm sure :agree:.

CapitalGreen
29-06-2014, 02:35 AM
Certainly better players than him out there. Can't say I see any of them coming to play in the Scottish Championship though, unless its for The Rangers on stupid wages.

By your logic then, seeing as he has already played in this league, Lyle Taylor is the best player to ever have player in the Scottish second tier! :-|

Ozyhibby
29-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I found this on Tsfm.org

There is an interesting example of why English Football is an immoral basket case in a news story from today.

Lyle Taylor is reported to be signing for S****horpe after rejecting an approach from Partick Thistle.

S****horpe play in the 3rd tier of English Football . Thistle in the top tier of Scottish Football. The normal response is that SPFL top tier clubs (Celtic aside) can’t compete with even tier 3 teams from England.

That is wrong. What is correct is that English clubs continue to spend recklessly , with wages often outstripping total turnover.

Let me provide the financials to compare S****horpe with Thistle.

In the last 4 years Thistle have made a small profit each season. Unfortunately Thistle do not publish their turnover or wages figure ( as an aside i would criticise them for that) . However it’s clear Thistle are a well run club who live within their means. I would estimate their turnover at somewhere slightly north of £3 million as an SPL club , and as they make a profit each year then its clear they probably have a wages / turnover ratio of around or under 60%

S****horpe do publish turnover and wages data, however thats the only area you can give them any credit for.

Turnover in the last published accounts was £2.4 million . Wages were £3.02 million . The club lost £1.5 million last year and has lost over £3.5 million in the last 2 years. It has negative retained reserves and is only “solvent ” on the balance sheet thanks to the valuation attached to their stadium. ( Readers of this blog will be well aware of how that scenario usually ends)

In Summary S****horpe are a very small club who are spending vastly more than they earn. They are in a precarious financial situation, yet they still continue to outbid well run and solvent Scottish Clubs .

S****horpe are by no means unique in the lower tiers in England, in fact they are just doing what almost every other club does. They gamble that they can get a promotion, and bring themselves close to terminal decline in the process.

English football club owners collectively have to be one of the stupidest group of people on the planet.

Stevie Reid
30-06-2014, 02:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28090158

Wilson
30-06-2014, 03:03 PM
While LT may have proven prolific at this level that doesn't really mean we should have signed him.

Without knowing what an Alan Stubbs side looks like how can we even know he'd have been a good fit?

I think folk need to calm down and let Stubbs get on with the job.