PDA

View Full Version : 100k for cummings

cat1875
27-06-2014, 10:07 PM
swansea bid 80 then 100 k for cummings both rejected by the club

stokesmessiah
27-06-2014, 10:24 PM

So did i, and i have to say i am not happy about my advances being rejected.

LancsHibs
27-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Interesting, I wonder if they will throw in Michael Vorm, it would fill our goalkeeper vacancy:greengrin In all seriousness I wonder what figure we will sell for? I suppose a lot depends if the lad wants to move or not, I imagine he would be one for their development squad

gorgie greens
27-06-2014, 10:45 PM
and they gave the yams 200k last season for a guy a cant even remember his name,so multiply that by 10 and add a bit then we will talk

SouthamptonHibs
27-06-2014, 10:52 PM
£200k would do for me. The lad has potential, that's what Swansea are buying, he would be nowhere near there first team. He only scored two top flight goals last season for us.
Any money over £100/£150k is good business.
Petrie I mean Leanne could put in a sell on clause or get additional money if he made it into Swansea first team.

Albion Hibs
27-06-2014, 10:58 PM
£200k would do for me. The lad has potential, that's what Swansea are buying, he would be nowhere near there first team. He only scored two top flight goals last season for us.
Any money over £100/£150k is good business.
Petrie I mean Leanne could put in a sell on clause or get additional money if he made it into Swansea first team.

Arguably le not even top flight goals. That said he will be costing us buttons in wages, and if clubs like that are interested in him now I see no reason we should not give him a season in the first team/squad and see if he is not worth quite a bit more at the end of it.

Ronniekirk
27-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Arguably le not even top flight goals. That said he will be costing us buttons in wages, and if clubs like that are interested in him now I see no reason we should not give him a season in the first team/squad and see if he is not worth quite a bit more at the end of it.

Only has a year left on contract I think so could walk away for nothing if he doesn't sign longer term contract .Will watch this one with interest as we got him for nothing and in the past Petrie would have sold him no qualms if offer goes up Be interesting to see if Stubbs rates him enough to fight to keep him or whether he may want him sold to use Monet yo buy another striker he has in mind .

Nevi_SOL
27-06-2014, 11:05 PM
250k plus loaned back for the season and a sell on clause would do me

Albion Hibs
27-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Only has a year left on contract I think so could walk away for nothing if he doesn't sign longer term contract .Will watch this one with interest as we got him for nothing and in the past Petrie would have sold him no qualms if offer goes up Be interesting to see if Stubbs rates him enough to fight to keep him or whether he may want him sold to use Monet yo buy another striker he has in mind .

Did not realise he could walk at the end of the year, I guess unless we have automatic extension rights then we would have to consider any offer pretty seriously.

Humo
27-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Did not realise he could walk at the end of the year, I guess unless we have automatic extension rights then we would have to consider any offer pretty seriously.
Due to his age any club that offered him a contract would have to pay us a development fee IF we also offered him a contract of equal value. If we didn't offer him a contract then he would go for nothing.

Ronniekirk
27-06-2014, 11:16 PM
Fairly sure that's the case unless he signed something in last few weeks of season that I missed .Would prefer to keep him over Caldwell and handling as he looks like has potential at championship level in the right team with right support to score goals

hibeemikey21
27-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Would be delighted to be proven wrong, but I think this is a "bite their hand off" scenario

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2014, 11:53 PM
Would be delighted to be proven wrong, but I think this is a "bite their hand off" scenario

far too much biting going on in footy nowadays

Gus
28-06-2014, 12:10 AM
This a p take aye? Surely not real? If someone offered us £10,000 I would piggyback him down on my own

BoomtownHibees
28-06-2014, 12:27 AM
This a p take aye? Surely not real? If someone offered us £10,000 I would piggyback him down on my own

Bit harsh on one of our more promising youngsters IMO

Big90inOz
28-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Take the money and run, has shown very little except effort. Effort alone is not enough

HoboHarry
28-06-2014, 02:37 AM
Take the money and run, has shown very little except effort. Effort alone is not enough
Funny thing that - the manager of an English Premier club thinks that there is something there. Maybe you know better though....

Ozyhibby
28-06-2014, 03:58 AM
We would be crazy to accept any kind of offer until we know what kind of player we have and until he has had a decent run in the first team.
The run of games last season under the managerial genius that was Terry ******* Butcher does not count.

H18Y GW
28-06-2014, 04:20 AM
Funny thing that - the manager of an English Premier club thinks that there is something there. Maybe you know better though....

And one or the very best thought Torres worth 50 m.:agree:

MWHIBBIES
28-06-2014, 04:31 AM
250k plus loaned back for the season and a sell on clause would do meSay what you like about Petrie but I wouldn't put it past him to get this done.

Big90inOz
28-06-2014, 04:50 AM

You might just be right :aok:

Sumner
28-06-2014, 05:41 AM
£150k and a jar of Tache wax and Rod, I mean Leeann, will sell.. good for the infrastruture of the club no doubt

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 06:16 AM
I really can't understand the criticism of Cummings, he's a young lad who wasn't even playing professional football this time last year, he earns absolute peanuts at hibs and he had to come in and be our main striker, due to the incompetence of our previous manager. We should be building a team round guys like him and Stanton, not "piggybacking" him down to Wales for 100k. :rolleyes:

Thecat23
28-06-2014, 06:17 AM

Jason is a good player. He played in the worst Hibs team in years that created little if not nothing in many games.

I think he'll do very well for us under a manager who plays it on the deck and let's him work the inside channels. He will score plenty in the championship I'm sure of that!

Waxy
28-06-2014, 06:22 AM
Dunno about this. It's a 50/50 for me. Could score loads in the chumpionship but might not. Part of the TBGAWA duds so do we chuck him for that?

bingo70
28-06-2014, 06:29 AM
I thought he looked pretty poor up until the Hamilton game where he looked absolutely tremendous. Given the fact that's the level we're playing at this season and Stubbs reputation for developing youth I don't think it makes sense to sell him for that amount now.

PeterboroHibee
28-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Interesting one. Cummings looks like he has potential, but hes still a relatively untested youngster, making the £100,000 quite a generous offer in my opinion. I think the question is what is going to be more beneficial for the squad - another £100k to add to the transfer fund, or keeping hold of Cummings and hoping he develops (in which case we may end up with more money).

bigwheel
28-06-2014, 06:39 AM
Cummings is the brightest forward we have had come through our ranks since Fletcher, I would do everything I could to keep him - a real talent

Weir7
28-06-2014, 06:45 AM

He's got same agent as the boy king that signed for Swansea from sucmbos. Cummings keen to sign for dundee, im hearing.

brog
28-06-2014, 06:50 AM
I really can't understand the criticism of Cummings, he's a young lad who wasn't even playing professional football this time last year, he earns absolute peanuts at hibs and he had to come in and be our main striker, due to the incompetence of our previous manager. We should be building a team round guys like him and Stanton, not "piggybacking" him down to Wales for 100k. :rolleyes:
:top marks
I saw saw him come on against Partick, miss from a yard in 1st minute on the pitch but his verve, confidence & ability was outstanding. His record for our U 20 was way ahead of anything King achieved for Yams yet people on here want to give him away. If it was £500k I would consider it, if we handle his contract correctly we'll get at least 2 good seasons out of him & a proper fee.
PS, I remember people on here saying similar about Fletch, all one footed, etc etc! I do not understand the mentality of Hibs fans who use up their time to come on here & rip off Hibs players, particularly young guys trying to make their way in a tough situation.

AlbertK86
28-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Cannae believe some folk on here

This boy will score for fun in this division if we play a style to suit him and he has decent players around him

As mentioned he will be on peanuts and people thinking they can buy goals for £100 k ... Eh James Collins

This guy is the best striker to come through the ranks in years

Let's support our young guys instead of slating them

Golden Bear
28-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Cummings is the brightest forward we have had come through our ranks since Fletcher, I would do everything I could to keep him - a real talent

:agree:

Totally agree.

If true, it's a derisory offer and in a few short years the young guy will be worth megabucks.

Keith_M
28-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Bit harsh on one of our more promising youngsters IMO

Nothing to do with your comment but...

...what's a 'hibey'?

:confused:

Lucius Apuleius
28-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Getting a wee bitty boring certain posters having to bring Petrie on to every thread. Nearly all of us want rid of him but sly wee digs about who is in charge are wearisome.

Keith_M
28-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Getting a wee bitty boring certain posters having to bring Petrie on to every thread. Nearly all of us want rid of him but sly wee digs about who is in charge are wearisome.

You're right.

Petrie!!!!!

:grr:

scoopyboy
28-06-2014, 07:10 AM
We can't just keep taking £100,000 every time a young player comes along to help the transfer kitty. Chances are we would spend it on someone and be worse off on the playing front.

We could have done the same with Fletcher, Brown, Thomson, O'Connor, etc and lost bundles.

There is a time and price to sell someone and imo with Jason Cummings it's not now.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2014, 07:15 AM
I saw saw him come on against Partick, miss from a yard in 1st minute on the pitch but his verve, confidence & ability was outstanding. His record for our U 20 was way ahead of anything King achieved for Yams yet people on here want to give him away. If it was £500k I would consider it, if we handle his contract correctly we'll get at least 2 good seasons out of him & a proper fee.
PS, I remember people on here saying similar about Fletch, all one footed, etc etc! I do not understand the mentality of Hibs fans who use up their time to come on here & rip off Hibs players, particularly young guys trying to make their way in a tough situation.

Answer my this tho B or others...

Is this an internet phenomenon or does it just echo what folks would say at the match/pub?

Abuse of Hibs players should not be tolerated. I it would be good to see some system where of the worst offenders are held to task. Maybe nominate one day to stick a yellow postit on persistent offenders seats to show them the yellow card.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm in two thoughts over this, i have to say when i saw him play i was not really that impressed with him. Although he is young, and has bundles of confidence and energy.

Gut feeling is no, keep him for now.

Brooster
28-06-2014, 07:20 AM
We should laugh in the face of Swansea's cheeky offer. If Jason keeps improving and proving himself on the pitch he will be worth 5 or 6 times that amount in 12 months.He certainly has the attitude and talent to progress. In fact I have a feeling that this story is all a ploy from his agent to get a better deal at Hibs.

BoomtownHibees
28-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Nothing to do with your comment but...

...what's a 'hibey'?

:confused:

There's a reason why it's spelt like that. Do I need to explain that to you?

Brightside
28-06-2014, 07:45 AM
Firstly are these bids confirmed anywhere? Secondly yet again I can't believe we are slating a bright young talent that has done nothing but try for us. He will score a bucket load in this division.

greenginger
28-06-2014, 07:47 AM
If we do get a suitable price for the lad do we have to give some of it to the Merricks in development fees ?

bingo70
28-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Firstly are these bids confirmed anywhere? Secondly yet again I can't believe we are slating a bright young talent that has done nothing but try for us. He will score a bucket load in this division.

Tbf there's only about 2 posts slating him.

Ozyhibby
28-06-2014, 07:50 AM
If we do get a suitable price for the lad do we have to give some of it to the Merricks in development fees ?

No, they released him.

Aldo
28-06-2014, 07:51 AM

This.

I think JC has the potential to be a very good player.

Scored 2 cracking goals in the play off.

He came into a very poor team and for me did nowt wrong. Him and the other younger players did what the older ones should of and that's stand up and be counted.

Give the boy time to develop even more And he will get even better IMHO.

Hermit Crab
28-06-2014, 07:54 AM
I'd keep him. Div 1 is about his level at the moment and I think he'll have a good season under Stubbs instead of being up on his own he will have a strike partner hopefully.

Heisenberg
28-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I'd keep him and give him a new contract. He'll be brilliant for us next season IMO.

matty_f
28-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I think Stubbs' appointment is one of the key reasons to keep players like Cummings. Stubbs helped bring through some very talented players at Everton and crucially he said something in his interview that hasn't really been picked up on, which was that he wants to give players the confidence to go out and try things.
That was something Mowbray excelled at and Butcher utterly failed at. We have a group of young players in Stanton, Cummings, Harris, etc. that could, with the right development and management, go on to be cracking players.
Of course, we are in a position where we need to win games to get promoted ASAP so there is a question of whether we go down the route of working with these players now or replacing them with players already at a level where we are confident that they can win us football matches.

Going by comments from Stubbs, it looks like we will be trying the former option so if that's the case then we need to keep our better young players until there's a better younger player coming through.

therealgavmac
28-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I think Stubbs' appointment is one of the key reasons to keep players like Cummings. Stubbs helped bring through some very talented players at Everton and crucially he said something in his interview that hasn't really been picked up on, which was that he wants to give players the confidence to go out and try things.
That was something Mowbray excelled at and Butcher utterly failed at. We have a group of young players in Stanton, Cummings, Harris, etc. that could, with the right development and management, go on to be cracking players.
Of course, we are in a position where we need to win games to get promoted ASAP so there is a question of whether we go down the route of working with these players now or replacing them with players already at a level where we are confident that they can win us football matches.

Going by comments from Stubbs, it looks like we will be trying the former option so if that's the case then we need to keep our better young players until there's a better younger player coming through.

:agree: Once again Matty, a voice of reason!

Completely agree with what you say, and I've said since Alan Stubbs came into the frame for the job, I thought his appointment would be Mowbray-esque....

Absolutely feel this is going to be an exciting season for us, and we will have a team to really be proud of again.

Turkish Green
28-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Swansea paid £200k for Adam King in January even although his contract with the yams was up in June. King had two first team appearances for them, but bearing in mind he came through there youth academy Swansea would have had to pay in the region of £200k in development fee.

IMO, Cummings should be worth more, although Hibs' development fee would be minimal. Would the yams be entitled to any development fee seeing as he was at their academy up to U17? Swansea would be a good move for the lad IF the price was right.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2014, 08:12 AM
We should laugh in the face of Swansea's cheeky offer. If Jason keeps improving and proving himself on the pitch he will be worth 5 or 6 times that amount in 12 months.He certainly has the attitude and talent to progress. In fact I have a feeling that this story is all a ploy from his agent to get a better deal at Hibs.
I hope you're right. We shouldn't even be thinking of selling him. Will score goals for fun next season

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Decent cash for a reasonably untried laddie with potential? Nah not not for me, gamble on him realising his potential and his contribution to the team being worth far more.

Jack
28-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Decent cash for a reasonably untried laddie with potential? Nah not not for me, gamble on him realising his potential and his contribution to the team being worth far more.

But its not even decent cash really, is it?

Leeann Dempster has said she has not budgeted for any income from transfers so any clubs prowling around hoping to take advantage of our perceived predicament following relegation can do one. Any club wanting any of our players will have to pay the going rate, or better.

Swansea can bolt.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 08:42 AM
But its not even decent cash really, is it?

Leeann Dempster has said she has not budgeted for any income from transfers so any clubs prowling around hoping to take advantage of our perceived predicament following relegation can do one. Any club wanting any of our players will have to pay the going rate, or better.

Swansea can bolt.

I never said it was mate.

jdships
28-06-2014, 08:46 AM

Just beat me to it !
What's the source of this story ?
Doesn't seem to be any word of it around the EM folk I spoke with yesterday :rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-06-2014, 08:49 AM
These are the decisions, that Dempster would brought in to make. Whatever she decides to do, after talking it over with the Manager, is what I will agree with.

BigKev
28-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Where's the substance behind this?

A poster can now come on and post any unsubstantiated guff and we all bite?

This place is falling apart :rolleyes:

The Leith Dutch
28-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Given the choice I'd keep hold of him.
Good prospect who, importantly for me, seems to have the right attitude.

I guess it comes down to the already massive rebuilding project and what the plan is.

I'm presuming that between wanting to play two up top at least some of the time and covering for injuries we're thinking of four strikers.
Currently we have that if you count Handling as a striker (and I mean the position he plays rather than whether folk think he's good enough).

Unfortunately we probably don't have the luxury of choosing which of those to punt (it'll depend on who interests other teams) or of extending the squad to have more strikers.

If Handling is considered part of the midfield that probably opens up a place but it may be the case that, despite Cummings being on a small wage, the combination of a freed squad place and his wage + 100k gives us the option to bring in a more senior player with a bit of experience.

It may come down to a choice between losing Cummings or starting next season with a striking line up of
Heffernan, Cummings, Caldwell and Handling.

jax67
28-06-2014, 09:03 AM

I cant understand any of the criticism aimed at our young players.
Some folk on here find it too easy.

bingo70
28-06-2014, 09:12 AM
I cant understand any of the criticism aimed at our young players.
Some folk on here find it too easy.

There's hardly been any criticism of Cummings on thus thread?

Considering how bad we were last season, I think only Harris has had some real stick

stokesmessiah
28-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Where's the substance behind this?

A poster can now come on and post any unsubstantiated guff and we all bite?

This place is falling apart :rolleyes:

This.

Someone with next to 0 post count comes on and says we are losing one of our brightest talents for 100k with absolutely no back up and we have 2 pages of people debating whether Cummings should be used as a sacrificial lamb.

Total non story.

Smartie
28-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I think this will really be a true test of how far we've come, how much we've changed and who is in charge.

Ok, he wasn't "outstanding" for the whole of last season but he was more than decent and was very good in the Hamilton 1st leg. At a lower level IMO he has the potential to tear the league up. We're never going to buy a team that competes at the top level but we might just grow one so it would be utterly mental to let him go.

If we let him go for a pittance now (and let's face it, what will £100k or so do? Pay a journeyman's wages for a season?) then we really have learned nothing whatsoever, we'll still be bringing in the journeymen in on the last of the transfer window and we'll still have a man with a bristling 'tache sitting at the controls.

Unless Cummings wants to leave of course, and he'd be daft to. He has a cracking platform here on which to build on his promising start.

LordBamba
28-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Swansea paid 200k for King off of Hearts and I don't Remeber him doing anything in the past to make him worthy of the fee. Therefore 100k for Cummings is a no go- I'd want 500k plus Wilfred bony and then maybe I'd consider ;)

Phil D. Rolls
28-06-2014, 09:19 AM

Hibey is your surname?

BoomtownHibees
28-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Hibey is your surname?

Wish it was!!!

RP1875
28-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Tell Swansea to bolt.

smurf
28-06-2014, 09:40 AM
We can't just keep taking £100,000 every time a young player comes along to help the transfer kitty. Chances are we would spend it on someone and be worse off on the playing front.

We could have done the same with Fletcher, Brown, Thomson, O'Connor, etc and lost bundles.

There is a time and price to sell someone and imo with Jason Cummings it's not now.

Sanity prevails...

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 09:46 AM

You don't have to but go on I'm dying to know :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
28-06-2014, 09:50 AM
You don't have to but go on I'm dying to know :greengrin

Nothing that exciting haha. I got a personalised number plate for my 21st which was a few years ago and it's H18EYS

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Nothing that exciting haha. I got a personalised number plate for my 21st which was a few years ago and it's H18EYS

Cheers :thumbsup:

brog
28-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Answer my this tho B or others...

Is this an internet phenomenon or does it just echo what folks would say at the match/pub?

Abuse of Hibs players should not be tolerated. I it would be good to see some system where of the worst offenders are held to task. Maybe nominate one day to stick a yellow postit on persistent offenders seats to show them the yellow card.

Thats a good question & I'm sure we've all been guilty of ripping players up in the pub after the game. There's several major differences though; pub comments are made in the heat of the moment, usually with a limited audience & most importantly, there's no permanent record, comments are usually forgotten almost as soon as they're made. Its probably a generation thing but it really is beyond my comprehension why someone would get up on a Sat morning, log in to Hibs Net & then post a negative comment about an extremely promising young Hibs player. Like you I would like to see all our players encouraged in this upcoming season, not abused.

MyJo
28-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Jasons development was one of the few bright spots from last season and he is one of only a handful of people at the club that could walk away from our car crash of a season with his head held high.

Right now we need players, and the whole emphasis of the club is changing to be focused on developing young players to be good enough to play in the first team and then eventually move on to bigger and better things to the benefit of the club as well. How the f*** will we manage that when an 18 year old kid has done well enough to force himself into the first team after scoring a bucketload of goals in the under-20's, taken a little time to adjust to the jump in standard before scoring 2 cracking goals to win us a crucial game (the first time we had won a match in over 3 months and 13 games) and people are writing him off and willing to take the first offer that comes along for him already.

For all the bitching and whining about Butcher and Petrie killing the club a lot of fans need to take a long hard look at themselves and the things that they say about the club and our players as they are just as damaging to the club and our team as anyone else.

Its a bloody nonsense

edwards
28-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Sorry but don't rate Cummings,I know he is eighteen but watched him in most home games last season and never looked really dangerous. If they come back with an offer of 125k take it.

NAE NOOKIE
28-06-2014, 11:09 AM
On the assumption that the OP aint guff:

Dundee Utd have turned down nearly 2 million for Andy Robertson and rightly so IMO. Only based on the stupid money these mega rich EPL clubs seem to be willing to fork out for bog standard players from lower league English clubs.

IMO Jason Cummings looks the real deal and could end up a really good striker for us. I hate seeing the best young Scottish players heading south far too soon and never being heard of again. I also think that the offer ( if there has been one ) of 100K / 200K is taking the piss. That's about 2 or 3 weeks wages for their best paid players.

The only way we should accept such an offer is, as another poster has said, if we can add on massive clauses linked to first team appearance or sell on fees and if he was loaned back to us for at least next season.

I don't blame any player who would jump at the chance to go from £500 a week to £5,000 a week. But as we have seen in the EPL especially with mid table clubs, the fans and owners jump to 5 million quid players when the going gets tough ... they don't turn to young untested talent. If Jason heads south he may be set up for life .... but I doubt we will ever hear of him again, unless its that he has been sold to Yeovil or Carlisle etc.

brog
28-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Sorry but don't rate Cummings,I know he is eighteen but watched him in most home games last season and never looked really dangerous. If they come back with an offer of 125k take it.

I'm sorry, it doesn't really matter whether people rate Cummings or not, thats just a matter of opinion, but accepting an offer of £125k for him is not economically sound. Yams got double that from the same club for a player with considerably less experience, & IMO, potential. Hopefully Stubbs will have sufficient savvy to blow this offer ( if it exists! ) out the water.

Eyrie
28-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Hibs turnover is generally around £7m, so an extra £100k is comparatively small beer (equivalent to 250-300 extra on the gate at each match). So there is no need to sell him unless Stubbs/Craig/McDonagh/Dempster all agree that he won't improve.

Aldo
28-06-2014, 12:57 PM

I beg to differ.

I only managed to see him a couple of times and once in the last derby and his hold up play etc was good for an 18 year old.

Was regularly up against 2 CH's and more than held his own.

You forget he is only 18 and was playing in a team with little or no confidence.

His 2 goals v accies were superb plus the 25 odd for the U20's.

Given the right guidance etc Jason will flourish.

I also think that given the chance he'll score a few in the Championship.

Sammy7nil
28-06-2014, 01:36 PM

That is correct EPL clubs never take a punt they always get about 99% of youth sigings correct :rolleyes:

If you got £150k and a loan back we should snap their hand off. If he is in his last year we could end up with much less or nothing if he fails to shine this season

HoboHarry
28-06-2014, 01:44 PM
That is correct EPL clubs never take a punt they always get about 99% of youth sigings correct :rolleyes:

If you got £150k and a loan back we should snap their hand off. If he is in his last year we could end up with much less or nothing if he fails to shine this season
First sentence is a bit of a silly comment. Read my comment again - that he thinks there might be something there. Key word is thinks, now feel free to try again.....

Sumner
28-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Keep him, develop him..

.. but of course he will be sold by Rod, I mean Leeann.. yeah .. sure

Jonnyboy
28-06-2014, 07:36 PM

:agree: :top marks

Jonnyboy
28-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Keep him, develop him..

.. but of course he will be sold by Rod, I mean Leeann.. yeah .. sure

Getting really boring now

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2014, 10:37 PM

62.07% of stats are made up - ONS
Not all quotes on the internet are genuine - Abraham Lincoln ;)

Wotherspiniesta
28-06-2014, 10:42 PM
His two goals against Hamilton were brilliant.

Add that to his ability to work hard and run the channels and his likelihood to improve given his age...

... No way should we be selling Jason Cummings.

Golden Bear
28-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Getting really boring now

Yip. " Accidental" name dropping has devoloped into a fine art on Hibs net.

DH1875
29-06-2014, 01:46 AM
I got to be honest, when I first herd this I was very surprised that we didn't jump at the money. Don't get me wrong, he might be worth more but it really is a gamble. Could he score in the championship, maybe but with him, it could just as easily go the other way. As for folk comparing him to Steven Fletcher :confused:. Not a chance, he doesn't even come close.

CapitalGreen
29-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Riordan, Fletcher and O'Connor all established themselves as first choice forwards around 20/21. They also had the benefit of establishing themselves in Mowbray's attacking set up where a number of goalscoring chances were created. To judge Cummings performances at the age of 18 in a team that created nothing is unfair.

Greencore
29-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Doesn't his contract end on Tuesday? Not heard anything about him signing a new deal....

hibbymick
29-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Reading through this thread I reckon a lot of folk are going to struggle with this new youth policy LD mentions. I've got a feeling this thread could be getting dragged up in the future. He's a young laddie still developing .

bingo70
29-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Reading through this thread I reckon a lot of folk are going to struggle with this new youth policy LD mentions. I've got a feeling this thread could be getting dragged up in the future. He's a young laddie still developing .

A lot of people?

Almost everyone is saying we should keep him. There's only been a couple giving him grief.

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Keep him, develop him..

.. but of course he will be sold by Rod, I mean Leeann.. yeah .. sureName 1 player Rod has sold against the managers will?

AlbertK86
29-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Name 1 player Rod has sold against the managers will?

David Murphy

Jack
29-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Doesn't his contract end on Tuesday? Not heard anything about him signing a new deal....

It's a year on Tuesday.

H18sry
29-06-2014, 07:07 AM

He's got same agent as the boy king that signed for Swansea from sucmbos. Cummings keen to sign for dundee, im hearing.

What if he does not want to extend his contract with us?

Any source for the Dundee rumour?

Ronniekirk
29-06-2014, 08:22 AM
What if he does not want to extend his contract with us?

Any source for the Dundee rumour?

If he doesn't want to sign new contract that's his prerogative and not a lot we can do about it But we gave him his chance to play regular first team football and he may feel if Stubbs says he wants him that regular football and scoring goals in the Championship will then earn him a move At present he is still unproven in top league as scorer so he may find himself a bit part player from bench at Dundee and at his age he needs regular football to continue developing IMO
But Stubbs will need to evaluate squad and decide who he is brining in and we dont have room in smaller squad for handling Caldwell and Cummings i don't think .

jdships
29-06-2014, 08:37 AM
David Murphy

Source ?
Not the story I got from Ivan Sproule :greengrin
He wanted better terms/cash if IS is to be believed !!

Phil D. Rolls
29-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Morning Jambos. Anybody care to say what the source for this windup, er, story is?

AlbertK86
29-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Source ? Not the story I got from Ivan Sproule :greengrin He wanted better terms/cash if IS is to be believed !!

Not disputing that Murphy wanted more and wanted away but Collins wanted him to stay. He was still under contract.

Sources were a member of playing staff and a non playing employee of the club at the time.

eastmainsmsh
29-06-2014, 09:11 AM
A real prospect felt sorry for him when he missed penalty as he was outstanding in first leg .. If he can produce that form consistently ....hope we keep him

hibbymick
29-06-2014, 04:51 PM
A lot of people?

Almost everyone is saying we should keep him. There's only been a couple giving him grief.

:aok: that serves me right for no reading through the thread and posting half asleep.