PDA

View Full Version : Time to start buying.

InchHibby
27-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I've been a Hibby for almost 59 years, seen more shxxx than I care to remember, also seen some great stuff, some brilliant seasons, so many ups and downs, seasons that were great and won nothing, all those years and I've only seen them win three major trophies.
But being a Hibby is something special, something so special that no matter what, we keep going back, we keep turning up in phenominal numbers and more times than not we get let down.
But season after season we return with the utmost belief that this will be the year.
I've never ever in all my years felt like throwing the towel in, until last season.
I have never seen so much shxxx in a Hibs jersey at the one time. I actually left after the Hamilton game and said to my daughter, that's it I've had enough, no more.

Then Leanne Dempster came on the Scene, and for once she talked the talk that I had been waiting to hear for years.
I listened to her interviews, I read her intentions on the way forward for our club, and to be quite honest, she gave me back my belief that at last somebody seems to know what we the fans want.
We've now chosen Stubbs as Manager, and for me he sounds like he knows what we want also.
I personally think that we have a match made in heaven and I for one have renewed my season ticket.
I know that we may not make it back to the SPL in one season, but what I do know is the more supporters that renew season tickets, the more chance we have.
Let's put all the disappointment of last season behind us, let's forget about the Petrie shxxx because my personal view on him is that he's been demoted, he has no major say in any major decision, he's a guy that will go in his own time, slip away quietly.
I think that next season will be brilliant, I'm actually glad it happened now, can't wait to be going to all these new grounds, some great days out to look forward too.
Hibs first and foremost.

Waxy
27-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I'll have some of what your having?

erin go bragh
27-06-2014, 08:05 PM
I've been a Hibby for almost 59 years, seen more shxxx than I care to remember, also seen some great stuff, some brilliant seasons, so many ups and downs, seasons that were great and won nothing, all those years and I've only seen them win three major trophies.
But being a Hibby is something special, something so special that no matter what, we keep going back, we keep turning up in phenominal numbers and more times than not we get let down.
But season after season we return with the utmost belief that this will be the year.
I've never ever in all my years felt like throwing the towel in, until last season.
I have never seen so much shxxx in a Hibs jersey at the one time. I actually left after the Hamilton game and said to my daughter, that's it I've had enough, no more.

Then Leanne Dempster came on the Scene, and for once she talked the talk that I had been waiting to hear for years.
I listened to her interviews, I read her intentions on the way forward for our club, and to be quite honest, she gave me back my belief that at last somebody seems to know what we the fans want.
We've now chosen Stubbs as Manager, and for me he sounds like he knows what we want also.
I personally think that we have a match made in heaven and I for one have renewed my season ticket.
I know that we may not make it back to the SPL in one season, but what I do know is the more supporters that renew season tickets, the more chance we have.
Let's put all the disappointment of last season behind us, let's forget about the Petrie shxxx because my personal view on him is that he's been demoted, he has no major say in any major decision, he's a guy that will go in his own time, slip away quietly.
I think that next season will be brilliant, I'm actually glad it happened now, can't wait to be going to all these new grounds, some great days out to look forward too.
Hibs first and foremost.

Brilliant post IH . Agree 100%

Ggtth

stoneyburn hibs
27-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Glad it happened ? good luck with that.

Ozyhibby
27-06-2014, 08:07 PM
While I suspect you may be mocked by some I can see where you are coming from.
The crucial thing will be if the reforms to the club are as far reaching as is being hinted at.
Let's wait and see.

RP1875
27-06-2014, 08:15 PM
What a refreshingly fantastic opening post.

The past is the past - manager, Petrie and players.

It's a new beginning at the club, time to stand up and be counted when our club needs us most. Again.

HibbyRod
27-06-2014, 08:15 PM
IH, Nobody that we know will be mocking anything you have said!!! ...... absolutely spot on!

Anyone who knocks what you have pointed out wants their heads felt! .... imho! :agree:

Great post, and glad to read it.

Cya soon.

le bill
27-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Well said
Great post
I'm 45 years going to see the hibee s
Feel exactly the same
Ld and As talk the talk hopefully walk the walk too

I'm hopeful
Ggtth

whiskyhibby
27-06-2014, 08:24 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

I have to agree completely, right on the money!

whiskyhibby
27-06-2014, 08:25 PM
I'll have some of what your having?

What's that optimism?............

Lucius Apuleius
27-06-2014, 08:27 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Just one question. What new grounds are we going to get to? :-)

Johibs
27-06-2014, 08:28 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Couldn't agree more, the only way is up now!

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Naw. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 08:36 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Well said mate, couldn't agree more
Apart from the Petrie bit

jdships
27-06-2014, 08:37 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Great post IMHO :top marks
I was taken to ER in December 1940 as an eight year old by my uncle who was ex Hibs player and like you it has been the " roller coaster ride to end all roller coaster rides " but have stuck with it .
That is until this season when I decided that I wasn't for wasting my pension anymore and haven't been in the ground since March
Again like you I have taken to LD and AS and will give them my backing .
Will return in the new season , health permitting in the hope it is more than just another " false dawn"

:flag:

LioNeilMessi
27-06-2014, 08:38 PM
What a post! :top marks

esjorto
27-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Best post in weeks!

Crossgates Hibs
27-06-2014, 08:48 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

great posy I'm not glad it happened but it may turn out to be a good thing in the long run. Hopefully it will end up with us winning the league or destroying Hearts in a play off as we come back up.

AlbertK86
27-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Great post

Also JD Ships .... 1940 boy you have seen some sights my man

I thought I had been through the mill having been a Hibby since the early 70s

However you will also have seen some great Hibs teams that we can only dream of now

Anyway I'm hopeful the new regime can get us moving in the right way and build on the structure we have in place

Will be happier when KING ROD is gone but as OP says hopefully he has no power and disappears without a fuss

Baldy Foghorn
27-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Get the jist of OP, but not convinced anyone should be glad we got relegated.....It is a disaster financially, and no guarantees of coming straight back up.......

I'm still fuming at getting relegated

weonlywon6-2
27-06-2014, 08:50 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

You speak a lot of truth,good post,not so confident about the brilliant season ahead though !!

JimmyL
27-06-2014, 08:51 PM
:flag::flag:Cracking post, only way is upwards now

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2014, 09:02 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

I can completely relate to your post. :top marks

Tinribs
27-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Get the jist of OP, but not convinced anyone should be glad we got relegated.....It is a disaster financially, and no guarantees of coming straight back up.......

I'm still fuming at getting relegated

Don't know how long you have been watching Hibs, but in my lifetime we have been relegated a few times, and it has been a wee bit refreshing going to other places. No-one is glad, other than non Hibs folk, he means it is done, we are there...lets have fun i think.

Agree to some extent on the money side you mentioned, but this time it's a bit odd, derby games and the new Huns will make up a fair amount of the loss we would usually get.

Lets see what we get offered on the pitch, then fume if it's Lillian Gish :wink:

Greenheart
27-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

I am with you 100% we need Easter Road bouncing every week to support the team to get back. Hope a lot more renew and others buy for the first time and fill the stands. GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
27-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Don't know how long you have been watching Hibs, but in my lifetime we have been relegated a few times, and it has been a wee bit refreshing going to other places. No-one is glad, other than non Hibs folk, he means it is done, we are there...lets have fun i think.

Agree to some extent on the money side you mentioned, but this time it's a bit odd, derby games and the new Huns will make up a fair amount of the loss we would usually get.

Lets see what we get offered on the pitch, then fume if it's Lillian Gish :wink:

Been watching Hibs majority of my life, not sure it's refreshing having to go to Alloa, Dumbarton etc......Yes we have to get on with it, but it ain't refreshing for me

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Been watching Hibs majority of my life, not sure it's refreshing having to go to Alloa, Dumbarton etc......Yes we have to get on with it, but it ain't refreshing for me

:top marks I dont feel we should ever be in this division, and will never be happy about anything at the club until we are back in the top league.

Smartie
27-06-2014, 09:25 PM
I'll never be glad that it happened but I do appreciate the sentiment of the OP and I am now looking forward to the new season.

Relegation may well prove to have been the wake-up call that the whole club was needing.

RP1875
27-06-2014, 09:25 PM
:top marks I dont feel we should ever be in this division, and will never be happy about anything at the club until we are back in the top league.

We are where we are though buddy. Time to stop the dwelling on the utter ***** we have been put through and back everyone!

GGTTH

Aldo
27-06-2014, 09:32 PM

Spot on BH!!

The club will however get my full backing!

Long Time Hibee
27-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Great post IH. Like most, we're all gutted at the relegation (TB has a lot to answer for and I hope his contract isn't fulfilled. You can't reward abject failure!!) Anyway, as you say 'we are where we are' and so we need to try to be positive. I have a great feeling about Leeann Dempter and Alan Stubbs, so hopefully onwards and upwards. GGTTH (PS : Hibee for only 47 years!!!!)

portyhibernian
27-06-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't think that anyone is happy at being relegated but one thing about relegation is that it has forced through much needed changes at the club which I hope will see us back in our rightful place at the top end of the Premier League challenging for Europe. Had we stayed up I think we may have been looking at yet another season of lower to mid table with little to shout about again.

When it looked like it was going to be between Stubbs or Venus for the managers job I have to admit I personally preferred the idea of Mark Venus, however I do like the cut of Alan Stubbs jib so far and if Leann Dempster reckons he's the man then I fully trust her to make that call.

27-06-2014, 10:35 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Good post and I completely agree. We all felt awful after the hamilton game - i was absolutely devastated. But whats done is done. We are entering a new era with a new CEO and a new manager and eventually a new team.

Lets get behind the club :flag:

greenlex
27-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Even then I'll have my doubts. :greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
27-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Hibs first and foremost.

Nice one dad

JOD
27-06-2014, 11:22 PM
I agree with your post generally even about relegation as I think if we had stayed up then Butcher and co would still
be in situ. Also believe one of reasons TB went was he did not accept LD plan for the new structure and her more hands on approach. I believe his payoff was 240k (1 1/2yrs salary) and came right out of STF back pocket to show his support for our new CE If so well done Sir Tom.

snooky
27-06-2014, 11:48 PM
We really need to start the season running.
If that doesn't happen then the new optimism will pop like a balloon.
I'm fed up hearing previous players and managers crowing what they are going to do.
Let's see this new regime do it first - then they can crow.

The last thing I want to hear is anything about us selling players with quality or good potential.
That's Rodenomics and it has failed.
Time to start building with quality bricks.

I live in hope.

SouthamptonHibs
28-06-2014, 05:53 AM

10/10 that's were I am just now. Hibs have to get back there by getting promoted this season.
Zero goodwill left from me, it's up to Hibs to perform.

Weststandwanab
28-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Brilliant post IH . Agree 100%

GgtthMe 2 spot on.

Glad it happened ? good luck with that. Have you stopped to think what would have happened if we had survived ?

I'll never be glad that it happened but I do appreciate the sentiment of the OP and I am now looking forward to the new season.

Relegation may well prove to have been the wake-up call that the whole club was needing.
I agree.

GGTTH

Betty Boop
28-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Are you going to be patient this season ? The players might need time to gel. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Are you going to be patient this season ? The players might need time to gel. :greengrin

:greengrin

The only patient is Hibernian football club, personally i'm not going to be at many games this season, tynecastle and Ibrox apart i wont see many games other than the ones on the telly.

Oh nearly forgot, i will be at any cup final we may progress to. :wink:

hibsbollah
28-06-2014, 07:39 AM
:greengrin

The only patient is Hibernian football club

:shocked:
:tumble:

hibbiedon
28-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Hibs first and foremost.

Im just a newco with 52 years of following but I agree with you bud GGTTH

Nutmegged
29-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Great OP, agree with almost everything apart from thr whole "Glad it happened" stuff, I'm not sure if you meant that or you just got carried away with your optimism for the future.

In the past, a regular top flight club going down would often become the catalyst for the rebirth of a club, a chance to sort itself out and bounce back better and fresher than they previously were, however, there was one Season going down would be a potential recipe for long term disaster and its this Season, being optimistic is perfectly fine but what happens if we don't go up this Season? Historically we've struggled against both Rangers and Hearts, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if we don't struggle against them over the course of the Season.