PDA

View Full Version : The Annual Summer Rebuild

Humo
27-06-2014, 03:55 PM
GK- None need at least 2

LB- Booth, Stevenson, McGivern - Would be happy with either Booth or Stevenson so no need to get another one in, get rid of McGivern.
CB- Hanlon, Nelson, Forster - Get rid of Nelson, bring in another CH and play forster in as rotation as he is still quite young and error prone.

RB- Need at least 2

LM- Stevenson, Harris - Get in a new LM and play Harris in a rotation

CM - Stevenson, Craig, Robertson, Stanton, OTJ - Get rid of Craig and OTJ get in another CM to rotate with Stanton

RM- Harris - Need a new RM

ST- Handling, Heffernan, Caldwell, Cummings - Send Handling out on loan, Get rid of caldwell he couldn't even do anything on loan, get a new ST to play with Heff while rotating with cummings.

A team like that with the right tactics, man management and motivation will do very well in the championship

Leitherhibs
27-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Think the young guys will have a part to play in first team squad. Andy black, euan smith if he gets a newl deal. Maybe some others i'm not familiar with, would rather have them as cover than the recent journey men we've picked up.

GlenrothesHibee
27-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Tin hat on but I really hope we keep Craig. Very good premiership player.

stoneyburn hibs
27-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Disappointed, I thought this thread was about the new Ministry of Sound album.

berwickhibee
27-06-2014, 05:17 PM

I agree:thumbsup:

HH81
27-06-2014, 05:22 PM

He was very poor last season so what makes you think he will improve this?

Ozyhibby
27-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Better Head Coach? Better formation and played in position? Maybe last season was a blip? Who knows? But he was a decent player for St. Johnstone, so maybe can be next season for us.

Smartie
27-06-2014, 05:32 PM

I am rarely ITK but I was hearing a few snippets about Liam Craig towards the end of last season.

He was utterly miserable playing for Hibs because the instruction from the touchline was to get it forwards as early as possible, at all times (see his chest/hoof combo many times over). Basically when he did this he was just following orders and when he did it he would get crucified by the Hibs' fans. If he didn't do it, he was in danger of going the same way as those who refused to follow Butcher's orders (see KT being sent to Coventry) by getting it down and playing.

He showed enough promise for me early in the season to be worthy of a fresh chance under the new manager, but if he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing pretty soon then he can follow the rest of the duds from last season out the door.

Keith_M
27-06-2014, 05:40 PM
It'll be interesting to compare this with how many we need in a year's time. To me, that will be the test of Dempster's new way of working at ER.

lucky
27-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm another who thinks Liam Craig should be kept. Last season is gone it's time for a fresh start for all the players and our new head coach. Only 1 out of ER that's a must is Petrie

famous fife
27-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Scott Robertson was outstanding for d utd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

famous fife
27-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Liam Craig was outstanding for st Johnstone what does that tell us?

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Liam Craig was outstanding for st Johnstone what does that tell us?

That he was with St Johnstone and that he was outstanding :wink:

famous fife
27-06-2014, 06:22 PM
You don't become a bad player overnight

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-06-2014, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=famous fife;4078675]Liam Craig was outstanding for st Johnstone what does that tell us?

That was outstanding isn't is outstanding??

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 12:37 PM
We need to bring in around ten players over the next eight weeks or so and at least six or seven of those need to be players who are going to be first team regulars.

We are so far away from being ready for competitive action it's quite scary, considering we play our first match in four weeks' time, although signings can be made pretty quickly so I'm not panicking too much yet.

--------
28-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Disappointed, I thought this thread was about the new Ministry of Sound album.

I agree:thumbsup:

So do I. Worth a chance with the new coach, definitely.

MontrealHibs
28-06-2014, 12:56 PM

The fact he was good for the previous 5 ...

MontrealHibs
28-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Scott Robertson was outstanding for d utd

He was also generally our best player when fit... He seems a bit if a injury liability...