PDA

View Full Version : 14 Senior Players

Lendo
27-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Just reading the Metro and it states that we only have 14 senior players left at the club. Does anyone have a list of who these 14 are?

Secondly how many players do we all think we can bring in before the season starts?

Keith_M
27-06-2014, 11:31 AM
The league season doesn't start until 9th of August*, which is six weeks tomorrow. I'd imagine Hibs have enough time to get some players in before then. Stubbs probably already has some players in mind.

The Transfer Window still has over two months to go and we'll probably still be looking for new recruits most of the way through.

* I realise the Ramsdens Cup starts before that but I'd be quite happy for Hibs to use it as a trial match or something for the U20s.

007 Mickey Weir
27-06-2014, 11:31 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html

MyJo
27-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Just reading the Metro and it states that we only have 14 senior players left at the club. Does anyone have a list of who these 14 are?

Secondly how many players do we all think we can bring in before the season starts?

the magic of the internet (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html)

RP1875
27-06-2014, 11:33 AM
the magic of the internet (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfileIndex/0,,10290,00.html)

Mark Kerr is in goals I see. :aok:

Keith_M
27-06-2014, 11:33 AM

That can't be right, there's no Goalkeepers section.

:hmmm:

MyJo
27-06-2014, 11:48 AM
That can't be right, there's no Goalkeepers section.

:hmmm:

I believe we are asking for special dispensation to play "any-man-in" :agree:

Lendo
27-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Far to much effort for a Friday afternoon. Would have involved opening a new browser window and typing words. I'm exhusted just thinking about it.

MyJo
27-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Far to much effort for a Friday afternoon. Would have involved opening a new browser window and typing words. I'm exhusted just thinking about it.

No worries Ryan, enjoy Port Vale :greengrin :wink:

Turkish Green
27-06-2014, 02:21 PM

What are they classifying as a 'senior' player. I assume that players like Jordan Forster, Alex Harris, Sam Stanton, Euan Smith and Jason Cummings are still in the U20s so not classed as senior.

PeterboroHibee
27-06-2014, 02:25 PM
What are they classifying as a 'senior' player. I assume that players like Jordan Forster, Alex Harris, Sam Stanton, Euan Smith and Jason Cummings are still in the U20s so not classed as senior.

Apart from Smith the rest of those guys are definitely senior players. If you dont include them weve only got about 9 or 10 players!

Turkish Green
27-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Apart from Smith the rest of those guys are definitely senior players. If you dont include them weve only got about 9 or 10 players!

That was my point, Cummings may be playing in the 1st team but he was not on a senior contract. Or at least he wasn't. I am not sure how you would define "senior". I would go with a player older than the U20s.

GreenCastle
27-06-2014, 02:33 PM
These are the general hibs.net views on our current squad...(not my views)..

Hanlon - not good enough sell (even though our defensive fell apart without him last season) good player keep
McGivern - Port Vale - Public enemy number 1 right now
Nelson - bombscare / bambi on ice / hoof ball merchant
Forster - he's a right back...no he's a CH...no he needs a decent player playing alongside him

Harris - scared - bottles it - slow - good player -
Robertson - he's ok - but doesn't score enough goals
Craig - terrible captain - good at pens - lazy - played out of position by TB - should come good under AS
Stevenson - every manager he's played under except Calderwood thinks he's ok. Tries hard - model pro - not good enough - big problem with Hibs teams last few players
OTJ - a big numpty - can't head, tackle or score - but he was decent at ICT and surely TB was going to get best out of him
Stanton - not too much pressure on him - quality player - one for the future

Handling - had chances, what's he done? Striker..no in the hole..needs to get games..not good enough
Heff - scores goals, will score for fun. No great loss
Caldwell - too arrogant, not good enough, worth a chance under AS, decent finisher
Cummings - all left footed, too young to lead attack, needs help around him and from midfield

Goalkeepers - no comments as we don't have any...:rolleyes:

calumhibee1
27-06-2014, 02:33 PM

If you take all them out along with Handling and Caldwell then there is 7 senior players. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
27-06-2014, 02:49 PM
That was my point, Cummings may be playing in the 1st team but he was not on a senior contract. Or at least he wasn't. I am not sure how you would define "senior". I would go with a player older than the U20s.

I dont think age really comes into it. You could have a guy who is 18 who is first choice in the first team, and he would be classed as part of the 'senior' playing team. Apart from Smith, all of the guys you mentioned were getting picked most weeks towards the end of last season.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
27-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Handling
Cummings
Caldwell
None of those three are anywhere near good enough to play up fropnt for Hibs, Caldwell out on loan says it all, Cummings goals to game ratio is absolute pish and he will end up at Falkirk/Dunfermline if he's lucky when his current deal expires. Handling could not score in a brothel with a £100 note stuck round his welt. Another who if he's lucky, will end up at a much smaller club than ours.

offshorehibby
27-06-2014, 03:44 PM
I can see possibly 5 of these players not being at ER come the end of the window. Either out on loan or let go.

McGivern
Nelson
OTJ
Caldwell
Handling

SouthamptonHibs
27-06-2014, 04:28 PM
These are the general hibs.net views on our current squad...(not my views)..

Hanlon - not good enough sell (even though our defensive fell apart without him last season) good player keep
McGivern - Port Vale - Public enemy number 1 right now
Nelson - bombscare / bambi on ice / hoof ball merchant
Forster - he's a right back...no he's a CH...no he needs a decent player playing alongside him

Harris - scared - bottles it - slow - good player -
Robertson - he's ok - but doesn't score enough goals
Craig - terrible captain - good at pens - lazy - played out of position by TB - should come good under AS
Stevenson - every manager he's played under except Calderwood thinks he's ok. Tries hard - model pro - not good enough - big problem with Hibs teams last few players
OTJ - a big numpty - can't head, tackle or score - but he was decent at ICT and surely TB was going to get best out of him
Stanton - not too much pressure on him - quality player - one for the future

Handling - had chances, what's he done? Striker..no in the hole..needs to get games..not good enough
Heff - scores goals, will score for fun. No great loss
Caldwell - too arrogant, not good enough, worth a chance under AS, decent finisher
Cummings - all left footed, too young to lead attack, needs help around him and from midfield

Goalkeepers - no comments as we don't have any...:rolleyes:

10/10 great post. It's not till you see it written down do you remember how bad we are.
Roll on 14/15 it's gonna be a belter

Aldo
27-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Handling Cummings Caldwell None of those three are anywhere near good enough to play up fropnt for Hibs, Caldwell out on loan says it all, Cummings goals to game ratio is absolute pish and he will end up at Falkirk/Dunfermline if he's lucky when his current deal expires. Handling could not score in a brothel with a £100 note stuck round his welt. Another who if he's lucky, will end up at a much smaller club than ours.

I think Cummings is a great prospect. Took both his goals very well in the play off.

As for goals to games ratio .... The laddie scored as many as Heff in the first team.

Also scored over 25 goals for U20's.

To say he's absolute pish is way off the Mark IMHO.

Dear dear

erin go bragh
27-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Handling
Cummings
Caldwell
None of those three are anywhere near good enough to play up fropnt for Hibs, Caldwell out on loan says it all, Cummings goals to game ratio is absolute pish and he will end up at Falkirk/Dunfermline if he's lucky when his current deal expires. Handling could not score in a brothel with a £100 note stuck round his welt. Another who if he's lucky, will end up at a much smaller club than ours.

Cummings scored 27 goals last season . Yes only 2 were for the first team but to say his goals to game ratio is pish is unfair on a young player with loads of potential .

Ggtth

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Handling
Cummings
Caldwell

Cummings is a young guy who was having to be the main man at 18 years old, trying to feed of long punts up the park. He did remarkably well in the circumstances, he should have been brought along much slower but due to us having an absolutely clueless manager he was thrown in at the deep end. How you can write him off already I don't know, but well done anyway
:rolleyes:

AlbertK86
27-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Handling Cummings Caldwell None of those three are anywhere near good enough to play up fropnt for Hibs, Caldwell out on loan says it all, Cummings goals to game ratio is absolute pish and he will end up at Falkirk/Dunfermline if he's lucky when his current deal expires. Handling could not score in a brothel with a £100 note stuck round his welt. Another who if he's lucky, will end up at a much smaller club than ours.

All about opinions but I believe if we get the right partner and play the correct style to suit Cummings he will be a revelation in the championship

The two goals at Hamilton especially the second were quality

IF we got Lyle Taylor alongside Jason I think they could be a good pairing

Jason is hungry and to me has far more quality than Handling and Caldwell

Handling if he toughens up a bit is skilful enough to make it as well

stoneyburn hibs
27-06-2014, 08:02 PM
I can see possibly 5 of these players not being at ER come the end of the window. Either out on loan or let go.

McGivern
Nelson
OTJ
Caldwell
Handling

Let go please

cat1875
27-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Handling
Cummings
Caldwell

100 grand bid from swansea knocked back from hibs for cummings but you obviously know better !

crash
27-06-2014, 08:35 PM
100 grand bid from swansea knocked back from hibs for cummings but you obviously know better !

When was this?

AlbertK86
27-06-2014, 08:51 PM
When was this?

A week or two ago

We will get at least 20 times that amount in about two years

StarMan10
27-06-2014, 10:14 PM
"@jordonforster23: Going to miss 2 of my best mates euansmith16 andyblack2 football is a cruel game.... #bestmates http://t.co/sajZ2GFJJq"

Would appear that Smith and black have definitely been released.

franck sauzee
27-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Handling
Cummings
Caldwell

Find it strange that you are so critical of Cummings. I've not heard any other hibs fan be critical of him. Handling and Caldwell do come in for some criticism but I'm not writing them off just yet, especially handling who could have a big year this year.

sorry if I'm wrong but your name and your post reeks of yam

offshorehibby
28-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Let go please

Let go what.

heretoday
28-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Harris needs to get farmed out for season to toughen him up. Can we afford to do that now we are in a lower division?

ian cruise
28-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Let go what.

The post said loan or let go, I think the poster was stating their preferred option.

Turkish Green
28-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Handling
Cummings
Caldwell
From your words highlighted, it is clear you know nothing.

If you mean Cummings' goal to game ration in the 1st team then look at the team he was splaying in. However, look at his goal to game ratio with the U20s (bearing in mind he is still only 18) and you will see that he is a prolific scorer. I have watched Jason play U19s at Hutchie and he is an exceptional striker. He is destined for better than Hibs, IMO. He will be immense next season if AS can find him a decent target man to play off of. And if he is not poached by a bigger club down south.

Eyrie
28-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Harris needs to get farmed out for season to toughen him up. Can we afford to do that now we are in a lower division?
We are the lower division club now, so we need to keep Harris. Either he can perform in the second tier, in which case it will restore his confidence for playing in the top flight, or else he can't in which case I'll wish him well at his next club.

GreenCastle
28-06-2014, 03:48 PM

It's not about toughen him up.

It's about getting him match fit - (he was rushed back from injury)

Get him playing with a decent full back and strikers / midfield.

Get his confidence back up and play to his strengths (feet).

PeterboroHibee
28-06-2014, 04:17 PM

We are in a lower division now so probably unnecessary. Good management by Stubbs could easily see him back performing in the first team, all he needs is a bit of confidence. It was ridiculous Butcher kept picking him towards the end of last season, he should have been completely removed from first team duties. The games vs Hamilton stand out in particular, he never looked like he wanted the ball and lost it almost every time he got it.

bingo70
29-06-2014, 08:06 AM
It's not about toughen him up.

It's about getting him match fit - (he was rushed back from injury)

Get him playing with a decent full back and strikers / midfield.

Get his confidence back up and play to his strengths (feet).

And on the left hand side.

Everything he's ever done well, and there was a lot at first, came down the left hand side.

The Leith Dutch
29-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Looking at what's been said 14 senior players is what I believe is planned for the squad.

I'm not sure how many of the 14 the OP is talking about are fully fledged senior players or how many count in the "Under 20" category as that's rarely a pure age distinction.

I certainly think we must add a few senior players before the season starts.