PDA

View Full Version : Judy Murray

Islington Hibs
27-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Judy Murray was on Radio 4 this morning on a programme called 'desert island Disks' she chose Sunshine on Leith as in her words Hibernian are a huge part of her and her boys life. Good to hear and a nice cultural experience for radio 4's listeners!

Billy McKirdy
27-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Judy Murray was on Radio 4 this morning on a programme called 'desert island Disks' she chose Sunshine on Leith as in her words Hibernian are a huge part of her and her boys life. Good to hear and a nice cultural experience for radio 4's listeners!

Would have been good to hear that.
Is it on podcast yet?

Moulin Yarns
27-06-2014, 10:37 AM

This must have been a repeat from Sunday as my better half must have been listening to it on Sunday and came out with "I didn't know Andy Murray's Grandad played for Hibs" :rolleyes:

Ok, she isn't really interested in football, in fact, she usually asks me how my day was every evening at about 6:45, just as David Curry comes on Reporting Scotland and then gets annoyed when I don't respond :greengrin

gorgie greens
27-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Heard David Tennant on Radio 2 and he picked Sunshine on Leith as one of his best tracks,not sure if he is a Hibby though

Green Reaper
27-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Here is the podcast:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/did/did_20140622-1200a.mp3

mjhibby
27-06-2014, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=gorgie greens;4078209]Heard David Tennant on Radio 2 and he picked Sunshine on Leith as one of his best tracks,not sure if he is a Hibby though[/QUOTE

Don't think he is but is a huge fan of Craig and Charlie. My other half thinks he is awfy nice and seems to be a very decent bloke.

woodythehibee
27-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Listened to Judy on Desert Island Discs on Sunday. Was a great listen. Some good stories along with some excellent songs. Well worth a listen.

Billy McKirdy
27-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Here is the podcast:

downloaded. Thanks.

Turkish Green
27-06-2014, 11:02 AM
My favourite actress: Mary Stuart Masterson (Some Kind of Wonderful), was in love with "500 Miles" and persuaded the director of "Benny & Joon" to have it as the opening music for the movie. It was a perfect fit.

12AlbionPlace
27-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Here is the podcast:

Worth listening just to hear Kirsty Young:drool:

Phil D. Rolls
27-06-2014, 11:04 AM
This must have been a repeat from Sunday as my better half must have been listening to it on Sunday and came out with "I didn't know Andy Murray's Grandad played for Hibs" :rolleyes:

Ok, she isn't really interested in football, in fact, she usually asks me how my day was every evening at about 6:45, just as David Curry comes on Reporting Scotland and then gets annoyed when I don't respond :greengrin

Mine is very good at that too. She is even able to stand in front of the telly if there is anything about Hibs on.

proud_and_green
27-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Mine is very good at that too. She is even able to stand in front of the telly if there is anything about Hibs on.

Yep, 40 minutes of silence can be broken at exactly the moment when the radio or tv announces the score/scorers/draw or whatever i have been wating for 40 minutes to hear!

Baader
27-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Judy Murray is incredible. Set out to be a tennis player when basically no-one in Scotland played the sport at a semi-professional level and saw to it she achieved this. Then coached her sons to realise the dream she had. As determined as you can be and a good Hibby too!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Andy Murray out, Judy Murray in!

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Really enjoyed listening to that

Moulin Yarns
27-06-2014, 12:40 PM

Yep, 40 minutes of silence can be broken at exactly the moment when the radio or tv announces the score/scorers/draw or whatever i have been wating for 40 minutes to hear!

Thank goodness it isn't just me. Maybe we should start a club :greengrin

Joe6-2
27-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Where do you sign up! ;-)

Turkish Green
27-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Worth listening just to hear Kirsty Young:drool:
Aye, but what has she done to hersel'. Overdid the botox by the look of things.

Newry Hibs
27-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Judy Murray is incredible. Set out to be a tennis player when basically no-one in Scotland played the sport at a semi-professional level and saw to it she achieved this. Then coached her sons to realise the dream she had. As determined as you can be and a good Hibby too!

Buggering off and leaving the Dad to raise the kids in the process.

ACLeith
27-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Where do you sign up! ;-)

I'm in! I thought it just happened on my house, such a comfort to know it's a problem shared.

ekhibee
27-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Heard David Tennant on Radio 2 and he picked Sunshine on Leith as one of his best tracks,not sure if he is a Hibby though
He was born in Bathgate but brought up in Paisley I think, not sure if he's a Hibby though.

oramhibee
27-06-2014, 03:48 PM

He's not, his grandad played for Derry City, but he doesn't support any team- the closest to Hibs he gets is liking The Proclaimers

weonlywon6-2
27-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Its impressive considering how poor we have been over the years.
All we need is Andy M to make some more money ,retire then buy Hibs !!!

grunt
27-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Interesting list of castaways who have chosen the Proclaimers http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/desert-island-discs/find-a-castaway/music-artist/1303b976-b862-4f04-94fd-a8d444e06714/artist-name/the+proclaimers

portycabbage
27-06-2014, 04:22 PM
He's not, his grandad played for Derry City, but he doesn't support any team- the closest to Hibs he gets is liking The Proclaimers

David Tennant was on one of those genealogy programmes, and I think he said one of his grannies in the weedge wouldn't allow anything green in the house!

snooky
27-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Andy Murray out, Judy Murray in!

Stubbs out - Judy Murray in :cb

bigwheel
27-06-2014, 06:14 PM
It is worth a listen... Quite emotive and uplifting - enjoyed it.

proud_and_green
27-06-2014, 08:31 PM

I wouldn't know when the meetings were...!

pacorosssco
27-06-2014, 08:50 PM
He was born in Bathgate but brought up in Paisley I think, not sure if he's a Hibby though.

Glad the man enjoys his music but clearly no football ma. All hearts and heriots. Keep him away from hibs I say. Never trust w man with atardis

Galahibby
27-06-2014, 09:00 PM

If it's any consolation to you guys, my other half does that too. As soon as anything about Hibs comes on the telly he decides to tell me about his day and I miss what they're saying on the telly! So it's not just us girls, those weirdos who prefer rugby to football do it too! :agree:

PenCHibee
27-06-2014, 09:47 PM

And she made Sunshine on Leith her choice No 7 ! Now that's class:not worth

The Harp
27-06-2014, 10:00 PM
That was great to listen to. She's some woman is Judy Murray - lovely voice too. Nice to hear the Hibs play such a big part in the life of her family.:aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Just wish Andy shared her love as much and he'd maybe consider donating some of his hard earned cash in

Green Cabbage 7
28-06-2014, 07:48 AM
Great listen and fitting she chose sunshine on leith as her 7th choice, just brilliant Judy!

Roxyhibee
28-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Thought Judy Murray was brilliant on that. Articulate, honest and just great to listen to. The way she simply ignored those **** tabloid newspapers and moronic ignorant hacks shows the dignity and intelligence she clearly has to focus on the important things in life she is trying to achieve. What a woman and what a fascinating life story. There's a best selling book in there.

Would love to see the Murray family on the pitch at Easter Road at half time at some point this season. Goodness knows, we'll need at least one thing to cheer..

basehibby
28-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Just wish Andy shared her love as much and he'd maybe consider donating some of his hard earned cash in

I think AM has his hands very much full at the moment endeavouring to be the best in the world at his chosen sport - something he could significantly reduce his chances of doing by diverting his energies and emotions (aside from money) into making a difference at Hibs.
You never know though - one day he might just consider doing such a thing, however, considering the impatient and unhealthy cynicism often displayed by football supporters at large he could be forgiven for seeking less stressful ways of enjoying his retirement when that day comes.

Criswell
28-06-2014, 10:28 PM
After Andy won Wimbledon last year I was hoping he would make an appearance at ER and we could all give him a cheer. I am sure the club would would have offered him an invitation (?) Maybe his playing schedule made this difficult, or maybe, the thought of actually having to watch the team last season proved too much to bear!

lord bunberry
28-06-2014, 10:36 PM
After Andy won Wimbledon last year I was hoping he would make an appearance at ER and we could all give him a cheer. I am sure the club would would have offered him an invitation (?) Maybe his playing schedule made this difficult, or maybe, the thought of actually having to watch the team last season proved too much to bear!
To be as good as Murray is you have to be completely focused on what you're trying to achieve, I've no doubt that when he starts to wind it down a bit he will find the time to take the adulation he deserves at the holy ground.

chrisski33
28-06-2014, 10:47 PM

Maybe he has a season ticket already?

FranckSuzy
28-06-2014, 10:55 PM

:agree: They did at some point but he couldn't make it so he sent some pals along instead to enjoy hospitality on his behalf :rolleyes: :greengrin I'm sure they also said at a WT meeting last year that after he won Wimbledon, they'd invited him but he was training for the US Open at that point so had to decline.

Golden Bear
28-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Hibs are obviously a major interest in the Murray family but Tennis is the money earner for now. I even heard on that ever so neutral radio channel BBC Radio Scotland that Andy was at one time a Rangers signing so maybe he has split loyalties?!

Nae chance, Andy is one of us and he'll not forget it!

LALthehibeeGAL
28-06-2014, 11:13 PM
David Tennant was on one of those genealogy programmes, and I think he said one of his grannies in the weedge wouldn't allow anything green in the house!

Yes it was "Who do you think you are" his family turned out to be huge orange people to the extent that his great gran or something wouldn't allow it" I think you could actually see him cringe as he seemed a little uncomfortable with it. Don't think he supports any particular team though.

Lal:wink:

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 11:22 PM
:agree: They did at some point but he couldn't make it so he sent some pals along instead to enjoy hospitality on his behalf :rolleyes: :greengrin I'm sure they also said at a WT meeting last year that after he won Wimbledon, they'd invited him but he was training for the US Open at that point so had to decline.

The tennis season runs from January-November so trying to fit in an appearance at Easter Road won't be the easiest thing in the world!