PDA

View Full Version : Boyd

Mark79
27-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Having medical at the huns. Money talks.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Was always destined to go there.....wait a minute! didn't our sad deluded neighbours not say he was signing for them? :confused:

greenginger
27-06-2014, 08:15 AM

Wonder if their medical checks are any more robust than their financial/crook/spiv checks have been recently.

Steve-O
27-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Can anyone actually explain where that lot are getting their money?

That bam will score about 30 goals next season.

Steve20
27-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Boyd and Miller will run riot in that division next season.

Ozyhibby
27-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Boyd and Miller will run riot in that division next season.

They may have to if they get deducted 25pts.

GreenCastle
27-06-2014, 08:34 AM
It's like groundhog day!

Boyd scored 22 last year in a crap Killie team - he will probably score more next season against lesser defenders.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2014, 08:35 AM

Aye, but whose money this time?

Either way they are "investing" to piss through the Championship.

RP1875
27-06-2014, 08:42 AM
So we're competing against a team that has Boyd, Miller, Daly and Clark as forwards in the 1st division. Next to nae chance of winning the league.

Barney McGrew
27-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Another example of The Rangers continuing commitment to developing young talent in the Scottish game

emerald green
27-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Der Hun will "spend" whatever it takes to get back into the SPFL (where the gateway to bigger money lies if & when they qualify for European competition).

Whether they actually have the money, that doesn't seem to bother them. Go into administration, get a CVA, and casually walk away from the wreckage you've left behind. What's the problem? Others have done it, and they think they are just wonderful!

jimmyboco1875
27-06-2014, 08:45 AM
I fancy our defenders to shut them out

neil7908
27-06-2014, 08:53 AM
So we're competing against a team that has Boyd, Miller, Daly and Clark as forwards in the 1st division. Next to nae chance of winning the league.

Ouch, for the division that's some forward line. Second place is really looking like our best shot now. I know Stubbs is just in the door but with the Rangers and Hertz both strengthening we need to be careful not to get left behind.

I'm really hoping we'll get a couple of players in the next few days although I appreciate quality is the key and if it takes Stubbs and Dempster a little longer to get the right player then fair enough.

skipster7
27-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Whos Clark ?

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Whos Clark ?

Sandys laddie

Ozyhibby
27-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Ouch, for the division that's some forward line. Second place is really looking like our best shot now. I know Stubbs is just in the door but with the Rangers and Hertz both strengthening we need to be careful not to get left behind.

I'm really hoping we'll get a couple of players in the next few days although I appreciate quality is the key and if it takes Stubbs and Dempster a little longer to get the right player then fair enough.

Do you really think Hearts are strengthening?

john18722
27-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Whos Clark ?

The hairdresser, Nicky

Michael
27-06-2014, 09:00 AM
No matter, we'll sign a better forward!:agree:

Aldo
27-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Whos Clark ?

Nicky Clark formerly of QOTS and son of Sandy!

FWIW we have as much chance as anyone else of winning the league and will get more of idea once we get a few players in.

Colr
27-06-2014, 09:03 AM

We never did have a chance of winning the Championship as it contained Rangers. The battle (and let's hope we can make it a battle) will be between Hibs and Hearts for a play-off spot.

Aldo
27-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Why do folk think we don't stand a chance of winning the league cos Der Hun and diet Hun are in it.

Let's be positive FFS. After watching Raith beat them in the RC final I think we will have as much a chance as either of them of winning the league!!

CraigHibee
27-06-2014, 09:09 AM
rangers trying to buy their way to victory by spending daft money on wages again no doubt, hope they get even deeper into debt

Ozyhibby
27-06-2014, 09:13 AM
The new Rangers are nowhere near as good as the old club. Hope Stubbs is a bit more ambitious than the fans on here.
We have nothing to fear from any team managed by Ally McCoist.

B.H.F.C
27-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Boyd and Miller will score plenty between them. I don't think the rest of their team is anything to shout about. Certainly at the back, signing players of the calibre of McGregor and looking at Bouzid. If they sort that side of things out then fair enough but until they do I think they are there to be got at.

Hard to assess our chances until we know what we are going to have.

PeterboroHibee
27-06-2014, 09:20 AM
The new Rangers are nowhere near as good as the old club. Hope Stubbs is a bit more ambitious than the fans on here.
We have nothing to fear from any team managed by Ally McCoist.

McCoist is a terrible manager, but their approach is to continue throwing money at any problem until they have achieved top flight football. They will easily win the league in my opinion (unless of course they go bust before then).

jodjam
27-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Do you really think Hearts are strengthening?

correct. I dont buy into some people's view that they are. Their squad will be weaker next season. Add in the fact they were playing for Locke last year and I dont believe they will be as strong as some seem to think

st3vie
27-06-2014, 09:33 AM
It was always gonna happen...its all about the £££££'s

easty
27-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Why do folk think we don't stand a chance of winning the league cos Der Hun and diet Hun are in it.

Let's be positive FFS. After watching Raith beat them in the RC final I think we will have as much a chance as either of them of winning the league!!

I think they have a better chance than us, but I'm not wetting my pants thinking about how good they are. They've got plenty goals in their team, but they'll concede plenty too. Defensively they're far from anything special, and in that big Moshni clown they've got one of the biggest diddy centre halfs I've ever seen them have.

RP1875
27-06-2014, 10:05 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28052969

bigwheel
27-06-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm quite enjoying the irony in that he worked so hard to keep Killie in the top league, and then goes and signs for a championship club...good signing for them though - decent front two!

AlbertK86
27-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Good signing for them but typical Boyd .... Few months ago wanted to be playing in a team that matched his ambitions in a competitive league

So a 1 year deal for the championship ...... Mmmh money (that they c***s) don't have talks. Their arrogance knows no ends

They will continue to get away with it tho

Sooner them and their ugly Glasgow sisters eff off down south the better

Del Boy
27-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Miller and Boyd will score plenty, but Clark is crap and Daly is well past his best.

SouthamptonHibs
27-06-2014, 04:35 PM
We are doomed! Boyd and Miller up front they will win the league by Feb.

emerald green
27-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm quite enjoying the irony in that he worked so hard to keep Killie in the top league, and then goes and signs for a championship club...good signing for them though - decent front two!

I've not seen Boyd's payslip, but I bet the money he will be getting at Greyskull will make his wages at Kilmarnock look like peanuts.

This is what Hibs and others are up against. Some things never change.

Steve-O
28-06-2014, 03:17 AM
We never did have a chance of winning the Championship as it contained Rangers. The battle (and let's hope we can make it a battle) will be between Hibs and Hearts for a play-off spot.

Away ye go.

Rangers have decent forwards, but they are definitely beatable.

None of this aim for 2nd pish this year IMO, aim for first, and actually mean it.

Ozyhibby
28-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Away ye go.

None of this aim for 2nd pish this year IMO, aim for first, and actually mean it.

100%

SouthamptonHibs
28-06-2014, 05:36 AM
Away ye go.

I agree with the last part of the post about us going for first spot. It has to be our goal and we should put everything into achieving this.
Sadly I don't think Hibs have that ambition.

Listening to Stubbs interview the other day he's not coming out and say I g "we are going to go for the league", what he said was "we want to finish as high as possible and get out the league as quickly as we can"

To me that sounds like if we get up through a playoff place that's great if not we will try to get up the following season"

Remember the Hibs way = let fans down, don't expect to much, five year plan, we'll try and get there as cheaply as possible

Bristolhibby
28-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Away ye go.

4 times a season?

J

The Leith Dutch
28-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Away ye go.

Very much this.

It's a mentality thing - traditionally the OF have better players but the teams that do well against them are the ones that don't go in thinking they're definitely going to get beat. And this is not an OF team that will definitely be better players in all positions.

Boyd and Miller are good signings at this level but:
1) They've probably pushed Sevco closer to another administration event and a 25 point penalty
2) Neither are young and both can be prone to injury - something that won't be helped by the agricultural defending they'll be facing

Their defence isn't up to much and McCoist is a useless manager.
Add to that infighting among their fans and there's nothing we can't overcome with the right attitude and a bit of ambition.

Spike Mandela
28-06-2014, 09:31 AM
We are doomed! Boyd and Miller up front they will win the league by Feb.

If we sign another two like Collins and Haynes we will be out of title challenge by Dec.:wink:

Flanny boy
28-06-2014, 09:41 AM
If we sign another two like Collins and Haynes we will be out of title challenge by Dec.:wink:
Make that october spike :rolleyes:

capitals_finest
28-06-2014, 09:49 AM
What can I say, not surprised in the least it is the Rangers way. The situation they found themselves in was an opportunity to build but despite how crap their manager is he is a Ger and he knows the Rangers fans need to feel like winners no matter what. It is fundamental to their existence as in general life the vast majority would fall into the looser category.

Steve-O
28-06-2014, 11:08 AM
4 times a season?

J

No reason why not.

NAE NOOKIE
28-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Lets face it, if we had signed Miller & Boyd we would be jumping for joy .. those two will score for fun in the Championship.

But ........ I for one aint for giving up just coz the Zombies have signed them, lets see what Leeann & Stubbsy can come up with before we chuck in the towel.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Miller and Boyd will score a barrowload next season and signing them (Boyd in particular) will probably win them the league.

We certainly shouldn't be aiming for second best though.

DH1875
28-06-2014, 08:37 PM
We're not playing the rangers every week so therefore, we don't have to beat them every week. Build a team who can beat everyone else and our games against them will take care of themselves.

Baader
28-06-2014, 08:47 PM
We're not playing the rangers every week so therefore, we don't have to beat them every week. Build a team who can beat everyone else and our games against them will take care of themselves.

Exactly. It's the rest we need to make a point of winning against.

Scottie
28-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Spot on but it would be nice to beat them every week.