PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Press Conference

TowerHibs
26-06-2014, 01:57 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28033116

New Hibs boss Alan Stubbs targets swift return to PremiershipNew head coach Alan Stubbs is aiming to get Hibernian back to the top flight "as quick as possible".

The 42-year-old former Celtic and Everton defender replaced Terry Butcher this week following the club's relegation from the Premiership.

Hearts and Rangers will be among the team challenging Hibs for promotion from the Championship next season.

"This is a new chapter for me and I intend to be as successful as I was as a player, even more so," said Stubbs.

The Englishman is taking his first steps in management, having served under David Moyes and Roberto Martinez at Goodison Park.

And he credits the passion of chief executive Leeaan Dempster for convincing him that Easter Road is the place to begin his latest career.

“I want the fans to be proud of the team they see on the pitch”

Alan Stubbs
"I've had a great introduction at Everton, doing five years with the Under-21s," he explained.

"I've had a few opportunities where I could have gone into management but I didn't think they were right at the time.

"When I finished playing I didn't want to be one of those who thought I could automatically make the jump into management.

"So I did all my (coaching) badges and I have learned from a couple of what you would call decent managers in David Moyes and Roberto Martinez.

"Now I feel I'm ready and meeting with Leeann and hearing her vision for taking this club forward was exciting.

"Every manager that has gone on to do well has been a novice at some time. They all needed an opportunity, the same as me. Then it's up to you to make what you can of that opportunity.

“It's going to be an exciting league. I don't think Rangers anticipated playing against Hearts and Hibs this year”

Alan Stubbs
"I've got a great chance here to be successful, along with Leeann, who is very driven. I don't see why that can't happen."

Stubbs will need to begin reshaping the squad he has inherited swiftly since 15 first-team players have been released since the club were relegated.

"The one thing I can guarantee is that it won't be through a lack of hard work," he continued. "I'll be utilising all of my contacts and calling in all the favours I've given in the past to try and put a team out that is going to be exciting to watch.

"I want the fans to be proud of the team they see on the pitch.

"And with the work that we are doing, I'm sure we can get that.

"It's going to be an exciting league. I don't think Rangers anticipated playing against Hearts and Hibs this year.

"It's a strange situation because maybe the Championship is going to be more exciting than the Premiership. There are interesting times ahead."

Meanwhile, Hibs have entered into "a significant six-figure partnership deal" with Marathonbet, which will see the bookmakers become the club's new main sponsor.

The initial two-year agreement includes an option to extend to a third year.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Heard Leeann on Forth sport at lunchtime. Said players would be leaving, and new ones would be coming in. Would have a decent budget for the season ahead

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Heard Leeann on Forth sport at lunchtime. Said players would be leaving, and new ones would be coming in. Would have a decent budget for the season ahead

Interesting to see who leaves. !!!

More interesting to see who comes in. !

EdinMike
26-06-2014, 02:27 PM
On a lighter note from Rat Face..

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-progress-vision-sold-me-reveals-alan-stubbs-1-3457962?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Good read !

weonlywon6-2
26-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Hopefully this is the start of a bright future with the new coach and ceo on place

RP1875
26-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Interesting to see who leaves. !!!

Sweet Jesus let it be Nelson and McGivern.

AlbertK86
26-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Good interview with Stubbs on STV Sport web page outlining his ideas and aims for the club

J-C
26-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Sweet Jesus let it be Nelson and McGivern.

Heff if he's in talks with Carlisle that is.

RP1875
26-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Heff if he's in talks with Carlisle that is.

Fair play. Out with the old.

Can they not buy one get one free?

Onion
26-06-2014, 02:41 PM
If Stubbs gets us back to Prem in one season he'll have have worked miracles and will already be in radar for a bigger job.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Says a number 2 will be appointed in the coming days
Good positive interview, hope his action meet his words. Good luck Alan

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 02:54 PM
And he credits the passion of chief executive Leeaan Dempster for convincing him that Easter Road is the place to begin his latest career.

Just when you thought they couldn't find yet another way to spell Leeann..

:greengrin

jimmyboco1875
26-06-2014, 03:40 PM
Link anyone?

DanTheMan
26-06-2014, 03:43 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/280627-alan-stubbs-leeann-dempsters-hibernian-vision-convinced-me-to-take-job/

greenlex
26-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Go get Ian Murray to work with him with a view to taking over when Stubbs goes. After that get some up and coming manager to work with Ian till Ian us ready to move on. Succession planning. It's the future.

Scottie
26-06-2014, 08:08 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/280627-alan-stubbs-leeann-dempsters-hibernian-vision-convinced-me-to-take-job/
Saying all the stuff I want to hear. Exciting times ahead. :aok:

monktonharp
26-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Go get Ian Murray to work with him with a view to taking over when Stubbs goes. After that get some up and coming manager to work with Ian till Ian us ready to move on. Succession planning. It's the future.:agree: I like

micka_weer
26-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Sure he said on stv earlier that everyone at the club would be getting a chance? Assumed that meant no one else would be leaving??

Lago
26-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Really impressed with his interview, positive and ambitious for the club and himself.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm fed up listening to manger after manager tell me what they intend to do, and how they intend to do it. Just do it Alan, give me a manager who walks the walk for once.

AlbertK86
26-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Another great interview here.

The more I hear the man talk the better feeling I get he will be good for the club

Interesting bit where he says Leeann is determined to right the wrongs that have gone on at the club before and later on when asked about Petrie he is very diplomatic, acknowledges there is an issue but wants to move forward and let Leeann sort that issue - her department

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/9362866/stubbs-relishing-hibs-challenge

The_Horde
26-06-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm fed up listening to manger after manager tell me what they intend to do, and how they intend to do it. Just do it Alan, give me a manager who walks the walk for once.

So you want him to ignore the questions he was posed by press?

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2014, 08:46 PM
;4077751']So you want him to ignore the questions he was posed by press?

No, i'm just fed up listening to it.

weecounty hibby
26-06-2014, 08:57 PM
I am fairly optimistic about the Dempster, Stubbs, Craig partnership. Nothing concrete I can put my finger on but I just feel like the club could eventually be heading in tbe right direction at long long last

bigstu
26-06-2014, 08:58 PM

Agreed. I find it hard to get excited by a new manager now. I know it's not Stubbys fault though.

Steven_Hibs
26-06-2014, 08:59 PM
All managers have done this. Talked the talk. Ditching the utter dross that got us relegated and signing higher quality replacements will keep him in a job!

The_Horde
26-06-2014, 09:01 PM

I agree but you can't slate him for it. Press is probably the last thing he wants to be dealing with but he has to.

J-C
27-06-2014, 12:03 AM

What do you expect him to say G, he's gonna give it a wee bash, hope the tactics he chooses works etc. Of course he's going to come out and say very positive things in his 1st main interview, that's what you do to get the fans on board, I'm really not that bothered what he says as most new managers say the same thing, I just want one that does it for a change.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Seen something in the Evening News I think it was... That Stubbs will give Heff and Craig a second chance.

MWHIBBIES
27-06-2014, 12:21 AM
No, i'm just fed up listening to it.Don't then, it really is that simple.

macd123
27-06-2014, 12:47 AM
I am fairly optimistic about the Dempster, Stubbs, Craig partnership. Nothing concrete I can put my finger on but I just feel like the club could eventually be heading in tbe right direction at long long last

Should be better than the petrie - calderwood combination

HFC07
27-06-2014, 06:56 AM
I'm quite excited to see what Stubbs can do, I don't think he's going to be anybody's mug.

He comes across really well, I cant wait to see the signing he brings in.

:flag::flag: Alan Stubbs Green & White Army.

bingo70
27-06-2014, 07:09 AM
I've enjoyed listening to him so far, Seems enthusiastic and will demand high standards, something been missing in recent years.

I've still got concerns about his style if football being' winning' as that's not a style, it's a result. I know he's said about being a passing team as well but I worry he's saying that to say the right things.

All things said abd done though I'm positive about what I've seen so far but will obviously only be able to make a real judgement once the season starts.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 07:12 AM
;4077797']I agree but you can't slate him for it. Press is probably the last thing he wants to be dealing with but he has to.

Point me to where i am slating him for giving his opinion? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 07:14 AM
What do you expect him to say G, he's gonna give it a wee bash, hope the tactics he chooses works etc. Of course he's going to come out and say very positive things in his 1st main interview, that's what you do to get the fans on board, I'm really not that bothered what he says as most new managers say the same thing, I just want one that does it for a change.

I expect him to say pretty much what he did, i'm just fed up with what every new manager we appoint says. Its just like a white noise for me now, and as i said i'd pretty much fed up with what they say. I want results now not just talk.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Don't then, it really is that simple.

Not really that easy though is it?

busby7062
27-06-2014, 07:25 AM

hope its nelson and mcgivern and stubbs brings in some creative players

ronaldo7
27-06-2014, 07:26 AM
I expect him to say pretty much what he did, i'm just fed up with what every new manager we appoint says. Its just like a white noise for me now, and as i said i'd pretty much fed up with what they say. I want results now not just talk.

:agree: If you go back to the last 4 or 5 managers, they're all saying much of the same really. It's all about what he puts on the park and how they perform for me now.

I just want to win football matches:aok:

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 07:37 AM
:agree: If you go back to the last 4 or 5 managers, they're all saying much of the same really. It's all about what he puts on the park and how they perform for me now.

Yip 100% correct Ronnie, its not his fault we have heard it all before, but it will be his fault if we get more of the same.

Just get us winning Alan, and get us promoted. :pray:

Onion
27-06-2014, 07:44 AM

Agree, but it helps when the new manager sounds like he has a clue, at least. That's not always been the case with recent appoints like Yogi and Calderdud who sounded completely out of their depth.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Agree, but it helps when the new manager sounds like he has a clue, at least. That's not always been the case with recent appoints like Yogi and Calderdud who sounded completely out of their depth.

Not when they were first interviewed after getting the job, they all pretty much said exactly the same things. And to be fair to them all, its the stock answers they very much all have to say.

Its getting results that seems to be the difficult part, not answering questions from a sports pundit.

ronaldo7
27-06-2014, 08:00 AM

Even including those two.

The first interview was always about how big the club is, the training facilities, everything is in place etc etc. It's been done to death. Alan is only answering the questions as honestly as he can, but it's now about winning games of football.

I think he said that too:greengrin