PDA

View Full Version : Maybury to coach at Falkirk

GreenCastle
26-06-2014, 11:29 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/alan-maybury-to-coach-at-falkirk-1-3457495

Played more than I thought he would last season but always gave his best and was a model professional - not the best right back we ever had but at least put in honest performances compared to a few others.

Good luck to him :agree:

easty
26-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I'll not miss him, and in a few years time I'll probably forgotten he played for Hibs.

hibs4thecup1988
26-06-2014, 11:54 AM
I'll not miss him, and in a few years time I'll probably forgotten he played for Hibs.

:aok:

Maybury in my view was one of the consistent players last season. Never shirked away from anything. Good luck to him at Falkirk... probably score against us if he plays

Marty-Hibee
26-06-2014, 11:58 AM
He'll not be overly missed as a player from the perspective that we should be moving forward. However I would have liked to have seen him kept on as a youth coach. Obviously I don't know how good his coaching is, but from the experience and lifestyle of the guy, our kids could do a lot worse than to learn from him

Golden Bear
26-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I've nothing but respect for Alan Maybury.

He was on the wrong end of a fair amount of let's say "criticism" but he was professional enough to rise above it and went on to be one of our few consistent performers last season.

I'd welcome him back at ER anytime but in the meantime I wish him well in his future career path.

Winston Ingram
26-06-2014, 12:02 PM

He was on the wrong end of a fair amount of let's say "criticism" but he was professional enough to rise above it and went on to be one of our few consistent performers last season.

I'd welcome him back at ER anytime but in the meantime I wish him well in his future career path.

Probably our best player in the run:agree:

truehibernian
26-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Wish all our players were as committed, professional and hard working - we'd still be in the SPFL is they were.

All the very best to a very decent player and person :aok::top marks

heretoday
26-06-2014, 12:07 PM

Exactly. He seems to have been quite popular though. Must have been a charmer.

RP1875
26-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Good luck to him. ***** but tried his best in horrible circumstances.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Good luck Maybs. Nothing but respect for the guy, always gave it his all and was arguably our best player towards the end of an horrendous season.

Stevie Reid
26-06-2014, 12:32 PM

:agree:

Wish we'd signed him years earlier. Even on his last legs was the best RB we've had since Whittaker.

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2014, 12:37 PM
quite a few wild crosses of the ball, but best of luck to the man

hibee_girl
26-06-2014, 01:40 PM

Absolutely :agree:

SON OF PADDY
26-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Well said GB All the best Alan.

HKhibby
26-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Wish we'd signed him years earlier. Even on his last legs was the best RB we've had since Whittaker.

Seems to have been and yes i would agree with since Whittaker!...without a doubt, should still be involved at Hibs in some sort of role!, anyway good luck to him and deserves a decent break!

allezsauzee
26-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Good luck Alan...apart from against Hibs obviously. Solid performer for us. Not only gave us 100% but defended very well!

Bronson
26-06-2014, 04:59 PM
One of the few who never hid at the end of last season, wish him all the best:aok:

kaimendhibs
26-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I wish Alan Maybury well for the future. Always tried and our most consistent player. Unfairly targeted by boo boys too often.

Sent from my iphone

Hibiza
26-06-2014, 05:25 PM
more money , for more old rope . Was past it 7 yrs ago.

Hibiza
26-06-2014, 05:28 PM
quite a few wild crosses of the ball, but best of luck to the man yup, every single one.

Zazu62
26-06-2014, 05:33 PM
He played in a back four that included mcgivern and Nelson so he was always going to be up against it most games , why didn't pat fenlon buy a right back at the start of the season? Forgot Clancy was kickin about to

--------
26-06-2014, 05:34 PM

Same here. He's a very decent lad, and he'll make a good coach. Always professional and gave 100% even when the uber-hibees were abusing him and calling him filthy names.

Wish him well at Falkirk and wherever his career takes him from there.

Mr White
26-06-2014, 06:48 PM
why didn't pat fenlon buy a right back at the start of the season? Forgot Clancy was kickin about to

He did, he signed fraser mullen. That didn't exactly work out though.

Billy Whizz
26-06-2014, 06:50 PM
He did, he signed fraser mullen. That didn't exactly work out though.

With my reckoning the following players all had a go at right back last season
Mullen
Forster
Stevenson
Maybury
Can't remember if Clancy actually played?

Mr White
26-06-2014, 06:52 PM
With my reckoning the following players all had a go at right back last season
Mullen
Forster
Stevenson
Maybury
Can't remember if Clancy actually played?

I don't think he did.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Wish the boy well. Never really claimed to be anymore than an filler in or an honest trier. What I will take from Maybury's time in the first team, more than anything else, was how much it mattered that he had once played for Hearts and how that seemed to be more important than the fact that that other ten players around him, couldn't give a flying **** about Hibs.

Jonnyboy
26-06-2014, 08:26 PM

This 100%

Seems to have been and yes i would agree with since Whittaker!...without a doubt, should still be involved at Hibs in some sort of role!, anyway good luck to him and deserves a decent break!

Punted .... at last :thumbsup:

more money , for more old rope . Was past it 7 yrs ago.

You could be next :greengrin

.Sean.
26-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Nothing but the utmost respect for him.

Shame on the family of fuds in the East who dished out some frankly vulgar abuse at the man game after game after game when he initially signed for us. Thankfully, they were punted before he was. Never hid and never let us down and I wouldn't have been averse to keeping him on.

All the best AM :aok:

Pretty Boy
26-06-2014, 08:43 PM

Well said. Agreed.

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Deserves the same respect he showed to us so I wish him well and every success in the future.

Mr White
26-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Deserves the same respect he showed to us so I wish him well and every success in the future.

Steven_Hibs
26-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Supposed model pro however all he did last season was hoof it and get booked for wild challenges especially the latter half of the season. Dreadful player in his time here. How folk can say he was decent baffles me

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Supposed model pro however all he did last season was hoof it and get booked for wild challenges especially the latter half of the season. Dreadful player in his time here. How folk can say he was decent baffles me

It's all about opinions mate, yours baffles me!

Jonnyboy
26-06-2014, 09:01 PM
It's all about opinions mate, yours baffles me!

Ditto

calder45a
26-06-2014, 09:04 PM

http://replygif.net/i/328.gif

scoopyboy
26-06-2014, 09:04 PM
I have respect for Alan Maybury.

I think he gave his best for the club.

However he should never have been signed for Hibs at his age, there has to have been better available and failing that it stopped a laddie getting a chance who now might not even be at the club.

Andy Black or Ryan Baptie for example.

Vini1875
26-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Yes good luck to him. I was not a fan but he certainly won me over as far as being an honest hard working pro is concerned he was first class. If others with more abilty had as much endeavour we would not be in the position we are.

Aldo
26-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Respect and thanks for his efforts.

I think he was a model pro who never let the club down.

dp00
26-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Good luck to him... Always tried and in the game at home to Hamilton looked like one of the players that really wanted us to stay up

FranckSuzy
26-06-2014, 10:43 PM

Have to say, your attitude baffles me. Steven_Hibs is your user name but I can't remember any positive posts that you've made about the club. Very strange, IMHO :confused:

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 09:09 AM
He seems the type to go on and do well as a coach, I hope he does well but I'm glad he won't be playing for us next season.

Smartie
27-06-2014, 02:49 PM
We've had a few "shrinking violets" over the past few years and several opposition managers have spoken of the atmosphere at ER and how easy it is to get our fans on the players' backs. Several players have looked to wilt under this pressure.

Any impressionable youngster should look at Maybury as an example of how to block out drivel coming from the stands, rise above it and win over people with drive, effort and ability. Even in the face of diminishing physical ability he adapted his game to cope and gave a very decent account of himself. I'm delighted to see that his contribution to the club during a horrible period is generally being acknowledged and appreciated on this thread.

I wish him well and feel that Hibs' loss will be Falkirk's gain, both as a player and a coach.

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 03:24 PM
We've had a few "shrinking violets" over the past few years and several opposition managers have spoken of the atmosphere at ER and how easy it is to get our fans on the players' backs. Several players have looked to wilt under this pressure.

Any impressionable youngster should look at Maybury as an example of how to block out drivel coming from the stands, rise above it and win over people with drive, effort and ability. Even in the face of diminishing physical ability he adapted his game to cope and gave a very decent account of himself. I'm delighted to see that his contribution to the club during a horrible period is generally being acknowledged and appreciated on this thread.

I wish him well and feel that Hibs' loss will be Falkirk's gain, both as a player and a coach.

I can't agree that he will be a loss as a player, he came in when needed and gave his all but we need better.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I can't agree that he will be a loss as a player, he came in when needed and gave his all but we need better.

Of course we do but he was a reliable experienced player and to be able to bring him into the team for injuries/suspensions would be ideal so for that reason I also think he will be a loss to our squad.

st3vie
27-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Hope he is a better coach than he was a right back

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Of course we do but he was a reliable experienced player and to be able to bring him into the team for injuries/suspensions would be ideal so for that reason I also think he will be a loss to our squad.

He was an experienced reliable player who didn't have the legs to get up and down the wing, it was noticeable when he played that he very rarely overlapped the right winger. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at the guy, he came in and did the best he could, which was more than can be said of many others

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Hope he is a better coach than he was a right back

If he is he will be an exceptional coach.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2014, 04:06 PM
He was an experienced reliable player who didn't have the legs to get up and down the wing, it was noticeable when he played that he very rarely overlapped the right winger. I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at the guy, he came in and did the best he could, which was more than can be said of many others

Smartie
27-06-2014, 04:40 PM

I think he was found out a bit against the best, fastest players in the league (see the Celtic cup final) but he was still capable of performing well against the vast majority of his opponents in the SPFL. He'll be an asset for Falkirk in the Championship.

I also think that our fullbacks have been horribly exposed at times due to our grim lack of quality at wide midfield.