http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Holden

From twitter @vitalhibs

I'll try get the link up next

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2014, 09:52 AM
if it was Amanda Holden i swear i would buy a season ticket

The Green Goblin
26-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Or William Holden: nobody would mess with him.

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Seriously underwhelmed !!!

timewilltell
26-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Why?

This is about who Stubbs feels he can work with and help us progress as a club.

Maybe he should have asked you who you want first..!!!

portyfelly
26-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Or Texas Hold em to link in with Marathon bet??:cb

BigKev
26-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Link (http://www.hibs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=361982)

CallumLaidlaw
26-06-2014, 10:32 AM
The writer obviously has a pm membership

BigKev
26-06-2014, 10:33 AM

It's in today's Sun :agree:

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Why?

This is about who Stubbs feels he can work with and help us progress as a club.

Maybe he should have asked you who you want first..!!!

Don't be such a dick .. I am allowed my opinion just like you are yours even though they differ ! Christ this board is being policed now by Tom. dick and Harry !

Gordy M
26-06-2014, 10:40 AM
19 years at Everton, thats exactly the type of guy i want as Stubbs assistant. Plenty of experience with various quality managers.

TowerHibs
26-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Don't be such a dick .. I am allowed my opinion just like you are yours even though they differ ! Christ this board is being policed now by Tom. dick and Harry !

he does have a point though. No need in the aggressive response

Heisenberg
26-06-2014, 10:47 AM

Who did you want? This guy was coaching at Everton for ages and will have gained a very good set of skills whilst doing so.

leggeto
26-06-2014, 10:49 AM
As long as they can work well together, good enough for me

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Will Les Dennis be coming as well or was their break up permanent?

chinaman
26-06-2014, 10:53 AM
if it was Amanda Holden i swear i would buy a season ticket
Would you still want her before the face transplant ??

Lago
26-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Seems to be your pat statement.

Hibby70
26-06-2014, 11:47 AM

I think Hibs7 is actually Shania Twain.

Thecat23
26-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Is there a reason your underwhelmed? Not being funny or that but just wondering why and also who would you have liked?

Personally think this could be good for Hibs but will wait and see.

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Another one ! .. where do you get that from ??

JimBHibees
26-06-2014, 12:01 PM

Was that not Dean Holden tho?

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Is there a reason your underwhelmed? Not being funny or that but just wondering why and also who would you have liked?

Personally think this could be good for Hibs but will wait and see.

A fair question, not like some of the other comments. My reason is the teams he has played with none of them top class, only coached at under 21 level, we already have a first coach with better credentials, but again only coached at under 21 level, so was looking for someone that has done a bit more.

Thecat23
26-06-2014, 12:24 PM
A fair question, not like some of the other comments. My reason is the teams he has played with none of them top class, only coached at under 21 level, we already have a first coach with better credentials, but again only coached at under 21 level, so was looking for someone that has done a bit more.

I don't think it really matters where a manager has played in all honesty. Terry Butcher played for England at the highest level yet failed badly. Stubbs has played in the Champions League (I think) and for me helped through many of Evertons young players.

Working under Moyes and Martinez will help him as well. We do have a very good coach at under 21 level and I think between him and Stubbs our youth should improve.

It's not the name it's the man. If he plays football and has an attacking passing side I'll be very happy. And he's said that's what he wants to bring.

But it's all about opinions and everyone is different just hope we're both happy come the end of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
26-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Would you still want her before the face transplant ??

before, after, and even during...yes please :drool:

Haymaker
26-06-2014, 12:29 PM
I think coach U21s is in someways harder - you lose sections of your teams per year through age, not making it, loaned out etc. If you can keep a steady ship (as IIRC Everton have at that level) then that, to me, is very impressive.

CapitalGreen
26-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Remind me again who Jose Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Arsene Wenger, Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez played for.

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Remind me again who Jose Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Arsene Wenger, Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez played for.

Selective picking of my post .. That was only part of the reasons

Hibs7
26-06-2014, 01:43 PM
I don't think it really matters where a manager has played in all honesty. Terry Butcher played for England at the highest level yet failed badly. Stubbs has played in the Champions League (I think) and for me helped through many of Evertons young players.

Working under Moyes and Martinez will help him as well. We do have a very good coach at under 21 level and I think between him and Stubbs our youth should improve.

It's not the name it's the man. If he plays football and has an attacking passing side I'll be very happy. And he's said that's what he wants to bring.

But it's all about opinions and everyone is different just hope we're both happy come the end of the season.

TC this is not about the manager but about his assistant, but I totally agree with your comments re Stubbs and your last sentence.

hibs4thecup1988
26-06-2014, 01:55 PM
I seriously think certain people forget Tony Mowbray. Not going to say Stubbs will be like that, but for god sake give him a chance and give who he brings in a chance.

Not going to lie I'd have preferred Unsworth or Weir or both however this guy will get my full backing. If we can start to sign players I may think about getting a season ticket.

timewilltell
26-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Just as a matter of interest......who DO you want?

IanM
30-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Has arrived at East Mains this morning..

California-Hibs
30-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Has arrived at East Mains this morning..

Source?

GreenCastle
30-06-2014, 09:21 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/485682/Hibs-to-name-Holden-as-No-2

Onion
30-06-2014, 09:26 AM

There's a serious lack of tolerance on this forum these days. Everyone needs to accept that for many it's crap being a Hibby at the moment for good and obvious reasons and the range of comments/views will be diverse. That would not be the case if the club/ team was doing well.

Jumping on poster comments just because it's less positive or more questioning than others is senseless and uncalled for.

Hermit Crab
30-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Source?

Hibs transfers rumours page on Facebook. Someone (allegedly) there and seen him arrive with Dempster earlier.

lapsedhibee
30-06-2014, 10:03 AM
I don't believe they ever played together. Wenger's 64 and Rodgers is 41. Even twenty years ago there would have been quite a big age difference between them, and Wenger wasn't a goalie.

Peevemor
30-06-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't believe they ever played together. Wenger's 64 and Rodgers is 41. Even twenty years ago there would have been quite a big age difference between them, and Wenger wasn't a goalie.

I'm hearing that the age difference was exactly the same then as it is now. I got a text. :wink:

lapsedhibee
30-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm hearing that the age difference was exactly the same then as it is now. I got a text. :wink:
Texts are only approximations. I think it's something to do with the binary math they use. When Wenger turned 44 Rodgers was only 20, so sometimes when you go back twenty years the gap is actually bigger.