PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Marathonbet Named New Main Sponsor

RSS Bot
26-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Six-figure partnership deal agreed

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140626/marathonbet-named-new-main-sponsor_2262950_3930343)

Gatecrasher
26-06-2014, 09:43 AM
never heard of them before so the marketing is working already :greengrin

Hibstrooper
26-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Good news!

I really hope they aren't precious about their logo being red though - red on green :dizzy:

khib70
Huge international betting company. Also sponsor Dinamo Kiev and West Ham. More here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathonbet

Lewis77
It's nuts to have them as a sponsor!

Disclaimer. Thieved this idea for this joke off a guy in another post.

khib70
26-06-2014, 09:49 AM
It's nuts to have them as a sponsor!

Disclaimer. Thieved this idea for this joke off a guy in another post.
You'd think they'd get with the times and rename themselves Snickersbet...

jacomo
26-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Boo! to betting sponsorship. Sounds like we are whoring our fan base to make this work, with stadium and online betting. Also this will presumably replace any existing relationship with a competitor, reducing overall benefit.

This may have been the best deal we could negotiate, but I won't be happy buying anything with their logo on it.

RP1875
26-06-2014, 09:55 AM
They haven't even got any deals for opening an account. I'm out.

Hopefully we get wifi sorted at ER as it's an online company.

green&left
26-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Good start to the new partnership. Nae odds what-so-ever on Scottish football on their website yet :greengrin

HH81
26-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Its all about the money good to see its six figure deal.

RP1875
26-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Exactly. It's not a gamble at all.

Spike Mandela
26-06-2014, 09:59 AM

£9,999.99:wink:

CapitalGreen
26-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Boo! to betting sponsorship. Sounds like we are whoring our fan base to make this work, with stadium and online betting. Also this will presumably replace any existing relationship with a competitor, reducing overall benefit.

Without knowing the sums involved I don't know how you can come to that conclusion. You think Hibs would negotiate an overall sponsorship package that would leave us worse off?

mglancy23
26-06-2014, 10:02 AM
They haven't even got any deals for opening an account. I'm out.

Hopefully we get wifi sorted at ER as it's an online company.

haha I went to look for a deal too but they dont have any :(

Waxy
26-06-2014, 10:04 AM
It's a betting site for choccy bars? Bet u a marathon that Mexico win the world cup.

Waxy
26-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Or can you only bet on marathons?

Billy Whizz
26-06-2014, 10:06 AM
It's a betting site for choccy bars? Bet u a marathon that Mexico win the world cup.

It was an Aztec bar at the 1970 World Cup in Mexico

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Oh great, a Gambling Sponsor.

:rolleyes:

Steve-O
26-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Oh great, a Gambling Sponsor.

:rolleyes:

Oh sorry, perhaps we should've got UNICEF or The Salvation Army...

hibees4life89
26-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Really hope it's not the red over the green as seen on fulhums strip last season

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/06/fulham-13-14-2013-14-adidas-home-kit.html?m=1

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 10:13 AM

What's your problem?

:confused:

I disagree with the promotion of gambling because I've seen it ruin people's lives. Is that OK with you????

HH81
26-06-2014, 10:15 AM
£9,999.99:wink:

Seriously though for a 6 figure sum it can say I lovebitslovefromsilver on the shirt for all i care!

Sprouleflyer
26-06-2014, 10:21 AM
What's your problem?

I disagree with the promotion of gambling because I've seen it ruin people's lives. Is that OK with you????

I take it your were not happy with Crabbies then?

jacomo
26-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Without knowing the sums involved I don't know how you can come to that conclusion. You think Hibs would negotiate an overall sponsorship package that would leave us worse off?

1. I'm making an inference.
2. No, I'm not saying Hibs are worse off than having no sponsor. I am saying that the real cash benefit to the club may be lower than you would think from reading 'significant six figure partnership'.

California-Hibs
26-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Beats the heck out of 'Crabbies' I mean what an eye sore of a name plastered right on the front of the top CRABBIES !!!!

I was not a fan!

Ultimately in our position it's about being in money and I'm delighted we've managed to get a large amount from the new sponser.

Plus......the feathery bits to the side of the logo remind me of Fred Perry.....that's not too bad.

Jim44
26-06-2014, 10:27 AM
What's your problem?

How well did the previous sponsorship by an alcohol company sit with your approval?

HFC07
26-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Do you think hibs will still allow ladbrokes to do match betting at the stadium with us being sponsored by another bookies. Marathonbet might have an issue with that.

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 10:33 AM
How well did the previous sponsorship by an alcohol company sit with your approval?

I made the mistake of posting the same thing on two threads, which means I'm now having to answer the same question on each. If you want my view on that, feel free to read it on the Official Unveiling (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286160-Official-unveiling) thread :wink:

marti1875
26-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Do you think hibs will still allow ladbrokes to do match betting at the stadium with us being sponsored by another bookies. Marathonbet might have an issue with that.

Well if you read the story it states that Marathonbet will operate all in-stadium betting from the start of the forthcoming season.

RP1875
26-06-2014, 10:36 AM
I made the mistake of posting the same thing on two threads, which means I'm now having to answer the same question on each. If you want my view on that, feel free to read it on the Official Unveiling (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286160-Official-unveiling) thread :wink:

Or you could have copied and pasted here :greengrin

Should go back to Macbean Protective Clothing. Sure they would pay 6 figures and be nice and safe! :aok:

Steve-O
26-06-2014, 10:37 AM
What's your problem?

Nope.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Sounds like we are whoring our fan base

:faf:

RP1875
26-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Jesus Christ you would think we are being sponsored by Jimmy Saville Memorial judging some of the reactions.

Do people actually think having a random betting company sponsor us will encourage people to gamble? People will gamble if they want anyway, what it will do is encourage folk who already gamble to use this website instead of Willie Hills etc.

silverhibee
26-06-2014, 10:48 AM
What's your problem?

So does drinking, did you have the same opinion about our last sponsors.

Northern Hibby
26-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Can anybody knock-up a mock strip with the new sponser?

silverhibee
26-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Seriously though for a 6 figure sum it can say I lovebitslovefromsilver on the shirt for all i care!

eggthrowerlovefromsilver

Jim44
26-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Most companies offering football sponsorship tend to be of a controversial PC type. Do we take the moral high ground and stare a gift horse in the mouth or do we go with the flow and reap the benefits like every other club who accept the possible stigma?

marti1875
26-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Can anybody knock-up a mock strip with the new sponser?

but we don't even have a strip to even do a "mock-up" :greengrin

HH81
26-06-2014, 10:53 AM
eggthrowerlovefromsilver

Haha. Too many getting uptight on the sponsors.

lord bunberry
26-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Good start to the new partnership. Nae odds what-so-ever on Scottish football on their website yet :greengrin
I've just been on their website and it's got odds for leagues in Finland and Peru but not Scotland :confused:

Peevemor
26-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Most companies offering football sponsorship tend to be of a controversial PC type. Do we take the moral high ground and stare a gift horse in the mouth or do we go with the flow and reap the benefits like every other club who accept the possible stigma?

Reality dictates that you have to take the dosh where you can get it, though I personally would prefer that we didn't have a bookie's nae on our shirts, especially one with a crap logo.

RP1875
26-06-2014, 11:04 AM
I've just been on their website and it's got odds for leagues in Finland and Peru but not Scotland :confused:

That will obviously change in the coming weeks. :aok:

Brightside
26-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Only Hibs fans could complain about getting a 6 figure sponsor deal after being relegated!

ionahibby
26-06-2014, 11:07 AM
I would use this but i notice they don't do horse racing?

nribs
26-06-2014, 11:17 AM
I can't watch a game off football now without there being loads off adds for betting sites giving me odds for next goalscorer, I can't pick up a parer and read the sports pages without seeing adds for several betting sites. I understand peoples lives are ruined by gambling just like peoples lives are ruined by drink etc. I personally don't have a problem with our new sponsors but i can see why some people do.

Vini1875
26-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Good news!

I really hope they aren't precious about their logo being red though - red on green :dizzy:

Their logo looks red, white and blue to me. I hope its not just a big white rectangle on the front of the tops, with their logo plastered over the front of it.

On the Fulham top it doesn't look too bad against a white top, but would look brutal against a green top.

fishybeaver
26-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Dont get any fuss about drinking \ gambling advertising.

People ruin people's life's.

Drink to often you become an alocholic
Gamble to much you can become addicted

Its the individual who puts themself into that enviroment that causes the problems, not the bookmaker or brewing companies.

No one is force to do either.

Waxy
26-06-2014, 11:28 AM
What's your problem?

Surely gambling and bookies don't ruin lives, it's people who ruin there own lives by gambling money they don't have and depriving their kids food/clothes etc because they are greedy to win more? Now where did i put my crash helmet.

Fat Boab
26-06-2014, 11:29 AM

Just been on the web site:

Football ante post scotland

gers 4/9
hibs 9/2
hearts 9/2
falkirk 25/1

ew 1/3 1,2

whats the problem?

greenginger
26-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Dont get any fuss about drinking \ gambling advertising.

People ruin people's life's.

Drink to often you become an alocholic
Gamble to much you can become addicted

Its the individual who puts themself into that enviroment that causes the problems, not the bookmaker or brewing companies.

No one is force to do either.

I've no problem with a betting company sponsorship, however across the road .....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/wonga-ordered-to-pay-26m-compensation-after-using-fake-law-firms-to-chase-debts-9561678.html

The " Heart and Soul of Edinburgh " :confused:

Lago
26-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Just as well we hadn't hooked up with a pay day lender, such as WONGA.

Pretty Boy
26-06-2014, 11:32 AM
When it comes to football sponsors it's likely to be companies that believe they will appeal to a sizeable chunk of the support hence breweries, bookies etc or for smaller teams local companies. It's only at the real top end you are likely to get multinational airlines, car manufacturers, banks etc.

I'm aware gambling can ruin lives but unfortunately we are in a position were we can't be too choosy and it's take what we can get.

lord bunberry
26-06-2014, 11:38 AM

gers 4/9
hibs 9/2
hearts 9/2
falkirk 25/1

ew 1/3 1,2

whats the problem?
You're right I didn't try the football ante post section

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 11:38 AM

I'm aware gambling can ruin lives but unfortunately we are in a position were we can't be too choosy and it's take what we can get.

Thanks PB, that is the most honest reply yet.

:aok:

I'm going to write one more thing before I leave this topic for good...

It's really sad that so many posters on here refuse to allow someone to hold, or write, an alternative view to theirs. Some of the responses to, what I thought, was a perfectly reasonable comment have been almost hysterical, purely because I said I was "dissapointed" my club decided to promote gambling.

worcesterhibby
26-06-2014, 11:39 AM

gers 4/9
hibs 9/2
hearts 9/2
falkirk 25/1

ew 1/3 1,2

whats the problem?

Hibs now out to 6/1 3rd favourites

theonlywayisup
26-06-2014, 11:39 AM
West Ham United are pleased to announce that Italian giants UC Sampdoria have been confirmed as the opposition for the first-ever Marathonbet Cup, which will be held at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday 9 August at 3pm.
Four-time Italian Cup winners and 1991 Serie A champions, 'i Blucerchiati' will provide the Hammers with their final pre-season test ahead of the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League campaign.
Managed by former Yugoslavia defender Siniša Mihajlović, Sampdoria finished 12th in Serie A last season but will be hopeful of challenging for a European place next term.
The Genoa-based club possesses a cosmopolitan squad featuring the likes of Italy striker Manolo Gabbiadini, Serbia midfielder Nenad Krstičić, Iceland midfielder Birkir Bjarnason and Poland duo Bartosz Salamon and Paweł Wszołek, while Mihajlović's team is captained by Daniele Gastaldello.
Two Sampdoria players have experience of English football - Germany international defender Shkodran Mustafi spent two years with Everton as a youngster, while Italian forward Stefano Okaka scored Fulham's winner in a 3-2 Premier League victory against West Ham at Craven Cottage in May 2010.
West Ham have met il Doria just once previously, but Hammers fans will be hoping for better than the 6-1 Makita International Tournament defeat suffered at Highbury in August 1991. That day, Renato Buso scored four times and Toninho Cerezo and Attilio Lombardo once each for the Italians, with George Parris netting the Hammers' consolation goal.
In all, Sampdoria won the Makita Tournament in three straight seasons between 1990 and 1992, beating Arsenal in two finals before overcoming Leeds United in the third.
The Italian club will be visiting England for the first time in seven years, with Alan Smith scoring Newcastle United's winner in a 1-0 victory at St James' Park in August 2007 during their last visit to the country.
The visit of Sampdoria completes a rich and varied pre-season schedule for Sam Allardyce's squad, which includes fixtures against seven teams from six different countries.
Tickets for this game will be priced at £15 for adult Season Ticket Holders and £5 for Under-16s with a Season Ticket. Non-Season Ticket Holders can buy their tickets in advance at £20 for adults and £10 Under-16s. Matchday prices rise by £5 in both categories.

NOLA
26-06-2014, 11:41 AM
that logo will look honking on our jerseys, :bitchy:

Peevemor
26-06-2014, 11:42 AM
that logo will look honking on our jerseys, :bitchy:

That logo would honk in a honking logo competition.

EH6 Hibby
26-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know if the Kids strips will be allowed to have this sponsor on them? I've been disappointed with the last couple, they've looked more like training tops without the sponsor on them.

silverhibee
26-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Haha. Too many getting uptight on the sponsors.

Really couldn't give a toss what sponsor we have, as long as it brings in good money to the club then that's what matters most, notwatchingcricketwithbitstoday. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
26-06-2014, 11:56 AM
We could be sponsored by Josef Fritzl Joiner & Sons and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Incidentally, Fritzl was the only joiner to ever have a silencer on his nail gun.

TRC
26-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I've had a bad gambling problem for years and while its under control now. I know the addiction is still there its the same with any addiction. I don't have a problem with a bookie being the sponser but I can see the reasons why people might.

CMac1988
26-06-2014, 12:06 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2s9sj8g.png (http://postimg.org/image/xde1k3mw3/)

Quick edit but yeah. The logo on the Hibs site is horrendous. Go with what they've been using at Fulham and make it green and it looks o.k. Give me a red logo on green and I won't be buying a Hibs top for the next 2 or 3 years.

EDIT

Just for reference.

http://i60.tinypic.com/296lq39.png

nribs
26-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I've had a bad gambling problem for years and while its under control now. I know the addiction is still there its the same with any addiction. I don't have a problem with a bookie being the sponser but I can see the reasons why people might.

Seriously good post, very brave off you to say that in a public forum. So glad to hear you have it under control.

GreenCastle
26-06-2014, 12:12 PM
http://www.snspix.com/10021299/print/10021299.html

looks red and white on the polo here

Scott Allan Key
26-06-2014, 12:15 PM
It's legal to gamble and to advertise gambling in this country. Even if it wasn't it would still happen but probably to a lesser extent if it was socially unacceptable and illegitimate. Any promotion of potentially harmful activity will encourage it. I wouldn't wear it personally but it is kind of inevitable in football environment to appeal to lowest common denominator. Perhaps we can be sponsored by Cabbage next time as a healthy alternative?

3pm
26-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Good deal.

A big online presence and we all know that's not real money you bet with so it's fine in my book.

CMac1988
26-06-2014, 12:22 PM
http://www.snspix.com/10021299/print/10021299.html

looks red and white on the polo here

Yuck. They're using the other logo in the inflatable at the back of this picture...

https://mobile.twitter.com/STVPaul/status/482134353133469696/photos

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-He9DELjRBn8/UdcPgS93HKI/AAAAAAAAEpQ/VsAMKxGtkds/s1600/Fulham+FC.jpg

Lago
26-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Are some of us not being a tad precious about this.

TRC
26-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Seriously good post, very brave off you to say that in a public forum. So glad to hear you have it under control.

Thanks nribs

Bristolhibby
26-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know if the Kids strips will be allowed to have this sponsor on them? I've been disappointed with the last couple, they've looked more like training tops without the sponsor on them.

I wouldn't think so.

Booze isn't allowed so why should similar age restricted products like gambling be allowed.

Incidentally I agree, the kids aren't happy with a shirt with no sponsor (or a sponsor that isn't the first team sponsor).

I wouldn't be too bothered either way. I wore the Carlsberg shirts when I was younger and have had no lasting damage. If anything I steer clear of Carlsberg, but that's just because it's pish.

J

Beefster
26-06-2014, 12:52 PM
What's your problem?

Alcohol has ruined a lot more lives than gambling but we all seemed fairly comfortable with Crabbies and Whyte & MacKay. Some folk object to McEwan & Fraser too.

All legal activities though so it's fair enough for Hibs to take them all on as sponsors.

Scònaldò
26-06-2014, 01:01 PM
What a lot of sensitive nonsense, making a big deal over nothing. Plenty people bet, like myself without having a gambling problem.

The_Horde
26-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I don't care who our sponsor is or what they do.

But I do care how the logo looks on the strip and, unless they make it green, it's going to look rotten IMO!

Big_Franck
26-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I couldn't care less that our main sponsor is now a gambling company.

What I don't want is a red or blue logo anywhere near our top. It'd look horrible and I'd not be buying any of the tops or training gear.

marti1875
26-06-2014, 02:01 PM
;4077267']I don't care who our sponsor is or what they do.

But I do care how the logo looks on the strip and, unless they make it green, it's going to look rotten IMO!

This. Just the thought of an awful red logo with the green strip..uurrgghh....surely they will see sense....surely.......

wookie70
26-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Will they be in it for the long run

lucky
26-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Just had a look at their site and you can't bet on horse racing that I can see. As for them being the sponsor, betting is socially acceptable. Would you rather have a payday loan company?

down-the-slope
26-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Alcohol has ruined a lot more lives than gambling but we all seemed fairly comfortable with Crabbies and Whyte & MacKay. Some folk object to McEwan & Fraser too.

All legal activities though so it's fair enough for Hibs to take them all on as sponsors.

Did we :confused:

Interesting that many often trot out stuff about our routes and foundations as something of moral worth - which was getting young men caught up in drinking of the streets and playing football - but forget this when its convenient

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyone fancy doing a mock up kit with the new sponsor?

Kyle A
26-06-2014, 02:50 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2s9sj8g.png (http://postimg.org/image/xde1k3mw3/)

Quick edit but yeah. The logo on the Hibs site is horrendous. Go with what they've been using at Fulham and make it green and it looks o.k. Give me a red logo on green and I won't be buying a Hibs top for the next 2 or 3 years.

EDIT

Just for reference.

http://i60.tinypic.com/296lq39.png

Red and green should never be seen.

Hibbyradge
26-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Will they be in it for the long run

:aok:

ScottB
26-06-2014, 02:53 PM

Rangers don't have their betting sponsor logo on kids tops, so presumably not

TheFamous1875
26-06-2014, 02:56 PM
What would be good is if the 'MARATHON' was green or white and the wee sideways 'bet' at the end was red, appeasing both the club and the sponsor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1950's hibbie
26-06-2014, 03:00 PM
I realise people have opinions about certain things, gambling, alcohol, etc. What I wonder is how many people would look at a name on a football players shirt, and have them led into a life of gambling. In fact how many really look and pay attention to the advertising there. I think if I was going to sink into a life of addictive gambling it would be when trying the machines in the pub, or when I walk past a Casino. Hibs can use money, getting six figures to put a name on a shirt is good business, and resposibility for lifestyle is on the individual not the world.

sidjames
26-06-2014, 03:20 PM
If they ever sponsor the dodgers it could be rearranged to "Bather am not"

HKhibby
26-06-2014, 04:28 PM

And to think Hibs supporters used to trash Hearts for having Wonga on their shirts!

Peevemor
26-06-2014, 04:30 PM
And to think Hibs supporters used to trash Hearts for having Wonga on their shirts!

He's away again! :rolleyes:

HKhibby
26-06-2014, 04:30 PM

This may have been the best deal we could negotiate, but I won't be happy buying anything with their logo on it.

Well said

LancsHibs
26-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Wouldn't dream if comparing Wonga with MarathonBet:confused:, not read the papers today?

HibeeMassive
26-06-2014, 04:34 PM

:troll:

Crazyhorse
26-06-2014, 04:38 PM

I would've preferred that. Especially the Sally Army....

emerald green
26-06-2014, 06:46 PM
No matter what the moral arguments for and against booze or betting being advertised on football strips, can either be any worse than loan sharks?

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-06-2014, 06:50 PM

I love your posts, you complete and utter zoomer!

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Finally, he's gone :greengrin

Turkish Green
26-06-2014, 07:14 PM
No matter what the moral arguments for and against booze or betting being advertised on football strips, can either be any worse than loan sharks?

No it is not, but using one to justify the other is not right either.

For the argument I do not like alcohol brands sponsoring football teams and I am not keen on Bookies or pay day loan sharks doing it either but I can live with them.

emerald green
26-06-2014, 07:22 PM
No it is not, but using one to justify the other is not right either.

For the argument I do not like alcohol brands sponsoring football teams and I am not keen on Bookies or pay day loan sharks doing it either but I can live with them.

:agree:

RP1875
26-06-2014, 07:54 PM
I love your posts, you complete and utter zoomer!

:)

WestCoastHibby
26-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I miss the Bukta logo........

SeanWilson
26-06-2014, 08:02 PM
I realise people have opinions about certain things, gambling, alcohol, etc. What I wonder is how many people would look at a name on a football players shirt, and have them led into a life of gambling. In fact how many really look and pay attention to the advertising there. I think if I was going to sink into a life of addictive gambling it would be when trying the machines in the pub, or when I walk past a Casino. Hibs can use money, getting six figures to put a name on a shirt is good business, and resposibility for lifestyle is on the individual not the world.

Well said that man.

oramhibee
26-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Huge international betting company. Also sponsor Dinamo Kiev and West Ham. More here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathonbet

Was it not Fulham rather than West Ham? Last season West Ham was Alpari FX Trading.

West hamBERNIAN
26-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Was it not Fulham rather than West Ham? Last season West Ham was Alpari FX Trading.

Yeah, used to be SBO bet and still use SBO at the Boleyn

oramhibee
26-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah, used to be SBO bet and still use SBO at the Boleyn

I don't remember seeing West Ham with Marathon on their shirts... I do remember SBO though

Peevemor
26-06-2014, 08:33 PM

The gambling thing started to bug me when the club started it's weekly announcements on the official site (complète with direct news feeds to here) enticing us all to have a punt with Scotbet. Obviously that was part of the sponsorship deal, but for me it had a feeling of "go on, just one drink, you know you want to" , etc.

Scotbet were a minor sponsor, so you've got to wonder what sort of stuff we're going to get from the new crowd.

For example, it wouldn't surprise me if eventually there are some free bet deals exclusive to Hibs supporters. These sort of deals are very much aimed at new customers.

I'm pleased that Hibs have a sponsor and the fact that it's a bookie isn't going to perturb my sleep - but given the choice I'd rather it was something else.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-06-2014, 10:06 PM

This season its the snickers mob with us on their portfolio too.

Come on you Irons!

Steve-O
28-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I would've preferred that. Especially the Sally Army....

They are worthwhile organisations without a doubt, however I doubt they were going to provide Hibs with a lucrative deal...

NAE NOOKIE
28-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Were Hibs not at one point owned by a man who had made his fortune through gambling? I.E. Kenny Waugh.

I would also prefer Hibs to have a nice soft drink ( 7up please ) or such like as sponsor, but this is the reality we live in and its join in or be left behind.

Lets face it ....... Everything is bad for you if you don't have control over it:

Drink ........ Alcoholism
Food ......... Obesity
Betting ...... Gambling addiction
Hibs .......... Long bouts of depression.

The only thing I would actively be down on is a payday loan company. Not just because the Yams are sponsored by one, though that doesn't help, but because these firms deliberately and shamelessly target the desperate and charge outrageous sums for their services to people who are already skint with little other option.

I like another poster once had a problem with gambling .... until one Friday evening many years ago I realised that I had put half my weeks wages into the bandit in my local. I lied to my then wife and said it had fallen out of my pocket. Theres nothing like shame to help you give something up. From that day to this the only bets I have done are on the Friday of the Cheltenham festival and never more than I can afford to lose. Which is just as well coz I invariably do.

TRC
28-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Tramadol cause its painful watching us

Gerard
28-06-2014, 02:27 PM
It is good that Hibs have a sponsor. I was surprised to see that there is no incentive to sign up and get an account with this sponsor

Yuillsy
28-06-2014, 05:12 PM
As a kid I witnessed 1st hand the affects of serious gambling on my family, as a result of that I don't gamble myself.
That said I don't mind Hibs being sponsored by Marathon bet. It certainly won't make me want to start gambling and I think at best it will only make existing gamblers aware of somewhere else to place their bets.
Hibs need cash just now to compete to get out of the championship and if this company are giving us the most cash then so be it.
If Marathon bet can afford to sponsor Hibs and West Ham they will no doubt be able to afford serious television advertising. When that happens the advertising on the strip will be virtually irrelevant.