PDA

View Full Version : Hallam Hope

Leitherhibs
25-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Hallam Hope is to be alan stubbs first signing, potentially on loan. Dont know the exact details of the deal, but hes hoping to get him up here ASAP. Martinez is keen for the lad to experience more first team football and has respect for the scottish game. The lad plays in evertons u21/reserve side and is a centre forward im told.
Source - an agent friend.

Elephant Stone
25-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Good scoring record while on loan from Everton and for the England youth teams, looks exciting.

Unseen work
25-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Couple of people mentioned him aswell as a paper, looks a good prospect and scored out on loan quite a bit

GloryGlory
25-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Hallam Hope is to be alan stubbs first signing, potentially on loan. Dont know the exact details of the deal, but hes hoping to get him up here ASAP. Martinez is keen for the lad to experience more first team football and has respect for the scottish game. The lad plays in evertons u21/reserve side and is a centre forward im told.

Well, it sounds better than the hit and hope we have been used to. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
25-06-2014, 11:14 AM

And you know this, how?

Smartie
25-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Underwhelmed.

I'd rather we got Bob Hope/ The Pope /Soap on a Rope etc etc.

I just wanted to be the first.

He sounds good to me.

Leitherhibs
And you know this, how?

Read the last sentence.

Unseen work
And you know this, how?

Clearly says at the bottom. Up to you if you beleive it

Franck Stanton
25-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Read the last sentence.

oops my mistake lol - appointment already made at specsavers.

brog
25-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a real possibility. Represented England at all age levels to date, 32 caps & 18 goals. Contract up at end of season so a season long loan would possibly suit both clubs.

Waxy
25-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Whelmed. We're gonna have to trust.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Am I right in saying he was at Bury last season and scored a few for them?

Speedway
25-06-2014, 11:29 AM
And you know this, how?

Do you mean 'source'?

Speedway
25-06-2014, 11:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallam_Hope

The goalie
25-06-2014, 11:34 AM
How long until we get some Jurno coming up with a Hallam Foe reference :)

Speedway
25-06-2014, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW59YDXpMik

Hope for us all.

The goalie
25-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Hat trick hero :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpeWdreE59M

Sylar
25-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that LD didn't want us making/see the point in loan deals?

Peevemor
25-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that LD didn't want us making/see the point in loan deals?

I don't remember that.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Not a hope in hell

TheFamous1875
25-06-2014, 11:44 AM

I'm not sure, but Motherwell have consistently used the loan market to their advantage over her tenure.

Actually, I think she may have been making the point of using our budget more wisely, suggesting that rather than having journeymen loanees as our main players we'd be having loan players supplement our squad? That rings more of a bell to me, although I may just be hearing what I want to hear :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stevie Reid
25-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't see why anyone at ER would categorically write off us using loan signings - a lot of them haven't worked out for us recently, but others certainly have over the years. In the case of Griffiths, we had one of the most successful loan signings ever.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Not a hope in hell

Have some hope ffs eh. :greengrin

TheFamous1875
25-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Have some hope ffs eh.

Sometimes as a Hibby, you have hope, you keep hoping, and then WOOSH, you lose hope!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Sometimes as a Hibby, you have hope, you keep hoping, and then WOOSH, you lose hope!

:greengrin

monktonharp
25-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Source - an agent friend.exactly what we are crying out for. a loan signing of an under 21 player, with great potential, what better place to send him tnan HFC, with probably the best training facilities in Scotland.:rolleyes: I'm sure the fans will flock to ER, renew ST's buy merchandise etc if this is the shape of things to come for this adventure of a lifetime season to come.

Keith_M
25-06-2014, 12:03 PM
He's a bit short for a Centre Forward, only 5'10".

How's he gonna cope with all the 'hopeful' lobs into the box?

Sylar
25-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't remember that.

I'm not sure, but Motherwell have consistently used the loan market to their advantage over her tenure.

Actually, I think she may have been making the point of using our budget more wisely, suggesting that rather than having journeymen loanees as our main players we'd be having loan players supplement our squad? That rings more of a bell to me, although I may just be hearing what I want to hear :wink:

I don't see why anyone at ER would categorically write off us using loan signings - a lot of them haven't worked out for us recently, but others certainly have over the years. In the case of Griffiths, we had one of the most successful loan signings ever.

I think I was perhaps confusing it with her comments outlined in the notes Pretty Boy provided from one of her early meetings, where she's aware of the pitfalls of loan signings without necessarily dismissing them outright:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?285283-Notes-from-meeting-with-Leeann-Dempster&p=4052017&viewfull=1#post4052017

Leeann was asked about our policy on loan players going forward. Too many don't identify with the club and haven't been good enough.

She said they do have a role but we must recruit our own players better. We have been known for years for bringing through young players like Steven Fletcher and Scott Brown. She said we need a succession plan so good players are replaced by good players from within. She reiterated loan players have a role but accepted they cost without always offering value. She went on to say this feeds into the recruitment are. There will be a full review of recruitment from top to bottom with George Craig. We must recruit not just the right players but the right type of person/ All new players will have social media lessons directly with Leeann. She is sick of bad publicity about Hibs, she won't tolerate any more embarrassments.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Same size as Heffernan.

Keith_M
25-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Same size as Heffernan.

You just backed up my point perfectly

Jamesie
25-06-2014, 12:07 PM

Griffiths was very different though - he knew what the club was all about and was from Edinburgh. I'm not knocking loan signings all together but they do little to break down the "us and them" mentality we've had between far too many of the players and fans over the last few years - Matt Doherty probably being one of the best examples of this.

Although maybe I'm being unrealistic in harking back to the bygone era of your Geebsies, KeithKeithKeiths and Tortolanos and maybe that disconnect I refer to is just part and parcel of the modern game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 12:07 PM
You just backed up my point perfectly

:agree::greengrin

nribs
25-06-2014, 12:11 PM
I can't see us not going for some loan signings. If our strategy is to get out at 1st time of asking we need to build that team and then build another team to keep us in the spfl.

Stevie Reid
25-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Griffiths was very different though - he knew what the club was all about and was from Edinburgh. I'm not knocking loan signings all together but they do little to break down the "us and them" mentality we've had between far too many of the players and fans over the last few years - Matt Doherty probably being one of the best examples of this.

Although maybe I'm being unrealistic in harking back to the bygone era of your Geebsies, KeithKeithKeiths and Tortolanos and maybe that disconnect I refer to is just part and parcel of the modern game.

That almost worked against us at first though - he was a maniac when he first arrived, almost sent off v Hearts right after coming on and then constantly suspended for making stupid gestures at fans. His head was all over the place and his form was sporadic at best.

But you're correct in that not every loan signing can be a Griffiths or a Grant Brebner - though Claros came from thousands of miles away and fell in love with us. Ultimately, if the player is good and does well, there is likely to be a decent bond between the fans and the player.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 12:58 PM
I can't see us not going for some loan signings. If our strategy is to get out at 1st time of asking we need to build that team and then build another team to keep us in the spfl.

I don't see much of a difference between a one year loan and a one year contract. It's the calibre of the player that matters. Motherwell, Aberdeen and St Johnstone have used the market well in the past few seasons. It's better than giving huddies like Nelson and McGivern 2 year deals that's for sure.

TRC
25-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Claros was a loan signing and after his first half season I don't think anyone would have grumbled if he had not returned. However he did and was passionate about the club city fans, this after being slated for his performance in the 2012 cup final. Fair enough he may have had his own agenda to move to a bigger club in the UK. Give me 5 loan signings of the ilk and I'll be a happy man!

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-06-2014, 01:07 PM

That's what I thought..

With respects I don't want this team filled with loan players! haven't we had enough problems in the past?

RP1875
25-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Claros was a loan signing and after his first half season I don't think anyone would have grumbled if he had not returned. However he did and was passionate about the club city fans, this after being slated for his performance in the 2012 cup final. Fair enough he may have had his own agenda to move to a bigger club in the UK. Give me 5 loan signings of the ilk and I'll be a happy man!

Claros hid in the majority of the big games.

Lang Toun Hibs
25-06-2014, 01:28 PM

But it's cheating isn't it?! ;o)

If we can get a few loan signings in to help us get up, then who wouldn't want that?

J-C
25-06-2014, 01:29 PM
I think the fact that Stubbs has worked with the lad, he'll know exactly what he's about and if he'll fit in up here, gotta to start to trust the new man.

J-C
25-06-2014, 01:30 PM

No, Claros took a while to settle, no wife and missed the birth of his child while here, was a stand out the following season when he had his wife and kid and was settled, or you could just ignore these things eh.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 01:34 PM

Made Scott Brown his bitch when we beat them 1-0 at ER, thanks to a goal from Sparky.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 01:36 PM
No, Claros took a while to settle, no wife and missed the birth of his child while here, was a stand out the following season when he had his wife and kid and was settled, or you could just ignore these things eh.

Sorry but I can't remember playing well in any big game. All derbies and Hampden matches he was anonymous. He had more ability than the majority of the team and that stood out but his performances very rarely did.

There was only one stand out. His name is Leigh Griffiths.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Made Scott Brown his bitch when we beat them 1-0 at ER, thanks to a goal from Sparky.

Celtic had far more possession and double the amount of shots on goal than us that game. :aok:

Bronson
25-06-2014, 01:42 PM

I distinctly remember him man-marking Gary Hooper that game... Superbly so, might I add.

Hibiza
25-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Hope that Hope is more than a hope and hope if a deal being done not a 3 month job ( when theres no hope left). You can only hope.

--------
25-06-2014, 01:44 PM

Don't think so. Someone may have speculated on the subject - no end of speculation on here lately.

Motherwell used loan signings to good advantage during her time there - a season-long loan deal with a good young player makes sense.

Panic loans random loans in January just for the sake of it (as the Butcher of Hibs did this year) make no sense at all.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Celtic had far more possession and double the amount of shots on goal than us that game. :aok:

Still doesn't change the fact that Claros had Brown in his back pocket most of the game. Who cares if tbey had more of the ball and more shots? We won and that's what counts.

GGTTH

Haymaker
25-06-2014, 01:53 PM
My pal, a very highly qualified and experienced football coach, sat down to watch a Hibs game with me once. His only remark was "That fella Claros is brilliant at what he does." Enough for me.

Claros may not score many, or assist, but he is always open to receive and relief pressure or help to switch play and also develop from deep. In modern football these sorts of players are worth their weight in gold.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that Claros had Brown in his back pocket most of the game. Who cares if tbey had more of the ball and more shots? We won and that's what counts.

GGTTH

Celtic being on top the majority of the game and having double the chances of us indicates their play maker wasn't in anyones back pocket.

Opinions eh? In the past now and time to move on.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Claros is the best footballer I've seen at Easter Road in years.

Stevie Reid
25-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Sorry but I can't remember playing well in any big game. All derbies and Hampden matches he was anonymous. He had more ability than the majority of the team and that stood out but his performances very rarely did.

He certainly ran the show in the 2-1 derby at Tynie at the end of 2012-13. And I'm pretty sure that the turning point in his Hibs career came when Stevenson went off with a broken toe in the 1-1 derby at ER in August 2012, and Claros came on and played very well. I'm sure there will be others. Certainly not fair to categorically state that he didn't play well in bigger games.

Regardless, our biggest games last season came in the bottom 6 and in a play off against Hamilton - and we didn't have anyone who could even shine in those games. I'd take Claros back in a second.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 02:07 PM
He certainly ran the show in the 2-1 derby at Tynie at the end of 2012-13. And I'm pretty sure that the turning point in his Hibs career came when Stevenson went off with a broken toe in the 1-1 derby at ER in August 2012, and Claros came on and played very well. I'm sure there will be others. Certainly not fair to categorically state that he didn't play well in bigger games.

Regardless, our biggest games last season came in the bottom 6 and in a play off against Hamilton - and we didn't have anyone who could even shine in those games. I'd take Claros back in a second.

Fair points and I would like to see him return too. I just don't think he was as good as made out and didn't influence the big games like our best footballer should have.

rcarter1
25-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Hope that Hope is more than a hope and hope if a deal being done not a 3 month job ( when theres no hope left). You can only hope.

Dufresne: Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things..

Red: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

iainm1875
25-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Hat trick hero :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpeWdreE59M

Tom Soares, I think, with an assist in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
25-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Sorry but I can't remember playing well in any big game. All derbies and Hampden matches he was anonymous. He had more ability than the majority of the team and that stood out but his performances very rarely did. There was only one stand out. His name is Leigh Griffiths.

They guy was outstanding at the PBS when we won 1-2 with Caldwell getting the winner. Ran the show and had a sore back carrying Hammill in his back pocket for pretty much the whole game. Griffiths was always going to get the plaudits cause of his goals. To say that he was anonymous in all these games was and is wrong.

But back on subject.... Hopefully a wee deal to be done for this lad. Looks promising and can finish.

cam75
25-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Stokes at Falkirk done well !!!

Thecat23
25-06-2014, 02:38 PM
You know what I've been so sick of the piss poor players over past few years I couldn't care if it's a loan or perm. Please, please for the love of god just get a winning team on the park because everyone of us have suffered enough gash players.

Time to start getting in quality over quantity.

Aldo
25-06-2014, 03:12 PM
You know what I've been so sick of the piss poor players over past few years I couldn't care if it's a loan or perm. Please, please for the love of god just get a winning team on the park because everyone of us have suffered enough gash players. Time to start getting in quality over quantity.

This.

Spot on TC.

Need a team and not a group,of individuals.

allezsauzee
25-06-2014, 03:26 PM
He scored a hat trick against Portsmouth for Bury....James Collins once scored 4 against Pompey so he can't be as good. :wink:

Fergus52
25-06-2014, 03:31 PM

Did you not see the derby at tynecastle where we won 2-1?

he completely controlled the midfield and had he not been playing we probably would have been beaten.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Did you not see the derby at tynecastle where we won 2-1?

he completely controlled the midfield and had he not been playing we probably would have been beaten.

Cool, fair enough.

PatHead
25-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Don't think so. Someone may have speculated on the subject - no end of speculation on here lately.

Motherwell used loan signings to good advantage during her time there - a season-long loan deal with a good young player makes sense.

Panic loans random loans in January just for the sake of it (as the Butcher of Hibs did this year) make no sense at all.

Leeann said at the meeting on the day of the protest that she was not overly in favour of loan players. She wants players who are committed to the club and will add value when sold on. She also added that if the right player was available on loan they would obviously be considered though.

She thought Motherwell had no loan players last season

truehibernian
25-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Leeann said at the meeting on the day of the protest that she was not overly in favour of loan players. She wants players who are committed to the club and will add value when sold on. She also added that if the right player was available on loan they would obviously be considered though.

Ainsworth and Anier were on loan start of the season ?

heretoday
25-06-2014, 04:47 PM

Yeah but they always say that! If Everton want to punt some talent our way I say bring it on.

Up the Toffee Hibs!

LancsHibs
25-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Yeah but they always say that! If Everton want to punt some talent our way I say bring it on.

Up the Toffee Hibs!

No a big fan of loan signings, especially Butchers! But will gladly take some of Everton's U21s, Stubbs will know which ones would do a job and talking to some Evertonians today it would seem that it's a given that at least a couple are on their way to us:aok:

hfc rd
25-06-2014, 04:56 PM

Up the Toffee Hibs!

Wouldn't mind it myself either. If their are any young Jordan Stones, Seamus Coleman, Ross Barkley, Wayne Rooney that Stubbs knows about back at the Everton academy and Martinez is happy for him to take them on loan then yes please.

Aldo
25-06-2014, 05:17 PM
No a big fan of loan signings, especially Butchers! But will gladly take some of Everton's U21s, Stubbs will know which ones would do a job and talking to some Evertonians today it would seem that it's a given that at least a couple are on their way to us:aok:

Sounds promising Lancs. wee bit quality and lads that'll be loyal to Stubbs but also having one eye in their future at Everton.

portycabbage
25-06-2014, 07:17 PM

I think I'm right in saying that Scott Brown claimed post match that they must have had 70% possession or more, but the bbc stats said they had 55%, which isn't really a great deal more. And I don't remember them creating many opportunities either.

iwasthere1972
25-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Does our loan toffee get unveiled or unwrapped?

Jonnyboy
25-06-2014, 07:29 PM

My guess is some will chew him up and spit him out before he's even arrived :wink:

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2014, 07:33 PM
My guess is some will chew him up and spit him out before he's even arrived :wink:

Unless he sucks? :wink:

Jonnyboy
25-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Unless he sucks? :wink:

Not Werthers, eh I mean worthy :greengrin

patch1875
25-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Heard he's coming on chewsday

scuttle
25-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Heard he's coming on chewsday

looking forward to his arrival very munch

iwasthere1972
25-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Was he a soft centre?

patch1875
25-06-2014, 08:02 PM
At 5'10 he's a bit daintie for a striker

Peevemor
25-06-2014, 08:33 PM
At 5'10 he's a bit daintie for a striker

He could do with filling out (geddit?)

Greenworld
25-06-2014, 08:43 PM

Really tell me the the height of the best centre forward in the world or the top 5 in your opinion
Just out of curiosity..

jst1875
25-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Hallam Hope ! ............................
was it his cousin we had last season.................... Hittin Hope ? :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
25-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Hallam Hope ! ............................
was it his cousin we had last season.................... Hittin Hope ? :rolleyes:

Or Lostall Hope?

nribs
25-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Really tell me the the height of the best centre forward in the world or the top 5 in your opinion
Just out of curiosity..

Ibrahimivic is 6'5 :)

Greenworld
25-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Ibrahimivic is 6'5 :)
Lol fair enough

Paisley Hibby
25-06-2014, 09:34 PM

Don't think so. I seem to remember him getting stuck into Scotty Broon in the cup final. And right now he's not doing a lot of hiding in the world cup!

Leitherhibs
31-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Just been told this should be concluded in the coming days - Season long loan.
It came from the same source that told me originally that this deal was a possibility.

snooky
31-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Was he a soft centre?

Hey, no one likes a Smartie! :greengrin

LeithBoozy
31-07-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm certain he will be a mint toffee player. :wink:

Smartie
31-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey, no one likes a Smartie! :greengrin

Oi! Beat it!

I'll have you know my mum thinks I'm a lovely boy.

macd123
31-07-2014, 10:59 PM
It came from the same source that told me originally that this deal was a possibility.

Everyone is too busy with the puns to reply to a post about whether he is actually coming or not! Hope you are right leither!

Stax
31-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Everyone is too busy with the puns to reply to a post about whether he is actually coming or not! Hope you are right leither!
Humbug

macd123
31-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Humbug

:wink:

TheFamous1875
01-08-2014, 02:13 AM
Can I play on the wing? Just thinking, if he has indeed got pace, we could have him one one side and Harris on the other with El-Alagui in the middle.

We'd get the best out of Harris by giving him the freedom in a 4-3-3 to attack, and pace scares the life out of teams, so I would like to hope that Hope can be our craved winger and another option up front as a striker.

bingo70
01-08-2014, 07:06 AM
If this guy is not a million miles away from the first team I'm surprised an English championship club aren't in for him?

Would have thought that'd be better for him and for Everton.

Nutmegged
01-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Can I play on the wing? Just thinking, if he has indeed got pace, we could have him one one side and Harris on the other with El-Alagui in the middle.

We'd get the best out of Harris by giving him the freedom in a 4-3-3 to attack, and pace scares the life out of teams, so I would like to hope that Hope can be our craved winger and another option up front as a striker.

If Everton have intentions of developing him as a striker and have aspirations of him him making the break through I cant see them allowing anyone to take him on loan if they aren't going to use him predominantly in the position they want him developed in

H18sry
01-08-2014, 07:11 AM
If this guy is not a million miles away from the first team I'm surprised an English championship club aren't in for him?

Maybe Martinez likes the way AS coaches him and would like to that continue

Winston Ingram
01-08-2014, 07:12 AM

I wouldn't have thought he was that close. He's 20, his highest loan spell was league 2 and appears to be out of contract at the end of the season.

VPHIBEE
01-08-2014, 07:39 PM

Any news on this? Although we have made some decent signings so far, none of them excite me. This guy looks like he will have everyone off their seat. I hope we get this done.

JimBHibees
01-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Any news on this? Although we have made some decent signings so far, none of them excite me. This guy looks like he will have everyone off their seat. I hope we get this done.

Really, Scott Allan to me looks a very exciting signing.

VPHIBEE
01-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Really, Scott Allan to me looks a very exciting signing.

Allan is a good signing. The type of player that excites me, and no doubt a great many others, is the type of striker that gets in about defenders and terrifies them. I am led to believe Hope is that kind of player. All I am saying. Just asking if anyone has any news on this.

JimBHibees
01-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Allan is a good signing. The type of player that excites me, and no doubt a great many others, is the type of striker that gets in about defenders and terrifies them. I am led to believe Hope is that kind of player. All I am saying. Just asking if anyone has any news on this.

Fair do's hope he signs.

Unseen work
01-08-2014, 08:53 PM
getting very fed up of the speculation of this guy every day for the past month with nothing happening!

BT58
02-08-2014, 08:11 AM
I thought Hope was out on loan last season

Bristolhibby
02-08-2014, 08:17 AM

I've heard the player we are looking to bring in is McCowan.

J

Ronniekirk
02-08-2014, 08:47 AM
getting very fed up of the speculation of this guy every day for the past month with nothing happening!

Trust in The Cat he is sure he is coming

Diclonius
02-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I've heard the player we are looking to bring in is McCowan.

J

No chance in hell he'll agree to come here, what with the George Street ban.

manx hibee
02-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Trust in The Cat he is sure he is coming

I believe the cat is ITK !!!
So to hopefully back him up I have a friend who is ITK
At Goodison and he told me that 3 are coming up for 6/12 month
Loans as Martinez wants them to carry on they're development
Under the same coach AS
It does make sense really so here's hoping GGTTH

Blaster
02-08-2014, 09:12 AM
I see Everton have just signed a defender from Mk dons

manx hibee
02-08-2014, 09:24 AM
I see Everton have just signed a defender from Mk dons

Also looking at a new forward !!

Ronniekirk
02-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I believe the cat is ITK !!!
So to hopefully back him up I have a friend who is ITK
At Goodison and he told me that 3 are coming up for 6/12 month
Loans as Martinez wants them to carry on they're development
Under the same coach AS
It does make sense really so here's hoping GGTTH

Stubbs continuing these players development makes perfect sense if Martinez rated Stubbs that highly so other English clubs offering to pay bigger percentage of players wage on loan might not interest Martinez, if so it will be down to players wanting to come north and reunite with old gaffer . Sounds a plan right enough

SouthMoroccoStu
02-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Stubbs continuing these players development makes perfect sense if Martinez rated Stubbs that highly so other English clubs offering to pay bigger percentage of players wage on loan might not interest Martinez, if so it will be down to players wanting to come north and reunite with old gaffer . Sounds a plan right enough

The alternative could be more appealing to bill kenwright

Think he's tighter than rod

Hibbyradge
02-08-2014, 10:52 AM

When did Rod spend over £28m on one player?

Ronniekirk
02-08-2014, 11:17 AM

Well that's the plan backfired already if kenwrights s view prevails .Lets wait and see

brog
03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Everton U 21 played Leeds yesterday, Hope was not in squad. I wonder if AS went to Derby via Liverpool. I genuinely believe we'll see something happen this week.

Diclonius
03-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I hope we can make this signing.

Speedway
03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I hope we can make this signing.

I know it's a pun but why is anyone getting excited about a striker who doesn't score?

Lago
03-08-2014, 02:43 PM
I know it's a pun but why is anyone getting excited about a striker who doesn't score?
All beginning to sound a bit desperate now.

Crazyhorse
03-08-2014, 03:00 PM
All beginning to sound a bit desperate now.

I'm already resigned to having a hopeless squad this season...

YehButNoBut
03-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Hope is one of the subs for Everton in their friendly against Porto, just kicked off

Everton team (to play FC Porto): Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Alcaraz, McGeady, Naismith, Barry, Barkley, Osman ©, Pienaar

Everton subs (to play FC Porto): Robles, Distin, McCarthy, Besic, Stones, Kennedy, Lundstram, Duffy, McAleny, Browning, Hope, Long.

Keith_M
03-08-2014, 03:30 PM

Because we've had nothing much to get excited about. We only have 18 first-team players, almost all of whom helped us get relegated last season.

We have only signed four so far (excluding a 40 y/o player coach), only one of whom could be considered as a proven, experienced player. At this moment, we'd welcome just about anybody.

If that sounds negative, it's merely my assesment of our current squad. We do not have the kind of quality in depth that a club needs to compete throughout the season and I think, in our current state, injuries and suspensions will kill us.

California-Hibs
03-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Who doesn't score?

5 in 7 for Bury
1 in 3 for Northampton
12 in 17 for England under 17
2 in 2 for England under 18
2 in 6 for England under 19

Not to mention whatever his scoring stats are for the Everton reserves.

Really don't understand your comment, unless I've completely missed the irony?

Sounds like he could be a very good signing. Plus having seen a few clips of him on the net, the boy has undoubted ability and can certainly finish!

sahib
03-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Who doesn't score?

5 in 7 for Bury
1 in 3 for Northampton

Sounds like he could be a very good signing. Plus having seen a few clips of him on the net, the boy has undoubted ability and can certainly finish!

"Posters who use actual facts or reasoned online posting with the aim of defeating spurious assertions and generally come over as a smart ass, may have their posting rights removed."

I'd watch out if I was you matey.:wink:

bingo70
03-08-2014, 05:39 PM
He'll no be signing imo.

We're likely to get someone further down the pecking order and earlier in their development imo.

Think I've said this before but I'm bored and nothing else happening so feel free to use appropriate smilie.

California-Hibs
03-08-2014, 05:58 PM
"Posters who use actual facts or reasoned online posting with the aim of defeating spurious assertions and generally come over as a smart ass, may have their posting rights removed."

I'd watch out if I was you matey.:wink:

Right, settle down Andy Gillies! ;) Haha.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Came on for Everton today I doubt we will be seeing him tbh...

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 06:38 PM

That will be that then.

Speedway
03-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Who doesn't score?

5 in 7 for Bury
1 in 3 for Northampton

He scored in his debut at Northampton and he got a Hat trick against Pompey as did James Collins as part of his whopping 10 match first team career.

So 6 goals in 10 games is also 4 in 9 at lower league level.

Hold me back.

An exciting signing would be one with a long track record who on paper would never come to Hibs not some untested kid for six months.

HoboHarry
03-08-2014, 06:58 PM
He scored in his debut at Northampton and he got a Hat trick against Pompey as did James Collins as part of his whopping 10 match first team career.

Hold me back.

An exciting signing would be one with a long track record who on paper would never come to Hibs not some untested kid for six months.
You might email LD or AS with your suggestions then .... :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
03-08-2014, 07:25 PM

Hold me back.

Fancy emailing LD then?..

edwards
03-08-2014, 08:17 PM

That means nothing come the start of the season he will be right down the pecking order and spend most of the time in the stand, it would be better for him to be loaned out, possibly a better offer from england and not keen on coming to scotland.

EvertonFC
03-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Hold me back.

Pretty sure I've seen enough of Hallam Hope to make an informed judgement on him.

I can't honestly say I've seen the Scottish Championship (if that's what it's called?) but I've seen plenty of SPL games last season. If he signs for Hibs I have absolutely no doubt he'd score plenty of goals in that division. He's scored plenty of goals for our reserves against better opponents than he'd face playing for Hibs, no offence.

scoopyboy
03-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Pretty sure I've seen enough of Hallam Hope to make an informed judgement on him.

I can't honestly say I've seen the Scottish Championship (if that's what it's called?) but I've seen plenty of SPL games last season. If he signs for Hibs I have absolutely no doubt he'd score plenty of goals in that division. He's scored plenty of goals for our reserves against better opponents than he'd face playing for Hibs, no offence.

Do you think there's a chance he will come to Hibs?

LeithBoozy
03-08-2014, 09:07 PM

It would depend how much he liked Stubbs I would imagine and whether or not he fancies the challenge..

edwards
03-08-2014, 09:31 PM

Cheers Everton there has been a lot of talk that Stubbs wants a couple of lads from your club and has stated he has had a talk with the manager. He appears to be interested [ from what we hear ] in Hope and Browning how much of that is true we are unsure.
Thanks for your input though. :wink:

Speedway
04-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Absolutely none taken. Does he get in any service in the Toffees reserves?

Speedway
04-08-2014, 07:46 AM
You might email LD or AS with your suggestions then .... :rolleyes:

Why?

R11Loaded
04-08-2014, 09:06 AM
I've got two English friends who have warned me Hallam hope is their player and we aren't to touch him.

Funnily, one is a Rochdale fan the other is oxford. But they seem to rate him very highly

EvertonFC
04-08-2014, 09:09 AM

Yeah. He needs to play first team football so he will definitely go out on loan.

But I don't think there's any chance that Tyias Browning is going to be loaned out anywhere.

EvertonFC
04-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Absolutely none taken. Does he get in any service in the Toffees reserves?

Of course. But it's all relative isn't it? He plays with better players than are currently at Hibs, but against better defenders then he'd face at Hibs.

GlenrothesHibee
05-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Of course. But it's all relative isn't it? He plays with better players than are currently at Hibs, but against better defenders then he'd face at Hibs.

In the reserves? Ngoo was a goal machine for Liverpool reserves. Enough said.

bigwheel
05-08-2014, 11:06 AM

Some of the players will be better , many won't go on to have much of a senior career , even at our level - so I can't see how this point is true - out first team players will be more experienced and at least just as good as a lot of the players that he would come up against in reserve football down there

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2014, 11:20 AM
In the reserves? Ngoo was a goal machine for Liverpool reserves. Enough said.

Yeh ............ The lad Polson ( I think it was ) we got from Liverpool had captained their reserves as I recall and he turned out to be average at best. Being a hot shot in the EPL reserve league north or whatever it is doesn't guarantee you will be billy big baws when some gnarled auld centre half is kicking lumps out of you on a freezing night at Cowdenbeath.

Springbank
05-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Then again for every victor palsson there's an Anthony stokes, who started at Falkirk as an arsenal reserve loanee

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Then again for every victor palsson there's an Anthony stokes, who started at Falkirk as an arsenal reserve loanee

Think that's the point. Being decent at reserve level in a top league can indeed mean you are a very good player, but doesn't guarantee it.