PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

LeithHibby123
25-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I can't see any other threads on this subject so thought I'd start one, first post btw so be nice!

Does anyone know what the story will be with highlights being shown on sportscene? As I know last season they didn't cover the championship, however with 3 of Scotland's biggest clubs now in this league will this change?

hfc rd
25-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Not 100% sure but probably not. Might just be the The Rangers highlights that they show.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 10:34 AM
I can't see any other threads on this subject so thought I'd start one, first post btw so be nice!

Does anyone know what the story will be with highlights being shown on sportscene? As I know last season they didn't cover the championship, however with 3 of Scotland's biggest clubs now in this league will this change?

First of all, welcome aboard!:thumbsup:

I have beem wondering the same thing to be honest, I hope they do but have a feeling they wont because the BBC are pricks :agree:

Turkish Green
25-06-2014, 10:45 AM
The SPFL covered the highlights of most games on their own website plus there is the SPFL Youtube channel. Even if the main TV companies do not pick up the championship games live I am sure the SPFL will come up with some way to milk it.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2014, 10:45 AM

As it stands, we won't be on Sportscene. However the goals are usually available on the SPFL official site.

Ozyhibby
25-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Best place to see Hibs is at Easter road.

LeithHibby123
25-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! :thumbsup:

I hope they come to some sort of arrangement to get our highlights shown on sportscene.

As I'm sure the highlights/goals shown on the SPFL website and youtube channel aren't uploaded until midweek? Maybe even Thursday!

This also got me thinking will be in FIFA 15? I assume we will be in the rest of world league with 'the rangers' and they tramps from over the road..

GGTTH

Michael
25-06-2014, 11:11 AM

That's one of the worst places if they're playing away from home.

mim
25-06-2014, 11:20 AM

Not when we're at Cowdenbeath :wink:

Johibs
25-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! :thumbsup:

I hope they come to some sort of arrangement to get our highlights shown on sportscene.

As I'm sure the highlights/goals shown on the SPFL website and youtube channel aren't uploaded until midweek? Maybe even Thursday!

This also got me thinking will be in FIFA 15? I assume we will be in the rest of world league with 'the rangers' and they tramps from over the road..

GGTTH

Can't see us being in FIFA mate, which is gutting cause there the only Team I go on career more!

Football manager on the other hand brings a whole new challenge to a season with hibs....

lord bunberry
25-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Hibs TV shows highlights of all our games for around £3 a month. We might even get an interview with the manager after the game now that the "media friendly" Terry Butcher has gone.

Golden Bear
25-06-2014, 03:30 PM

You'll be an expert in the Gaelic language by the end of the season as I expect BBC Alba will show some of our games, especially the cup ties.

Oscar T Grouch
25-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Bout the only good thing about being relegated is no having tae mess with the fixtures tae be on the telly.

Sir David Gray
25-06-2014, 11:40 PM
That's one of the worst places if they're playing away from home.

It's been one of the worst places full stop, over the last few seasons!

At least if you're watching on the TV and it's garbage, you can turn it off.

Hibercelona
26-06-2014, 01:17 AM
Sportscenes a joke. I'd much rather we didn't appear on that program at all.

RIP Bestie
26-06-2014, 03:05 AM
Sensible stance. Why would you not want to exploit every revenue stream available to us?

Keith_M
26-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Wasn't there some discussion that the SPFL was negotiating to show more 'Championship' matches on TV, because Hibs were relegated?

Anybody know what the result was of that?

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2014, 06:39 AM

Something else you probably don't understand eh? :faf:

number9dream
26-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Not sure about Sportscene but there is sure to be a lot of Hibs games on the telly. Sky & BT will divvy up all of the derbies and matches against Rangers (so the daft lunchtime kick-offs will continue), while I think ALBA have a deal to show 16 games not involving Rangers and plan to broadcast a lot of those on Friday nights - they are likely to include Hibs and Hearts v the rest...

AndyM_1875
26-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Sky certainly will cover the Championship matches, they are already looking to show more games involving Hibs, Hearts and Rangers.

BBC Scotland ( aka Pacific Quay CSC#1) is full of Soapdodgers and Sheep****gers so probably not.

CentreLine
26-06-2014, 09:57 AM

I think it will be a very good test of the theory that less tv means more people at games. If this league fight goes the way we want there is a real risk of entertainment breaking out again in Scottish football.

craigmounthibby
26-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Bout the only good thing about being relegated is no having tae mess with the fixtures tae be on the telly.
Wait until the new TV deal is announced.....I think it's going to be just as bad, with Friday and Monday nights as well as stupid o'clock Sat and Sun kick-offs likely.

DH1875
27-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Wait until the new TV deal is announced.....I think it's going to be just as bad, with Friday and Monday nights as well as stupid o'clock Sat and Sun kick-offs likely.

Totally agree. If anything I reckon we'll be on TV even more so more games will be moved.

DavieRoy
27-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Sky have rights to show 5 Rangers league games and BT have 10 Rangers league games live. This has been the case for the previous two seasons and is no different because Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian are in the Championship.

I would guess both broadcasters will want to show the Rangers v Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian games.

Any other games not involving Rangers will need to be negotiated or bought by either the current rights holders or any new partner.

lord bunberry
27-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Sky have rights to show 5 Rangers league games and BT have 10 Rangers league games live. This has been the case for the previous two seasons and is no different because Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian are in the Championship.

I would guess both broadcasters will want to show the Rangers v Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian games.

Any other games not involving Rangers will need to be negotiated or bought by either the current rights holders or any new partner.
Was there not negotiations to show more games this season?