PDA

View Full Version : Lee Currie

Hfc_Since1875
25-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Wee Snippet on BBC Gossip taken from the Daily Record that Lee Currie is now training with Hearts

Berwick Rangers midfielder Lee Currie, who began his career at Hibs, is training with Hearts. (Daily Record)

Always looked a good player whenever I saw him and seems to have fairly scored in the lower leagues from midfield- 18 last season

Hope its not one which comes back to bite us!

Big Hibby apparently as well!

GordonHFC
25-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Wee Snippet on BBC Gossip taken from the Daily Record that Lee Currie is now training with Hearts

Berwick Rangers midfielder Lee Currie, who began his career at Hibs, is training with Hearts. (Daily Record)

Always looked a good player whenever I saw him and seems to have fairly scored in the lower leagues from midfield- 18 last season

Is this the guy who played with Musselburgh Athletic a few years back?

Raymond
25-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Is this the guy who played with Musselburgh Athletic a few years back?

That was Paul Currie, no relation

Turkish Green
25-06-2014, 09:07 AM

Lee is big chums with Leigh.

#2 Double Tap
25-06-2014, 09:08 AM
real hibees would not play for hearts.

brog
25-06-2014, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=Hfc_Since1875;4075887]Wee Snippet on BBC Gossip taken from the Daily Record that Lee Currie is now training with Hearts

Big Hibby apparently as well![/QUOT

I always wish ex Hibs players well & noticed Lee banging them in last season. However IIRC Danny Handling averaged a goal a game for Berwick while on loan but in another thread the great majority of folks on here would get rid of Danny. I fully support looking at players from lower divisions, Danny Swanson also came from Berwick but I can't imagine the Yams will be too pleased with this. Surely they're just waiting for WC to finish before the stars are jetting in! :wink:

leggeto
25-06-2014, 09:11 AM

Maybe different as a career choice though

GordonHFC
25-06-2014, 09:12 AM
That was Paul Currie, no relation

Cheers

Nevi_SOL
25-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I played with lee last season good player. But I don't think he will sign

greenginger
25-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Is Lee Currie not a regular Red Card recipient ?

Could fit in well in the Ian Black roll. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
25-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Real hearts would not play for hibees. Cummings

#2 Double Tap
25-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Maybe different as a career choice though

no different - think LG, Deek or Yogi would ever have played for hearts - no chance!

#2 Double Tap
25-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Real hearts would not play for hibees. Cummings

See that laddie seen the light - its green n white

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Iggy Pope
25-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Is Lee Currie not a regular Red Card recipient ?

Could fit in well in the Ian Black roll. :greengrin

He brutalised Black at Shielfield around the start of the The Rangers first season down there. Live on the telly and beautifully over the ball.
A good Hibby and so is his old man.

Cabbage Lad
25-06-2014, 06:44 PM
He is a massive Hibby who was released a while back. Wand of a left peg. Not the most mobile.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-06-2014, 06:58 PM
no different - think LG, Deek or Yogi would ever have played for hearts - no chance!

Easier decision when you're an established SPL player and know there would be plenty of other options out there for you.

This could be Lee's chance to show what he's got, and from my memory of his progression through to the U19s he is a good player. I certainly wouldn't begrudge him a move to hertz.

Mibbes Aye
25-06-2014, 06:58 PM
He is a massive Hibby who was released a while back. Wand of a left peg. Not the most mobile.

:agree: He scored some exquisite goals with his left when he was playing for us at age group level. Hadn't appreciated he scored so many last season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-06-2014, 07:01 PM

But why wouldn't part-time players, not want to play for full time- teams??

bigwheel
25-06-2014, 07:51 PM

Now there writes a fan...who doesn't understand that it's their work....not their hobby

hibees 7062
25-06-2014, 07:55 PM
He brutalised Black at Shielfield around the start of the The Rangers first season down there. Live on the telly and beautifully over the ball.
A good Hibby and so is his old man.

:agree: Huge Hibbies

Waxy
25-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Footie is just a job for a certain type of people. Billy Brown? Mo Johnstone? These people didn't have any loyalty. True club legends would never sign for the enemy.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 08:15 PM
If he's a stand out and they are after him why are we standing back and letting it happen? Surely we should be looking at him?

CapitalGreen
25-06-2014, 08:39 PM
If he's a stand out and they are after him why are we standing back and letting it happen? Surely we should be looking at him?

Don't think anyone has said he is a stand out.

Forza Fred
25-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Footie is just a job for a certain type of people. Billy Brown? Mo Johnstone? These people didn't have any loyalty. True club legends would never sign for the enemy.

Denis Law?

Cool_Hand_Luke
25-06-2014, 08:57 PM

No disrespect to the laddie...but he's hardly a club legend...just a young laddie trying to make his way in the game. If he signs for them doesnt make him any less a Hibs fan...just means he can continue to pay his bills...if they pay him :greengrin

RP1875
25-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Don't think anyone has said he is a stand out.

From reports I've read he's been a stand out this season and wast runner up to Rory Mcallister as player of the year for the league last year.

Levein has a decent record in bringing in players from the lowers too. Be gutting if we missed the boat and he was a revelation.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 09:04 PM
No disrespect to the laddie...but he's hardly a club legend...just a young laddie trying to make his way in the game. If he signs for them doesnt make him any less a Hibs fan...just means he can continue to pay his bills...if they pay him :greengrin

Imagine playing for they scarf twirling twats and having to give 100%. If you can it's professional as anything cause I certainly couldn't.

Tell me you wouldn't be thinking "***** ***** glorious *****" when that song comes on before games :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
25-06-2014, 09:11 PM

Gordon Smith?

Waxy
25-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Gordon Smith?If Leigh Griffiths came back to Hibs and scored the winner in the Scottish cup final, then even we'd forgive him a couple of seasons at hearts(doubt he would). As the greatest ever hibees the FF are immune.

Cool_Hand_Luke
25-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Imagine playing for they scarf twirling twats and having to give 100%. If you can it's professional as anything cause I certainly couldn't.

Tell me you wouldn't be thinking "***** ***** glorious *****" when that song comes on before games :greengrin

I'd have my 7 nil t-shirt on underneath the strip and my hibs pants on during every game :greengrin

SMAXXA
25-06-2014, 09:58 PM
He's murder I'd be delighted if they signed him

JIm
26-06-2014, 12:23 PM

What a load of pish. Fair enough he's probably not good enough for Hibs/Hearts but to class him as murder? Really?

As for signing for Hearts, if they offered him a decent deal and a chance to go back full time you couldn't knock anyone for accepting that.

Reckon we'll still see him at Berwick next season tho.

Love the Green
26-06-2014, 12:33 PM
26/06 request added to ts portal for support saturday 28th june @10am

Him and his dad Tam great hibees..correct his left foot is awesome just like his dad saw him play a big part in the league and cup double the u19's completed a few years back.
Thought he could have been better used when he turned pro but that was not the case.

"keep the faith"

scoopyboy
26-06-2014, 12:35 PM

He was looked at a lot, that's why he was released.

eastmainsmsh
26-06-2014, 03:22 PM
I know a few clubs were watching him good luck to him

st3vie
27-06-2014, 06:48 PM

:top marks

Billy Whizz
07-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I hear he hasn't been offered a contract at Hearts. Disappointed for him professionally, but glad he hasn't signed for that mob. I'm sure he'll get something soon

Diclonius
07-07-2014, 08:02 PM

Like Gordon Smith?

Hibby 2005
07-07-2014, 08:18 PM
He was looked at a lot, that's why he was released.

I hope he's not reading this message board.

H18Y GW
07-07-2014, 08:37 PM

Very much like his Dad

Stax
07-07-2014, 10:51 PM
Like Gordon Smith?
:agree:

Green Cabbage 7
07-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Like Gordon Smith?
And Bobby Johnstone, Although Lawrie Reilly used to say he was the only one of the 5 which grew up being a hibby, the others became hibbys I think!

scoopyboy
08-07-2014, 06:56 AM
I hope he's not reading this message board.

Why?

Lee was at Hibs for several years, do you think they released him without giving it some thought?

I enjoyed watching Lee in the double winning team but not all players make it, sad but true.

bigwheel
08-07-2014, 09:33 AM

One of the things I least like about social media is the black and white nature of opinion ...Lee Currie is a professional footballer , he clearly has a good technical capability - neat footballer - just because he doesn't make it (yet) at Hibs or a Hearts by no means suggests he is "murder"...

I hope he gets a full time move - seems like he has worked hard since his release from Hibs and he deserves it ...

Cabbage Lad
08-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Lee is a good guy trying to make his way in professional football. He has done brilliantly at Berwick and if he were to get another chance at Hibs or any other bigger club I would be delighted for him and his family.

The_Horde
08-07-2014, 10:22 AM
He'll end up at Falkirk or someone like that. Maybe Dumbarton. And he'll score against us.