25-06-2014, 07:12 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9360580/hibs-appoint-stubbs

I think he speaks very well. Time to look forward and not back. Ggtth

Lewis77
25-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Ye know, ye know!

heretoday
25-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Great to have a Scouser in the hot seat. Don't think we've had one before.

EdinMike
25-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Them at Tynie second game of the season..:rolleyes:

If he does what he says he'll do, I'll be excited. Mainly this "ball on the deck" thing he was on about!

Onceinawhile
25-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Asked about expectations he said the fans need to 'calm down, calm down'

Unseen work
25-06-2014, 11:01 AM
"How difficult will it be against the likes of rangers and hearts?"
"It will be a great season"

I liked that.

The_Horde
25-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Ye know, ye know!

Mowbray used to say that a lot too. :greengrin

eggbamyasi
25-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Bring it on !!! Right some signings now please .......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Togs91
25-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Going to see some 'over 'ead 'eadders' are we? :D

DTS
25-06-2014, 01:43 PM
What time is his press conference today?

Northern Hibby
25-06-2014, 01:49 PM
"Play the ball on the Deck & Win games but don't get the 2 mixed up", does that mean during games if Plan A is not working we may actually have a Plan B? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-06-2014, 01:51 PM
What time is his press conference today?

Think its tomorrow

SlickShoes
25-06-2014, 02:10 PM

I liked that.

I think that was the best part of the whole chat there, not used to hearing people associated with hibs being that positive!:flag:

hihohibby
25-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I think that was the best part of the whole chat there, not used to hearing people associated with hibs being that positive!:flag:

Aheeermm!! I take your point, but I also recall a certain Mr Butcher gushing positivity when he first arrived!
Alan Stubbs will hopefully not allow his positivity and generosity to cloud his judgment and give the losers associated with our relegation another chance, bar maybe one or two of the youngsters.

rcarter1
25-06-2014, 07:12 PM

I liked that.

Agree. This has got to be the craziest Championship ever, and bar making an ar*e of it, should be really exciting. Stubbs knows what the rivalries are all about, and clearly has a desire to win games.

:flag:

mca
25-06-2014, 08:57 PM
" Competition for places is gonna be really tough "

I Like the sound of that !!! :greengrin

Green Reaper
25-06-2014, 09:07 PM
"Play the ball on the Deck & Win games but don't get the 2 mixed up", does that mean during games if Plan A is not working we may actually have a Plan B? :greengrin

For me, the best part of that interview. Been a long time since we had a manager capable of this.

RIP Bestie
26-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Aheeermm!! I take your point, but I also recall a certain Mr Butcher gushing positivity when he first arrived!
Alan Stubbs will hopefully not allow his positivity and generosity to cloud his judgment and give the losers associated with our relegation another chance, bar maybe one or two of the youngsters.
And the others before him.
People need to maybe look at the Kujabi thread before they start gushing about Stubbs. Wish him the best of Luck, but why start dissecting what he has to say?
He's here, he's in the job. Words are cheap. Let's see what he delivers.

(((Fergus)))
26-06-2014, 03:57 AM

One thing Stubbs did not do in that interview was "gush positivity". He was just matter of fact, unfazed.

EdinMike
26-06-2014, 05:17 AM
Not seen this posted yet, but here ya go. Seriously the next person I see taking a picture in portrait.. (Especially at the club) I'll lamp them...

Waxy
26-06-2014, 05:25 AM
We best not do walk on thing ( not done that for a while ). He'll no appreciate it.

Moulin Yarns
26-06-2014, 05:41 AM
We best not do walk on thing ( not done that for a while ). He'll no appreciate it.

Who is gonna start the theme from Z-Cars? :greengrin

Love the Green
26-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Great to have a Scouser in the hot seat. Don't think we've had one before.

Can we afford the money for a translater though?

"keep the faith"

Waxy
26-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Who is gonna start the theme from Z-Cars? :greengrinMaybe we could adopt a beatles tune.

Mark79
26-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Them at Tynie second game of the season..:rolleyes:

If he does what he says he'll do, I'll be excited. Mainly this "ball on the deck" thing he was on about!

What is this ball on the deck thing?

Alex Trager
26-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Sounding positive from Stubbs. Hoping for new players soon

--------
26-06-2014, 09:13 AM

Jings! Listen to yourself.

One thing a football coach - any sports coach - needs to be able to do is get the best out of the players he or she has to work with.

Butcher didn't do that - I don't think many of the Hibs players last season were at all clear how he expected them to play and touchline input from him and Mo consisted mainly of incoherent bawling, and many of them were left under no illusion that Butch and Mo considered them to be inadequate losers. Oddly enough, most of them hadn't been 'losers' at their previous clubs ....

I hope that the more critical element of the Hibernian support will not allow their ingrained negativity and meanness of spirit to cloud their judgement if and when Alan Stubbs does decide to give some of last year's players a second chance, but actually get behind the team and support them?

If he's the man I think he is, every player at East Mains this morning will be starting level and equal with every other one. That's the way it should be if the new appointment genuinely means a fresh beginning for the club.

--------
26-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Maybe we could adopt a beatles tune.

"Yesterday"? :devil:

EdinMike
26-06-2014, 09:17 AM
What is this ball on the deck thing?

Passing it along the grass, quick and pacey like ! Apparently :dunno: (Scouse Accent implied)

Turkish Green
26-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Showing your age. Who on here is going to remember Z-Cars?

Me: Na-na-na. Na-na-na-na-na...

CallumLaidlaw
26-06-2014, 09:26 AM

That would be brilliant. My evertonian supporting mate said Stubbs would absolutely love that and really drive him on!

Waxy
26-06-2014, 09:37 AM
"Yesterday"? :devil:

We can work it out.

Crazyhorse
26-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Maybe we could adopt a beatles tune.

Help!

skipster7
26-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Jings! Listen to yourself.

One thing a football coach - any sports coach - needs to be able to do is get the best out of the players he or she has to work with.

Butcher didn't do that - I don't think many of the Hibs players last season were at all clear how he expected them to play and touchline input from him and Mo consisted mainly of incoherent bawling, and many of them were left under no illusion that Butch and Mo considered them to be inadequate losers. Oddly enough, most of them hadn't been 'losers' at their previous clubs ....

I hope that the more critical element of the Hibernian support will not allow their ingrained negativity and meanness of spirit to cloud their judgement if and when Alan Stubbs does decide to give some of last year's players a second chance, but actually get behind the team and support them?

If he's the man I think he is, every player at East Mains this morning will be starting level and equal with every other one. That's the way it should be if the new appointment genuinely means a fresh beginning for the club.
Completely agree, clean slate for everyone he picks, even if they were involved last season. We need to get behind the whole team and who knows we might even win a few home games .

AlbertK86
26-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Completely agree, clean slate for everyone he picks, even if they were involved last season. We need to get behind the whole team and who knows we might even win a few home games .

Stubbs has basically said this on the interview on STV website..... Everyone getting a chance.... It's up to them to take it

EdinMike
26-06-2014, 03:04 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/280627-alan-stubbs-leeann-dempsters-hibernian-vision-convinced-me-to-take-job/

Northern Hibby
26-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Still like the fact that he wants to win playing nice football but is willing to change, because it's his job win games :-)

TowerHibs
26-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Still like the fact that he wants to win playing nice football but is willing to change, because it's his job win games :-)

easy to talk yourself up in these situation however to me it sounds like he is confident enough that he can get the team playing in a number of sytles/systems. Certainly not had a manager with a Plan B for a while

IanM
26-06-2014, 03:43 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/280627-alan-stubbs-leeann-dempsters-hibernian-vision-convinced-me-to-take-job/

Enjoyed that

California-Hibs
26-06-2014, 03:45 PM
What excites me so far -

The promise to play attractive on the ground football.

Alot of new signings are going to be on their way soon to give us a freshness!

jimmyboco1875
26-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Quite like this guy already really enjoyed that interview

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
26-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Quite like this guy already really enjoyed that interview

I dont really care how he comes across in his interviews, and im going out of my way to not listen to them. Talk is cheap, as we have found out.

Hibs.net is like groundhog day - i remember how many Hibs net posters got all excited by Yogi's interviews (then when they turned against him, would throw his interviews back at them), likewise Terry Butcher.

Ultimately, all these guys say in intervierws is what fans want to hear, and we as fans all fall for it everytime. Hes hardly gonna come in and say 'i want to play dull football' is he.

Colin Calerdwood said similar when he joined.

Sorry to pee on people's chips, but getting exicted about an interview is, as we have all learned, pointless and stupi and tells us nothing aobut how things will actually turn out.

Kato
26-06-2014, 04:11 PM
getting exicted about an interview is

He never said he was excited, just that he enjoyed it.

TheFamous1875
26-06-2014, 04:21 PM
http://youtu.be/y61_lDQ3ANc

Alan Stubbs' first interview on Hibernian TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The_Horde
26-06-2014, 04:40 PM
He speaks well but as the poster above has said I'll be judging him by how his teams play and on results. He has a good opportunity to stamp his way on this squad from the start, a luxury not many managers have had so quickly.

Good luck Alan, you're gonna need it big man.

blackpoolhibs
26-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Any chance we could have some subtitles when Stubbs is interviewed? :timebomb:

EdinMike
26-06-2014, 06:00 PM
More Stubbsy to Hibs.TV

http://youtu.be/y61_lDQ3ANc

Jonnyboy
26-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Showing your age. Who on here is going to remember Z-Cars?

Me: Na-na-na. Na-na-na-na-na...

Me :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2014, 09:08 PM
That would be brilliant. My evertonian supporting mate said Stubbs would absolutely love that and really drive him on!

**** that!

CallumLaidlaw
26-06-2014, 09:09 PM
**** that!

Didn't think you'd agree ;-)

Baldy Foghorn
26-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Comes across very well indeed, sounds like he knows what he wants from his players....

Good Luck Alan.....