PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Forster

DTS
24-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Is he still under contract with us? As I follow him on twitter and Instagram and he has only just come back from his holiday today

hibs4thecup1988
24-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Yes. 2 more years I believe

snooky
24-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Is he still under contract with us? As I follow him on twitter and Instagram and he has only just come back from his holiday today

Thought there was a photo of him on here somewhere with other players at EM on the first day of training? :confused:

DTS
24-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Yes. 2 more years I believe

Good I'm glad he is think he is a great prospect for us, just strange he was given a extra few days than the rest of the squad

DTS
Thought there was a photo of him on here somewhere with other players at EM on the first day of training? :confused:

Nope he wasn't there that's what first made me wonder

cabbageandribs1875

i'm sure there was, either him or a doppelganger

Dunbar Hibee
24-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Defo training yesterday and today.

DTS
24-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Ah well maybe I stand corrected and he is posting photos from last week, anyway just glad he's still with us

DTS
24-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah just looked at the thread with the photos from Monday and he was there, so I have made a comets pointless thread

frazeHFC
24-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Hanlon and Forster sounds a good CB pairing for the Championship.

The_Horde
24-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Yeah just looked at the thread with the photos from Monday and he was there, so I have made a comets pointless thread

Don't worry your pointless thread won't be alone on this site! :greengrin

snooky
24-06-2014, 10:46 PM
i'm sure there was, either him or a doppelganger

:greengrin :thumbsup:

Could play the Mattie Jack role with a name like that.

SMAXXA
24-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Yeah him and Euan Smith arrived together, Smith is there to try prove he deserves a new contract after his 1 year offer was withdrawn last week.

TheFamous1875
24-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Yeah him and Euan Smith arrived together, Smith is there to try prove he deserves a new contract after his 1 year offer was withdrawn last week.

Are Ryan Baptie and Andy Black being offered the same chance? If not, do you know their situation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

down-the-slope
24-06-2014, 10:59 PM

Mature and sensible move - hope he is rewarded

BigKev
24-06-2014, 11:09 PM
It was Jason Cummings who tweeted he'd just arrived back from holiday and his pre season starts tomorrow....

SMAXXA
24-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Are Ryan Baptie and Andy Black being offered the same chance? If not, do you know their situation?

Im not sure but I don't think so. Hibs had offered Euan a 1 year deal and were sending out the paperwork to him, as such he rejected a 2 year at St J and Hearts also wanted him. Hibs then turned round and withdrew the offer which was unfortunate for him and obviously didn't go down well. Believe he trained with Berwick prior to going back with Hibs to try win a deal. From a club perspective you can understand these things due to relegation etc but feel really sorry for guys like this where they think their future end sorted after a long season trying to earn it for it then to be taken away from you, especially when you turn down other more lucrative offers. That's football tho I guess.

Steven_Hibs
25-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Hanlon and Forster sounds a good CB pairing for the Championship.

Sounds honking IMO. Will leak goals like a tap. Hanlon needs punted along with all CB's. Hopefully Stubbs will know a few decent CB's!

J-C
25-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Sounds honking IMO. Will leak goals like a tap. Hanlon needs punted along with all CB's. Hopefully Stubbs will know a few decent CB's!

Funny how we started to leak a lot of goals when Hanlon got injured and Carthorse and Hoofball were our CB pairing, Hanlon was one of our better players pre January.

Heisenberg
25-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Jordon has a lot to prove after his end to the season, he was as bad as Nelson if not worse at times. At least he's still young, plenty time to improve. Unlike Nelson who needs punted.

Smartie
25-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Jordon has a lot to prove after his end to the season, he was as bad as Nelson if not worse at times. At least he's still young, plenty time to improve. Unlike Nelson who needs punted.

I agree that he was actually worse than Nelson towards the end of the season and was personally culpable for more of the goals we lost than anyone.

He did have a magnificent end to the previous season though, was decent at the start of last season (when in the team) and for the 2nd half of last season seemed to be our biggest scoring threat, even from centre-half.

I've never liked him at centre-back with Hanlon though - were they not the pairing in the Malmo debacle? I reckon it needs to be one or other of them with someone more experienced.

MyJo
25-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Far better at right back than at centre half

Itsnoteasy
25-06-2014, 09:22 AM

Thought the whole team was on holiday for a season

nellio
25-06-2014, 09:25 AM

Hanlon is our best defender. As soon as he got injured things at the back went downhill very quickly. He also has a lot of expirience despite still being pterry young and has good potential to be even better. Essential for us next year IMO. In fact might even make a good captain.

The Leith Dutch
25-06-2014, 09:46 AM
The defence wasn't really the problem last season.
We didn't lose that many goals....it was just highlighted by one of the most ineffectual attacking line ups I've seen at Hibs or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm also a bit wary of the lumping all the CBs in together - they're all very different players with different things to look at.

Jordon Forster is still very, very young and that almost always brings a certain naiveity both in terms of positioning and knowing when to stay on your feet.
I think he's a cracking prospect who needs to gain experience.
He's got the right physicality about him and certainly the right attitude.
Decent in the opposition box and could do worse as a back up right back.

For the others:
Paul Hanlon is a decent - possibly very good - CB.
Could do with being a bit more physically imposing and a bit nastier but the latter goes for almost everyone in the Hibs team.

Michael Nelson is (tin hat on) actually a decent defender. He's certainly slow and his distribution is woeful but he reads the game fairly well (I remember him taking a red card for the team last year where he stopped two almost certain goals by taking a yellow). He's also got a decent professional attitude.
Not saying I want to go in to next season with Michael Nelson as our first choice centre back but I think it's important to keep perspective - he's a limited player rather than <insert expletive of your choice>

Ryan McGivern for me is the real problem. Given the footballer he was when he came here and looking at his George St antics it smacks of a stinking attitude that playing for Hibs is beneath him and he thinks he can stroll it. Bad attitude to have around the dressing room. Also regularly guilty of switching off in games too.

Given the problems we have and the players we need to bring in having Hanlon, Forster and Nelson as CBs wouldn't be the end of the world.
If they were managed correctly - particularly around distribution - and we had a high quality midfield and forward line up I'd take it.

The above is, of course, only an opinion ;)

MyJo
25-06-2014, 10:03 AM
We didn't lose that many goals....it was just highlighted by one of the most ineffectual attacking line ups I've seen at Hibs or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm also a bit wary of the lumping all the CBs in together - they're all very different players with different things to look at.

Jordon Forster is still very, very young and that almost always brings a certain naiveity both in terms of positioning and knowing when to stay on your feet.

For the others:
Could do with being a bit more physically imposing and a bit nastier but the latter goes for almost everyone in the Hibs team.

Michael Nelson is (tin hat on) actually a decent defender. He's certainly slow and his distribution is woeful but he reads the game fairly well (I remember him taking a red card for the team last year where he stopped two almost certain goals by taking a yellow). He's also got a decent professional attitude.
Not saying I want to go in to next season with Michael Nelson as our first choice centre back but I think it's important to keep perspective - he's a limited player rather than <insert expletive of your choice>

Ryan McGivern for me is the real problem. Given the footballer he was when he came here and looking at his George St antics it smacks of a stinking attitude that playing for Hibs is beneath him and he thinks he can stroll it. Bad attitude to have around the dressing room. Also regularly guilty of switching off in games too.

Given the problems we have and the players we need to bring in having Hanlon, Forster and Nelson as CBs wouldn't be the end of the world.
If they were managed correctly - particularly around distribution - and we had a high quality midfield and forward line up I'd take it.

Nelson wasn't half bad when Hanlon was alongside him, he is a solid defender and pretty good in the air despite being quite slow, his passing and lumping balls up the park was awful but that was what he was told to do by butcher.

When Hanlon got injured and Nelson had McGivern or Forster beside him it just didn't work, it was like watching a three stooges film at times but I would not be adverse to keeping Nelson on even as a back-up however if we are able to sign a better player then we should while McGivern needs to just go

Smartie
25-06-2014, 10:03 AM

For the others:

Cracking post and I agree with it almost word for word.

The defence wasn't that bad last season, and we are playing at a lower level this year.

Re Nelson, I agree that he's not that bad but we need to manage his limitations. He needed a manager that wanted to play football and a midfielder that was prepared to take the ball off him in tight situations. His "hoofing" was imo not always his fault.

It's our attacking play, ball retention and options in the final third that we need to seriously smarten up imo.

Brightside
25-06-2014, 10:04 AM

You dont follow him very well then... he was at Training on monday!

Brightside
25-06-2014, 10:07 AM

This again..... utter tripe from the poster.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Have a feeling Jordan will struggle next year in the rough and tumble of the Championship. Hope not though, big year for him and would gladly see him partner Hanlon in the middle of defence.

AlbertK86
25-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Right FFS let's have a fresh start

New manager in and already we are back to ripping players

I have been guilty of this in the past when we were on the downward spiral and it was obvious they were not performing but think we should let Stubbs make his mind up, give the players a break and see how they do under a new manager

Let's try and get some positivity on the message boards

After hearing Stubbs I'm now looking forward to seeing him take us forward, getting a few signings in to gather a competitive squad and beating them and their weegie cousins to the title

GGTTH

Aldo
25-06-2014, 10:22 AM

I concur.

Fed up reading this sort of crap against PH.

Tyler Durden
25-06-2014, 05:53 PM

Although it is possible to like Paul Hanlon whilst still realising he's a decent SPFL defender and nothing more. Not Paolo Maldini as you'd have us believe.

Were you not telling us how he is much better than Hutchison from Well and Gunning from Utd? Looks like both will be playing in the English Championship next year while your favourite will still be plying his trade with Hibs, without a bid in for him in his puff.

merritthibees
25-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Although it is possible to like Paul Hanlon whilst still realising he's a decent SPFL defender and nothing more. Not Paolo Maldini as you'd have us believe.

Were you not telling us how he is much better than Hutchison from Well and Gunning from Utd? Looks like both will be playing in the English Championship next year while your favourite will still be plying his trade with Hibs, without a bid in for him in his puff.

Imho i think hanlon will be a great addition next season when he is fit... no teams have been looking at him as he has been injured for a large part of the season! Up until he got injured he was doing a good job! He should walk the championship!

FranckSuzy
25-06-2014, 06:13 PM

You sure you're a Hibby? :confused: :rolleyes:

S4uzee
25-06-2014, 06:17 PM
It was Jason Cummings who tweeted he'd just arrived back from holiday and his pre season starts tomorrow....

Seen that aswell. I wonder how he managed to get a few extra days off than the others?

steviehibsleith
25-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Imho i think hanlon will be a great addition next season when he is fit... no teams have been looking at him as he has been injured for a large part of the season! Up until he got injured he was doing a good job! He should walk the championship!

Rubbish he played 34 times for Hibs last season and was ruled out the end of March . He was not out for a large part of the season .

TheFamous1875
25-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Rubbish he played 34 times for Hibs last season and was ruled out the end of March . He was not out for a large part of the season .

His injury coincided with our dip in form and our flood of leaked goals that continued on until the end of the season.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 08:11 PM
His injury coincided with our dip in form and our flood of leaked goals that continued on until the end of the season.

Dip in form? We won one match since the January derby with or without Hanlon. We where drawing a lot more granted.

TheFamous1875
25-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Dip in form? We won one match since the January derby with or without Hanlon. We where drawing a lot more granted.

Our 'dip' started in the last ten minutes of the match at Tannadice the week after the derby, and if I recall correctly, Hanlon was injured either during or after that match, came back against Raith Rovers, never got his form back to pre injury levels and was out for the rest of the season shortly after that.

frazeHFC
25-06-2014, 08:46 PM

We were crying out for Paul Hanlon the second half of the season. Once he got injured our defence crumbled game after game. Good player and can't wait to see him back.

portycabbage
25-06-2014, 08:47 PM

He played 28 league games, of which we won 8. Not great, but better than the 10 he missed, which we won none of!

Tyler Durden
25-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Our 'dip' started in the last ten minutes of the match at Tannadice the week after the derby, and if I recall correctly, Hanlon was injured either during or after that match, came back against Raith Rovers, never got his form back to pre injury levels and was out for the rest of the season shortly after that.

You don't recall correctly I'm afraid - Hanlon was available until late March.

My previous post wasn't intended to slate Hanlon and going back to previous posts, I actually think him and Forster could be good enough this season but it's quality full backs we need to support them and get us up and down as a team.

GlesgaeHibby
25-06-2014, 09:17 PM
The reason we are in this mess is not the defence. Our defence was the best in the bottom six, and we conceded less than Motherwell who finished second. The reason we are in this mess is the fact that we couldn't score. During that grim run, I can't remember us really taking a hiding. Lots of 1-0's against us.

With a decent keeper, and a defence of Forster New CH Hanlon Booth/Stevenson, we will have a fairly solid defence. The focus has to be on the midfield, that has been the root cause of our issues recently.

Aldo
25-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Those pro Hanlon posters are wasting their breath cos there are posters on here lining up regardless of how he performs to slate Paul at every opportunity.

The guy never let's the team/club down and gives his all.

Paul Hanlon for me over any journeyman every time.

Get off the lads ****ing back.

Hopefully recovers from injury to take his rightful place at CH come the start of the season.

Stan the Man
25-06-2014, 09:50 PM
In short. Hanlon plus CH partner of equal or better ability would be good enough for us to move forward.

Hanlon trying to carry a weaker CH will see us struggle to take one of the top two spots come May.

IMO none of the others we have on the books, fall into the first category.

SMAXXA
25-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Those pro Hanlon posters are wasting their breath cos there are posters on here lining up regardless of how he performs to slate Paul at every opportunity.

The guy never let's the team/club down and gives his all.

Paul Hanlon for me over any journeyman every time.

Get off the lads ****ing back.

Hopefully recovers from injury to take his rightful place at CH come the start of the season.

Aldo settle down man, there's people on here who don't see him as good enough it's neither right or wrong regardless if he never let's the club down. I won't let the club down but I'm not good enough and to post like he's faultless is wrong IMO. I actually think he was much improved last year and I was giving him a lot of praise but I don't forget the times before that when he was very poor at times.

i hope he comes back stronger and is a mainstay but he's not immune to criticism and for anyone to think he's some mind of an answer to our worsening problems need to rethink is this the best we can do. All IMO but again he needs to come back and prove he is worthy of kicking on and dragging his team mates out this league.....he's no a young laddie now.

Aldo
25-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Aldo settle down man, there's people on here who don't see him as good enough it's neither right or wrong regardless if he never let's the club down. I won't let the club down but I'm not good enough and to post like he's faultless is wrong IMO. I actually think he was much improved last year and I was giving him a lot of praise but I don't forget the times before that when he was very poor at times. i hope he comes back stronger and is a mainstay but he's not immune to criticism and for anyone to think he's some mind of an answer to our worsening problems need to rethink is this the best we can do. All IMO but again he needs to come back and prove he is worthy of kicking on and dragging his team mates out this league.....he's no a young laddie now.

One is settled down mate!! No intended to go OTT but just fed up of folk on his back. Few too many drinks (on ma empty head ;-))blah blah (on holiday etc) but yeah he's not faultless has his faults as others do.... But tries and never stops... Unlike some.... but seems to be an easy target for some. Apologies if I've upset anyone.

Ps tried to send you a PM but yur mail box is full!!