PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Stubbs Appointed Head Coach

RSS Bot
24-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Hibernian confirms Alan's arrival

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140624/stubbs-appointed-head-coach_2262950_3927501)

easty
24-06-2014, 01:31 PM
This is a bit out of the blue. Didnt see it coming at all. :greengrin

matty_f
24-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Head coach rather than manager. That's interesting, hopefully it's a set-up that works for us long term.

Thecat23
24-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Good luck Alan, you have a hell of a job on your hands. Behind you and the team 100%.

GreenLake
Good luck Stubbs.

easty
Head coach rather than manager. That's interesting, hopefully it's a set-up that works for us long term.

Same thing isnt it? Just the fancy new name for manager. Like a lollipop man is now a child friendly road safety coordination officer.

J-C
Maybe a DOF coming in :greengrin

The goalie
Welcome and Good Luck!

Aldo
Welcome Alan Stubbs!!

Bronson
24-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Welcome aboard chief, got some job on your hands!

khib70
Excellent news. Welcome Alan, and all the best:flag:

.Sean.
That's what initially struck me Matty. Is there really a difference though?

Welcome to Hibs, Alan. :scarf:

SteveHFC
Welcome Stubbs!

blaikie
Finally!

hfc rd
24-06-2014, 01:36 PM
You've got one hell of a task placed in front of you Alan. But I'll definitely be right behind you and wish you all the best in your new role.

CraigHibee
24-06-2014, 01:36 PM
welcome aboard alan :greengrin

Juice-Terry
24-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Welcome and good luck Alan. You'll need it.

Big Frank
24-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Alan.

**** hertz

Bronson
Is it only a 1 year deal, just out of interest?

Hibstrooper
Welcome to Hibs Alan :flag:

Greencore
24-06-2014, 01:39 PM
As a hibee and an evertonian this pleases me. Welcome to Hibs Alan!

Groathillgrump
Welcome to Hibs, Alan.

Now get to work! :greengrin

Turkish Green
That's what initially struck me Matty. Is there really a difference though?

Welcome to Hibs, Alan. :scarf:
The difference, if there is one, is that the Head Coach does not get involved with players contracts and recruitment. That would normally be the responsibility of a DOF or CEO.

Anyway, welcome :flag:

sadtom
Best of luck Alan.
GGTTH

Hibby Gav
Welcome mate....fresh start...new dreams....lots of work but it's worth it...we are a hell of a club
ggtth

HibbyAndy
24-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Welcome Alan Stubbs , Now we can get down to business and lets see some players coming in! Get on the training field with the players and finding a system to play..Binning the losers etc.

scoopyboy
24-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Our very own Hibee McGinn up at East Mains getting photos with our new man.

Pictures on East Lothian Hibs Twitter.

J-C
24-06-2014, 01:41 PM
The difference, if there is one, is that the Head Coach does not get involved with players contracts and recruitment. That would normally be the responsibility of a DOF or CEO.

Anyway, welcome :flag:

So maybe LD looking after all the contracts and letting Stubbs just get on with coaching.

HKhibby
24-06-2014, 01:45 PM

I do not not like either of them!, do not want Stubbs! and to be honest i do not fancy this Leaane Dempster woman!, fortunately i do not live anywhere near ER! and will not have to see them for a very long time!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Welcome Alan. Behind you all the way.

Brightside
24-06-2014, 01:47 PM
I do not not like either of them!, do not want Stubbs! and to be honest i do not fancy this Leaane Dempster woman!, fortunately i do not live anywhere near ER! and will not have to see them for a very long time!

hahaha and praise be for that.

Hibtastic
24-06-2014, 01:48 PM

FFS :rolleyes:

hibs4thecup1988

Doesnt actually say... Full statement below...

Hibernian today confirmed Alan Stubbs has been appointed the club's Head Coach with immediate effect - taking charge for the forthcoming 2014/15 Scottish Championship season.
Former Bolton, Celtic, Everton and Sunderland defender Stubbs, 42, arrives at Easter Road from Everton where he had been under-21 coach for six years and says he is excited about the challenge ahead.
Stubbs said: "To be given this opportunity with Hibernian is a great privilege and a real honour - it is a massive club with huge potential.
"I'm excited about the future here at Hibernian and what we can all achieve together at the club - this is the start of the journey.
"The Scottish Championship will be a tough division, but I'm confidenthttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/lb_icon1.png (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140624/stubbs-appointed-head-coach_2262950_3927501#) that if we approach the challenge with enthusiasm, optimism and belief then we can achieve success.
"I've been at Everton for almost six years and now I believe I'm ready to take on the role of Head Coach here at Hibernian.
"I would like to thank Everton for giving me the chance to take up this position with Hibernian and now I just can't wait to get started; helping the club to earn promotion."
Chief Executive Leeann Dempster says she is thrilled to have Stubbs on board for next season and reveals he will play an integral role in the club's new structure.
Leeann said: "There were strong candidates who applied for the position but after much consideration, Alan emerged as the stand-out choice.
"It's important that the CEO and Head Coach are very much on the same page and that they forge a close working and trusting partnership.  I spoke with Alan and it became apparent early in the discussions that we had a common goal.
"He is a driven, intelligent and strong-minded character, who has a very clear vision about what he wants to achieve in football - producing positive results, playing attractive football and developing young players.
"All those attributes fitted the criteria we required and we're confident Alan is the right man to unite the club and bring success to Hibernian.
"Alan will be our Head Coach and that is part of the new structure in place at the football club; a continental-style model designed for continued long-term success.
"We would like to place on record our gratitude to Everton for allowing us to appoint Alan; they have been professional in every aspect of the discussion - a testament to how highly they thought of Alan within their own coaching staff.
"Finally we would like to thank our supporters for their patience so far, as a club we can all now look ahead optimistically towards the start of the new season."
Stubbs' first game in charge of Hibernian will be the club's pre-season friendly at Berwick Rangers on Saturday 12 July, kick off 3pm (admission prices, Adults: £10, Concessions: £5).
Hibernian's new Head Coach will be introduced to the media at a conference staged at the Training Centre on Thursday.
Images of our new Head Coach Alan Stubbs will appear here and also on the official Hibernian Facebook and Twitter @HibernianFCClub later this afternoon.

MrSmith
Good luck Alan, you have a hell of a job on your hands. Behind you and the team 100%.

Yes now its confirmend and even though I'm underwhelmed - ditto your sentiment!

J-C
24-06-2014, 01:49 PM
"Alan will be our Head Coach and that is part of the new structure in place at the football club; a continental-style model designed for continued long-term success.

Taken from Hibs web, looks like LD will be in charge of contracts etc allowing him to concentrate on the coaching.

Greencore
24-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Shut up. Give your support to our team, players and management.

Hibtastic
24-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Welcome Alan - positive thinking from now on. All the negative Hibs fans can **** off as far as I am concerned. :greengrin

HH81

Wait what have they done wrong to form such an early opinion?

All the best to both.

dangermouse

LTYF :confused:

JimBHibees
24-06-2014, 01:51 PM
LTYF :confused:

Indeed

Bronson
24-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Doesnt actually say... Full statement below...

Hibernian today confirmed Alan Stubbs has been appointed the club's Head Coach with immediate effect - taking charge for the forthcoming 2014/15 Scottish Championship season.
Former Bolton, Celtic, Everton and Sunderland defender Stubbs, 42, arrives at Easter Road from Everton where he had been under-21 coach for six years and says he is excited about the challenge ahead.
Stubbs said: "To be given this opportunity with Hibernian is a great privilege and a real honour - it is a massive club with huge potential.
"I'm excited about the future here at Hibernian and what we can all achieve together at the club - this is the start of the journey.
"The Scottish Championship will be a tough division, but I'm confidenthttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/lb_icon1.png (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140624/stubbs-appointed-head-coach_2262950_3927501#) that if we approach the challenge with enthusiasm, optimism and belief then we can achieve success.
"I've been at Everton for almost six years and now I believe I'm ready to take on the role of Head Coach here at Hibernian.
"I would like to thank Everton for giving me the chance to take up this position with Hibernian and now I just can't wait to get started; helping the club to earn promotion."
Chief Executive Leeann Dempster says she is thrilled to have Stubbs on board for next season and reveals he will play an integral role in the club's new structure.
Leeann said: "There were strong candidates who applied for the position but after much consideration, Alan emerged as the stand-out choice.
"It's important that the CEO and Head Coach are very much on the same page and that they forge a close working and trusting partnership.  I spoke with Alan and it became apparent early in the discussions that we had a common goal.
"He is a driven, intelligent and strong-minded character, who has a very clear vision about what he wants to achieve in football - producing positive results, playing attractive football and developing young players.
"All those attributes fitted the criteria we required and we're confident Alan is the right man to unite the club and bring success to Hibernian.
"We would like to place on record our gratitude to Everton for allowing us to appoint Alan; they have been professional in every aspect of the discussion - a testament to how highly they thought of Alan within their own coaching staff.
"Finally we would like to thank our supporters for their patience so far, as a club we can all now look ahead optimistically towards the start of the new season."
Stubbs' first game in charge of Hibernian will be the club's pre-season friendly at Berwick Rangers on Saturday 12 July, kick off 3pm (admission prices, Adults: £10, Concessions: £5).
Hibernian's new Head Coach will be introduced to the media at a conference staged at the Training Centre on Thursday.
Images of our new Head Coach Alan Stubbs will appear here and also on the official Hibernian Facebook and Twitter @HibernianFCClub later this afternoon.

Suggests only a 1 year deal, perhaps being a bit more cautious after the 3 year deal given to Butcher.

Hibernian Verse
24-06-2014, 01:52 PM

Calm down, Rod.

SeanWilson
24-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Welcome Alan, nice to have a a fellow scouse (even if a blue one:greengrin). Good luck and GGTTH!! :flag:

Dan Sarf
24-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Welcome and good luck Alan! :flag:

easty
24-06-2014, 01:54 PM

You didnt really have to quote my post here did you? We are certainly not on the same page/book/library.

I'm right behind the new man and women in charge.

Waxy
24-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Welcome and best of luck Alan.

cam2644
24-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Good luck Alan Stubbs. Your arrival hasn't been made easy but I'm sure you'll be aware of the scale of the challenge ahead. All the best

Scotty-1875
24-06-2014, 01:56 PM

I'm sure you'll see them when we come to play hertz at The Wonga Dome. :bye:

silverhibee
24-06-2014, 01:56 PM

:bye:

paul_hfc3
24-06-2014, 01:57 PM

**** off you Jambo ****, go **** a pig in gorgie farm

Hibtastic
24-06-2014, 01:58 PM
**** off you Jambo ****, go **** a pig in gorgie farm

Funny I had the same reaction... :greengrin

silverhibee
Suggests only a 1 year deal, perhaps being a bit more cautious after the 3 year deal given to Butcher.

Rolling contract

Vini1875
Good Luck Alan. A few decent signings and that pre season optimism will return. I'm not expecting Mowbray football but I have a feeling it will be closer to it than the TB style of hit and hope.

Hibs90
24-06-2014, 01:59 PM
I reckon it's a decent appointment

jdships
24-06-2014, 01:59 PM
:bye:

:top marks

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 02:01 PM
So maybe LD looking after all the contracts and letting Stubbs just get on with coaching.
That's how I read it, which is not a bad thing. Stubbs would give his list of player requirements to LD and she'd be charged with going out and getting them.

TowerHibs
24-06-2014, 02:03 PM

Your a welt pal. 2 weeks of posts about not getting repsonses to your "urgent" emails and then this.

A clown shoe

Sean1875
24-06-2014, 02:03 PM
he's got the same birthday as me, I like him already :greengrin

John_the_angus_hibby
24-06-2014, 02:04 PM

:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steino1875
Welcome Mr stubbs hopefully you can get us back were we belong p. s when will the friendly against Everton be

andudare2
I do not not like either of them!, do not want Stubbs! and to be honest i do not fancy this Leaane Dempster woman!, fortunately i do not live anywhere near ER! and will not have to see them for a very long time!Hibernian F C. Would now like to take the oppertuninty to apoligise to you personally&assure you than when next we choose a new head coach,we shall be sure to run our choice by you for approval!!!:confused:

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Unbelievable, truly unbelievable.

:cheerio:

hibbypostie
24-06-2014, 02:05 PM
welcome Alan get stuck in lad http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

PS what does LTYF mean im guessing the YF is yam fud lol

Hibs07p
24-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Welcome Alan, please produce a fit team that can pass the ball to each other, and not the opposition.

GGTTH

Hibtastic
24-06-2014, 02:07 PM
welcome Alan get stuck in lad http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

PS what does LTYF mean im guessing the YF is yam fud lol

I think LT could be:

- Launch The
- Lamp The

In either case both are appropriate for HKhibby!

Pretty Boy
24-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Any chance you can refrain from spouting pish on here for a very, very, very long time as well.

spike220
24-06-2014, 02:08 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140624/stubbs-appointed-head-coach_2262950_3927501)

nice.

steino1875
24-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Welcome Mr stubbs hopefully you can get us back were we belong p.s when will the friendly against Everton be announced

Bronson
Rolling contract

Ahh, makes sense!:aok:

spike220

Is that you Terry?

Dave-O
24-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Welcome Alan, now for some decent signings please!! :thumbsup:

oh!! and there's a few huddies still left over from last year that need launched, I trust Leeann will let you know who they are. :wink:

spike220
24-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Rolling contract

That is the first time in a long time we have seen anything roll at Easter Road :greengrin

Greenblood70
24-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I've recently finished Alan Stubbs book which I bought when we were linked with him. He has very definite ideas about coaching players, thinks Scottish refs and media favour Rangers, seems very single minded in achieving his goals and seems to have a very wide network of contacts from his playing career.

If he has a positive impact on the young players, sets us up to play something resembling football again and brings back some much needed optimism and positivity he'll do for me. I hope he has already identified some proven players in key areas to strengthen the squad, especially keepers, centre halves, right back and strikers. Time for everyone to get behind him, as I'm sure the vast majority will.

Good luck Alan, let's get this club on the right road again on the park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IanM
24-06-2014, 02:16 PM

It's been a long time coming but I've resisted the next four letters until it was truly necessary...

LTYF

clearly a jambo, clearly not a very intelligent one as well..

as for your bit in bold - let’s hope we don't see you near Hibs.net for a very very very very very very long very very very veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time

Pat 0-7
24-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I've recently finished Alan Stubbs book which I bought when we were linked with him. He has very definite ideas about coaching players, thinks Scottish refs and media favour Rangers, seems very single minded in achieving his goals and seems to have a very wide network of contacts from his playing career.

If he has a positive impact on the young players, sets us up to play something resembling football again and brings back some much needed optimism and positivity he'll do for me. I hope he has already identified some proven players in key areas to strengthen the squad, especially keepers, centre halves, right back and strikers. Time for everyone to get behind him, as I'm sure the vast majority will.

:top marks

Good luck Stubbsy!!!

:flag:

John_the_angus_hibby
24-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Welcome Alan. Wish you every success at turning the club around.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
24-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Welcome, Alan. Best of luck.

neil7908
24-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Glad to see this finally confirmed. Also interesting to note the new set up with Stubbs are head coach, curious to see what kind of a difference it makes. I think if Stubbs and Dempster are on the same page and form a good working relationship it might just be a good idea.

Now let's started getting some players signed up!

offshorehibby
24-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Welcome Alan and all the best.

GGTTH

erin go bragh
24-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome A S . Now lets get some quality on the park .

Ggtth

CB_NO3
24-06-2014, 02:22 PM
So who signs the players if Stubbs is only the coach?

Haymaker
24-06-2014, 02:23 PM

One imagines that LD and our new Director or Football Operations will do the dealings with input from the coach.

SteveHFC
24-06-2014, 02:24 PM

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/t1.0-0/308902_209363689117534_212414_a.jpg?oh=acabeb2403d 9416adbc512a8130fe7e4&oe=53C2CEDA&__gda__=1406930164_b5e4227b157f1aad19c185a727d4fc4 a

brian6-2
24-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Good luck Aldo.

southsider
24-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Thank Christ for that. You need to go get a life. Us real Hibs boys and girls will all welcome both.

Weststandwanab
24-06-2014, 02:26 PM

Think about it !

Welcome Mr. Stubbs I wish you all the luck in the world.

GGTTH

Grizz
24-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Welcome aboard Alan - Looking forward to seeing what you can bring to our club.

Hibs7
24-06-2014, 02:28 PM
About time ... The worst kept secret in Scottish football.. Good luck Mr Stubbs I think you might just do the job.

Lucius Apuleius
24-06-2014, 02:29 PM

You stopped posting for a long time. Would be delighted if you started again.

HFC07
24-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Welcome on board Alan,

best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

ASGWA

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2014, 02:31 PM

Dear oh dear.......

Fortunately you say you won't have to see either of them??? Why even bother posting??

Turkish Green
24-06-2014, 02:35 PM
This delay in announcing maybe turned out to be a good thing as it has given me time to sway my thoughts in his direction.

HEAD COACH - he'll do just fine.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

WestCoastHibby
24-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Great, now that's done and dusted we can whinge about lack of goalies, players, especially ones lacking"Hibs class" etc.

Best of luck Stubbsy!!

semaj64
24-06-2014, 02:48 PM

Sounds great and here is hoping we start moving quickly in right direction. Probably a good thing that there is not a lot of time and everyone can focus on getting the job done.

Time For Heroes
24-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Worst kept secret.
Welcome to the mad house!

leggeto
24-06-2014, 02:54 PM

When they get sacked at the end of the season there will be no pay off money due ;)

MyJo
24-06-2014, 02:55 PM

Yet you expect them to personally answer your emails, telling them how to do their job, within 12 hours of you sending it to them.

Fortunately you do not live anywhere near ER and we will not have to see you for a very long time. Pity you'll still have internet access and fingers to bore the f*** out of us on here with your inane s*** on a regular basis.

Jim44
24-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Seems to me that this thread has been hijacked by one idiot and one misguided post. Ignore him completely and don't give him the attention he seeks.

hfc rd
24-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Jeez! You do post some utter drivel! Some Hibs fan you are!

Zazu62
24-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Jeez! You do post some utter drivel! Some Hibs fan you are!

It's because he supports hearts mate . Anyways ..

All for goals and glory . All the best Allan Stubbs

weonlywon6-2
24-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Welcome to Hibernian FC Alan,if you build it they will come !!!

Lago
24-06-2014, 03:08 PM
[QHKhibby;4074582]I do not not like either of them!, do not want Stubbs! and to be honest i do not fancy this Leaane Dempster woman!, fortunately i do not live anywhere near ER! and will not have to see them for a very long time![/QUOTE]

I don't think your opinions are of any interest to hibs much less anyone on here.:na na:

nribs
24-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Welcome Alan hope you become a Hibs great, hope we will be absolutely gutted when you leave, because you will leave and I hope it's because you have out grown Hibs.

A few questions though? Will Stubs still identify players and then LD does all the negotiating? if that's the case what's changed? Or does he tell Steve Marcella the type of player he wants, Steve goes and finds them then reports back to LD for her to sign? I'm just unsure how this works?

Also have i miessed anything is there a No2?

CB_NO3
24-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Think about it !

Welcome Mr. Stubbs I wish you all the luck in the world.

GGTTH

I have no idea. Is Dempster a good judge of a player? Petrie? This new guy from Falkirk who the Falkirk fans did not rate one bit?

greenlex
24-06-2014, 03:21 PM
More right field than left field. Welcome aboard the good ship Hibernian Alan.

stoneyburn hibs
24-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Welcome and good luck Stubbs.

Siralbertkidd
24-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Stubborn out, Stubbs in.

Go for it Alan :flag:

Oscar T Grouch
24-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah, welcome on board Alan, now let's get organised and win this league we're in.

GGTTH.

GlasgowHibee
24-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Welcome aboard Alan. :thumbsup:

NB: Can we refer to him as Stubbsy or is strictly Alan/Stubbs. :greengrin

manx hibee
24-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by HKhibby:

Ach well let's just sack them both on your say so
#clown
Ggtth

Persevere80
24-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the hibbes family stubbs.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

JustSimplyHibs
24-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Welcome Stubbsy

Now, just get on that training field and find that winning system...

All the best.

:tbgwa: need to get rid of this!!!!!

Joe6-2
24-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Calm down, Rod.

If only it was him!!

The Green Goblin
24-06-2014, 03:47 PM
What a post that was. LTHF! :greengrin

Welcome to Hibs Alan. Good luck!

gringojoe
24-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Good luck and best wishes Alan. Hope you turn out to be what we have been looking for.

gjb1875
24-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Hope you last longer than some. ggtth

Golden Bear
24-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Best of luck Alan.

Hopefully this appointment will go some way to Stubb out some of the savage criticism that the Club has been subjected to recently.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Anyone want a laugh? Some plank has made StubbsOut Twitter. Embarrassing :faf:

Bristolhibby
24-06-2014, 03:56 PM

Taken from Hibs web, looks like LD will be in charge of contracts etc allowing him to concentrate on the coaching.

That seems infinitely sensible, no?

Quite frankly what does a football coach know about negotiating with agents, etc.

Stick to what you are good at, getting players to play football.

Welcome Alan! I hope you have a good un.

J

heretoday
24-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Thank god someone is at the helm at last. Looking forward to a supermarket sweep for decent players.

However, speaking as an Everton fan, I'm devastated at the news.............

SteveHFC
24-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Link pal :greengrin

--------
24-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Yet you expect them to personally answer your emails, telling them how to do their job, within 12 hours of you sending it to them.

Fortunately you do not live anywhere near ER and we will not have to see you for a very long time. Pity you'll still have internet access and fingers to bore the f*** out of us on here with your inane s*** on a regular basis.

Not if the admins do their job and punt him.

I don't know which is worse, his poisonous attitude or his illiterate spelling, punctuation and grammar. :rolleyes:

Aldo
24-06-2014, 04:02 PM

Thank god for that then..... I mean you'll be nowhere for a long time but at least twice this season!!

BYE NOW!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Link pal :greengrin

Type in "@StubbsOut" in the search bit on Twitter mate.

S4uzee
24-06-2014, 04:04 PM

It will be a Jambo as they're obsessed with us

Stax
24-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Good luck alan, hopefully the start of something beautiful..Now move yer arse & get some decent players in :thumbsup:

hibby67
24-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Welcome to hibernian Alan best off luck

MrRobot
24-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Welcome Stubbsy

Here's hoping for great things.

carnoustiehibee
24-06-2014, 04:14 PM

What's your twitter name?

pontius pilate
24-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Welcome alan im sure you already know what and who is required. Let the game and squad changing begin.

Beefster
24-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Stubbs trains the squad, Rodders picks the team. Probably.

PS Can I be the first to rebel against 'Stubbsy'? It's too common and not Hibs class. I'll be referring to him as 'Stubbster' from now on.

Gatecrasher
24-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Good luck Stubbs, hopefully the man to turn us around.

JeMeSouviens
24-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Stubbs trains the squad, Rodders picks the team. Probably.

PS Can I be the first to rebel against 'Stubbsy'? It's too common and not Hibs class. I'll be referring to him as 'Stubbster' from now on.

*the* Stubbster (I'm sure you meant). :wink:

silverhibee
24-06-2014, 04:23 PM

:tbgwa: :jmcp:

Thoughts.

Beefster
24-06-2014, 04:25 PM
*the* Stubbster (I'm sure you meant). :wink:

Good idea. Adds a bit of extra class (as if The Stubbster needed it).

hihohibby
24-06-2014, 04:26 PM
I can only wish Alan Stubbs good luck in taking on the challenge of getting our club back in the top league. It's a big ask, and an all but impossible one if he does not bring in the quality, fight and commitment needed in practically every position - qualities that the bulk of the present contracted players lack in abundance.

MG1965
24-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Good luck and hopefully with your views on "playing attractive football and developing young players" we will be back exciting Scottish football once again.

lucky
24-06-2014, 04:52 PM
He's the man now so I will support him. Now hopefully he will sign some players.

AlbertK86
24-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Welcome Alan

Good luck

Take us back to where we belong...... With some stylish football along the way

We all love to see our own young talent being developed and it appears that why he has been identified

Let's get right behind him

GGTTH

mrdependable
24-06-2014, 05:00 PM
the more i have thought about this appointment and what he can bring to the club, the happier i am :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
24-06-2014, 05:15 PM

I year is fine for me, IMO we are in a position that us not getting promoted is a failure this term. If Stubbs does the job then he will then get his rightful chance to continue in the top league.

I think he might just do us a turn.

GreenLake
24-06-2014, 05:21 PM

I was thinking your nick stood for Hong Kong Hibby, but I see now it means Hong King Hibby.:7::0:

Onion
24-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Welcome to Hibs. Hope you're a lot better than the last 4 or 5 incumbents. Scottish Cup and promotion to the Prem in yr 1 will do nicely :greengrin

The Green Goblin
24-06-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm pleased with how this has been done and have high hopes for Mr Stubbs.

What we need now is for the gifted on this board to come up with a song to the tune on Mr Sandman.

Mr. Stubbsy
Build me a team
Make it the best, that we've ever seen
Get them to pass, attack and make runs
Get some results agains the yams and huns
Mr. Stubbsy, etc.

:greengrin

Squealing pig
24-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Mon the big man

FranckSuzy
24-06-2014, 06:02 PM

And you wondered why they didn't reply to your emails? :faf:

Squealing pig
24-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Welcome , good luck Alan

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 06:07 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if it came from one of the many Mr Negativity Posters on here.

Crazyhorse
24-06-2014, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Turkish Green;4074567]The difference, if there is one, is that the Head Coach does not get involved with players contracts and recruitment. That would normally be the responsibility of a DOF or CEO.

Or conduit?

heretoday
24-06-2014, 06:54 PM
The feeling on the Toffees sites is that we will get some of their young guys on loan.

Shane Duffy was mentioned. He's played in the Prem and briefly for Ireland. Also Browning, an England Under-21 international.

So that sounds ok if it happens.

BarneyHibby
24-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Welcome to Hibernian Alan! :agree:

24-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Don't know anything about the guy so cant sit here and say whether I think its a good appointment or a bad appointment.

But the guy has my full support none the less and heres hoping we have found the right man to take us forward and who can build a decent team that will give us the best chance of gaining promotion.

Alan Stubbs Green and White Army :flag:

Calum68
24-06-2014, 07:15 PM

I'm sure you'll be missed....NOT!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-06-2014, 07:21 PM
His short interview on SSN was pretty good.

Wellbankhibby
24-06-2014, 07:22 PM

I made it clear in an earlier post that he was not for me but now the appointment has been confirmed by the Club I want to state clearly that I am behind him 100%. Come on you Hibees.

manx hibee
24-06-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm sure you'll be missed....NOT!

#fanny
# tosser
#welt
But more important
#GGTTH

jimmyboco1875
24-06-2014, 07:25 PM
His short interview on SSN was pretty good.

You got link?

OsloHibs
24-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Welcome to Hibs :aok: Does anyone have the link to his press conference?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-06-2014, 07:27 PM
You got link?

Can't find one just yet but will post it when I do :aok::agree:

bingo70
24-06-2014, 07:27 PM
You got link?

It's due to come on ssn shortly if that helps.

Although the ***** have been saying that for hours!!!!

Blaster
24-06-2014, 07:56 PM
It's due to come on ssn shortly if that helps.

Although the ***** have been saying that for hours!!!!

Just saw it and he came across well. And said work already started to bring players in. Lets get fully behind him

bingo70
24-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Just saw it and he came across well. And said work already started to bring players in. Lets get fully behind him

Ffs! Watched that bloody channel for hours trying to see that interview, must have watched pish about their ******g cricket team about 15 times!

Blaster
24-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Ffs! Watched that bloody channel for hours trying to see that interview, must have watched pish about their ******g cricket team about 15 times!

You'll need to watch it all again lol. And Hibee mcginn was on too. At least the back of his head was!

AlbertK86
24-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Yep he came across well.

States he wants to play football on deck but main focus is to win

Knows we are short on numbers but says we will have players coming in that will make for a very competitive squad

Very positive in his manner about how we will do when asked about it being a competitive league due to them and their glasgae cousins

H13BYM
24-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Exciting times!!

Now....... Let's get to it!

Welcome, Mr Stubbs now hold on tight!!

Wilbur
24-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Welcome to Hibs Alan! A question though, does a head coach still identify player he wants to bring in, but let's the CEO deal with all the business of signing them? Or do the club identify players and ask the head coach if he would like them? Personally, I don't care as long as we get the best players we can and get out this league at the first time of asking.

GGTTH

edwards
24-06-2014, 09:07 PM
#fanny
# tosser
#welt
But more important
#GGTTH
Was going to post this on another thread but taken off :rolleyes:
Most of them hold a grudge from when he appeared to influence Rooney about a move to ManU. Lets face it are there many players willing to turn them down. They got a load of dosh for him and looked a tad overated on the big stage in Brazil his goal was a tap in.
Fingers crossed Stubbs will change the flow of absolute sheeeite we have had to put up with for god knows how long, if not he will be another casualty who will end up back down south with his tail between his legs.
Over to you Alan we really do want you to be a success Imagine going back down south after winning a trophy or two with Hibs you could give they evertonians who are giving you grief the one fingered salute. :wink:

Eyrie
24-06-2014, 09:14 PM
I'm shocked, shocked to find that Stubbs has been appointed here.

But I'm looking forward to the new manager and how he takes us forward and up.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Whoever was appointed deserves a chance to prove he can succeed so 100% support from me for the Scouser.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Whoever was appointed deserves a chance to prove he can succeed so 100% support from me for the Scouser.

You getting the club interpreter gig? :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
24-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Everton boss Roberto Martinez said: "We wish Alan the very best of luck. The reality is when you work well and do things well, people will take notice.
"It reflects the excellent work done last season at the club and means it has been seen from the outside as well.
"We're proud when those individuals that are Everton through and through get noticed and are given rewards and opportunities." :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2014, 09:39 PM
You getting the club interpreter gig? :greengrin

:greengrin Yes and already pushing for a scouse assistant to make my position secure.

Jaymz
24-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Welcome to Hibs Alan. Looking forward to seeing what you can bring to our club :thumbsup:

Ross89
24-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Good luck Alan - you have my full support son. :agree:

greenpaper55
24-06-2014, 09:46 PM
I know we have a manager on our hands when we can take a throw in !.

MyJo
24-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I know we have a manager on our hands when we can take a throw in !.

Easy tiger, taking a decent throw in is just slightly behind winning the Scottish cup on my list of things I hope to see hibs do before I die.

He is a man, not a miracle worker :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Good luck Alan.

All ya need ta do is find seven or so decent players, get them to gell with what few decent players we have left and get them playing decent winning fiba in 6 weeks.

Nae probs mate :aok:

Sir David Gray
24-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Good luck to him.

He's probably going to need it as I would say he's got the toughest job out of any previous Hibs manager in my lifetime.

I'm not taking much notice of his press conferences at the moment as everyone was impressed with what Butcher had to say when he first came in and that turned into a disaster. Lots of people can come across well in interviews and not deliver the goods when it matters and the opposite is also true.

I'll be judging him solely on what happens on the pitch.

jimmyboco1875
25-06-2014, 05:42 AM
Anyone got a link to this

Ronniekirk
25-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Good luck to him.

He's probably going to need it as I would say he's got the toughest job out of any previous Hibs manager in my lifetime.

I'm not taking much notice of his press conferences at the moment as everyone was impressed with what Butcher had to say when he first came in and that turned into a disaster. Lots of people can come across well in interviews and not deliver the goods when it matters and the opposite is also true.

I'll be judging him solely on what happens on the pitch.

This but hope he does go on to do well for us and he can handle the expectation of fans for promotion at first time of asking and achieve Leeann s Key Performance a Targets .Wonder if the new Transparency and new P R. Will lead to these being shared with fans

CallumLaidlaw
25-06-2014, 08:31 AM
@Jamesmcdonaugh: For the first time since january I am whistling the #allezallezallezoh tune. Maybe good times ahead. Good feeling about this

Peevemor
25-06-2014, 08:35 AM
@Jamesmcdonaugh: For the first time since january I am whistling the #allezallezallezoh tune. Maybe good times ahead. Good feeling about this

:aok:

J-C
25-06-2014, 08:36 AM

oooooooh maybe having a wee dig at his departed boss there, it was January when El Tel decided to screw everything up by telling half the squad they were useless and would be gone by the summer, maybe working at East Mains wasn't a happy place to be, plus McDonaugh will be happy to let the lads play his passing style game again instead of being forced to play the hoofball he was told.

MyJo
25-06-2014, 08:53 AM
oooooooh maybe having a wee dig at his departed boss there, it was January when El Tel decided to screw everything up by telling half the squad they were useless and would be gone by the summer, maybe working at East Mains wasn't a happy place to be, plus McDonaugh will be happy to let the lads play his passing style game again instead of being forced to play the hoofball he was told.

I think your right and that has probably been the catalyst for George Craig being appointed to oversee "footballing operations" while our new "head coach" is responsible solely for first team matters rather than having a manager running roughshod over the academy guys and telling them to lump the ball into the channels at every opportunity like the first team were doing.

DanTheMan
25-06-2014, 09:33 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9360580/hibs-appoint-stubbs

ALF TUPPER
25-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Welcome Stubbsy.

Hoofball ? Do dey do dat ? Dey don't do dat don't dey don't!

:)

GGTTH

Season ticket time !!

Nevi_SOL
25-06-2014, 09:34 AM

I'm personally really glad he was one that never got the axe. Think he is a real asset to the club.

GGTTH

RP1875
25-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Welcome to Hibernian Stubbsy.

All the luck and best wishes in the world. :aok:

Hibs7
25-06-2014, 09:56 AM

That little snippet, says an awful lot about what it must have been like with Butcher......

FranckSuzy
25-06-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm personally really glad he was one that never got the axe. Think he is a real asset to the club.

GGTTH

:agree: 100%